Installing and configuring the NTV Plus CAM module on Samsung TVs
The CAM module must be installed with the TV turned off to avoid equipment damage. Before connecting the TV to the network, make sure that the CAM module is fully inserted into the corresponding slot (PCMCIA port) of the TV.
The access card is correctly installed in the CAM module itself. the metal contacts of the access card chip were directed towards the front side of the TV module.
- ATTENTION! After turning on the TV, information about the initialization of the CAM module will appear on the screen.
- For correct orientation of the Card in the module, pay attention to the image of the chip on the sticker of the TV module.
- We do a factory reset on the TV. Support menu. self-diagnosis. reset. ok.
- After the TV reboots, go to the menu-channel-antenna-select the value “satellite”.
- Then in the same section: satellite. system-enter the password-0000-in the menu that appears, press “satellite selection”.
- We uncheck all satellites that are installed by default (if this cannot be done, then you need to get the CAM module out of the slot and reset the settings again), scroll through the list of satellites and select the “USER SAT” satellite.
- Create your own satellite (put a checkbox in front of it) and save. Further, the “LNB power supply” option should be ON. Then go to the LNB settings, do as in the picture below, except:
section “transponder”. we do not fill in anything there, so we will drive in manually.
- Next, exit this submenu, go to the “manual settings” section, see our new satellite and click “scan”.
- The section “transponders” will be empty, select “create”.
- Next, we drive in the frequencies we need (the list below), indicate the appropriate transmission rate and select the type of polarization (L or R). We press “save”.
- The channel package for this transponder will be scanned and stored in the TV memory.
- Then everything is repeated for each subsequent transponder. In the same place, in the “manual setting” menu, we press “scan” in the “transponder” section, create the next one with our data, and so on. All previous clogged and scanned transponders with settings and channels are retained.
There are two options for tuning channels: automatic and manual tuning. In the first method, it is necessary to select the “SEARCH CHANNELS” item in the setup menu, if the equipment is configured correctly, all channels will appear soon.
- Resetting the preset settings. go to the menu, select the section “SETUP” → “DEFAULT INSTALLATION” → “CHANNELS” → “ANTENNA” → “SATELLITE SETUP”.
- When prompted for TV. prefix password, enter a number consisting of four zeros. If the password has been changed, you need to enter the changed version.
- In the tab that appears, uncheck the boxes next to the satellites allowed by default, leave EutelsatW4 36E. If this procedure is blocked, you need to pull out the access card from the tuner.
- Then it is important to tune the transponder.
- Settings: 12130 R and Lnb levels (lower = 0; upper = 10750).
- The final stage. After entering all the data in the “MANUAL SETUP” section, select the previously recommended transponder and set the “SEARCH ON NETWORK” command. The operation can take quite a long time, at the end all the available channels will appear. The quantity depends on the package selected by the user.
- Step-by-step setup of NTV PLUS for Samsung:
- Go to the menu and select the “BROADCAST” item
- Choose EutelsatW4 36E from the offered antenna types. Save data.
- Go to the “LNB SETTINGS” tab, and select any transponder. Set DiSEqC mode. off. Lower LNB = 9750 Upper LNB = 10750 22KHZ tone off.
- Make two clicks on the “Return” button on the remote control.
- Go to manual channel search.
- Select the satellite EutelsatW4 36E again, then find the number 11900 (V / R) 27500 in the list of transponders, press the OK button.
- Set command “SEARCH ON NETWORK”.
- Then in the section “BROADCAST” select “CHANGE CHANNELS”. Select the channel to be given a number using the NUMBER CHANGE tab.
- Select the item “SORT” and sort the channels into categories: radio, music, TV.
- Channel setup and installation is complete.
For LG, the setting is similar, but the transponder value changes according to the photo:
If setting up NTV PLUS causes difficulties, it is better to call a company specialist at home.
Instructions for setting up NTV-Plus on Samsung TVs
To begin with, select the line “Broadcast” in the menu, press OK.
In the “Broadcast” window, select “Change channel”, click OK.
In the bottom left corner, select “Select All” and click OK in each box near the channels, where checkmarks should appear after clicking.
Go to the menu, click “Broadcasts. Channel Settings”.
In the line “Transponder” select ANY one from the list (the photo shows for example 12265).
After the appearance of the name of the NTV network, select “Search” and click OK.
It should be noted that the menu items may slightly differ from those shown on this page due to different versions of the Samsung TV software for setting up NTV-Plus.
