How to turn on the camera on an asus laptop
If you are here, then you cannot, more precisely, you do not know how to turn on the camera on an asus or acer laptop. And it does not depend on the model, whether it be x53u, k53s? Eee PС or x54h.
Do not be surprised, in many cases this is simply not possible. Why and in which ones? To do this, you need a special program and drivers (to enable with the keys also).
If you yourself installed windows 7, vista or XP on your asus, then they are simply not there. Microsoft does not integrate these utilities and drivers into its operating systems.
You need to do this yourself. If you bought a pre-installed system, then they should be (although there are exceptions), moreover, along with a laptop or netbook, there should be a disk.
Drivers and program There should be native (standard) ones. The first will be required, but the program can be downloaded and installed another. Link below. suitable for all models.
For now, we will assume that you have them (the program and drivers) already installed, and you just do not know how to enable the built-in WEB-camera on an asus laptop.
Look on the keyboard for the fn key and a picture with a camera or WEB-camera. It is the combination of THESE two buttons that quickly turns on the internal WEB-camera. By clicking here you can find out more about where the camera is located in the laptop.
Also keep in mind that in order to turn on the camera on an asus laptop, the program must be installed on it for this purpose.
Otherwise, you will never do it. If you set the operating system yourself, then they are not there and install it yourself (optional).
Also note that you may not always be able to turn on with the keys. Asus developers (ASUS) do not develop drivers for new operating systems of old versions of laptops.
In other words, if you bought a laptop, and at that time there was no Windows 7 or 8 yet, then do not look for drivers for them, they are not there today, And there will be no tomorrow (in most cases).
Also remember that you will almost always turn on the built-in WEB-camera on an asus laptop with the keys, you will NOT be able to, if it was originally developed for the operating system. 64, not 32 (86).
Find out about it and DO NOT waste your time. Sometimes they help to eliminate the driver problem from whist, but always. Also in this case (if you have an operating 32), in many cases you will NOT be able to turn on bluetooth. there are simply drivers. If you really need it, then reinstall it to. 64.
How to enable built-in WEB-camera on asus laptop
But what about the camera then? You can always turn on the WEB-camera on an asus laptop, outside of the suspension from the operating system, but the keys may not work. What do I need to do. Download the program and launch.
A direct download link with a detailed descrIPtion of the free software for laptop WEB-camera is here.
It is for such purposes in itself. Paste it into any “download manager. a program for downloading files” or in the address bar of the browser, then install it and run it from the shortcut on the desktop.
You can also admire yourself using Skype, Mail. agent, Miranda, QIP, Windows Studio life or ICQ.
There are many other programs to enable the WEB-camera on an asus laptop, which have much more functionality (a large number of effects).
For example “WebCamMax”. With it, you can take a photo of yourself on the beach, in the cinema, 3D and much more. Special effects will not seem enough.
I just want to say that you no longer search on the Internet: if you have programs for a WEB-camera on your laptop (netbook), you will not turn it on.
Download the application from the link above, it is distributed free of charge, and run it manually. Then you will no longer look for the answer how to turn on the camera on an asus laptop.
If there are drivers available, then see how to download them for ASUS bluetooth. For the camera, it is identical. Good luck, but if you have any problems, write in the comments.
The most dangerous sites that cannot be opened, but you have probably already tried
Your Phone Eavesdropping on You: Indisputable Evidence and Rescue
Installing an external WEB-camera
An external WEB-camera is a separate device that needs to be connected to the external perIPhery of a computer port. This is often a PC USB port. Most of such equIPment is versatile and can work with any system. External WEB cameras often have a built-in microphone and a switch located directly on the body.
When purchasing the hardware, you may find a CD or DVD with installation drivers in the kit. To connect it, you need to perform a few simple steps:
- The camera connects to the USB port;
- By means of a button on the body it is switched on;
- A software disc is inserted;
- Drivers are being installed.
With the help of the software, you will be able to set parameters for filming, as well as turn on and off all kinds of options using a computer. For example, you can adjust the microphone volume, if necessary, put a password to protect.
Separately, you should read the article on how to set up a microphone on a WEB-camera in your computer.
