How to connect Redmi AirDots headphones to a smartphone?
Redmi AirDots wireless earbuds model, also known as Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic. Consider connecting two headphones to a smartphone at the same time, as well as the option of connecting one as a mono headset.
Before using the device, you must remove the protective film from the contact surfaces of the headphones, place them in the case and charge them. The indicator glows red while charging. When fully charged, its color turns white, and after 1 minute it goes out.
To connect, you need a smartphone with Bluetooth enabled and Redmi AirDots headphones. The headphones are turned on automatically when they are removed from the case. Connecting two headphones to a smartphone:
- remove both earbuds from the charging case and wait 2 seconds until they turn on.
- after switching on, the left earphone automatically connects to the right one, the indicator of which starts blinking white.
Go to the smartphone: in the Bluetooth menu, search for available devices.
In the list of available devices, we find Redmi AirDots_L. This is the left earpiece. Click on this name and accept the pairing request, in which you can allow the exchange of contacts. Depending on the version of the headphones: Redmi AirDots or Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic, the name in the list of available devices may differ. If you have a version of Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic headphones, then in the list they will be referred to as Mi True Wireless EBs Basic_L. The only difference between the versions is that one was produced for the domestic market of China, and the second for the Global market. This does not affect the functionality and operation in any way. Options and specifications are identical. But the price may differ.
After a successful connection, information about the status of the device and its charge level will appear in the menu of paired devices. The headphones are plugged in and ready to go. Now, after the first successful pairing, Redmi AirDots will automatically connect to the previously paired device if Bluetooth is enabled on it.
If for some reason you are unable to pair with the headphones, remove the headphones from the charging case and make sure they are turned off. Press and hold the buttons on both earbuds for 15 seconds. After the indicator flashes red and white alternately three times (then flashes again), release the buttons and return the earbuds to the charging case. Remove Redmi AirDots from the list of paired devices on your smartphone, if present. Then pair again.
What to do when headphones are not pairing with each other?
The connection between the headphones can be established by resetting the settings of the Bluetooth modules.
- disconnect both headphones. press and hold the buttons until the red indicators turn on;
- now hold down the buttons again for 30-50 seconds, wait until the headphones turn on. a white indicator should appear, then after another 10-20 seconds the indicators will light up and flash twice in white and red (do not release the press) and then flash twice more and go out;
- put both earbuds in the case;
- now remove them from the case, wait until the synchronization procedure is complete and reconnect the headphones to the smartphone.
If, after the reset, the smartphone begins to see the left and right headphones separately, you need to connect only the right one to the phone, and when it starts playing sound, you need to press the power button on the left. it should connect to the right.
If it doesn’t work the first time, try resetting again. Also, as a last resort, it will not hurt to clear the data of the “Bluetooth” application on your device.
Enjoy music wirelessly with Midusa!
How wireless headphones work
Various methods are used to provide wireless data transmission between devices. The connection of the headset with the sound source is possible due to the built-in receiver using radio frequencies, infrared port or Bluetooth. The Xiaomi and Redmi AirDots headphones use a Bluetooth connection. This technology is most often used to transmit a signal from a device to a headset due to the absence of interference, which is due to the receipt of data in digital form. The disadvantage of this method is the compression performed before sending the information to the headphones, as a result of which it is not possible to achieve high sound quality. The sound in Xiaomi and Redmi AirDots is quite decent, taking into account the price segment of devices, Bluetooth audio codecs are supported SBC, SBC XQ, but there is no need to dream of AptX or AAC.
To pair a Bluetooth headset with a sound source, you need to turn on AirDots and synchronize it with the device. The procedure takes only a few seconds and usually succeeds. At the same time, in some cases, users have problems with synchronization, for example, by connecting a headset, you may find that the second earpiece is idle. What’s the matter and how to fix the situation, we’ll figure it out further.
Because of which only one earphone can play
The fact that Xiaomi or Redmi AirDots do not pair with each other does not necessarily indicate a malfunctioning headset. The phenomenon may be due to the fact that the earphone operates in mono mode, regardless of the second. This feature can be used intentionally, which is very convenient in certain cases, but most often the owners of Xiaomi AirDots and Redmi AirDots are faced with the problem of lack of synchronization between the right and left earbuds, that is, they do not detect each other, and therefore do not synchronize with each other.
If we are not talking about a malfunction of the Xiaomi AirDots headset, clogging of the speaker, incorrect position of the battery, Bluetooth capsule, etc., and one of the headphones does not work, it may simply be discharged or the connection to the device is not correct. Incorrect smartphone settings also often cause desynchronization.
