Which models support digital
Most modern Sony Bravia TVs already have a built-in digital tuner that supports the broadcasting standard DVB-T2 or digital cable TV DVB-C.
But Bravia TVs released later than 2014 can only support the outdated DVB-T standard, which is practically not used in our country anymore. Therefore, you will have to purchase a digital set-top box.
You can check your model using the Internet if the product passport is lost.
- Enter the TV model and instructions in the search engine, then see the online instructions for your TV model.
- Another way is to keep TV data and go to the Yandex market, see here all the characteristics of the TV.
- And the easiest way is to go to the site Look at the number and in the Check your TV section, we are driving the brand and model of our Sony Bravia. So you can only find out about the possibility of receiving the Terrestrial digital.
Before starting work, the user must check the correct connection of all devices and cables. It is more convenient to tune channels from the remote control, since it is uncomfortable to control the menu sections with the TV buttons. That is why it is necessary to see if there are working batteries in it.
On a hard disk (external) or on a removable storage device (USB flash drive), you should write down the diagram in advance, which will be used to perform the calibration.
If the user has a new modification of the TV that has an Android OS, then the files intended for calibration are installed from Blu-Ray or DVD players.
By plugging in the Sony TV, the owner can start setting up.
To watch programs in ideal quality, the user must check the correctness of the picture parameters, in particular, its dimensions.
As a rule, when the parameters are set automatically, the image is enlarged significantly, which reduces the sharpness. To configure, enter the “installation” section, select the link “screen control”.
After that, the owner of the TV must turn off the option of “automatic display area” and “maximum expansion”.
Setting up your Sony TV
If you have just connected Sony Bravia and turn it on for the first time, then you will need to first select a language from the proposed list. Next, you must set Russia as the country and come up with a pin code. You will need it to manage programs under parental control. By entering the pin code, it will need to be confirmed by re-entering and saved in the device’s memory.
The next stage is the choice of the operating mode and location. In the first option, you should select “Home”, and in the second, indicate how the TV is located: on a tabletop or on a floor stand. Sound quality will depend on this.
If you have connected Sony Bravia for the first time, then after performing the above steps, you will automatically enter the TV auto-tuning mode. If this is not the first time, then after turning on the Sony you will need to press the “Nome” or “Menu” button on the remote control. After that, you will need to go to the “Parameters” section, select “Automatic tuning of digital channels” and confirm your decision.
When you complete all the above steps, you will be prompted to select the type of broadcast. If you want the TV to search for digital channels only, click on the “Digital TV” item. If you click “Digital and Analog TV”, then it will search for both.
After that, in the connection type tab, you will need to select “Cable”. A window will appear in front of you, in which the following settings will be indicated: “Frequency”, “Scan Type” and “Network ID”.
Initially, they have default values and can be left unchanged. You can also choose an operator from the proposed list or leave “Other”.
After everything is selected, you just have to click “Start” and wait until Sony Bravia displays all the available TV channels and radio stations.
How to tune digital channels on a Sony TV
Manual Channel Tuning
It is usually required to switch the TV to manual channel tuning mode if there are any problems with autosearch, or if another digital multiplex is broadcasting in the vicinity, and you do not want to knock down the existing settings.
Step-by-step instructions for manual configuration are described in a separate article. In general, its algorithm looks like this:
- In the TV menu, the item “Manual setting” is selected.
- The frequency from which the search will be conducted is indicated.
- TCE number is established.
- The detected channels are recorded in the TV memory.
You can find out all the necessary data in 2 minutes from the article about the frequencies of digital channels.
Sony Bravia TV setup: channels, digital TV
Many Sony Bravia TV owners have already appreciated the full benefits of digital television. In modern modifications there is a Smart TV function, thanks to which users have access to the Internet. Older models can also be integrated into the digital world using special attachments as a guide.
Anyone who does not know how to set up a Sony Bravia TV for digital television should follow the step-by-step instructions. Thanks to this tutorial, they will be able to avoid the most common mistakes, and save money on the services of third-party masters.
Select the lightest part in the diagram. The contrast should be adjusted until the right area is very light. In this case, the difference between the right and left side of the screen should immediately be striking.
