How much memory is in the iPhone. box
IPhone storage is indicated on the box. 32Gb and 16Gb
You read about physical memory, but many are also interested in the amount of RAM, which can be found here. How much RAM is in an iPhone.
Free and Used Memory. iOS firmware
If the iPhone is activated and the first time it is turned on, then go to the application:
- Settings. General. About this device. Memory capacity and Available
Here you will see the total memory capacity and the available (free for writing) memory. In the latest firmware, the iPhone Storage section has appeared, it is located here:
- Settings. General. iPhone Storage
The storage displays not only the total and used memory, here you can see what the iPhone’s memory is used for, and below which application takes up how much space. In this section, you can immediately free up memory by cleaning unnecessary programs using uninstall.
You can completely clear the iPhone memory using. full reset, or simply delete applications that you can do without.
Where to see iPhone storage capacity
What is the memory in the iPhone doing. look in the iOS settings
When buying iPhone phones, a potential user is interested in the main technical characteristics, one of such parameters is the device’s memory. IPhone persistent memory is used to store your files, its size affects how much music, videos, applications, etc. will fit in the phone. Measured so far in Gigabytes (Gb).
Today I will show you the places where you can see the memory capacity of almost any Apple iPhone model. The post will be useful for buyers of new or used (used) phones. You will also find out how much memory is occupied, what it is used for and how much free space is left for recording.
Watching iPhone memory in iTunes
You can view the amount of storage on your iPhone in iTunes
Another way to find out how much total memory is using the iTunes computer program:
- We connect our iPhone to the computer using the supplied cable, if the cable is not native, then preferably certified
- Run the iTunes program on the computer
- In the program, click the iPhone icon. Overview. look at the iPhone memory capacity
In the case of iTunes, you will have to round off, for example, if it shows 29.8 GB, then this is a model with 32 GB of memory. Using the listed methods, you can see how much memory is in the iPhone 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and in other models. Also in iPod Touch and iPad tablets.
How to find out how much free space is left on your iPhone?
Follow the path “Settings”. “General”. “About this device”. In the subsection “About this device” find the lines “Capacity” and “Available”. The line “Capacity” indicates how much of the total ROM memory on the iPhone, and opposite “Available” is the number of free gigabytes.
How to see your entire call history on iPhone?
View and delete call history on iPhone
- Open the Phone app and tap Recents to view a list of recent calls.
- Click “Change”.
- Delete the entire call history or a specific call. To erase all call history, tap “Clear”, then tap “Clear all recent”.
View Smartphone Traffic with Wireshark on the Same Network [Tutorial]
How to find out iPhone memory by IMEI?
- In the Phone application, after dialing the combination: #
- In the settings along the way: Settings. General. About device. IMEI.
- On the back of the iPhone box.
- On the back cover of the iPhone (for some models, the IMEI is printed on the SIM card tray).
How to see used traffic on iPhone?
To view the amount of cellular traffic consumed by individual system services, go to Settings Cellular Data or Settings Mobile Data. Scroll down to the bottom and select “System Services”.
How to determine the location of the phone by IMEI?
You can find it out in advance through the combination #. Since the IMEI is tied to the device slot, a phone with two SIM cards will have 2 identifiers. In addition, you will find the IMEI on the packaging from under the phone or on the warranty card. The IMEI number will help if your phone is stolen and you will be looking for it through the police.
How to limit internet traffic on iPhone?
On iOS, you just need to download a third-party app from the App Store. The free Traffic Monitor utility is just one of them. On Android, you can restrict data transfer as follows: go to “Settings. Data usage. Set limit”.
How to remove traffic restriction on iPhone?
To disable the limit, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app and scroll down to the iTunes Store and App Store.
- In the “Cellular Data” section, select “Applications”.
- Select “Always Allow”.
What does the current period mean in the iPhone?
The item “Current period” displays how many gigabytes you have received and transferred over the mobile Internet. Below is a table with all your applications and the amount of traffic that they have eaten. Digits can be manually reset, so they are not erased when transferring a backup to another iPhone.
