How to turn on the Internet on Samsung: connection, settings and Wi-Fi
Hello everyone! Today I will show you how to enable and configure mobile internet on your Samsung phone. To do this, you must have a SIM card inserted in your smartphone and pay for any of the tariffs that have Internet access. After that, in 99% of cases, you do not need to configure anything, just swipe your finger from top to bottom, open the “Shutter” menu, click on the item “Mobile data” (“Data transfer”).
To test the connection, go to the Samsung Internet browser and enter any query in the search bar. If after this there is no Internet, we will try to configure it manually. Also, do not forget that you can access the Internet using Wi-Fi. I will talk about this at the very end of this article.
Configuration via SMS
- We open the message through the “Shutter” menu. Or you can find it in the SMS section of the main menu.
- Opening the configuration message.
- You may be asked to enter a 4-digit PIN-code, try to enter one of the values: 1234, 0000, 1111, 2222, 3333, 4444. If the code does not work, then call the operator again and ask what PIN they set.
- After that, you will see a message that the installation is complete. Open the same “Shutter” menu again and turn on the mobile Internet.
- But it’s too early to rejoice, it’s worth restarting your smartphone. To do this, find the side button and hold it down for a few seconds. After that select the option “Restart”.
- Find and click on the gear icon.
How to setup the Internet settings for Samsung Galaxy S4 which running Jelly Bean OS (English)
- Go to the section of all wireless communications “Connections”. Not all firmwares have this item, if you cannot find it, then skip this step and move on to the next.
- Next, you need to find the section that is related to “Mobile networks”. It may be hidden, so you will need to click on the “” button.
- We go to the subsection “Access points”.
- Now you need to enter the settings manually depending on your carrier.
NOTE! You can see the settings below. Everything that is not specified, we leave with the default values and do not fill.
ATTENTION! A dash (-) or dash symbol means that you do not need to enter anything in this line and just leave the default value.
|Name||tele 2 internet||beeline internet||mts||megafon||yota|
|Authentication type||–||POP||POP (PAP or CHAP)||–||–|
|APN type||default, supl||default||default||default||default, supl|
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen and select the “Save” button from the drop-down menu.
- Now, just like at the very beginning, you need to turn on the Internet menu and be sure to restart the smartphone. we hold down the main side button and restart the system.
If you want to organize a Wi-Fi network at home, in the country or in an apartment, then you need to take a few steps. they are all described in detail here. If you are connecting to an existing Wi-Fi network, then you need to do the following:
- Open the “Menu”, go to “Settings” and go to the wireless network section. Next, enable this module.
- In some firmwares, this subsection is located in the “Connections”.
- Once the module is active, you will see all nearby wireless networks, select any and connect. When connecting, you will need to enter a password.
- You do not need to enter a password all the time, and it is now easier to turn on Wi-Fi through the same “Shutter” menu. We just turn on the module, and the smartphone will automatically connect to the network.
Get automatic settings
To be able to use the mobile Internet, you need to place a SIM card with the appropriate option in the smartphone tray. After placing a new card, the device will send a request to receive automatic settings. They will come in the form of SMS notifications. You just need to save and use them. When deciding how to set up the Internet on Android MTS, it remains to turn on the Internet and check its performance. If the parameters are correct, and the card balance is positive, then you can start surfing the Internet. Many gadgets have preset settings, so the Internet works right after placing the SIM card in the tray.
If the connection does not work with automatic settings, you can submit a request to receive the parameters from the mobile operator. Thus, it is very easy to solve the question of how to set up the Internet on an Android phone? To do this, do the following:
- MTS. We send an empty SMS to number 1234 or call the call service 0876. You can also go to the site and indicate your number there;
- Megaphone. we send the number 1 to 5049;
- Beeline. call 06503;
- Tele 2. we call 679.
The question of how to set up 3g Internet on Android has already been practically resolved, you just have to wait for the network settings, save and use them. After making changes, it is better to restart the device. This is not necessary, but sometimes the Internet does not appear without it.
How to set up internet on Android?
The question of how to set up the Internet on Android often arises after buying a new device or mobile operator card. Now access to the network can be obtained from any mobile device using a mobile operator’s card. But for a successful connection, you must enter the correct parameters. Let’s talk about how to set up mobile internet on Android?
Manual Internet setup on Android
Now let’s see how to configure the Internet manually on Android? Everything is simpler and more complicated at the same time. Usually, the cellular operator sends a file that automatically specifies all the necessary parameters. But it may happen that a specific model is not in the operator’s database. In this case, the question arises how to configure the Internet on an Android smartphone manually.?