Features of Sony Bravia TVs
Before connecting a digital TV, perform panel setup, check if the model has a digital tuner. If the model was released after 2015 for the Russian market, this option is 100% available. For old TVs, you can use the manufacturer’s official website, where in the search bar it is enough to drive in the TV modification. If your Sony Bravia TV does not have a built-in T2 tuner:
- buy an external TV set-top box that allows you to receive and decode a digital signal;
- update your TV. The old model is not always capable of producing a high-quality signal, providing access to all functions.
With increased sharpness, the image will look unnatural, cutting your eyes. To correct the problem, use the intersecting cutter lines shown in the diagram. Decrease the sharpness value until the light outline disappears along the lines.
How to set up your Sony Bravia TV?
Modern Sony Bravia TVs, not only with Smart-TV function, can enjoy the benefits of digital TV without purchasing additional equipment. The search for available programs is carried out through the built-in receiver. Exclusively for users who have not previously encountered the equipment of a Japanese manufacturer, an instruction manual has been created to help adjust the image, sound, and other parameters.
Color palette saturation
To make the image natural, saturated, change the dynamics of the palette until all transitions are pronounced on the central gradient.
For autosearch, go to the corresponding menu item. To start your search:
- select the type of broadcast: digital;
- check if the signal source “Antenna” is installed correctly;
- click “Search for channels”.
It will take a few minutes for the tuner to scan the frequencies, after which a list of available channels will appear on the screen. If desired, you can edit it: delete unnecessary programs, change the number, select priority. After completing the search, it is recommended to restart the TV.
If channels are not found, or are not enough added, change the direction of the external antenna. If the signal source is the provider’s cable:
- open “Options”. “Channel settings”. “Digital”;
- specify the type of connection;
- enter additional parameters: company name, service provider, frequency, network ID.
- click “Search”.
You can get the data necessary for setting up channels from your service provider.
Using the setup chart, define the darkest area in the gray bar on it. Using the remote control, change the value so that the black area located on the left side of the picture becomes extremely dark. If there are visible differences between the right and left sides, the brightness setting is correct.
Calibration should be started by checking the image size parameters. The default settings visually enlarge the picture, which degrades the sharpness. As a result, moiré may appear on the contours of the resolution bands. For change:
Sony BRAVIA TV. Set Up and Quick Guide
- go to “Settings”. “Screen controls”;
- disable the item “Automatic display area;
- also uncheck “Maximum resolution.
As a result, arrows should be visible in each corner of the panel, which indicates that the panel is correctly calibrated.
Some information about IPTV
IPTV technology, or Internet Protocol Television, is the transmission of a television signal using an Internet connection. It’s important to note that IPTV is not a streaming service like Netflix, for example. This means that to receive this type of transmission, you need a special set-top box or a Wi-Fi connection.
The biggest plus of this connection is interactivity. Due to the fact that playback is recorded, almost all broadcasts can be paused, rewound and re-started. By connecting IPTV, you no longer need to adjust to the channel’s schedule, you yourself control what you want to watch.
Depending on the service provider, the service part makes it possible to group channels by playlists to make navigation more convenient and take less time. You can also connect additional packages of TV channels, usually they are sorted by subject.
How to connect to WI-FI
Thanks to Smart technology, Sony Bravia TV can be connected to a wireless network. This is done as follows:
- Press the “Home” button on the remote control.
- In the menu that appears, select the “Settings” item. “System settings”.
- Use the down arrow button on the remote control to scroll to Network. Then press the “OK” button.
- Next, select the “Network Settings” option and press the “OK” key again.
- Select the settings item “Configure network connection”.
- When prompted how you would like to set up your network, select “Specialist”.
- After that, click on “Wireless Setup”, then select “Wi-Fi Network” to check for available wireless networks.
- After a short pause, all available wireless networks (SSIDs) will be displayed. Select yours from the list and click “OK”.
- Enter your password in the access field.
- When the TV is successfully connected to the Internet, select “Exit network settings”.
Your Sony Bravia TV should now be connected to the Internet wirelessly. Select Applications to test your connection. “Internet browser” and find something in the search engine.
How to install Vintera TV
If for any reason the previous option does not suit you, then you should install Vintera TV. The functionality is almost identical, so you can consider this option.
- Either in PlayMarket or Opera TV, in the search engine write “Vintera TV”.
