If you don’t have an old iPhone, or all data has been erased from it
In this situation, the Smart watch can still be paired with the old device. To break a couple, we perform the following actions:
Recovering data on a new iPhone and connecting Apple Watch
We have a local copy, now we need to connect the new iPhone to the Mac to transfer the information. After connecting the gadget to iTunes, you will be prompted to restore it from the latest backup, which we do.
When the process is complete, Apple Watch can be connected. Instructions:
In this step, select the “Restore from backup” section. We indicate the most current version of the copy and wait for the process to complete.
Now Smart-watches are linked to the new iPhone, all information is restored.
How to connect Apple Watch to a new iPhone. transfer settings
Now we will figure out how to connect Apple Watch to iPhone for the first time or if you have changed iPhone to another. We will analyze all the nuances and connection options.
This article applies to all iPhone 11 / XS (r) / X / 8/7/6 and Plus models on iOS 13. Older versions may have different or missing menu items and hardware support specified in the article.
Preparing Apple Watch to connect to a new iPhone
In iOS, to connect Apple Watch to a new gadget, you need to save all your personal data using a simple and functional backup system in iTunes. First, we break a pair between the old iPhone and the Smartwatch.
In the course of this process, information from the Apple Watch will be backed up to the device’s memory. To do this, follow the steps:
These actions are performed quickly, it will take less than a minute. After breaking the pair, the clock is cleared of all content. a full reset is performed. All content from Apple Watch will be preserved on iPhone.
Saving an iPhone backup
If you choose to back up information in iCloud, then there are no nuances here:
You can also create a local backup copy of the data on the Mac, because you can recover from it many times faster than using a cloud server. Instructions:
There is a rather important nuance here. The backup must be encrypted.
You can use any password, but you need to add encryption, since the data will not be saved in the copy from the Apple Watch. all information from the Activity and Health applications will disappear.
IPhone doesn’t prompt to use Apple Watch during setup
If you encounter this problem, then break the pair between the old iPhone and the Smartwatch. Then you need to pair with a new iPhone.
When a prompt is displayed, you should restore your Smartwatch from a backup. Check that your gadgets are up to date, otherwise the backup may not appear in the list of available ones.
Reboot Apple Watch and iPhone before pairing them
At this point, you should restart your iPhone and Apple Watch. This may allow the devices to sync if they were unable to do so before.
To restart Apple Watch, you need to press and hold the Side button. until the Slide to Power Off slider appears on the display. Drag it to the right to turn off the clock. When it turns off, wait a few seconds. Then press and hold the Side button again until you see the Apple logo indicating the watch is restarting.
For iPhones, if you’re on Gen X or above, you need to press and hold the Side button and one of the Volume buttons to bring up the Slide to Power Off slider. Slide to the right by turning off your phone. Then press the Side button. to reactivate the device. If the Apple logo appears, then you did everything right.
If you are in generation 6, 7, or 8, press and hold the Side button. until the Slide to Power Off slider appears. Slide to the right by turning off your phone. Then press and hold the Side button. until the Apple logo appears and wait for the phone to restart.
Get Cash on Your Used Apple Watch We buy used and broken Apple watches for big bucks! Get free shipping, a 14-day price lock and a top price guarantee. GET FREE PRICE
If you have an iPhone 5 or earlier, you need to press and hold the Top button. until the Slide to Power Off slider appears. Drag the slider and wait for the phone to turn off. Then press and hold the Top button. until the Apple logo appears.
When both the iPhone and Apple Watch are reactivated, see if they recognize each other now. If you still fail, keep reading.
Pairing Apple Watch with a New iPhone (How To). Netcruzer TECH
You cannot turn Bluetooth on or off, but you can unpair the watch and iPhone.
- Deleting a pair will delete all data from your watch.
- When you disconnect your device, your iPhone automatically backs up your watch.
- Keep Apple Watch and iPhone close to each other while you rip them apart.
- If your Apple Watch is disconnected from pairing when your iPhone is out of range, no backup will be created.
To unpair your Apple device, follow these steps:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Click My Watch. then press the watch you want to unpair with.
- Click the info icon next to the clock (looks like an “i” in a circle).
- Click Unpair Apple Watch Unpair Apple Watch [Apple ID].
- If your watch has a data plan connected to an eSIM, select whether to keep or delete the plan and eSIM information.
- Click Keep Plan. if you want to continue using the watch with the same line.
- Click Delete Plan. if you want to use the watch with a different line, account or other operator.
