Restoring factory settings on an Acer laptop
The Acer laptop has all the options to reset the settings to the factory state. In total, there are several available ways to return to the manufacturer’s settings, which will be discussed in this article.
Recovery from Windows
If the settings previously made on the computer did not bring any critical changes, then you can restore Windows to the time when the OS was working normally. In this case, user data will practically not be affected, and some settings will be reset.
This option is universal for many system problems, not only on Acer laptops, but on many others as well. To restore Windows, your computer must have a Restore Point. However, it is not always done by the OS, and even more so the user forgets about it. You can use the Windows installation image as an alternative to the Recovery Points. It must fully match the version of Windows that is currently installed on the computer.
Let’s look at how to restore Windows settings on an Acer laptop using the installation image:
- Insert the USB stick with the image into the USB connector and restart the computer. Immediately after the boot starts (before the Windows logo appears), press the Esc key. A menu will appear where you need to select your USB flash drive from the options presented.
- A window for selecting the language and keyboard layout will appear. Specify the parameters that are most convenient for you.
Next, click on the inscription “System Restore”, which is located in the lower left part of the window.
How to restore settings on an Acer laptop
There are three recovery options that can be performed depending on the previously made changes. In all cases, user data stored on the computer may be lost, so take care to save it to a third-party media in advance.
Regardless of the operating system, the Recovery utility will be installed on the laptop, which allows you to restore the computer. Depending on the laptop model and the BIOS version on it, the utility can restore the settings both with complete deletion of data from the system, and with their preservation.
It is also important to note the fact that this utility can only be used in cases where the device has not previously formatted the hard disk, and the OS has not been reinstalled. Otherwise, when executing this option, you may have problems.
First you need to activate the Recovery utility in the laptop BIOS:
- Restart your computer and enter BIOS. Login is performed before the operating system is fully loaded using the Delete or F2-F12 keys. Also, sometimes there can be a combination of CtrlF2, CtrlF8, etc.
- In the BIOS interface, control is performed using the arrow keys and the Enter key. In the top menu, select “Main”.
Now you can use the built-in recovery utility:
How to easily Factory Reset a Windows 7 PC
While the laptop is rebooting, call the utility interface using the F9 or F8 key.
In the window with the choice of action, use the “Diagnostics” parameter.
A list with possible actions will open. There should be an item “Reset the computer to its original state”.
A warning appears stating that the computer will be reset to factory settings, but that the user files will be deleted. If you agree, then click “Next”.
In the last window, use the “Reset” or “Reset” button. The further process will be performed automatically. However, you may still need minimal participation in changing some parameters and setting new settings.
The main disadvantage of the considered option is the fact that everything with the settings will be deleted user data from the local Windows disk.
You may additionally need to roll back BIOS settings, but this is a topic for a separate article.
On some laptops, a special utility from Acer may be installed, which allows you to perform certain actions with the computer, for example, create backups of the operating system, as well as perform factory reset and other tasks. You can use the program only in cases when the operating system boots relatively normally or if it is possible to run it in “Safe Mode”.
- Open the Acer eRecovery Management software using any convenient means. For example, in Windows 7, you can start it by clicking on “Start” and finding the folder “Acer eRecovery Management”.
- In the utility window that opens, click on the “Restore” item, which is located on the left side of the interface.
- Here, among all the options, select “Restore factory settings of the operating system.” Note that this option not only implies a factory reset, but also deletes user data from the local C drive.
- A window will appear where you need to select the “Yes” option if you want to continue. After that click on the “Start” button.
This article has covered all the available options for a factory reset on an Acer laptop. If you have any questions and suggestions for the article, then write them in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
Samsung laptops also have their own system recovery utility. It is called Samsung Recovery Solution and is called up by pressing the F4 button when turning on the computer. The recovery procedure in it is not too complicated, the only thing that needs to be done before starting it is to copy important files for you to a removable hard disk or other portable media, since it is highly likely that during the process of restoring the factory settings, the partitions created by the user will be deleted with everything their contents.