- Click the “Install” button.
- Once the application is installed, go to it and apply the necessary parameters.
How to connect Sony Bravia TV to IPTV, setup and problem solving
Classic television, as a rule, is accident-free, and this is its disadvantage. To access a large number of channels, you need to be connected to cable or satellite TV. For some reason, not everyone has the ability or desire to install a satellite dish or run a cable into the house. Service providers know this and have come up with the perfect solution. IPTV. Next, let’s talk about installing IPTV for Sony Bravia TVs.
Installing SS IPTV
So, after turning on the Internet connection, you can start setting up your IPTV. To do this, you need:
- In the settings menu, go to the “All applications” section.
- Launch the “Opera TV” application.
- In the program settings, enable the “Developer section”.
- Find and select the “Generate ID” option. Once the key is generated, write down or remember it.
- Next, you need to go and register on the publish.cloud.vewd.com website, specifying your email there.
- You will receive a letter with a link to this mail, you need to go to it.
- A window will open where you need to enter the TV model and ID-key.
- As soon as the data is entered, the TV will start syncing.
- After the end of pairing, go to the “Developer” section.
- There, select the “URL Loader” item, then enter app-ss.IPTV.com into the line.
- Finally, you need to agree to the user agreement, specify the country and provider.
The SS IPTV installation is completed, now the TV can be viewed through the program, you do not need to purchase a set-top box.
How to set up IPTV on a Sony Bravia TV
Before you start setting up your IPTV, you need to turn on the Wi-Fi connection. Without an Internet connection, digital TV from the network will not work.
Possible problems and solutions
The most common problem that appears after setting up IPTV is “Error 2200”.
- Press “Home” on the remote and go to the “System settings”.
- Then go to “Settings”. “Network configuration”. “Refresh Internet Content”.
- If a window appears with the message “Please wait and try again later”, then return to the menu and repeat the sequence of actions.
How to install APK file on TV?
- Access to Android TV settings.
- Access to Android TV security settings.
- Click on the section Unknown sources
- Grant permissions to your web browser to install applications
- Access to the Android TV file manager.
- Access your USB drive and click on the APK you want to install
How to watch channels over the Internet on a Sony Bravia TV?
How to connect the TV to the network using a wireless connection
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Network in the Network & Accessories category.
- Select Network Setting.
- Select Simple.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Select connection method.
How to set up Smart TV on Sony Bravia TV?
Setting up the Internet on a Sony Bravia TV comes down to the following steps: Take the remote control and enter the main menu. Go to the “Settings” section, then to “Network”. “Network settings”. “Connection settings”. A window will appear in front of you, select the “Simple” item in it.
How to install apps on Sony TV?
Installing Applications on Sony SmartTVs with Android-TV OS
- on the remote control you need to press the Home button;
- in the menu that opens, select the “Settings” section;
- then you will need to open the “Network” menu;
- then you need to select the item “Update Internet content” and run the update program.
How to install Google Chrome on Sony Bravia TV?
- Go to play.google.com;
- Search for Chrome;
- Click “Install” on the app page and select your Android TV device.
Setting up your Sony Bravia TV
The modern Sony Bravia series TVs allow you to fully enjoy the benefits of progress. They have easy access to the Internet, a wide range of technologies, productive hardware, etc. Thanks to the use of the universal operating system (OS) Android, set-top boxes and TVs support the installation of additional applications, have extensive opportunities for flexible personalization, and much more. Sony Bravia TV set-up is in the spotlight today.
How to set up digital TV on a Sony TV?
We have already touched on the topic of how to tune channels on a Sony TV. but did not delve into the specifics of the choice of parameters. Now we will indicate those parameters that can be useful when searching for TV channels. If you have selected the “Air” mode, scanning will start automatically. In the “Cable” option, you need to make additional settings.
- Operator selection. In this line it is better to set the option “Others”.
- Fast or full scan. The first option is preferable for those who know the network frequency of their own provider. In other cases, it is better to run a full search for all networks.
- After completing the search, some of the TV channels may be of poor quality. If all settings are correct, and the signal is still weak, it is better to filter out unnecessary channels. We can add them to the end of the list during sorting or simply delete them, it is unlikely that there will be a desire to watch channels with strong noise.
