how to recover WhatsApp messages on iPhone
There are several ways to resave your WhatsApp chat to any iPhone. But, as practice shows, it is easier and faster to do this using a backup in iCloud. So, if you have not created a backup copy of WhatsApp correspondence in iCloud, then to create it, open the “Settings” of the WhatsApp application in the iPhone, click “Chats and calls”, “Copy” and click “Create a copy”.
Next, we install the WhatsApp application on the new iPhone, confirm the phone number (you cannot change it in this case), and the system will prompt you to restore the WhatsApp chat. We agree, and after that the backup copy of the correspondence will be automatically copied to the new smartphone.
Upon completion of the data recovery procedure, you can return to the application settings again and activate the automatic backup of the chat in iCloud, so that next time it will be even easier to transfer data.
how to recover WhatsApp messages to Android smartphone or tablet via computer
In Android models without memory card slots (and there are more and more of them), you can transfer chat history via a PC. a method, of course, ancient, but proven.
However, we first create a backup of the chats (see above). Only then we connect the smartphone to the computer using a USB cable. After Windows installs the necessary drivers, open Explorer, find your smartphone in the list of external devices, double-click it and carefully look for a folder named WhatsApp on the disk and copy it to your PC. Next, we disconnect the old smartphone, connect the new one and copy the WhatsApp folder to its memory. We disconnect the new smartphone from the computer, install WhatsApp, confirm the phone number and then the system should automatically “pick up” the copied backup copy of the chats.
how to recover WhatsApp messages to Android smartphone or tablet using SD card
In an Android device with SD card slots, the procedure for transferring WhatsApp history is also extremely simple. On an old Android smartphone, open WhatsApp, click “Settings”. “Chats and Calls”. “Chat backup”, after which the backup will be automatically created on the memory card. Then we remove the card from the old smartphone, install it in the slot of the new one, install and run WhatsApp on it (at the time of launching the application, the SD card must already be installed). WhatsApp will “see” the card and automatically copy the chat history from the backup.
How to restore WhatsApp chat on a new smartphone or tablet?
WhatsApp is a convenient and, most importantly, free way to communicate online. The only significant disadvantage of this messenger is that it stores content, that is, all the user’s correspondence, locally. in the memory of mobile devices, and not on remote servers. In this regard, every time a user transfers his WhatsApp account to a new smartphone or tablet, he has to think about how to restore WhatsApp messages, if not all, then at least an important part of the correspondence.
over, the success of the entire event directly depends on whether the user has the same old smartphone (or tablet) from which the data can be rewritten, or a backup copy of such data stored in a safe place (WA automatically saves a copy of the data once a day in device memory or on a card).
In the absence of a device or a backup from it, there will be nothing to restore WhatsApp messages, unfortunately.
In addition, transferring the history of correspondence to another operating system is also not an easy task (we will tell you about the solutions to which we will somehow tell you).
If the “old” smartphone from which you want to transfer the WhatsApp correspondence is at hand, and it is with the same operating system as the new one (that is, the transition from iOS to Android or vice versa is not planned), then the procedure for copying and restoring history WhatsApp won’t take long.
how to recover WhatsApp messages to Android smartphone or tablet via Google Drive
If you already use the Google Drive app and you have already set up the automatic WhatsApp backup function, then the procedure for transferring WhatsApp history from one Android device to another using this service is extremely simple.
However, we’d better recall where and how the auto-backup of WhatsApp chat history to Google Drive is configured:
- open WhatsApp;
- we tap “Menu”. “Settings”. “Chats and Calls”. “Chat backup“;
- click “Backup to Google Drive” and adjust the frequency of the backup;
- select your Google account (if you don’t have one yet, then you can immediately create it), where the data will be copied;
- click “Use” and select the network for backup.
The backup time will depend on the size of the chat. The first, as a rule, is created longer than the subsequent ones. In any case, before making copies, you need to check the battery charge level.