So, we press when loading F4, accept the license agreement in the welcome window of the utility, refuse the offer to create a backup copy of the system and click in the initial window “Restore”.
At this point, you will be prompted to set additional parameters. In principle, the step can be skipped, but it will be better if you adhere to these rules:
- Choose the earliest recovery point.
- It is better to disable deleting data from additional partitions, although it is not a fact that this will help.
- Enable the option “Save user data”.
Having prepared in this way, we press “Restore“, confirm the action and wait for the completion of the procedure.
The procedure for the fifth version of Samsung Recovery Solution is slightly different. Here we also press F4, in the utility window select Restore. Full Restore.
Select the earliest image, click “Next” and confirm your consent to launch the procedure.
What does it mean to restore factory settings on a laptop
Resetting your laptop to factory settings is a fully automatic reinstallation of Windows with all system applications and drivers provided by the manufacturer. During the reset process, the system logical partition is formatted with the removal of all user data and settings on it, followed by deployment of Windows from a backup located on a special hidden section of Recovery or HDD Recovery.
When the reset is complete, you get the laptop in the state it was in at the time of purchase. The only exception is for drive D. the data on it is not deleted during the recovery process. There is also no need to re-enter the Windows activation key. It is important, however, to note that resetting the laptop to factory settings affects only the software part, this procedure does not solve hardware problems.
The factory reset procedure for Acer notebooks is slightly different. If the system boots, you can reset the settings using the proprietary utility Acer Recovery Management, launched from the Start menu (all applications). In the utility window, you need to select the option “Restore factory settings”, after which the recovery environment will be loaded, in which you need to repeat all the steps described in the previous paragraph (for Asus laptops).
If Windows does not boot, to enter the recovery environment, we use the Alt F10 key combination, after making sure that the D2D Recovery option is enabled in the BIOS on the Main tab. If it is disabled, be sure to enable it, otherwise Alt F10 will not work.
Otherwise, we act according to the first scenario: select on the Diagnostics screen. Reset to its original state and so on.
Lenovo laptops are next on our list. Let’s see how to factory reset a laptop of this brand. Here, too, there is nothing difficult, since Lenovo uses its own proprietary OneKey Rescue System utility for resetting. Unlike previous models, the recovery environment is entered not using the standard top row keys, but using the special Novo Button located next to the laptop power button.
With the laptop turned off, press this same button and select the System Recovery option with the arrow keys.
In the utility window that opens, click Restore from the original backup. Next. Start and confirm the action by clicking “Yes”.
The procedure for rolling back to the factory state will begin, the completion of which you will be notified by a corresponding message.
Like Acer, HP laptops come with a built-in proprietary HP Recovery Manager utility, which can be launched either from the Start menu or by pressing the F11 button when turning on the device. It is not difficult to roll back a laptop to factory settings with its help. If the computer does not boot, press F11 when you turn it on and select the Diagnostics. Recovery Manager action in the standard selection menu.
Next, in the utility window, click “Restore the system to its original state when shipped from the manufacturer”.
In the next window, turn on the item “Restore without creating a backup copy of files” and click “Next” as many times as the wizard asks.
After a short preparation, the reset process itself will begin, after which you will only have to configure the computer. If the operating system is still capable of booting itself, launch HP Recovery Manager through the interface, select “Windows Recovery Environment”. After rebooting, select Diagnostics. Recovery Manager and repeat the steps described above until setting up an account.
When you might need a factory reset
A return to factory settings will be relevant in case of serious disruptions in the operation of the operating system, with frequent critical failures caused by malfunctions and errors in the software part, infecting Windows with viruses, as well as blocking it. Reset can also be used as an alternative to manual reset for other reasons.
How to reset your laptop to factory settings. instructions for all models
If a smartphone or tablet running Android does not work correctly, or is blocked, the user can go to the Recovery menu and reset the gadget to factory settings, thus restoring its performance. And what about Windows laptops, can they be brought back to life this way? In principle, yes, but for this, a special partition must be present on the laptop’s hard drive. What this section is and what advantages its presence on a computer gives, will be discussed a little below, but for now, let me say a few words about restoring the factory settings on a laptop.
