How to distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi?
The first step is to make a wireless access point from the tablet. Then it will be possible to connect other devices to it, which at the same time will be able to access the Internet. How to do it? Let’s break it down point by point:
- You will need the tablet itself, equipped with a SIM card. In addition, the device must contain a configured connection to the mobile Internet (3g, 4g) through any telecom operator (MTS, Beeline, Yota, Megafon, etc.). If the tablet is simply connected to another Wi-Fi point, then make of the gadget the access point will be quite difficult.
- Then you need to go to the settings. In the “Wireless networks” section, click on the “” button. On most Android versions, it is located just below the “Wi-Fi”, “Bluetooth”, “Traffic Control” items. In other interfaces, you will not find the button. Instead. “Additional settings”.
- As soon as you click on “” (or “Additional settings”) a special menu will open. Next, you need to select “Modem Mode”.
- Tap Access Point. Another window will open, where at the very top you can activate the Wi-Fi modem. To do this, slide the switch to the right. Most likely, the tablet will “think” for a few seconds. Then he may ask you to turn off Wi-Fi. Some models of such devices cannot simultaneously distribute the Internet and be connected to the World Wide Web through a wireless connection.
- Now you need to go to the “Access Point Settings”. Here you can change the name of the network to make it easier to find it from a computer, smartphone or other device that has a Wi-Fi module. Next, it is advisable to set a password. You will enter it when you connect to a tablet, which has now, in fact, become a wireless router. You don’t have to set a password. It is enough to select “no” in the “Security” window. However, if you plan to use your tablet computer as a modem for a long time, then you should protect yourself from neighbors who can use the free Internet and connect to an access point without any problems. Just remember that the security key must be about 8 characters or more. Also in this section you can limit the number of users who can connect to the network. Once you have configured all the fields, click the “Save” button.
- Now you can easily connect to the tablet, which began to function as a wireless Internet access point. It is enough to run Wi-Fi on a smartphone, laptop or personal computer. In the list, you will see the new network with the set name. Click on it, click “Connect” and enter the password (unless, of course, you put a security key).
- If you did everything correctly, then, most likely, when connecting, a window will appear where you will need to select a network location. There will be three items. a home network, an enterprise network, and a public network. Choose any.
- Go to the browser and check the connection to the world wide web.
- All now, through the tablet, you have configured wireless Internet access for another device.
By the way, on some models of tablet devices (Asus, Lenovo, Samsung, etc.) the access point auto-off function is activated from the factory after some time. For example, if the wireless network is not used for 5-10 minutes, then the tablet stops working in modem mode. As a result, you have to re-configure the device and connect to the new network. Therefore, in the “WLAN hotspot” section, find the item “Auto power off”. Then turn the switch to the always on position.
How to distribute the Internet from a tablet
Each tablet owner thought about how to turn the device into a kind of modem, distributing the Internet from it to other devices. a smartphone, laptop, PC, etc. Let’s just say. it’s quite real. over, such a procedure will not seem complicated to a skilled user. However, it will be useful for everyone to learn a few nuances. Therefore, we will tell you in as much detail as possible about how to distribute the Internet from a tablet.
Other ways to share the Internet through a tablet
There are other ways to provide the distribution of the Internet from a tablet to a phone, PC or laptop. Not only by creating a Wi-Fi hotspot, but also by means of a USB cable. What needs to be done for this?
- We connect the tablet to the Internet. Can be over 3g or 4g, as well as over Wi-Fi.
- Then you will need to connect the tablet to your computer or laptop via a USB cable.
- The next step is to go to “Settings”. Then. “Wireless networks”. “”. “Modem mode”. In fact, the same path as when setting up the distribution of the Internet via Wi-Fi. Only now, instead of the top line “Access point”, we are interested in the line “USB modem”. Here you need to check the box or activate the switch.
- Now a new connection will appear on the computer or laptop. To make it active, open the network connections window. Then right-click on the corresponding icon. Then select the “Enable” item in the menu that appears.
- If you have a modern OS, the system will install all the necessary drivers on its own. Otherwise, you will have to go to the website of the tablet manufacturer and download the necessary software there.
- You have now activated the device as a USB tethering. Through the appropriate cable, the tablet can distribute the Internet.
The connection speed with this connection method is lower than with Wi-Fi distribution. At the same time, much depends on the quality of the cable. Therefore, we recommend using a good cord. Desirable, the one that came with the tablet.