If you have an up-to-date backup of your WhatsApp chat, as we said, transferring WhatsApp history from one Android smartphone to another is a matter of technique. There are only two conditions: the same phone number and Google account that were previously used to create a backup. Further it is simple:
- install WhatsApp on a new smartphone (if the application was installed, then it should be removed and then reinstalled);
- we confirm the phone number and agree to the system’s proposal to restore history from a copy on Google Drive;
- after the completion of the recovery procedure, click “Next.” and your data will be restored.
Is it possible to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone?
Transfer via email
- Open WhatsApp on your Android device, go to Settings and tap Chat Settings.
- Select the WhatsApp conversation you want to transfer.
- Enter your email address and click “Submit”.
- Sign in to your iPhone mailbox.
How to keep WhatsApp messages when changing phone?
Open WhatsApp and select “Settings” in the upper right corner of the menu. In the “Chats” category you will find the item “Chats backup”. Click the “Save” button to save the current chat history.
How to transfer Viber backup from Android to iPhone?
- Open Viber.
- Open the screen
- Select “Settings”
- Select “Account”
- Select “Backup”
- Select “Create a backup”
- Wait while Viber backs up your data to iCloud (this will take some time)
Where deleted WhatsApp chats are stored?
On Android, WhatsApp stores messages encrypted in the phone’s memory. To find it, go to the root section of your device through the explorer and find the WhatsApp folder there. Inside there will be another directory called Databases. All correspondence and backups are stored here.
How to transfer a backup from Android to iPhone?
While setting up your new iOS device, open the Apps & Data screen. Then click on “Transfer data from Android”. (If you have already completed the setup, you will need to erase the iOS device and start over. If you don’t want to do this, simply transfer the content manually.)
How to Transfer WhatsApp Conversations from iPhone to iPhone?
How to transfer whatsapp from iPhone to iPhone?
- you need to go to Settings in the “General” item, from there. to the “iPhone Storage”, where make sure that there is enough free space to create a backup.
- It is also important to remember that from the new iPhone you will need to log into the same iCloud account from which the copy is made.
How to transfer all WhatsApp chats from Android to Android?
To transfer chats from one Android to another, follow these steps: First, back up your recent chats manually. Go to WhatsApp Menu Settings Chats & Calls Chat Backup or Chat Backup.
How to Recover Contacts from iTunes Backup?
If you regularly sync your iPhone with your computer via iTunes and create backups, it is almost impossible to permanently delete one, several, or all contacts from iPhone. They can be safely restored from a backup at any time.
- Connect iPhone to Computer and Launch iTunes.
- In the “Devices” menu, select your device model and go to the “Overview” tab.
- Click on the “Recover from a copy” button.
- If Find My iPhone is turned on on iPhone, you must turn it off before restoring it.
- Select the backup device for which you want to restore and click on “Restore”.
- Wait for the end of the restore from the backup.
After restoring iPhone from a backup, all changes since its creation will be canceled. IPhone contacts and call history will be restored.
Recover from Contacts to iCloud, Windows, Mac OS X or Microsoft Outlook
Contacts applications for Windows, Mac OS X and Microsoft Outlook allow you to unload (export) entries from the address book saved on your computer or on the iCloud server to the vCard format, which is fully supported by the iPhone. So, having a contact in vCard (file with the.vcf extension), you can download (import) it to Contacts on iPhone.
In the instruction “iPhone Contacts: Create, Import, Synchronize and Delete Contacts on iPhone” we have already talked about how to download the address book from Windows Contacts to iPhone and today we will restore a contact deleted from iPhone from the Windows Contacts application.
- On a Windows-based computer in Explorer or any other file manager, go to the path: \ Users \ (username) \ Contacts \ and select the contact you want to restore.
- In the navigation menu, click on “Export” and select the format “Business cards (folder with.vcf files)” and click “Export”.
- Select the folder where you want to save the contact in vCard format and click “OK”. The entry from the Windows Contacts address book will be extracted to the folder you specified.
- Email the exported file to iPhone.
- On iPhone, open the.vcf file received in the letter and tap on “Create new contact”.
The entry exported from Windows Contacts will be written to your iPhone’s phone book. For the Contacts applications in Mac OS X, the procedure is completely identical and there is no point in describing it again.
