Hard Reset Xiaomi through the recovery mode
This variant is more complicated and requires some qualification. Deletes Data folder that contains user data. SD card is not affected, like in previous case.
How to Hard Reset Xiaomi Redmi Note 10
- Turn the gadget off. Then press and hold down Volume key (volume knob down) and Power key simultaneously. Press for a few seconds until the Mi logo appears on the screen.
- There are three options available in the standard bootloader menu: Reboot, Wipe Data and Connect with Mi Assistant. We are interested in the second. to erase data through the recovery. To select an item, press the Power button. To move through the menu, press the volume rocker.
Be careful, warnings and requests to confirm a full reset may not be provided, it depends on the firmware version. Therefore, it is not recommended to enter the recovery out of curiosity.
With the recovery
Every Android smartphone has a built in menu that lets you change the firmware, restart the phone, reset it, or perform other tasks. This option is suitable for cases when it is not possible to use the smartphone in normal mode.
- Turn off your phone if it is still active.
- Press Volume up and Power button and then hold them for 2-3 seconds.
- Release the Power button the moment Xiaomi appears on the display.
- When recovery mode (recovery) appears on the screen, release Volume Up.
- Select the English language using the volume button, and then confirm the correct selection by pressing Power.
- In the above menu find the WipeReset item and click on it with the power button. Use Volume Up and Down to move between items.
- To do a factory reset of Xiaomi Redmi 4X, select Wipe User Data.
- Confirm your intentions by pressing Yes.
Now wait until the device restarts and check if the operation was correctly performed. If everything is booting properly and working, you can proceed to recovery.
How to reset your Redmi 9 Solutions
Some system glitches on the Redmi 9 smartphone can be resolved by resetting it to factory settings. This will help reset your gadget, but will cause you to have to reconfigure it. To reset the settings on Redmi 9 you need to use several ways. Each of them is connected with the manipulations in the appropriate section of the phone and consists of a certain sequence of actions.
How to reset Xiaomi phone to factory settings
Reset your phone to factory settings. a special procedure that is often performed before selling the device or to fix the error. This operation deletes all data from your smartphone, including saved photos, videos, text documents and apps. Experienced users recommend transferring all important information to an SD card or other storage device before starting the procedure. This will allow you to return the necessary data to the device in case of need.
In this article, we will detail how to reset your Xiaomi phone to factory settings using various methods. We advise you to learn each method carefully before proceeding to the actions.
Since Xiaomi phones run on their own Android-based user interface, you need to enter Mi Password while performing the factory/software reset. But there are many users who have forgotten the password and thus could not perform a settings reset. These users don’t need to worry. As here we have an easy way to perform a settings reset on any Xiaomi phone without entering the password Mi.
You just need to boot the device into recovery mode and then erase all the data. This is a simple process that every MIUI 7/8 phone user can follow.
Resetting the settings on any Mi Redmi phone will erase all the data and settings. Therefore, you need a backup before performing the action. MIUI phones are also available for Android 7 update.0 Nougat.
How to recover a forgotten password through Gmail or Mi?
You can also do a reset of Xiaomi Redmi using the Google device manager.
1) Just open https://www.google.com/Android/devicemanager this URL and track your phone. 2) Now restart your Xiaomi device.
You can enjoy an unlocked cell phone without a password. You must add your Gmail ID to your phone during phone setup to recover your Xiaomi password in such situations.
Resetting Xiaomi via Mi account
This method only works if “Find my phone” is already enabled before locking the device.
1) Login to Mi Cloud (https://i.Mi.com/) and enter your username to do a Xiaomi Redmi reset.
2) Now go to the section of the device. Here, track your cell phone and click “Format Device”.
3) Your phone data is now deleted. Reboot the phone so it doesn’t ask for any Xiaomi password.
If you don’t know your Mi account ID and your Xiaomi Mi account password, don’t worry, you can easily restore these data.
How to Reset Redmi to Default Settings via Computer?
You can reset your smartphone to the default settings using the special software. It is called Android System Development Kit (SDK). The program can be found on the official website of the developers, as well as downloaded from third-party resources.
After downloading the program, unzip it and install it on your PC. After installing the SDK on your PC, you need to do the following:
- Activate USB Debugging mode on your smartphone. To do that you need to go to “Settings”, then find the tab “For Developers” and enter “USB Settings.
- Check the boxes near “Tools” and “USB Drivers” items.
- Connect your smartphone to PC and install drivers on it if it wasn’t done before.
- Open command line on your computer (WinR) and type C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Android\Android-SDK\platform tools.
- Enter ADB mode from under the SDK and run the “recovery” command.
- Wait until the system performs the action and restarts the phone.
After completing the above steps, you need to enter a new password and access the menu settings.
Reset Xiaomi phones to factory settings
As with any other technique, over time the smartphone may not work as well as it did at the beginning. there are a variety of crashes, there are certain errors. A reliable way to get rid of such problems, which returns the performance of the device to the same high level, as it was only after his purchase, is a Hard Reset. reset your smartphone to factory settings.
Reset to factory settings Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Over time the Android smartphone starts to glitch and work slowly because of the full internal memory, unknown applications downloaded and installed, viruses. Or the user has forgotten the pattern key, and tried to unlock the device from memory and locked it for 2 or more hours.
Restore the functionality of the device in these cases, you can return to the factory settings. This article will tell you how to do it on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.