Some models use plugplay technology, which eliminates the need to install drivers manually. After the WEB-camera is connected to the laptop and turned on, Windows itself recognizes the necessary driver and makes the settings automatically.
How to set up a WEB-camera on a computer?
What to do if the device is not detected
Quite often, a situation arises when everything seems to be done correctly, the drivers are installed, but the equIPment still does not work. In this case, reinstalling or updating them will come to your aid.
Reinstalling the drivers will require the following procedures:
- First you need to uninstall the old driver. To do this, right-click (RMB) on the start and select the device manager.
- Look for imaging devices. Right click on it and select “Delete”.
- The next step is to install a new driver. To do this, you will need a disc with software directly for your laptop or PC, which must be attached to it upon purchase. I inserted the disc, we find a folder called “Webcam”, which contains the drivers. We make their installation. If there is no driver disk, you can download it from the laptop and computer manufacturer’s website. For example, for a Lenovo laptop, you can download and install the driver from https://pcsupport.Lenovo.com.
How to get rid of annoying calls from unknown numbers: say goodbye forever without regret
Many gadget owners often wonder how to set up a WEB-camera on a computer. There are many different problems that DO NOT allow it to function properly:
- The device is simply not configured;
- Drivers are missing, outdated or damaged;
- It works, but not as it would like.
Do I need an antivirus for Windows 10: 100% answer without guessing on the coffee grounds
The best antivirus for a weak PC: you definitely need it.
Here we will take a closer look at how to set up a WEB-camera in Skype, what steps you need to take:
- In the “Tools” item, the “Settings” tab is selected
- Then “Settings”.
- If the window that opens contains your image, then the camera turns on automatically and no additional actions are required from you.
- If there is no image, then the whole thing is probably in the drivers. In order to make sure of this, you need to click on the RMB on the start and select the “Device Manager” tab.
- In the resulting list, select the name of the WEB-camera and if there is a yellow exclamation mark, you can be sure that the drivers are not installed or are damaged. If there is no such sign, you should try to update it.
How to set up a camera on a laptop
In order for the user to have the opportunity to make calls to their friends and relatives, it is necessary to correctly install and configure the webcam on the laptop. This work is done simply and quickly, so it can be done without the involvement of specialists.
What to do if the device is not detected?
To set up the camera on a Windows 7 laptop or PC, you need to follow a few standard steps. If after their completion the device remains inactive, then you will have to remove all installed drivers and load them again. A similar problem also occurs when trying to set up a webcam in skype.
- Through the “Start” menu go to the “Device Manager” section. Do this in the same way as when you turn on the webcam.
- In the window that opens, find the item “EquIPment for image processing”.
- Right-click on the equIPment name.
- In the list that appears, select “Delete”.
- The system may require confirmation of the operation. In this case, click on the “Yes” button.
- Restart the computer, Chisinau will complete the process of removing drivers.
- Then the new software is loaded.
The main types of webcams
Before making the connection and adjusting the camera settings, you need to consider the varieties of this device. In most cases, people use 2 types of equIPment, which are good for skype and other similar programs.
- External. The main feature of this device is the need to be attached to the monitor. In this case, it must be connected to the computer using a USB cable and connected by the operating system.
- Built-in. This option is often used in laptops. The equIPment is small so it fits easily in the center of the top of the computer. It is immediately associated with Windows and does not require any additional configuration.
Camera activation procedure
To connect your webcam to your computer, you need to use one of two popular methods. With their help, you can get the job done as quickly as possible and NOT spend a lot of time on it. The easiest way to connect and configure the camera on a Windows laptop is to perform the necessary operations through the “Device Manager”.
- Connect the camera to the USB port of the computer using the supplied cable.
- Press the power button (if there is one on the device).
- In the lower left corner of the computer screen, click on the “Start” button.
- Move the mouse cursor over the “All Programs” section.
- They look for the item “Control Panel”.
- After that, click on the inscrIPtion “System and Security”.
- In the window that opens, select the item “Device Manager”.
- Depending on the type of equIPment used, click “devices” or “Imaging devices”.
- In the list that appears, find the name of the connected equIPment.
- Right-click on it.
- In the drop-down menu, click on the “activate” button.
- Confirm the changes made by clicking on the “Yes” button.
- Restart the computer.
