Samsung Galaxy Smart View
If you have a Samsung Galaxy, you can use “Smart View” to mirror your phone screen to your TV. You can find this feature in the settings.
Click “Get Started”. Select ‘Mirror [TV brand]’ and click “Start Broadcast”.
How to watch videos from iPhone on TV
If you have an iPhone, chances are you won’t be able to play iPhone videos on your TV using Apple’s built-in wireless standard. You will need a compatible Apple TV box, such as Apple TV 2 and up, which starts at 150. If you don’t have an Apple TV or TV that is AirPlay 2 compatible, you can turn to screen casting apps that work in a similar way. Just make sure you update your device to the most recent software. Then follow these steps to play video from iPhone or iPad on TV.
How to watch videos from iPad on TV
Want to learn how to play iPad videos on TV? For example, if you’ve already downloaded the Screencasting app from Airbeam TV, you can start watching the video right away. Open the app on your iPad and select your TV. Then, just click the “Get Started” button. Sit back and enjoy!
For apps without Cast option, you can use Screen mirroring to watch videos from Android phone to TV.
Use your Chromecast media player to stream video content to compatible TVs. This feature is supported by many popular streaming services.
AirBeamTV app for watching videos from your phone on TV
You can stream videos from your phone using Apple AirPlay. But you will need to make sure you have a compatible Apple TV device. Some TV brands offer integrated AirPlay solutions for certain models.
How to Airplay Media to your Apple TV
If you don’t have Apple TV or AirPlay, you can turn to third-party apps like AirBeamTV that work with a wide range of brands.
Airbeam TV records your phone’s screen and then “streams” that video to your TV over Wi-Fi. You don’t need any additional hardware to set up. Once you download the AirBeamTV app to your devices, you can stream videos to your TV. You can stream your screen almost “live” to any TV. The app works with all popular TV brands.
Download the app. Select a video on your phone. Click Start Broadcast. The app will instantly start playing iPhone videos on TV.
Ready to watch videos from your phone or tablet on your TV? Keep reading to learn how to play big screen videos from your iPhone or iPad.
How to Connect iPhone to TV via WI-FI and Display Image Photos and Videos on Smart TV to Watch Movie or Duplicate Screen?
Those who use the Apple TV set-top box do not ask the question “how to connect an iPhone to a TV”. Because the display of images from iPhone to Smart TV is done via AirPlay in literally two steps and does not require any additional programs. But the owners of Samsung, LG, Sony or Philips TVs, in order to display photos or transfer videos from iPhone to TV, will have to install an additional application. For example, to watch a movie or to mirror the screen.
Connecting iPhone to TV via WI-FI for video transmission
Guests come to me very often. And to show your friends some photos from recent trips, it’s much more convenient to use a large TV for this than a small iPhone display. To do this, you can use the iPhone Screen Repeat feature. In addition, if you connect it to a TV, you can also play music through its speakers or even watch movies, including directly from YouTube.
How to connect an iPhone to a TV
So, in order to display a video or photo from an iPhone on a TV, you need the following:
- The TV should be able to connect to your home router. It doesn’t matter how you do it. via cable, or via WI-FI, or via a TV set-top box on Android. The main thing is that it is on the same local network as the iPhone. I have already talked about all the ways to connect a TV to the Internet.
- The TV must have DLNA or Miracast support. These are the ones we will use to broadcast the video. In modern Sony, Samsung, Philips, LG or any other smart TV, it is already built into the shell. If you have an outdated model, then you can easily connect an Android set-top box to it, where all modern technologies also work by default. Or the simplest Miracast adapter.
Two technologies can be used to connect iPhone to TV. MiraCast and DLNA.
- Miracast (AirPlay on iPhone). Used to mirror the screen to a large monitor. Everything you see on your phone will be displayed exactly on your TV.
- DLNA is the ability to output only video, photos or music from the iPhone to the TV screen.
How to duplicate iPhone screen on TV?
The easiest way to display iPhone screen on TV is Screen Mirroring. The branded set-top box Apple TV is organically linked to smartphones of the same company using AirPlay. But if you don’t have one, you can connect a Miracast adapter to your TV. With it, you can display a picture from absolutely any device. via Intel WiDi from a computer or laptop on Windows, from a MacBook on MacOS or an Android smartphone.
There are many models of such adapters. I use Rombica SmartCast which is versatile and works with all of the above technologies. That is, it can just display a video or photo on the TV, or duplicate the screen.
To do this, simply connect the TV and the phone to the same WI-FI network. Pull the bottom curtain on the iPhone and select “Screen Repeat”
And we choose our Apple TV as the receiver
Then the iPhone screen is duplicated on TV
Ways to connect iPhone to TV
Synchronization of these devices for video transmission and image transmission using a cable is possible in the following ways.
- Via HDMI cable or composite connector. If the TV does not have the ability to connect to a wireless network, this is the most budgetary option for how to transfer media content.
- Using proprietary AirPlay technology.
- Via an optional Apple TV set-top box. Thanks to this device, even the simplest modern TV without Smart TV can be turned into a powerful multimedia center. Of course, purchasing such a media player just for the purpose of broadcasting video from an iPhone to a TV is not rational. If the user’s goal is not only to connect a gadget, but also to equip his TV with other useful functions, it is worth thinking about such TV equipment. The choice here is not limited only to “apple” technology: Smart TV set-top boxes are offered by many manufacturers.
- Through wireless DLNA connections. If the TV has the function of connecting via WI-FI, then you can solve the issue of synchronization without additional equipment. It will be enough to install a free application on your gadget and connect to TV.
- Via Chromecast device. This is a small digital media player from Google. Using it, you can also connect the iPad to the TV.
