Digital IP cameras differ from each other in five main characteristics:
- Camera type. Dome, hull, rotary (PTZ), panoramic.
- Installation site. Desktop (often with the possibility of magnetic attachment to any metal surface), ceiling, wall.
- The presence of moisture protection and anti-vandal protection. Indicated by the appropriate class. Vandal-proof. most often dome cameras.
- Shooting resolution. The number of pixels determines how clear the image will be. When using a face recognition system, there are certain requirements: for a 1.3 MP camera, the face recognition range will be 1-4.4 m, for a 2 MP camera, the range will increase to 6-8 m.
- Overview. He’s the angle of coverage. Standard. with a specific parameter, but there are cameras, the angle of view in which you can change, and with a zoom (approach).
- Light sensitivity. This parameter affects how good the image will be in low light. It depends on the quality of the matrix and its size. The larger the matrix itself, the more light falls on one pixel of the finished
We will divide all decisions by areas of use and analyze where which devices are better placed.
Social button pressed RU “
Odnoklassniki social button pressed RU “
How to choose a camera for a warehouse
- High ceiling
- Lighting: weak
- Humidity: high
- Temperature: unstable
- Big property
If you just need to see the movement of people / equIPment in the warehouse, you can install dome cameras on the ceiling. from a height of 4-5 meters, the coverage of the area will be good, but you will look at what is happening from above.
If you need to see the shelves or connect face recognition, we recommend medium (2MP) and low resolution (1.3MP) cylindrical cameras. They are mounted on a wall or other vertical surface, but not high. so that the face is in the frame, and not the crown. In low light conditions, the situation will be improved by IR illumination.
- The thin-angle Nobelic NBLC-3231F will help you better See narrow aisles between racks, perfect for a small warehouse. For confident face recognition at a distance of up to 3 m, the camera is installed at a height of up to 2.2 m.
- The Nobelic NBLC-B5430F is the choice for large spaces. When installed at a height of up to 2.2 m, confident face identification within a radius of up to 6 m is possible.If you do not need face recognition in a warehouse, you can install it higher.
- Medium ceiling
- Lighting: good
- Humidity: moderate
- Temperature: stable
- Big property
It is best to install dome-type cameras in the sales area. This is the most popular type of body, most often the protective dome is protected by tint so that it is not visible where the lens is directed.
The sales area includes three parts of the premises, in which the functions of the surveillance system are different.
- The Nobelic NBLC-2230V-SD has a varifocal lens, which means you can adjust the angle of view and zoom. Medium matrix resolution and low price.
- Hikvision DS-2CD2743G0-IZS has a modern matrix with good light sensitivity and high resolution of 4 MP. Its feature is a motorized lens, that is, the angle of view and the zoom can be adjusted remotely.
- Nobelic NBLC-3231F low-cost, medium-resolution, small-angle camera.
- The Nobelic NBLC-3261Z-SD has a medium resolution and motorized lens. It will allow you to better consider some of the actions of the cashier and customers at the checkout, if necessary.
Remember the installation rules: from 1.8 to 2.2 m the height of the camera from the floor, the tilt angle is not less than 75 ° and NOT more than 105 ° from the vertical position. It is advisable to use cameras with 2 MP resolution at a distance of up to 4 m, you can put 1.3 MP.
- Ivideon Counter 3D is a special counter of attendance with two cameras. He knows how to count the number of people who entered and left, does NOT recognize emotions, so he will NOT see the face (“looks” down).
- Nobelic NBLC-2231F-ASD. has a wide viewing angle, medium resolution, which allows identification of people at a distance of up to 6-8 meters in good lighting.
- Nobelic NBLC-2431F-ASD. has a high resolution of the survey, which increases the recognition range by another 2-4 meters [AM20].
- Ceiling low
- Lighting: moderate
- Humidity: low
- Temperature: stable
- Small property
You can simply put any camera in the corridor to identify employees who enter and exit the utility rooms, record the time spent in them, alert about unauthorized access.
If you want to monitor the actions of employees inside the back rooms, choose cameras with a wide viewing angle, so that when installed in the corner of the room, you can cover its entire area.
- Nobelic NBLC-6231F is a low-cost, medium-resolution, backlit, good-angle camera.
- Hikvision DS-2CD2743G0-IZS. advanced equIPment with the ability to remotely change the angle of view and zoom. High definition recording.