The clock does not connect
What to do if you can’t connect your watch to your phone:
- When connecting the watch to the phone, it must be charged, turned on and close to the mobile device.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone.
- Make sure that you connect both devices not just via Bluetooth in the phone settings, but using a special application recommended by the manufacturer of the wearable gadget. If you have paired the devices via Bluetooth, go to its settings on your smartphone and click “Break the connection”. Then connect in the program.
- Check that the versions of the application and the operating system of your phone meet the compatibility requirements. It is advisable to install the latest software versions.
- Sometimes restarting the smartphone helps, as well as resetting the watch settings to factory defaults.
- Try to untie other devices that are connected to the smartphone (headphones, chest heart rate monitor, speaker, etc.) and try to connect the watch again.
- In some cases, for example, when connecting a children’s watch, it is required to install a SIM card in it.
Write in the comments if the method helped?
Write in the comments if the method helped? X
We have provided you with instructions on how to connect your watch to your Android phone and iPhone. Before pairing two devices, we advise you to study the manual that came with the wearable gadget. Find out how the connection to a smartphone should occur: through a special application or through Bluetooth settings.
When connecting, carefully read the recommendations and tips in each of the steps that will help you complete the procedure correctly.
Write in the comments if you have any difficulties connecting your phone to the Smartwatch, and if you have found ways to solve the problem.
- Was the information helpful ?
- Well no
Troubleshooting tips for transferring Apple Watch to a new iPhone
Having trouble transferring your Apple Watch from one device to another? Here are some suggestions.
Unpair Apple Watch
Finally, if a family member ever gets an iPhone and wants to use their phone with their watch, you can unpair the pair between them and your iPhone. To do this, in the Watch application on your phone, go to the “All watches” section and tap the information icon next to your interlocutor’s phone. Tap the “Unpair Apple Watch” entry.
Enter the person’s Apple ID password. Wait until the watch is paired and the other person can set up the watch with their iPhone.
Connect your new Apple Watch to your phone
The first thing you need to do is charge your iPhone and new Apple Watch. It doesn’t matter that they both have a fully charged battery, just enough to go through the pairing process and download a backup of your old Apple Watch.
Then take a moment to install the strap. Just press and hold the button next to the strap at the bottom of the watch. Then slide the strap into place until you hear a click. Repeat for the other side.
Now put your Apple Watch on your wrist and find a comfortable fit. Turn on the watch by pressing and holding the side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen. A pairing screen should appear on your iPhone. Click Continue.
If you don’t see this screen, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then tap Start Pairing.
Apple Watch will have a blue particle pattern to pair with an iPhone.
A pattern of blue particles appears on the Apple Watch. When prompted, position your iPhone so the Apple Watch is visible in the camera viewfinder. In a moment, the two devices will be paired.
Now tap Set up Apple Watch and follow the instructions on your iPhone and Apple Watch to complete the setup. At this point, you can restore the backup of your previous Apple Watch to new ones.
If you can’t or don’t want to use your iPhone camera to pair, you can tap Manually pair your Apple Watch at the bottom of your phone screen. When you see a pattern of blue particles on your Apple Watch display, tap the info icon (that’s the letter “i” inside the circle at the bottom corner). A six-digit code will appear on the screen of your watch. Enter this code on your iPhone when prompted. In a moment, your iPhone and Apple Watch will be paired and you can continue setting up your watch.
Apple Watch with iPhone
For Apple device owners, our instructions will help you connect your phone to the watch:
- Connect the charger to Apple Watch.
- Activate Bluetooth on iPhone.
- Press and hold the side button on the watch until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Bring your phone close to the wearable device until the pairing screen appears on the smartphone.
- Click Continue. You can also select Set As New in the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Click in the program “Start Pairing”.
- Point the iPhone camera at the Apple Watch screen until an animation appears on the display.
- Follow further instructions and agree to all terms and conditions.
- If you don’t want to sign in with your Apple ID, skip this step.
- Create a password (if you continue to use Apple Pay).
- Decide if you want your Apple Watch to update automatically or manually.
- Make the suggested settings and click OK.
- You can choose to install all apps at once upon pairing, or choose specific ones later.
- Wait for synchronization and completion of the process before the welcome screen appears.
How to replace Apple Watch with a new iPhone
You just got a shiny new iPhone 12, and of course you want your Apple Watch to play great with it. You can restart your watch to start over, but there is an easier way to switch Apple Watch to a new iPhone.
Some of this may sound like a breeze, but Apple‘s goal. prevent a thief from using your Apple Watch. Or prevent anyone from copying the contents of your Apple Watch to their iPhone.