How to create a folder on the IPhone 8 X XS and XS Max desktop
I welcome you dear friends on our website, in today’s article I would like to talk about a question that seems to be simple, but in fact it is not as simple as it seems. Agree, turning over several screens in search of the desired program for the iPhone is not very productive. Let’s try to put things in order on the desktop of our device and put everything in folders in the literal sense of the word.
In one iPhone folder there may be a maximum of 12 icons. The number of folders that will be created is also limited. no more than 180. On the iPad, the limits are less strict. 220 folders, each of which is placed up to 20 icons. You can get around these restrictions only if there is a jailbreak on the mobile device.
When creating a catalog, the mobile device analyzes its contents and independently assigns its name. However, the user can rename the iPhone folder. This is how it is done:
- Open the folder, press it in its name and hold your finger for a couple of seconds. The icons will tremble, and on the contrary the name of the catalog will appear a cross.
- Wash the name assigned to the iPhone and enter another. Then click “Home” to fix the result. You can also remove the application icon from the folder through editing mode. The user needs to open the folder, press the icon and, holding the finger, take it beyond the borders of the folder, placing it on the desktop.
- To remove the folder, you just need to remove all the icons from it. In the usual way. by clicking on the cross. the folder with the iPhone do not erase.
Many are interested in the question. is it possible to put a password only on some folders, with personal photos or documents, for example? Unfortunately, at the moment there is no such possibility, at least the forces of the iPhone itself.
Since any applications are prohibited from integrating into the iPhone system, this ensures praised protection against hacks and viruses.
The manufacturer only offers blocking the smartphone password as a whole. either with a digital code, or through the Touch ID sensor.
However, there is one completely legal way that allows you to protect the data stored in a particular folder from third.party access. True, for this you have to install a special third.party application. When using them, it will be necessary to unload selected files into protected sections created by the utility.
You can find such programs in the Apple official store, among them: Folderlock, BestSecretfolder, Secret Folder Icon Free and many others. After installing and setting them up, the user will have to enter the password he created each time to enter the protected subsection.
Consider, for example, one of them. Here is what one of the blocks. Folderlock. Flocker programs provides.It provides protection against third-party access of personal photo, video-and audio files, contacts, documents and data on payment cards. Previously, it will be necessary to copy the above data from the iPhone folders to the corresponding Folderlock subsections.Then they should be removed from the system folders of the smartphone and create a reliable complex password. Thus, access to the contents stored in Folderlock will only be possible after its introduction.
The utility additionally protects the iPhone during sewing on the Internet or when sending files. She also makes even safer payment through electronic services. It is almost impossible to hack a web pitch.There are many other similar resources, however, they will work only after Jailbreak, and its use in itself is already a threat to iPhone security.
As you can see, it is not at all difficult to structure the home menu iPhone. Ordered subsections with folders selected on various topics, greatly simplify the search for programs.
There is no chaos, and there is an opportunity to additionally increase the degree of preservation of content.
Since no matter how much the Apple shell was protected, hackers regularly hack it even. Therefore, it will not be superfluous to additionally strengthen the “bastions”, packing the most important information for you. Yes, it is not very convenient to enter access passwords every time, but this way you guaranteed to minimize the risk of any leak.
How to create a folder on iPhone through iTunes
There are alternative ways to create a catalog. The owner of the Apple iPhone can use the iTunes program, which provides for such a functionality. The utility needs to be installed on the computer, after which you will be able to make a new folder as follows:
- Connect the phone to PC using a complete USB cable.
- Open iTunes and undergo authorization using your Apple ID, which is assigned to the iPhone.
- As soon as iTunes finds the iPhone, go to the “Program” section.
The number of catalogs that can be created on the desktop is not limited. You just need to fit into the space of the main screen.
For the correct operation of iTunes, the MacOS or Windows 7, 8 or 10 operating system should be installed on your computer.
Adding icons to the screen “Home
To create your own folder, first you need to add all the icons of the desired applications to the “home” screen.
Spend on the right on the right on the screen “Home”
In the search bar, write the name of the applications
Press and hold the application icon, transfer it from the list, now you will automatically get to the “home” screen
We make a folder on the iPhone
When creating the folder, the name will be given automatically, depending on which applications are stored inside. If you are going to change the name, just go to the directory, and then click in the name. The keyboard will open, with which it will be possible to specify any suitable name.
You can remove the application from there. To do this, click on the icon before swaying, and then drag it to the desktop. You can remove the folder, this is done in several movements, just remove all applications from it. When you remove the latter, it will not become. If you have a lot of folders, it is possible to remove all applications from them at once, for this you should visit the Settlement section. There are looking for the “Reset” menu, and in it the column, which is responsible for the grounding of settings for placing the desktop. All catalogs will be deleted, those programs that were in them will be transferred to the desktop, and then will be located in alphabetical order.