Connection via other set-top boxes
As mentioned above, to equip your TV with Smart functions it is not at all necessary to choose an expensive AppleTV. There are other set-top boxes that also allow you to connect your iPhone to any TV.
Five ways to output video from iPhone to TV
Modern technical devices open up great opportunities for users: for example, having understood how to display video footage from an iPhone on a TV, you can easily turn your gadget into a mobile cinema. Transferring pictures and videos from iPhone is available in a variety of ways, and there is no need to purchase additional equipment. Modern mobile devices have essential built-in functions.
The creation of this technology has led to the ability to transmit any information, play online video and duplicate the iPhone screen on the TV.
An important requirement for providing such a connection is the availability of support for the TV function. If it is not provided, then you can use the AppleTV console or analogs, their capabilities are described in detail below.
Connect iPhone to TV using AirPlay as follows:
- device and TV are connected to the same wireless network;
- with a swipe down, you need to open the shutter and find an item in quick access. screen duplication;
- in the window that opens, find the Smart TV with which you are pairing;
- after selecting TV, a window with a password will appear on its screen, which must be entered on a mobile phone.
To disable duplication, just open the shutter again and tap the AirPlay function button once.
Wireless connection via DLNA
Image and video from iPhone, videos from YouTube, music played, can be transferred to the TV via WI-FI wireless network. You can even play games through a newfangled device on a large TV screen. The process is controlled from the phone, and all actions are duplicated on the TV.
Of course, this method of transmitting multimedia content is considered one of the simplest, since the whole process consists in pressing several buttons on the gadget display. But apart from the mobile device, the TV must also meet certain characteristics. In the absence of the possibility of connecting the TV panel to a wireless network, you will need to resort to additional equipment or special adapters.
To create a home network using DLNA technology, 2 conditions must be met.
- The main thing is that the TV on which you plan to play the video is equipped with support for working with a WI-FI connection.
- Also, the phone and TV equipment must be connected to the same router.
If the above conditions are met, you can start installing additional applications for work. they can be downloaded for free in the App Store. Wireless networking software helps you transfer data from your phone to your TV. You can choose from several popular utilities: TV Assist. ImediaShare, Flipps, iMediaShare, Belkin MediaPlay. Of course, using the free versions, the user will have to watch constantly flashing ads, which will have to be closed. However, compared with all the advantages, this is an insignificant disadvantage.
After installing additional software, you need to carry out a simple setup. After launching the application, in the appropriate paragraph, select the tab with devices connected to the network and mark your TV. As a rule, the TV brand or model name is always displayed.
Many similar programs for the iPhone assume support for various services YouTube, Vimeo. FoxNews, built-in internet browser. Therefore, you can broadcast video not only from the phone’s memory or the cloud, but also directly from the Internet.
To synchronize devices, you must also allow access from a mobile gadget through the TV interface. You can now play video on iPhone and stream it to the big screen.
How to Connect iPhone to TV Screen Mirror! (2021)
Such applications also have additional features. For example, they turn a gadget into a remote control (this will help in case your TV remote control does not work). In TV Assist, paint enthusiasts can experiment with the Paint tab. While drawing on the phone, the image also appears on the TV screen.
How to connect iPhone to TV via HDMI cable or analog jack
Apple’s mobile gadgets use a proprietary connector. Depending on the models, this is 30-pin, as in the iPad, iPhone 4, or iPod touch (4th generation), or Lightning 8-pin, starting with the iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th generation. A large number of various accessories are produced for such standards, including the Digital AV Adapter. a digital adapter that allows you to duplicate digital content from an iPhone, iPad or iPod to a TV screen. It has an HDMI interface, which is available on most modern LCD TVs. To connect a mobile device to a widescreen panel using such an accessory, an HDMI cable is required, which is also sold separately.
In the absence of the ability to transfer video from the iPhone via HDMI to the TV, a composite or component cable can help. This is a standard that is simply called “tulip”. This option is suitable for television equipment that has an analog connector. In this case, you need to purchase a Composite or Component AV cable from Apple as an adapter for your mobile device, respectively.
Instructions for connecting iPhone to TV via cable.
- Connecting the adapter to the phone.
- Connecting HDMI, Composite or Component Cable to TV.
- Turning on the TV and switching it to the corresponding input signal mode.
- After everything is connected, it is easy to display the video from the iPhone on the TV screen. you just need to play the video on your mobile device.
Thus, you can not only broadcast video in HD-format with a resolution of up to 1080p. (for Lightning), but also image, music, presentations, view applications, Internet resources, etc.
It is worth noting here that the analog and 30-pin connectors for early versions do not support Full HD video transmission.
Smart set-top box AppleTV
In case the TV does not have AirPlay support, or if it does not have Smart functions to pair it with an iPhone, you will need an AppleTV set-top box. It is equipped with its own processor, memory, Wi-Fi module and OS. They allow you to use the TV to which it is connected as a SmartTV.
Advice! It is recommended that you update the OS on all devices before pairing your Apple iPhone and TV using an American brand set-top box. This will avoid sync problems.
To connect a mobile phone to TV via AppleTV, follow these steps.
- The set-top box and smartphone connect to the same wireless network.
- In the AppleTV settings, you need to open the “devices” item and find the device with which you want to connect.
- In the appeared pairing window, you must give consent.
- A window appears on the TV screen with a code that must be entered on the iPhone. If in the future such a connection will be carried out often, then the password request can be disabled on the STB settings.
After the connection is established, you can check its performance by running a video on your smartphone. it should be automatically duplicated on TV.
Useful advice! By installing the AppleTV Remote app on your phone, you can use it instead of the remote control. This is convenient not only for standard switching of channels or volume, but also for entering text when using Smart functions of the set-top box. the keyboard will be displayed on the smartphone.