Models of NTV receivers. for watching TV from the Eutelsat 36B / 36C satellite offered by the provider in 2017:
- VA1020 Digital Interactive TV Box;
- NTV-PLUS 1 HD VA;
- HUMAX VAHD93100S;
- Humax VA-4SD;
- Humax VHDR 3000S;
- Sagemcom 87-1HD;
- Sagemcom DSI74 HD;
- Opentech OHS1740V.
The VA1020 set-top box is the most modern development, it went on sale in autumn 2016. New subscribers of the company have the opportunity to purchase at a discount. The promotion is valid until the end of January 2017.
Self-tuning of NTV PLUS channels on the TV
Setting up NTV PLUS begins with the installation and installation of equipment. If they are carried out independently, then it is important to observe the following rules:
- Satellites NTV Eutelsat 36B / 36C, Eutelsat 36A are located above the equator, so the dish should be directed to the south. The exact direction can be determined using a compass. The angle of direction of the satellite is approximately 17. 38 degrees. It depends on the manufacturer of the dish, the satellite television operator NTV has several of them.
- In order for the satellite dish to receive an excellent signal, it is important to take into account the overview of the territory during installation; interference in the form of vegetation, tall buildings is not permissible. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in signal transmission problems.
- The bracket is attached firmly and reliably, otherwise, over time, the plate will break, the direction will change, all this will affect the quality of the signal.
- It is not recommended to save on the cable, it must be resistant to different weather conditions.
Upon completion of registration, the card is automatically activated within 24 hours.
The receiver is one of the most important components, without it it will be impossible to watch satellite TV. The assortment of the company has many different models of consoles, so for a number of nuances, the setup process may differ. Some of the most popular receivers are shown in the figure below:
How to tune the antenna
The next stage, setting up the NTV satellite dish.
- Connect the converter cable to the receiver, connect the receiver itself to the TV. In order to avoid malfunctions or equipment breakdown, all recommendations specified in the manufacturer’s instructions must be followed.
- Slowly and carefully rotate the satellite dish mirror horizontally / vertically towards the satellite. Objective: to achieve the appearance of the image on the TV.
- After the picture has appeared, it is necessary to activate the command “RECEIVED SIGNAL LEVEL” on the receiver. For a good television picture, the scale should be as high as possible.
To register this equipment, authorization is required on the official website of the operator.
If the data is filled in correctly, an email will be sent confirming the activation of the profile. After that, the operation “Registration of the contract” will be available to the subscriber on the site. After the conclusion of the contract, the activation of the card will occur automatically within 24 hours.
Increase the sound in a Samsung smartphone with the Speaker Booster app
This works in a different way. Instead of amplifying the sound, the Speaker Booster changes the equalizer settings, which leads to an increase in sound by about 15-30%.
Using the program is quite simple. run and install the required sound, and then click “Boost”.
After that, wait until the settings are completed, and everything is ready. the sound should be louder.
In both cases, I cannot guarantee you a 100% result. Much depends on android, ROM and hardware.
However, if your speakers are too quiet, you might want to try experimenting with your phone’s volume.
Boost the sound on a Samsung smartphone with the Speaker Boost app
If you have Android 4.1.2 or higher, you can use the pretty good Speaker Boost app.
It will turn out like a slider for adjusting the sound of the speakers from any point. After launching, you will need confirmation.
There is a certain limiter in the program that will not allow you to amplify the sound above 60 percent.
I do not advise you to take risks, but your business. those who wish, who are not afraid, can experiment with different values.
To amplify the sound, move the Boost panel to the right. First, choose a factor of 20% (this is just my recommendation), and then you can gradually increase, focusing on the dynamics.
If you cannot use the application above, I recommend trying another.
2 Ways to Really Increase Sound Volume on Samsung Galaxy
Depending on your phone Samsung duos a3, a5 2017, j5, j7 2016, s8, j1 2016, j4, j2, j3 2016, a7, a8 2018, j6, s9, c8, s8, g6, c5, j8, j4, a6, s7, s6, s3, s4 mini, a7 2018, gt e2121b, gt e2121b, sm g318h, gt e1182, e1150, g530h, x 700 speaker can sound soft or loud.
As a rule, the sound is usually quiet for us, and it is hard to hear on your smartphone. How to make the speaker louder?
Immediately you should pay your attention to the engineering menu. Samsung Galaxy lacks a full engineering menu.
There are some separate functions, but through the codes, for example, I could not turn up the volume of the speakers.
Who could. share. I have chosen other methods. I will not say that we managed to amplify the dynamics by 100%, but the effect is noticeable.
The first thing I did was to tackle the applications. On the Play market, many of them promise to add volume.
Only during the test it turned out that not all work the way I wanted, and some are compatible only with some phones and Android versions.
