If you need to reset the Hikvision recorder or video camera, the best solution would be to contact the service center so that all the work is carried out by specialized specialists. This guarantees high efficiency and eliminates any consequences in the form of a complete failure of the surveillance system. It is much easier when all the work is done by a professional at the initial stage, than when solving situations that have arisen after independently trying to reset to the factory settings of Hikvision. This article is intended for those who do not have the physical ability to call a specialist or just for informational purposes.
The administration is not responsible for any resulting consequences that may arise during independent attempts to reset. If you started to carry out independent manipulations to restore the factory settings, it is strongly discouraged to experiment, but follow these instructions exactly. Otherwise, you can ruin the firmware of the equipment and then there is a high probability of complete breakdown of the device. If you are perfectly familiar with the Linux operating system, there is no need to experiment and “pick the brains” of the device. It is difficult to count the cases of complete equipment breakdown.
Hik-vision Dvr password Recovery! How to Reset Hikvision DVR Password!
Manual password recovery
It is manual password recovery that is as simple as possible for the user and can be carried out independently without third-party help and software. It should be borne in mind that this method is suitable exclusively for those devices from Hikvision, which have a special button for resetting the password, you need to:
- find the Reset button behind the camera, which is sometimes difficult to see right away;
- with the power off, you need to hold down the button for 15-30 seconds using a screwdriver or other device. You cannot even release the button for a second, connect the power supply and hold for another 15 seconds, after which you can already release the button;
- if you did everything correctly, then the password in your camera will be reset and the camera will be inactive again.
As you can see, this method is as simple as possible for password recovery, and you can carry out new configurations of equipment to create an effective video surveillance system. This button is present in the following models of CCTV cameras:
Hik-Connect Password Reset! How to Reset Hik-Connect Password!
Get key error
It occurs when exporting a file key. This usually occurs if the computer and device are connected through multiple switches, connected through a router, or while the SADP program was open, the network address of the equipment was changed. Sometimes an error occurs if the hardware firmware has been changed.
You need to make sure that the equipment supports the multi-cast function. If there is an error when connecting through the router, please disable the NAT function. If the device is directly connected and the network address has been changed, just restart the program.
Probably, everyone thought about why all these passwords are needed. The answer is as simple as possible. with the help of a password, you protect the network, and an attacker will not be able to take over the equipment. This is what contributes to the fact that it is desirable to set rather complex passwords that are not easy to crack. For example, the manufacturer Hikvision requires its users to set passwords for at least 8 characters, with numbers, small and large Latin letters. It is because of the setting of a simple password that the video surveillance system is hacked. If you have set a complex password, then you definitely need to write it down so that you do not have to look for ways to reset your Hikvision password.
The need to reset the password may arise in a situation when the user has forgotten the old password, some kind of software failure has occurred and the system does not want to accept the password (this is extremely rare), or you bought used equipment, and the seller did not provide the password and you cannot activate CCTV cameras. Regardless of the reason, the same reset procedures will need to be followed. If you bought equipment with a “RESET” button, then the procedure takes exactly 30 seconds, and in other cases you need to use additional software or contact the camera manufacturer who will reset.
Algorithm of actions for resetting settings
First you need to find out the IP address of the device. If everything is known, then this step can be skipped. If not, then:
- install IP Finder;
- start the SADP program;
- press Enter in the window;
- an IP device with a personal network number will appear in the window.
Connect to CCTV camera
- you need to go to “Start”. “Execute”;
- write the cmd command and press Enter;
- in the window you need to register TELNET and press Enter;
- click on “O” on the English layout and Enter;
- enter the network address of the IP device and press Enter;
- enter Login root and press the Enter button;
- enter the hiklinux password and press Enter. When you enter it is not displayed and the space is also a symbol, so be careful;
- you need to go to the davinchi directory, so type cd davinchi and press Enter;
- view the resulting list of files using the ls command and press Enter. you need to find the devCfg.bin file, then go to the next step;
- start resetting by entering rm devCfg.bin and press the Enter button;
- reboot the device by entering the reboot command and press Enter;
- this is the end of the procedure, you just need to close the command line and the device will work at factory settings with the standard network address. 220.127.116.11, login. admin and password. 12345.
If you did everything correctly, then the Hikvision camera was reset to factory settings. You can now re-configure your site security.
What do we need?
If you decide to reset the Hikvision password yourself or return to the factory settings, you must immediately prepare everything that we need during work:
- directly equipment (recorder, video cameras) Hikvision, where you need to reset the settings;
- a personal computer or laptop with the installed Windows operating system;
- software designed to identify equipment and configure Hikvision, which allows the bundled.
When everything is ready, you can start the direct work to restore the operating system to operability.