When is it impossible to reset?
If you buy a laptop without an operating system, don’t expect a recovery partition on its disk. You will not be able to restore the factory settings on such a laptop; in such cases, other methods are used to reset the system to its original state.
It will not be possible to roll back to the original settings even when the recovery partition was, but during the manual reinstallation of Windows, the wizard or the user himself deleted it, wanting to get more free space on the hard disk. The solution in this case may be, again, reinstalling or searching for the system partition image for this laptop model on torrents or the manufacturer’s official website.
Factory data reset on Lenovo IdeaPad
It is worth noting that this operation will entail the deletion of files that are stored on the hard drive, so it is worthwhile to make a backup of important data in advance. The IdeaPad notebook series can be restored to factory settings using the dedicated OneKey Rescue System, which is installed by default. So, let’s get straight to the point.
- The first step is to turn off the computer and turn it on again using a special button that shows an arrow pointing down.
- After downloading the software, a special menu will appear on the Lenovo laptop screen. In it you need to select the item “OneKey Recovery”.
- Next, in a new window, you need to select one of the proposed options. The best option is to restore from the original backup.
- A note will appear where you need to reconfirm your decision.
- After restoring the parameters, the laptop needs to be rebooted. Now you have a computer with standard settings at your disposal.
How to Factory Reset on Lenovo Laptop
Lenovo laptops are very popular because of the optimal combination of price and quality. Today we are going to talk about how to restore laptop to factory settings. In the work of the computer, various malfunctions can often occur that affect the functioning of any components. Factory reset helps restore normal system performance.
Factory data reset on Lenovo ThinkPad
On laptops in this series, the recovery process is slightly different. In order to restore the factory settings, you need to perform several steps:
- Press the F11 button while the system is booting.
- In the window that appears, select the language and confirm with the “Next” button.
- Next, you need to select a user and enter a password (if necessary).
- A special menu should appear in which you need to select the last item “Lenovo Factory Recovery”.
- The program window will open, where you need to select the language (we chose English) and click the “Next” button.
- Now you should accept the agreement and click “Next”.
- A message appears stating that all data will be deleted during the recovery process. You need to confirm the decision with the “Next” button.
- After that, the factory reset will begin. Then the utility will offer to restart the laptop (you need to click “Yes”).
- After restarting the computer, a menu for setting parameters (country, time, keyboard layout) should appear. This is a confirmation of the successful restoration of the parameters.
Reverting Lenovo laptops to their original settings is not difficult. To do this, you just need to use special utilities. If you have questions, then write them in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
In this version of Windows, a utility to reset the laptop to factory settings is included in the base software package. Keep in mind that you can also use the same methods as in the case of the “Seven”. restore settings through additional boot options or using the Windows installation disk.
In order to use the basic utility, you need to do the following:
- Move the cursor from top to bottom on the right side of the screen to display the service menu.
- Select the item parameters. the cogwheel icon at the very bottom.
- Go to the “Change computer settings” section.
- Select “Update and Recovery”.
- Choose the option that suits you. Lossless Recovery, Complete Windows Reinstall, or Custom Boot Options.
In fact, recovery without data loss is not a reset, as it restores information from the last checkpoint. In our case, you need to choose the second option. that is, completely reinstall the OS. The system will recover if the hidden partition containing the necessary files has not been removed.
After you click the “Start” button, the System Restore Wizard will start. Follow his prompts by responding to the dialog pop-up messages. After resetting the settings, the computer will restart and you will get Windows as it was after you bought the laptop. You may need to install missing drivers yourself.
Asus laptop factory settings
To reset a laptop of this brand to factory settings, the manufacturer has created a special utility. Instructions for using it:
- Go to BIOS and disable the fast boot option (called Boot Booster). To do this, before loading the operating system, press the F2 button. The required option is in the Boot section. The Boot Booster parameter must be assigned the Disabled attribute by selecting it with the Enter button and the required option in the drop-down list. Before starting the laptop, you need to save the changes using the F10 button.
