How to set an iPhone ringtone
So that every time you hear a familiar melody, you do not need to grab your with your phone, you need to download the ringtone to your iPhone. You can make the desired call yourself from musical compositions.mp3. Or by downloading a ready-made file from the Internet.
The iphone ringtone must be in.m4r format. a special format for ringtones, and the length of the composition does not exceed 40 seconds.
How to put music on iPhone ringtone? The procedure is as follows:
- Select and upload the file of the desired ringtone to iTunes.
- Reduce the duration of a piece of music to 40 seconds.
- Convert file to AAC format.
- Download the file of the finished ringtone to iPhone by syncing with iTunes.
- Place a call on iPhone.
Now let’s take a closer look at how to set a ringtone on an iPhone.
Video instruction on how to add ringtone to iPhone. All of the above actions in a short video.
Uploading a ringtone file to iTunes
Instructions on how to put a melody on an iPhone via iTunes are described in detail in the article “How to upload music to an iphone”.
Open the iTunes program (you can download it for free from the official website Apple.com/ru/iTunes/download).
Go to the “Music” section by clicking on the note icon in the upper left corner.
Click on the “File” item and in the pop-up menu that appears, select “Add File to Library”.
The uploaded file will be displayed in the library.
Convert to ringtone format
First select the file. Then open the File menu. It contains the item “Convert” and then “Create version in AAC format”
The conversion of the file will begin, as a result of which a file with the same name, but of a shorter duration will appear.
Click on this new file with the right mouse button and select “Show in Windows Explorer” from the drop-down menu.
An explorer window will open. Here you need to change the file extension from m4a to m4r. That is, change the last letter “a” to “r”. (If you do not show extensions, then select in the explorer “Tools. Folder Properties. View. and uncheck the menu” Hide extensions for registered file types “). You can immediately copy the resulting file to another folder where you can easily find it.
Now without closing the explorer window, return to the iTunes window and go to the “Sounds” section. To do this, click on the “.” Icon and select “Sounds” in the drop-down list.
Return to the explorer window and drag the ringtone file with the mouse to the iTunes window. (You can do it through the “File” item. By default, the converted files are in the C: \ username \ My Music \ iTunes folder). The file should appear in the list of ringtones.
Sync iPhone with iTunes
If your iPhone is not already connected to your computer, connect it using a USB cable. Click on the device icon in the top bar of iTunes.
Select Sounds in the left pane. In the right window, check the “Synchronize sounds” checkbox. By default, all ringtones in iTunes will sync to iPhone. Then synchronize the device by clicking the “Finish” button.
After synchronizing the phone, you can set the iphone ringtone and assign it to any contacts from the phone book.
How to set an iPhone ringtone
To put your finished music on your iphone, open the Settings app on your phone. Click “Sounds” in the next “Ringtone” window. A list of ringtones installed on your phone will appear. The one you create will be the very first. Click on it, a check mark will appear on the right. Thus, you were able to change the melody on the iPhone by setting your music instead of “Marimba”.
Besides, you can put music on iphone ringtone for each contact. To do this, open Contacts in the phone application, select the subscriber whose call should be different from the others, click Change. Scroll down to the Ringtone field to set iPhone ringtone. The number of contacts with unique ringtones is also unlimited.
You can place a call on iphone 4, iphone 5, iphone 6 using the same principle. The difference may only be in the iTunes version, but the procedure is the same everywhere.
After that, you will not confuse the sound of your phone with anyone else, and you will recognize calls from especially important persons from the very first second.
Limiting the length of the melody
Now you need to reduce the length of the piece of music to 40 seconds, otherwise you will not be able to put music on the iPhone call.
This can be done using online services or special programs on the smartphone itself.
Here’s a look at how it’s done in iTunes.
Right-click on the name of the music file. In the drop-down menu, select “Details”.
The file properties window will open. Click the Options tab. Here, in the “start” and “end” fields, you need to indicate the fragment of the recording that you want to cut out of the entire piece of music.
Fragment duration should not exceed 40 seconds.
After setting the time interval, click “OK”.