Choosing the best model for installation
Installing a camera is, first of all, choosing the optimal model for a particular object. All devices of this type are classified according to several criteria.
1. By the type of rotary mechanism: rotary, stationary and high-speed dome surveillance cameras. Stationary devices are fixed motionless during installation. Rotary models carry out fixation, quickly changing the observation area and displaying changing images on the observation monitor. Pivoting movement in high-speed cameras is a view up to 180 degrees per second horizontally and 300 degrees in a vertical plane.
2. By manufacturer. When installing dome surveillance cameras, it must be borne in mind that each manufacturer offers its own protocol for controlling the device.
3. By chromaticity. Black and white models with good resolution are often used when creating budget surveillance systems for small objects. Colored samples are widely used for security in control and monitoring systems.
4. At the installation site: outdoor and indoor dome cameras. Outdoor models are resistant to temperature changes, protected from precIPitation, have a powerful pixel range, and so on. For installation inside a small room, it is better to choose a compact model.
How to Install Dome Cameras Correctly
It is difficult to overestimate the effectiveness of dome surveillance cameras in a 24-hour security system. Such installation of surveillance takes place in banks, supermarkets, casinos, offices, hospitals, that is, in facilities where there are many viewing areas and high demands are made on the quality of the resulting image. In addition, such surveillance cameras (dome surveillance cameras) are distinguished by their original design, reliability, ease of installation and configuration.
Correct installation is the key to efficient operation of dome cameras
The productivity of THESE devices depends not only on the quality indicators, but also on the correct placement. Rule of thumb: Dome surveillance cameras should include all areas where major traffic or illegal actions may occur. There are no restrictions, as well as strict rules for device placement. It all depends on the specific situation. Experience shows that wireless dome cameras are most effective if the largest number of corridors and passages falls into their viewing area, and on the street. exits from the protected area. In this case, it is necessary to take into account the following nuances:
- – The technical characteristics of the selected camera model must meet the requirements for indoor or outdoor installation;
- – installation and maintenance of dome surveillance cameras can only be performed by specialists;
- – when placing the device, make sure that the view is NOT interfered with by foreign objects (for example, architectural details of a building), and the surface to which the camera is attached is sufficiently strong;
- – Dome surveillance cameras should NOT be exposed to direct light beams or glare of reflective objects, this noticeably degrades the quality characteristics of the image;
- – flawless operation of the device will be ensured only by a high-quality power supply;
- – if you plan to install dome surveillance cameras in dark places, it is better to choose models with IR illumination;
- – a popular option for 24/7 operation. day-night models, which turn into black-and-white mode at nightfall;
- – outdoors, it is better to use anti-vandal outdoor surveillance cameras, in any case, you need to make every effort to protect dome surveillance cameras (reinforce them with an alarm system when an attempt is made to approach a dangerous foreign object, etc.).
Indoor dome installation
Indoors, these devices can be mounted on walls and other surfaces, such as a suspended ceiling. In the first case, you will need special brackets. Before installing the equIPment, install power lines, control lines, etc. Ensuring their exit to the outside through the drilled hole. During installation, they are connected to the camera, then the dome is securely fixed using fasteners.
When installing the dome surveillance cameras in the form of a suspension, first the flange is screwed to the ceiling, and the cables are pulled into the casing through the bracket. After connecting the lines. Power and control cables are laid in a pIPe or cable duct. Particular attention must be paid to the correct electrical connection. If you connect it to line or control, the camera will be damaged.
How to install a surveillance camera correctly?
Before properly installing a surveillance camera, it is necessary to study a large amount of information that determines the basic technical requirements for the installation and allows you to connect equIPment for smooth or wired operation. Answering the question of how to properly install surveillance cameras, it is necessary to consider several key mistakes that can be made during self-installation.
The first one. This is an incorrect installation of the surveillance device itself, which does not allow it to work stably and transmit a high-quality image to the server.
The second is to determine the location where the cameras are installed, it should provide an optimal overview and quality of shooting.
However, advice on how to correctly install surveillance cameras may not always help in the correct operation of the monitoring system. This may be due to the fact that the cameras themselves or accessories may be of poor quality and DO NOT allow you to transmit the desired signal at the speed and quality that is required.
How to install a surveillance system correctly?
