IOS has a little-used feature that lets you create a virtual home button. It is called Assistive Touch, which translates as Assistive Touch. It is designed specifically for people with disabilities and allows you to operate a smartphone with one hand, completely imitating complex gestures and pressing control buttons.
- By default, this function is disabled and activated in the settings. In the general menu, select “Basic” and go to the item indicated in the screenshot.
- Having opened the section “Universal access”, we scroll down the list of settings to get to the required parameter. In the screenshot, it is highlighted with a frame.
- Move the slider marked with the arrow to activate Assistive Touch on the device. By default, the button that allows you to make a screen is in the third nested action level. To simplify access and make this feature useful, open the boxed setting.
- Let’s sacrifice a voice assistant by replacing Siri with a screenshot button. Click on it to open the action selection menu.
- We are looking for the option indicated in the screenshot. Click on it so that a checkmark appears opposite to confirm the selection. We complete the operation using the virtual button “Finish”. Having closed the settings, we move to the main screen of the smartphone.
Take screenshot on iPhone 11 without Power button or Home Button
- The arrow indicates the auxiliary touch button in the active mode. In the waiting state, it becomes less noticeable. By default, the transparency level is set to 40% of the active state. You can move it to a convenient place at any edge of the screen to which it “sticks”.
- Now, by clicking on the new virtual button, we expand the action menu. The screenshot we need is in a programmed location.
Associative Touch can be configured to launch only when you need it. For example, activate this action by triple clicking on a physical button. Thus, if you need to take a series of sequential shots, you can operate your smartphone with one hand and do it much faster than the traditional method.
Ways to take a screenshot on iPhone 7
- Using the buttons located on the iPhone 7.
- Using the special built-in assistant “Assistive Touch”.
But it should be understood that both methods take a screenshot of the entire screen. If the user needs to cut out any part, he can format the picture later, in a standard image editor.
Important! The methods described below work on other versions of the phone, for example, the IPhone 7 Plus.
The second way to make the process of taking screenshots on iOS more convenient and productive is much less known. It consists in using the auxiliary touch function, which displays an additional virtual button on the smartphone screen with its own control menu.
- From the desktop, open the iPhone settings. Go to the “Basic” section.
- We are looking for the accessibility settings menu marked in the screenshot.
- Scroll down the screen to the “Interaction” section. In the list of available parameters, we find the item indicated in the screenshot.
- Located at the top and marked with a “1”, a switch activates the Assist Touch function. By default, the screenshot button is located in the third level submenu. Getting to her with such an arrangement is long and inconvenient. There are two ways to change the situation by optimizing the process of creating a touchscreen. In the subsection marked with the number “2”, we can move it to the upper level. The three marks the option to configure the events that occur when the main floating button is pressed. Here you can set the parameters at which the screenshot will be created using one of the preset options.
This free software is a Safari browser extension. The program offers many interesting possibilities:
- screenshots of the entire display or a separate, selected area;
- fast processing of the resulting image (drawing arrows, changing colors, “fog” in certain areas of the image, etc.);
- allows you to go back a few steps if something was done wrong during editing.
All pictures taken through this program are saved in the “Gallery”.
Important! With the help of Awesome Screenshot, only screenshots of the pages opened
via the Safari browser.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone SE, 5s, 5 and other models with the top button
- Press the home button and power button at the same time.
- Release and the snapshot will go to the gallery.
These button combinations can be used in any application.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone with Face ID
Processing in the Photo application
The built-in filters popularized by Instagram are not very useful for handling screenshots. The user needs other tools to add text or highlight a specific fragment to attract attention.
- If the screenshot has already been sent to the iPhone library, click the “Edit” button to edit it. In the screenshot, it is indicated by a frame and is located in the upper right corner.
- The arrow points to the additional menu we need.
- On the pop-up panel, select the marked Markup tool.
- As a result of the performed actions, a block with brushes already familiar to us in quick editing, indicated by a frame, will open. To the right of it, you can see the “” sign, which calls up additional tools. The screenshot processed in this way is saved to the library, after which it can be shared by sending it to the messenger or social network.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone 11, X, and more with Face ID
Everything is done very simply, just click on a combination of buttons.
screenshot on iPhone 11, X and others with Face ID
- You need to hold down the side button and the volume up button. This can be done at the same time or with a slight delay for the volume button.