Correct sequence of operations:
- Go to “Device Manager”.
- In its top menu, find the “Action” tab.
- After clicking on it, a list of available commands will appear.
- Of these, choose “Update hardware configuration”.
- Wait a few seconds for the system to complete the operation. At this time, you can see a window on the screen in which all found devices will be displayed.
- Of these, choose the one that they want to activate.
- Press the button “activate” and confirm the performed actions.
The second method will launch the camera suitable only for the built-in type device. In most cases, they are found on laptops and are activated by pressing Special key combinations.
- Fn “camera”;
How to install a driver on a webcam?
You will need to install drivers on your webcam when you first connect the device or when troubleshooting any software-related problems. In both cases, the work will be performed according to the same aLGorithm.
- Find the software disc that comes with the computer. If you get lost, you will have to search and download drivers yourself. It is important to keep in mind that all PC and laptop manufacturers release software that is suitable only for a particular device model.
- Insert a disc and wait for it to start automatically.
- In the window that appears, find the “Webcam” folder.
- Double click on it with the left mouse button.
- A list of all drivers will open, which you need to install one by one.
- After completing the work, remove the disc and restart the computer.
These helpful and simple tIPs will help you save time and money. Using little tricks, you
In winter, many people prefer to wear a sheepskin coat instead of a fur coat. Useful washing tIPs to help keep
MDF doors are in demand due to their resistance to moisture, high temperatures and
Connecting a camera on a laptop
If your PC is running Windows 7 or 8, simply turning on the webcam may be sufficient. Follow the instructions below:
- Go to Control Panel and go to Task Manager. Find the “Hardware and Sound” section.
- In the list of installed devices, find a tab called “Imaging Devices”. It is usually located at the very bottom of the list. If it is missing, it means that the webcam is not installed on the computer.
- If you find a tab, click on it. A line with the name of the device will open. Click on it with the right mouse button.
- In the window that appears, you can see the current state of the camera, turn it on, update the driver.
For computers with Windows 10 installed, do the following:
- Open the start menu.
- Click on “All Applications”.
- Find the “Camera” service and move the slider to “On”.
- The equIPment should turn on and the corresponding image will appear on the screen.
How to set up a camera on a laptop
Most laptop models have built-in webcams. With their help, it is convenient to communicate on the Internet and take photos. It happens that the equIPment is NOT configured properly. this is manifested in the absence of a picture or its inadequate quality. The question arises: “How to set it up?”.
Setting up the camera on a laptop
It happens that the camera is turned on and working properly, but the picture is blurry, the color does not correspond to reality, and so on. In this case, adjustment is required. It is performed using Special Programs. They usually come with a device driver package. Programs make it possible to change the brightness, contrast, clarity of the picture:
- Run the image management software. For Microsoft devices, this is LifeCam. If the application is not installed, download it from the manufacturer’s official website and install.
- Find the “Settings” or “Options” section. It offers options for adjusting the image quality.
- Using the slider on the screen Adjust the parameters as you like.
- Save changes.
You can change the settings in Skype:
- Go to “Program settings”.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Find the “Webcam Settings” tab. Adjust the image, select the sliders to suit you parameters.
- Click the “Save” button.
How to check the connection if the webcam is not working
If the camera is present on the laptop, but it is NOT possible to turn it on, you need to determine what the problem is. its malfunction or settings. To do this, you need to check the device.
Pay attention to the wires and connectors. are they all connected? Try pulling out the wires and pushing them back into the connectors. This applies to external equIPment.
To check the camera built into the PC, special programs are required. This is usually done using special sites. Hit them, and clicked on the “Allow” button, you will see yourself on the screen.
Another way to check is to contact the device manager:
- Go to “Control Panel”. “Device Manager”.
- Find the “Image Processing Installation” column below.
- See if your webcam is displayed there, as well as its name.
Sometimes the webcam does not work on the computer because it is disabled in the BIOS settings. To correct the situation, you need to reboot the system. During a new boot, press F9 (depending on the OS version and PC model, this may be F1, F2, etc.). Go to BIOS settings, find Advanced, then Onboard Device Configuration and Onboard Camera. Change the value from Disabled to Enabled. Continue booting your laptop.
If all else fails, you will have to carry the laptop to the service center for diagnostics.
