How much space does a slow motion video take?
Due to the efficiency of the H.265 video codec (HEVC), 1 minute of recording in Slo-Mo mode (1080p / 120 frames per second) takes about 170 MB of memory, 240 fps. 480 MB.
Comparison of time-lapse quality on different iPhone models
By default, iOS devices record Full HD video at 120 fps, but the settings can be changed if desired. Note that the ability to shoot Full HD video at 240 fps is present only in the iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XR and iPhone XS, earlier models only support video recording in 720p resolution (1,280 × 720 pixels).
- iPhone 5s. 720p (1,280 x 720 pixels) @ 120fps
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. 720p @ 240fps
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus. 1080p @ 120fps or 720p @ 240fps
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max. 1080p @ 120fps or 240fps.
1080p / 240fps video recording requires H.265 (High Efficiency Video Coding) codec built into Apple A11 Bionic microprocessor or higher.
How to transfer videos to Mac or PC
In Preferences → Photos → Transfer to Mac or PC, choose your preferred file transfer format. Two options are available. Automatic and Transfer Originals.
When you select the latter, the file format will be preserved in its original form, and in Automatic mode, when transferring video from a phone to a computer, it will be encoded with an H.265 encoder, which will increase compatibility by changing the file size. Use this setting if your computer does not support the H.265 video codec.
How To Change Slow Motion Video To Normal Video On Iphone. Fliptroniks.com
When transferring videos using AirDrop or the Share menu, iOS always transfers the converted H.264 version for better compatibility.
Slow motion video on iPhone: how to shoot and adjust quality, which iPhones are supported
All modern iPhones have a colossal number of functions that users sometimes do not even know about, and this is a technological and rather expensive device. Today we will talk about such a wonderful function as the slow motion mode: on which devices it is present, how to use it all and what settings can be tweaked.
Starting with the iPhone 5s, all models of Apple smartphones can record video at 120 frames per second, but only the latest versions equipped with the A11 Bionic and A12 Bionic chips, such as the iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XR and iPhone XS, can record Slo.Mo video in Full HD resolution (1920 × 1080 pixels) at 240 fps.
How to Record Slow Motion Video on iPhone (1080p / 240fps)
Open the “Settings” app on your smartphone.
Choose the quality of slow motion.
Advice. To display the hidden option to record 720p video at 240 fps on modern devices, switch from High Efficiency to Most Compatible in Settings. Camera → Format. Camera format menu does not appear on unsupported devices.
Close “Settings” and launch the “Camera” application.
Select the “Slow down” option at the bottom of the interface.
Advice. iOS can remember the last used mode, for example, “Video” or “Photo”. To do this, open “Settings” → “Camera” → “Save settings” and switch the toggle switch of the “Camera mode” option to the “on” position.
Press the “Record” button or the volume rocker to start or stop recording.
The recorded video will be saved in the Photos application as a.MOV file.
Which devices can view slow-motion video captured on iPhone
Full HD video recorded at 240 fps can be viewed on any device that is compatible with iOS 11 or macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later, although modern iPhone or Mac models (iPhone 6 or later) may be required for quality playback. iPad Air 2, Mac models released since Mid 2015).
Slow motion video can be viewed on iPhone just like any other. All iPhone models from the 4s have a 60Hz display, so any high frame rate video plays without any loss of quality. For high-quality playback of the recording on desktop computers (based on macOS or Windows), you will need devices equipped with a 6th generation Intel Core processor or lower.
However, it is best to watch videos on iPad Pro. All 2017 models support Apple ProMotion technology, which provides picture refresh rates up to 120Hz. When playing video at 1080p / 240fps on an iPad Pro that supports this technology, the screen refresh rate will automatically increase to 120Hz for smoother, clearer playback.
Examples of slow motion video captured on iPhone
An example of shooting in Slo-Mo mode on iPhone 5s:
Devices running on the Android operating system do not allow you to shoot “slow motion” without downloading additional software, since their video editor does not provide a slow motion effect.
A good choice of programs that you can install to create videos with slowmo are:
- Slow Motion FX is an application specially created only for slowing down videos. In addition to this effect, it has only one function. trimming the recording;
- Slow Motion Frame Video Player. there is a function for automatic processing of shooting, but this program loses to everyone else due to the fact that the resulting clip cannot be saved in it. It will be useful for those who want to see how the video with slow motion will look like, or for those who just want to show someone the slow mo effect.