Go to “Settings” and select the item “Other networks”. The name will be approximately the same, but may vary depending on the translation;
When planning Android 6.0 to set up the Internet, you need to click on “Mobile networks”;
Now it all depends on the features of the shell of your smartphone. You need to find and select “APN”. In some models, you will be immediately transferred to this item;
When deciding how to set up 4g internet on Android, you will have to manually add your operator’s hotspot. To do this, press the appropriate key and see a large number of fields in front of us. We immediately pay attention to the item “Authentication Type” and “APN Type”;
In the first case, we choose “PAP”, because this is the most popular method for authenticating modern mobile operators;
Trying to set up the Internet on Android 6 in the second field we specify “default, supl”. enter as in the screenshot, and then confirm the action;
Fill in the top item “Name”. Here you can set any name for the access point, for example, MTS or Beeline;
- When deciding how to set up mobile Internet beeline on Android or any other operator, you need to set the correct username and password:
If you are connected to the services of several mobile operators at once, then you can find out the settings on the official page on the Internet or by calling the subscriber support number, where you will be given all the necessary data. On this question, how to set up mobile Internet Megafon on Android is solved.
Samsung Smart TV: How to Connect to Internet WiFi (Wireless or Wired)
From this article, you can understand that setting up the Internet is not such a difficult task if there is an instruction. Thanks to her, you know how to properly set up the Internet on Android and use it. Now you can use all the benefits of civilization and surf the Internet from any place, getting the necessary information and communicating in social networks. networks.
With Tele2, everything is the same, only specify tele2 in the name, and intenet.tele2.ru in the address of the point. Remember to save your choice.
After the process of selecting parameters, check the connection in the parameters under the item “data transfer” on the desktop by swiping the menu curtain down (quick access menu).
After the performed manipulations, restart the device.
The third method is to ask the operator to automatically adapt to your network or contact an employee at the post office.
How to set up mobile internet on Samsung
How to set up mobile Internet on Samsung using the smartphone menu? Let’s deal with this issue using the example of the popular Samsung Galaxy android from a reputable South Korean company. To do this, turn to the configurable items of the phone in the menu.
Nowadays, almost everyone cannot do without a smartphone, and even more so without the World Wide Web. And in recent years, mobile traffic has become widespread and developed. The speed of the mobile connection is similar to the speed of the wired one from many top providers. Any operator is trying to improve their technologies in terms of speed and quality of data transfer in order to gain the trust of customers.
Therefore, after purchasing, reconfiguring or installing a new system after flashing, the first thing to do is turn on the Internet connection. Let’s look at several ways to easily set up a mobile Internet connection on Samsung.
Ways to set up Internet on Android
- Automatic. preset in 95% of cases. It is easy to execute and here the user does not have to connect additional functions.,
- Manual method. they rarely have to be used when the automation does not work correctly.
Let’s take a look at both ways you can turn on mobile internet.
Automatic internet configuration
The quickest way to go first is to automatically activate traffic through the smartphone’s customizable settings menu. For this:
- Go to the menu with smartphone settings,
- Choosing “wireless networks”,
- Click on the sub-item “mobile network”,
- We click on the subsection “operators” and check the correctness of inclusion.
If a SIM card is installed in the gadget and it is identified, then the operator’s connection will be determined automatically. If there is no connection, then click on the operator’s name (for example, Megafon). Most often, this instruction helps, but what to do if it was not possible to automatically access the connection. You will have to choose the necessary parameters yourself.
- Name: beeline.
- APN: similar.
- Username / Users: also any or empty string,
- Password / Password: same as previous.
- Point: intenet. beeline.ru.
Manual Internet configuration
How to set up internet on Samsung Galaxy phone manually. Step-by-step instruction:
- First of all, you need to find out the list of configurable parameters of the operator used. In this case, the support service will help you during the call or send a special request so that the operator sends the list by SMS or look at the information on the website if there is Internet on another device,
- In the submenu of configurable parameters, select the “Connections” tab,
- Tap the word “mobile networks”,
- Expand the access points panel,
- Click on the “add” inscription at the top of the screen.
Next, we fill in the proposed parameters, depending on the operator. It should look like this:
Let’s consider this process using the example of the most famous companies providing mobile services in Russia.
- Name: it doesn’t matter, but it’s better to call it by the name of the operator. MTS.
- APN: internet.
- Users: select any or leave the input field as it was,
- Password / Password: come up with any or the input field as it was.
- Access point: intenet.mts.ru.
Save the configured parameters of the MTS network.
Setting up the Internet in a dual-SIM smartphone
Mobile traffic can also be used from two SIM cards from different providers (however, only one is active, the second will be 2G). All settings are the same, only you need to make them twice. The main thing is not to confuse the names when entering the name and address of the access point.
