Step 1: Upload the spreadsheet to your SkyDrive or SkyDrive Pro account or SharePoint server.
Step 2 : Install and run the Office Mobile app on your iPhone from the iTunes App Store. Enter your Microsoft ID to confirm your Office 365 subscription.
Step 3 : click “Open” at the bottom, then click “Add space”. Follow the on-screen instructions to sign in to the SkyDrive or SharePoint account you want to access. Allow the app to initialize the connection to the cloud or server and populate the list of available documents. Tap the name of the Excel spreadsheet you want to open. You can also tap an email attachment with a spreadsheet to open it directly from a message in your email application.
Scroll the spreadsheet by swiping your finger across the screen. Zoom in and out by pinching your fingers. Tap a cell to turn on the on-screen keyboard and make changes.
Step 5 : tap the “Back” arrow in the upper left corner to close and save your changes to the file.
Prepare the spreadsheet so you can access it on your iPhone. You have two options. You can download it from an email attachment or access it through the cloud Quickoffice supports MobileMe, Dropbox, Google Docs, Egnyte, Box.Net, Huddle, SugarSync, Evernote and Catch.
Install and run the Quickoffice app on your iPhone. Tap “” at the bottom and select the cloud service provider you used to download the spreadsheet file. Enter the appropriate logins and confirm access to cloud storage. Tap the name of the Excel spreadsheet to open it. You can also tap the spreadsheet email attachment and open it directly from a message in the Mail app.
Scroll through the spreadsheet by swiping your finger across the screen. Zoom in and out by pinching your fingers. Tap the cell to turn on the on-screen keyboard and make changes.
Tap “Close” at the top when you are finished with the spreadsheet You will be presented with several options to save. Click “Do Not Save” to exit without saving, “Save” or “Save As” to save the file to your iPhone or the cloud, or “Cancel” to resume editing.
Method 3: Numbers
Step 1 : Buy and install the Numbers app from the iTunes App Store, but do not run it.
Step 2 : Prepare the spreadsheet so it can be retrieved on your iPhone. You have three options. You can import it using iTunes file sharing, download it from an email attachment, or access it in iCloud. (See. Tips section for more information about file sharing and iCloud.)
Launch the Numbers app on your iPhone and tap the thumbnail icon for the Excel spreadsheet you want to access.
Step 4 : swipe and pinch to move around the table and zoom in. Tap a cell to hover over it and use the on-screen keyboard to enter data. Any changes will automatically be saved to Numbers. If you have iCloud enabled on your iPhone, it will also send the changes to all iCloud-enabled devices.
Read : Mistakes we often make when charging iPhone
Of course, the easiest way to open and edit files. The xlsx on your iPhone or iPad is to use the Microsoft Excel app available in the App Store.
- Launch Microsoft Excel, on the Home tab, tap Open.
- The Open dialog box will appear, select Text Files from the drop-down list in the lower right corner.
- Find the CSV file in Windows Explorer and open it by double-clicking it.
Installing Word and Excel document editing apps on iPhone
It works with archives, too. You need to download and install the software to make it open the Wordboard files. т. е. I don’t know how to drag and drop files from one place to another. Т. к. I do not use this system.
One such successful application is Documents by Readdle, which has long been popular with iPad users. Recently, there is a version for iPhone as well. let’s see what we have.
- Click on the cell with the word and type in a number, for example. Press Enter
- To keep the previous value, just change it, you need to double-click on the cell. The cursor will blink
- You can also edit values using a formula line.
- On the desktop, find the icon of the program “Files.
- At the bottom, go to the tab “View” (button in the form of a folder with files).
- Then in the location tab we select “iPhone” to view the folders in the smartphone memory, or “iCloud Drive” to view the contents of the cloud storage.
To bring your file. You first need to open it in the Windows version of Numbers for iCloud. This is a free version of Apple’s app that you access online, much like Office on the web or Google Docs.
- Open “Settings”.
- Go to Privacy (the icon with the white hand on a blue background).
- Select “Geolocation Services”.
- Scroll to the end of the list and select “System Services.
- At the bottom of the list you will find a section called “Significant Locations”.
OpenOffice is an office suite distributed free of charge. It is a major competitor to Microsoft Office. This application was the first to offer support and opening of ODS format. OpenOffice is available on Windows, Linux, macOS, OpenSolaris, FreeBSD and even Android.
- On Windows: Microsoft Excel, Sun ODF Plugin for MS Office, OpenXML/ODF Translator Add-in for Office, IBM Lotus Symphony, StarOffice, Calligra Suite.
- On Mac OS: NeoOffice, Calligra Suite.
- On Linux: Calligra Suite.
- Cross platform software: OpenOffice.org Calc, OpenOffice.org, LibreOffice Calc.
To open, for example, a Microsoft Excel file on an iPhone or iPad, tap the desired file in the spreadsheet manager. If the spreadsheet manager doesn’t appear, tap the Back button (on iPhone or iPod touch) or the Tables button (on iPad), then tap the file you want to open.
- Select the cell by left-clicking on it
- If you enter repeating values, Excel will recognize them
- To apply a formula to an entire column in a smart spreadsheet, just enter it in the first cell of that column.
- Open the Settings section of the iCloud site.com and select “Recover Files” under “Advanced”.
- Select the files you want to recover one by one, or click “Select All”.
- Click “Recover”.
To bring your file. You first need to open it in the iCloud version of Numbers for Windows. It’s a free version of Apple’s app that you access online, much like Office online or Google Docs.
The first thing you should deal with is why the Excel file can’t open on the phone. There can be several popular explanations:
- Lack of necessary applications on the phone. It is known that the Excel spreadsheet does not open by default on mobile devices with Android. This is due to the lack of support for this file format. At the same time, the necessary programs can be easily downloaded via Google Play. Below we will look at the universal options with which the Excel table not only opens, but can also be adjusted on the phone.
- Saving in the wrong format. The next reason why an Excel file does not open on Android is the wrong format, which is trivially not supported by the program.
Above are the main reasons why Excel doesn’t open on Android. How to solve them, we will consider in detail below.