Samsung limits the volume of speakers and headphones, but if you wish, the restrictions can be removed. see how to do this here.
How to adjust the audio volume control on a Samsung Galaxy phone
Does the sound of your Samsung smartphone not suit you? You want to fine-tune the volume, but you cannot?
You can easily improve accuracy. By default, this is no more than 15 levels, but there is a solution that increases the accuracy of loudness.
The Precise Volume program will help with this, where the sound volume can be adjusted in the range from 1 to 100.
Want to make the volume 100? No problem. Run the application and click the line (button) “Additional settings”.
It’s only a good idea to tweak the settings first, while waiting for a more detailed sound level adjustment. In options, select the two fields at the top.
- Split Ringer / Notification / System
- Accurate ringer volume
Now go back to the main Precise Volume screen and click the Show button below the volume slider to open and show all possible sliders.
Now you have 6 sliders, each of which is responsible for a different element.
- Media. is responsible for the volume of media, that is, music, films, etc.
- Call. responsible for the sound of the call.
- Notifications. responsible for the volume of notifications.
- Systems. responsible for the sound of system sounds (for example, when you touch the screen).
- Conversation. responsible for the conversation.
- Alarm clock. controls the volume of alarm sounds.
The slider can be adjusted on a scale of 1 to 100 for extremely precise volume control on your phone.
Unfortunately, the disadvantage of the app is that the precise audio adaptation is only valid in the Precise Volume app. this does not directly affect the system volume slider.
This means that every time you want to fine-tune the volume, you must launch the Precise Volume application and do it there. However, there is a way to make it easier
Configure volume profiles in Precise Volume. The application allows you to create so-called presets, that is, ready-made sets of volume settings. You can create popular profiles
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus: How to Setup the Phone For First Time Use
For each of these sets, you can adjust the volume of each slider, and then you can switch between sets with two clicks on the Samsung home screen.
As a result, it replaces the need to use the system volume slider and allows you to quickly change settings without launching the Precise Volume application. How to do it?
First go to the Precise Volume app and under the Preset Volume click Edit. A list of all profiles will appear. Click the first sample set “Sample Preset”.
At the top, change the name (eg Loud) and then click the Add Volumes button to add more volume sliders for that setting.
Select all the volume sliders and then adjust the volume of each item for the Loud profile. Save changes using the button with the floppy disk icon in the upper right corner.
You will return to the edit settings screen. Click the plus sign in the lower right corner to add a new preset. This can be called “Mute” and, for example, set all volume levels to 0%.
At the very end, you can add a music kit that you will use when listening to music.
Set it according to your preference. You can also create other presets and then switch between them. Well how to do it right?
You can use the widget on the home screen to switch between the created profiles.
Hold your finger on the Android home screen to display options for adding widgets. Add a widget named “Activate Preset”.
The speaker icon will now appear on the home screen. When you touch it, you can immediately switch between the selected profiles.
This way, you can set presets for every occasion, assign them precise volume levels, and then quickly switch between them. Success.
To re-tune TV channels on an already old Samsung TV model manually, without calling the wizard, you need to take into account several extremely important nuances at once:
- old models differ from new ones in a complex and incomprehensible interface, because of this problems arise;
- outdated TVs are not equipped with automatic tuning;
- old Samsung TVs are not capable of broadcasting high-definition images.
Manual tuning involves changing many important basic parameters. Sometimes this scares off users, although in fact there is nothing difficult about it, you just need to adjust the frequency correctly, you definitely cannot break the TV.
How do I tune my TV manually? Follow the simple step-by-step instructions:
- Open the main menu, and then go to the “Antenna” section.
- We select “Setting manually”. “Setting up digital TV channels”.
- Click on “Create”, as a result of which a window will open with additional indicators: purity, module, transfer.
- First you need to set the following parameters 170,000 kHz, 128 QAM and 6900 KS / s.
- The TV will tune in for a certain time while searching for channels. Images will change, and TV footage will start to appear.
- After the end, you need to click on the “Save” button, after which a window will appear for adjusting the frequency, module and transmission, leave the last parameters unchanged, but indicate a new frequency. 178000 kHz, start the search again.
By the same principle, you can continue to search for TV channels, constantly adding 8000 kHz to the frequency. Experiments of this kind can be carried out up to an indicator of 226,000.
In this way, the sound and picture quality can also be significantly improved by making them very clear. Go to the menu and select the “Image” section, and then arbitrarily adjust the clarity, brightness, contrast and other parameters.
You can also sort the channels manually. To do this, open the main menu, and then go to the “Broadcast” section. Check the boxes next to the required programs. Here you can add your favorite channels to favorites or save the current arrangement.