If the synchronization of contacts in iTunes is configured with Microsoft Outlook, the procedure for exporting a contact differs only in the location of the “Export” item in the main program menu. “File”. Export recordings in vCard format.
Recall if on your iPhone in Settings. iCloud is enabled for syncing contacts with Apple cloud storage, every time you connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi, iPhone content is synchronized with your Apple ID account in iCloud.
How to Recover Deleted Contacts on iPhone (from Backup, from iCloud, from Windows Contacts and Mac OS X)
How to recover contacts on iPhone if you deleted them by accident or by mistake? Recovering deleted contacts is quite simple and does not require any special skills. Today we will describe 4 ways to restore iPhone contacts: from backup, via iTunes and iCloud.
We already talked about how to create a contact on iPhone and how to import them into the iOS address book, and you could see that it is not so easy to permanently delete a contact. In most cases, with proper iPhone and iCloud setup, deleted contact can be recovered effortlessly.
Recover deleted contacts via re-sync with iCloud
The essence of the method is to turn off the sync of contacts with iCloud in the iPhone settings, while leaving the contacts on the iPhone (select the appropriate item) and re-enable sync.
- We will assume that immediately after deleting a contact, you disconnected the iPhone from the Internet via Wi-Fi, then iCloud will not make changes to the address book.
- On iPhone, go to Settings. iCloud and turn the “Contacts” switch to the “Disabled” position.
- In the menu that appears, “What do you want to do with previously synced items: iCloud contacts on iPhone“, select “Leave on iPhone”.
- Turn on W-Fi, connect your iPhone to the Internet, and slide the “Contacts” switch to Settings. iCloud to On.
- In the menu that appears “Your contacts will be merged with iCloud”, tap on “Merge”.
- After 2-3 minutes, check the phone book on the iPhone for the presence of a previously deleted entry.
You can still extract contacts from an iPhone backup without restoring it. For this, there is a special software (programs) that allows you to extract data from backups created in iTunes.
What to do if you deleted one, several or all contacts on iPhone?
Disconnect your Mac and iPhone from the internet first. This will avoid synchronous deletion of contacts from your address book in iCloud as a result of automatic syncing.
Export contacts from iCloud
- Go to the Contacts web app.
- Select the contact deleted from the iPhone and in the lower left corner click on the gear image “Show action menu”.
- On the action menu, click on “Export vCard”. The selected contact will be exported to a file and will become available in the downloads folder on your computer’s hard drive.
The downloaded file can be sent by email (as an attachment to the letter) on the iPhone, open it from the device and create a new contact instead of the deleted one.
Ways to Recover Deleted Contacts on iPhone
- restore from iTunes backup;
- recovery from Windows Contacts, Mac OS X or Microsoft Outlook (depending on the method of syncing contacts in iTunes);
- re-syncing with iCloud;
- extract iPhone contacts from backup using iBackupBot and iPhone Backup Extractor.
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Numbers
WhatsApp is a free chat and voice messaging application. With its help, users send photos and pictures, record video and audio files. Using the built-in search function, you can easily find any file. However, after a factory reset, information is often erased, and not all users know how to restore WhatsApp contacts. This can be done in different ways.
In devices running on the Android operating platform, there is an automatic transfer of information to the cloud storage. However, not all data can be saved. To solve this problem, add users manually.
Another way to add a contact to the phone book is to send a message asking to add as a friend.
The only way to get contacts back in the messenger is to restore the directory with phone numbers on your smartphone. This can be done easily if the device is backing up and saving files to the cloud. If this feature is not disabled, the user can restore the backup. After restarting the phone, all contacts will appear not only in the device, but also in the messenger.
Not all devices automatically upload information to cloud storage. Even those who can do this will not save the correspondence when the files are not on the smartphone.
Recovery via Google
If the phone is associated with a Google account and all the information has been saved there, then after deleting contacts, the user can easily return all names to the list. The information will be automatically added to the device when the account is opened.
All data that the system will transfer to the phone will be displayed in Vatsap. If names from the list are not visible, contacts are updated in the messenger.