Go ahead. It is possible to connect the tablet as a Bluetooth modem. To do this, you need to do most of the points that we talked about above (via Wi-Fi and USB). Also go to the address “Settings”. “”. “Modem mode”. Only this time you need to check the box next to “Bluetooth modem”.
Next, you need to ensure the pairing of the two devices. In addition, the detection function must be enabled both on the tablet and on the receiving Internet device. We are waiting for the “Bluetooth pairing request” window to appear. It must be confirmed both on a smartphone / PC / laptop and on the source of the Internet connection (tablet).
Galaxy TAB A: How to Connect to Wifi Internet Network
After all of the above, we recommend running (most likely, you will have to download it in advance) the BlueVPN program. This utility helps to create faster and more reliable Internet transmission via bluetooth. If for some reason there is no connection, then in the “Devices and Printers” section, right-click on the tablet icon, and then confirm the “Connect via” item. “Access Point”.
That being said, remember that Bluetooth has decent transmission speed limits. You shouldn’t expect a comfortable web surfing. Not to mention watching movies online. At most, this speed will be enough to perform “common” tasks. checking mail, communicating in instant messengers, etc.
Is it possible to share Wi-Fi from a tablet?
Setting up a tablet, smartphone with Android in 3G router mode.
So, to share Wi-Fi from Android, you need to go to the “Settings” of your device. To put the device in the Wi-Fi sharing mode, you need to activate (check the box) the “Wi-Fi hotspot” function and go to its configuration.
How to distribute the Internet from Lenovo tablet to phone?
Setting up and using a mobile hotspot
- Tap Settings (System Preferences) System (All Settings) Wireless & networks Personal Hotspot.
- Tap Access Point Settings to set the SSID, security and password for the network.
- To use the hotspot, select the same network SSID on another mobile device or PC and enter the password.
How to share the Internet from a Samsung tablet?
How to set up your Samsung Galaxy to act as a Wi-Fi router
- Make sure mobile internet is working on your smartphone or tablet.
- On your mobile device, open Settings.
- Select the Connections item / tab.
- Select Tethering & Mobile Hotspot, Other networks, or
How to enable Internet Sharing on Samsung phone?
In the settings, open the “Connections” section. Next, open the “Access Point and Modem” section. We turn on the distribution of Wi-Fi with the switch opposite the item “Mobile hotspot”. The status “Enabled” should appear.
How to enable tethering on Samsung?
- 1 Set up mobile internet and enable mobile data on your Samsung Galaxy.
- 2 Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
- 3 On your mobile device, open the “Settings”.
- 4 Select the “Connections” item / tab.
- 5 Select “Modem and Mobile Hotspot” / “Other networks” / “”.
How to share internet from tablet?
- Open the Settings of your smartphone or tablet.
- Select the Wireless & networks category and open
- Open the Hotspot item and activate the Wi-Fi hotspot.
- In the parameters of the access point, specify the name of the future network and the password for it.
What is a modem?
Modem. it is a term for connecting your mobile device to a computer so that your computer can connect to the network via your phone’s mobile data connection.It works via USB, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
In the days before the iPhone, this meant using a regular phone to call a number that gave you access to the Internet anywhere. Some cell phones can share their Internet connection, which allows you to access the Internet through the APN of the device’s network.
Since the release of the iPhone in 2007, many cellular networks began charging additional fees for tethering plans, thankfully this fundraising practice has since been largely abandoned. modem is usually free these days, except for using your data limit.
If you have an iPhone, then go to the settings to share Wi-Fi. In the menu list, select the “Modem mode” section.
If this section is missing, additional settings must be made. It is enough to do it once.
- Open iPhone settings and click on “Cellular”.
- Click on “Data Options”.
- Next “Cellular data network”.
- Look if the fields in the “Cellular data” subsection are filled in or not. If filled, then this data must be remembered. If not, go to the next step.
- Scroll down the menu list to the subsection “Modem mode”.
- Next, you need to fill in all the empty fields. In the lines “APN”, “Username” and “Password”, transfer the data specified in the subsection “Cellular”.
If your fields are empty, then you need to fill in both subsections. The data can be obtained on the official website of your mobile operator. Alternatively, you can specify standard data that is suitable for all operators:
- APN. internet.