Locking individual channels
There are many reasons why the TV does not show certain channels, in some cases the user has blocked them. What is the purpose of this? Everything is very simple and straightforward, setting a password for TV channels allows you to block it from children. To tune channels by setting some password, follow the instructions:
- Opening the main menu.
- Select the section “Broadcast”.
- Click on the command “Lock”.
- We activate it by selecting “Enable”.
- We select the channels that you want to block, just put a tick next to them.
By default, the system locks them with the standard password. 0000. However, before saving the changes made, the TV will offer to set its own password.
If at a certain moment the need for blocking disappears, then it is very easy to cancel it, for this you need to go to the “Broadcast” section again, select “Block”, and then simply disable this function by entering the set password.
How to set up your Samsung TV 2018
Setting up a new TV may seem like a daunting task, but Samsung Smart TVs are built to be user-friendly, including an out-of-the-box setup process. Once you turn on your TV, it will walk you through the initial setup, so follow the on-screen instructions to connect the remote to your TV, select your language, and connect any external devices.
If you want to start with an existing TV, you can factory reset your Samsung Smart TV in System Preferences.
Setting up your Samsung TV. step-by-step instruction
Many owners of television equipment from Samsung are faced with various kinds of problems in the process of self-setting the basic parameters. Especially when it comes to Smart TV models.
In fact, setting up Samsung TVs is far from the most difficult process, the main thing is to follow the instructions, and then you can achieve the desired result, while spending a minimum of free time. Of course, first it is advisable to study the tips for setting up the TV, this is what we will talk about now.
Adjusting the picture and sound
When it comes to how to adjust the picture or adjust the volume, many users run into problems. This is actually very easy to do. You will need a remote control.
Often, the picture is too dark or light, to adjust the optimal color reproduction, go to the appropriate settings. Open the service menu by pressing the button on the remote control, and then go to the “Image” section.
- by changing the contrast, the user adjusts the ratio of dark and light tones;
- clarity allows you to get rid of the blur effect, the sharpness of the image is adjusted;
- adjusting the brightness will make the picture darker or lighter, depending on the situation;
- color correction allows you to make the image as saturated as possible.
Correctly adjusted color reproduction will provide the best possible picture quality. Samsung TVs also allow advanced picture adjustments, but this command is more suitable for advanced users.
Also, a few words need to be said about how the sound is tuned. Believe me, this parameter affects viewing no less than image adjustments. Go to the service menu, namely the “Settings” tab, and then select the “Sound” subsection, here you need to select “Quality and method of sound transmission”.
Newer models of television equipment are equipped with additional functionality for adjusting sound parameters. First off, EQ, Dolby and Surround Mode should be noted.
The speaker system of absolutely all TV models has individual characteristics, which undoubtedly need to be taken into account in order to properly adjust the sound. Each parameter in the final score affects the overall sound.
Of course, Smart TV models are equipped with a more detailed system of sound and picture settings, so the user will be able to adjust the operation of the television equipment for himself. When adjusting the picture, open the image and compare by it how much the template you created differs from the default parameters.
That’s all. We examined all the subtleties of Samsung TV settings and gave specific recommendations that will allow you to choose the optimal settings.
How to set up OTA channels on Samsung TVs 2018
If you want free TV shows, movies, sports and news, there is still nothing better than the free channels available with an antenna. While there are options large and small, all the best TV antennas connect to your TV in the same way. You can tune the antenna during the initial TV setup or tune in terrestrial channels at any other time. Here’s how to do it:
Go to the Source menu. First, go to the main menu and navigate to the Source icon in the far left corner. In the secondary menu, select TV as the source.
Connect the antenna. If no antenna is connected, the No Signal screen appears. Connect the antenna to the RF connector on the back of the TV and select “Search for channels”.
Select source. Select the signal source (air, cable or both) If you are using an antenna, select Air to search for terrestrial channels.
Start channel scan. Once you start scanning, the TV will cycle through all possible channels and automatically detect which ones are transmitting and which are not.
Complete the setup. Once the scanning process is complete, you can close it and start switching between channels. Samsung is also adding separate channels to TV Plus. These are live channels that are broadcast over the Internet, giving you the option of live broadcasting even without an antenna.
Start watching live broadcast. Once you’ve added your local channels, you can watch all of your live TV directly from the home screen by selecting the Live tile from the feed menu. You will also be able to open the current programming guide, a channel list that lets you edit channels as you see fit, and a schedule manager for upcoming shows.
Use a channel guide. All of your live streaming options will be included in the channel guide, allowing you to see current and upcoming broadcasts. Please note that it may take time to download program information.