Before answering the question of which observation to choose, how to install it correctly and ensure stable operation, it is necessary to answer several questions:
- The camera, what kind of sensitivity you choose, because simple models do not provide high quality shooting, so they can be installed only in places where there is good stable lighting;
- The choice of permission will play a key role in the case of identifying a person who entered an office space, apartment or house;
- Before installing it for a surveillance camera, it is necessary to determine the viewing angles in order for the shooting to be really high-quality and effective;
- Also, before installing a surveillance camera, it is necessary to study all its additional capabilities, as well as power supply methods and data transmission channels (wired, wireless).
How to properly set up surveillance in different rooms and on the street
There are several major mistakes that are made when installing fixing devices:
- Incorrectly selected form maker and camera type Not only attract special attention, but can also spoil the appearance of the facade or the interior of the room;
- Choosing the wrong location can significantly narrow the field of view and reduce equIPment use to near zero;
- Correctly placed device is out of reach.
How to install a surveillance camera on a computer?
To synchronize the device with a computer, special programs are used, which allow you to view the recordings online, correct and save the previously recorded, and also change the device settings. You can connect a camera or the entire surveillance system to a computer via a local wired, wireless network or the Internet. Before you install the surveillance camera on your computer for viewing yourself, you need to make sure that the software is compatible with your operating system. Also, when connecting the simplest camera, you can free up from 150 to 500 gigabytes of space that can accommodate records no more than 2 weeks ago. If you need to save a large amount of data, it is recommended to use a cloud storage or a registrar. Answering the question of how to properly configure a surveillance camera, you need to focus on the following nuances:
- Whether the fixation will be carried out continuously or by motion;
- Are there special shooting conditions, for example, shooting at night or in bad weather conditions;
- Whether hidden shooting will be carried out or the design of the camera does not require masking;
- The type of surveillance and the software that will be used is also important for a correct installation.
For the stable operation of the surveillance system, several rules must be observed:
- Compliance with the instructions for installing and configuring the device and its synchronization with service equIPment;
- Use only in those conditions that predict the technical characteristics of the camera, for example, if it does not have a night tracking system, then it is inappropriate to use it at night;
- The combination of autonomous power supply and wireless connection methods will allow eliminating the complete disconnection of cameras from the network and maintaining observations even in the event of voltage surges;
- To save the data, you must use a recorder or a computer with sufficient free space;
Installation and configuration of cameras
During the installation of the entire surveillance system, you will also need a router. And here you cannot do without specially GoPro-software. It must be installed on a computer, which plays an important role in the surveillance system. This software is included in the package. When installing and running this program, you will need to configure the camera, and this must be done correctly.
If there is a need to install several surveillance cameras, you will need to work hard, since this business does not require a rush, and everything must be done carefully and patiently, that is, all Customizable operations for each camera will have to be carried out several times. All these actions are necessary in order to group several pictures into a single big picture (like puzzles). In this setting, a portable monitor or even a small LCD TV with a low frequency input can be a constant assistant. To use these portable monitors, you will need a BNC-RG6 cable as well as the connector used by your monitor. Convenience is that you are NOT running back and forth and you can safely, “without leaving the checkout”, competently adjust everything you need (sharpness, viewing angle, etc.)
But what if the surveillance system is already mounted and the image can only be viewed on the main monitors? How to set up cameras without running around? Here you cannot do without an assistant. Let him sit in the monitor with the recorder, and you. in the cameras, negotiations can be conducted via mobile communication. This duo adjustment will help you tune the cameras the way you want.
And now the cameras are set up. However, this is not all. Registrar setup required. How to do it? First, you need to install memory (hard drives or SSD).
Then you can proceed to the basic setup. Registrars in themselves are no different from each other, no matter how sophisticated they are. But this only applies to the menu. Therefore, using a simple model as an example, it will not be difficult to explain how this adjustment occurs. We will do this using a PC. In this case, the computer can be considered a rather convenient device that is used to control the entire system. As usual, when entering the main menu, you will have to enter your username and password (this data is provided in the product documents). Once you have entered the menu, you will see that it has six sections. It will be appropriate to consider them.
The “Search” option will help you go to the archive, where you will find and be able to view thes you are interested in. Just enter the date, time and camera that filmed the scene you want. Using the “configuration” tab, you can manage the entire surveillance system. But the “control” is intended, respectively, to manage the memory of the recorder.
With the “setup” option you can set the PTZ cameras and monitor display. The “system” function is designed to track all actions in the system itself. The most important section is considered “auto function”, it contributes to the necessary reboot of the recorder device. This is necessary for its normal functioning.