The user can contact technical support. To do this, he must go to the official WhatsApp website. First, you need to pass a check, after which the system will prompt you to enter the code. It will be sent by SMS.
In this case, the user will receive a free recommendation. It concerns the use of additional applications that will improve the protection of personal data.
Instructions for recovering contacts in WhatsApp
All contacts of friends are saved in the phone memory. WhatsApp automatically recognizes them and then lists them. But when using the messenger, user data may be deleted. They cannot be restored using the settings and functions of the application. The only way to get the information back is to make a backup.
Copying the list of telephone numbers is carried out as follows:
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Find the item “System”, select “Backup”.
Data storage features
Almost everyone has encountered an account lockout situation. The reasons can be different: account hacking, violation of the rules. If the WhatsApp account is blocked, the ability to receive messages is also blocked. There is a great risk of losing contacts. Often, when restoring a profile, the list of contacts, as well as the correspondence, disappear. In order not to lose information, the user can resort to some tricks.
All contact information in the messenger is directly linked to the information contained in the phone’s address book. When a new user is added to WhatsApp, his name will appear in the contacts of the smartphone. If you delete it from the phone’s address book, then it will be excluded from the application as well.
Many people ask the question of how to recover WhatsApp contacts after deleting them. To the great disappointment of users, neither technical support nor tuning adjustments will help to do this.
Initially, these devices are configured to store information in iCloud. If this function is disabled on the iphone, the user must activate it.
There are no other ways to restore the list of contacts in the messenger.
Tip 2: Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages from iTunes Backup with iOS Data Recovery
- Downloading and running the software
- Click Recover to Recover from iTunes Backup File
- When all the iTunes interface files are displayed on the interface, you can select the one that contains your WhatsApp data and click “Start Scan”.
Preview and Selective Recovery
- After scanning, you can preview and select the WhatsApp files you want to return
- Click “Recover” to save it to your computer.
- Also you can save the catalog to your iPhone
Free download iOS Data Recovery here:
Buy iOS Data Recovery Now!
What is the difference:
Ways to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone
|Backup required||30mins-45mins (no third party software)||Normal||Yes||Depends on how often you back up||It is necessary||Yes||Not||Required (no third party software)||Confusing and time-consuming but worth a try (no third-party software)|
|No backup required||Less than 10mins||Easily||Yes||Yes||unnecessary||Not||Yes||unnecessary||Simple and reliable|
Tip 1. Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages from iCloud Backup with iOS Data Recovery
Sign in to iCloud and selectively upload your backup file.
- Downloading and running the software
- Click “Recover to Recover from iCloud Backup File” Login to iCloud Account
- Selectively download and scan files in pop-up windows (subsection “WhatsApp Messages”, “Application Videos”, “Application Document”) To Computer.
Preview and Selective Recovery
- After downloading and scanning, you can preview the file and select the WhatsApp messages you want to recover.
Free download iOS Data Recovery here:
Buy iOS Data Recovery Now!
Recover WhatsApp Messages from iCloud Backup (No Third Party Software)
- Your iPhone
- Permanent Wi-Fi connection
- Your device must be iOS 7 or later.
- You have an iCloud backup (go to WhatsApp “Settings & Chats” “Chat to backup”)
- Remember your Apple ID and iCloud password.
- For iOS 7: Install “Documents and Data” On (go to iPhone “SettingsICloudDocuments and Data”)
- For iOS 8 and later: Install “iCloud DriveOn” (go to “iCloudICloud Drive” Settings)
- Enough free space on your iPhone to restore backup
- Your cell has a battery level of more than 20% or more
Reinstall WhatsApp after uninstalling it.
Click on “Recover Chat History” After verifying your phone number.
Wait for the restoration process to complete.
You may have lost all your WhatsApp videos after recovery if you do not enable “Enable Videos” when you back up your data to iCloud.
Part one: restore with a backup
Unlike Android device users, iPhone users cannot back up WhatsApp data to a local device other than iCloud and iTunes. If you regularly back up your iPhone, you can also take advantage of the following advice.