What is the adapter on the laptop responsible for??
The GPU is responsible for the graphics performance of a laptop or computer. It is not only about the display of the image on the screen and its quality. Here is the amount of memory, support for various technologies and codecs depends on the compatibility of the system with GPU-intensive programs and games.
Adapters are divided into two main types:
1. Built-in. the chIP is integrated directly into the processor or soldered into the motherboard. Devices of this type do NOT differ in high performance indicators. For office tasks or watching movies online, this option is suitable, but for modern games, working with graphics it is not enough.
2. A discrete adapter is a separate device, which, in addition to the functions of an integrated chIP, significantly expands the functionality of a PC. With the launch and work in professional graphics software, the passage of modern games, problems in this case do not arise.
Switching laptop cards with special programs
Such programs will come in handy for a more convenient and safe switching of discrete rates. Below are options for models from AMD and NVidia.
For AMD-controlled devices, there are also AMD VISION utilities. In it, you can switch the map like this:
- Select “Performance”;
- Then. Dual Graphics;
- Named “Disable”, save changes.
Working with two adapters at the same time
It happens that even a discrete adapter is not enough to play at higher graphics settings or work with a heavy graphics utility. In this case, combining the power of the integrated and discrete GPU can help out.
To use the integrated and discrete cards at the same time, you must:
- Go to BIOS (advanced mode);
- Go to the “Advanced” tab;
- Named for “System Agent Configuration”;
- In the Graphics Settings, enable the IGPU function. Here you can also specify the main monitor and the memory that is allocated to the integrated chIP.
- Save changes.
How to switch the card on a laptop: 3 simple and effective ways
Laptops may have 2 cards: integrated (for everyday tasks) and discrete. for editing and modern games. Integrated GPUs are weaker than discrete GPUs, but they consume less power. Therefore, if you do not need to run heavy utilities, then you do not have to think about switching. However, if you need to work with games or advanced graphic editors, then knowing how to switch maps on a laptop will come in handy. And this article is just about that.
How to switch the map in BIOS
Changing one active chIP to another is usually done in the BIOS section, which is called “PerIPherals”, or in the “Config”, “Advanced” branches. It all depends on the device model and BIOS version.
Important: The settings for changing the chIP may be different. Sometimes it is enough to just click “Disabled”, but in some cases you will need to drag the card you want to use now to the first position in the list.
The method is suitable for both PCs and laptops. Almost all BIOSes have this option, but there are exceptions. To find out if the system supports the function, you need to call F2 during OS boot.
How to change the card on a laptop through the device manager
When there are two adapters in the display settings, for example, Radeon as discrete and Intel as integrated, you just need to right-click on one of them and select “Disable”.
After that, the laptop display will turn off, and the user will need to reboot the system. Despite the simplicity of the method, it is not worth using if you have no experience. High probability to disable or enable “something cannot” and thus disrupt the system operation.
How to switch between maps on a laptop
Most often, the system itself switches between 2 cards depending on the load and requirements for a specific task. But this is not always the case. Then below we will talk in 3 ways that will help you do it yourself.
What to do if you can’t switch between maps
If we are talking about a bundle of “related” components. the manufacturer of the integrated and separate GPU is the same. in most cases the problem is solved by installing Catalyst software and fresh drivers for both cards. As mentioned above, with Catalyst, you can switch between cards yourself. Also, the utility can perform switching automatically depending on the load.
A combination of discrete and integrated GPUs from different companies also requires the installation of the above software. But in order for the cards to switch automatically, you also need to install special drivers.
Laptop owners can switch between the cards installed in the device using several methods: classic tools built into the OS, and using SEPARATE programs developed specifically for GPUs from different manufacturers. You can choose anything. The main thing to remember: for those who are not sure of knowledge of the filling of laptops, it is better to do without amateur performance and ask the question of switching to a service center.
Webcamxp is a very handy surveillance application that has a wide range of possibilities for broadcasting broadcasts from webcams to the Internet. The program is able to interact with TV tuners, and also allows you to access your webcam via your smartphone. To do this, you need to download WebcamXP to your phone.
Key features of the program:
- Local network recording;
- Manual selection of broadcast sources, setting the speed and other parameters;
- Sending notifications when motion is detected in the frame;
- Tracking Sensor Configuration Setting.
