Methods of saving information
There are many ways to save information to the cloud. The main types of storage are:
Each of the methods has its own advantages and disadvantages, which you need to understand before buying. In the first two cases, video cameras work remotely. Hard disk recording requires connection to a DVR, while cloud storage requires Internet access.
To SD memory card
The memory card is most commonly used in IP cameras. It has the following characteristics:
- Memory size.
- Movie speed. It also takes into account the compression method, image quality, the number of frames per unit of time.
The volume of the saved record also depends on the picture quality. The better the image, the more memory is needed to save it.
The memory card must be purchased separately. They are not included with the recorder.
- The cost.
- Deployment speed.
- Easy to install.
- A wide range of.
- High risk of loss.
- Small amount of memory.
- Short service life.
Cameras with a memory card are suitable for home video surveillance when the tenants of the apartment do not leave their home for a long time.
Into the cloud
Cloud storage is one of the most modern and promising ways of recording information. Cameras with recording to a remote server are increasingly used in domestic models. The device works using the Internet. The picture from the camera is transmitted to the server with the possibility of broadcasting on the Internet.
Thanks to remote servers, you can hear what is happening at the protected object, as well as talk with people on the other side of the camera.
It is possible to simultaneously connect to all servers from one device. Then on the screen you can watch online what is happening in several places. View can be accessed by both one person and a group of employees of the enterprise or all its visitors.
The advantages include high data security, a wide range, the ability to view records from anywhere and a large amount of memory. Disadvantages. Internet access costs and low bandwidth.
CCTV cameras with recording function
Most modern recording devices have a video saving function. But usually such devices are understood as IP cameras. They are computers to which video and sound elements are connected.
To USB stick
Saving information to a USB flash drive is similar to writing to a memory card. They differ in the way they are installed and in the amount of memory. The card is inserted into the body of the device, and the USB is connected to the corresponding connector.
- Remove the drive from the camera.
- Connect USB to Computer.
How to Backup a CCTV Footage From DVR | 8K TECH
The saved files need to be transferred to the PC.
Recommendations: what mistakes to avoid
- Even when drawing up the protocol, the owner of the camera must provide detailed information about the type of device, the method and location of its installation, characteristics and certification data. If there is not enough space, ask for additional sheets, as this information will help to prove the authenticity of the material in the future.
- Do not keep the videotape. You need to transfer the material into the hands of a specialist as soon as possible. If for some reason this cannot be done, then you have only one way out. a safe deposit box.
- Do not rewrite a digital recording onto a cassette. this may raise suspicions about its authenticity.
Grounds for accepting video recording as evidence in court
It does not matter for the court in what medium the document was presented (paper, digital). For the court to accept the video as evidence, it must meet the following requirements:
- Be authentic. The document will definitely be thoroughly checked by experts to establish its authenticity.
- Be legally obtained. This is one of the main legal requirements. Proof must be obtained without wrongdoing. Unconditionally, the court accepts for consideration those videos that were made in the framework of professional activities. If we are talking about fixed cameras installed on a private territory by the decision of the local leadership, then the video can be accepted as evidence, but it will have to undergo a rigorous examination for authenticity.
- To be relevant, that is, to really prove some fact that is directly related to the precedent in question.
The most difficult thing in this matter is to undergo an examination for authenticity.
How video is authenticated
If experts find traces of “gross” falsification, then the material will not be studied further, and in the conclusion, experts will indicate that the record is fake. If no obvious traces of an intentional change in the record are found during the initial check, then the experts will proceed to a deeper analysis.
First of all, specialists who verify the authenticity of a recording pay attention to the so-called legalization time. This is the period between the date the materials were presented to the court and the date when the video was filmed. During the check, experts, using special equipment and special techniques, try to create the same record, that is, determine the possibility of its forgery.
As a result of these experiments, in practice, they determine the approximate time that would be required to make a forgery, and the list of equipment required for these actions. Experts take as a basis the time it would take for cybercriminals to fake a video and compare it with the legalization period. If there was enough time to make a fake and it is generally possible to make it, then, alas, in the conclusion the authenticity will not be confirmed.
In simple words: it is easy to forge an old record of a year ago, therefore the examination will not consider it genuine due to the legalization period. If the material must be preserved at all costs, lawyers recommend putting the entry in a safe deposit box along with other evidence and opening it only by court order. This option is highly likely to save material if the real need for it arises too late. During the examination, three aspects will be verified:
- The first thing that the expert pays attention to during the check is the time binding. Each fragment on the video must be inextricably linked with a certain moment.
- The second nuance is location binding. To use the recording in court, it is copied to some medium from the camera. After these manipulations, it is better not to touch or move the video recording device again (do not change the height of the location, the angle of inclination, the field of view). During the examination, it may be necessary to remove the video device, so it should be placed in the same place as at the time of the shooting, which is now used in court. The task of experts in this case is to prove or disprove the fact that the actions were carried out by persons who at that moment could only be in this particular place, and not somewhere else.
- Recording duration. Everything is very simple here: the longer the video, the more difficult it is to fake it. Materials of short duration are more often branded with the conclusion “It is impossible to establish authenticity”.
To increase the likelihood of recognizing the video as genuine, you can place cameras on the territory in advance during the first installation so that the field of view of several of them overlaps. If there are many devices, then they can be “linked” in pairs. In the case of authenticity of the video recording, binding to the location will not raise questions when analyzing several recordings at once.
How to make the entry admissible evidence
To objectify the video, you need to fix the fact of its existence as soon as possible and minimize your own impact on the material:
- If you got into an accident and traffic police officers arrived at the scene, then pass the material on to them, but at the same time make sure that the fact of the transfer is recorded in the protocol. It is advisable to have a copy with you, just in case.