Now you need to convert the file to ringtone format and put the song on a call.
Purchase from the iTunes Store
The most affordable option allows you to do without a computer and any third-party applications. Apple has provided an opportunity for users to buy ready-made ringtones from a large and regularly updated collection.
- At the bottom of the screen, switch to the “Sounds” section. Above is a menu marked with a “2”, which simplifies the search process. By default, ready-made selections open, in which ringtones are collected by groups.
- Switching the view to “Top charts” we get the sorting of sounds by popularity, calculated based on the number of downloads made by users. Choosing the melody you like.
- Before downloading the ringtone, the system will offer to set its purpose in a pop-up window. If you use the button marked in the screenshot, the sound will simply be downloaded to the device. You can manually set it as a default ringtone or to indicate a call from a specific contact.
- The last step involves paying for the purchase using the Touch ID fingerprint sensor. If for some reason it is not configured, you will have to do it the old fashioned way by entering the password from your Apple account.
Using the instructions given in this material, you can independently set and configure the settings for using ringtones. If desired, the notification scheme can be completely changed by choosing comfortable sounds and giving the smartphone an additional element of individuality.
- Inside we see a group “Sounds and vibration patterns” in which all types of notifications are configured. The screenshot shows the most commonly used ringtone control unit.
- The list of available tunes begins with those purchased or installed by the user himself through iTunes. The default sound for incoming calls is indicated by a blue check mark in front of the track name. To change the ringtone, just tap on the one that we are going to use in the future. The smartphone will play the selected melody making it possible to evaluate the sound volume. The number “2” in the screenshot shows an area that allows you to do without synchronization with a PC when switching to a new device. By clicking on the interactive link, we automatically download all ringtones previously purchased from the iTunes Store to your iPhone. Of course, this method will work only if they were purchased under the same Apple ID account.
The described principle is suitable for changing the melody of an incoming SMS, notifications of new mail and others contained in the general list. The only limitation in this case is again the length of the piece of music. If a ringtone for a call can have a duration of 30 seconds, then for other notifications it should be 29 seconds or less. Otherwise, the melody will not be displayed in the list of available for use in this type of notification.
Ringtone for contact
All incoming calls from recorded or unknown subscribers are identified by the default ringtone selected in the previous paragraph. An individual ringtone is assigned directly in the smartphone’s address book.
- Open the contact card for which we want to set a unique call identifier. In the upper right corner of the screen, click on the “Change” button indicated in the screenshot by the arrow.
- Edit mode is activated. In this state, we can make changes to the data stored for the contact. A boxed “Ringtone” section appears below the areas for recording names, phone numbers and email addresses.
- Opening it, we see the default melody. The rest of the sounds available for use on a smartphone are grouped below. The selected one for this contact will be indicated by a blue check mark.
Trim Song in iTunes
The free option of installing a call involves making it yourself in iTunes. Here, the user’s imagination is limited to only one factor. The total duration of the fragment selected for making the ringtone should not exceed 30 seconds. In this case, you can use almost any track in mp3 format that is available in your music collection.
- Open the selected song using iTunes. We call the context menu by clicking on the ellipsis, which appears at the place of the duration of the composition when you hover over it with the mouse pointers. We select the item “Information”, indicated in the screenshot by the number “2”.
- In the additional window that opens, go to the “Parameters” tab. Select the desired fragment from which we will create a call and set its boundaries using the checkboxes indicated by the arrow. You can determine the beginning and end of a track with an accuracy of hundredths of a second. After completing all operations, it is imperative to return to this point in order to remove the set boundaries. Otherwise, the music composition will not be played in full, but with a time-stamped passage.
- In the top control menu, select the “File” item. We go down it to the “Conversion” section. Expanding the nested menu, select the creation of a version in the AAC format. The need to perform this operation is due to the fact that Apple uses the MP codec in its devices
- Returning in the main window of the program to the composition selected for work below the original, we will find a second file with a given duration. As described above, we call the context menu for the created track segment. We pass in it to the point marked with a frame. In Windows it is called “Show in Explorer”.