- After doing this, release the buttons. If everything was done correctly, you will see a screenshot thumbnail in the lower left corner of the screen. It can be edited by clicking on the thumbnail or removed by swiping to the left.
How to take a screenshot of the entire page on an iPhone with iOS 11-13
Yes, there are plenty of ways to take a screenshot of an entire page on an iPhone. Their choice depends on the size of the required image.
First, let’s figure out how to make a simple screen on an iPhone. To do this, use the Face ID function, Touch ID or the top button of the smartphone.
With the Face ID function, a simple screenshot is made like this: two buttons are simultaneously clamped: the side (power) and volume up buttons. The finished snapshot can be saved or deleted immediately by simply swiping it off the screen.
In the case of Touch ID, you should clamp the side and “Home”. The actions with the thumbnail are the same. you can save or swipe from the screen. If the device has a top button, then to take a screenshot you need to hold it down while pressing the “Home” button.
The saved screenshots will be displayed in the Screenshots folder. And to get there, you need to go to “Photos” and fall into the section “Albums”.
The latest models with iOS 11 and above already have a video capture option. This feature allows you to capture everything that happens on the iPhone screen and then save the recording to the device’s gallery. In fact, this is a video screenshot.
In order to add this option to the quick menu, you need:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Go to the section “Control Center”.
- Select the line “Customize controls”.
- In the list that appears, find “Screen Recording”.
- Click on the green plus sign opposite.
Now about how to record directly from the screen:
- Call up the express menu (swipe up from the bottom of the screen or swipe down from the top right corner).
- Click on Screen Recording.
- To end the recording process, you need to touch the status line or the clock.
If you hold down the “Screen Recording” button, you will be able to make a video screen with sound. you just need to turn on the microphone.
A snapshot of the entire page with scrolling
In this case, there are also several options. Let’s start with Safari.
In order to get a complex screenshot from the iPhone screen, you will have to follow these steps:
- Go to the Safari browser, minimize the window and go to the page you want to take a snapshot of.
- Take a simple screenshot (the methods are described in detail above).
- Click on the “Preview” button.
- At the top, select the line “Entire page”.
- Click “Finish”.
This method has one bold minus. this option is available only for web pages opened in Safari.
And if you need to screen something else, then you should use third-party applications, like “Tailor”.
- Download “Tailor” in AppStor.
- Allow the app to access the photo.
- By taking simple screenshots, screen the entire required area of the screen so that part of the previous picture overlaps the new one. That is, the end of screenshot No. 1 must be duplicated at the very beginning of the screenshot. The application itself “understands” what needs to be cut and “blinds” the parts into one whole.
- Go directly to Tailor. At the same time, you do not need to select anything. the program independently recognizes fresh screens.
- Click on the “Share” and “Save image” buttons to export the screenshot to the “Photos.
In this case, the screenshot will be identified by the iPhone as a panorama.
How to make a full screen of a page on an iPhone that is larger than the screen. with or without scrolling
Complicated Page Screenshot is a feature that became available not too long ago. Therefore, this option can only be found in relatively new smartphones. And if we talk specifically about iPhones, then making a screen recording using a special function is possible only on devices with the iOS 11 and higher operating system. But there are alternative ways to completely screen a page that does not fit into the screen, and on older models.
Recommendations for older models 5s, 6, 6s, 7 and under
In older models, the video screenshot option is missing. But the usual screenshots are also available here. The only difference is in the key combination: “Power” “Volume” or “Power” “Home”. This universal method does not work only in iPhones up to the third generation. But hardly anyone has such.
And if they are found, then, most likely, these are dead bricks. what screenshots are there!
And one more nuance: on devices with a touch button “Home” (we are talking about the seventh generation), it should be clamped with moderate force. A simple touch may not be recognized by the phone, and, accordingly, the screen will not work.
Actually, nothing complicated. The main thing is to remember the right combination. And the iPhone itself will inform its user about the success of the snapshot with the sound of the camera shutter and the cheerful “winking” of the screen.
How to take a screenshot on an iPhone?
