How to set up Bixby on Samsung TVs 2018. Samsung TV set up guide: what to turn on, turn off and set up
- iPhone 12
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20
- Stimulus check 2
- Google Pixel 5
Tom’s Guide is supported by the audience. When you make a purchase using the links on our site, we may receive a Partner Commission. To learn more
How to set up OTA channels on Samsung TVs 2018
If you want free TV shows, movies, sports and news, there is still nothing better than the free channels available with an antenna. While there are options large and small, all the best TV antennas connect to your TV in the same way. You can tune the antenna during the initial TV setup or tune in terrestrial channels at any other time. Here’s how to do it:
Go to the Source menu. First, go to the main menu and navigate to the Source icon in the far left corner. In the secondary menu, select TV as the source.
Connect the antenna. If no antenna is connected, the No Signal screen appears. Connect the antenna to the RF connector on the back of the TV and select “Search for channels”.
Select source. Select the signal source (air, cable or both) If you are using an antenna, select Air to search for terrestrial channels.
Start channel scan. Once you start scanning, the TV will cycle through all possible channels and automatically detect which ones are transmitting and which are not.
Complete the setup. Once the scanning process is complete, you can close it and start switching between channels. Samsung is also adding separate channels to TV Plus. These are live channels that are broadcast over the Internet, giving you the option of live broadcasting even without an antenna.
Start watching live broadcast. Once you’ve added your local channels, you can watch all of your live TV directly from the home screen by selecting the Live tile from the feed menu. You will also be able to open the current programming guide, a channel list that lets you edit channels as you see fit, and a schedule manager for upcoming shows.
Use a channel guide. All of your live streaming options will be included in the channel guide, allowing you to see current and upcoming broadcasts. Please note that it may take time to download program information.
Wait What is One Connect Box?
Have you met yet? Let me introduce you to your new best connection friend. Pick up an invisible connection and follow it to the end. There is no pot of gold, but QLED TV does have a One Connect Box, a small port box that sits at the end of an invisible connection. § This is what allows you to move devices out of sight. Let’s see what else you can connect to One Connect Box.
How to tune digital channels on your Samsung TV easily
Digital TV appeared on the territory of Russia a few years ago and has been actively used since then. And this is quite understandable. Firstly, having completed the setup just once, you do not need to constantly adjust the antenna or reconfigure the TV in order to watch something else. Secondly, such television has no interference in the form of stripes or snow. True, if there are any problems with the signal, then you will not be able to watch the programs.
DTV format television is very popular among the population. If you want to connect free channels to your TV, then you do not have to call a specialist, since everyone can do this. The main thing is that your model supports the DVB-C tuner standards.
Most Samsung devices follow these standards. It can be both an outdated model and 6 series Smart TVs. Therefore, now we will tell you about what you should do to set up digital channels on Samsung of modern and older series.
Just plug and play for video consoles
When you’ve gotten the latest game console or new media player, you’re in for the fun right away. Well, QLED TV is about to change your life. Here’s how to connect your DVD player to your TV (or Blu-ray!) Connect its HDMI cable to the One Connect Box. This is it. Or, if you’re wondering how to connect your gaming devices to your TV, it’s the same thing. Plug in the One Connect Box and get ready to win. It’s that simple!
Easier than sending text: connecting mobile devices to QLED TV
Connecting the phone to the TV. a good way to show content on a big screen for more people to see! If you find a funny video on the Internet that the whole room should see, or if you’ve just returned from a trip and want to show off your photos by sending it to the TV, it will be easier for your audience to see it! Plus, you can impress them by showing off your technical skills, right? Except it really doesn’t require any special skills, it’s incredibly easy. How? Well, with QLED TV, all you need is the Smart View app to connect your device. † You can then send videos, photos and streaming content to your TV with one touch. No, seriously, that’s all. But we will keep your secret.
Setting up digital channels
How do I tune with a cable or when receiving a signal through an antenna? You can carry out this operation manually, but it is better to use the automatic search to save your own time.
