DIY video surveillance for a private house: how to do it right
CCTV. it is ideal for those who want to reliably protect a private house or cottage. Various surveillance systems allow individual approach to the issue of editing, shooting process and transfer of video for recording. In this article, we will talk about how best to organize video surveillance in a private house with your own hands, and what you need to do for this.
How to organize video surveillance yourself
Despite the seeming complexity, video surveillance installation is a fairly simple process from a technical point of view. Before starting installation, experts recommend considering the following points:
- Consider which areas of the house should be monitored. It can be both internal premises and areas of the adjacent territory: courtyard, entrance and others.
- Think over the required number of cameras, and their subsequent placement in and around the house.
- Decide on the image quality. The ability to distinguish the details of objects in the frame is influenced by: the type of camera (analog, AHD, digital) and its shooting resolution, recording resolution of the recorder, camera angle of view, recording rate (frame rate).
- Take into account the time of day at which the observation will be carried out. For night shooting, it is necessary to select the Appropriate outdoor video surveillance systems, the cameras of which must have built-in IR illumination. And to obtain a high-quality image in the dark at long distances (more than 20-30 m from the camera), it will be necessary to organize lighting on the object, which is activated, for example, by a motion detector.
- Measure the distance from the place of installation of cameras in the recorder (recorder). At the same time, it is important to take into account bends, height differences, etc., because the cable will not be laid in a straight line.
Popular ways to organize video surveillance in a private house
The most common video surveillance systems are divided into several types:
- Video surveillance systems with analog or AHD cameras. this is the best option for those who are interested, first of all, the very presence of observation in order to understand what is happening on the shooting object. The image clarity and picture quality in analog or AHD cameras is usually lower than in digital ones, but this is compensated by the lower cost (about 2-5 times cheaper). Such systems can be installed and configured by an ordinary owner of a private house, since the scheme of their construction is extremely simple and resembles a constructor (cameras, cords. Recorder).
- Digital IP and HD-SDI systems. When using equipment from well-known manufacturers (not Unnamed fakes), the image quality is better than that of systems with analog or AHD cameras, but the costs are significantly higher. The scheme for constructing digital HD-SDI systems is simple (the same as in analog or AHD) and can be done by hand. Digital IP systems are used when you need to create a complex scalable video surveillance system, often with a complex and extensive communication system. The installation and configuration of such systems will be properly entrusted to professionals.
Errors in the organization of video surveillance
Consider the typical mistakes when installing video surveillance in a private house:
- Incorrect video transmission and power calculations. It is important to correctly measure the distances from the cameras to the DVR. And depending on the results obtained, choose one or another type of cable, while NOT exceeding the maximum allowable transmission distances (it is necessary to specify for each camera and cable model). With correct calculations, the image will be transmitted clearly, quickly and without interference.
- Lack of power for the camcorder. This factor affects the stable operation of cameras and image quality (especially at night). over, choosing the wrong power source can ruin the camera. Separate power supplies are usually used to power the camera and recorder.
- Choosing a way to store video information. The more video you need to store, the more the hard disk capacity needs to be. For example, at a frame rate of 25 frames. / C (“live video”) from 4 cameras for 500-700 TVL 7 days with constant recording, about 600-650 GB of information will be captured. Modern hard drives for 1000, 2000 and 3000 GB of memory can easily save video captured for 10-30 days or more.
The listed factors are of utmost importance, since the wrong choice of components of the video surveillance system, their quantity, as well as an illiterate setting will not be able to provide the desired result. To ensure reliable surveillance, it is better to use ready-made video surveillance systems.
Ready-made video surveillance systems
Ready-made video surveillance systems consist of three main components:
- Recorder (a recorder with a hard disk inside to work with it)
- Cameras (they can be used outdoors and indoors, differ in type, resolution, viewing angle, presence or absence of built-in night illumination diodes)
- Cords for connecting cameras to the recorder (usually ready-made cords are offered already with connectors and a fixed length).