- Before rebooting, to do a factory reset, you need to hold down the F9 key. The loading screen should be activated.
- After the utility prepares the files necessary for recovery, you will be asked whether you really want to return the laptop to factory settings.
- The operating system recovery process is automatic without user intervention. At this time, the laptop should reboot several times. It remains only to wait for the automatic update of all the necessary drivers or install them yourself.
HP laptop factory settings
To restore factory settings on a laptop of this brand, turn it off, and also remove the disc from the optical drive, flash drive from USB ports and card reader and disconnect all peripheral devices.
The laptop is reset using the following algorithm:
- After pressing the power button, you need to hold the F11 button until the boot window of the proprietary Recovery Manager utility appears.
- Select the System Recovery option.
- A dialog box will appear, which will offer to save the data that the user is working with. Convenient if he forgot to do it.
The utility also works in automatic mode, so the intervention of the owner of the device is not required. Restart may be required, in some cases repeatedly.
Samsung laptop factory settings
To reset a laptop of this brand to the factory settings, you need to find the Samsung Recovery Solution utility in the list of programs. If the application is not installed, you can download it on the official website of the manufacturer.
An alternative option is to run the preinstalled utility. To do this, hold down the F4 key before loading the device. Further. the algorithm of actions is as follows:
- Select Restore.
- Select Complete Restore.
- How to set a restore point to Computer Initial Status.
At the request of the utility, select the option “Yes”, and after restarting the device, follow the prompts of the System Restore Wizard.
System Restore Using Basic Windows Utilities
The above methods are only suitable for laptops of a particular brand. At the same time, Windows itself has all the necessary tools to reset the settings of a laptop, tablet or stationary PC. In this case, a Windows installation disc is required (you can also use the one written to a USB flash drive).
Please note that other assemblies will not work. You need exactly the patch that was previously installed on the laptop, even if the version is the same. Let’s see how to do this. Windows XP is not listed because it is out of date.
When to restore factory settings on a laptop will fail
It should be borne in mind that sometimes it will not be possible to restore the settings on a laptop. This cannot be done if Windows has been reinstalled on it. Some users, purchasing a laptop with a pre-installed OS, rush to install a more familiar version of the “Maximum”, deleting the system partition. But it is there that the files that are needed for system recovery are stored.
The same thing happens if the laptop starts to “glitch” and you call the computer wizard. These specialists, instead of rolling back the laptop to factory settings, are following the path of less resistance. reinstalling Windows.
Some pirated builds lack this necessary feature altogether. In this case, restoring the settings on the laptop will not work. the system partition does not contain the data necessary for this. Fortunately, you can restore a “clean” licensed Windows from an image that is available on the network.
When restoring a laptop, the user may lose the following data:
- Personal files on drive C: photos, videos, documents, and downloads. Data on drive D and all others, if any, will not be affected.
- The system partition will be formatted, and the operating system will be restored to its original form.
- After the first launch, you will need to install all the drivers that are used by the laptop components.
How to restore a laptop to factory settings
Many users need to restore factory settings on a laptop in order to restore it to work: the device freezes, “glitches”, runs slower than it can, and generally behaves somehow incorrectly. Usually, the reason for this work lies in the accumulated junk and “junk” files that prevent the operating system from functioning normally.
The mistake of a novice user is that when such problems arise, he hastens to reinstall the operating system, adding an extra “headache” to himself. You will also have to install all the necessary software and perform some Windows settings. However, there is a much simpler solution. to return the laptop to factory settings, thereby making the device work normally. In this tutorial, let’s look at how to perform a factory reset on laptops of different brands.
The first option is to use a troubleshooter. A dialog screen appears if the device for some reason shut down incorrectly. You can force this option by simply turning off the laptop using the power button. The next time you turn it on, a dialog box will appear in which you need to select “Troubleshoot”. You can also call this menu if you press the F8 button before loading the OS by selecting “Additional boot options”.
A dialog box titled “System Recovery Options” will open. Here you need to choose the option that suits more, for example, “Startup Repair” or “System Restore”. Following the prompts of the utility, you can restore the laptop to factory settings. The method will not work if the required files are missing or damaged.