How to create a new folder on the iPhone desktop
The new folder on the smartphone desktop is made quite simple:
- Click and hold the application icon with your finger.
- After a while, a menu will appear in which you need to choose the option: change the screen “Home”.
- As soon as the application icons begin to move, which means that the editing mode has been activated. In it you can move them along the screen, delete, and also create catalogs.
- In order to create a folder, it is enough to drag one application icon on another. This action will create a new catalog.
- Click on it to open it. You will see two applications inside the folder. To get out of it, click on the area outside the integse.
Then you can start dragging the applications that you want to add to the folder. An unlimited number of applications can be placed there, the catalog will automatically create new pages. Each page inside the folder may contain up to nine applications icons.
How to control folders
By default, your iPhone automatically assigns the names of each folder (for example, games, music, photos, etc.) depending on the category of two applications that you initially used to create a catalog. However, the name of the folder can be changed. This is done as follows:
- Open the folder.
- Click and hold your finger on the name to run the editor.
- After that, tap the name twice to highlight and delete it.
- Next, enter the right name.
- Click “Ready” to save changes.
In addition to renaming the folder, you can take a number of actions:
- Folders can be moved along the desktop in the same way as all other shortcuts. To do this, enter the editing mode and drag the catalog to the right place.
- You can also move the folder to another page of the main screen. To do this, click it and move it to the edge of the screen. After a few seconds, you will automatically move to the next screen.
- If you want to add the folder to the Dock panel, first make room, dragging any of the four shortcuts to the desktop. After that, you can place the catalog on the fast access panel.
- Application icons inside the folder can, similarly to moving them along the main screen. To do this, open the catalog, and then click the free area to go into editing mode. After that, you can arrange the shortcuts in the right order.
How to create a folder on the iPhone
It is easy to create a folder on the iPhone. Do you use the latest iPhone XS and iPhone XR or older versions of the iPhone, the steps are almost the same. with the exception of a step of access to the main screen, which is very different on the iPhone X, iPhone XS and iPhone XR.
iPhone 11 Pro: How to Create a Folder on Home Screen
Create a folder on the iPhone X, iPhone XR and iPhone XS
iPhone 11 How to Create Folders (iOS 13)
New iPhone XR and iPhone XS. Like their predecessor, do not have a Home button. Follow the following steps:
Spend your finger up. Wherever you are on the iPhone X, iPhone XR and iPhone XS, draw a finger from the lower edge of the screen. The horizontal strip that is displayed at the bottom of the screen serves your handle. You can check our special article on how to get to the main screen iPhone X for more detailed instructions.
Click and hold the application. Wait until the applications show up and you will have a X icon in the right upper part before moving on to the next steps.
Drain the application to another application. Picking the application icon to the icon of another application signals your iPhone about grouping both applications into the folder.
The new folder has been created. You can see that both applications are now in the folder.
Your iPhone will automatically create the appropriate name for the folder. In this example, the iPhone considers the best name a folder containing the App Store and iTunes Store as a LifeTyle folder. Click on the empty part of the screen to return to the main screen. Click on the “Ready” button in the right upper part of the screen to save changes.
Management of folders
Without the possibility of managing objects of the file system, working with iPhone would not be so convenient and would not save time.
Control of the file system object includes the following possibilities:
- Changing the name. When creating a new option, the operating system automatically assigns its name. It is based on the information material stored inside. It can also be done independently. Enter the file object and press the name. This action allows you to open a keyboard, where the name is the most suitable for the application.
- Removing the information segment. Touch the image of the application and hold the symbol until it starts to shake. After that they move to the storage containing the application. An application appears on the iPhone screen, which is located in the contents of another folder. The icon will also tremble slightly. Now you need to press and drag the option of interest outside the folder. Then they return to the desktop again to move the application that is cleaned to a new place or completely removed.
- Full removal. Before deleting the folder, all applications stored in it are removed from it. As soon as the latter is removed, it is liquidated in automatic mode. It is possible to remove objects from an existing file storage. To do this, you need to enter the phone settings, namely in the sections: “General” and “Reset”. In the latter, select the item “Reset settings for placement of the desktop“. Such manipulations allow you to remove existing folders and applications located in them in alphabetical order, and sort them on the main screen.
- Search for applications. For this, ITUNES search line, located in the upper right corner, is used. This greatly facilitates the work with the device in the presence of a large number of different applications. They are dragged straight into the contents of the file storage from the search results.