To work with the system at the place of its installation, they usually use a monitor or TV connected to a recorder. The recorder has its own Russian-language menu, using which you can view the current or archived video, as well as make settings. A regular USB mouse is used for control.
To work with the video surveillance system via the Internet, a laptop is suitable (Software is not required, ordinary browsers are used), a smartphone or tablet (you must download a free application to work with the system).
The final cost of ready-made systems depends on the type of equipment, on the number and parameters of cameras, as well as on the number of video inputs on the recorder. Ready-made systems are easy to install and do NOT require professional installation skills from the user.
Advantages of ready-made video surveillance systems:
- Hardware compatibility guarantee.
- Easy to install. everything you need is included.
- Ease of use.
Ready-made video surveillance systems are easy to install and use, and components are selected by experienced professionals, which guarantees full compatibility and effective operation of the video surveillance system over a long period of time.
© YuKontrol. All rights to photographs, texts, drawings belong to YuKontrol. Full or partial copying, reproduction in print and / or use in any form, quoting without the written permission of the copyright holder is prohibited. When using the site materials consistently, a link to the resource is required.
How to properly position CCTV cameras: expert advice
The effectiveness of the video surveillance system largely depends on the correct choice of the location of the cameras.
Locking devices Not only Must provide visibility with a minimum of blind spots.
Knowing how to properly position your CCTV cameras around your home. you can guarantee the correctness of determining the distance to the object from the observation point, minimize picture distortions, solve other problems on which the quality of the received video stream and the coverage of the protected area depend.
Algorithm of actions when installing a surveillance camera
Before the final installation of CCTV cameras, it is important to determine their installation locations and carry out preparatory work.
A short list of analyzed factors and eliminated shortcomings can be formulated as follows:
- For outdoor cameras, in accordance with their viewing angles, controlled areas are determined. They are placed so as to minimize the area NOT included in the lens spaces.
- The placement of CCTV cameras designed to control the adjacent territory, if possible, is done so that it becomes possible to track a moving object in the proximity mode. That is, if the first monitoring point that detects the intruder is NOT capable of providing a clear identification. subsequent, Placed on the predicted route, must Form a picture with sufficient resolution for identification.
- The location of CCTV cameras should be chosen so as to exclude the effect of flare from strong sources. It can be the sun, night spotlights, headlights of a passing or standing vehicle. To do this, select not only the installation points, but also the angles of the body and the height of the device.
The process of how to calculate video surveillance. may vary depending on the complexity of the system and the tasks for which it is designed. However, in general, you can focus on several basic principles of monitoring.
Defining the functions that the camera should perform
Here are the tasks assigned to a separate video surveillance point, the choice of device characteristics largely depends.
This can be explained with one example:
- The layout of CCTV cameras can include dozens of inexpensive devices located around the perimeter;
- The same problem can be solved with the help of expensive cameras equipped with a remote orientation and focusing system. To do this, the tracking zones are selected, the automatic review programs are configured, the operator notification toolkit is provided.
However, based on scheduling the tasks that a single camera must solve, it is possible to develop a schematic of the location of SEPARATE devices. For each camera, based on the focal length of its optics, the angle of view. several effective zones are clearly defined.
The camera’s field of view can be conditionally divided into several segments:
- Zone of confident identification of small objects;
- Face and medium-sized object recognition segment;
- An area where it is possible with a high probability to identify the presence of a person (to distinguish it from a vehicle, an animal, and so on;
- A segment where only motion detection using software sensors or low visibility of the presence of objects is possible.
When calculating how to correctly place the CCTV cameras. it is recommended to use specialized software, for example, IP Video System Design Tool.
Design packages allow you to superimpose monitoring points on the building plan, specify the parameters of SEPARATE tracking devices, get areas for solving various problems.
Installation height of CCTV cameras depends on several factors.
- Protecting the device from vandals, accidental damage, unintentional or deliberate change of position.
- Ensuring ease of maintenance (especially important for devices that require lubrication of moving parts or other preventive measures).