Tips for setting up your TV before use
If we are tuning channels on a Sony Bravia TV for the first time, you should follow a few simple procedures in advance that will greatly simplify your life in the future.
- At the first start, we select the language. If it was not installed during the initial setup, we can do it in the “Settings” menu on the “Language” page.
- We set the location. In order for the TV to process the signal correctly, display TV programs, and display the correct time, we recommend setting real geolocation. In some cases, you need to switch to another region, for example, in some devices, the high-frequency range of Wi-Fi in Russia is not available, but after switching to America everything works fine.
- We set a password. We can do this in the settings. This setting of the Sony Bravia Smart TV will allow you to block channels with content not intended for children.
- We check the correct connection of the antenna, HDMI cable, power supply and other cables.
- We insert the batteries into the remote control. Navigation will be easier and faster with it.
There are many more parameters that are useful to adjust on Sony Bravia Smart TVs, such as brightness, contrast, sharpness, calibration, sound, but they are all done in a similar way. Part is located in the TV settings, the other can be adjusted directly on the remote control.
How to get online on a Sony TV?
Before you can use all the advantages of the Internet, you need to configure access to it. In the case of a cable network, everything is quite simple, just connect the wire to the corresponding port on the TV, and the network will become available (if you do not need to enter a password). The wireless connection is a little more difficult to set up.
- Click on the Home key on the remote.
- Open “Settings”, and then. the “Network” tab.
- Click on the “Network Settings” option.
- Go to the “Wireless configuration” section. Here we can also “Configure a network connection” if you need additional parameters for working with a cable network.
- Select the “Easy”, “Automatic” mode or press the WPS key.
- Follow the wizard’s prompts to connect.
If you need to specify auxiliary network settings, then in the fifth step, select the “Expert” or “User” mode.
Tuning channels on Smart TV Sony Bravia
At the initial stage of using TV, it is not easy to figure out how to set up digital TV on a Sony TV. The reader does not have to do everything by trial and error, since we have made detailed instructions.
How to set up digital TV on a Sony TV:
- Open the main menu and click on the item “Installation”.
- Go to the internal catalog “Digital Configuration”.
- Select and click on the link “Digital setting”.
- We activate the action under the option “Autosearch numbers. stations “and confirm the manipulation.
- We set the mode “Ether” or “Cable” and indicate other basic parameters.
- Click on the “Quick Scan” mode.
IPTV on Sony Bravia TV
There are many options for setting up IPTV, but the most practical one involves programming. Opera TV (VEWD) is a worthy representative of the niche, so we will take this software as a basis.
How to set up IPTV on your Sony Bravia TV:
- Go to the “All Applications” section, look for Opera TV and launch it.
- We go to “Settings”, and then to the development section, where we press three times to the right.
- Click on the “Generate ID” button and remember the displayed code.
- We go to the website publish.cloud.vewd.com and go through the registration procedure.
- We activate the account through the letter that will come to the mail.
- Enter TV model and ID, then confirm the action.
- Go to the “Developer” section.
- Run the URL Loader, specify app-ss.IPTV.com in the line and click “Go”.
- We agree to the terms, indicate the country and provider.
A slightly easier way is to use the Vintera TV app. Its functions are similar to the previous program. You just need to open Opera TV, enter “Vintera TV”, press the “Install” button and start the program. After specifying the basic settings, everything is ready to go.
The above is a basic minimum that any Sony Bravia TV user will need. We learned how to search for digital, cable and IP TV channels, as well as connect TV to the Internet. Most of the remaining actions differ little from similar procedures on Android smartphones, so they should not cause significant problems.
Connect the antenna cable to the appropriate connector. Select the signal source “Antenna”. Disable additional devices. TV is now ready to search for TV channels.
How to connect a TV to a router? This option is available only to owners of TVs with support for Smart TV. Synchronization is carried out via a Wi-Fi router or by connecting a cable to the LAN connector.
Start by checking that the picture size settings are correct. The default settings enlarge the image. As a result, sharpness drops. This manifests itself in the form of moiré, which can be seen in the contours of the resolution bands.
To adjust the picture size, open “Preferences” and go to the “Screen Control” tab to disable “Auto Display Area”. Disable the Maximum Resolution function as well. Arrows are now visible in all corners. Moiré effect disappeared.