- Connect TV initially.
- Open the menu.
- Select the “Channel” section.
- Then click on the item “Country”.
- Need an access code? You need to enter 1234, 0000 or 1111.
- Open the “Cable Search Options” section.
- The start frequency is 290,000 kHz, if you need the end, then 362,000 kHz, leave the rest of the parameters by default.
- Go to the automatic configuration section.
- Specify the type of channels “Digital”, as the source. cable.
- Find “Network” through the search, start automatic configuration using the “Login” button.
The procedure was completed successfully. Initial automatic tuning has been carried out, and the user receives a list of detected available TV channels for viewing.
Checking your TV model
This raises another question. how to find out the model of the device used? Naturally, the owners do not try to memorize a series of numbers and letters, they simply do not need this information. Where to find a specific model designation?
How to get digital channels on Samsung tv | samsung tv channel scan antenna
- On the TV case. The model designation can be found on the front or back. Usually, the sticker with the main information is placed on the back side so that it does not interfere with the owner when watching TV.
- In the warranty card. You need to find it, carefully study and find the name of the model.
- In passport. It also lists the characteristics and specifies the model.
It is better to rewrite the detected data on a piece of paper in order to further check the presence of DVB-T2 on them.
Which Samsung TVs support digital TV?
Analog television is a thing of the past. In 2021, it is planned to completely abandon it on the territory of Russia and stop broadcasting. All transmitting devices are already prepared to broadcast the digital signal.
This decision came as an unpleasant surprise for many people. Now the owners of old TVs have to purchase additional equipment to receive a digital signal. It is necessary to understand that the Russian Federation has abandoned not only SECAM, but also the old DVB-T. It was disabled back in 2012.
The current standard is DVB-T2. It is planned to be used for an extended period until a more advanced technology appears and a transition to it is required. But how do you know if your Samsung device supports this standard??
According to the manufacturer, DVB-T2 technology is present in all Samsung models that appeared after 2012. These are TVs from the E, H, J, K, LS, M, N, Q series, etc. Therefore, all new devices support this standard.
Find your TV in the displayed list. Open his card, go to the characteristics. They must contain the “DVB-T2” column and confirmation of the existence of the standard.
How to tune digital channels on a Samsung TV
How to tune digital channels on a Samsung TV? DTV in Russia did not appear yesterday, it has been actively used in recent years. Previously, signal transmission took place only by cable, and digital cable television was gaining momentum in the Russian Federation.
Now broadcasting has been implemented via wireless signal transmission. Of course, this option is somewhat inferior in quality. This is especially noticeable in small cities and in remote areas.
But how do you set up DTV on your TV? Our article will carefully analyze this issue and provide information of interest to users.
Auto tuning channels
How to set up digital channels on Samsung? On the latest models from the Korean manufacturer, this procedure takes even less time. You do not have to specify the parameters yourself, the device will perform all preparatory operations for the user.
- Launch the menu.
- Open the “Broadcast” section.
- Click on the item for automatic setting.
- Now choose “Start”.
- Activate full search mode.
- Open the Scanner menu.
It remains to wait for the TV to find the channels. After completing the procedure, close the window, study the options that appear. You can check the correctness of the automatic setup yourself. Samsung’s models usually do the job well and are not wrong. If receiving through an antenna, the device may not include channels with poor signal strength in the list.
Tuning Samsung TV Channels Using the Remote Control
In the article below, we’ll take a closer look at how to tune channels on a Samsung TV. Samsung is a reliable manufacturer of quality equipment. However, the correct setup of the receiver requires some knowledge in order to independently configure the reception of HD channels using the control panel.
How to set up digital channels on Samsung Smart TV
The latest models of receivers receive and display the highest quality TV signal. Almost every recent TV model has Smart features. However, many people still cannot figure out the parameters of Smart TV on their own. Tuning digital channels on a Samsung TV does not require serious skills. any user can handle.
