Hard reboot device
IPhone users can watch the device completely freeze, when neither pressing the keys nor touching the screen gives a result. How to restart iPhone if the screen is frozen and not working:
- On iPhone 4/5/6/7, you need to hold down two keys right away. Home and Power.
- Some phone models respond to a different combination of buttons. Power and the volume down key.
- Hold them for 10-15 seconds.
- Release the keys and wait for the “apple” on the screen.
- If the logo does not appear, repeat all actions again, hold the keys for 20-30 seconds.
- To turn on the device, you must hold down the power key for a long time.
This method forcibly shuts down the device, because some files may be lost. You should only resort to a hard reset if there are no other options.
Cases when you need to replace the screen
Any software glitches are resolved without the need to open the phone case. Most of them can be eliminated by the user himself, for some, the help of a specialist will come in handy, but even here no hardware interventions are required.
Replacing the screen is needed only in case of negative mechanical action on the device. It is recommended to do this only in official service centers, where seasoned professionals work only with certified parts.
Cheap repairs from “bazaar” professionals will cost an order of magnitude cheaper, but there is no guarantee that he will not install a Chinese screen that requires the latest replacement in the near future.
After the description of the problem and its proof by the master, the correct decision is not to skimp on quality. Screen replacement, depending on the phone model and a clear “diagnosis”, will cost several thousand rubles in a certified center.
Calibrating the sensor
The iPhone does not have the usual calibration procedure for Droid users.
The function is not provided in any manufacturer’s devices, and the user manual states that only professionals of branded service centers can perform these manipulations.
Phone models older than version 6 still have some ability to independently adjust the screen sensitivity. For this, the 3D Touch function is used in the settings. To activate it, you must:
- Open the “General” section in the iPhone settings.
- Find the “Accessibility” tab there and activate the appropriate function in it.
- After its work, you should turn off the power of the phone and start it again.
- Reboot will keep the latest features and the device will turn on as usual.
This setting helps to get rid of freezes, but not all the time, since specifically 3D Touch is occasionally a prerequisite for failures.
How to restart iPhone if the sensor does not work
Many people adore the iPhone for its reliability, quality and ease of use, but even these phones are not immune to various breakdowns.
The problem in most cases is the failure of the detector or the entire monitor. How to turn off iPhone if the screen is not working? First, you need to find the cause of the failure, and based on it, find a solution to the problem.
IPhone freezes reasons
iPhone can freeze for various reasons, here are the main ones:
- errors inside iOS. quite often, after system updates, the user encounters errors that lead to the freezing of the smartphone;
- low-quality software. some applications that are poorly optimized can cause the smartphone to freeze;
- outdated version of the phone. old phones from Apple can support the latest iOS system, but there they quite often can freeze during operation;
- phone memory is full;
- installed a variety of visual effects that old phones cannot support and freeze during operation.
These are the main prerequisites that can affect the performance of the phone. If the iPhone is frozen, then it must be rebooted in order to return it to working condition. Unfortunately, not every user knows how to do this.
How to turn off iPhone without using touch screen
Screen breakage rates
Screen functionality problems can be divided into several categories, depending on their characteristics:
- the whole detector does not work on the iPhone;
- only part of the screen fails;
- the sensor does not correctly recognize touches, and it is very difficult to perform the necessary actions;
- the phone itself activates applications and commands without the user’s physical contact with the screen.
The latter is often referred to as “phantom clicks”. They appear when the sensitivity of the detector is disturbed and is perceived by it as a touch of light, heat, and so on.
How to restart iPhone without screen. How to turn off iPhone if it is frozen and the screen is not working
Malfunctions of the software part
If the screen crashes quite often, then the iPhone should be restarted. This will allow you to clear the temporary memory of the device, disable unnecessary background applications and reduce the load on the processor.
You can reboot your phone in several ways, depending on its model:
- In earlier versions, the composition of the power key and “Home” is responsible for rebooting. To restart, you must immediately hold down the keys for a few seconds and wait until the brand logo appears on the screen. Turning on the phone at the same time takes the usual amount of time.
- In the figure eight, the process is carried out by a different composition. To restart the system, you need to quickly press the volume up button, then immediately decrease the volume and only after that hold down the power button until the company logo appears on the monitor.
- If the keys do not work together with the screen in the iPhone, then the user can only wait until the device is completely discharged and turned off. After that, it is connected to a charger or a PC to provide power to the battery. The phone reboots by discharging for the longest time, but when the iPhone completely freezes, this is the only way.
After switching on, you need to check the reason for the freeze. Apple phones often conflict with unlicensed software and if this is installed on the phone, you will have to remove it.
Otherwise, freezes will be repeated often, regardless of whether the application is running or not. Such programs can make processes with errors even in the background.
How to Force Turn Off/Reboot iPhone X! (Frozen Screen Fix)
If the old model phone does not respond after updating the software, only rolling back its system to the old version will help. The fact is that the hardware of the past versions of the iPhone is not capable of providing the functionality of the modern software.
