The Apple Wallet application allows you to view the history of card use, check the balance and discount discounts, receive notifications about promotions, etc. It can even be blocked remotely. if the phone is lost or stolen, so that information about your cards will be completely safe. guaranteed.
Access to the main features through the menu. The following actions are available:
- automatic selection (for the very top);
- changing the sequence;
- update information (pull down);
- useful information (for example, contact information);
- general access (not for everyone);
- installation of a special program for a specific card;
- display on a locked screen (not always possible. manufacturer restriction or problems with the geolocation service).
What is Apple Wallet
Apple Wallet (formerly Passbook) is a virtual wallet that stores bank numbers, discount cards, movie or train tickets, airplane, bus, etc. right on your phone. It was officially launched in Russia in October 2016, after a two-year “run-in” in the USA (although cunning users, changing their IP to British, used the passbook much earlier).
- smartphone iPhone 6 and above;
- touchID (owner’s fingerprint identification) or FaceID (for iPhone X).
- iPad tablet;
- iPodTouch player;
- IWatch smart watch.
Number of cards: from 8 (on old models) to 12 (on new ones).
What cards are supported
Over the four years of the program’s existence, a great many companies have accumulated that provide Apple with virtual analogs of real cards. These are large chains with a big name and branches in several countries (Auchan, Ikea, McDonald’s, Starbucks), although there are also fairly young local companies (Perekrestok, VkusoManiya, TeleMax, Street beat, etc.).
Here are some options that can be used in Russia:
- BP (refueling)
- Leap (sportswear)
- Re: Store (Apple distributor)
- Slow subs
- Ural Airlines
- AVTODOR-Toll roads
- Adamas (jewelry)
- Alpha insurance
- M Video
- Media Markt
- ROLF Premium (BMW Center)
- The messenger
- The Snow Queen
- SportMaster and others, and others, and others.
Don’t know if you can load a discount card on iPhone? Ask the seller at the checkout. he must know if it has virtual counterparts
How to add a card
There are already resources that have accumulated a large database of popular maps. These are passsource.com (if there is no barcode on the plastic) and osmicards.com (for the most different ones), as well as the FidMe application. Using them is simple: choose a company from the list, enter the number. the virtual card is ready. Files with the.pkpass extension can be transferred:
- through Apple applications: “Mail”, “Messages”;
- via AirDrop (local network for Mac and Apple devices, wireless. based on BlueTooth or WI-FI);
- from a Mac device.
You can carry out the procedure yourself:
- through special applications. with one click;
- by scanning a barcode;
- if you pay in a network that supports Apple Pay, the application itself will offer to add the appropriate discount card.
- Launch the Wallet app.
- Click on the blue plus (“Add card”).
- Then take a photo or manually enter the numbers.
- Click “Next”.
On the tablet, the process is similar, only the application itself is in the “Settings”.
If the application returns the answer: “This code does not apply to any card” or something similar to it, then you will not be able to use the application. the manufacturer did not count on the virtual use of the card through the iPhone.
To use the application through a smart watch (and to make it work independently of a smartphone):
- Launch the Watch app on iPhone.
- Click on “My Watch”.
- Go to Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Select from the list of maps that you have already added to iPhone, according to the desired.
- Click “Add”.
Or click “Add a new card” and do everything as the instructions that appear will show.
Be sure to turn on TouchID or FaceID before adding. If you disable it or remove the password, information about all cards will be immediately erased from the phone’s memory so as not to fall into the hands of intruders. IWatch requires wrist recognition or at least a password, otherwise no data will be saved.
How to use
To get a discount on a virtual card, there must be an icon on the scanner
as well as a contactless terminal and support for Apple Pay.
Also, the mechanism should work if the terminal works with PayPass or PayWave.
However, even if there are no icons, try anyway.
The algorithm for opening a virtual discount card through the phone is simple:
There is a simplified option. to use the “Automatic selection” function: you just need to bring the iPhone to the scanner while holding your finger on the fingerprint recognition touch window (or look at the iPhone X to verify your identity via FaceID).
- Double click on the side button.
- Contact with the scanner.
- Done! You are gorgeous!
The most advanced companies equip their retail outlets with contactless terminals. Accordingly, Apple Pay is only applicable where there is a barcode scanner. If (and there are a lot of such options) in the shopping center there are primitive bank terminals that require you to use plastic with a magnetic stripe or insert a card with a chip, Apple Wallet will turn out to be too modern and not useful. Yes, and you still can’t get away from the business card holder. is it really possible to reduce its volume only a little (by 12 of the most useful copies). However, as a step into the future, Apple Wallet technology is the perfect embodiment of the ideas of science fiction novels.!