The second option is to boot from the system image, but in the options offered, select not “Full installation”, but “Restore Windows functionality”. The configuration wizard is slightly different, but it also performs all operations in an automatic mode. In this case, the last working state of the OS will be restored. until the moment when “lags” and “glitches” have not yet appeared. In both cases, depending on the power of the device, in order to reset all settings, it may take up to half an hour.
How to reset Windows 10 or automatically reinstall the OS
Learn how to reset Windows 10 to factory settings, reset, roll back, or otherwise automatically reinstall Windows 10 on a computer or laptop. This has become easier than in Windows 7 and even in 8, due to the fact that the way of storing the image for reset in the system has changed and in most cases you do not need a disk or flash drive in order to perform the described procedure. If for some reason everything described does not work, you can simply perform a clean installation of Windows 10.
Resetting Windows 10 to its original state can come in handy in cases where the system began to malfunction or does not even start, and you cannot perform a recovery (on this topic: Restoring Windows 10) in another way. In this case, reinstalling the OS in this way is possible with the preservation of your personal files (but without saving programs). Also, at the end of the instructions, you will find a video in which the description is shown clearly. Note: A description of problems and errors when rolling back Windows 10 to its original state, as well as possible solutions, are described in the last section of this article.
Update: in the latest versions of Windows 10, additional methods of system reset have appeared, including removing all programs preinstalled by the manufacturer of the computer or laptop. Automatic clean installation of Windows 10, Restoring Windows 10 from the cloud.
Automatic clean install of Windows 10 using Refresh Windows Tool
In the latest versions of Windows 10, a new function has appeared in the recovery options. “New Start” (formerly called the Refresh Windows Tool), which allows you to perform an automatic clean installation or reinstallation of Windows 10 with the preservation of files, but with the removal of preinstalled programs from the manufacturer. Using it allows you to reset when the first method does not work and reports errors.
- In the recovery options, at the bottom under Advanced recovery options, click on Learn how to start over from a clean install of Windows.
- You will be prompted to go to the corresponding page in the Windows 10 Security Center, click Yes.
- Click the Get Started button in the New Launch section.
- Check out what exactly Start Over is and, if you agree, click Next.
- Wait for the Windows 10 factory reset to complete.
Upon completion of the process (which can take a long time and depends on the performance of the computer, the selected parameters and the amount of personal data when saving), you will receive a completely reinstalled and functional Windows 10. After logging in, I recommend that you also press the WinR keys, type cleanmgr, press Enter, and then click on the “Clear system files” button.
When you clean up your hard drive, chances are you will be able to delete up to 20GB of data left over from the system reinstallation process.
The video below shows both ways to run an automatic reinstallation of Windows 10 described in the article.
Reset Windows 10 in settings from the installed system
The easiest way to reset Windows 10 assumes that the system on your computer starts up. If so, then a few simple steps will allow you to perform an automatic reinstallation.
- Go to Settings (via start and gear icon or WinI keys). Update and Security. Recovery.
- In the Reset this computer section, click Get Started. Note: if during recovery you are informed that the required files are missing, use the method from the next section of this manual. Also, at this stage, an error may appear: Unable to find recovery environment.
- You will be prompted to either keep your personal files or delete them. Select the option you want.
- If you select the option to delete files, you will also be prompted to either “Just delete files” or “Completely clear the disk”. I recommend the first option unless you are giving your computer or laptop to someone else. The second option deletes files without the possibility of their recovery and takes longer.
- In the Ready to Reset This Computer window, click Reset.
After that, the process of automatic reinstallation of the system will begin, the computer will reboot (possibly several times), and after the reset you will get clean Windows 10. If you selected “Keep personal files”, then the system disk will also contain the Windows.old folder containing the files old system (user folders and desktop content may come in handy there). Just in case: How to delete the Windows.old folder.
How to reset Windows 10 if the system won’t start or factory reset won’t work
In cases where Windows 10 does not start or a reset in the settings does not work, you can try using the manufacturer’s tools or with the recovery environment.