- Coordination of work and ensuring the same level of safety for auxiliary equipment (IR floodlights, power distribution boards, transmitters and signal converters).
Outdoors, the recommended installation height of cameras is 3 or more meters from ground level.
Equipment located low enough can be operated from a ladder, while it will be reasonably well protected from vandals.
Indoors, it is recommended to mount the cameras on the ceiling. This will avoid accidental damage, water ingress, intentional or accidental change of position. In addition, ceiling mounted devices have a maximum field of view and a minimum chance of obstructions for tracking.
When choosing the height and location of cameras. there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure you get a high-quality image.
- Indoors, cameras are always installed in the direction of view from the window in order to minimize the effects of backlight, which cannot always be handled by systems for expanding the color range.
- On the street, the location and height of the cameras are chosen so as to ensure uniform illumination in the field of view or equal distances from the device to the light sources. This will allow you to correctly display the distance to moving objects, minimizing the so-called scale jumps.
If the sun or its reflection from mirror surfaces enters the lens of an outdoor camera installed at a height of 3 meters. the device can be mounted higher by changing the inclination of the housing.
Viewing angles, first of all, are selected depending on the tasks facing a separate monitoring point.
For example, outdoor surveillance cameras that work from a long distance. Should have a small value of the considered parameter.
This will significantly increase such important segments of the observation as the identification area and confident identification of small objects.
Indoor devices. also selected according to the field of view and the tasks facing the video surveillance. For example, to monitor a large hall, it is enough to install one camera with volumetric panning and the functionality of cutting the generated image into separate segments.
At the same time, instrumentation is shown for identifying small objects and reading. devices with a small viewing angle are needed, capable of forming a high-detail picture from a sufficiently long distance. In this case, it is recommended to use dome cameras with positioning and focusing control system.
Benefits of Correct Installation of CCTV Cameras
The main thing that gives the correct design of the video surveillance system. the optimal solution to all the tasks of security and monitoring of the situation.
The second plus important for the average user. significant savings.
- Reduced camera costs, reduced number of cameras.
- The number of DVRs, observation posts is sharply falling.
- Reduced data flow for visual or automated analysis.
- The length of the data channels is decreasing, their loading.
As a result of correct design. you can reduce the number of cameras involved in personnel, while getting the maximum functionality of the video surveillance system.
Calculation of the location of the cameras. not an easy task. Without the use of specialized software packages that can take into account the technical characteristics of the device, carry out optimal analysis and reduce the cost of purchasing equipment to the limit. just unreal.
Therefore, the best option for obtaining a system with excellent characteristics would be to contact a company that provides design services.
How to install a security camera at home
If you came up with an idea to install a video surveillance camera at home in order to increase the safety of your residence, then do not rush to call a specialist. His services will cost you a pretty penny. It seemed that this difficult action with the installation and the right choice of equipment would confuse you, but remember what the ancient people said. not the gods burn the pots. So be patient and learn how you can install not one, but several CCTV cameras yourself.
It all starts with planning the installation scheme, for which you will need to prepare an action plan. First of all, you need to decide exactly what territory to track. All the need to install CCTV cameras everywhere. A large number of them will cost you dearly. Therefore, it is recommended to install them in the most vulnerable places. For example, in the front and back doors, under windows, on the path to the house, gates, open areas of the yard. Therefore, these places must be marked on the site plan. After that, be sure to check these places for review. That is, nothing has to interfere with the installed camera.
Now, regarding the purchase of video surveillance equipment. What is needed for this.
- Set of cables of different brands.
There is one good option, how to organize a video surveillance system on the site and inside the house. To do this, you need to purchase one to three wired cameras to monitor areas on the street, and one to three wireless cameras to monitor households. The former will connect to the storage medium, the latter can be connected to the computer.
Let’s move on to the issue of choosing the right type of CCTV cameras. Here it is required to determine their technical characteristics, it is on them that the budget of the work carried out will depend.