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone in 4 Easy Ways
Recover WhatsApp Messages from iTunes Backup (No Third Party Software)
Step1. Connect iPhone to Computer with iTunes Installed
Step2. Launch iTunes and go to “Files” “Devices” “Restore Backup”.
Step3. Select the backup you want to restore from, click “Restore” and wait for the restore to complete.
You can refer to another detailed guide How to Recover Deleted Text Message on iPhone and learn the whole section How to Recover from iTunes Backup ”With Step By Step Instructions.
All your current iPhone data will be overwritten by restoring from iTunes backup file.
How to Recover Messages on iPhone
Those who have apple gadgets should know: information from the latest updates, iOS 8 or 9, cannot be reanimated on gadgets with an earlier version.
To return the lost information, you will need to go to your iCloud, and find there a folder with the name of the messenger. After that, uninstall Whatsapp from iPhone and then download again. The data should appear on the device in auto mode.
How to restore correspondence on Android if no backups have been created
It is almost impossible to return it without them, but still there is one option that you can try. It will require the help of the contact to whom the desired messages were sent.
This is due to the peculiarities of the messenger, unlike others, in WhatsApp the interlocutor’s chats are saved in the device’s memory. Therefore, you can ask the person to forward them. To do this, he will only have to select the desired message or photo, then press the arrow directed to the right and select the contact to send from the list.
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages from Backups
Enabling this option greatly simplifies the process of returning erased files. The backup copy (RK) is usually stored in the smartphone‘s memory or on a microSD card. There are two ways to “reanimate” information from such storage. Let’s look at two typical situations that can happen.
WhatsApp message was deleted a long time ago
To “resurrect” it, you need to perform a number of actions:
You need to access the device memory. You can use the “File Explorer” application. It is installed by default on most modern smartphones, but if it is not there, then the owner can download the program on his own.
After launching “Explorer” you need to go to the folder of the Whatsapp program, namely, to “Databases”. It stores all the RK correspondences ever created, and at the end of the name of the copy, the date of its creation is indicated.
Now you need to select the found folder, hold it with your finger until a pop-up menu appears on the screen.
In it, select the item “Rename”, change the name, delete the date and leave “msgstore.db.crypt12”, not forgetting to save the changes.
It is from this file that messages will be returned and it will replace the previous copy.
In this case, the first copy of “msgstore.db.crypt12” should be renamed to a name convenient for you and saved.
Then follow steps 1-5 of the first method. At the end, all lost correspondence should be returned to its place.
Important! Before performing the described operations, you should make sure that the existing information has been saved, since all chats that were created later than the restored backup will be deleted.
Restore using a backup file
There is a separate Backup branch in the WhatsApp folders. It is used to save backups. Files are created by the program in auto mode (provided that the user has selected autosave in the messenger settings).
Therefore, if the correspondence with the photo on the smartphone has accidentally disappeared, then it can be quickly restored from the saved copy in the smartphone’s memory. But this option is only suitable if less than a week has passed since the data was erased.
You will need to do the following:
- remove whatsapp
- install it again, log in with the old phone number
- accept the offer to restore RK to the device
After the completion of the process, all photos and data will be available again.
How to recover messages if SD card is broken
Unfortunately, the memory card often fails. If data from WhatsApp was stored on it, then, if desired, the information can be returned.
- connect the gadget to the PC via a cable
- open the “Hetman Partition Recovery” software, start scanning the memory card and smartphone
- select the path: / sdcard / WhatsApp / Databases (information containing chat history will be placed in it)
- you need to restore the folder “Databases” using the program commands
- now you need to transfer the required message or file to the SD card folder from WhatsApp
- then reinstall the app
After the completion of the process, the files you are looking for will be in the same place.
How to restore WhatsApp chat history if backups are deleted
RKs in WhatsApp can also be accidentally deleted, for example, when the device memory is cleared or as a result of the loss of a microSD card. But in this case, there is a way out of the situation, and you can return the files. Reincarnation requires a PC or laptop and a special program.
So, you need to do the following:
- Install Hitman Partition Recovery or any other program on your PC to recover information.