- The method mentioned earlier: put the entry in a safe deposit box and do not open it until the court itself requests it. The bank records all your visits, so it will be easy to prove that you have not touched the material.
- Show the tape to a few people who are not interested in the outcome of the case. They can subsequently act as witnesses.
- Post your video to social networks, blogs or forums. The publication time is recorded on any service, which can later be used in court.
If a law enforcement representative refuses to accept the video or record the fact of transmission in the protocol, be sure to ask him to repeat his refusal on the dictaphone, write down his data, invite witnesses and show the video to them. To use the video as admissible evidence, it is advisable to involve as many strangers as possible in watching it.
Just a few decades ago, there were isolated cases of using video recordings in court. Now it is difficult to find a person who would not use this or that recording device, and a car without a DVR is quite a rarity. If we analyze the judicial practice, then there will be good news for those who like to shoot videos; the materials can be counted among quite effective forms of self-defense. To do this, they need to be properly secured and handed over to a specialist in a timely manner.
How to delete video recording from a surveillance camera?
First you need to figure out on which device the video is still stored. And they can be completely different!
Where is the recording, filmed by a CCTV camera??
The archive can be stored on the camera itself, more precisely on a memory card that is connected to a digital video surveillance camera. Also, on an external hard drive, a card reader with a memory card, or on a regular flash drive. As a rule, a USB connector is used for connection. You can erase the video by removing the memory card and formatting it later.!
The recording archive can be stored in the cloud. To delete an entry from the cloud, you will need information to enter the cloud service (login and password). The most popular cloud services in Russia with the ability to archive video stream from surveillance cameras: Ipeye, Ivideon, Trassir cloud.
The recording can be done on a computer (hard disk). It means you need to get physical access to this PC, or data for remote connection to it. It is possible that the operating system account is password protected and login information will be required.
often than others, the recording from CCTV cameras is still on the hard drive of the DVR. You can delete the video by connecting to the recorder remotely from a computer (you need data for authorization) or by going to the recorder menu (local connection on the spot, with physical access to the recorder). In both cases, login information (login / password from the registrar) is required. Okay, we’ve connected to the DVR, what’s next? everything is simple: go to the hard disk management menu and format it (attention! formatting will delete information from all cameras). If the video needs to be erased in any case, and the username and password are not known, then you can remove the HDD from the recorder and clear it by connecting to a computer!
Summing up, I would like to add that any video camera or video surveillance system requires great care in relation to itself. A lot of additional sources and resources are just what the system needs to work well together. The fact of memory clogging due to numerous videos can also be attributed to the topic of special care.
As you can already understand, it is quite easy to cope with this problem, but nevertheless, even in such a simple job, you need to have some initial skills. We hope that we have presented all the material for which you have contacted us in an accessible language for you.
Steal / destroy the hard drive of the DVR
An effective way to get rid of evidence of an offense is to destroy its storage location. In our case, this is a video recorder. precisely, the hard drive stored in it. To destroy evidence, the criminal will need knowledge of the location of the registrar and the absence of obstacles on the way.
Such an event requires preparation: you need to visit the crime scene at least once in order to know where to look for the registrar and how to “negotiate” with the security. Upon successful completion of the case, the cover of the recorder is removed with a screwdriver and the hard drive inside is destroyed.
install the recorder in a safe guarded place. It is advisable to connect a gsm alarm in order to immediately receive data on the break-in of the premises where the registrar is located.
write data to the cloud server. This requires a stable internet connection and an additional budget, since this is a paid service. In other words, renting virtual storage from a video surveillance system manufacturer or a third-party developer. The data will be available to the owner through any device with the Internet (computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone).
In what cases it may be necessary to delete recordings from a CCTV camera
The recordings made by the video surveillance system have to be deleted for completely different reasons. They can depend on both the legislature and the personal attraction of the owner. For example, recordings from a video recorder have to be cleaned due to our own needs, because in this way we free up space for the next filming. In the case of video cameras for tracking, it is almost the same.
Here are some reasons why people tend to delete footage:
- Limited media space.
- No need for previously captured files.
- Corrupted / corrupted records.
Everything is extremely simple: in the first case, it all depends on the memory card (or other medium) and its size, in the second case, the need for files is lost, and in the third case, such materials get spoiled during the shooting itself. Yes, that happens too. Why store damaged and low-quality records?
CP Plus Transfer DVR Recordings to USB! Backup DVR to Pen Drive! How to Backup Cp Plus DVR
In most cases, video filming is carried out in a cyclical order and it makes no sense to forcefully delete the records. The new recording will be superimposed on the old one, and the old one will be automatically erased.
How to forcibly delete a recording from a CCTV camera?
To delete information from the media, you need to figure out on which device it is still stored, since they can be completely different.
Method-2. Deleting a cloud archive
The second method is a little easier, since you don’t have to search for any files here. How to erase a video recording from a CCTV camera through an archive in the cloud? Almost all you need is to remove the camera from the personal account of the ivideon server program, which is downloaded to your computer in advance. There is little left to do: just delete the entire or partial archive of the folder with the records. Done!
If your cameras are not connected to additional sources, but write records to SD cards, then the deletion of archived files will take place in a slightly different way. You have to transfer all the footage to a computer or laptop, and then just clean up those elements that you no longer see the need for. Do not forget to insert the memory card back into place so that the protected object does not remain unattended.
If the offender does not want to destroy the equipment and attract the attention of the guards, then the first idea is to close the camera’s view. Spray, cover with plasticine or chewing gum, restrict access with an opaque object.
set up an alert on loss of vision on a camera or DVR (equipped with this function). This means that if the camera is closed, the system informs the guard or the owner about it by means of the sound signal of the DVR, notification by e-mail or mobile communication;
cameras must “see” each other, that is, you need to install cameras so that they fall into each other’s field of view.