Increased sharpness is the cause of unnatural images. To avoid this, adjust the sharpness. There should be no light outline along the intersecting lines in the calibration chart. Reduce the sharpness until the outline is completely lost.
Sony BRAVIA 4K Android TV | Installation Guide
Setting up Sony Bravia TVs: step by step instructions
How to set up a Sony TV? Adjust the picture and sound settings first. Then go to find and store TV channels. Users are offered two modes. automatic and manual.
Modern TV models from a well-known Japanese brand support all digital signal standards. The search for TV channels is carried out through the built-in receiver. You don’t have to buy an additional receiver and connect it to the TV.
Especially for users who have not previously used Sony TV equipment, step-by-step instructions for setting up channels have been developed. We will also consider the features of adjusting the image, sound and other important parameters.
Sony TV set-up tips
Correctly set up the TV is within the power of each user. Just follow the advice from the professionals. It is easier to set the sound (volume, volume). Go to the corresponding tab of the main menu and select the optimal parameters.
It will take more time to adjust the image. In order for a clear and rich picture to appear on the screen, you need to adjust a lot of parameters. Now let’s look at the basic subtleties of setting up a Sony TV.
Find the lightest part of the diagram. Adjust the contrast until the right side of the screen is as bright as possible. The difference between the left and right side of the diagram should be tangible.
Calculate the darkest part of the grayscale bar in the previously downloaded chart. Adjust the brightness so that the black area (on the left) is as dark as possible. Are there any differences between the left and right sides of the screen? Brightness adjusted correctly.
Save the diagram below to calibrate the image to a USB flash drive or external hard drive. Connect the storage device to the TV via the USB connector. Open the picture for customization through the media player.
On newer models running on the Android TV platform, the calibration files are played from a DVD or Blu-ray player. Since it is impossible to change the settings through the Album application.
First, we set up the main indicators. To do this, you need to disable advanced options. Open the main menu and go to “Settings”, and then to the tab “System settings” and subsection “Eco”, here turn off the light sensor.
Return to the main menu and again go to the “Settings”, and then to the “Image” tab to deactivate the following functions: creation of reality, smooth transition, noise reduction.
For highlight, set the value to 7 or 8 points. Select Standard for Picture Mode. When these changes are made, switch to the Advanced tab to deactivate all features.
Access the settings menu only through the HOME button. If you edit the settings using the Options button, the set parameters will be applied to one signal source, and not to the TV as a whole.
What to do after reboot so that Sony Bravia works properly?
Android, surprisingly, looks great on TV. Although it is not a fact that its presence at first will not seem somehow strange. But after all the systems are configured, the work will go like clockwork. But before proceeding to further work, you need to make the initial settings. They also need to be repeated after flashing the system, therefore it is better to immediately remember the algorithm of actions.
First, it is imperative to install the language in which the person will be comfortable using the software;
Set up a Wi-Fi connection in order to actively use the Internet for further work, since after a reboot, as a rule, this data disappears, and the Internet will help to restore it;
After setting up the Internet, you must activate your Google account in order to enjoy the benefits offered by the Internet;
By the way, if the channel settings were linked to your account, you can restore them as soon as the connection with Google is set up. It is advisable to set the same passwords on different devices and use the same service. It will be much more convenient this way. The registration code for the TV should come to the phone or laptop, and as soon as you enter it, the connection will be established.
Android 6.0 update
This update is one of the newest, and is suitable for Sony TVs that were released no later than 2015 and 2016. Here is a list of models for which the update is “sharpened”:
Sony X94C, X93C, X91C, X90C, S85C, S80C, X85C, X83C, X81C, X80C, W95C, W87C, W85C, W80C, W75C;
Sony X94D (XD94), X93D (XD93), X85D (XD85), S85D (SD85), W9xxD, W8xxD.
Now users do not have to suffer with a thousand system errors that slowed down the TV, preventing them from using the Internet normally and comfortably, watching their favorite programs on TV, etc. And thanks to the update, even Smart TVs are improved, since the package includes several useful functions.
Android TV 6.0 Marshmallow, according to Google’s assessment, is the best solution for:
Improving device performance;
Improving the speed of systems on the TV.