- Username and Password. Leave blank.
The settings are ready. Reboot your phone. In the settings, under the item “Cellular network”, the item “Modem mode” will appear. Click on it and switch the top slider to “Enabled”. In the pop-up window, select “Turn on Wi-Fi”. An automatically generated password will be indicated in the “Wi-Fi Settings” item, which you can change to your own.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive technical tips, reviews, free ebooks and exclusive offers!
Checking the data on the device screen
The screen of devices with connected Wi-Fi distribution displays the number of connected users and their IP addresses. Check the number of connections from time to time. If an unauthorized connection is detected, block this user. And in the settings, replace the password with a more complex one.
These simple rules will allow you to easily distribute your mobile traffic to other devices without fear of mobile fraudsters.
How to share the Internet from a Samsung tablet
Mobile modem? Use USB for maximum battery life
Wireless, Bluetooth and USB tethering. these are all options for connecting your laptop or tablet to the network, but which is better?
Our tests show that USB tethering is the slowest way to drain your phone‘s battery. Meanwhile, Bluetooth has the worst speeds. However, thanks to improvements in Bluetooth technology, its impact on the battery is quite acceptable.
Setting up distribution on Android
First, make sure that you have connected and configured mobile Internet. After that, you can proceed to the settings.
Please note. the names of subsections and menu items may differ depending on the phone model.
- Open the main menu.
- Find the gear-shaped Settings app and open it.
- In the upper subsection “Wireless networks” or “Network connections” click on the menu item “” or “Other networks”. If you do not have such items, then find the subsection with the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings and open the additional settings of this subsection.
- Select “Modem Mode”. You may call it “Modem and router mode”, “Modem”, “Modem and access point”, “Access point connection”.
- On some phone models, a list of connection options will open, select “Wi-Fi router”. In other models, the menu items with settings will immediately open. If you have open settings. go to the next step.
- To enable Internet transfer in the item “Mobile access point” or “Router settings”, “Wi-Fi access point”, “Wi-Fi router”, put the slider in the “Enabled” mode.
- Below click on settings. The item can be called in different ways. For example “Router Settings”.
- In the window that opens, the automatic settings are indicated, which you can change for yourself. “Network name”. usually the name of the phone model is indicated. This will be the name of your smartphone in the list of available Wi-Fi networks. If desired, the username can be changed to your own.
- If you want to restrict access, then in the line “Security type” select WPA2 PSK. Then set the password for the connection in the “Network Security Key” line. Or you can choose “No” or “Not secure”, “No password”, in this case anyone can connect to your network.
and a Samsung Galaxy Tab
The Samsung Galaxy Tab’s battery allows it to drain from the wall outlet. Wireless network. that’s what keeps things connected to the Internet for things like the Galaxy Tab. The digital cellular signal offers Internet access just about anywhere, and other types of wireless connectivity are available, including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. These features provide portability.
How to distribute the Internet from Samsung to a computer or tablet
Samsung smartphones have the function of distributing Wi-Fi to other devices. There are several ways. using a cable or a mobile hotspot. Of course, the data transfer rate is lower than with a standard connection. However, this option is used if there is a problem with the router or the Internet has not yet been established. It is not suitable for constant use: an unstable signal and the inability to download large files reduce all the advantages of the method to zero.
How to distribute the Internet from a Samsung phone via USB in tethering mode
Smartphones of this brand have a built-in function that allows you to use the phone as a USB device. But from a stationary computer in this way it will not work to distribute the Internet. for this purpose you will need a router.
Important! This option is only suitable for owners of Windows 7 and higher.
Using a smartphone in USB mode makes it possible not only to distribute mobile Internet, but also to access a Wi-Fi connection. In this case, the phone will act as an adapter. The guide on how to share Internet from Samsung phone in USB mode is as follows:
- The smartphone is connected to the computer via a cable.
- Next, you need to open the notification panel and select the connection via USB.
- Then you need to select the USB cable item.
- Then the OS will perform automatic settings to use the device as a modem.
- A new connection should appear. Ethernet. If it is not activated, you need to right-click on the name and click on “Enable”.
- If the connection remains inactive, you need to go to the phone settings.
- The required parameters are found in “Connection” in “Mobile hotspot and modem”. It must be disconnected and select the item USB-cable.