And now the hour has come when it is logical to switch to the product of our modern era. IP cameras.
All digital equIPment is convenient to use, informative and multifunctional.
Camera selection according to the required parameters
Next, you need to decide on the viewing angle of each camera. If the angle is large, then the number of objects that fall into the field of view will also be considerable. With one caveat: small details will either be poorly visible or not visible at all. Accordingly, if the viewing angle is small, then small details will be clearly visible, but the observed area as a whole will not be so clearly visible. Everything, of course, depends on the goals that you are pursuing by installing such equIPment.
Now let’s talk a little about the cables that we need when installing the surveillance system.
DIY installation of surveillance cameras
- 1 Which system to choose
- 2 Selection of the camera according to the required parameters
- 3 Cable selection
- 4 Camera types
- 5 Conditions for mounting cameras
- 6 Installation and setup of cameras
- 7 Features of installing IP cameras
Today you can see that surveillance cameras are being installed in the busiest places in cities. Approaching a private house or even the door of an apartment, you also notice that you are under the gun’s sight. For the owner of a house or apartment, you are, in essence, at a glance.
Thief captured by surveillance cameras
If there is a complex crime situation where you live, then, most likely, you also want to be aware of what is happening behind the threshold of your house. In other words, you no longer feel safe without surveillance systems. Your desire is quite understandable, because many are striving to Get a complete picture of everything GoPro going on behind a door or a fence. You can be on the alert thanks to the installed camera. This will help to detect potential danger in time and react accordingly, and did not allow the attacker to act with impunity, so in this article we will tell you how the installation of surveillance cameras can be done with your own hands.
Cameras can be both indoor and outdoor. It is clear that equIPment that is used for outdoor surveillance must be “resistant” to sudden changes in temperature, as well as have a strong case in case of falling into it of various objects, such as ice or even stones. Better to get an IR illuminated camera. But this is in the event that observation is carried out around the clock and there is not enough electric lighting. In this case, the IR illumination on the camera is relevant. Also, the cameras themselves differ in the shape of the body.
- Dome cameras are most commonly used indoors and are mounted to the ceiling.
- Cylinder chambers have fasteners that allow equIPment to be mounted both on a vertical and horizontal surface.
- Housing cameras are only installed indoors. The absence of a lens does NOT interfere with this equIPment in any way to shoot a high-quality picture.
- Modular devices are characterized by the fact that they have no housing at all. Thus, these cameras are used as covert surveillance.
- And finally, a PTZ camera is considered to be the record holder in value. It is understandable, because the ability to rotate around its axis (360 º) is not inherent in all analogs.
Varifocal surveillance camera
As for the “eye” of the camera itself, it can also be different. There are varifocal lenses. This is when the focus can be changed manually, according to the princIPle of “closer-further”. And there are lenses with a fixed focus, i.e. it will not be possible to zoom in or out.
If you had to install the surveillance equIPment yourself, be sure to pay attention to the power supply of the camera itself, as well as the current it consumes. What is it for? To choose exactly the power supply unit, which is required.
Power supply for surveillance camera 12W, 12V 1A
Further, it is logical to draw your attention to the device, without which the entire surveillance system will be “brainless”. This is the registrar. When purchasing this device, be sure to check how many audio and inputs it has. There are 16-channel recorders, i.e. 16 cameras can be connected. If you need to connect more, then this problem can be solved using the network, when two or more registrars are connected. You can also use a capture card (there are cards for 32 channels).
You also need to know how much memory you can use in the recorder. You need to think about how many days a recording archive can be stored with such a volume, if on average the camera consumes 300 GB of hard disk for continuous recording for a day. It is necessary to clarify what is the recording rate per channel and how much memory the frame itself takes.
Hard drive for recorders 1 TB
If you take an analog system, then you need to use different cables. It all depends on where they will be laid: outside or inside the premises.
- Power cable. This cable is designed to power cameras, which are located at a distance of no more than 110 meters from the recorder. Since the supply voltage is 12 V, a normal copper stranded cable is fine. Its cross-section does not have to exceed 0.5 mm 2 But what if the distance of the cameras exceeds 110 m? It’s not scary. But in this case, the cross-section of the supply cable must be at least 0.75 mm. Please note that the power supply should be placed as close to the camera as possible.
- Twisted pair. This is a “long-range” cable, ie. Possesses the ability to transmit a signal over Vast distances. It will be very good if you use it in tandem with active transmitters. Otherwise, there is no point in using it at all.