How long is the call history stored on the iPhone?
Information about incoming and outgoing calls made by owners of Apple smartphones is automatically saved in iCloud. As the experts of the Russian company Elcomsoft found out, the call log is stored in the cloud for up to four months.
How to find out what is eating traffic on iPhone?
How to find out which application is “eating” traffic on the iPhone
- Opening the settings.
- Go to the item “Cellular”.
- We analyze statistics and, if necessary, restrict programs’ access to the cellular network.
How to turn on 4G on iPhone?
On iPhone, go to Settings Cellular Data Options and click Turn LTE On, or go to Settings Mobile Data and click Turn LTE On. May 21, 2019.
How to make only 4g work?
- After opening the application, you need to write in the search “about the device” select “settings” then “device information”.
- After that you need to select “view”
- The settings will open in the column “set preferred network type” and select “LTE only”
Information about cached files in the Other category
The Finder and iTunes categorize cached music, videos, and photos as Other, rather than adding them to their respective folders. Cached files are created when streaming or viewing music, videos, and photos. When streaming music or video, content is stored as cached files so that you can quickly access it again.
When more space is needed, the device automatically deletes cached and temporary files.
If the actual storage on your device differs from the one listed in iTunes or Finder
Because the Finder and iTunes categorize cached files as Other, the size of the Music and Videos folders may differ. To view the data on the used memory of the device, go to the menu “Settings” “General” “Storage [device]”.
Recent Комментарии и мнения владельцев
All rights reserved © 2016 How to set up ?! A blog about operating systems, routers, mobile devices and programs
If you have a device with a large amount of memory, then you probably do not often want to know how much more you can download games or take pictures. For those who have a 16 GB iPhone, and, in principle, with any amount of memory, the topic is always relevant: “How can you see how much memory is left on the iPhone?”.
No matter what year your phone is or what operating system you have, it happens the same everywhere. Therefore, today’s instructions are suitable for both the sixth iPhone and the fourth or fifth.
There are two ways to see the amount of free memory on your smartphone: on the phone itself and using iTunes.
How to see how much memory is used in iCloud
Also, it will be equally important to know how much memory to occupy in the iCloud cloud storage.
How to see the amount of used iCloud storage on iPhone:
- In the Settings app go to Username.
- Then go to the iCloud section.
As in iTunes, you will see a multi-colored bar-scale with file types and their occupancy in the cloud storage.
How to see the amount of used memory in iCloud cloud storage:
In this section, you will see the fullness of the iCloud cloud storage in a color strip, which will show how much and what data the memory is occupied.
Share in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев what cloud storage you use?
Where to see iPhone storage capacity
What is the memory in the iPhone doing. look in the iOS settings
When buying iPhone phones, a potential user is interested in the main technical characteristics, one of such parameters is the device’s memory. IPhone persistent memory is used to store your files, its size affects how much music, videos, applications, etc. can fit into the phone. Measured so far in Gigabytes (Gb).
Today I will show you the places where you can see the amount of memory of almost any model of Apple iPhone. The post will be useful for buyers of new or used (used) phones. You will also find out how much memory is occupied, what it is used for and how much free space is left for recording.
If you have the opportunity to visit the iPhone settings, you can get the data about the storage size in this way.
Open the settings on your smartphone. Select the “General” section.
If you want to know the level of free space on your phone, you need to open the item “iPhone Storage” in the “General” section.
Pay attention to the upper area of the window: here you will find information about how much storage is occupied by various types of data. Based on this data, you can summarize how much free space is still available to you. In the event that there is critically little free space left on the smartphone, you should spend time cleaning the storage from unnecessary information.