- Viva Video is a free software with a good set of functionality. Unlike the two previous programs, it is capable of full-fledged video editing.
- Action Director is a multifunctional application where you can edit the playback speed: slow down and speed up.
- Video Shop. contains all the basic tools for editing any video. These include speed changes.
This is not a complete list of software that can be used by owners of Android phones. At your discretion, you can select and download any other program you like.
How to slow down Tik Tok video on your phone
The visual special effect “Slow motion” is extremely popular and is becoming more and more in demand every day. Videos with him gain a lot of views, likes and comments in Tik-Tok. To record the same cool video, you need to know how to do slowmo in tiktok or on the phone. This is necessary so that at any time you can shoot and edit a high-quality and beautiful video that will be of interest to a large audience.
Slumo is an effect that allows you to slow down your footage to less than 24 frames per second. This chip got its name from the English words meaning “slow motion effect” in translation. Such shots can be found not only on Tiktok, but also in famous films, amateur videos and family chronicles.
Slumo in tik tok. how to make it
If you still don’t know how to make a slowmo, don’t be discouraged. Perhaps you just haven’t come across this feature in your smartphone editor yet, as it is not available on all phones. But in the editor of the TikTok application there is an opportunity to shoot clips in the “Slow motion” mode.
- Enter the program, shoot the video;
- If you just need to slow down the speed of the entire video, set the playback speed to 0.3x or 0.5x;
- If you need a slowmo effect to slow down individual sections of the video, then on the lower editor panel select the “Effects” icon, then the “Time” tab;
- A panel with time effects will open: “Reverse”, “Repeat” and “Slumo”. Select the last icon;
- On the time line below the clip, mark the area where you want to slow down;
- Select songs for the video, save the resulting recording:
- Upload your finished video and ask your subscribers if they like this kind of shooting.
How to make slowmo tik tok on your phone
If you figured out how to slow down a video in tiktok, but you want to learn how to create cool videos with a slowmo effect using your phone, then be happy: there is also such a method. You can shoot videos on a smartphone through a video editor or through special applications downloaded from official markets.
Unlike Android, the IOS operating system allows its owners to edit videos in camera mode. They do not need to download additional programs.
To get a slow motion shot:
- Enter the “Camera” application;
- Find the “Slow” or “Slow Motion” mode;
- Record and watch a video with music;
- If after listening you are not satisfied with the automatic processing of the effect, click on the “Edit” button. In the section under the video, put the slider at the desired time intervals. Check the result;
- Save the video with the “Finish” button.
After you have created your unique clip using your iPhone, you just have to go to TikTok and upload the resulting video under your profile. Good luck!
A quality video editor. There are all the necessary functions to create interesting videos. Allows you to significantly slow down playback.
Add a project, click on the video in the bottom panel to open a menu with tools. Speedometer icon change speed.
- 4K support
- No required subscription
- Work with text
- Music overlay
- Changing the aspect ratio
Create a new project and add the required video. Click on the button to edit it and edit the required speed, how the result will look can be viewed immediately.
- No mandatory subscription. free
- Adding text
- and many other cool features
VN video editor
High-quality and convenient video editor that does not require a subscription at the moment. It is very simple to work in it, all actions are placed on separate buttons and are accompanied by instructions.
Add a video to a new project and set its new speed by clicking on the speedometer icon below. The speed can be changed according to the established templates, if desired.
- No required subscription
- and other tools
Splice. Video Editor Maker
It is considered one of the best video editor for iPhone. Includes many tools for working with videos and has a very nice interface.
After creating a project, you can add many different effects to the video, including the function of changing the playback speed.
- Distributed by subscription
- Working with sounds
- and many other tools
A quality program from Apple itself. It is very easy to work with it, the interface is clear, made in a dark color so as not to be distracted by anything and the eyes do not get tired. With the help of the program, you can create full-fledged films and trailers to them.
In the app, add your video to the project. Click on it at the bottom, in the panel with frames. a tool menu will appear. Press the button with the speedometer and set the required speed.
- Editing and correction
- Is free
- Making films and trailers
- Adding text
- Working with sound
Slo mo video
The application is specially designed to create slow motion videos on the screen of your smartphone. The interface is directly designed for these purposes and is very user-friendly.
Add the required video file and you will be immediately prompted to unscrew the slider on the speedometer to the desired values. Allows you to work very quickly.