- A folder with two files will open in the system file manager window. The original composition in mp3 format and the fragment we created with the m4a extension. Select the latter and right-click to call the standard context menu for managing parameters for it.
- From the general list, select the item “Rename”.
- We change the extension m4a to the one that is standardly used in the “apple” technique for m4r ringtones, rewriting the last letter in it. The system will ask you to perform the specified operation. We confirm it by pressing the button indicated in the screenshot.
- Switch iTunes to manage mobile devices using the icon marked with an arrow. In the drop-down list, select your iPhone 7 or 7 Plus.
- In the navigation area, open the “Overview” item. We put a tick in the place indicated by the arrow. When Apple Music is enabled, this parameter has the value shown in the screenshot. If the branded streaming service on the smartphone is not activated, it is called “Manually process music and video”. Finish the configuration by clicking the “Apply” button.
- We return to the navigation area and switch to the “Sounds” section. From the file manager window, drag the song segment with the m4r extension, which we want to use as a ringtone, into the area marked with “2”. The cable connection is optional during the described operations. When syncing with a computer via Wi-Fi is configured, the smartphone just needs to be in the range. To download the ringtone to the device, press the button indicated by the number “3”.
Configuring sound options
Having completed the installation of melodies in any of the described ways, we will consider several useful options that will come in handy when working with sound events.
How to put a ringtone on iPhone 7
The set of ringtones included with iOS, Apple’s mobile operating system, remains largely unchanged. By purchasing a new iPhone model, the user receives a familiar notification pattern. Some have been using standard sounds for years without any discomfort. At the same time, many users are interested in the question of how to set a ringtone on an iPhone 7, 8 or X. In this article, we will give several ways to change the sound of an incoming call or message and make your phone more individual.
1 Create a ringtone file
There are two rules for iPhone ringtones: they must be no more than 30 seconds long and be in a special m4r format.
There are several ways to create such a file:
- Through audio trimming services such as Audiko or Ringer.org. Upload the song file there, set the duration, select the m4r download format and download the resulting ringtone to your computer. Suitable for Mac OS users.
Using audio cutting software such as iRinger. Install the program, open the audio for it, cut it, save it to m4r. Suitable for Windows users.
How to set ANY Song as iPhone Ringtone (Free and No Computer)!
In order to add a new ringtone to iPhone, you need to create an audio file in m4r format with a duration of no more than 30 seconds, transfer it to your device using automatic synchronization and set it as a ringtone.
2 Transfer file to iPhone
The finished ringtone in the required format must be dropped onto the device. This is also not as easy as it seems. There are two ways to do this:
- Using iTunes. To do this, you need to place the created audio file in the Sounds (Ringtones) folder in iTunes and synchronize the data with the device. How to do this depends on your version of iTunes.
- If you have iTunes version below 10, just drag the file into the iTunes window by opening the Ringtones (Sounds) folder in the program. Then connect the iPhone to the computer, the device will sync and the file will be added to the iPhone.
- If you have iTunes version 10 to 12.6, the Ringtones (Sounds) folder is hidden in the program. You can open it in several ways: drag the ringtone file into the program window; press CtrlO, select a file and press OK; go to the menu Edit → Settings → General, check the Ringtones (Sounds) box and move the file to the folder that appears; right-click on the iTunes menu, select Edit Menu, check the Sounds box and drag the file to the folder that appears. If dragging and dropping does not work. copy by pressing Ctrl C / Ctrl V. Then connect the iPhone and synchronization will transfer the file to the device.
- If you have iTunes 12.7, first connect your iPhone to your computer, wait for the sync to start, and then grab the ringtone file and drag (copy by pressing Ctrl C / Ctrl V) it onto the image of your device in the Devices section.
The file will be automatically added to the iPhone.
How to put a song on an iPhone ring: a trick versus copyright
Believe it or not, you can’t just pick up and put a ringtone on an iPhone. On Android, this is done in a few taps! But the fact is the fact, therefore, we provide a comprehensive instruction for today on how to put a song on the iPhone ringtone.