How to prepare your TV for channel tuning
You can only fine-tune channels on your Samsung TV if the TV and all of its components are connected correctly. For correct installation of the receiver, the operating instructions must be followed. Below is an example of the correct connection of a Samsung 6 series model:
- For terrestrial or cable TV.
Antenna is connected to the socket in the ANT receiver through a special cable with a resistance of 75 Ohm. The user will receive an analog signal.
- For cable or satellite TV, Blu-ray connection, game console or laptop.
You will need to connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI jack.
- For online use and software updates.
Requires a wireless connection using a regular Wi-Fi router. Any of the Smart models from the Samsung lineup supports Wi-Fi connectivity. For a wired connection, you need to insert an Internet cable into the LAN port on the back of the TV.
- To watch paid channels.
It is required to install CI or CI cards. It is necessary to remove the protective film and turn off the TV, place the adapter in the two holes located next to the COMMON INTERFACE port.
You can adjust TV channels in this way on older Samsung E-series TVs. To get a pool of channels on older receiver models, you need to know how to manually tune channels on a Samsung TV. To do this, you must follow the following sequence of actions:
- Press “Menu” on the control panel.
- Go to the “Channel” tab.
- Select the item “Antenna” and replace it with “Cable”.
- We go to the menu item “Country”, enter the password “0000”, select “Russia”. If the country is not on the list. “Eastern Europe”.
- We follow in the section of the parameters of the cable connection. If there is no such item in the main menu, then you can search for it in automatic settings (on some Samsung TVs such settings are set).
- Going to the cable parameters, you need to set the parameters: start frequency. 298000 KHz, end frequency. 362000 KHz. The rest of the settings do not need to be changed.
- Open auto-tuning and select the type of received TV channels (digital, analog, satellite).
- The search engine opens. Set the “Network” parameter, click “Search”. Automatic channel tuning starts.
- All found channels will be saved in the general list, but the TV will show only those TV channels that the user selects.
- Unnecessary ones can be deleted by selecting the corresponding items of the drop-down menu.
Setting up digital channels on a Samsung TV is quite simple and does not require any special training. Even an inexperienced user can install equipment and adjust TV channels, spending about 10 minutes on mastering the instructions. Subject to all the rules for installing and debugging the pool of digital TV channels, the image received on the screen will be of high quality.
On modern models, you do not need to press buttons and manually tune TV channels. Setting up Samsung TV channels from the Smart TV remote control will take a couple of minutes with minimal effort on the part of the user. The new TV series receive the signal through a special tuner plugged into the antenna connector. Auto tuning is done in a few clicks.
How to adjust TV channels on Smart TV
Press the “Menu” button on the remote control.
- Select “Broadcast”.
- Two windows will open sequentially, in each of which you need to select “Auto-tuning”.
- Click “Start”, select the search mode. “Full”.
- The program itself will select the available digital channels into a single list.
Note! If the user has lost all TV channels, then he will need to tune the frequency using the CAM module, which is activated in the TV menu.
If at the end of auto-tuning the digital TV channels have poor quality or are not displayed at all, you need to check the correctness of the equipment connection and go through all the points from the very beginning.
These methods are universal for setting up a pool of TV channels on Samsung TVs of different versions. If you have any difficulty, contact Samsung Service Centers for assistance.
M, Q and LS series
After the cable from the room, street or general house antenna is connected, and the TV itself is turned on, you need to do the following:
- Turn on the general menu using the “Home” button on the remote control.
- Select the “Source” item. In it you need to specify the option “TV”.
- Turn on the menu again using the same button, select “Settings”.
- Go to the line “Broadcast” and select “Auto-tuning”.
- Click the Start button. A warning will appear on the screen stating that as a result the existing list of TV channels will be deleted.
- Select a signal source. You can specify “Antenna” (for terrestrial digital TV), “Cable”, “Satellite dish”, etc., depending on which TV you are connecting.