- Distributed by subscription
- Of the functions at the moment, only work with the playback speed
- Extremely simple control
How to Slow Down Videos on iPhone: Quick and Easy
You can slow down video on iPhone using special applications that allow you to do it as quickly and efficiently as possible.
This often helps if the slow-motion recording parameter was not set when shooting a video. Consider the TOP of such programs from the App Store.
In the previous article, we discussed what you need to do to find an iPhone via iCloud. Now let’s make a list of the best software with which you can quickly make a slow-motion video on the iPhone.
How to slow down a video on iPhone?
IPhone owners sometimes do not understand what their devices are capable of. Modern models of “apple” gadgets, for example, allow you to create bright videos with the Slo-Mo effect. Here’s How to Create Slow Motion Video on iPhone.
All iPhone models, starting with 5S, are able to shoot video with the Slow Motion effect. For the sake of such an opportunity, device users do not need to download applications from the AppStore or make clever settings for their mobile devices. You can activate slow motion mode directly in the camera menu.
How to take slow motion video on iPhone?
Technically, the Slow-Motion effect is achieved due to the fact that the video is shot with an increased FPS. the number of frames per second. After recording is finished, the clip is brought to the standard frame rate, and therefore the image is slowed down. The standard frequency for iPhones is 15 FPS. “Apple” gadgets of the 6th generation are capable of shooting HD-video at 240 FPS. It is easy to calculate that you can achieve high-quality deceleration 16 times!
However, users rarely resort to such a radical slowdown. videos with initially high FPS take up too much space. It is enough to slow down the Full HD video from the iPhone 5S (FPS 30) by 2 times. it will already look very impressive! How to activate Slo-Mo mode on Apple devices?
Launch the built-in Camera app and switch to Video.
Flip through the mode dial. Once you’ve found the Slo-Mo mode, stop there.
Start recording by pressing the REC button.
Once you’ve finished recording, you can enjoy watching the slow motion video and maybe even upload it to Instagram.
Slo-Mo must be activated before recording, not after. You can only slow down a video recorded with a standard FPS by using third-party software.
Slow motion programs
Despite the fact that the built-in Slo-mo video recording function is available only on iPhone 5S and newer devices, owners of iPhone 5 and 4th modification models can also make excellent slow-motion videos. for this they need to use applications from the AppStore and Cydia.
On the iPhone 4, most of these programs will not work. utilities require at least iOS 8, while the “four” will not be able to install the “operating system” of a more modern version than 7.1.2. One of the few slow-motion video software that you can install on iPhone 4 is SloPro. This app does not have high OS requirements. it loads on iOS 7 too.
SloPro writes the original video at 60 FPS, then slows down the playback speed to the standard 15 FPS. The user of the application has other options besides recording clips in Slo-mo:
Using the program is very simple. after starting SloPro, you need to point the iPhone camera at the subject and press the red REC button.
Once you’ve finished shooting, you should start editing. The user needs to select a video in the library and open it.
On the next screen, you need to press the “Edit” button in the upper right corner. this will start the editing mode.
At the bottom is a rather modest toolbar. Using the Clip In and Clip Out buttons, you can trim the video from both ends. Buttons “Speed In” and “Speed Out” allow you to slow down a part of the video.
You can select and apply any effect to the video using the “Render” button located at the top of the screen. The library of effects is small. there are only 3 options in the list. The most impressive one is “Ghost”. The entry and exit points of this effect are marked with disturbing sounds.
To complete editing in SloPro, you need to click the checkmark in the upper right corner of the screen.
Here’s a video we were able to make using the SloPro app on iPhone 4. there is a slow motion inset with the “Ghost” effect:
To share videos in SloPro, click on the “Share” button.
There will be 3 social networks where you can upload the video for free Instagram, YouTube.
Owners of the paid version of the application get more options for exporting and sharing videos. The watermark can also be removed only by the person who paid. The paid version of SloPro costs 4.
You can also slow down video on iPhone using other applications:
- SlowCam. The famous application with a snail on the logo is also installed on iOS 7. However, this program does not have a free version. You will have to pay 149 rubles for downloading SlowCam. RePlay. The RePlay video editor is one of the most popular among Apple technology users. It includes 24 presets for video editing, including Snappy. This style allows you to slow down and speed up your finished video. RePlay is considered a free application, but you will have to pay 219 rubles to remove the watermark. Among the disadvantages of the video editor are the high requirements for the iPhone operating system. The program will not install on iOS below 9.0. Slo-Mo Mod. The Slo-Mo Mod tweak from Cydia allows you to add the Slow Motion effect even to “old” devices. including the iPhone 4 and iPad 2. The tweak will also be useful to owners of more modern models, because it allows you to choose the frame rate at first shoot slow motion video. Slo-Mo Mod is a completely free program, however, before installing it, the user needs to download the Burst Mode component to the iPhone with jailbreak. This useful component may be needed in the future to support other tweaks.