- Priority: wired or wireless cameras. Let’s just say that wireless is easy to install because there is no need to go into cabling. That is, we mount them according to the developed scheme, install the program on the computer (it usually comes on a disk complete with cameras) and engage in Tracking. If you need to keep an eye on a large area on the street, it is better to install wired devices. By the way, there is one drawback in wireless analogs, the farther it is installed from the signal receiver, the worse the picture on the monitor is in terms of quality.
- What to choose: internal or external cameras. Everything is clear here because indoor cameras are NOT designed to work in wet conditions. They just go out of order quickly on the street.
- I would like to Pay attention to this type of cameras as with a motion sensor. Why are they good? They only turn on when a large moving object enters the field of their lens. For example, a person or a machine. Thus, space in the computer memory is saved, plus a good energy saving (relative). It should be added that the motion sensor must be set up, because it can be triggered by a running dog or cat.
- The so-called premium video surveillance cameras controlled over the Internet. To do this, you just need a laptop or smartphone, through which you can, sitting anywhere in the world, keep track of what is happening in your house. You will have to download a special application on your smartphone, and you can install the program on your laptop.
So, the installation of a video surveillance system with your own hands begins. First of all, you need to decide where the observation point will be organized. This room will not be of fundamental importance, because only a receiving device and a monitor will have to be installed in it. This could be an office with a computer.
Next, the installation of the most video cameras is carried out. If the installation is carried out inside the house, then the cameras must be installed under the ceiling, from there the best view of the premises is. It is a prerequisite for the camera to be located near the outlet where it will be powered. It is important that windows and doors are in the lens. Outdoor cameras are mounted higher, target. so as not to steal.
Currently, camera manufacturers offer various options for mounting video devices. They are attached with Velcro, suction cups, but the best option. these are self-tapping screws. How to install a camcorder to the ceiling or wall with your own hands.
- Remove the mounting cover.
- Apply it to the surface to be attached.
- Through the through holes, notes are made with a pencil.
- Holes are drilled into them with a perforator, where plastic dowels are inserted.
- Place the cover so that its mounting holes line up with the holes in the ceiling or wall.
- Self-tapping screws.
- Mount lens.
- The required camera angle of view must be set.
DIY camcorder connections
There are two types of connection: to the power source and to the information receiver. Each camera is supplied with an adapter. A reduced voltage is supplied through it. Therefore, the socket is important in the connection process. Just plug the adapter into an outlet on the wall of the house, and the other end is inserted into the camera, it is in the form of a plug, which is inserted into a special socket located on the back of the CCTV camera body.
The second type of camera connection requires a special BNC wire. Its installation is also simple, it has two identical ends, so there is simply no way to mix something up. On the camera, it must be closed output (output), on the receiver input (input).
If you install wireless security cameras in a residential building with your own hands, then you need to read the instructions for connecting them. As mentioned above, along with the cameras, a disc comes with the program recorded on it. It must be installed on the computer. With its help, access to security cameras will be established.
Now it is imperative to check how the entire video surveillance system works. Connect cameras to power source, turn on monitor and receiver. See if all camcorders work, if a picture is displayed from them.
DIY video surveillance system cable laying
As for wired video surveillance systems, their complexity lies in the fact that you will have to lay cables from video cameras to the information receiver. To prevent the wiring from being visible, use skirting boards as wiring locations. over, today skirting board manufacturers offer models in which channels are already embedded. You can hide wires and cables in them.
Experts recommend using so-called Siamese cables for a video surveillance system at home. This is the wire in which both the power cable and the data cable are woven. They are usually designated as RG6 or RG59. Power cable. these are two intertwined red and black wires. Coaxial is designed to connect the camera and the information receiver. Either coaxial plugs or BNC are installed at its ends.
In order not to occupy the sockets in the rooms, you should think about purchasing a separate power supply unit to which all video cameras are locked. He himself is powered from one outlet at the control room. There is one difficulty here. you will have to conduct a separate cable for power from each CCTV camera, which is not always convenient. It’s just one of the options for a properly organized video surveillance system.