You can take a screenshot of the screen on iPhone in just a few seconds. over, you do not need to enter any menus and submenus, activate different modes, etc. Only two buttons are involved, and the user needs to do the following:
You need to turn on your smartphone. Suddenly, for some reason, you have it turned off. To do this, hold down the upper right button for a couple of seconds.
As soon as the device turns on, you need to select a photo or picture, a screenshot of which we will take. If you decide to just practice, you can save a screenshot of your desktop.
After selecting the image that you want to “screen”, simultaneously press the buttons “Home” (on the front panel. in the center at the very bottom under the display) and “Power” (it is also called the lock button, sleep mode, power supply, etc.). Then we immediately release them. It is not necessary to hold for a long time! It is best to press the buttons with two hands: “Power”. the one in which you hold the device, “Home”. the other.
Have you heard the characteristic sound or click that appears when photographing? And the screen seemed to be lit up by a flash? So you did everything right. The screenshot will be saved by default in the photo gallery.
The main thing is not to hold down the buttons for too long! One second is enough. Otherwise, instead of a screenshot, the system will prompt you to restart or turn off the device. In this case, you will have to press the cancellation, and start the whole procedure again.
How to Screenshot without Home Button [2 Methods]
By the way, the described algorithm for creating screenshots is relevant for all iPhone models (in the “six” the lock button has changed its location), with the exception of the very first one. In the same way, you can take a picture of the screen on an iPad or iPod.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone 5
A rather useful option, which is supported by almost any smartphone, is the ability to save information from the gadget’s screen in the form of a picture. In this article, we will analyze the question of how to take a screenshot on the iPhone 5.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone 5 if the Lock or Home button isn’t working?
As with any device, the “apple” smartphone can fail one of the buttons, which is involved in the creation of a screenshot. What should be done in this case? A few simple steps will help you:
- Go to the “Settings” section. From there to “Basic”. Then we select the item “Universal access”.
- In the section “Physiology and motor skills” we find “Assistive Touch”.
- We activate this function, that is, we transfer the toggle switch to the “On” mode. Then a semi-transparent button will appear on the screen.
- We click on it. A menu will open, in which we select “Apparatus”, then the item “”.
- Finally, the “Screenshot” line will be available here. As you may have guessed, you just need to click on it. All screen is done!
When you might need a screenshot?
First, let’s talk about why you might need a screenshot at all? Situations are different. Basically, the user, taking pictures of the contents of the screen, wants to share some information or, conversely, save it. For instance:
- Copy the chat correspondence, which contains contact information or other information;
- Save a result or achievement in a mobile game to show off to friends or acquaintances;
- Create a “save” of your social network page so that you can quickly see the number of friends / subscribers or give a link to your account;
- Take a snapshot of a web page, pictures from the Internet, postcards, photographs, stills from a movie, etc., and then set them as a screensaver on your desktop.
- Capture the system error and then send the screen to Support.
- As you can see, the screenshot may be needed in different situations. It remains only to find out how to take a screenshot on the fifth iPhone, including models 5s, 5se, 5c, etc.
The screenshot turned out. But how to find it? Tap the “Photos” icon. It is located on the main screen. Then go to the item “Camera photo”. Your screenshot should be at the very end of the list. That is, the picture is saved in the same folder with the photos taken by the camera.
Before taking a screenshot on iPhone, make sure that the battery charge is at least 10-15%. Still, the procedure for creating snapshots is a lot of energy. If the battery is at a minimum, then, most likely, the smartphone will simply turn off.
Taking a screenshot on an iphone 5, 5s, se, etc., you take a picture of the entire screen. If you need to “screen” only a certain part, then it is better to use a special program or editor.
Is it possible to somehow edit the screenshot taken on the iPhone? Of course. The image is saved in png format, which allows you to crop the frame, superimpose highlights on it, change the color, etc. You can add various effects using the integrated photo editor or the Screenshot Maker Pro application.
Keep in mind that you won’t be able to take a screenshot on a switched off iPhone. Also, the smartphone does not “screen” in some applications. For example, in the same photo editor.