How to Change Slow Motion Video Quality on iPhone?
You can change the quality of slow-motion video shooting only on iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, SE, 7. Happy owners of these devices are able to choose between Full HD with FPS 120 and HD with FPS 240. The required quality of shooting should be set as follows:
In the “Settings” go to the subsection “Photos and Camera”.
Scroll down to the Camera block. In this block, you will find a subsection “Record Slo-mo”. that’s what you need.
From the 2 options in the subsection, select the appropriate.
A minute of Full HD video with FPS 120 weighs 350 MB, a minute of HD video with FPS 240. 300 MB. The weight of such videos is very large, so you should not shoot Slo-Mo videos longer than 1 minute.
You also need to set the quality of slow motion video before shooting.
How to speed up slow motion video?
Once uploaded to Instagram, the slow-motion video can be turned into “normal” video, with normal playback speed. To do this, you also do not need to download and install third-party programs. hardware is enough.
Here’s how to speed up slow motion
Open the video shot in Slo-mo and click the “Edit” button located in the bottom panel.
You will see a scroll bar next to the play bar.
By moving the sliders, you can determine the area of the video that will appear in slow motion. If you bring the 2 sliders together, the video will have a standard playback speed.
On modern iPhones (5S and up), the Slow Motion effect can be configured using hardware capabilities. To make a slow motion video on an “old” iPhone, you have to download and install mobile applications from the AppStore. The best option is the SloPro program; it has a free version, is very easy to use and does not have any fantastic software requirements. Jailbroken iPhone owners should prefer the Honor Slo-Mo Mod tweak for deeper customization of the Slow Motion effect.
The best way to slow down the video is to process the material using a computer. Nowadays there is a lot of special software, so processing the video will not be difficult. The advantages are:
- A large number of special programs supplied in different price categories.
- Huge range of possibilities for “collecting” a single collage of material.
- The ability to share recordings with friends directly through the program.
- Fast processing speed.
- The ability to automatically save material.
Why video slowdown is necessary?
Slow motion is necessary for those users who prefer to enjoy videos filmed with the help of available tools. This feature allows them to focus on a specific shot, moment or scene. This effect is often used in Hollywood cinema to add a thrill to the viewer.
Also, the use of such functionality helps viewers to see those moments that simply disappear from attention at normal recording speed. Thanks to the above methods, even an inexperienced operator will understand how to slow down a video.
There are many ways to focus attention on a certain segment of the video. The camera can be “driven” to a certain object or a play of shadows. However, when the slow motion effect is required, the usual frame play is not enough.
Due to the fact that at the moment software is actively developing, which allows you to create material using computer technology, working with video effects becomes much easier. Here are some of the best tips for slowing down cutscenes.
Via mobile app
Progress does not stand still, but amateur videos are filmed directly on a mobile phone, so companies are releasing a large number of programs capable of processing material on this device. This allows you to modify recordings taken with the camera much faster.
The following are the methods that can be performed on smartphones of the Android and Ioc system.
Before you slow down the video through the “iPhone”, you should understand that an ordinary “apple” device shoots at a classic frame rate of 15 FPS. However, in more serious and new models, this speed was exceeded by more than 16 times. Since the new generation of iPhones has a serious camera that allows you to take high-quality pictures, there is an excellent opportunity to effectively process videos. At the same time, users no longer experience difficulties with the loss of picture clarity.
Of course, users do not use this functionality very often, but the company has taken care of this feature so that they do not have to use additional software. But it should be borne in mind that videos with such a frequency weigh a lot, so making a big movie will be very problematic.
To activate this effect, you should use the following step-by-step instructions:
- You need to launch the installed “Cameras” application and select the “Video” section.
- Among the effects, find Slo-Mo with the function of slow-motion video recording.
- After that, you need to select a specific scene that you plan to shoot, and press the shooting button.
Further, the video is easy enough to upload to any of the social networks, as well as save it on your phone.