How to solve the problem of lack of synchronization of AirDots headphones
With the ubiquity of wireless devices belonging to different types of communication equipment, users have received many benefits. For data transmission, the presence of a wire is no longer a prerequisite and one of the technologies that provide a connection without a physical connection is called Bluetooth. Today they are free of wires, including headphones, the main problem of which has always been the constantly arising need to untangle the resulting intricacies. One has only to remove the earbuds from the ears and already before the next use you have to comprehend the science of untiing sea knots.
Wireless headphones are rapidly gaining popularity, displacing conventional models from the market, while well-known brands, trying to keep up with trends, support the popularization of wire-free devices. So, today Xiaomi AirDots and Redmi AirDots are in great demand, which can be used as a headset. Wireless headphones from Xiaomi and the recently formed sub-brand Redmi are loved for the most successful combination of price and quality among the models on the market. At the same time, users often have questions about connecting devices, as well as problems with synchronization.
How to solve this problem
Regardless of which headset is used by Xiaomi AirDots or Redmi AirDots, as well as which particular earphone is not connected, there is a solution, and you will have to act in the same way. If the Redmi AirDots do not connect with each other, the earbuds should be synced by resetting the wireless headset.
To reset Xiaomi AirDots, follow these steps:
- Turn off the headphones. Clamp the touchpads and hold until the indicators turn red.
- Clamp the panels again and hold for about 30-50 seconds, which will allow AirDots to turn on, this will be indicated by a blinking white indicator.
- After 10-20 seconds, the lights will turn red-white and blink twice. We hold until the indicators go out, and after which they will blink again several times. This will mean that the reset procedure was successful.
- We return the headphones to the charging case and after a few seconds we remove them together. The process of synchronizing the AirDots with each other will begin. When the left earbud finds the right one and syncs with it, it will be possible to connect to the smartphone.
The method is relevant when the second earphone is not connected in the case of both Xiaomi Mi AirDots and Redmi AirDots. At the same time, due to some design differences between devices, as for Redmi, while holding the buttons, you need to wait for a double beep, otherwise the above instructions will be similar.
After performing a full reset, there are often cases when the device sees each of the headphones separately, as different devices. To rectify the situation, you need to connect the right earphone and wait until it works, then press the button on the left one, after which they will be synchronized.
Another way to connect AirDots headphones is just as simple and involves the following steps:
- We return both earbuds to the charging case, close them and make sure that the device is fully charged.
- We remove only one earphone.
- We are waiting for the headphone to turn on, and then turn it off with a long press.
- Clamp the panel and hold it until the red indicator is activated.
- We remove the second earphone and perform the same manipulations with it.
- We return the headset with glowing red bulbs to the case.
After the procedure, the headphones should sync with each other and now work together. If it was not possible to correct the situation at the first attempt, the process should be repeated without breaking the sequence of actions.
In some cases, the matter is in the settings of the smartphone, then the problem will have to be fixed in them, for example, the speaker is often set by default as a sound playback device. Clearing Bluetooth app data sometimes helps.
If we are talking about a physical malfunction of the headset, it can most often be repaired. It is better to take the device to the service, unless, of course, you are a master and are really able to cope with the breakdown on your own.
How to sync headphones with each other?
Pairing wireless headphones with each other is done via Bluetooth. In this case, the left and right ears, when first connected, send signals to each other. This helps them determine the time it takes to exchange data. Analysis can be difficult if interfering signals or noise interferes with the pairing. When the gadget makes the necessary calculations, it will divide the incoming signal between the left and right channels in half.
Any pair of wireless devices has a master. Usually the right earpiece plays the role of receiving the signal. Because of this, the master ear discharges a little faster, since in addition to the main function, it instantly transmits information to the slave, most often the left, earpiece. To keep music or other sounds in sync, the main device plays a signal with a slight delay.
How to sync wireless headphones?
Wireless headphones are one of the most convenient inventions of mankind. No need to worry about unraveling the wire, which forms perfect knots in your A broken or torn wire can cause you to throw out the device or learn soldering skills. However, wireless gadgets have their own nuances. For example, for normal operation, the headphones need to be synchronized and paired.
How to sync headphones from different brands?
The principle of operation of bluetooth devices does not differ depending on the brand. Differences can only have indication signals and ways of synchronizing gadgets. Let’s look at the difference using the example of the two most popular models: Xiaomi AirDots and Apple Airpods.
How to fix the out of sync problem?
In addition to the method described above, there are several other operations that will help you sync your headphones:
- Cancel pairing. One of the most common mistakes is trying to connect a device without prior synchronization. To solve the problem, you need the gadget to “forget” pairing. Go to the Bluetooth device manager, find the headphones in the list of paired and cancel the connection using the “Forget device” button.