Without Power Button via AssistiveTouch
You can take a screenshot in the absence of the on / off key through a special function AssistiveTouch, which can be used to perform various actions. To use the application, you must first enable it: in the “Settings” menu go to “General”, then. “To universal access”. In it it is located.
When AssistiveTouch is enabled, a floating point appears on the display to perform various operations. To capture an image from the monitor, just click on it and select a sequence consisting of “Device”, “” and “Photo display”. After successive actions, the button will disappear for a while, and the phone will execute the specified program.
Photos from your phone can be used:
- to save the results in the game, as proof of their victories and merits;
- correspondence in one of the social networks (, Odnoklassniki);
- underlining errors found in other people’s text documents;
- photos of any events.
You can use Instant Markup to crop the resulting photo. It does not require special icons or switching to a separate mode, as when working with the Photos application. After the image appears in the left corner, you need to click on it, a photo will appear with thick pointers along the edges. To crop it, just click on the lasso and move it to a certain part of the picture. The photo will be cropped in the course of the selection, getting rid of unnecessary background around the edges.
Screenshot of a part of the screen on the iPhone through third-party programs
There are several options for obtaining individual areas from a single photograph. To do this, the user needs to use third-party programs.
Through buttons on the case
How can I take a screenshot on an older iPhone? This technique is referred to as universal due to the fact that it functions on most of the company’s well-known devices. The list includes iPhone 3, 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 7, iPod Touch, iPad classic and mini. Exceptions to the rule are first-generation appliances and Nano players, iPod Classic.
To take a picture of the device display, just press the Home and Lock keys for a second and release them. When using equipment with a Home touch button (for iPhone 7 and 7 Plus), moderate pressure is applied to it, since a weak touch is not always recognized by the smartphone, so a photo will not work.
If you take a picture of the material correctly, the device will emit a sound analogy of a click (like a camera shutter) and for a second the display will turn white (imitation of a flash). The result will be saved in the same folder with regular photos taken by the camera.
For your information! After receiving the photo, you can draw a special label on it that will indicate the location of the file or enlarge part of the image (to highlight individual phrases in emails). You can also apply other specific effects (they do not work on all versions of gadgets): open a fresh photo, choose a suitable editing tool.
The application belongs to free extensions from the Safari mobile web browser. With its help, you can get a complete photo of an open section or a certain part of it. After installing the program, its icon is in the “Actions” subsection in the Safari browser, and does not appear on the desktop.
To activate the functionality, you need to go to the specified place and move the slider to the “On” position opposite the “Image” icon. After that, you can screen any objects, and the finished files will begin to be sent to the built-in mini-editor. It is needed to crop the edges of the image, mark the desired details with arrows and add text labels.
Important! The application is supported by devices running the eighth operating system. For the ninth-tenth versions, support by the company is not declared.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone X and newer
In new models of devices from the company (line of iPhones XS or XR) there is no familiar Home button, which in previous versions was used to create a photo from the display. As a result, the way changed a little.
Most of the functions that were assigned to it are now performed by the on / off key located on the right side of the device. It is also used in the formation of a screen on the iPhone. To create it, you need to press this button on the iPhone XS max or XR simultaneously with the volume up key.
Not all users manage to get the hang of it the first time, many have crashes:
- the volume up button is pressed a little later;
- holding down the on / off key for too long launches Siri.
Note! If for a long time you can’t get the hang of creating an image from the display, then you can use the special AssistiveTouch utility. With its help, you can safely create photos and not think about the correct pressing of the keys, the time of their retention and the simultaneous action.
This option has both positive and negative sides. The advantages include the convenience of performing a procedure that can be carried out with one hand. In previous versions, you had to simultaneously hold down the side key and the Home button. The disadvantages include the possibility of accidental formation of photographs by simply holding the smartphone.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone. how to take a screenshot
To share interesting information or fix system failures, the user has to create a photo from the display. Constant changes in the process of improving mobile phones and tablets raise the legitimate question of how to take a screenshot on the iPhone. Owners of a prestigious device who are fans of “Apple” become perplexed when moving from older to more modern versions of devices.
The program allows you to receive photographs of the display through a personal computer. It simultaneously synchronizes a mobile phone and a PC via a wireless network using AirPlay technology. To get an image, you need to carry out the following algorithm of actions:
- Download and install the application.