In addition to all of the above, the Android TV 6.0 update will delight the user with a lot of interesting features that will be available after the Sony TV is updated. In particular:
Now you can work more comfortably with an external storage device using USB for this;
On devices that have installed the update in question, the new concept design pleases;
For a home where minor family members live who cannot live without a TV, the software allows you to use the “child mode”;
Also included is an excellent audio control.
All in all, the software turned out to be worthwhile. But you should use this flashing carefully, downloading it only from the official website, and carefully checking whether it fits the TV model, otherwise the system will freeze and work poorly.
Is it worth updating the software on a new device?
If the device came out a couple of years ago, there is reason to believe that more modern and practical firmware has already appeared. In this case, it is not recommended to leave it intact, as further troubles may arise. When you turn it on for the first time, you are immediately prompted to update the system. If you are not sure that you can perform such an action, then it is better to skip this step, and, if necessary, do it after you get used to it a little, or using the help of a person who understands a similar matter better.
If you decide that the system needs updating, then this moment will take about an hour, maybe a little longer. Much depends on the speed of the internet provider and the amount of free traffic. If the Internet is already set up, then it is better to go to the official website of the company and watch the latest software that will fit your TV.
In order to see, you need to know the exact name of the device model, and drive its name into the appropriate line. Otherwise, it is not easy to figure out the number of updates, because they are not sharpened for all models, but are suitable only for certain series. By the way, on the official Sony resource there is not only the opportunity to download the software, but also detailed instructions for stopping. Everything is done for the convenience of customers.
Updating Sony Bravia TVs
A modern TV is not just a box in which programs are broadcast. Today it is a full-fledged multimedia device that needs proper care. In particular, it is sometimes necessary to update the firmware of your Sony Bravia TV. If you do this on time, you can continue to watch your favorite movies online and use the Internet without using any other additional devices.
But Sony TV is incredible. The new line called Bravia was also made on the basis of the beloved Android, the possibilities of which are amazing.
How to update the software on a Sony Bravia TV
Modern technology is so cool that you don’t need to be a programmer, system manager or any other professional to update the system on your TV. Everything is already there. As soon as new software comes out, a message immediately appears that obsessively recommends switching to a more modern version.
But what’s new doesn’t mean it’s better. Many users on the net say that the latest firmware from Sony is far from perfect, and not suitable for all TVs. What, then, to do? Before updating the system, you should search the forums for stories of people with the same TV model. If their system works well, then you can install it for yourself.
How do you install it? It’s very simple. the device will do almost all the procedures on its own, the person only has to click the remote control in time.
The instructions must be followed. This can lead to the fact that the TV stops responding to manipulations, or even breaks down. Sony has a very sensitive configuration, so the update instructions must be followed exactly;
Do not disconnect the device from the network during the update.
How is Sony Bravia TV updated? Here is the sequence of actions:
You need to go to the “Settings” menu and see what version of the software is installed. If it needs updating, the device will indicate it;
If the system does not need to be updated, but the owner wants to change it on his own initiative, then you can go through the browser to the official website and download the software yourself;
How To: Set-up your new BRAVIA TV (Tutorial)
When the file is downloaded, you need to open it and start the flashing procedure;
During its course, the TV will turn itself off and on, indicating that the system is updated;
After that, you should go to the web content and return the settings that were erased.
You should not ignore the proposal to rewrite the system, and be sure to periodically carry it out. This ensures the smooth operation of the device.
General information about Sony Bravia with Smart TV
The TV was released in 2016, but on DO is still one of the main players in the smart TV market.
Absolutely all users note the incredible image quality, which is understandable. 4K HDR video makes itself felt. With it, you can forget about any problems with the image. everything is clear and pleasing to the eye.
In addition to excellent performance, the device itself looks aesthetically pleasing and will fit into any interior.
Note! Features, functions and appearance may vary slightly depending on your region or country of residence.
Next, let’s talk about the functionality and characteristics in more detail.
Sony Bravia Smart TV
In the modern world, every day there are more and more new devices that simplify and improve human life. New technologies open up more and more possibilities for users, and one of these discoveries is the Smart TV function for Sony TVs.
Sony Bravia Smart TV Functions and Features
The interior of the TV is made according to the latest technology.