- Resetting the settings manually. No special buttons on the case? You will need to take out both earbuds from there and press the power button. Pressing should continue for about a minute. The LED signal will first light up, then flash and turn off.
- Resetting the settings manually in the case. If the previous method did not work, repeat these steps, only do not remove the headphones from the case.
- Reset settings using a case. If the charger has a special button, then the gadget must be placed inside the case. By analogy with the previous method, then you need to press the power button for at least 60 seconds.
How to sync Xiaomi AirDots headphones with each other
Step-by-step instructions will allow you to easily sync your AirDots headphones with each other:
- Put the device in the charging case, make sure that each ear is in its own socket. The case must be charged.
- Click “Forget device” in the menu of your smartphone or other Xiaomi device paired with the headphones.
- Take the headphones out of the case and turn them off (press and hold the off buttons for 5 seconds).
- Reset the initial connection of one ear to the other: press and hold the control buttons again for 20 seconds (the operation is performed on each ear separately or simultaneously).
- Turn on the headphones by holding the button for 5 seconds.
After the performed manipulations, the white indicator on the leading ear will light up and blink. Xiaomi headphones are paired with each other.
How to pair headphones with each other
There is a standard instruction on how to make two ears “make friends” with each other. Headphones are paired as follows:
How To Pair And Troubleshoot The Xiaomi Mi AirDots
- We turn on one of the “ears”: that the device is online, the characteristic blinking will tell.
- Turn on the second earpiece.
- The last step is to quickly press the power button twice. If the headphones are connected to each other. after this procedure, the light will light up and the light signal will disappear.
How to sync Xiaomi AirDots headphones with each other
There is a real boom in wireless Bluetooth headphones these days. There are many models of various brands on the market. The characteristics and for them, of course, are different. It’s safe to say that Xiaomi AirDots are one of the most popular models today due to features, sound quality and more than affordable price tag.
However, the most common problem faced by Air Dots owners is headphone desynchronization. In other words, there are situations when Redmi AirDots (or any other similar Xiaomi model) do not connect with each other, and only one of the “plugs” remains working. Of course, in this regard, users are interested in how to solve the problem. There is a solution. The user will need to re-pair between the right and left earbuds.
How to sync Xiaomi AirDots headphones
It does not hurt here to share step-by-step instructions for syncing headphones:
How to connect redmi airdots. How To Pair And Troubleshoot The Xiaomi Mi AirDots
Insert AirDrops into the charging case, each earphone into its own socket. Make sure the case (aka charger) is charged.
Delete the headphone connection information from the “Bluetooth” menu of your smartphone.
Take two headphones out of the case, turn them off. To do this, hold down the control button on each of the “earbuds” for 5 seconds.
Now you need to perform another “Reset” (the first was to remove the device from the list of Bluetooth devices connected to the phone). At this stage, you need to reset the connection between the two Air Dots headphones. To do this, press and hold the control buttons on each of the dots for 20 seconds. The status light should flash twice: first after 10 seconds and then after 20 seconds. Do not release the buttons until you see the LED blink a second time.
Turn on your headphones. To do this, hold down both control buttons for about 5 seconds. You can turn on in another way: just place the “ears” in the case, and then remove them from there. When you take Xiaomi AirDots out of the case, they turn on automatically.
After this restart, you will see the status indicator on the right earbud blinking white. At the same time, the indicator on the left earphone does not light up and remains unlit. This means that there is a connection between Air dots, and the right earphone can be paired with a phone.
The last step is to pair the presenter (right) AirDots with your mobile device, after which you can enjoy music, audiobooks or podcasts, and receive incoming calls through the headset.
Why when connected to a phone, the headphones do not pair with each other
Sometimes AirDots sync individually, that is, they don’t join one another, but work with a smartphone. The reason is that the left earbud “loses” the right one, so the pair stops working together. What to do?
- Reset Bluetooth settings for Xiaomi AirDots. Start by turning off each earbud. On each, hold down the buttons (touch or physical) until the indicators turn red.
- Press the buttons again, now for 30-50 seconds. First, the headphones will turn on, the white light will turn on, then after 10-20 seconds you will see that the indicator glows either red or white (2 times). Continue to hold the buttons, the indicator will blink a few more times and then go out for a few seconds. After that, it will blink twice more and the headphone settings will be reset.
- Take the headphones out of the case. The left one will start looking for the right one, synchronize with it, and then the “dots” can be connected to the phone.
Another reason for “desynchronization” is the wrong procedure for connecting the headphones to the smartphone. In this case, instead of the right “ear”, the left one is connected first to the device, and starts working in mono mode. The right one cannot be connected. To connect both AirDots, you will have to do a factory reset and a new connection, as described in the step-by-step instructions above (see “How to sync Xiaomi AirDots headphones”).