- Select the type of channels. You can specify “Digital” or “Digital & Analogue”. In the second case, there is no need to further configure the connection of each local analog channel, if they are broadcast.
- If you are setting up paid channels, the interface will ask you to specify the operator. For cable, select “Others”. Since terrestrial television does not have this parameter, we just move on.
- Specify the mode in which the search will be carried out. Select the “Full” option. In this case, the system will search for everything that can be caught from the antenna.
- Start the procedure by clicking the “Scan” button.
- The found channels will appear on the screen (both TV, separately digital and analog, and radio stations) and an indicator showing which part of the range has already been scanned.
- After the completion message, press the “Close” button and exit the menu (on the remote control. “Return”).
Manual channel search
Older Samsung models do not support auto-tuning. In them, digital channels must be tuned manually, and for cable or satellite television, also by specifying the frequency and other key parameters. In general, a manual search would look like this:
- The menu opens.
- The item “Broadcast” is selected.
- Signal source (cable, antenna or satellite) is indicated.
- If the item “Country” appears in the menu, you must specify “Russia”.
- The item “Manual setting” is selected.
- The item “Setting up digital channels” is selected, where you need to click the “Create” button. In this case, additional TV channels will be added to the existing ones, and will not replace them.
- A tab with parameters will open. Here you need to specify the broadcast frequency, module and transmission rate. This information should be obtained from the operator providing access to the cable or satellite signal. For terrestrial TV, indicate the broadcasting frequencies of the multiplexes.
- After pressing the “OK” button, the TV will start searching for the specified parameters. After a while, a list of found channels will appear on the screen. You need to save them. and everything is ready to start viewing.
Removing unnecessary channels and adjusting the order
To delete unneeded channels, proceed as follows:
- Open the menu, go to the settings section and select “Broadcast”.
- Go to “Change channels”.
- Using the “Enter” button, tick the boxes that should be deleted.
- In the side menu, select the “Delete” item.
- Press the “Yes” button to confirm and switch the TV to normal mode. Immediately after that, you can make sure that unnecessary channels are gone.
If we are talking about Samsung Smart TV, then removal is easier there:
- Using the “Smart Hub” button, you need to go to the system hub.
- In the form with the listed channels, you need to select the editing section (usually it is on the right in the upper part of the table).
- Guided by the prompts of the system at each step, you can select all unnecessary TV channels and delete them.
As for the order of the channels, the TV arranges them in two ways:
- independently in the order in which I could find them during autotuning;
- using the list sent by the operator (as, for example, when connecting to NTV channels).
In the second case, sorting is impossible: you cannot reconfigure what the operator has set, you can only delete unnecessary channels. In the first, the sort looks like this:
- Go to the menu, select “Settings”.
- Click on “Broadcast” and enter the “Advanced Settings” tab.
- Select “Change. channel number ”and indicate“ Enable ”if the item is highlighted. If it is inactive, then go to the next step.
- Select “Change channel number” or go to the “Live broadcast” section (depending on the interface option).
- Here you need to open the “Channel List” tab and go to the “Channel Change” item.
- The desired TV channel is selected using the “Enter” button on the remote control, next to it the checkmark icon lights up.
- The item “Change number” is selected and using the arrow keys on the remote control the channel is dragged to a new place.
- Pressing “Enter” again removes the check mark, the result is fixed.
If necessary, the procedure is repeated the required number of times.
When sorting channels on Samsung TVs, one of their peculiarities should be taken into account: if the digital ones in the general list are signed and have names, then the analog ones are only serial numbers. Accordingly, when sorting, the picture will be as follows:
- Digital channels will move in the list, and one of them will take the position of the other.
- The list of analogue programs will not change, only another program will be received under the old number.
Set up digital TV channels on your Samsung TV
Samsung is one of the most trusted brands in the digital TV market. The most difficult task that you most likely faced yourself is setting up channels. Despite the intuitive interface, it is far from immediately possible to master the search principle on your own. Therefore, we wrote this article, in which we told as much as possible how to set up digital television on Samsung.