How to slow down via YouTube?
An equally popular way of processing videos has become a video slowdown application on YouTube. It is available in the “Video Manager”, which serves to process the downloaded content. The footage can be slowed down to almost 4 times the overall speed of the movie.
Also, users were able to rotate the video, mirror it or change the color rendition of the image. The new changes include the function of adding music, effects and interesting transitions.
Using a streaming platform will allow you not only to enjoy the videos of your favorite bloggers, but also to create high-quality material yourself that will help you find your viewer. In this case, you should process each captured frame.
Slow Motion Video FX is an application for smartphones that allows you to process videos at any convenient time. Of the main functions, we can highlight the ability to both slow down the video and increase the speed of its playback. This software is the most popular of the proposed ones, as it has a large number of advantages:
- The program has a simple interface that anyone can handle.
- There is a function of processing both the filmed video in the application and taken from the mobile gallery.
- The file manager will help you easily find the necessary material.
- It is possible to save the video in any of the available formats.
- Sound processing also occurs during speed change.
- The program is provided in Russian.
- You can adjust the playback speed of the clip.
This video slowdown application is the most convenient speed processing tool. With its help, you can easily set a certain speed of playback of the material. But to apply special effects, you need to use special software, which must be downloaded to your computer.
How to slow down step by step instructions, tips and tricks
How to slow down a video? This helps to create a quality video. But a novice video blogger needs to learn the skills of editing material. This will significantly improve the viewer’s perception of the presented video, as well as gain a large number of long-awaited views. In this article, we will consider how to properly slow down a video in any way possible.
How to change the quality of a slow motion video?
You can improve or, conversely, reduce the quality of the slow-motion video on iPhone devices from model 6S and above.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Settings” of the phone and select the category “Photos and Camera”;
- At the very bottom, find the “Camera” item and select the “Record Slo-Mo” section here;
- Choose the most suitable from the provided quality options.
Note! One minute of video captured in Full HD at 120 FPS takes 350 MB in the device’s memory. This is a lot, and you should not overuse long clips shot in Slow Motion mode, otherwise your phone will quickly run out of memory.
Do not forget that the video quality is set immediately before shooting in the camera settings.
How to increase the speed of slow motion video?
If you suddenly need to return the video to its normal speed, then you can do this using the iPhone hardware.
To speed up your finished slow-motion video, follow these steps:
- Start the video, shot using the Slow Motion mode, and at the bottom find the “Change” button. click on it;
- A scroll bar should appear next to the video playback bar;
- Bring both sliders together to return to standard recording speed.
How to make a video in slow motion on an iPhone?
All iPhones starting with version 5S have built-in Slow Motion, which allows you to shoot videos in slow motion. Thus, to slow down the video, there is no need to download applications from the AppStore, but just make a few settings in the device camera itself.
From a technical point of view, the Slow Motion effect is obtained due to the increase in the number of frames per second when shooting video. When the shooting is finished, the video frame rate is brought to the standard value, due to which the effect of slow-motion is obtained. By default, iPhones shoot video at 15 FPS, and devices from version 6 and higher have the ability to shoot in HD format with 240 FPS. After simple calculations, we find that you can achieve a high-quality slowdown of the video as much as 16 times.!
But such a big slowdown is rarely resorted to, because such a file will occupy a lot of memory in the device’s memory, and its practical significance is not so high. Usually, to achieve the optimal effect, it is enough to slow down the video 2 times.
Follow these steps to activate Slow Motion shooting on iPhone:
- Open the “Camera” application on your phone and go to the “Video” tab;
- Find Slo-Mo in the list of modes;
- Press the red REC button.
After the end of the video recording, it will be saved in the device’s memory, and you can view it or post it to social networks at any time, transfer it to your friends.
Note! To slow down the video, you need to press the “Slo-Mo” button exactly before the start of shooting. If you do this after its completion, you will have to slow down the video using third-party programs.
How to slow down or speed up videos on iPhone?
Not every user knows all the functions and capabilities of their iPhone. So, in this device, you can modify videos, for example, change the speed up or down.
There are also third-party programs that allow you to perform this operation. To figure out how to speed up video on iPhone or slow it down, you need to familiarize yourself with the services with which you can do this.
The best programs to speed up or slow down videos
As the experience of other users shows, it is better to speed up videos in third-party applications, since it is quite easy to find them. Each program presented in this section is available for download in the AppStore.