Official site. webcamxp.com
How to launch the webcam on Windows 10 and 8
Windows 8 and 10 versions also differ little in terms of webcam settings. Then we will consider them in one instruction. You can also check the connected camera here via the control panel. However, getting to the control panel is a little more difficult here. Therefore, we will consider another option, how you can run a webcam on Windows 10.
- Go to “My Computer”.
- Right-click on a free space in the window.
- In the menu that appears, select “Properties”.
- In the left pane, select the Device Manager tab.
- Find your camera in the device list.
- Double click on it.
- Check the status of your camera and turn it on if it is off.
This option, by the way, may be suitable for older OS versions.
Windows 7 camera setup
Today, very often people install Vin to everything 7 on their laptop. Those who communicate via calls should definitely know how to set up a camera on a windows 7 laptop.
To activate the WEB-camera in Windows 7 you need:
Go to control panel.
Find Device Manager and call Imaging Devices where the camera is turned on or off.
After that, through Skype or another similar program, you need to configure the necessary parameters of the WEB-camera.
Another well-known laptop manufacturer is Samsung. There is nothing unusual in terms of camera activation.
But what is worth mentioning is the problem with the picture. On Samsung laptops, drivers from the manufacturer must be installed, otherwise the picture from the camera will be blurry.
Typical errors in the web-camera
A disabled camera in the device manager is activated by clicking “activate” in the menu that will drop out after clicking the right mouse button on the selected camera.
The error in work is corrected by pressing “Delete” and restarting the laptop. If this does not help, then reinstall the driver.
If these measures DO NOT help, you should contact the service center to repair the camera.
Most laptops are already equIPped at the factory with special programs for working with. These can be Asus ECam Utility, HP Cyberlink YouCam, Lenovo EasyCapture and others. All of them have a clear interface and are designed for a novice user. Removing them does not lead to the loss of the device’s camera.
How to connect a webcam
Connecting your webcam to your PC is pretty simple. Most modern cameras are connected to a computer via a USB port. There are also wireless cameras that connect to the PC system via Bluetooth. The process of connecting them is as simple as possible and is described in detail in the instructions that are attached to the camera itself.
With laptops, the situation is even simpler, since in most modern models the camera is built into the device.
Movavi Suite offers a complete set of tools for working with media files. The program allows not only to record from the webcam, but also to process it, edit it, change the quality. Other app features:
- Scaling of SEPARATE areas;
- Color correction;
- Frame-by-frame processing;
- Filters overlay;
- Cutting into separate fragments with the ability to save in different formats.
Official site. movavi.Ru
Important: on the portal you can also download an application for working with images, which is NOT inferior in functionality to the best photo editors for a computer.
Quick camera health check
Make sure the camera is installed on your laptop. It is located in the upper part above the screen. it is a small peephole and an LED next to it. Most often, all GoPro problems arise due to the fact that the mobile camera is simply turned off or there is no USB connection in the external device. Let’s use the following methods:
- Combination of pressing the Fn V buttons (indicated by a blue camera icon) on the keyboard. This combination is standard on all mobile PCs. As a result, the camera should be displayed on the taskbar. If this does not happen, then the problem is in the driver or device malfunction;
- Checking the camera online. To do this, go to the page of any site that provides such a service. Run the application and the “Allow” button will appear on the screen, turn it on and see your image. This indicates the health of the camera;
- Enable the camera in specialized applications Skype or Movie Maker.
How to check if the camera is working?
Many users check if the camera works in the programs installed on the laptop. For example, they call friends and family on Skype. However, this method is not 100% reliable. The fact is that the webcam can be disabled in the settings of an application while in working order.
To find out if the camera is really turned on, special online services allow. One of the most simple and convenient is WebcamMic Test. To check the camera, the user needs to:
- Follow the link webcammictest.com.
- Click on the button “Check webcam”.
- When using the service for the first time, the browser may ask for consent to turn on the device. You need to confirm the action by selecting the “Allow” option.
If the camera is turned on and working properly, users will see their image on the laptop or PC screen. Otherwise, the following message will appear.