How to see how much memory is on iPhone (iPhone 4S, 5S, 6)
Many owners of Apple mobile gadgets actively use their devices: install programs, download music, movies and games. And this happens until it suddenly turns out that there is simply not enough memory on the iPhone. And how to check the phone memory. free space, occupied space, etc many users just don’t know. And uncontrolled use ultimately leads to the complete cluttering of the phone or tablet with old games or already watched films. In order not to go to extremes and not see the message “Out of memory” or “Memory full”. you need to monitor the free space and remove unnecessary content in a timely manner. In this post I will tell you how to see how much memory is on your iPhone or iPad.
To do this, you need to go to the device settings and select the Basic section:
Click on the subsection About this device and get all the available information about your iPhone or iPad, including the available memory:
The Capacity line displays the total amount of iPhone memory, and the Available line displays the free space available for installing programs or downloading music and movies.
How to find out your MTS number Setting up a router through http://192.168.0.1 OK.RU login to Odnoklassniki 192.168.1.1 login to router settings Sberbank Online personal account Error 651 Windows 7 VK login to My page Cracking WI-FI password How to open an intercom without key Login to the site Photocountry Broadcasts Periscope Online How to solve error 678
How to view traffic consumption on iPhone
Please advise how to monitor traffic on iPhone. I need to set the limit clearly and be notified as I use it Denis
You can monitor traffic directly in the iOS settings. To do this, on the first day of the billing period (month), go to Settings. Cellular and reset statistics.
This will be the most accurate and reliable counter, but, unfortunately, the system does not allow setting limits and displaying notifications.
Operator app can be used. All relevant programs will clearly monitor traffic, but with a slight delay. The application does not take into account the data on its own, but only receives statistics from the operator. In some cases, you can even limit exceeding the limit.
The most convenient means of monitoring network traffic are third-party applications from the App Store. We recommend using Traffic Monitor.
The utility flexibly sets a limit for a specified period, you can shift the boundaries of the reporting period and display several notifications when the set thresholds are exceeded. The main thing. do not forget to give the program all the necessary permissions on the first launch.
For clarity, you can also display the widget. Unfortunately, this method will be the least accurate, iOS is a closed system and does not allow third-party applications to receive all the necessary statistics.
Set a limit with a margin, and after a month check it with the operator’s statistics and correct it in the right direction.
The question of how to reduce the consumption of mobile traffic on a smartphone or tablet is one of the most popular user requests. Tariffs of home operators allow not much control over where MB of traffic is spent. The whole picture changes when we have a trip, and in roaming you have to pay for each MB.
Here are some tips on how to control mobile traffic consumption for iPhone:
Tip 1. Learn to track traffic consumption on your smartphone To understand how traffic is spent, you need to know how many MB and where it was spent per day, week, month. iOS automatically counts traffic for the entire period of operation of the gadget. Settings → Cellular → Checking traffic statistics by applications
To check the traffic consumption for a week / month, you will need to select the “Reset statistics” option and check the data at the end of this period.
Tip 2. Turn off applications that consume a lot of traffic Here, in the “Cellular data” section, you can find traffic statistics for each individual application. The iOS system provides the most detailed information in KB / MB. Apps that consume the most internet connection can be turned off while traveling. Of course, if you do not need to be online all the time in them.
Tip 3. Disable all instant messengers Is the readiness to communicate with the representatives of your contacts list really so important that you do not worry about paying for traffic? If not, turn off instant messengers and connect only with available Wi-Fi. Thus, you will not receive notifications about calls and messages, but this will significantly save mobile Internet traffic.
Tip 4. Turn off iCloud Drive sync Storing documents and files in the cloud is important and necessary. But, you can also carry out synchronization using, for example, Wi-Fi in the room, and not the mobile Internet. By doing this, you can save several tens of MB and spend them on calls to your loved ones. Settings → Cellular and at the very bottom put the iCloud Drive switch to the off position.
Tip 5. Block automatic downloads from the iTunes Store and App Store It is clear that applications need updates, but you do not have to pay for them with mobile traffic in roaming. Settings → iTunes Store, App Store and disable cellular traffic (switch Cellular data) for automatic downloads.