In addition, you can search for music by individual artist, or, conversely, view the current top charts. Songs purchased in iTunes can be set to a call using Apple’s native tools. And the in iTunes for Russia and the CIS do not really bite: one track costs about 19 rubles.
But if you listen exclusively to Nordic black metal and think that there is only pop in iTunes, or you write music yourself, or you want to put on the call exactly that bison roar that you yourself just cut from a YouTube video, no purchase will help. In this case, we give detailed instructions on how to download any ringtone to iPhone.
3 Set the song to the iPhone ringtone
Whichever transfer method you use, the file should end up on the iPhone in the Ringtones (Sounds) folder.
- Open iPhone Settings → Sounds → Ringtone.
- Your song will be first on the list. Click on her to make her call.
How to Ring a Song on iPhone (iTunes 12.7 and Newer) on PC
In order to be able to create and download ringtones through iTunes, one parameter of the system settings needs to be changed in Windows. Go to “Start” → “Control Panel” → “Folder Options” (“Folder Options”), go to the “View” tab and uncheck the box next to “Hide extensions for registered file types”. This will be needed to rename the ringtone we are creating.
Open iTunes and select the song you want to create a ringtone from (or add a song by clicking File → Add File to Library). Listen to the song and record the start and end times of the segment you would like to hear as a ringtone. Maximum ringtone length 40 seconds.
Advice! You can also trim a song for iPhone ringtone in an easier way, which is described in detail in this manual. If you use an alternative method, then after that you can immediately go to step 8.
Right-click on a song and select Song Info. Then go to the “Parameters” tab and specify the desired start and end time of the call (the sound file itself will not be cut off). After the end of the interval selection, click “OK”.
Note that after setting the marks of the beginning and end of your future ringtone, it is recommended to listen to the song and, if necessary, make changes to the length of the segment.
Right click on the song of your choice and select “File” → “Convert” → “Create AAC Version”.
You will see another copy of the future ringtone, the creation of which will be accompanied by a sound notification.
Right click on the new song and select “Show in Windows Explorer”.
The selected file must be renamed to the m4r extension (iPhone ringtone format).
Connect iPhone to computer using USB cable and select smartphone in iTunes window.
In the On My Device column, select the Sounds section. Drag the ringtone you created (.m4r file) to the list of ringtones available on iPhone and click “Done”.
After that, the ringtone will be available on your iPhone under “Settings” → “Sounds”. After completing the procedure, be sure to remove the start and end times of the original melody. Just uncheck the boxes that were set in point 3.
How to put a song on a call on an iPhone?
Setting a ringtone on an iPhone is not an easy task and it is very strange. It would seem that such a friendly system as iOS should include a simple tool for this operation, but in reality this is not at all the case. However, there is a way out and today we will tell you how to install a song on your iPhone using just iTunes.
How to Ring a Song on an iPhone (iTunes 12.6 and Older)
The first step is to make certain settings. Go to “Start” → “Control Panel” → “Folder Options” (“Folder Options”), go to the “View” tab and uncheck the box next to “Hide extensions for registered file types”. This will be needed to rename the ringtone we are creating.
Open iTunes and add a song by clicking File → Add File to Library. Listen to the song and the section from it that you would like to hear as a ringtone. The maximum length of the track being played is 40 seconds.
Right-click on the song and select Details. Go to the “Parameters” tab and specify the desired start and end time of the call (the sound file itself will not be cut off). After the end of the interval selection, click “OK”.
Right click on the song of your choice and select Create AAC Version. You will see another copy of the future ringtone.
Right click on the new song and select Show in Windows Explorer. The selected file must be renamed to the m4r extension (iPhone ringtone format).
Drag the ringtone into iTunes (or add the usual “File” → “Add file to library”). it will appear in a new category “Sounds”, which will contain all ringtones.
Synchronize iPhone with computer. After the synchronization is complete, the ringtone can be found by going to “Settings” → “Sounds” → “Ringtone”.
After completing the procedure, be sure to remove the start and end times of the original melody. Just uncheck the boxes that were set in point 3.
How to Ring a Song on iPhone on Mac (iTunes 12.7 and Newer)
Launch iTunes and select the song you want to make a ringtone from. Right-click on it and select “Song Details”.