3G or 4G connectivity
To always get access to the World Wide Web at high speeds, switch to a more modern communication standard. 4G. To enable the standard, go to the menu called “network type”. After the manipulations described above, 4G will connect automatically, under the conditions:
- The device supports the 4G standard,
- The region has access to fourth generation networks and the coverage reaches the village or home.
If 4G is not working well, try switching to 3G. This network covers more areas of Russia.
Enabling and configuring Wi-Fi
Using the shortcut menu is the easiest way to connect to the Network. It is enough to slide your finger across the screen from top to bottom, a menu will appear in which you should find the wi-fi icon and click on the icon. If another icon appears at the top of the screen, it means that the function has successfully turned on.
There is also a second way. You need to go to the settings sections, go to the “Connections” section and select the Wi-Fi item in it. After a while, an icon will appear next to the clock on the phone, confirming the correct connection.
Note! The device always automatically searches for nearby networks.
It is acceptable to add networks manually, but this method is more suitable for advanced users. To do this, you should understand the following parameters:
- network name;
- connection type;
- IP parameters;
- proxy if this function is used.
Note! Usually, several encryption options are used. FT PSK, WPA / WPA2, WEP. The required information is displayed in the security-related tabs. For the average user, any of the above modes is suitable. You should not choose only WEP, as it is considered an outdated standard. The security of the transmitted data when using it is not guaranteed.
Using a third-party proxy server solves the additional protection issue. The proxy hostname is entered manually if automatic settings do not work for one reason or another.
How to enable mobile data on Samsung Galaxy
On the home screen of your smartphone, swipe down from the top of the display.
A window will open. Pull the window down to the very bottom of the screen.
Here you will have the Mobile Data function displayed. Click on it.
The icon should turn blue. So you have turned on mobile Internet and mobile data transfer.
On the main or secondary screen, find the Settings button and click on it.
In the settings, click on the Connections tab.
Next, on this page, click on the Data Usage tab.
All is ready. Here you can enable data transfer. You can see here how much mobile traffic you used.
Still have questions? Write a comment! Good luck!
This instruction concerns the setup and subsequent connection of the smartphone to the global network using the mobile Internet (via the SIM card of your operator). If you need to connect to a router, read the material:
How to set up the Internet if your phone has two SIM cards
For each SIM card, you can configure its own Internet. To do this, go to the settings, then to the “Connections” and “Mobile networks” section. After that, the user will be able to adjust the following settings:
- Data roaming. Here you enable or disable data transmission in certain cases. Not all Russian operators allow the use of such services throughout the country. Therefore, sometimes it is recommended to disable the option, otherwise the costs for it will greatly increase. The same applies to international roaming, which is recommended to be disabled completely.
- VoLTE calls. The quality of voice calls is improved when this option is enabled. At least when it comes to 4G networks.
- Network mode. In most cases, the LTE option is preferred. You can select the default scheme. For calls and the Internet, in many cases, it is allowed to use up to three standards simultaneously. In the case of 2G, the Internet will not work, only calls and SMS are supported here.
- Access points. Usually no changes are required to this point. The settings for the Internet access point are sent and automatically set by the operator. If by mistake the user himself changed something, it is enough to restore the option that was previously the default.
- Network operators. The required cellular connection is selected automatically or manually. Even in international roaming, everything is usually set up without user intervention. But the network can also be selected manually if the owner of the gadget knows better what indicators are optimal for him, as well as how to turn on the Internet on a Samsung phone.
Manual Internet Configuration
If the automatic method does not work, the problem can be easily corrected with your own hands. How to set up Internet on “Samsung” manually:
- Request the data for the settings from the cellular operator, which are necessary for the operation of the Network on smartphones and tablets. You need to call the technical support representatives or study the corresponding section on the official website.
- Open device menu.
- Select the item dedicated to settings.
- Find the “Connections” tab. If there is no such section, go to the next step.
- Then open the item with the name “Mobile networks”.
- Find a tab with an access point.
- Click on the “Add” button. Sometimes they use a function with options if there is no other option. To do this, you can select the icon with the image of three buttons on the right.
- A new profile will open, which must be filled out according to the recommendations from the operator.
- Confirm saving the changes made.
- Select created profile.
- Enable “Mobile Data”.
- Reboot device.
Important! At the end, all options need to be checked for operability.
Mobile Internet on Samsung phones
In any phone, you can adjust the settings concerning:
- APN access point and its characteristics;
- data channel;
- the name assigned to the profile. Without it, the mobile phone simply will not get in touch.
Note! The parameters must correspond to the cellular operator and the phone itself.
Usually, the Internet starts working immediately after inserting a SIM card into the device. All parameters are set automatically. Therefore, there is practically no need for additional actions on the part of the user. He will instantly understand how to connect the Internet on a Samsung phone.