First of all, it is worth mentioning the IMovie application, which is almost the most popular among video programs.
In addition to the acceleration function, IMovie has such features as removing unnecessary frames, shifting the picture, adding text and special effects, creating a retro style, etc. By the way, since 2013 this program has been included in the basic configuration in iOS devices.
Another decent program for speeding up or slowing down videos is 8mm Vintage Camera. It is very convenient to create videos with a retro picture here, the interface is convenient and understandable even for an inexperienced user.
Options such as adding special effects, changing shades and sound, as well as completely canceling colors (like in an old silent movie) allow you to create a real masterpiece on your phone from a regular video.
And finally, you cannot pass by the Replay program, which opens up many possibilities for editing video on the iPhone, including speeding up or slowing down the video.
over, regarding acceleration and deceleration, there are several modes that allow you to make the most accurate adjustment of the video playback speed. And, of course, as in any good editor, there is a wide range of functions for processing special effects, adding text, processing sound, overlaying frames and removing them, changing colors and others.
Also, after processing the video, you can immediately upload it to any social network or hosting without leaving the application. It is very easy to change the speed and do other operations here. the interface is convenient and will be understandable to every user.
We looked at the main options for slowing down and speeding up video through hardware and third-party applications, which you can download online from the AppStore. If you have an old iPhone model, for example, version 4, then these programs may not work. In this case, use the alternative SloPro application, which does not require high performance from the phone and is freely available.
Programs for shooting “Slow-Mo
One of the most popular programs for editing short clips is Coub. It is a social network that allows you to post and share your videos with your friends. The main functionality is small clips looped under the musical row. You can also publish videos in other “social networks”.
The Instagram platform has released its own solution for slow motion “cinema”. Hyperlapse from Instagram. Made on the principle of “nothing more”. The program shoots slow-motion video, and also processes it with a digital stabilization algorithm to improve the quality. Maximum deceleration. X12.
There is also a solution from Apple. Apple Clips. This program was first introduced on iOS version 10. Allows you to add background, music, graphics or effects to your “movie”. Helps speed up or slow down videos.
Each user independently chooses with which program to shoot his short videos. And also use a standard camera or one of several third-party programs. One thing is for sure: such a video posted on Instagram or other social networks will be appreciated by friends.
Consider a free application that allows you to speed up or slow down videos on your tablet and smartphone. We are talking about products from the American Apple brand. In addition to the main tasks that are indicated above, there is also the ability to overlay audio. But there are no other options. The edited post will be saved in the gallery, and then it will be distributed to social networks and various sites.
It would be appropriate to parse the algorithm for using the application:
- you first need to select a video that was recorded on the iPhone;
- after that, you should go to the page for changing the speed, where the video will be automatically transferred. But teach that you don’t have to speed up and slow down the entire movie. You can even work with one part;
- in order to increase the speed, it is worth moving the controller to the right side, but if you move it to the left, it will decrease;
- adding music can be done after clicking the corresponding icon. Pressing it is in the area of the right corner at the top. This will save the video and use it for specific purposes.
Which iPhone can shoot slow-motion video
All current models of iPhones, starting with the iPhone 5s, are able to shoot Slo-Mo video, the only difference is in the supported resolution and frame rate:
- iPhone 5s shoots at 720p at 120 frames per second;
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. 720p @ 240fps
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus. 1080p @ 120fps or 720p @ 240fps
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X. 1080p @ 240fps.
Video recording in 1080p resolution at 240 frames per second is possible only with the support of the H.265 codec and the presence of the Apple A11 Bionic microprocessor.
Setting up time-lapse video
Let’s figure out what lies at the heart of the technology of this type of shooting on Apple smartphones. The main indicator is FPS (frames per second, or in Russian: “the number of frames per second”). For effective “braking” it is necessary to shoot a video at a higher frame rate per second, and then forcibly set a lower frequency in the video playback mode. The base FPS for all new iPhone models is 15 frames / second, but technically the camera module is capable of shooting up to 240 FPS. This means that fast video slows down 16 times without any loss of quality.
However, you should not resort to shooting at a large number of frames per second due to the huge weight of such videos. The optimal slowdown is 2-3 times, respectively, 30-45 FPS.
In theory, this seems like a rather complicated process, but in practice, activating functions is very simple:
- From the main screen of the smartphone, launch the “Camera” application by clicking on the corresponding icon. Select shooting inside the application.
