How to organize observation yourself
Despite the apparent complexity, the installation of surveillance is a fairly simple process from a technical point of view. Before starting installation, experts recommend considering the following points:
- Consider which areas of the house should be monitored. It can be both internal premises and areas of the adjacent territory: courtyard, entrance and others.
- Think over the required number of cameras, and their subsequent placement in and around the house.
- Decide on the image quality. The ability to distinguish the details of objects in the frame is influenced by: the type of camera (analog, AHD, digital) and its shooting resolution, recording resolution of the recorder, camera angle of view, recording rate (frame rate).
- Take into account the time of day at which the observation will be carried out. For night shooting, it is necessary to select the appropriate outdoor surveillance systems, the cameras of which must have built-in IR illumination. And to obtain a high-quality image in the dark at long distances (more than 20-30 m from the camera), it will be necessary to organize lighting on the object, which is activated, for example, by a motion detector.
- Measure the distance from the place of installation of cameras in recording devices (recorders). At the same time, it is important to take into account bends, height differences, etc., because the cable will not be laid in a straight line.
Consider the typical mistakes when installing surveillance in a private house:
- Incorrect signal transmission and power calculations. It is important to correctly measure the distances from cameras to the recorder. And depending on the results obtained, choose one or another type of cable, while NOT exceeding the maximum allowable transmission distances (it is necessary to specify for each camera and cable model). With correct calculations, the image will be transmitted clearly, quickly and without interference.
- Lack of power for the camera. This factor affects the stable operation of cameras and image quality (especially at night). over, choosing the wrong power source can ruin the camera. Separate power supplies are usually used to power the camera and recorder.
- Choosing a way to store information. The more you need to store, the more the hard disk capacity needs to be.
For example, at a frame rate of 25 frames. / FROM ( alive) from 4 cameras on 500-700 TVL for 7 days with continuous recording, about 600-650 GB of information will be captured. Modern hard drives with 1000, 2000 and 3000 GB of memory can easily save. Filmed in 10-30 days or more.
The listed factors are of utmost importance, since the wrong choice of components of the surveillance system, their number, as well as an illiterate setting will not be able to provide the desired result. To ensure reliable surveillance, it is better to use off-the-shelf surveillance systems.
DIY supervision for a private house: how to do it right
Surveillance is ideal for those who want to reliably protect a private house or cottage. Various surveillance systems allow individual approach to the issue of editing, shooting process and transfer for recording. In this article, we will talk about how best to organize surveillance in a private house with your own hands, and what you need to do for this.
Popular ways to organize surveillance in a private house
The most common surveillance systems are divided into several types:
- Surveillance systems with analog or AHD cameras. this is the best option for those who, first of all, are interested in the very presence of observation in order to understand what is happening at the shooting object. The image clarity and picture quality in analog or AHD cameras is usually lower than that of digital cameras, but this is compensated by the lower cost (about 2-5 times cheaper).
Such systems can be installed and configured by an ordinary owner of a private house, since the scheme of their construction is extremely simple and resembles a designer (cameras. cords. Recorder).
- Digital IP and HD-SDI systems. When using equIPment from well-known manufacturers (not Unnamed fakes), the image quality is better than that of systems with analog or AHD cameras, but the costs are significantly higher.
The scheme for constructing digital HD-SDI systems is simple (the same as in analog or AHD) and can be done by hand.
Digital IP systems are used when you need to create a complex scalable surveillance system, often with a complex and extensive communication system. The installation and configuration of such systems will be properly entrusted to professionals.
Ready-made surveillance systems
Complete surveillance systems consist of three main components:
- Recorder (a recorder with a hard disk inside to work with it)
- Cameras (they can be used outdoors and indoors, differ in type, resolution, viewing angle, presence or absence of built-in night illumination diodes)
- Cords for connecting cameras to the recorder (usually ready-made cords are offered already with connectors and a fixed length).
To work with the system at the place of its installation, they usually use a monitor or TV connected to a recorder. The recorder has its own Russian-language menu, using which you can view the current or archived. And also make settings. A regular USB mouse is used for control.
To work with the surveillance system via the web, a laptop (software is not required, ordinary browsers are used), a smartphone or tablet (you must download a free application to work with the system).
The final cost of ready-made systems depends on the type of equIPment, on the number and parameters of cameras, as well as on the number of inputs on the recorder. Ready-made systems are easy to install and do NOT require professional installation skills from the user.
Advantages of ready-made surveillance systems:
- Hardware compatibility guarantee.
- Easy to install. everything you need is included.