Tip 6. Save articles and books from Safari to IBooks A great way to save all the articles you need in the library and read them later without re-downloading. You don’t need third-party apps for this, Safari can handle this feature. Step-by-step instruction:
Tip 7. Turn off application notifications Do you need to receive many notifications, just to close them. After all, each of them requires a mobile Internet to download. Settings → Notifications and disable unnecessary notifications (switch Allow notifications), leaving only the necessary ones.
Tip 8. Block automatic updating of mailboxes By default, iOS constantly checks information on all attached addresses and downloads new letters to the smartphone’s memory. Settings → Accounts and Passwords → Data Download. Disable Push and set an update for all our mailboxes Manually or, as a last resort, the maximum value of the allowable MB consumption during Fetch.
Tip 9. Disable Wi-Fi Assist The system automatically turns off the weak Wi-Fi signal and connects the cellular connection to download data. Sometimes, you may not even notice that the iPhone is using cellular data. Settings → Cellular → scroll down the page to the option “Wi-Fi Assist” → set it to Off.
Tip 10. Disable background application updates Even if you are not using an application, it can still consume traffic in the so-called “background” mode. You can stop the process by moving the “Content Update” switch along the Settings → General → Content Update.
Spending just a few minutes on the implementation of these recommendations, you can save MB of mobile Internet in roaming. Your convenient and fast travel companion. TEZ Telecom SIM cards. Stay connected!
If you use mobile Internet on your iPhone, then most likely you have a limited one. How easy and convenient it is to keep track of the spent megabytes so as not to pay the operator several times more for traffic?
There are several ways to easily control the Internet:
IOS provides this feature. This will definitely be the easiest way. Go to Settings. Cellular. Cellular tariff statistics. Every month, the statistics must be reset to zero, so as not to remember the numbers at the beginning of each month. There are no notifications when the limit has been reached, which is also bad. But it is in every iPhone and iPad, it works in the background, there are statistics for each application separately.
Through an operator Almost every good operator has a website with a user’s personal account. All your most accurate statistics are there. velcomMTSlife 🙂
Through the operator’s mobile application. There are even fewer mobile operators, but it is more convenient than a site with a personal account. velcomMTS
Third-Party Applications The AppStore offers both paid and free programs for tracking device traffic. Some come with widgets right away, which is very convenient. As a rule, they reset statistics every month, notify that the limit has been reached. Much can be easily customized.
Recover messages via iCloud
The original purpose of iCloud was to allow a user to log into an account from any Apple device and have access to their media. So, every year buying a new iPhone, many simply log into their Apple ID account and through iCloud download all their files from the last gadget in a couple of minutes.
To have access to iCloud, you need to create an Apple ID account
As is the case with iTunes, the user should first make sure that the backup function is enabled on the iPhone. To do this, step by step is enough:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select the first menu “Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes Store”.
- Find the “iCloud” section.
- Then click “Storage Management”.
Here you can see all the subsections that are included in the backup. If opposite to the item “Messages” it means that it contains several MB of information, then you will get the lost messages.
Now all that remains is to figure out how to recover and view deleted messages on iPhone:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Then in the menu “Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes Store”.
- Section “iCloud”.
- Scroll down to “Backup”.
- In it, look at the possible dates of the “backup”.
Now you need to reset the settings to factory settings:
- Return to “Settings”.
- Item “Basic”.
- Followed to the section “Reset”.
- Select “Reset content and settings”.
After that, re-authorize your Apple ID, go to “Backup”, select a date and restore. It usually takes about 20 minutes depending on the amount of data.
Note! On iPhones with iOS 9.0 and older, for example, on the five S, SE and 6 plus, the names of the subsections may differ slightly. But the principle itself remains the same.
Primo iPhone Data Recovery
When files categorically do not want to be restored through iTunes, this program will help. The technology is as follows:
- Install the utility on your computer.
- Connect to PC iPhone.