In principle, this is the sequence for installing a video surveillance system in your own residential building, and even with your own hands. Of course, the editing process itself is not that complicated. After all, the mount of video cameras. it is, in fact, the process by which any objects are attached (shelves, cornices, and so on). The routing of the cables will also not cause problems. And if a wireless video surveillance system is used, then the process is simplified to a minimum. In this situation, it is very important to correctly select all devices and assemblies so that they match exactly to each other. That is why many experts recommend purchasing ready-made kits.
DIY software installation
As it was said above, the set with the camcorder comes with a disc containing the program. You need to install it on your computer. How to do it yourself.
- Assembling and configuring LAN (local area network) is in progress. It is not difficult, but if you could not figure it out, then invite a specialist. It will take him five to ten minutes to assemble.
- It is launched into the world wide web from the server.
- Then one video camera is connected to the local network.
- Its software is installed and the video surveillance device itself starts.
- The video camera software will find the installed program on the computer and display its MAC IPs on the monitor.
- Now in the search engine of any browser of your choice, the IP addresses of the camera are inserted. Then the control panel will open on the monitor. Here is both a picture and settings. So you can see everything and adjust to fit your needs.
- The rest of the CCTV cameras are connected in exactly the same sequence.
If you need to establish remote access, that is, conducts surveillance and Difficult via the Internet, and you are NOT an IT specialist, then it is better not to touch anything with your own hands. You just have to do a lot of manipulation. For example, open an Internet gateway between the information receiver and the server, which requires the use of WAN interfaces. In general, a difficult thing, not for simple conditions. For a small home, there is a great need to use remote access. You can get by with simple schemes and technologies. In this case, the simpler the better. And, of course, we recommend watching a video on installing CCTV cameras.
CCTV camera for a country house
Life in the city crowd and the bustle of a metropolis makes you increasingly think about a cozy and comfortable private house or summer cottage in a calm and quiet village outside the city. Of course, not everyone can afford such a luxury as a country house, but if you have suburban real estate, even in the form of an old summer house, it requires care and attention, including in matters of security and security.
Benefits of a home security camera
The farther from busy highways and curious neighbors your country house or dacha is, the greater the risk of unwanted guests entering there. over, a city dweller often cannot afford to live in a country cottage all the time, life often requires being in the city, at work or on business trips. Therefore, you need to take care of the safety of your country house.
If the means and possibilities allow, it is possible to keep the guard. But in any case, in order to effectively ensure the safety of your property, you need to provide constant video surveillance of housing construction and the adjacent area. There are far fewer people wishing to enter a house under surveillance than into a structure that is unattended.
A set of CCTV cameras installed on your site will allow:
- Control the situation around the house and indoors;
- Capture all visitors, welcome and who came without an invitation and in the absence of the owners;
- It will allow you to take measures in time if someone from outside or suspicious subjects looks closely at the location of the entrance to the house or dacha, the daily routine of the owners.
In addition to a set of video surveillance cameras, you can install an access control kit, with the help of which it will be impossible to get into the territory of your country house or summer cottage without your knowledge and permission.
The access control and management system makes it possible to close and open all exits, even doors, even gates, without automatically leaving the house. When combined with a video surveillance system, the system will record every person who has visited the site of your summer residence, any transport, as well as the time of the visit.
What are the options for monitoring
If you are serious about your own safety, it is better to entrust the installation of a set of CCTV cameras to competent and trusted specialists in order to take into account all the nuances of the problem, cover all viewing angles around the house or summer cottage and protect the system from external damage.
Unlike a video surveillance camera in an apartment, which can be installed near the front door, for a country house or security in the country, it is necessary to monitor the entire area. One camera is not enough here. To cover a large area of the territory, it may be necessary to install from 10 to 20 CCTV cameras. This will allow you to control the territory around the entire perimeter of the boundaries of the site, as well as places near the entrance to the house, to the garage.
Modern video equipment comes in two varieties:
Experts believe that analog (wired) video equipment is outdating its time, being replaced by more advanced digital options.
Digital systems are computer and non-computer.