In addition, you can find out if the webcam is turned on on the laptop, and without access to the Internet. Windows 10 computers have a standard application that allows you to perform this check. You need to open the “Start” menu and find in it a program called “Camera”.
The webcam will automatically turn on at startup, and an image from it will appear on the screen. A malfunction will be indicated by a corresponding notification.
Website creation. Website promotion. Earnings on the site. Site from scratch. How to set up a WEB-camera on a laptop yourself
The sale of almost all current laptop models is done with a built-in webcam. Taking into account the fact that among users of products it is becoming more common to communicate through communication every year, this can be considered quite convenient.
But it is quite possible that the camera was not set up right away. As a result, after making the first call, the user can pay attention to the picture. too light, darkish, dark-white, and another option is likely. the camera simply did not turn on. Be that as it may, the question arises of how to set up a WEB-camera on a laptop so that it works correctly in the future.
Quite often, problematic issues with a built-in camera are easy to solve. If all else fails, then the problem is probably related to the hardware component. then you need to take the laptop to a service center for repair work.
So, the first thing to do is to check the drivers for the camera that are installed on the laptop. First you need to go to “Start”. “Control Panel”. Here open the “Device Manager”.
In the proposed list, you need to open “Image processing devices” and expand the line by clicking on the small arrow. The devices available to the user that are connected will be played here. What is responsible for the operation of the camera will be named like Cam, Web. It is important to take into account that there is no yellowish exclamation mark or a reddish cross on the pictogram near the name, as this may indicate an erroneous placement of drivers or the fact that they are missing.
After clicking the right mouse button on the required device, you can go to the line of the context menu called “Properties”.
On the tab called “General” directly in the “Device Status” field should be inscribed “The device is working normally”. This means the camera is in working order. When a different inscrIPtion is indicated there, then you need to go to the tab called “Driver”.
Here you can see which driver, at what time it was installed, as well as update or remove drivers that exist.
When problems with the camera started after the repair work was carried out with the laptop, then you should click “Update” and then “Search automatically for updated drivers.” As a result, the drivers will be found, which are present on the laptop and on the global web. If the wizard finds the drivers located on the laptop, then you can install them and the problematic issue will be resolved.
You can install the drivers on your own. Then the set with a laptop or camera must contain a special disk for installing drivers. Having placed it in the drive of the device, you need to go through all the necessary stages and follow the instructions that the installation wizard offers. In total, it will turn out to install all the drivers that are necessary for the connected devices, including the camera.
If the user cannot find the disc or purchased the camera separately from the laptop, but in a computer product there are simply comments on the drive. that’s okay. You can download drivers from the official website of the laptop manufacturer, and on a free basis. Next, you can install the driver for the laptop yourself.
Special programs can also help you find and install drivers. To do this, you can use a free program called Driver Pack Solution. After the drivers have been installed, you must definitely restart the laptop.
The second thing to do is to check if the camera is connected in the device manager. To do this, go to Device Manager and open a tab called “Imaging Devices”. When considering the pictogram that is responsible for the camera, you need to take into account that there should not be an arrow next to it, as can be seen in the image below.
If there is one, then it is necessary to name it with the right mouse button and click on the line “activate”.
The Device Manager will start flashing, i.e. Will update, then the arrow will disappear and the camera should start working.
The third thing to do is to install a special program that allows you to work with a webcam. You can download it from the global network, in particular, SplitCam, WebCam Max or LiveCam.
After starting the selected program, the user will be able to see a special window with a picture that enters the camera, and a green indicator will shine near the camera itself. This means that the camera is in working order.
In such programs, you can configure the camera. To do this, you need to find tabs such as “Options”. “Capture Filter”.
Here you can change a number of camera parameters, and make the image so that it is perceived normally.
Those who are interested in how to set up a WEB-camera on a laptop can use the second method without downloading any programs. It is suitable for those who have Skype on their laptop. You can also go to “Tools”. “Options”.
Then, on the “General” tab, you need to click on “Settings”. Here, in the main fire, an image from the camera should appear. To change the settings, you can name it by the button “Webcam settings”.
In the next window, you can select the desired settings for the picture from the camera.
Thus, you can solve the question of how to set up a WEB-camera on a laptop: the image from it will be transmitted during calls, with the desired brightness and contrast.