- Start scanning process. To do this, click on “Next” in the main menu of the program.
- Wait for the analysis results.
- Check out the files Primo iPhone Data Recovery was able to find for recovery.
- Find the “Messages” tab.
- Select the messages you want to return with checkmarks.
- Click “Recover”.
An important advantage of the utility is the ability to log in to your iCloud through the program and “pull out” only those files that you need. This way, you can avoid a factory reset.
Note! Some tabs are limited in recovery by a paid subscription.
Why SMS on iPhone may go missing
For starters, it is worth noting because of what the dialogues abruptly disappear from the iPhone. All the more so if it happens systematically. There may be several reasons:
- the available memory for storing correspondence has run out. Thanks to the multimedia attachment function, dialogs can accumulate up to several gigabytes in a short time. As a result, the system has no choice but to delete all messages on the iPhone. The cleaning date is set in the gadget settings;
- malware and third party controls. Although iOS is considered the most reliable operating system, there is no way to defend against viruses. Also, attackers can establish remote control over a smartphone and correspondence if its owner opened third-party links;
- the user has reset the settings to factory settings without taking care of the backup;
- incorrect firmware update or use of Jailbreak.
The branded iPhone app boasts an extensive list of features
Note! IPhone with iOS 8 and above can automatically delete messages.
How to View Deleted Messages on iPhone
For people using a smartphone as a work tool, it will be extremely unpleasant news to lose all business correspondence at one point. Nevertheless, this happens quite often. But there are several ways how to recover deleted SMS on iPhone in iMessage app.
Is it possible to recover deleted messages on iPhone
The amount of information lost forever depends on several factors. Basic:
- how long has the smartphone been used after the loss of the SMS. The sooner the owner starts to restore messages, the more he will be able to “pull”;
- whether backup was enabled in iCloud settings;
- how crowded the cloud storage is;
- whether the smartphone was synchronized with the PC;
- whether the owner of the smartphone used “backups” when connecting to a PC and using iTunes.
Can you recover deleted SMS on iPhone? Definitely yes. If there is at least some backup or synchronization, something can be restored.
Recover messages via iTunes
Before viewing deleted messages on iPhone via iTunes, it is important to remember the last time the user connected the phone to the computer. If such interaction did not occur, you can immediately proceed to the next section.
For those who dropped files through a proprietary program, there is a chance to recover data as follows:
- Connect iPhone to Computer.
- Launch iTunes.
- In the utility, click on the phone icon.
- Go to the “Overview” tab.
- Select “Recover from a copy”.
The section usually has several dates on which the backup was made. You can choose any of the proposed ones. After that, you just need to confirm the operation and wait until the data is copied to the smartphone.
iTunes can also be installed on a Windows PC
Important! This method is possible only when the automatic “backup” function is enabled in the utility settings.
To enable automatic backups, each time you connect your iPhone to the program, you need to find the “Automatic backups” item in the same “Overview” tab and put a checkmark next to it.
View deleted messages on iPhone through third-party programs
These are far from the only ways to view deleted messages on iPhone. In addition to them, there are special programs that work when in contact with a PC or while connected to the Internet. These utilities are able to “pull” more information without enabling “backups” and other conditions.
Note! They are best used only when absolutely necessary, since they are all created by third-party developers. Officials are not responsible for the use of these programs. But it should be said that you can always use the factory reset function.
Consider a few programs that have received the highest user ratings. These will be Primo iPhone Data Recovery, iSkysoft Toolbox and Enigma Recovery.
Codes and combinations for checking iPhone
All of the above points are only indirect signs that the device is being monitored. You can confirm or deny your suspicions by dialing certain codes.
Note! Checking is carried out using the usual keyboard of the device.