In the window that opens, select the “Options” tab, check the boxes next to the “Beginning” and “End” items, specify the segment of the beginning and end of the ringtone you are creating and click “OK”. Before performing this action, of course, it is recommended to listen to the song and write down the start and end times of the segment in advance, which will become your future ringtone.
In iTunes, select File → Convert → Create AAC Version. Immediately after that, a new song will appear in your library, shortened to the specified segment.
Right click on the created song and select “Show in Finder”.
In the window that opens with your future ringtone, right-click on it, click “Rename” and change the file extension from m4a to m4r (iPhone ringtone format).
Connect iPhone to Mac with USB cable and select smartphone in iTunes window.
In the On My Device column, select the Sounds section. Drag the ringtone you created (.m4r file) to the list of ringtones available on iPhone and click “Done”.
After that, the ringtone will be available on your iPhone under “Settings” → “Sounds”. After completing the procedure, be sure to remove the start and end times of the original melody. Just uncheck the boxes that were set in point 2.
Please rate 5 stars at the bottom of the article if you like this topic. Subscribe to us Telegram. In contact with. Instagram YouTube.
How to put music on a call via iTunes?
You can make a ringtone for a call via iTunes using the following algorithm:
First of all, launch iTunes and open the side menu by pressing CTRLS.
Select the track you would like to make a ringtone from and right-click on it. We will be making a ringtone from the Depeche Mode song “In Your Room”. In the menu that appears, select “Information”.
In the “Information” block, move from the “Details” section (which is selected by default) to the “Parameters” section. you will see the following window:
Here you can adjust the volume of the ringtone (for example, double the original composition) and select an equalizer preset:
The presets are the same as those available in the settings of the standard “Music” application.
Check the boxes next to “Start” and “End” and set the interval so that the duration of the ringtone does not exceed 40 seconds.
Then click the “OK” button at the bottom of the window.
Find the edited track in the list of your library and select it.
Although the library says the track is originally 4:51 minutes long, when you play it back in iTunes, you will find that the track has been trimmed to 30 seconds.
Follow the path “File”. “Convert”. “Create version to AAC” without deselecting the selected track:
A “clone” will appear next to the original song in MP3 format. a trimmed AAC track half a minute long.
Upon completion of this operation, do not forget to return through the “Parameters” the previous duration of the original track.
Right click on the AAC file and select Show in Windows Explorer:
A special iTunes folder will open, located on the computer’s C drive. the ringtone will “lie” in it:
Change the file format from m4a to m4r. This is where the complexity lies, because on many Windows 7 computers, file formats are hidden. To show the permissions, you will have to dig deeper into the computer settings. in the explorer, type “Folder Options” and go to the section found. A window like this will appear:
Go to the “View” tab and uncheck the box next to the item “Hide extensions for registered file types” (located almost at the very bottom). Click Apply and OK. After that, the format will be displayed next to the file name in the iTunes folder. changing a to r is easy:
The final chord remains: in the side menu of the iTunes library, select the “Sounds” section and enter the melody in m4r format in the field that appears:
Connect iPhone to PC via USB cable and start sync. An important point: after connecting the gadget to your computer, click on the device icon in the top panel of iTunes and select the “Sounds” section in the left panel:
Check the box next to “Sync sounds” and click the “Apply” button below. If this operation is not performed, synchronization will be ineffective, no matter how much you do it.
Next, setting the music to the call is a matter of technology: on the iPhone, go along the “Settings” “Sounds” “Ringtone” path and select a new ringtone (it will be the first in the line). A new call can be set not only for a general call, but also for a specific subscriber. for this you need to find a suitable contact, click “Change” and select “Ringtone”.
How to put ringtone on iPhone?
Novice iPhone users often give up the idea of putting their own ringtone on the call, considering the procedure too troublesome and preferring the standard Marimba. However, as iPhones spread among domestic users, the use of built-in ringtones begins to cause inconvenience: when Marimba sounds in a public place, every second person reaches into his for a gadget to check if they are calling him.