If Windows 10 does not start, but shows a blue screen with an error, then clicking on the “Advanced options” item, you can get into the recovery environment. If the system starts, but you cannot reset the OS, go to Settings. Update & Security and click the “Restart now” button in the “Special boot options” section.
After rebooting, go to the “Troubleshooting” section, and then click on the item “Reset the computer to its original state”.
Further, just like in the first described method, you can:
- Keep or delete personal files. If you select “Delete”, you will also be prompted to either completely erase the disk without the possibility of their recovery, or simply delete. Usually (unless you are giving the laptop to someone else), it is better to use a simple removal.
- In the Select Target Operating System window, select Windows 10.
- In the Reset this computer window, review what will be done. remove programs, reset settings to defaults, and automatically reinstall Windows 10 Click Reset.
After that, the process of resetting the system to its original state will begin, during which the computer may restart.
If your device was preinstalled with licensed Windows 10 upon purchase, then the easiest way to reset it to factory settings is to use certain keys when turning on your laptop or computer. For details on how to do this, see the article How to reset a laptop to factory settings (also suitable for branded PCs with a pre-installed OS).
Windows 10 factory reset errors
The first and simplest methods when you have problems resetting Windows 10 to factory settings consist of the following steps:
Windows 10. How to Reset Windows to Factory Settings without installation disc
- Make sure there is enough free space on the system partition of the drive (on drive C). Ideally 10 GB or more.
- Remove all third-party antiviruses and other protection programs before starting recovery.
If, when you try to reset Windows 10 after restarting, you see the message “Problem returning your PC to its original state. Changes not made ”, usually this indicates problems with the files required for recovery (for example, if you did something with the WinSxS folder, from the files in which the reset occurs). You can try checking and restoring the integrity of Windows 10 system files, but more often you have to do a clean install of Windows 10 (however, you can also save personal data).
The second error option is that you are asked to insert a recovery disc or installation media. Then there was a solution with the Start over function described in the second section of this guide. Also in this situation, you can make a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 10 (on the current computer or on another, if this one does not start) or a Windows 10 recovery disk with the inclusion of system files. And use it as your required storage device. Use a version of Windows 10 with the same bitness installed on your computer.
Another option in the case of a requirement to provide a drive with files is to register your own image for system recovery (for this, the OS must work, the actions are performed in it). I have not tested this method, but they write that it works (but only for the second case with an error):
- You need to download the Windows 10 ISO image (the second method is in the instructions on the link).
- Mount it and copy the install.wim file from the sources folder to the previously created ResetRecoveryImage folder on a separate partition or computer disk (not the system one).
- In the command line as administrator, use the command reagentc / setosimage / path “D: \ ResetRecoveryImage” / index 1 (here D acts as a separate section, you may have a different letter) to register the recovery image.
After that, try again to start the system reset to its original state. By the way, for the future, we can recommend making your own backup of Windows 10, which can greatly simplify the process of rolling back the OS to a previous state.
Well, if you still have questions about reinstalling Windows 10 or returning the system to its original state, ask. Let me also remind you that for preinstalled systems, there are usually additional ways to reset to factory settings provided by the manufacturer and described in the official instructions.
If the F9 button does not work
If the F9 button is broken and you cannot bring up the recovery menu, another utility developed by Asus comes to the rescue. Backtracker. The problem may be, among other things, a damaged hard drive, the recovery menu of which does not respond to user commands.
Backtracker can be run from a removable storage device: it is a regular EXE file that Windows works with. The utility can create restore points in which user data is also saved.
Reset on Asus Laptop. How to Restore Factory Settings
System restore on an Asus laptop in some cases helps to restore Windows performance in case of accidental damage to system files. This instruction will describe how to do this for a novice user, what it will give, what you should pay attention to during the recovery process.
What is the Recovery program used for?
Asus Recovery is a branded utility from a Taiwanese component manufacturer that is programmatically integrated into the firmware of this brand’s laptops. Backups created with this program help restore system data, including partial damage.