How to check an iPhone for wiretap by entering a combination of numbers:
- #. checks for current call waiting;
- #. will help to establish the IMEI. code of this device;
- # is one of the most useful combinations. With its help, you can get information if someone has requested details of calls and SMS-messages;
- #. displays data about services serving a specific iPhone;
- #. if redirection occurs, this command will show it. In addition, the number to which the calls are transferred will be indicated;
- ##. if redirection is detected using this combination, it will be possible to disable it. Accordingly, calls will be made only from a specific device;
- # 30. caller ID for incoming calls.
Despite the simplicity, the combinations presented above are working, and most importantly, convenient. With their help, you can easily protect your phone from other people’s intrusions.
Important! It is not recommended to use codes too often. The problem is that not all operators are familiar with these command sets. Frequent activation is suspicious and may lead to blocking of the number.
Find and eliminate the source of wiretapping on iPhone
How to understand that a mobile phone is being tapped? Of course, first of all it is worth paying attention to the fact that personal information suddenly appears in the “wrong hands”. Of course, you might think that someone is deliberately disclosing the data, but a tracking program or device should not be ruled out either.
Before proceeding, it is worthwhile to analyze all the data and compare the facts once again. You can determine that a person is being watched through the phone by the following signs:
- information gets to unauthorized persons;
- iPhone suddenly started to shut down and restart spontaneously;
- Internet traffic consumption has increased significantly;
- sudden and spontaneous activation of GPS;
- the device is overheating;
- the amount of space on the phone has decreased;
- battery discharge is faster.
Note! Of course, all of these signs can be symptoms of something else, for example, the breakdown of the iPhone itself. As a test of the guess, you can diagnose using the codes presented earlier.
If the suspicions are confirmed, what should be done in this case? There are several options for actions that can be taken if a person is being tracked via an iPhone:
- check your device for viruses and unwanted programs;
- save the necessary information on a PC, a second SIM card and completely format the device. In other words, reset the settings to factory defaults;
- use special programs designed for Apple devices. These include Android IMSI-Catcher Detector and CatcherCatcher. These programs will help protect your mobile phone from connecting to false databases. With the help of EAGLE Security, you can see a complete list of applications that have access to the microphone, camera, etc.;
- Darshak system will help track unusual iPhone activity.
You can check your phone for wiretapping yourself
Possible signs of wiretapping on iPhone
So how do you know if a phone is being tapped, for example, an iPhone? In fact, surveillance and eavesdropping programs rarely manifest themselves on a device in an explicit format. You can only pay attention to some minor points that will help to identify the harmful “bug”.
How to know if a mobile phone is being tapped. iPhone:
- the battery charge lasts significantly less. It is worth paying attention to the fact that the battery of the device is overheating, and this is a bad sign. If the battery suddenly starts to drain quickly, this is a reason to think. The thing is that spyware runs in the background and consumes a lot of energy;
- strange (unusual) behavior of the phone is observed. It can be constant freezing, periodic shutdowns, etc. Such actions look especially unusual on new iPhones;
- when talking with a person in the receiver there are extraneous sounds, noises;
- sudden interference should be of particular concern. If the smartphone is lying next to the speakers, and the latter suddenly begin to make noise, as if receiving an SMS message, this is already a weighty cause for concern. If spyware is indeed installed on the device, it is most likely transmitting data at that moment;
- long connection with the subscriber or termination of the conversation. As a rule, most listening programs take time to wedge themselves into someone else’s conversation, hence the delays;
- high traffic consumption. Currently available espionage programs are often designed so that they accumulate information and then transmit it over Wi-Fi. If a person uses the Internet connection as usual, and traffic is still heavily consumed, it is worth considering. For the sake of interest, you can look at the Wi-Fi statistics, through it, working third-party applications that consume traffic are identified;
- suspicious SMS. Messages containing incomprehensible alphanumeric texts can be encrypted commands for wiretapping. To check your guess, it is recommended to rearrange the SIM-card to which such SMS comes to another (push-button) phone. If the distribution does not stop, then, most likely, the device is “under the hood”.