How to restart iPhone without a button?
It is possible to control mobile devices from Apple and iPhone in particular without mechanical control buttons. The creators took into account, albeit a high, but still limited resource of mechanical controls, and in case the touchscreen of your iPhone survived the control buttons, the operations for which the “mechanics” were responsible can be performed using gestures.
Assistive Touch must be turned on in order to activate full iPhone touch control. This function allows you to flexibly configure the control of the device using gestures and completely replaces the mechanical control buttons.
How to Force Restart or Hard Reset iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max
Press and quickly release the volume up button.
Press and quickly release the volume down button.
Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
How to change the ringtone (ringtone) on iPhone.
How to Exit DFU Recovery Mode on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max
To exit recovery mode, perform a hard (forced) reboot according to the instructions above.
Press and quickly release the volume up button.
Press and quickly release the volume down button.
Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
Restart iPhone 7
The iPhone 7 also did not have a mechanical “Home” button, but the reboot process in the absence of a touch mode and buttons response to user actions differs from newer models of the gadget. So, to restart iPhone 7 you need to:
- Simultaneously hold down for 6-10 seconds mechanically the volume control buttons (decrease or increase) in the side panel and “Power”.
- After a short time, the screen of the gadget will darken and turn off, and after a few seconds, the manufacturer’s logo will appear on the display, and the boot process will begin.
This method allows you to force restart the iPhone system, but is an emergency restart.
You can use Assistive Touch control of the gadget only when the touch display is working properly, and the gadget cannot be rebooted due to the failure of the mechanical buttons. To activate Assistive Touch controls:
- Go to settings by category: Basic-Accessibility.
- In the “Accessibility” category, find the line of the same name. Assistive Touch.
- Activate iPhone accessibility and gesture control by dragging the slider to the On position.
- Place your finger on the screen where the touch button image is located to access control functions.
- A small menu will appear where you need to select the “Apparatus” section.
- Then continuously “tap” on the “Screen lock” section.
- Now the buttons “Turn off” and “Cancel” at the bottom should appear, as in the case of a normal shutdown of the device through the button “Power”.
Now it remains to drag the slider to the right and the gadget will turn off.
Keyboard shortcut to restart iPhone 7
How can you restart iPhone 7? The company not only added a lot of new things to this gadget, but also removed no less from it. The “Home” or “Home” key is no longer mechanical, and this change has affected all subsequent versions of the device. The old tried and tested method of pressing this key no longer works, since there was nothing to press.
Hard reset for iPhone 7 has undergone a change. The procedure is carried out only when the smartphone is on:
- It is necessary to simultaneously hold down both keys. “Volume down” and “On.”.
- The shutdown procedure is carried out until the display turns black, and after a while the company logo appears on it.
- Only after the appearance of the “apple” emblem can they be released.
Note! The process is similar to performing a restart in older smartphones, but now the Home key is not used. Instead, you need to hold down “Decrease the sound volume”.
Reboot without lock button
Any equipment fails, not an exception expensive iPhones. Falling, mechanical damage to the case, these are the factors that lead to damage to the device, due to which it becomes difficult to reboot. Most often, the hardware lock button, or power-on button, of the phone fails. Without it, it is impossible to turn on. turn off the phone and reboot the device, if required. But even without such a valuable part of the iPhone, it is quite possible to restart the device by software, although not everything is so simple.
Let’s see how to restart iPhone without the much-needed lock screen button? There are four main ways.
Keyboard shortcut to restart iPhone 6s and 6
A violent restart of the operating system is used for serious and sudden problems. The manufacturer does not recommend it for a regular reboot, which must be done periodically. The procedure follows the standard algorithm:
- It is necessary to simultaneously press the “Off” keys. and Home. The latter has a built-in sensor for fingerprint recognition.
- The darkened display will soon be replaced by a company logo.
- When it spins, they can be released. This means that the activation of the start of the operating system has occurred.
How to Force Turn OFF/Restart iPhone 11. Frozen Screen Fix
Important! This technique is used to restart iPhone 6S and 6S Plus. Both versions have a mechanical Home key.
How to Force Restart iPhone?
In case the iPhone “freezes” tightly and does not respond to touch, the Cupertinians have provided a mechanism for a “hard” reset (Hard Reset).
Experts recommend not to use a “hard” reboot unless absolutely necessary. this procedure may result in, for example, a complete loss of data.
Hard Reset is done like this:
Press the “Home” and “Power” buttons at the same time and hold them for about 10 seconds.
Release the buttons and you will see the Apple logo appear on the screen. If there is no “apple”, press the “Power” button as in the standard power-on.
Hard Reset helps not only to cope with freezes, but also to solve a number of other problems. For example, this particular procedure is recommended if the iPhone is draining unnaturally quickly.
How to restart iPhone?
Restarting an iPhone in its normal state is no more difficult than any other smartphone. However, everyone knows that iPhones, alas, cannot boast of reliable protection against mechanical damage. after a fall, the Power button may “sink” or simply stop working. Learn about the way how to restart the gadget without the Power button from the article.