Samsung Smart TVs are designed to be easy to use, starting with an out-of-the-box setup process. If you purchased a floor-standing model or a refurbished TV, you can still go through this initial setup process by resetting your TV in Settings, allowing you to set up your new TV as you wish.
1.Choose a language. After turning on your new TV, you will go directly to the initial setup, which begins with the language selection.
Connect to devices. The TV will then detect any connections to your antenna, cable box, or other devices. It is not necessary to plug everything in at once, but it is good to start with the connected direct TV sources.
For whatever you want to connect, just plug the device into HDMI or RF jack and turn on the device. The TV will detect each device including its type, such as Blu-ray player or game console.
Select a wireless network. Even if you plan on using a wired connection, it is recommended that you log into your Wi-Fi network for initial setup, which will allow you to access all of your connected features before plugging the Ethernet cable into your TV.
Please enter your postcode. This allows your TV to find program information for on-air content and customize your location to display weather information.
Sign in to your Samsung account. If you have a Samsung account or are using a current Samsung smartphone such as the Galaxy S9, you can sign in to that account here and your favorite apps will be automatically signed in with the same credentials as the apps on your phone.
Complete the initial setup. Once your location and your Samsung account information appears on the TV, you will complete the first part of the initial setup. Once it’s complete, you can start adding apps and services on your Smart TV, or using alternative controls like your smartphone instead of your regular remote.
Select a service provider. But we’re not done yet, as you will also want to provide information about your cable or satellite service provider. This allows your TV to receive data for on-screen prompts and voice search.
After completing the basic setup, you will be able to view the collected information. If you need to fix something, now is the easiest time to do it, simply by going back through the previous screens.
Test the remote. The last check. this is a test of the volume and channel buttons on the remote, which should automatically connect to the TV at the start of the setup.
If the remote is not connected properly, you can do it manually. Just point the remote at the TV and simultaneously press and hold the Return and Play / Pause buttons (on each side of the Home button).
After installing the apps and testing the remote, you have successfully set up your TV.
For several years, Samsung mobile phones have supported multi-window, multitasking mode. Android recently introduced this feature. To activate it, you need to click the Recents button.
By default, Samsung does not use the default Android icon for multi-screen applications. To enable this mode, open the Settings Advanced features Multi window menu. Slide the Use Recents button switch to On.
Fingerprint sensor as touchpad
The fingerprint sensor on the S9 is more comfortable than previous models. Why not use it as an additional touchpad? So far, the S9 “understands” only two gestures, although this is already a lot.
Enable this feature by selecting Settings Advanced features Finger sensor gestures. To see additional options, click on the text, not on the button to activate this function. Here you can set up your device so that when you slide your finger down, a list of notifications opens, and when you slide up, you open Samsung Pay.
Want to rearrange the buttons on the navbar? It is easy to do, and at the same time to change the color of the window. Select Settings Display Navigation bar. Here you will find a list of options such as adding a button to the navbar, hiding it on demand, setting the color and position of the buttons.
The bright white screen makes your eyes tired if you look at it in the evening. Specifically, light from mobile displays is said to impair sleep.
Open Settings Display Blue light filter. Adjust the filter to a comfortable brightness and either set a schedule or let the phone switch modes by itself, determining the time of sunrise and sunset by location.
One of the most important features of the Samsung Cloud service is creating automatic backups.
The S9’s lock screen has two areas for placing app shortcuts and they can be customized. To change the list of default apps, select Settings Lock screen and security App Shortcuts.
Galaxy S9 settings you need to change right now
Want to get the most out of your Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus? ICHIP.ru experts will tell you how to do it. The Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus work great out of the box, but there are a number of things that could be done better.
Want to get the most out of your Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus? ICHIP.ru experts will tell you how to do it. The S9 and S9 Plus models work great out of the box, but there are a number of things that could be done better.
Samsung Cloud continues to evolve. Probably the most important feature of this service is creating backups. It’s a good idea to make sure your phone has Auto Backup to Samsung Cloud enabled. Then, if the smartphone is lost or broken, you can restore content on another device at any time.
Open Settings Cloud and accounts Samsung Cloud. In the upper right corner, click the menu button and select Settings Auto backup settings. Select the types of data you want to back up to Samsung Backup regularly. The backup operation is usually performed at night when the smartphone is connected to a charger and is in a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Find My Mobile allows you to locate your lost phone, lock it and erase all data
The Galaxy S9’s main window has a variety of options, from the number of app icons displayed to the ability to add an app icon after loading. Press and hold an empty area on the home screen, and then select Home Screen Settings.