The increase in demand for original ringtones has given rise to new opportunities for their creation: now you can put a song on a call not only using iTunes, but also through other software. It is important to remember two rules: the ringtone must have a special permission m4r and not exceed 40 seconds.
How to put ringtone on iPhone via iTools?
iTools is an alternative software solution from Chinese manufacturers that allows Apple users to download music without syncing and iTunes in general. Creating and putting a ringtone through iTools is incomparably easier than through iTunes, however, this method has its drawbacks.
When creating ringtone on iPhone using iTools, follow the instructions:
Open iTools and navigate to the “Music” section:
Use the “Add” button to add the composition to the list:
Highlight a song in the list and click the “Make Ringtones” button located in the top panel. A window like this will appear:
On the right you will see the duration of the unprocessed track. the composition from the example is 5 minutes 23 seconds. Set the parameters “Start” and “End” so that the duration does not exceed 40 seconds.
Click the “Save To Local” button, and the program will offer to save the ringtone to the computer memory immediately in m4r format:
Find the created ringtone on your computer and add it to the list with a simple drag and drop:
Connect the gadget to your computer and click the “Import To Device” button in the top panel of the program. This will add the ringtone to the device memory.
In terms of creating ringtones, iTools has a number of advantages over iTunes: firstly, the user of Chinese software does not need to fool himself with extensions, and secondly, he does not need to synchronize. However, the iTools program also has drawbacks: it is not Russified and does not give the user the ability to edit the meta-data of the compositions.
You can place a call on the iPhone without using a PC at all. there are several special applications for creating ringtones in the AppStore, such as Ringtone and iTrax. You can read about the pros and cons of these and other programs for trimming music here.
How to set a ringtone on iPhone?
Absolutely all iPhone owners sooner or later think about installing a new melody on the call. Standard is very good, but sooner or later it gets boring.
I know many people who do not change the standard ringtone and then, when you walk down the street or are just in any public place, when you hear your melody, you start reaching for your phone.
If on Android this task can be done easily enough, then the situation for iPhone owners will be a little more complicated, because basically you cannot do without a computer.
Today I will tell you how you can change the melody on your smartphone using iTunes, which you all probably know.
How to make a ringtone on iPhone?
First of all, we will create our own ringtone, without this step there is simply no way. Also, immediately remember your favorite song and listen to it a couple of times.
For now, your task is to remember your favorite part of the song and where it is approximately located. This will be useful to us a little later, but for now, let’s start creating:
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- We are looking for a favorite track in the My Music section, if it is not there yet, then drag it directly from the location folder to this section.
- Now, having found it in the list, click on it with the Right Mouse Button (RMB) and select the Information item.
Go to the Options tab and now we need two items Start and End. In the first, you enter the beginning of your favorite piece of the track, in the second, the end, and the duration should not exceed 30 seconds. Once done, click OK.
Again, click on the PKM song and select the Create version in AAC format.
Immediately above your song, another song appeared with the same name, but lasting 30 seconds. On it, click RMB and select Show in Windows Explorer.
A folder with a song opens, where we press RMB on it and click on Properties.
At the end of the song title, change the format from m4a to m4r. Do not forget to confirm by clicking OK below.
The melody for the future ringtone has been created, now it remains to drop it on the iPhone so that you can use it as a signal for a call.
How to put a ringtone on iPhone?
A long time to create a ringtone can be avoided if you find where you can download the finished work. Usually there are entire sites or just groups in VK where you can find your favorite tracks.
Let’s start dropping the ringtone on the iPhone:
- We take our device and connect it using a regular cable to your PC.
- In the iTunes window, you select Three Dots, click on the section called Sounds;
Open the folder that you collapsed in the 9th paragraph and drag the song to the Sounds section. The song should appear in the list.
Click on the shortcut of your iPhone, on the left, select the Sounds section, click Synchronize.
The process is not simple enough, but this is done by standard means. The first time is long enough, but then you can do all the points quickly enough and without hesitation.
Now you know how you can create yourself a melody and set it as a ringtone for a call on your favorite iPhone.
