How to install Google Play and other Google services on Huawei smartphones
The spread of the coronavirus has recently become the main topic that is being discussed in all industries, raising its significance to the absolute. As a result, the previous trend, centered around Huawei and its confrontation with the US authorities, has receded not even into the background, but into the background. In any case, for those who do not use the equipment of the Chinese brand. But those who nevertheless decided to buy it, now by hook or by crook are trying to bypass the imposed restrictions and still install Google services. To their delight, this can be done and, most importantly, quite easily and quickly.
Google has banned the installation of its services on Huawei smartphones, but there is a way to get around the ban
Suddenly for everyone on the web, a new tool has appeared that allows you to install Google Play on Huawei. It’s called Chat Partner. I say “unexpected” because a previous tool that served the same purpose was blocked at the request of Google. The search giant, having learned that users of the Chinese brand’s devices had the opportunity to circumvent the ban, revoked the Android license from the application that installed Google services. Fortunately, Chat Partner is now completely free to download.
How to install Google Pay on Huawei
Installing Google services on Huawei smartphones is possible again. But how long?
- Complete the installation by pressing the activation key;
- Log in with your Google account;
- Open Google Play and install the apps you want.
Huawei releases new smartphones, but at the same time forgets to update old and not very old.
In fact, the process of installing Google services using Chat Repair is pretty straightforward and straightforward. The only thing that confuses me a little is the need to go through authorization right in the application window. I understand that this is not a phishing page, but this may not be obvious to everyone. Therefore, if you try to install Google services in this way, be careful and remember that all actions, especially when entering a login and password from your account, you perform at your own peril and risk.
How to install Google Mobile Services
Huawei decided to compete with Google and launched its own search engine.
Despite the fact that this method of installing Google services is working and, unlike most others, as simple as possible, it is important to understand that its use is not entirely legal. The fact is that Huawei does not buy a license for its services from Google, and therefore has no right to use them in its smartphones. Therefore, Google at any time can not only revoke the certificate from Chat Partner, prohibiting its operation, but also block the Google Mobile Services installed with it on Huawei devices. Therefore, when installing Google services, immediately set yourself up for the fact that, most likely, it is temporary.
Chat Partner does not work
Just a few days after the launch of Chat Partner, complaints from users began to appear on the Internet, reporting that Chat Partner would not start. The reasons did not have to go far. As it turned out, it was Google that blocked a new way to install Google Play services on Huawei smartphones. The company has acted in full compliance with US law, which restricts its cooperation with Huawei, which is under sanctions. The only surprise is how quickly Google reacted to what was happening, revoking the certificate from Chat Partner and blocking its applications on the devices of the Chinese brand.
Some apps from Huawei’s AppGallery don’t work without Google Play
We have already mentioned that Google blocks applications on Huawei smartphones. Google Play Protect antivirus, which is part of Google Mobile Services, scans devices for installed software and a certificate issued by Google. If there is no certificate, and the services and applications of the search giant are installed, the company simply blocks them. As a result, justice, according to Google, triumphs, and violators are left with nothing.
How to install apps on Huawei
Petal Search is Huawei’s new app search engine
How to install google play store in Huawei Honor phones
However, now, in order to install applications that are not in AppGallery on Huawei smartphones, it is absolutely not necessary to act against Google’s rules. Huawei recently unveiled its new service called Petal Search. It can be downloaded directly from AppGallery. It is a universal search engine that searches for the applications the user needs on various Internet sites like APKPure, APKMirror, etc., from where they can be downloaded without any problems. It is interesting that in this way you can even download Google Play to your device, but remember that all actions you perform at your own peril and risk.
Method using OTG / HUAWEI Nano Memory Card
- Create a folder “Backup” in the root folder of the flash drive / memory card
- Open the archive “Huawei-Honor-Google.zip” and follow the following path: Huawei-Honor-Google / google apps lzplay.zip. The folder “lzplay_2019-10-10” located here is copied to the folder “Backup”
you can do this without using a PC
- We connect the USB flash drive via the OTG cable / insert the memory card into the phone
- We go to “Settings”. We find through the search bar “Backup and Restore” and click on it
- Choose “Data backup”
- In the welcome window “Backups” click “Next”, “Accept”, “External storage”
- Selecting a USB drive / Memory card
- Click “Restore”
- If asked, enter the password
To install Google services on your Huawei or Honor smartphone, you will need:
- Download the necessary files from Yandex.Disk / Cloud
- Install and update HUAWEI HiSute software from the official website
- Back up all the data you need from your smartphone
- Reset smartphone settings to factory settings
- Set the screen fade settings to “never”
- Be patient
As soon as the whole set is assembled. we can start!