After these manipulations, the connection will become available. The advantage of this method is that the phone is simultaneously charged. If you compare the data transfer rate with the first option, it will be higher. But there are also disadvantages to such a distribution. Only one device can be connected via a Samsung smartphone.
Important! If a non-original wire is used, the connection speed may be slower. It is also necessary to install drivers for normal operation. This usually happens automatically. But to download them manually, you need to go to the website of the smartphone manufacturer and indicate the model name.
Tethering Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 to your Android phone
If the standard mobile hotspot is not suitable, the user can enter the new data on his own. To do this, you need to disable the mobile point and go to additional settings. The user should pay attention:
- list of allowed devices. only devices whose MAC address is stored in the phone will be able to establish a connection with the smartphone;
- timeout settings. the time period after which, if the device is not connected to the mobile device, Wi-Fi distribution stops.
However, be careful when changing the parameters of the standard point. Some of them are available for advanced users only. It is also worth making the connection secure, otherwise other users will be able to connect to the network. This will lead to slower work and faster traffic consumption.
How to distribute Internet from Samsung via Wi-Fi
It is most convenient to distribute the Internet in this way to a stationary computer, TV or other mobile. It should be borne in mind that the mobile operator’s Internet will be used. Therefore, it is necessary to correctly calculate the traffic and choose the appropriate tariff. Instructions on how to distribute the Internet from Samsung:
- On a Samsung smartphone, you need to go to “Settings” and select “Connection”.
- In the “Connection”, among the proposed options, you will need “Mobile point and modem”. If a message appears asking you to turn off Wi-Fi, you must agree.
- To distribute Wi-Fi, you need to create a mobile point.
- To change the standard data, click on the name of the point and make changes.
- After that, the user will be able to connect to a wireless connection from other devices using the traffic of the cellular operator.
But before distributing the Internet with Samsung, you need to consider the following nuances:
- you should make sure that the signal of the mobile connection is stable, otherwise the connection may be malfunctioning;
- if the phone does not distribute Wi-Fi, you will have to familiarize yourself with the features of the tariff. Some operators impose restrictions on the use of this feature;
- to speed up the connection of another smartphone to a wireless connection, you need to use a QR code. To do this, go to the access point settings on your Samsung phone and click on the code icon;
- when downloading updates, movies, music, mobile traffic is consumed faster.
Sharing Wi-Fi from a smartphone is not that difficult, but it is most economical to do it for another phone or tablet. The reason is to save traffic, because these devices do not download files that weigh a lot.
For reference! Samsung has an additional feature to activate a connection using a QR code, but this option is not suitable for all devices.
It should be noted that the distance between the smartphone and the connected device is important. If they are too far apart, the signal will be weak and unstable. Wi-Fi sharing also uses up battery power faster. From the pros. several devices can be connected at the same time and you do not need to use a cable.
Distribution of a Wi-Fi signal
Sharing via Bluetooth on Samsung phones
Another connection method, which is less popular than the previous two, is via Bluetooth. But this option has significant drawbacks:
- low speed of the wireless connection;
- signal instability.
This function is not available for many users. A step-by-step guide to sharing Wi-Fi over Bluetooth on a Samsung smartphone:
- All the necessary parameters are in the item “Mobile hotspot”.
- Next, you need to activate the Bluetooth modem function there.
- Then you need to connect another device. Windows 10 users may experience difficulties because regular pairing may not work.
- On a computer / laptop, right-click on the Bluetooth icon.
- In the menu that appears, select the item “Joining a personal network”.
- In the list of devices, you need to select a smartphone and right-click on it and select a connection. via an access point or direct connection.
- The smartphone will ask you to allow the connection.
- On the computer, “Network connection via Bluetooth” should appear in the list of available devices.
Attention! Due to the fact that such a wireless connection has an unstable signal, the smartphone cannot be held at a great distance.
Many users report that the network is malfunctioning and pages load slowly. So they choose to create a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot or using a USB cable.
What to do if your Samsung Galaxy smartphone does not share the Internet
Setting up a wireless connection is usually straightforward. The creators of the Android platform made the connection clear even for novice users. But sometimes it happens that all the settings are made correctly, but the connection is not active.
If a wire was used, then the reasons may be as follows:
- Corresponding drivers not installed.
- An unauthorized cable was used, resulting in unstable connection.
- The Internet traffic has run out or there is no money on the balance of the mobile phone.