Non-computer video surveillance systems are reliable, and do not require constant monitoring and the presence of maintenance personnel, they can work without outside interference. Such systems are more expensive than analogs operating through a personal computer.
Kits of computer video surveillance systems include surveillance cameras, information from which is displayed on a computer. In addition to the main function of video surveillance, such security systems have many more useful additions. One of them. a combination of video surveillance and electromagnetic locks, access to which only the owners of the house or summer house have.
A very useful and popular is the function of the host’s access to the video surveillance records via the Internet system. It seems interesting to install a set of motion sensors in places of possible penetration of unauthorized persons, when they are triggered, the video recording function on the camera is activated.
According to the connection options, CCTV cameras are wired and wireless. Wireless systems are considered more advanced and easy to install.
Advantages of Wireless CCTV Cameras
Small size, which makes it possible for their installation anywhere in the country or country house. Such CCTV cameras can also be used for covert surveillance indoors, in this case, their small size allows them to be disguised as some kind of interior item.
What is also important, the absence of wires allows you to freely place a CCTV camera at any point of the protected object, moreover, it is impossible to disable or disable it by cutting the wires. Cameras operate autonomously, from rechargeable batteries or batteries, therefore they DO NOT depend on power outages, possible accidents, they cannot be brought out of their operating mode by disconnecting the power supply.
Features of wireless cameras
Such qualities as diminutiveness, autonomy of work, allow them to be placed indoors. They will NOT spoil the interior, but they will allow you to exercise control over what is happening inside the house. As practice shows, this aspect of video surveillance is not less important than outdoor surveillance. Miniature self-contained cameras transmit the signal to a special device that is operated by a computer.
The disadvantages of THESE cameras include a small distance, up to 50 m, at which they can be located from the receiving device. In addition, they require you to visit them periodically and replace the batteries.
One example of such a wireless camera. model Photo IP-C 10. Thanks to the high-sensitivity OV Ultra lobu and the fixed 3.6 mm lens, the camera allows you to get high-quality video without extraneous noise and does not depend on the light level. Wireless devices include the so-called high-speed dome devices. Their rotation allows observation of a sufficiently large space.
Dome cameras can be indoor and outdoor. Outdoor ones are used outdoors, therefore, they are equipped with a special casing that protects the camera from dust and moisture, and also have a heating system so that the camera functions without problems in any weather.
An example of a dome camera is the AXIS Q 6042E model. In addition to the above advantages, it has an electronic stabilization system that allows you to get a clear image of objects, it can be used for all 24 hours.
Cameras also come in color and black and white. As always, each of THESE groups has its own advantages.
Black-and-white cameras are distinguished by a lower price, but the quality of the resulting image is NOT inferior, but even superior to their color counterparts.
For example, a dome camera Z-BEN ZB-B 5003. This model is intended for indoor installation, it is distinguished by the function of determining the time of day, the level of illumination. Thanks to these qualities, it can be used around the clock and installed anywhere in the room and get images even in absolute darkness.
In addition to those listed, there are many more options for similar wireless cameras, which can be used for video surveillance in a country house or in the country. Before deciding on the choice, you need to carefully study the proposed models and soberly assess your needs for video surveillance and financial capabilities.
Where are the surveillance cameras
Places that you must pay attention to when organizing video surveillance:
- the point of entry and the entry into the territory area, gates, gates;
- A fence or other fence, it is necessary to fully control all areas of possible penetration into the territory of a country house or summer cottage;
- Entry points to the house, to the garage, the area near the house and the buildings located near it.
When arranging a set of outdoor video surveillance, please note that video cameras must be for outdoor placement. Such variants of models are equipped with heating elements for the casing, and are also hermetically protected from dust particles, condensation, and also from intentional damage by local vandals.
If you use the option of wired technology in the outdoor video surveillance system, the video cable must also be protected from the influence of the external environment, from frost, moisture, and so on. You can purchase a brand of cable that provides for its use in outdoor video surveillance of the house and the area adjacent to it.