Recovery saves files of the initial configuration of the operating system and is stored in a partition hidden from the user. hidden so that it is difficult to delete them by accident. You can find them only when you roll back Windows to its initial state. In addition, this hidden partition is protected, so it is virtually impossible to delete backups from there.
The utility will help you reset your laptop to Asus factory settings if important files are damaged in case of lags, malware actions, or after incorrect attempts by the user to reconfigure the OS to increase its performance. This is not the only tool of this kind, but it is extremely convenient. Utilities similar in purpose are available in the arsenal of other brands that produce laptops.
The main thing to remember is that such software is “sharpened” for a specific brand, so a program from, for example, HP or Toshiba will not work to reset Windows on an Asus laptop. Likewise, the advisability of using Asus Recovery when using a laptop of another brand is questionable: it may be so that you will not be able to reset the OS.
How to factory reset an Asus laptop
It is recommended to pre-save important data stored on the C: drive, including the contents of the desktop (if you store there, for example, work documents). The “risk group” includes photos and videos from the folders of all computer users, downloads, directories created by applications, as well as saves from computer games.
In the latter case, a lot depends on what year the game was released: the older ones store saves in the directory with the saved game in the Saves folder, while the new ones record the save and configuration files in the documents of each user.
How to reset Windows 10 to Factory Settings
If the device boots normally
In this case, everything is done in the same way as if Windows is damaged. The difference is that in this case, you can restore your personal files if you select the appropriate option. How exactly to do this will be discussed below.
If Windows does not boot
In the event of partial or complete damage to system files or partitions, Windows may not boot and require some action from the user. Unlike some brands of laptops, Asus rarely has a dedicated button to launch the operating system recovery utility. However, there is a function key F9 with which you can invoke the standard troubleshooting menu.
Recovering an Asus laptop with Recovery is pretty easy if you do it right. After entering the reset menu, highlight the recovery line marked EMS Enabled and press the Enter button. If you press the F8 key, you can select additional recovery options, but this is usually not required.
A warning will follow to delete all user files. It is recommended to save them even before starting the operating system recovery procedure. It is imperative to restore the OS to the first partition. exactly the one where Windows was originally installed.
If you choose to restore the entire contents of the HDD, the logical partitions will be deleted and the hard drive will be reformatted. This will completely delete all of its contents.
Therefore, you need to select the item “Restore Windows to the first partition” by checking the appropriate box, and click the “Next” button. The system recovery process will begin, which runs automatically. The laptop will need to reboot several times during the recovery process. This is normal and should not be a concern for the laptop owner.
As a result, you will get a “clean” OS. exactly the same as immediately after installation. Then you can configure its operating parameters according to your own preferences, connect to the Internet, install applications: everything is the same as when installing Windows “From scratch”.
System Restore on Windows 10
- Press the “Start” button.
- Select “Settings”.
- Click “Update and Security”.
- Select Recovery. “Restore this PC”.
- Press the button “Start” or Get started.
- From all options further select “Restore factory settings”. Restore factory settings.
- Next “Only the disk where Windows is installed”.
- If you need to restore user data, select “Move files and clean up disk”, otherwise “Just delete files”.
Everything is ready to restore Windows 10. It remains to click the “Restore” button and wait for the procedure to finish.
When restoring a pirated copy of Windows, the operating system may display the message “Recovery disc required”. In this case, you need to use the installation disc with the exact assembly that was on your laptop. Please note that an error may occur during the recovery process and it will be impossible to recover data.
A licensed copy of Windows never requires you to install a recovery disc. This is the advantage of using the original software. no additional “Dance with a tambourine” is required to restore the system.
In case of physical damage to the hard drive, you need to contact an Asus service center for data recovery. Data from a non-working hard disk has to be restored in a special laboratory. completely sterile and sealed. This insures against the ingress of microscopic dust particles on the surface of the magnetic disk, its demagnetization and data loss.
It is extremely difficult to correctly recover information in artisanal conditions. it is impossible to achieve sterile conditions and a complete absence of dust at home or in a workshop.