As practice shows, people usually find a resource with ringtones, which I mentioned in the article. Thus, you cut the whole thing in half. Do as you like, because this is your time and your device.
Advantages of the method of downloading ringtones using the file manager
- The minimum number of user actions;
- No need to sync iPhone to PC;
- Maximum download speed.
There is little left to do, you need to put the downloaded ringtone as a ringtone in the iPhone settings, for this:
How to Set ANY Song as RINGTONE on iPhone (No Computer)
- On iPhone, go to Settings = Sounds = Ringtone. Among the list of ringtones, find your own and check the box next to it.
- That’s all, your ringtone will sound whenever an incoming call arrives on your phone.
By the way, the melody can be installed using different software, for example, on the Ktonasoft website you can find a lot of programs that will help you with this. But be careful when downloading software from third-party sites.!
How to put a ringtone on an iPhone. Instructions
The iPhone, like any other phone model, has a set of standard melodies that can be set for a call, SMS and alarm clock. But there is one nuance. If in simple phones, in addition to standard sounds, you can put any downloaded melody in the.mp3 format on a call, then in an iPhone you will not be able to do this so easily. Yes, this is how this modern gadget works. Apple developers, as they say, did their best. Therefore, we will not be at all surprised that you are interested in how to put a ringtone on an iPhone from non-standard sounds. You will find out the answer to this question by reading this article to the end.
Create a ringtone in iTunes
This app is already installed on your device. But, unfortunately, not everyone can afford to use it, since all the melodies there are paid. But do not be discouraged, if you have a computer / laptop, you can independently create a ringtone from the song you like absolutely free. To do this, you need to do the following:
- Install the iTunes application. You can download it from the official website of Apple developers.
- Launch iTunes and click on the “Album” tab.
- Choosing a song from which we will create a ringtone.
- We click on it with the mouse and select “Information”.
- In the window that opens, click on the “Parameters” tab and mark the required interval for the future ringtone. Keep in mind that it should not be longer than 30 seconds! We save the changes by clicking the “Ok” button.
- Right-click on the newly created file and select “Create version for AAC format”. After this action, the second track appeared in the list. These files will have the same name, but the playing time will be different. But that’s not all, because before you put a ringtone on the iPhone, you need to change it into a different format.
- Click on the.aac file and select “Show in Windows Explorer” / “Show in Windows Explorer”. Thus, the track we created will open in the explorer.
- Copy it to your desktop and delete from your iTunes library.
- Change the file extension from.m4a to.m4r. To do this, just rename it.
- Open the “Ringtones” section. Drag the.m4r file from the desktop into it.
- Connect iPhone to PC and select it in the program window.
- Open the “Sounds” tab, mark the created melody in order to synchronize it with your gadget, and click the “Apply” button.
- Disconnect the device from the PC.
If you did everything correctly, the ringtone you created will already be in the iPhone and will be displayed in the “Sounds” section. Well, how to put a ringtone on the iPhone, we examined a little higher.
How to put your own melody (ringtone) on a call in iPhone (iphone)
Today we will share with you information on how to set your own music as a ringtone on iPhone. The process assumes that you already have a ringtone file, recall that for iPhone its format (extension) must be.m4r, and you just need to download it and put it as a ringtone.
You can install a ringtone on an iPhone either by regular iTunes tools, or by means of alternative unofficial file managers.
We will consider both options, in the second we will use one of the best file managers, and even free iFunbox (free download).
How to put your own ringtone on iPhone using iFunBox
- Launch iFunbox, in the horizontal navigation bar of the program, go to the “Quick Toolbox” tab. The required tab is at the bottom
In the “Import Files and Data” category, click on the “User Ringtone” icon.
Click where the mouse cursor is pointing
After copying, the file will be available as a ringtone on your device
Disadvantages of the method
- To download the ringtone file to the phone memory, you need to sync the iPhone with iTunes, and this may take a long time (depending on the contents of the library and the last sync date).
The disadvantage is significant, and to avoid it, the alternative file manager iFunbox will come in handy. The manager’s capabilities are beyond the scope of this article, he has many functions, we will talk about them a little later. But we will tell about one of them below.