- Your smartphone or computer has malfunctioned.
If you cannot activate the distribution of Wi-Fi, then the reason may be:
- the password or login was entered incorrectly;
- weak network signal;
- lack of funds on the balance sheet;
- the connected device is included in the blocked MAC addresses;
- if the connection is established and the high-speed icon is displayed on the Samsung smartphone, and the devices are working slowly, it means that neighbors have connected to the traffic.
You can solve problems with the distribution of Wi-Fi in one of the following ways:
- Reboot both devices and then try to establish wireless connection again.
- Purchase an original cable or connect via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Top up balance or change tariff.
- Check the correctness of the entered data.
- If the device is included in the blocked MAC addresses in the access point, you must disable filtering by MAC.
- If neighbors are connected to the distribution, you need to put a password for the connection. This can be done in the settings of the mobile point and modem.
Sharing via Wi-Fi or USB cable from Samsung Galaxy phones is straightforward. Bluetooth can be challenging and is rarely used. The listed options will help out in the event of a router breakdown. But this method is suitable for home use in order to economically spend mobile traffic.
How to Set Up Wi-Fi & Mobile Hotspot on Your Samsung Galaxy Tab A | AT&T Wireless
Last update. November 2, 2020 at 07:26 AM
Internet distribution methods
The Samsung Galaxy F22 feature, which allows network access to other devices, is completely free, unless limited by your network operator. You can use it in a variety of ways.
How to share internet from Samsung Galaxy F22
The Samsung Galaxy F22 smartphone has a full range of functions necessary for a comfortable use of the gadget. In particular, it supports the tethering option. It allows you to set up a network connection for those devices where it is not available (for example, if a friend’s smartphone does not have 4G, or Wi-Fi does not work on the computer). It remains only to figure out how to distribute the Internet from the phone Samsung Galaxy F22.
The most popular way that Samsung Galaxy F22 owners use the most. To distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi you will need:
- Open device settings.
- Go to the “Network and Internet” section (the item name may differ depending on the firmware version), and then. “Wi-Fi access point”.
- Activate option.
Next, it remains to activate Wi-Fi on the device that you want to connect to the access point, and select the Samsung Galaxy F22 using the list of available networks.
A great option for those who want to distribute the Internet to a computer that does not support a wireless Wi-Fi connection. In this case, traffic is transmitted via USB, for which a complete cable is used:
- In the phone settings, activate the USB tethering.
- Connect the gadget to the PC.
- Confirm the operation in the “Modem and access point” mode on the smartphone screen.
- Open the list of available networks on your computer, then activate a new connection.
Now Samsung Galaxy F22 can distribute gigabytes of mobile traffic to your computer without using a wireless Wi-Fi network. At any time, the connection can be interrupted by accessing the gadget’s settings, or by disconnecting the USB cable.
Before turning to the methods of activating the function, it is necessary to focus on some aspects, thanks to which it will be possible to avoid misunderstandings. The tethering option is available on all devices based on the current version of Android, including the Samsung Galaxy F22. The principle of its operation is that the phone begins to be used as a Wi-Fi access point, that is, it becomes a kind of router for other gadgets.
For the option to function on the Samsung Galaxy F22, 3G or 4G mobile Internet must be active, and Wi-Fi must be disabled. But even this is not enough, since mobile operators can set their own restrictions. In particular, owners of tariffs with unlimited Internet will not be able to distribute traffic. In most cases, the option works only on tariff plans with a limited gigabyte package. However, this information should be checked with your operator.
This method largely copies the previous version, but in this case, network detection is not over Wi-Fi, but over Bluetooth. However, the internet itself works wirelessly. To set up a connection, you need to follow steps 1-3 from the previous instructions, and then activate the “Bluetooth modem” slider or put a checkmark in front of it.
To connect on a device that should receive traffic, you must activate Bluetooth and connect to the Samsung Galaxy F22 through the list of available Bluetooth networks.
Through the app
If you can’t distribute traffic using built-in tools, you can try a special program like FoxFi. It is presented on Google Play and works according to a similar algorithm. To activate the access point, you just need to open the application, set a password and tick the “Activate Wi-Fi Hotspot”.
If necessary, you can use any other similar program. In any case, the owner of the Samsung Galaxy F22 will have access to the entire list of functions, including a connection via Bluetooth or USB.