There are many signs of wiretapping on iPhone
Can law enforcement eavesdrop on iPhone
Before you figure out how to determine the wiretapping of a mobile phone on the iPhone, it is worth finding out whether it is legal or not. If the conversation is about law enforcement agencies, then the answer will not be so unambiguous.
Wiretapping on iPhone is possible and quite common
For your information! In accordance with Federal Law 26 “On Communications”, cellular operators are obliged to provide all the necessary information to authorized bodies engaged in operational-search activities.
In this case, data on calls, SMS-messages and the like are provided. But as for the direct wiretapping of equipment, the operators in this case cannot always help.
At the moment, law enforcement agencies can listen to a person’s conversations not only if he has an iPhone, but also another mobile device. This is done using the SORM system.
Important! Wiretapping by law enforcement agencies can only be established if there is an appropriate court decision.
All of the above applies exclusively to legal activities. However, now there are a large number of spyware programs that are installed on a smartphone and allow you to listen to the conversations of another person (subordinate or spouse).
The peculiarity of such programs is that they can be used to record and then listen to conversations, intercept SMS messages, etc. In addition, the user can copy phone numbers from the address book of another subscriber. Needless to say, such actions are illegal? That is why it is worth figuring out how to check an iPhone for wiretapping in order to prevent interference with personal space.
Wiretapping by law enforcement agencies is carried out only by a court decision
How to check iPhone for wiretap. codes and combinations
Can I listen to another person’s iPhone? Yes, you can. In the modern world, there are even special programs designed for this. How to find such a “pest” and what to do then, is discussed later in the article.
How to protect your iPhone from possible wiretapping
Speaking about banal protection from other people’s encroachments, it is worth noting that there are a lot of ways. First of all, it is recommended to adhere to the simplest rules:
- do not transfer the device to strangers, if possible, keep it with you;
- do not open links coming from unknown numbers;
- closely monitor the sites that are visited. If not a wiretap program, then an unpleasant virus can always be picked up;
- do not tell unauthorized persons the password.
Important! When it comes to setting a password, you shouldn’t take it lightly. It is best to use a finger or face scan. As a last resort, it is recommended to come up with a rather complex password that cannot be simply guessed.
Password as protection is the best way to prevent possible wiretapping
Listening programs are not a myth, but a very real phenomenon. Therefore, you should treat your confidential information responsibly. Adhering to simple tips, you can protect yourself, but if the “bug” is still installed, it can be calculated and eliminated.
How to find out how much memory is left on your iPhone?
The functionality of modern iPhones is very wide, however, in order to use many functions (for example, “Live Photos”), you need free memory. In this article, we will tell you about the easiest ways to take control of ROM space on iPhone.
Owners of iPhones with 128 or 256 GB do not have to worry that the gadget’s memory is full. they need to try very hard to “fill” the entire space. But the owners of devices with 16 or 32 GB can only sympathize. such small volumes of built-in memory do not allow using modern devices “to the fullest.”.
It will not be possible to expand the memory of “apple” gadgets if necessary. everyone knows that MicroSD flash drives are not installed in iPhones. Therefore, the owner of a device with a small amount of ROM must take disk space under tight control. he cannot afford to store unnecessary applications or photos from a long-forgotten picnic on his iPhone. And of course, he should periodically check how much free space on the iPhone is left. This check can be done in 2 ways.
How to find out how much memory is left on iPhone via iTunes?
To check memory through iTunes, you need to follow these steps:
Connect the device to the PC with a USB cable and start the media combine.
Go to the device management menu by pressing this button:
Pay attention to the multi-colored bar at the bottom of the screen. It reflects the state of memory of the gadget.
By hovering the mouse cursor over the segments of different colors, you can find out how much memory is used for data of one type or another (programs, music, documents).
Free space is reflected by a gray segment.
How to see the memory on the iPhone through the “Settings”?
Checking memory through “Settings” is the fastest way. Proceed as follows:
Follow the path “Settings”. “General”. “About this device”.
In the subsection “About this device” find the lines “Capacity” and “Available”.