- Connect the device to a computer using a USB cable and select the “File Transfer” mode on the smartphone.
- Launch the installed application, find the phone folders in it, then open the “Databases” folder (it is located in the WhatsApp folder). It contains files previously erased by the user. Now you need to select the one you want, click on the “Restore” icon (located at the top, with a life buoy).
- Then you need to repeat steps 1-5 from the first method.
How to create a WhatsApp backup
After the correspondence, photos and contact list have been returned, we will analyze how to create an RC of chats in order to prevent a situation with data loss in the future. For this you need:
Launch WhatsApp and go to settings. Depending on the phone model and operating system, this may be a button with three dots or a gear icon.
Select the “Backup” item, and click the “Backup” button.
You need to choose a place to store the copy. This can be the device memory, Google Drive (this will require an installed GoogleDrive with authorization).
After completing all the settings, the messenger will save the information in the selected location, it is important not to forget to indicate the regularity of such saving. To avoid traffic overruns, you can select the option to create a backup folder only when Wi-fi is connected.
Here you can also select the option to save the sent media files. In this case, not only photos will be saved, but also videos, postcards and other drawings sent by the interlocutors. If you deactivate this function, only the text can be restored later.
Important! Messages are saved on the device at about two o’clock every day, so if the user turns off the smartphone for the night, he must take this feature into account.
Each new RC will replace the previous one.
After creating a backup, you can start moving chats to your new device. How to transfer WhatsApp chats to another phone. follow the next steps.
How to back up chats on Android
All information for this OS is transported to Google Drive. To transfer WhatsApp, you need to follow these steps:
How to enter the Watsapp app. registration and login
- Go to the program menu (the “Ellipsis” button) and click on the “Settings” tab;
- Enter the section with the name “Chats”;
- In the new window, click on the item “Backup”;
- It remains only to click on “Backup”.
In this tab, you can specify the time for automatic duplication of all correspondence, which will avoid notifications that you need to generate a copy. There is also an Add Video feature that allows you to save videos from attachments to Google Drive. You need to have an account in this service.
The process of creating a new duplicate of chats is very simple, but for the iPhone you need to do different steps.
Whatsapp application on Windows Mobile. download and install
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp?
However, in the case when there is a need to restore, along with the WhatsApp application itself, the entire history of correspondence, messages and chats, then you will have to tinker a little with this.
How to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android
So, the data backup from Android to Android is secured and now you can activate your new device. Downloading and installing WhatsApp is done through trusted stores. AppStore, Google Market:
When you activate your account, the system should automatically detect the backup. You must agree to download it.
Important! This method of moving will work if both devices are running the same operating system. If the systems are different, you will have to use the methods below.
Transfer from Android to iPhone and vice versa
There is an effective option that allows you to transfer correspondence. including along with photos and other media attachments. You can export all conversations one by one to email and then open them on a new smartphone.
Please note that you will not be able to transfer the document to the messenger! Only read in text format, this is due to different encryption methods of different brands of smartphone.
- Open the messenger and go to the chat of interest;
- Click on your username (iPhone) or the three dots in the upper right corner (Android) to go to the conversation menu;
- Find the “Export” button;
- Click on the email icon in the window that appears and send an email.
In addition, you can transfer the created file to another messenger or social network. We remind you that the data can be simply viewed, but not exported to another device.
A good answer to the question of how to transfer WhatsApp history to another phone? Recall that if you save a backup on Apple, then you will not be able to download it to Android, the same is the other way around.
Now you know how to transfer WhatsApp messages to another phone. the operating system does not matter! Data will not be lost, you can keep it intact and restore it to read and view.
Transfer WhatsApp to a new or different phone
Backup chats on WhatsApp
To do this, you need to enter the program settings (click on the three dots in the upper left corner of the screen) and go to “Settings”. “Chats”. “Back up chats”.
Here you can create a manual backup or set up an automatic backup of how often your data will sync to the cloud storage. When WhatsApp is reinstalled or activated to your number on another device, the program will prompt you to restore chats, media and data from Google Drive.