- At the bottom, near the Home button, there is a list of modes, you need to look through them until the desired Slowdown pops up. Make sure that it is active: both the dot and the inscription are lit in yellow:
- It remains to press the red button, the device will start shooting a slow-motion video.
It should be noted that you need to activate Slo-Mo recordings strictly before the start of shooting, otherwise you cannot do without special processing programs later.
The finished video can be viewed later using the standard Gallery application or uploaded to a social network, for example, Instagram.
Conclusion. Slow Motion Video on iPhone
I am sure that you have found the answer to the question “How to slow down a video on iPhone” on this page. If you have any questions or want to share your advice, write in the comments below.
The user can use adding a time shift effect to a previously uploaded video or the video that is in the process of recording. You can change the speed of video recording, both speed up the stream, and slow it down.
It is equally important to note that adding blur effects is brutal when using multitouch. The video will look like a thumbnail that is constantly in motion.
It is possible to adjust the saturation, brightness and contrast of the frame. You can also vignette to achieve the desired results.
And we also note that the quality of the final recording in any format, even in Full HD, can be exported if necessary. Agree that the set of options is really very useful and advanced.
How to film and view Slo-mo
To shoot slow-motion video in the Camera application, just go to the section of the same name, but to select the quality and number of frames, you need to look into the system settings.
Go to Settings. Camera. Slow motion. video and set the appropriate quality and number of frames per second.
On the latest iPhone models, an additional switch has appeared along the path Settings. Camera. Format. Here you can choose between best compression and maximum compatibility between saving recorded videos.
After selecting High Efficiency, you will be able to shoot videos in 1080p resolution at 240 frames per second.
After shooting in the Photos application, you can edit the finished video. By simply dragging the marker, we change the area of ease. In the future, the video can be transferred to other smartphones or computers, the slowdown effect will not go anywhere.
A video in maximum Full HD resolution can be viewed on any modern smartphone, even the good old iPhone 4s will do. For computers, you need a device with a 6th generation Intel Core processor or any discrete graphics adapter.
There is another useful option under Preferences. Photos. Transfer to Mac or PC. When you select Auto setup and transfer the video to another device, it will be converted to the most compatible format.
The video will be re-compressed using the H.264 codec, this will take some time, the finished video will take up more space, but the file will have maximum compatibility and play on any device.
Thanks to re: Store for the helpful information.
(4.33 out of 5, rated: 3)
How to Slow Down Videos on iPhone Easily
Slow motion video, or SlowMo. one of the favorite features of many IPhone 5-10 users, because it will make a regular video more fun. Let’s see how to shoot slow motion video on iPhone.
- Open the camera and switch to “video”.
- Scroll the mode selector and find the Slow-mo function, or in other words “Slow”.
- Click on the red button and start recording.
- Enjoy videos, social media or crop.
How to trim a video
We’ve figured out how to slow down a video on an iPhone. But what to do if it turned out to be too long or you accidentally removed something extra?
- Open the Photos app.
- Select the video you want to change and click on the “Edit” button.
- Move the sliders on either side of the video timeline, change the start and end times of Slow-mo.
How to slow down videos on iPhone using special programs
This question is of interest to many users of “apple” products. Let’s find out how to shoot video, slow motion video on iPhone with other apps. They differ slightly in functionality, but the result may please you even more.
Efectum program. one of the most common. You can use not only the functions of slowing down and speeding up the video, but also various special effects and filters. The interface is pretty self-explanatory. Let’s see how to slow down video on iPhone using this app.
- Go to the application and select the Slow section.
- Select the video you want to slow down.
- Use the slider to adjust the speed you want.
- On the timeline, you can trim the video using vertical sticks around the edges.
- After you have finished editing, click “Next”. The program offers to choose the quality, on which the time of preparation of the material also depends. If it is not very important for you, it is better to choose “medium”, this will load faster.
- The next step Efectum suggests adding music, filters, frames and effects, which you can use to create a more engaging video. If this is useless for your Slow-mo, you can immediately click on “Done”.
- Next, the video will begin to be processed.
- Choose “Save to gallery” or post to social networks.
There are many other apps with similar features, but this. one of the most efficient, comfortable and easy to use.
How to slow down a specific part of a video
After you’ve captured a video on iPhone, you can select a specific section that you want to slow down, and leave the rest at normal speed.
- Find a captured video.
- Click on “Change”.