The line “Capacity” indicates how much of the total ROM memory on the iPhone, and opposite “Available” is the number of free gigabytes.
Do not be alarmed by the fact that the total amount of memory is slightly less than stated by the manufacturer. iPhone does not count the space occupied by the iOS system folder.
If you are curious about where the memory went, you can go to the “Statistics” subsection located in the “General” section.
The subsection “Statistics” also indicates the amount of free and occupied space. In addition, there is a kind of layout here, from which it becomes clear which applications consume the most megabytes.
In our example, it is obvious that the overwhelming share of the occupied space falls on the music collection.
The method of checking memory through iTunes is by no means preferable: the user must look for a USB cable and run the media combine on the computer in order to get an uninformative report. It is much easier to check memory through the “Settings”: such analysis does not require access to a computer and at the same time is able to please the user with the most detailed results.
IPhone Consumption Tracking
First, you need to determine if the problem exists on your device. To do this, you need to find out how much traffic was used per month and how much it arrived (according to your tariff plan).
All the necessary data can be found by following the instructions:
- “Settings. cellular communication. tariff statistics”.
- In the section it is necessary to study the information “Current period”.
However, there is one problem. The operating system remembers all traffic used during the period of the phone’s operation, therefore it is recommended to reset traffic statistics once a month. The button required for this can be found at the very bottom of the page. But there is also an easier way:
- You can just download a special application for traffic accounting.
- With its help, you can always quickly find out how much traffic has been consumed.
Disable Cellular Data
This applies to those who travel a lot outside the home region or those who have a small supply of monthly traffic. In this case, there is absolutely no need to look for gluttonous applications or try to somehow reduce the consumption of Internet traffic in another way. You just need to turn off cellular data transmission. And when you need the Internet, you can always turn this function back on again.
Data speed in notification panel in iPhone | Internet speed viewer in iPhone
Next, you just need to press the switch (toggle switch).
Limiting social networks and messengers
Almost every smartphone owner regularly uses social networks and instant messengers:
- In contact with.
All of them have become an integral part of our life. Of course, there is no point in completely limiting them, because users pay for traffic specifically for these applications. But there is another solution.
Apps like Instagram and can be restricted to using cellular data, but you can leave them connected via Wi-Fi. Thus, you will always be in touch with people close to you through WhatsApp (or other less “gluttonous” applications), and you will turn on expensive social networks only when you connect Wi-Fi.
Disable iPhone wasting apps
First, you need to see how much traffic each specific application spends. This can be done in the “CELLULAR DATA” section. The operating system shows how much each application spent in units:
Finding the applications that “eat” the most traffic is not difficult. In the same section, with one flick of your finger, you can safely disconnect from traffic those applications that, in your opinion, should not waste it.
The consumption of mobile Internet traffic on the iPhone: how to track and reduce?
Reducing the consumption of Internet traffic on the iPhone has become a fairly common problem in the modern world. People try to limit the traffic flow that is spent on third-party applications or unnecessary information as much as possible. How to solve this problem and reduce traffic consumption on the iPhone, and will be discussed below.
Other ways to save Internet traffic on the iPhone
In addition to the methods given above, there are many other solutions that will help you save traffic on your device:
- Disable iCloud. iCloud is an option that, in theory, should make life easier for the user. However, in reality, it turned out that everything is not so good. iCloud consumes a lot of Internet traffic, so in the settings you need to restrict the application to access cellular data.
- iTunes Store, App Store. Everything is simple here. Few people want automatic downloads from these two apps. Therefore, it would be more prudent to simply disconnect them from data transmission.
- Updating applications. If you want to save your bandwidth, then be sure to turn off background app updates. You only need to leave updates when the iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi. This can be done in the settings in the “Content update” section.
- Notifications. You can turn off notifications in the settings. Only the most important should be left, the rest should be turned off.
- Post office. In order to save traffic, it is recommended to disable automatic email updates.