How to set up mobile internet on a Samsung phone
Hey! Today I will show you how to enable mobile internet on your Samsung Galaxy phone. What it is? This function turns on the Internet from the cellular operator to which you are connected. If you use the Internet at home from Wi-Fi, you need to disable the transmission of mobile data, otherwise you will be charged for the used traffic. Everything is very simple and fast. See the instructions below and write comments if something is not clear to you. Go!
Automatic Internet Configuration (Recommended Method)
If the Internet does not start working after the initial installation of the SIM card, it is recommended to proceed to the following steps:
- Send a request to the operator with a request to send the settings. A message will come from him in the form of an envelope with a gear. This is the usual icon used to indicate messages like this.
- Open sent text.
- Select the item called “Application: Internet”.
- Click on the “Install” button.
- If you need to enter the PIN code, use the numeric designations 1234 or 0000. If such combinations are not suitable, it is better to call technical support and clarify the data of interest.
- Confirm on the “Yes” button.
- Enable the item “Mobile data”.
- Reboot device.
Note! After that, the communication should work without problems. The instructions on how to set up the Internet on the Samsung Galaxy A5 will be about the same.
SIM card selection
The first step is to choose a SIM card that will distribute the Internet (of course, this applies only to those smartphones in which two SIM cards are installed). To do this, open the smartphone settings and in the “Connections” section click on the “SIM-card manager”.
We are looking for “Mobile data” and select there the card that is necessary for working in the network.
If one SIM card is installed in the smartphone, it will be installed by default as the main one.
How to distribute mobile Internet from a smartphone via Wi-Fi? Configuring an access point (Wi-Fi router) on a phone with Android OS
I have already promised several times to write detailed instructions in which to tell and show, using a real example, setting up an access point (Wi-Fi router). on phones that run on the Android operating system. If I’m not mistaken, then on all Android smartphones, it is possible to distribute mobile Internet via Wi-Fi to other devices.
If your phone has pure Android installed, then most likely this function is called “Hotspot”. On HTC smartphones (I have one). this function is called “Mobile Wi-Fi Router”.
What this trick is, and how it works, I think you already know. If not, now I will tell you in a nutshell. You can turn your Android phone into an access point, a kind of mobile Wi-Fi router. You can distribute the Internet from your smartphone to other devices, for example, a TV, tablet, laptops, other smartphones, etc.
That is, the smartphone will take the Internet provided by your provider and distribute it over Wi-Fi. What is it, I think, figured out. A very useful feature, given that mobile Internet is not very expensive now, and operators provide quite normal tariffs.
The phone itself on Android, configured and working Internet (if sites on your phone open in the browser, then everything is ok). well, the devices that you will connect to your smartphone. I, on HTC, can connect a maximum of 5 devices at the same time.
I will show on the example of HTC One V. I will connect the ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 tablet, and a laptop. If you have another phone, for example, Samsung, LG, Lenovo, etc., then it’s okay, the setup process will be practically the same.
Connecting devices to the created hotspot on an Android smartphone
Turn on Wi-Fi on your tablet (for example). we go to the list of available networks, see there the network we created on the phone, and select it. Enter the password (I have it 11111111). and click Connect.
Also, select our network, and enter the password from the network.
Connection established, network connected and with internet access.
You can see on your phone how many devices are already connected. Just click on the “User Management” button. True, you will not see some useful and interesting information there.
To disconnect a mobile router, just uncheck the corresponding item.
Setting up Wi-Fi “Hotspot” distribution on Android
First of all, turn on your mobile internet. What would appear at the top, on the notification bar, the corresponding icon.
Next, go to the settings, and in the Wireless Connections and Networks section, click on ““.
There we select “Wi-Fi router and USB modem” (it can also be “Connect an access point”). In the next window, click on “Router settings” (or Change Wi-Fi access point “).
Next, we need to set the parameters for our mobile router.
- Router Name (SSID), this is the name of our Wi-Fi. We indicate any name in English letters.
- Security, keep WPA2.
- Password. This password will be used to connect to your network. Minimum 8 characters. English letters and numbers.
We indicate all these parameters, and to start the Wi-Fi router, put a tick next to “Mobile Wi-Fi router” (Wi-Fi access point). Tips for connecting devices will appear, just click Ok. On the notification bar, an icon should appear that the router is running.
Everything, you can connect our devices to Wi-Fi.
As you can see, everything is very simple and convenient. This scheme works quite stably (if the network is good). Do not forget that a running mobile router drains the battery decently, which is not a strong point of Android OS devices anyway.
And so, everything works and you can use it. If you have any questions, ask them in the comments, we will sort it out together. Good luck!