- With the help of vertical lines on the timeline, you can mark the beginning and end of the fragment that needs to be slowed down.
When to use a slow motion video app
Of course, this option is longer than just shooting a slow-motion video right away, but the result will most likely please you more. The choice of any of these options directly depends on your goal. If you want to post Slow-mo on social networks such as TikTok or Likee, then it is better to use as many filters and effects as possible. And if you are making an aesthetic video for Instagram. it’s better to just add music or use soft, not too shiny filters.
So, we figured out how to slow down a video on an iPhone fairly quickly and easily. Go for it and you will succeed!
How to Speed UP / Slow Down a Video on iPhone (easy)
A universal video accelerator app for iPhone that’s optimized for all Retina displays. Provided after payment, cost 4. Features:
- adding a time shift effect to the recorded or previously downloaded video;
- change the speed of videos: slow down and speed up;
- adding a blur effect by using multitouch gestures. the video will look like a moving thumbnail;
- adjustment of saturation, contrast, brightness, and vignetting for best results;
- export of the final recording in any quality, up to Full HD
Pinnacle studio pro
Professional program for slowing down videos, which is available for download only after payment (about 15). The speed change function is one of the many tools presented in the interface. The application is suitable for both ordinary users and journalists, novice filmmakers. Pinnacle Studio Pro lets you create a full-length movie directly on your mobile device!
The application works with any type of files: photo, video, audio. In this case, the content can be located in the device’s memory or placed in the cloud storage. Navigating through the project is intuitive and hassle-free. The displayed timeline will enable accurate video editing and smooth transitions.
Also added are acceleration or deceleration effects, titles, layered animation. Each instrument has fine tuning.
Free application with the ability to speed up or slow down video on your smartphone or tablet from Apple. Besides the two main tasks, there is the possibility of audio dubbing. Other functions are not provided. The edited post is saved in the gallery or shared on social networks and various sites.
- Select a previously recorded video.
- On the page for changing the speed, all videos are automatically marked, however, at the request of the user, you can speed up or slow down only a part of it.
- To increase the speed, you need to move the controller to the right, to decrease it. to the left.
- Adding music is performed after clicking on the corresponding icon.
- Click on the icon in the upper right corner to save the video.
Splice. Video Editor Maker
A simple yet powerful application for creating and completely modifying videos for a professional look. The developers tried to transfer the capabilities of a computer program to a mobile device and they succeeded. With just one click, you can select the desired effect:
- cropping footage;
- change in orientation;
- speeding up or slowing down the video;
- applying filters with adding a background;
- synchronization of video with music.
The application contains a collection of music and sound effects for overlaying on video. Also, songs are added from iTunes, voice is recorded through a microphone.
Perfect Video Editor, Collage
Multifunctional video editor with an intuitive interface. Provides a one-stop solution for processing footage: cropping, gluing, rotating, adding subtitles and watermarking, creating presentations with photos, overlaying compositions and recording voice comments.
- Slow down or accelerate video within 0.25x-6x.
- Change the aspect ratio: 16 to 9, 4 to 3, etc.
- Ability to add background in wine color splash or specific picture.
- Extract single frames from video to create photos.
- Reverse playback.
- Increasing the volume above normal. up to 500%.
- Compress video to save disk space and more.
How to Speed Up Slow Down Videos on iPhone. Useful Apps
Changing the speed of the video gives an interesting effect and allows you to emphasize certain captured moments. The camera of any modern smartphone has a function that increases the number of frames per second. Special applications are used when it is necessary to process previously recorded footage. This article will look at ways to speed up or slow down a video on iPhone.
Miniatures: Tilt-Shift Time-Lapse Videos
A free application that not only creates a time-shifting effect, but also makes the video appear like a thumbnail. The functionality allows you to select the boundaries of editing, increase the saturation.
In the PRO version, the limitation on the resolution is removed, the noise reduction filter and the vignetting effect become available.
The application is specially designed for processing videos with dynamic events. Allows you to record with the imposition of slow-motion or acceleration effects, as well as edit previously captured files. With the release of version 2.0, numerous improvements and new features have been added.
Main functions of the slowdown app
- editing of individual sections of the recording;
- instant display of the obtained result;
- applying effects directly during recording;
- fast transition from deceleration to acceleration to add comic;
- super slowdown up to 500 and 1000 FPS due to optical flow simulation;
- hardware acceleration increases performance up to 8x;
- suitable for smartphones and tablets.