When installing a set of video surveillance equipment, it is necessary to take into account not only the angle of view, but also the height of the cameras, so that the picture of the image is clear enough. In this case, you can clearly see the faces of people passing through the territory of the site or are near it, distinguish the license plates of the car, that is, if necessary, you can use the materials from the CCTV camera to search for persons who entered the territory of the site.
Why do you need internal surveillance cameras in a country house
A set of video surveillance cameras, located inside the premises in a country house, allows you to look after children or elderly relatives remaining at home. In case of any problems or abnormal situations in the house, you can take the necessary measures in time: come, call an ambulance or ask someone close to provide the necessary assistance.
Also, with the help of internal video cameras, the work of the servants or hired workers who perform some work in the absence of the owners is usually monitored. Such a device will help. See how conscientiously the nanny, governess, maid or cook are in their work. In case of dispute or conflict situations, recording from a CCTV camera will also help resolve the conflict.
In addition, it is useful to install such cameras in a garage, boiler room and other less visited places, which also need to be controlled. This will help prevent a fire or notice the entry into the room in time.
Installation of video surveillance at home. instruction. Connecting cameras and wires in a low-current cabinet.
In any user, the information that IP video cameras are much better than analog ones have been firmly in their heads lately. This article will consider the principle of connecting both IP and analog models.
After all, only a few years ago high definition analog cameras appeared. These are AHD, CVI and TVI formats. In terms of resolution and picture quality, they are practically NOT inferior to the IP format, and at a cost several times cheaper.
They have a switch on the shank, which allows you to transfer them to analog PAL mode.
Before you directly mount video surveillance in your home, you need to depict on paper the locations of the video points, the location of the cable, etc.
In order to maximize coverage of the entire space around the house, it is necessary to mount at least one camera on each wall. One more can not hurt to put on the roof of the front door.
Here are all the materials you need to install an analog CCTV system:
cable for powering the entire system from the 220V network
It is best to use the brand VVGng-Ls 31.5mm2.
Wires for switching in a low-current switchboard. PUGV 1.5mm2
DO NOT confuse with KVN-V. Brand KVN-P. This is a street version, and KVN-V. For laying inside the house. It is not UV protected.
3-core wire PVA cross-section 1.5mm2
analog video cameras with wall mount. Choose high resolution models.
Video recorder through which video cameras will be connected
Pre-check that the number of video inputs on it is equal to or greater than the number of cameras.
Computer hard drive for storage and video recording
The minimum recommended volume. 1tb. You can use both large 3.5 “discs and small 2.5” discs. Small wheels are much quieter and have lower heat.
For example, the same as used to connect LED strips. A standard power supply unit with a cable cross-section of 0.75mm2 is enough for high-quality signal transmission over a distance of no more than 500m.
I select the power of the block according to the same principle as in LED strips. That is, the total power of all cameras is 30%.
If it is necessary that the cameras work even during a power outage and the recording is not interrupted for a minute, then you will need a UPS (uninterruptible power supply)
BNC-F power supply connectors and BNC male connector
They are needed to connect the cable to the camera itself and connect to the video input of the recorder.
To protect the contacts and cable connections outdoors, also buy switch boxes with a degree of protection of at least IP52
If you do NOT want all your video surveillance to be burnt at the first thunderstorm, and do not save on this protection element.
Well, you will also need modular sockets and terminal connectors in the shield.
The video recorder, UPS is most conveniently connected through a plug with a socket. Note that all these materials must be compatible with each other. Simple IP equipment will NOT fit analog and vice versa.
Pick up ready-made video surveillance kits, or individual components. Cameras, DVRs, cables, connectors, plus You can view current for today here.
The low-current switchboard, where the DVR, power supply, etc. are located, can be located in a different room from the common 220V switchboard, sometimes even in the garage or basement. So the first thing you need to bring electricity.
Wall grooves and We lay the VVGng-Ls 31.5mm2 cable from the 220V switchboard to the low-current cabinet. Power it from a separate modular machine with a rated current of 10A.