Restart iPhone to Normal
If the gadget works as expected, but there is a need to restart it, proceed as follows:
Hold down the “Power” button located on the upper edge of the device for 4 seconds until the red slider with the signature “Turn off” appears.
Swipe the slider from left to right. this gesture is called a swipe. If you decide not to reboot, you can click on the round button with a cross and the signature “Cancel”.
After swiping, wait for the smartphone to turn off completely and press the Power button again. A “bitten apple” will appear on the screen, then after a few seconds the smartphone will start working.
By simply rebooting the smartphone, you can solve a huge number of problems. this procedure helps, for example, if the iPhone refuses to play video in VK.
How to restart iPhone if the “Power” button does not work?
Apple developers also provided the ability to control the device without using mechanical buttons. “Assistive Touch” function will allow you to restart your iPhone even if the “Home” and “Power” buttons have failed.
You can activate Assistive Touch as follows:
Follow the path “Settings”. “General”. “Accessibility”.
Scroll down to the “Physiology and motor skills” block and find “Assistive Touch” in the list.
Activate the slider next to “Assistive Touch”. After activation, you will be able to observe a translucent circle, which will indicate that the function is enabled.
Tap a mug and you will open a menu like this:
Click on the “Device” icon, and you will find yourself in the menu of the next level:
The main thing is not to think for a long time: after 10-15 seconds the menu will collapse back into a circle.
Tap on the “Screen Lock” icon and hold your finger for the same amount of time as on “Power” during a standard shutdown. Then the buttons “Turn off” and “Cancel” will appear, which were described earlier. what to do with them is clear to any owner of Apple technology.
The user may have a question: what if neither the buttons nor the screen work? In this case, you just need to connect the smartphone with a cable to the PC and wait for the Apple logo to appear on the screen. On the Internet, you can find advice when freezing to “reset” the iPhone through iTunes, however, this method is unlikely to suit any user, because he will have to say goodbye to personal data.
Apple developers did a great job. the user does not need to contact the service and spend extra money to restart the iPhone if it freezes. Even after the failure of the mechanical buttons “Home” and “Power” (which most often occurs as a result of the fall of the gadget or its flood), the iPhone can be fully used thanks to the “Assistive Touch” function, and expensive repairs are postponed until the next salary.
Rather, this is not even a way to reboot, but just a regular function to turn on / off the iPhone. Since the beginning of the entire line of iPhone models, 2, 3, 4, 4S, etc., the on / off button of the device was located on the upper edge of the device. The power button was moved from the upper end to the right one starting with the new models 6, 6 plus, 7, 7 plus. According to rumors, the 8 iPhone will also have the power key on the right side.
How do I completely restart my iPhone using the normal power-on option? Everything is simple and reliable. Press the power button and hold it for 10 seconds, until the slider with the inscription Turn off appears, now we swipe, the phone turns off. After a couple of minutes, turning on the gadget, we get a cleared cache, most of the glitches will never again make themselves felt. The method works if iOS is not frozen tightly, and all applications are working in normal mode. But there are situations when a frozen device does not respond to pressing hardware buttons, then a “hard reboot” will come to the rescue.
How to restart iPhone when it is frozen so much that it does not respond to pressing the lock button? Then the so-called “hard reset” will come to the aid of the user. With its help, it is really possible to restart the device in case of any software and hardware error. This method works on all Apple equipment, from phones to tablets of all models and configurations.
To reboot iPhone 5 in hard reboot mode is simple, simultaneously hold down the lock and Home keys, wait 10-15 seconds, the phone should go into reboot. If this does not happen, wait longer. In any case, this method will help, sometimes you just need to hold the buttons longer. The hard way will help if the sensor does not work, but it is unlikely to restore its performance, if this is not a software glitch.
With “Assistive Touch”
- Go to “Settings. General. Universal Access”
- Find and enable the “Assistive Touch” function
- Press the soft button that appears on the screen;
- Select the item “Apparatus”;
- In the menu that opens, press and hold the “Screen lock” item;
- Turn off the phone.
Changing fonts in Settings
Everything, the problem of how to restart iPhone 5 without hardware buttons is solved. After downloading, go to the settings and remove the “Bold text”, the phone will reboot again and the system font will return to its original state.
The benefits of rebooting your phone
The benefits are undeniable, like any computer, a modern smartphone is capable of processing huge amounts of data. The more information, the faster the device cache gets clogged, which leads to software failures, freezes and subsequent problems for the user. Here is a small list of problems that harm users and prevent them from fully using the iPhone.
- Getting rid of iOS glitches
- Eliminate system braking as a whole
- Getting rid of graphic artifacts on the screen
- We kill the hung application
- Resetting the smartphone’s memory cache;
- Complete hardware restart.
- Solving many other iPhone 5 problems
By resetting the wireless settings
It must be remembered that this method works, but it deletes all data about networks, resets all network settings, including passwords for wi-fi and VPN connections, so you need to be careful.