The device has a built-in Android TV system, which greatly simplifies watching movies and TV series. Since this is a service from Google, you need to go through the registration process to use it.
Do not forget! For full use, you need a high-quality Internet connection.
You can connect your Sony Bravia TV to the Internet via Wi-Fi signal, modem or cable.
However, please note that Smart TV functions may not work correctly with a slow or low-quality Internet connection.
Separately, it is worth downloading the possibility of voice control of your smart device. To do this, press the corresponding button on the remote control and say by voice what you would like to watch. Next, you will be offered all possible options.
You can also show movies and TV shows played on other devices on the big screen of your TV. That is, you can turn on the series on a laptop and watch it on the big screen. To do this, simply connect the Chromecast service to your smartphone and select the appropriate option to transfer the image.
If you are attracted by all of the above functions, then we will figure out how to connect Smart TV to Sony Bravia TV.
Description of Smart TV technology
The smart TV function allows you to combine your smartphone and the Internet on your TV. Internet connection required for full use.
- Watching any TV series, cartoons and films at any convenient time of the day. You just need to enter the name of the movie you need in the search bar and you will be offered all the available options. You can also install a dedicated application for watching movies.
- You can play games on the big screen TV.
- It opens up the opportunity to use the TV like a computer. You can chat on social networks, check emails and search for information on the Internet.
- You can watch videos on YouTube in full screen and enjoy the work of your favorite bloggers.
Please note that for the Smart TV to work properly, your TV must meet the relevant requirements. We recommend that you make sure of this in advance.
Connecting Sony Bravia to Smart TV technology
There are 2 options for connecting the function to your TV. wireless and wired. This is due to the fact that Smart TV requires the Internet, therefore, there are only 2 methods. via a cable, or via a Wi-Fi signal.
To connect via Wi-Fi, select “Network” in the settings, find your network, enter the password and connect.
So, when the network is found, follow these instructions:
- Next, in the upper right corner, select the “Install” button, then the “Network” section.
- To make the Internet work, go to “Network Settings”, then “Network Connection Settings”.
- A window will open in front of you, offering to choose the type of setting. for beginners and for advanced users. Choose the “Simple” option and the setting will be done automatically.
It’s simple now. You will see a window with the choice of the desired network type. Choose your network.
- After that, you need to restart the TV and set up the Smart TV technology.
- When the TV turns on, press the Home button, then go to the “Settings” section and then to the “Network”.
- Click on the “Refresh Internet Content” button.
Your Sony Bravia Smart TV will automatically connect to all Sony services. Now the installation and setup of Smart TV is officially finished. To start enjoying all the services, press the “Sen” button on the control panel.
Next, let’s talk about applications and programs.
Apps for Sony Bravia Smart TV
When you open the smart TV mode, a special window will open in front of you.
On the left you will see a list of the channels offered to you, and on the right there is an empty space. You can add your favorite channels there yourself so that they are always at hand.
To get acquainted with all the proposed options, at the bottom of the screen there is a button “All applications”.
Once you get there, you will see the whole range of applications. services for watching TV shows and films in the best quality, a collection of cartoons for every taste, applications for watching videos on YouTube, and so on.
If you like to watch classic TV channels, then you can do it through Smart TV. you can choose to watch TNT, the Sport channel and all the rest. The picture quality will be at its best!
Advantages and Disadvantages of Smart TV on Sony Bravia TV
Finally, we will tell you about the unique features, cons and pros of this device and smart TV technology in general:
- Convenient, pleasant and intuitively simple interface. Everything is designed to be extremely simple, with an emphasis on user-friendliness. Nothing will stop you from understanding and enjoying your favorite movies and TV series.
- Convenient remote control. Using the remote control, you can easily navigate among all Smart TV offers and choose the best for yourself.
- Best quality. On all TV channels, in all applications, the video and picture quality will be in 4K format with a resolution of 3996 x 2160 pixels.
- Netflix. This rather popular TV channel requires registration, although it is not complicated.
- Broadcast. The ability to broadcast video does not always function well in all applications.
- Programs and applications may differ in quality and functionality in different countries.
- The remote control does not always come with a TV set, but you can use your smartphone as a remote control.
These are all common features. In your particular case, there may be positive or negative points.
Please also note that the names of buttons and functions may vary slightly depending on your region of residence.