The average hard worker doesn’t have much interest until the US-China trade war. But before the absence of Google services in good smartphones. there is! The instructions below will tell you in detail how to breathe Google soul into a Huawei smartphone. For those who cannot read the instructions with their hands, there is a video instruction. IMPORTANT: method WORKING on smartphones Huawei Mate 30 Pro, Honor View 30 Pro, Honor 9X, Huawei P40 Pro, Huawei P40, Huawei P40 Lite and tablet Huawei MediaPad M6. Method DOES NOT WORK on Honor 30 Pro, Honor 30, Honor 30S, Honor 9A, Honor 9C, Honor 9S. ATTENTION! New instructions are here. https://mobiltelefon.ru/post_1595687990.html
Method using PC:
- Go to settings
- We drive in the search bar “HDB”
- Click “Allow HiSute access to HDB”
- We translate the toggle switch “Allow HiSuite access to HDB” in the active position
- Open the archive “Huawei-Honor-Google.zip” and go along the following path: Huawei-Honor- Google / google apps lzplay.zip. Copy the folder “lzplay_2019-10-10” located here to “C: \ Users \ YOUR_ACCOUNT \ Documents \ HiSuite \ backup”
- Turn on and update HiSuite
- Connect to PC with a cord
- We give the right to transfer files
- Allow HiSuite to use HDB by clicking “OK” in the pop-up window
- If nothing is touched, then the HiSuite welcome window will open. In it we need to click “Next”, “Agree” and “Allow”
- An 8-digit code will appear on the screen
- A code entry field is already waiting for us. Enter and click “Connect”
- In the HiSuite home window that opens, click “Restore”, “Restore”
- Enter the confirmation password and click “OK”
- After completing the process, click “Finish”. HiSuite is no longer needed
- Open the archive “Huawei-Honor-Google.zip”. We pass along the path: Huawei-Honor-Google / google apps lzplay.zip. Copy the “Google Installation” folder to the root folder of the smartphone
If you can’t just “drag” the file from the archive directly to your phone, drag it to any place on your PC and then copy it to your smartphone
- We don’t need a PC anymore. You can disconnect the device
Continuation, the same for everyone
- After the previous manipulations, the application “G” should appear on the working screen. Click, give all permissions
- Close “G” and all other running applications
- Run “G” and press the blue button to start the process under the list. We are waiting for the first error and move on
- Launch the “Files” application or another similar file manager. Go to the tab “Categories”, “Internal memory”
- Find the “Google Installation” folder and install applications from the first to the sixth. At the first request for permission to install applications, put a tick “Do not ask again” and click “Allow”
- Close all active windows
- Open application “G” and click on the big blue button below the list. In the pop-up window, press the blue smaller button
- We collapse “G”
- Open “Settings”, “Users and accounts”, click on “Add account”, “Google”. We answer “OK” to the warning about the older version.
- We select “Existing”, wait, enter the mail and password. Click “Next”. If asked to enter through the site, click “Next” and log in in the window that opens. There may be delays when choosing the option to confirm login via SMS. do not hesitate to click “Send again”
- If you have several Google accounts, you should drive everything in at this stage. There will be no such opportunity further
- Close all open applications
- Open “Files” and install the application at number 7. Errors will start to come to the notification curtain. this is the norm
- Open the “Play Market” and install the “Device ID” from the developer “VTechno” (white droid on a purple background)
- Close all active applications
- Launch “Device ID” and see the values in the first two positions. We do absolutely nothing with this data. So far, the very fact of their presence is important to us. Minimize the application
- Open “Settings”, “Applications”, “Applications”, look for “Google Play Services”. If the value in the “Version” field is 20.XX.XX. click “Delete”, “OK”. If 19.XX.XX. restart the device and wait until it updates to 20.XX.XX
- Open “Files” and install the application number 8
- Open “Device ID” and make sure there is a value in the “Google Service Framework” field
- Close all applications
- Open “Settings”, “Applications”, “Applications”, click on the three dots in the upper right corner, select “Show system”. Search for and click on “Google Services Framework”. Next, go to the “Memory” section and click “Clear cache”, “Reset”, “OK”.
- Open “Device ID”. Make sure there is no value for “Google Services Framework”
If the value is still in place: close and open “Device ID”. If still not gone, repeat step 21
- Reboot the device
- Checking “Device ID”. The value “Google Services Framework” must be assigned
If not assigned, you should wait for the assignment
- Open “Settings”, “Applications”, “Applications” and delete “Google Play Services”
- Open “Files” and install the application number 9
Use Google Installer
If the Google Play APK file method does not work for you, try using the Google Install APK as in the instructions:
- Download the following APK files to your device. The first is the Google Installer APK and the second is the Google Play Store APK.