- Coaxial cable. This type of cable has a central copper core and is used as a connecting link between the camera and the recorder. It is through it that the signal is transmitted to the recorder. The used diameter is 5 mm. No more.
- Combo cable. It is used mainly for one camera installed for monitoring in an apartment.
Features of installing IP cameras
There are many advantages to a digital surveillance system for a home or second facility. First of all, this is the ability to easily install and connect digital equIPment with your own hands. The installation of equIPment itself will be associated with:
- Purchase of the necessary equIPment and all related devices (IP-cameras, monitor, IP-recorder, power supply and connecting cables)
- Installation of cameras;
- Laying cables;
- Installing the registrar;
- System setup.
You can install a wireless system, no matter what kind of surveillance will be. indoor or outdoor. Accordingly, you will need a wireless camera and a router (wi-fi router), the function of which is to broadcast the image to a computer monitor or even your gadget. Of course, in this case, you will need to solve two problems: firstly, we will get IP addresses, and secondly, correctly configure the equIPment. To help you there will be an application instruction or a manual on the Internet.
As previously noted, the choice of the camera itself depends on the functions that it can do. Output digital devices give a very high quality picture. When faced with a choice of which device to take, always consider its ability in color rendering, resolution, focal length, angle of view, IR illumination, etc.
It is worth saying a few words about the “brain” of this entire surveillance system, the same is invariably the recorder, but only with the prefix “IP”
When you purchasing it, be sure to consider the following:
- Channel (preferably 4-channel or more)
- Built-in memory (500 MB or more)
- The speed at which the recording is made;
- Are there motion sensors available;
- Is there a function that allows you to access materials via the Internet;
- Ability to view materials online.
For a complete set, you also need a monitor, as well as a keyboard that can be connected to the recorder. But connecting the keyboard itself is not a mandatory requirement, but rather, for the convenience of work.
To set up IP surveillance on your own, you can use several types of software: firstly, there are programs that are specially designed for specific models of recorders. Such software helps to configure the data transmission system, their recording, as well as archiving. This software is provided by the developers free of charge. Secondly, there is another software, also free, but it has a number of additional paid functions, for example, it is access to remote developer archives. And, thirdly, there is already paid software that can manage powerful surveillance systems. But at the philistine level there is no point in using them.
So, we have considered different surveillance systems, which you can assemble yourself. The main thing is that he will be able to select high-quality equIPment, and then correctly and competently carry out its installation.
Now you can relax
We hope that the tIPs that you read in this article will help you to significantly improve your level of knowledge in the selection, installation and configuration of a surveillance system. Of course, there are different goals that you are pursuing in relation to personal safety. But the main thing is, no matter how much effort, time and money it costs, your safety and the safety of your loved ones are worth it.
Which system to choose
Analog surveillance system
Modern surveillance systems are divided into analog and digital. It is generally accepted that the analog method is yesterday. But this is a misconception. What method of observation should you use? How do they differ from each other? It all depends on what functions are assigned to the entire surveillance system. For example, analog systems can be installed in facilities with a small area, rather than requiring 24/7 monitoring. Such surveillance is most often used in cafes, offices, parking lots, houses, apartments, etc.
Digital surveillance system
The surveillance system consists of the following basic elements:
- Recorder (processing device).
The camera is reading the information. Then the resulting image goes through the cable to the recorder, where the signal is processed, and only after that you see the real picture of what is happening on the monitor. The recorder itself records the processed image on the built-in memory. Later, if necessary, you can view this entry.
So, before picking up a drill, it is worth developing a plan, that is, determining in advance how many cameras you need. Then you need to schematically depict their location, as well as the places where you will carry out the laying of wires from the recorder to the cameras.
Sealed metal hose in PVC insulation with a broach
When laying the wires, it is important to consider where the voltage cables already in use are laid. Do not allow installation in the vicinity of THESE cables. Otherwise, you will get a noisy image. It is necessary to lead the wires at a distance of at least 1 meter from the existing electrical wiring. If this is NOT possible, then the wire is laid in a metal hose, followed by the grounding of the last.
Conditions for mounting cameras
Installation of a surveillance camera
First of all, you need to prepare positions for the cameras, and only then install the devices themselves on them. After securing them, you can start connecting the network cables and power wires. If you decide that you can do everything yourself, then it is important to consider the following:
Take a look. Which describes how to set up a surveillance system: