Standard way to transfer apps
On different firmwares, the algorithm for transferring applications to SD may differ slightly, but in general it follows the standard scenario for all Android devices. This can be done manually or using an automatic service built into new smartphones.
- We go to “Settings”, select the item “Applications”.
- Choose from the proposed list the program that you plan to transfer to SD.
- A menu will open in which you need to find the button responsible for the transfer.
Not all applications support movement, so if the specified button is not in the menu, accept and choose another one to move in order to free up space.
On the new flagships on Android, the function of automatic transfer to SD inserted into the smartphone is available. To do this, you need to dig deeper into the settings so that the OS starts to consider the external drive as internal storage:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Open the menu item responsible for memory management.
- We are looking for a section about SD in the menu.
- We press “Format”, select the item “As internal storage” and continue to follow the commands of the system.
Keep in mind that formatting will erase the data clean, so take care of transferring important files to a PC or cloud storage before starting the described manipulations.
Next, you only need to confirm the system’s proposal to transfer the selected programs to the vacated space. Your smartphone will now perceive SD as its own internal storage, and the programs that you transferred there will accordingly work without the slightest logistical disruptions.
If necessary, everything can be returned back: for this, go to the “Format” section and select the “As portable storage” item. Applications will return to the internal memory of the smartphone, and SD will again be used as a portable storage object.
Move to SDCard
Another useful utility that will come in handy for transferring programs to SD is called “Move to SDCard”. It does not require superuser rights and weighs very little, which makes it extremely popular with Android smartphone owners.
- After installing the program, launch it and open the menu with a swipe to the right.
- Tap on the item “Move to memory card”.
- Select the desired program from the list, click “Move”.
- We are waiting for the completion of the transfer process.
The utility does not work in system programs, and users note that the program does not always cope with the declared functionality and often does not transfer applications completely. But for novice users, it is this software that becomes the starting point in working with the memory of smartphones. \
How to transfer apps to a memory card on Samsung
How to transfer applications to a memory card on Samsung is a question of interest to all owners of popular smartphones who want to save space on their phone. Now we use so many applications that there is objectively not enough space for them. Some of them, with little damage to the performance of the program, can be transferred to SD with a speed of at least 10 Mb / s.
There are risks. if you subsequently remove the card, for example, to “transfer” photos and media files to a personal computer, applications stored on the SD will start to glitch after it is returned to its place. Provided that important programs are regularly backed up, you can easily reinstall them without losing data.
There are a lot of programs for transferring programs on Google Play, but this software is especially popular among Android users.
After downloading “AppMgr III” you can proceed to the direct transfer of programs. The application has a fairly simple interface, and there is also support for the Russian language, which makes its use convenient and understandable.
- We launch the program. In the menu that opens, all downloads available on the phone will be immediately displayed.
- We are looking for an application that needs to be transferred to SD, put our finger on the icon and hold it until the context menu appears on the screen.
- In the menu, select “Move application”.
That’s it, the program will automatically move to SD and thereby free up space in the internal memory. For the changes to take effect completely, you will need to restart your smartphone.
The program is rightfully considered by experienced users as “heavy artillery”. It is important that Link2SD is absolutely free, but. again. requires root users and granted superuser rights.
Before using Link2SD, you need to properly prepare the card: you need to create a hidden partition on it using Recovery, which will later serve as a memory storage for portable applications:
- Turn off the phone, and then start the system by holding down the volume buttons (this combination to go to Recovery is relevant for most models of Android smartphones, for details on starting the mode on your device, check the instructions for the device).
- We tap on the line “Partition SD Card”, select the type of file system (experienced users use EXT3), determine the required volume of the hidden folder and the swap partition (usually called Swap). After selecting the parameters, it remains to move the slider, thereby creating separate folders on the SD.
- We are waiting for the end of the process of formatting the memory card and reboot the smartphone.
- We proceed to the direct transfer of data to the drive. We launch the Link2SD downloaded from the playmarket. In the displayed list of applications, select the desired program and tap “Send” in the menu. The program will prompt you to decide on the list of files, it is better to select all.
We press “Ok” and wait for the end of the application transfer process with the concomitant release of the internal memory of the smartphone.
If you don’t feel like digging into your phone manually, and you are looking for a simple method on how to transfer data to external storage on a Samsung phone, you can turn to special programs. They are suitable for those owners of phones whose OS does not support the above methods. For the utilities to work, you must first unlock root-rights.
It is quite easy to transfer applications to a memory card, freeing up the smartphone’s memory by this action. To do this, you can use both the built-in capabilities of your Android phone and external software. The main thing is to have a spacious flash drive and properly prepare. save important files to a PC or cloud storage, and format the drive if necessary.
Formatting an SD card on Android using file managers
The process of removing unnecessary information can be started through the file manager. This application is installed on gadgets with Android system. It is designed to manage all the contents of the device. The application allows you to organize work with files.
How to format a USB flash drive on an Android phone
When the Android file system starts to malfunction, errors appear during operation, users are looking for ways to fix the situation. Most often, malfunctions are reflected in the operation of the SD drive. It stops functioning correctly. In such a situation, the best way out is to find a way how to format the USB flash drive on an Android phone. This procedure will make it work correctly.
Users can choose one more format. exFAT. It is one of the latest file systems available on the Android platform. The main feature of exFAT is the complete absence of restrictions that are typical for previous versions.
This format is recommended for large memory cards. It is suitable for making a USB flash drive the main internal storage of information to which multimedia and system cache will be recorded.
For your information! This format has a significant disadvantage. compatibility. Users may have a problem with supporting some media files on older smartphones.
But for owners of modern gadgets, this is one of the best formats. It makes it possible to process information, photos and videos at maximum speed.
Before formatting a USB flash drive on an Android phone, you need to determine the format
Formatting Android memory card via Recovery
Choosing the way how to format the SD card on Android, you can use special programs. If it is not possible to connect to a personal computer, and at the same time the gadget’s parameters do not make it possible to do formatting manually, you can use applications from the Play Market.
The most popular programs are:
- SD Maid is a tool designed to quickly and efficiently clean up storage space from unnecessary files.
- SDCard Manager. File Explorer.
- SDCard Formatter is one of the simplest programs that erases unnecessary files with a simple press of a button.
The interface of all applications is the same. Most often, users use the Recovery program. Experts consider this method to be the most undesirable. Without experience, you can significantly damage the drive. It is recommended to use it only in extreme cases, when none of the methods have already brought a result.
Important! Before you get started, you need to understand that if the actions are performed correctly, the Micro SD will be cleaned without difficulty. But if something goes wrong, in this case all the protection of the system components will be violated. It will be possible to solve problems in the future only in the service center.
To use the Recovery program for formatting, you need to do the following:
- Enter the mode, after turning off the gadget.
- Then you need to press the screen lock and speed adjustment buttons at the same time.
- Using the volume control, you need to go to Mounts and Storage.
- Select the Format SD-card line. It must be selected using the lock button.
As soon as these actions are performed, the cleaning process will start, all that remains is to reboot the gadget using standard methods.
The memory card can be formatted using downloaded applications.
This format is an improved version of FAT, which was retained in older models, but is no longer used. FAT32 is very popular among gadget users. It is also relevant as a file system for USB drives. If you choose this option for formatting, then the flash drive will be supported on any device, including:
- personal computers,
- various multimedia devices.
To access this format of a flash drive for Android, a total volume of more than 100 Gigabytes can be used, it is not limited. But at the same time, an important condition must be met: each processed file cannot exceed 4GB in size. This is not a problem for phone users, as this file size is very rare, it is a significant size.
Important! The format has its drawback. When formatting, there is a problem how to save videos and cache files. They can take up a lot of memory.
This file is most common among personal computer users. The format is used to work with the Windows operating system. It has a number of advantages that make it popular. The main feature is the absence of restrictions on the size of files.
This format is suitable for those who need to process large folders containing videos. NTFS is also popular for storage capacity, speed of information processing and reliability of operation.
But the format has a significant drawback: it is not supported by all devices. And this is a significant problem. They choose it only if they are sure that the tablet or smartphone will be able to read information from a formatted flash drive in the future.
Why format an SD card on Android
Modern smartphones can be purchased with up to 64 gigabytes of storage. But active use of the gadget quickly reduces it. Applications, games, videos and photos fill even such an impressive volume in a short time. As soon as the storage is full of files, the system starts to beep.
Most of the problems with the incorrect operation of the SD drive are associated with an overflowing memory.
To prevent this from happening, each smartphone has a built-in slot for placing an external memory card. Thanks to him, the user has the opportunity to increase the gadget’s memory up to 100 GB. But there are often situations when the SD-card starts to malfunction. In such a situation, it is necessary to format the SD card for Android.
The need for formatting may arise in the following cases:
- downloaded applications stop working, files are not written correctly;
- critical file system errors appear;
- due to errors in partitions, the total amount of memory on the card is reduced;
- a lot of unnecessary files on the map;
- you need to transfer the memory card to another gadget.
Important! Formatting a memory card on Android means a complete wipe. In this regard, before starting the procedure, you need to save all the data contained on it, protect them, that is, make a backup copy. It is best to transfer files from the card to your computer.
The most common problems with CD cards are applications that stop working
What format of flash cards do Android devices support?
Before starting the procedure, you need to determine in what format to format the USB flash drive for Android. Phones on this platform are capable of working in four formats. They are supported by most devices, including personal computers. These file systems include:
Any of these formats are designed to store all types of files. But each of them has a number of disadvantages and advantages.
You can change the location of data on your phone if it is personal, that is, you entered it on the device yourself. If the files are system files, they cannot be transferred, and without superuser rights you will not have access to them.
The Link2SD utility is rather crude, so it can transfer any application indiscriminately. But after the transfer, it is not a fact that it will continue to work correctly. For normal operation of the utility, you need “ROOT”.
- Bulk software transfer to SD card.
- Bulk removal and reinstallation of software.
- Bulk flush cached data.
- Removing or installing the label “system” in applications.
Basic commands can be found under the “Menu” button.
Any information in the form of documents, music and other files manually loaded into the memory of a smartphone or tablet is transferred using the file manager. For these purposes, the native Files manager is suitable. You can use an alternative, in the form of “Total Commander” or “ES Explorer”.
- Open “Files” and go to the “Internal memory”.
- Select folders or files to transfer and click “Copy”.
- Then go back to the root folder and select “Memory Card”.
- Decide on the directory and click “Insert”.
In this way, you can transfer, upload or download a lot of personal data to your phone.
Transfer via “Settings
On some Samsung models, you can transfer applications to the memory card in the smartphone settings. Let’s see how this is done:
- Go to settings and select the “Applications” section.
- Select the software that you want to save on the SD card through the dispatcher.
- Check the box next to “Memory card”.
- Complete the transfer via “Export Classic” to Samsung.
The utility differs from its counterparts in the function of mass transfer of installed software. In addition to the transfer of “AppMgr III” can massively for selected applications:
- Clear cached data.
- Stop and hide unused software.
- Inform immediately whether it is possible to transfer software from the list or not.
- Sort installed software by main criteria.
You can transfer data using the buttons in the utility header. Works with Android 4 and higher, but may not be compatible with some OS skins (e.g. Xiaomi).
How to move photos, videos, applications and music from the phone memory to the memory card
Hello everyone! How can I transfer apps and other data from phone memory to memory card if my device is running out of space? For smartphones with the Android operating system, there are several solutions to this problem. And we will consider them in detail in the article.
If you have a working SD card in your phone, you can transfer apps and other data to it. The main requirement for the operating system is Android (not lower than version 4.2.2).
Transferring applications to Android is possible provided:
- They were installed by you personally.
- The developer has taken care of the possibility of transferring software files to another location.
In other cases, it will not work to move the application in a regular way. But there are other possibilities. let’s go further.
Move to SD Card utility
The clear Russian-language interface of the program allows you to:
- Transfer software to SD card from internal memory and vice versa.
- Sort installed programs by main criteria: size, name, installation date, etc.
- Display the main information of the selected programs: where installed, size, APK file name, date and time.
Transfer data to the menu through the functions of the same name. The program is universal, intuitive, and works with all versions of Android. starting from version 2.3 and higher.
1.2 How to Transfer Pictures from Laptop to Samsung Phone with One Click or Selectively
How to send photos from Samsung to laptop? Is this the same as above? You may have questions, but don’t worry, we will offer you a guide that you will understand to work with.
Steps to transfer pictures from laptop to Samsung with one click:
Install the app and connect Samsung to laptop
Download and install the Samsung Photos Transfer app first. Samsung Messages Backup to your laptop, then connect your Samsung device to laptop via USB cable.
Select photos in the app
This step is the same as above, go to Photos and. Then mark your photos that you want to transfer
Transfer Photos from Laptop to Samsung
After selection, you need to click the “Add” button to transfer images from laptop to Samsung device.
Note: How to transfer images from laptop to Samsung phone in 1 click? Please follow the instructions below.
1.1 How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Computer with One Click or Selectively
If your cell phone. Samsung Galaxy S7, how to transfer photos from Samsung Galaxy S7 to computer with one click or selectively? Answer. Samsung Photos Transfer. Actually, it supports all versions of Samsung. Not only can this application help you transfer your images with one click, but you can also selectively send images when you need to, so translation is more convenient than before.
Steps to selectively transfer photos for you:
Download and install on your computer
First of all, download the correct version of the application to your computer. Once the download is complete, a popup will appear showing the installation.
Enter the “Android Assistant” module to access the Coolmuster Android Assistant.
Launch the app and connect your Samsung phone to PC
Then launch Samsung Photos Transfer and connect Samsung to PC with USB cable. Enable USB debugging on your smartphone as prompted.
The app will detect your device automatically and quickly. click “Allow” on your Samsung and the app will access the device.
How to copy/move Files from Internal Storage to SD Card -Samsung Galaxy phones
Browse the content and select your photos
Then, when the software successfully accesses your phone, you can browse your files of your type in the interface as shown below, including photos.Click “Photos” on the left and then click “Phone Gallery”, your photos will appear on the right.
Now you can select images by checking the small squares. After that, click the “Export” icon in the upper right corner to transfer photos from Samsung to PC.
Note: If you need to transfer all photos from Samsung to computer. you can transfer them using Samsung Photos Transfer with one click. Here is the method.
Tips: How to Transfer Photos from Android to Computer Quickly?
5 Methods to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Samsung
“How to transfer photos from Samsung to Samsung?”
If you recently purchased a new Samsung phone, then a similar request may have brought you here. Too often, when switching from one smartphone to another, we lose important photos. Because our photographs can have strong emotional value, losing them can be a nightmare.
The good news is that you can easily transfer pictures from Samsung to Samsung in many different ways, in this guide, I will teach you how to transfer pictures from Samsung to Samsung with 5 extremely simple methods.
Part 5: How can I transfer files from Samsung to Samsung via Bluetooth?
Bluetooth. This is the old version of wireless file transfer for Android phones and personal computers. This is an inefficient way to transfer files between Samsung phones. But if you are in a place where there is no stable Wi-Fi connection and you need to transfer a file from your Samsung Galaxy to the nearest Samsung phone, Bluetooth can help a lot.
- Turn on Bluetooth function on both Samsung devices on Android notification screen.
- Pair two nearby Samsung phones with each other using a password to establish a connection.
- On your Samsung source device, select the target file such as contact, picture, video, note, etc.
- Click on the Share button and select Bluetooth.
- Select target Samsung phone to send files.
- On the target Samsung device, accept the files and the files will be transferred from the Samsung phone to the other.
Now you can transfer data from Samsung to Samsung easily, no matter which method you prefer, switching data between Samsung Galaxy phones wirelessly or via USB cable is no longer a difficult task.
How to Transfer Files between Samsung Phone and Computer?
[2 Solutions] How to Access iCloud Photos from Android Device
How to Transfer Photos from Android to Android
Samsung File Transfer for Mac. how to transfer Samsung files to Mac?
Samsung Galaxy Recovery. How to Recover Deleted Files from Samsung Galaxy in 2019?
send photos from Samsung to Samsung via Bluetooth or WI-FI
If you only have a few photos to transfer, you can also use the Bluetooth or Wi-Fi features of your device, both built-in features in Samsung phones that allow you to transfer data wirelessly. Although Wi-Fi is faster than Bluetooth, both solutions work the same. Although, if you have a lot of photos to transfer, I would not recommend this method as it will be time consuming. To learn how to send photos from Samsung to Samsung wirelessly, follow these steps.
First, unlock both devices and go to Settings Bluetooth to enable this feature. Place them in close proximity, find nearby devices and pair them via Bluetooth.
Alternatively, you can also go to their Wi-Fi Settings and turn on the Wi-Fi Direct option as well. Find the target phone on the source device and establish a secure connection.
Fine! Once both devices are connected, go to the Photos or Gallery app on your old device. From here, simply select the photos you want to share and click on the Share icon.
Select Bluetooth or Wi-Fi directly from the options available here and transfer images from one Samsung device to another Samsung device. Receive incoming data on the target device to complete the process.
- Extremely time consuming
- Users have to manually select photos to transfer
- It is not recommended to move all photos at once
5 Best Ways to Transfer Data from Samsung to Samsung in 2019
How to Import Photos from Samsung to PC with USB Cable
If you don’t want to download any apps to your computer or Samsung phone, then how to transfer pictures from Samsung phone to computer? It’s impossible? Relax and get yourself a USB cable.
Connect Samsung to PC
First, you need to connect your Samsung device to PC with a USB cable.
Find your device on your computer
When the connection is established, go to “This PC” (or “My PC”) and you will see your phone as internal memory on your computer.
Go to the DCIM folder
Then go to the DCIM folder on the hard drive of your Samsung device. Enter the folder, click “Photos” and select the photos you are going to copy.
Copy photos and paste to PC
After all, you need to copy the photos you want to transfer and then paste them into a location on your computer.
MobileTrans. Telephone transfer
Transfer Photos from Samsung to Samsung
- MobileTrans is extremely easy to use with an intuitive interface that requires no technical background.
- It supports direct phone-to-phone data transfer for photos, videos, music, contacts, call logs, bookmarks, messages, notes and more.
- Users can first select the type of data they want to move before starting the process. You won’t run into compatibility issues when using it.
- It is compatible with 6000 different phone models and even supports cross-platform data transfer, for example, from iOS to Android (and vice versa).
- The data quality will remain 100% unchanged and will not be stored anywhere in between.
To learn how to transfer photos from Samsung to Samsung with one click, follow these instructions.
Launch the MobileTrans app on your Mac or Windows and select the phone transfer option from home.
Connect your old and new Samsung phones to the system with working USB cables and let the app detect them. Make sure the target and source phones are marked correctly, or use the flip button to make the appropriate changes.
Now choose which data you want to move. If you want to transfer pictures from Samsung to Samsung, please enable the Photos section and click the Start button.
Sit back and wait a few minutes for the app to transfer photos from Samsung to Samsung. Once the process is complete, you will receive a notification and can safely remove both devices.
- Solution for fast one-click data transfer, no additional work required.
- Also supports cross-platform data transfer (e.g. from iOS to Android)
- Supports all major data types
- It needs to be installed on your computer.