- Go to Phone Settings and select Advanced Settings. Enable installation from unknown sources and confirm the request.
- Use Huawei File Manager to Find and Open the Google Installer APK.
- Follow the installation instructions until the APK is installed.
- When done, run the google installer.
- Click on the blue circle icon with “Install” and then click on the yellow circle icon.
- Click the red circle icon and accept the agreement with all required permissions.
- Find the Google Play Store APK file on your phone and open it. Follow the installation instructions.
- Install Google Play Services, Play Store and any other Google apps you need. This is it!
How to install Google Play on Huawei devices
Huawei is a great Android phone brand offering exceptional value for money. However, due to recent events, mainly due to an increasingly bitter dispute with the US government over security issues, China has banned some foreign products and services, including Google.
They have their own replacements for apps, browsers, etc. which is great for their Chinese users.
But don’t worry, you can install Google Play on your Huawei phone. Read the details.
Use GSM Installer
Finally, if other methods did not work for you, you can use the GSM installer. Follow these steps:
- Once again, you need to enable installation from unknown sources (Settings Advanced Settings Security OK on your device).
- Download and install the GSM installer on your device.
- Download the Google Play Store APK from the link.
- Install it on your Huawei device.
- When the setup is complete, click on the “Google Play Store” app.
- Log into the app with your Google username and password.
That’s all. This is the last method to install Google Play on Huawei phones. I hope you managed to follow all the steps and did not have any problems with this.
Use the Google Play APK file
The most popular method to install Google Play on Huawei phones is probably the APK file. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your Huawei or Honor phone.
- Scroll down and select Advanced settings.
- Then select “Security” and then “Allow installation from unknown sources”.
- Confirm the warning by clicking OK if you agree.
- Then you need to follow these links to download the Google Play Store. Google Play Services and Google Services Framework.
- Install all download files in the same order.
- When you finish installing the files, you should see the Google Play app on the Apps screen. Click on it.
- Use your Google credentials to login or create a new account.
This is it! You can use Google Play normally after successfully completing all steps. If this method does not work for you, use the method below.
How to install Google Play on Huawei and Honor phones
There are several ways to install Google Play on Huawei and Honor. Wait? Has anyone mentioned anything about Honor? Well, it’s not really a Huawei brand and shares most of the features of Huawei phones. Basically, it’s the same thing, only more affordable because it doesn’t bear the Huawei name.
The following methods you are about to read relate to work on multiple Huawei and Honor devices including Huawei P20 Pro, P30 Pro, Nova 4, Honor Magic 2, Honor 8X, Honor 10 Lite, Mate 20 Pro and Honor View 20.
All of these methods work. You just have to choose your preferred option.
Enjoy using Google Play
Google Play is probably the most important app on all Android devices. In this regard, China has really made life difficult for everyone by banning the use of this technology on its devices. Fortunately, there are some workarounds, just like the methods we described above.
Which one did you use to install Google Play on your Huawei phone? Which Huawei phone are you using? Share this and everything else in the comment section below.
Method four. Recovery mode plus ROOT access
The above options for installing Google services are simple, they do not require ROOT access or switching to recovery mode. However, their use can fail. if the security settings set by the manufacturer prevent the installation of Google products. In this case, you can install the necessary utilities by switching to the recovery mode. To do this, we recommend that you first download and install the TWRP assembly. It will be optimal to immediately get root-rights. in this case, the installation will be completely automatic. The last condition is not necessary: below we will show how to install Google Utilities without access to the root folder.
Instructions on how to download the Play Market on Huawei and other phones after receiving ROOT rights:
- Download the Open GApps application and run it and grant superuser rights upon request. Without these permissions, automatic installation will not be possible.
- By clicking on the “Next” arrow, indicate the architecture of the processor installed in the phone. It should be detected automatically; if not, look in the instructions for your smartphone.
- On the next page, specify the current version of the operating system. It, like architecture, is usually determined automatically.
- Select which set of Google utilities should be downloaded and installed on the gadget. The bundle grows from the bottom up, from a single Play Market (Pico variant) to a complete bundle with Android Pay and a choice of components (Aroma variant). We recommend choosing the Full option, which includes all standard services.
- Start download. Wait while the application downloads all the selected components. To see how much is still left, the download bar located at the bottom of the window will help.