Password recovery using programs
If you have a model in which the RESET button is not provided in the interface, then you will be able to restore only using programs. Let’s consider a recovery option with you using the same software as for resetting the settings. SADP. Strictly adhere to the following instructions:
We get the xml file that is needed to reset the password:
- run the installed SADP program;
- in the list of devices, find the one you want to restore and tick the box;
- in the lower right corner you need to find the “Forgot Password” button;
- then click on the “Export” button and save the file in xml format;
- the program and device must be active.
It is necessary to send the form to our mail, indicating the following data:
- surname, name, patronymic;
- the name of the equipment;
- the serial number of the equipment;
- phone number for feedback;
- indicate the essence of the problem. reset the password of the Hikvision camera;
- attach the resulting xml file.
In just a few days we will send you an xml file, which you will need to save, where is the reset software.
- highlight the “Import File” tab, click on the folder icon;
- you must select the saved file that you received from us;
- enter a new password and confirm it. click on the “Confim” button.
This recovery method is suitable for absolutely all CCTV cameras that do not have a built-in reset function using the RESET button.
Should you use default data in production?
It is recommended that the person who owns the old Hikvision camera model released before the software version V5.3.0 change the default values. This is because the combination used by the manufacturer is readily available on the web. There is a risk that an unauthorized person will gain access to the management of the gadget and the archive stored on it.
If the gadget has software version V5.3.0, then there are no default values. The user is obliged to set a password when accessing the camera for the first time.
In addition, the operating instructions supplied with the device by the manufacturer recommends updating the passcode every month.
What is the default username and password for Hikvision cameras
Hikvision gadgets have no default password since V5.3.0. The preset value was only required by older models. For modern devices, a combination for access must be specified during the activation of the device.
Standard logins and passwords
Previously, Hikvision used preset values for its cameras. They took the form:
- login admin;
- password 12345.
This is due to increased operational safety. If the camera does not have a Reset button, the user has 2 ways to enter the device, the password for which is not available:
- Answer previously asked security questions.
- Contact Support and prove that he is the rightful owner of the gadget.
The second method is used if the person, when activating the camera, did not set the ability to reset the password through security questions. In this case, he will receive a special file that will reset the gadget settings.
When using any of the methods, the device will return to its original state and it will need to be activated again, as when connecting for the first time. In this case, you will need to generate a new password, no values will be preset.
How the camera is activated
Hikvision IP-camera can be activated in 4 ways:
- via an internet browser;
- using the SADP program;
- via the iVMS-4200 client;
- using a video recorder.
In the first case, the following step-by-step instructions are used:
- Type 192.168.1.64 in the address bar.
- In the window that appears, set the username and password.
- Confirm the action by clicking the “OK” button.
If the device cannot be activated using this method, then you need to use SADP:
- Install the program from the disc supplied with the camcorder.
- Start searching for devices.
- In the created list, select an inactive gadget.
- Check the box to the left of its name.
- Create a password in the dialog that appears at the bottom right of the screen.
- Change the IP address of the device to the one used by the local network.
- Confirm the new address with the access code set in step 5.
Work through the iVMS-4200 client follows the same scheme. The difference lies in 2 points:
- the name of the inactive device must be found on the Device Management tab;
- the transition to setting the password occurs by pressing the Activate button located on the right above the list of devices.
When using the latter method, the gadget will automatically be assigned the password previously set for the registrar. There are several ways to act:
- through the DVR interface, which allows you to simultaneously activate all CCTV cameras found on the local network;
- using a PoE connection;
- manually add a device from among those included in the local network.
Regardless of the method used, you need to proceed to the activation process after connecting the camera. It can be connected directly to a computer or via a router.
Password reset on Hikvision DVR
It is possible to reset the password on the DVR, or any other Hikvision network device, using a personal computer connected to the same local computer network and the free SADP software. This instruction is valid for program version 3.0.0 or higher. Look for the installer on the disc that came with Hikvision equipment or on the Internet.
Start the SADP program. Immediately after launch, the program will search for network-connected Hikvision devices and display them all in a list. You can repeat the search using the Refresh button in the upper right part of the window. In the picture below, the program detected 1 device: the DS-7104HQFI-F1 / N recorder. If SADP cannot find your device, please make sure the network connection is correct.
Click the Export button located at the top of the window. With its help, the SADP program generates the information necessary to reset the password and saves it to a file.
Select the folder on your computer where the file will be saved.
Send the generated file to your manager’s email, and in the text of the letter indicate the serial number of the device.
Service center engineers generate a response file, depending on their load, from 5 minutes to several hours. During this time, the recorder must be turned on. If it reboots, the procedure will have to start over. The response file will be sent to your email.
In the same window, switch the mode of operation from Input Key to Import File. Click on the folder symbol to specify the path to the response file.
The line now displays the path and file name.
Enter the new password twice. Use only English letters and numbers. If you enter the password in Russian / Ukrainian, you will have to start the procedure anew. Click Confirm. Password updated.