- Find the subsection “AirPlay”.
- Enable “Video Replay” functionality.
The working program will start broadcasting the gadget’s desktop. All actions that will be carried out in the device will begin to be duplicated through the application. To get a snapshot from the monitor, just press the Print Screen key. Then open any of the available graphic editors and insert the finished photo into it (by pressing the CtrlV buttons).
Important! Before starting to work with any utility, you need to make sure that it supports this operating system. Otherwise, capturing the best moments will not work. The program works on 32 and 64-bit Windows, functions on Windows xp.
Home button on iPhone: where it is, how to display it, what to do if it doesn’t work
Modern smartphones are made with a minimum of buttons. and more preference is given to touch controls. Today you will be presented with the Home button on the iPhone. What is this control? What functions is he responsible for? Where is the button located? What if it stopped working? The answer to all these questions is much easier than it might seem at first glance. Even an inexperienced iPhone owner can figure them out.
If it doesn’t work
As already mentioned, the mentioned control is used constantly in practice. Therefore, sometimes the owners of “apple” products complain that the Home button refuses to perform its functions. Fortunately, Apple has made sure that all the controls on smartphones and tablets are robust enough. In most cases, breakdowns are repaired quickly and easily.
So, if you want to make the Home button on the iPhone work after some kind of failure, you must:
- Clean the control and lubricate it. It is best to use special lubricants and alcohol for this purpose.
- Calibrate the button. To do this, open any system application (say, a calendar), after which you must hold down the button to turn off the smartphone until the functional menu appears. Next, the Home button is clamped. Keep it until the menu disappears.
- Correct the position of the connector. The gadget is connected to a 30-pin cord, after which you need to lightly press the place where the wire is connected to the iPhone.
All of these tips will help bring the Home button back to life if a system crash has occurred. In case of hardware damage, the control element will have to be replaced. It is advisable to seek the help of specialists. They will replace the button without any problems and return it to work.
What can the Home button on iPhone be used for? It has a wide range of uses. There are several options for pressing the button. one, two and three. Depending on this, the command executed on the smartphone will change.
For example, on iPhone, using this button you can:
- unlock the device;
- close the program, application or game;
- go to Recovery Mode;
- launch widgets of a smartphone or tablet;
- activate one of the standard programs;
- open a menu showing multitasking applications (in the latest iOS versions);
- enable and use voice control (triple tap).
The first 4 points are the same for all iPhone models. The rest of the functionality depends on the installed operating system. Often, users themselves can set in the gadget settings, for which the “Home” button on the iPhone will be responsible. Therefore, it is difficult to say exactly why it is used. It is enough to remember that it is used to exit programs, unlock the device and switch to Recovery Mode.
What is the button
It is important to be aware of which mobile device control you are talking about. Home button on iPhone. this is one of the few keys that can interest the user. It is the most functional device control element.
It is noted that the Home button is used on a smartphone more often than others. It supports a variety of options. They will be discussed further. This control is mainly used to unlock the iPhone or to exit the game / program.
Location and Description
Where is the Home button on the iPhone? Every owner of the device should know about this. It’s not hard to guess what kind of smartphone control we are talking about. The studied button is located at the bottom of the gadget, on the front panel, under the screen. It is made of glass and has a round shape. The button itself usually has a small square, but it may not be. It all depends on the iPhone model. The control is present in any “apple” product.
Output on display
But there is one more trick. It will help you use the control you are learning without its physical form. The Home button on the iPhone screen is not uncommon. Every modern owner of “apple” products can display it and use it if necessary. This function is usually used on newer iOS. There is a special function for displaying a button on the screen. It’s called AssistiveTouch. It is suggested to enable it in a few clicks.
precisely, to display the Home button on the device display, you will have to:
- Open “Settings”. “Basic”. “Universal access”.
- Find AssistiveTouch. Click on this line.
- Move the function pointer to the “On” position.
This is the simplest and fastest solution for bringing your idea to life. A graphic image of the Home button will appear on the screen, which can be used along with the physical interpretation of the element. Nothing difficult, incomprehensible, or unusual. If the Home key is displayed, it can be dragged to any place convenient for the owner.