When the download is complete, click on “Install”. The downloaded items will be automatically installed by the application.
Method two. Google installer
The first method suggested in the article involves downloading Google services one by one: you have to manually find, download and launch the installation of each APK. The process can be accelerated by programs developed for the mass installation of Google products on a Chinese phone.
For example, the Google Installer applet has been developed for Xiaomi smartphones. The application can work on smartphones of other Chinese manufacturing companies, but it is optimized specifically for the specified brand. You can download it from the link (registration on the site is required).
After the applet is loaded into the memory of your gadget:
- Run the APK installation (permission to install from unknown sources should already be granted).
- If any Google services are already installed, give permission to replace them with new versions.
- Wait while the program downloads and installs the latest releases of Google applications. For this time, the phone can be left unattended. the process is fully automatic.
A big plus of the product is the ability to choose which Google services should be downloaded and installed. The program requires a stable Internet connection. installation data is not contained in the installation APK and will be downloaded separately, upon request.
The product is not compatible with some phone models. If you see a notification about an installation error, go to the next method.
Method one. Official releases
There is no single general scheme for installing Google utilities on a mobile device of Chinese origin. The procedure depends on:
- Phone firmware versions.
- Manufacturer-configured security settings.
- Availability of an installer adapted for your gadget.
Fortunately, new Chinese gadgets usually come without overkill. you can install Google Play services on Android simply by downloading the APK executable and launching it. We advise you to start with this method: it is extremely simple, does not require ROOT access, switching to recovery mode or connecting to a computer.
Before getting started, be sure to go to the system settings section of your gadget. Here, in the section “Security” or having a similar name, you need to give permission to install programs downloaded from third-party (“unknown”) sources. The names of sections, subsections, options may differ depending on the firmware and localization. but you will certainly find the right item.
When permission is granted, follow the instructions:
- Go to apkpure.com. You can do this right in your mobile browser.
- Tap on the search icon located in the upper right of the window and enter a query like Google Play in the search bar.
- Go to the service page. Download the latest version by clicking the green button right below the title.
- If the smartphone does not accept the new version, try downloading and installing one of the stably working old ones. a list of them is given at the bottom of the page.
- Specify in which directory the APK installer should be downloaded and start downloading.
- Accept the system warning about a potentially unsafe file.
- If the download does not start within a few seconds, follow the link “Click here”.
- After the download is complete, the installation of Google Play proceeds as usual.
On the same site you can find and download other Google services. “Music”, “Books”, “Games”, “Maps” and so on.
Method three. Google Apps Installer
- After the installation is complete, run the applet.
- The program will automatically detect which Google products are already installed on your smartphone and offer to uninstall them to install the newest versions.
How To Install Google Play On The Huawei/Honor Phones [NEW FANTASTIC METHOD] It Works!
- After uninstalling, you can install the Play Market and other Google utilities on the gadget. The process is carried out automatically.
To download services, the application needs a stable Internet access. Do not disconnect until all of your selected products have been downloaded and installed.
The fifth method. Recovery mode without ROOT access
Instructions on how to download the Play Market and install it along with other Google services if you cannot install root rights:
- Run the previously installed TWRP package. To do this, by pressing the power button, select reboot into recovery mode, and wait for the advanced options menu to appear. The Open GApps package must already be downloaded to the gadget’s memory.
- Tap on the Install button.
- Specify in which directory the downloaded GApps ZIP installer is stored and install it.
- When the installation is complete, reboot to production mode. This can be done by clicking on the Reboot button located in the same window.
When the phone turns on normally, launch GApps, download and install Google products as shown in the previous section.
During the installation of Google services in the described way, errors may occur with the following codes:
- 10 and / or 30. Indicate that the firmware is out of date. update TWRP by downloading the executable file from a reliable source.
- 20. Indicates the incompatibility of the downloaded packages and your version of the Android OS. Most likely, you incorrectly specified the generation of the operating system when you first started GApps.
- 64. Indicates the incompatibility of the installed packages with the processor architecture. The error is probably related to the wrong choice of architecture in the GApps start window.
- 70. Indicates a lack of internal memory for installing the Play Market on Honor or another Chinese smartphone. Reboot normally and clear the memory before attempting the installation again. Another way out is to choose the minimum Pico package.
If none of the proposed methods brought a positive result, try looking for an unofficial firmware for your gadget, which already includes Google services. You will have to install it from a computer by connecting the phone with a USB cable and downloading a special application for flashing.
Still have questions? Call or write to the “Good Deeds Service”. we will conduct a remote consultation and tell you how to install Google services on any smartphone or tablet!