To do this, enter the model number in the “Search” line. If you find one, you can proceed to setting.
H, F, E and J Series
For models of this series, the setup process will look slightly different:
- Turn on the TV and use the “Source” button on the remote to select “TV”.
- Open the menu (by the button of the same name or “Keypad” and by selecting the “Menu” item on the screen).
- Select “Broadcast” and then “Auto Tuning”.
- Activate auto-tuning again.
- In the warning message about changing the settings, click the “Start” button.
- Select the source from which the signal will come: “Antenna” if you are configuring the reception of free broadcasting of the DVB-T2 standard, or “Cable” if you are connecting cable TV.
- Specify the type of channels. It is better to select “Digital and Analogue” here, so as not to repeat later a separate setting for the analogue programs remaining on the air.
- Select the scan type. To catch as many channels as possible, select the “Full” option.
- The “Scan” button is pressed.
- After the end of the process, click the “Close” button and exit the menu.
Preparation and basic settings
To set up digital channels on a Samsung TV, calling the wizard is not necessary, since the process is not complicated. The main thing is that the model supports the DVB-C tuner. Samsung TV set-up methods vary from series to series, but general guidelines apply to each device.
- press the button on the remote control that opens the menu. The appearance and location of the button depends on the model. There is a picture in the manual that shows all the buttons with signatures and their main functions;
- find “Options” / “Automatic search parameters”;
- select the item “Digital signal”;
- wait for the automatic opening of the window, which displays the signal quality;
- specify the option of receiving the signal, receiving frequency and range.
The basic essence remains the same, regardless of the specific model. The main thing is to start, then the setting takes place at an intuitive level. If you encounter difficulties at a particular stage, you can always perform a factory reset and start over.
TVs with DVB-T2 support
Modern models with support for DVB-T2 offer digital TV tuning automatically or manually. DVB-T2 is the second generation European standard. For tuning, the user does not need any additional devices, except for the antenna. In such a TV, a tuner is already arranged that catches and transmits a signal.
Tuning Digital Channels on Samsung TV. Step by Step Guide
“How do I tune digital channels on my Samsung TV?”. an actual question for users of devices of this brand. Digital TV has been on the market for several years and has not yet lost its popularity. This is logical, since the user after a one-time installation will no longer waste time and nerves on tuning the antenna. Or constantly tune the TV to watch a different channel. This type of signal transmission involves the likelihood of heavy snowfall, heavy rain or strong winds. Long-term exposure to negative weather conditions can sometimes cause interference, but the operation does not stop completely. About connection methods and configuration methods in this article.
How to connect digital TV to Samsung TV without a set-top box
The development of innovative technologies has made it possible to watch TV without a set-top box. on this below.
How To Rescan Channels On A Samsung TV
How to tune your Samsung TV to receive digital TV channels
Successful reception depends on the sequence in which the user executes the instruction. If this rule is violated, the signal does not arrive or is characterized by low quality.
The setting takes place in one of two ways.
- Manually. Channels are selected in an automatically generated list. This is done in order to get additional channels without deleting the already produced ones.
- Automatically. Assumes the choice of the frequency range in which channels are determined without human intervention.
Before deciding on a method, you need to set up your TV. Open the general settings, select the language, region and code to save data from loss. As a rule, the digital code is found in the documentation provided with the device.
Interactive TV works without a set-top box, but requires an Internet connection. Then you configure the IPTV scanner to search for IP addresses by the system. Broadcasting works in a stream, so each channel works independently of the others. For a good image and the absence of freezes, an Internet connection is required with a speed of at least 50 Mb / s.
IPTV is also active for wireless internet. But it should be borne in mind that the actual speed of WI-Fi is in the range of 15. 30 MB / s, which, as a result, is manifested by a limited number of channels.
The work of cable TV is similar to the rest of the options. You can find channels after you have entered the frequency parameters beforehand.