In the low-current shields, connect the power cable to the terminals of the second circuit breaker. He will be introductory for this cabinet. And already directly from it you connect modular sockets and a spark gap.
Connecting surge produced by the diagram below. White and brown wire. This is the phase, blue. Zero, yellow-green. Earthing.
The same cabinet contains:
Connect the connectors, and then screw the disk into place with screws.
Coming from the outlets through a conventional plug are feeding the UPS. Most power supplies come without wires with a plug included, so here you have to do it yourself. Use PVA wires and a regular Euro plug.
We mount the plug on one end of the wire, and clean the other and connect it to the unit to the 220V power terminals, designated as L and N.
There is no particular difference in phasing or polarity where to connect zero and phase here. Next, connect the power to the cameras.
If there are not enough 12V output terminals on the unit, it is best to use the terminal blocks. Install them on the number of cameras and mark contacts as a “V” and “-V”.
Then, using the PGV wires, connect the output terminals 12V and V from the power supply, with the corresponding connectors on the first terminal block.
For the positive wire, it is better to use red conductors, for the negative one. Black. The rest of the terminals are powered by jumpers.
Now you need to lay the KVK-P cable to each video camera, or rather to the place where you planned to place them. It can be laid indoors either in a plastic channel or simply over walls.
On the street, if desired, it can be protected with a corrugation, but not necessarily.
To protect the cable connections from the recorder and the cable from the camera from snow and rain, mount a junction box on the wall and insert the wires into it.
Next, remove the top layer of insulation from the cable, about 8-9 cm, and strip two power cores. Crimp them with NSHV tips.
Insert these wires into the male power connector. There are two connectors “” and “-“. As we have agreed before, the red wire will be a positive contact, black. Minusov.
Then remove the insulation from the coaxial cable.
Expose the central core by 3-4mm and mount the BNC-F connector.
Insulate everything from above with a protective cap.
Next, Install the video camera itself on the wall. The wires from it run into the junction box where you just installed the BNC-F connectors.
Connecting the connectors together in it and tightly close the lid.
To prevent moisture from getting inside, use a box with sealed cable entries on the sides.
All other video cameras on the walls of your house are connected in the same way. Each of them will have to pull a separate cable KVK-P.
Now all the video surveillance cables remain to be disconnected in the low-current cabinet. First, connect the DVR itself via an uninterruptible power supply.
Then they clean the second ends of the KVK-P cable, brought into the cabinet, in the same way as shown above. In this case, the power wires (red with black) connect to the Corresponding terminal blocks “V” and “-V”.
And the end of the coaxial cable, with the BNC-F connector installed, insert it into a free slot on the DVR. Where it says Video In.
Do the same with the remaining camcorders.
All you have to do is configure the video surveillance by connecting the monitor to the recorder via VGA or HDMI connectors.
If the weak-current cabinet is far from the computer, you can use a laptop for configuration. And after that, a separate cable to the monitor output signal.
All software for setting up video surveillance must come with the video camera. If for some reason it is not there, then you can try universal software, for example from ivideon.
For the installation and installation of IP cameras, in addition to the materials indicated at the beginning of the article, you will need slightly other components:
Outdoor PoE IP Cameras
PoE function allows both signal and power to be transmitted over the same cable, through one connector.
It is necessary to connect several cameras from one DVR at once.
RJ-45 connectors instead of BNC-F connectors
Check in advance that all components are compatible with each other. Installation of the power section of the low-current board with a circuit breaker, sockets and a surge arrester is carried out in the same way as described above.
The differences are in the connection of the DVR and cables. First, by attaching the PoE switch and NVR power supplies to the din rail. Connect their plugs through the UPS.
Now, in the corrugated pipe, lay a 4-pair UTP Cat5E cable from the low-current cabinet to the places where the IP cameras are installed.
We mount distribution boxes near the cameras. Stripping the cable from insulation by 2-3cm.
All pairs must be straightened and aligned in order according to the scheme of the EIA / TIA 568B standard. Colors are counted from left to right.