- The convenience of use.
Ready-made surveillance systems are easy to install and use, and components are selected by experienced professionals to ensure full compatibility and efficient operation of the surveillance system over a long period of time.
we configure the equIPment
The final stage of the installation and connection of the surveillance system for a private house is setting up the equIPment. You can talk for a very long time in fine tuning the equIPment, here we will focus only on what stages it consists of.
So, the standard equIPment setup scheme includes the following:
- Setting the time and date on each of the devices. To do this, in the system settings, you need to select the date and time for each camera. To exclude the display of the wrong time, you need the time zone on the router to match the settings of the network devices.
- Formatting drives for storing information. Formatting hard drives for surveillance systems can be done using the web interface, using the recorder itself, using the IVMS program.
- Setting up cameras. Setting up recording devices consists in adjusting the tilt and swivel angle so that the maximum coverage of the field of view.
- Recording setup. Typically, the recording settings are done in the DVR client application. This program allows you to control a large number of cameras from one PC, and its interface is easy to understand each.
- Setting up remote access to cameras. Can be carried out using cloud surveillance services or by entering the IP address into the browser search bar.
Having completed all these settings, we can assume that you have successfully coped with the arrangement of observation.
Digital IP cameras are self-contained devices. And to record what is happening on the media, some models can do even without a recorder. Digital devices have a number of advantages that distinguish them favorably against the background of analog models.
We list the most significant of them:
- High resolution of the broadcast picture (up to 8 Mp) and the ability to scale.
- Information is recorded through the Cloud Service. To configure the system, you only need to download and install the program.
- The ability to wirelessly connect equIPment allows you to view the image from anywhere in the world.
Of course, IP devices are NOT devoid of disadvantages, the main of which is their cost. Another significant disadvantage is the incompatibility of cameras and recorders from different manufacturers.
Do-it-yourself supervision for a private house: designing installation rules
If you are the owner of a private house, then you have probably repeatedly thought about how to protect it from intruders. Is not it? One of the most affordable ways is to install surveillance on the territory.
You can entrust everything to a security organization, but this is a more expensive option. It is much cheaper to set up surveillance for a private house with your own hands. We will tell you how to properly design such a system and help you choose the right cameras. In the article you will find step-by-step instructions for installation.
determine the number of observation zones
In order to determine the number of observation zones, it is worth finding out what this concept means. In this case, the surveillance area means a part of the territory covered by the camera.
In addition, the zone can be monitored by one or several cameras, and this issue needs to be decided even before the start of installation work. If there is a desire see all, then it is worth noting that this will be a rather expensive option, in many cases completely unreasonable.
Mandatory places for installing cameras are:
- Entrance to the house;
- Entrance to the garage;
- Wicket and central gate;
- Places where it is easiest for alLGoPro to enter the territory of the site;
- Places where equIPment is stored;
- Entrances to all buildings available on the site.
To make it easier to navigate, you can use the site plan. This will make it much clearer which areas should be monitored.
Surveillance design steps
Organizing observation on the site with your own hands is not an easy task, but it is quite real. Of course, you have to tinker a little, but advice on the safety of material values and the safety of households is worth doing.
Standard observation methods
The main components of a surveillance system are cameras. Their selection should be given special attention. Expensive systems are usually more difficult to install. Cheap, outdated models will produce blurry images.
For monitoring the perimeter of a private household, the number of cameras can vary from 8 to 16 pieces. There are two main types of cameras. IP and analog, below we will tell you more about them.
Below are several options for the location of surveillance cameras:
choosing places for installing cameras
By equIPping the surveillance system, the owners of private houses can limit themselves to installing cameras only on the site, but on condition that they cover all places of possible encounter.
The number of devices is calculated solely from your own needs. If you need to conduct surveillance around the perimeter, then it is enough to install cameras in the corners of the house. And for a general overview of the site, a camera on one of the pillars will be enough.
As a rule, cameras with a small viewing angle are used for monitoring the perimeter of the site. They need to be installed on special supports or poles available on the site. It is also important to take into account the presence of objects that can block the camera’s view area (buildings, trees, pillars).
Front cameras with good resolution are most often installed to monitor the entrances. For example, a peephole camera can be installed for the front door, and when entering the site, monitoring is carried out using an intercom.
In addition, cameras should be placed on the site in such a way as to avoid deliberately damaging the device. Also, the equIPment must be well protected from adverse environmental influences.
Be sure to provide a night view function in the selected model. So, contrary to popular belief, the infrared illumination of the device often cannot provide sufficient lighting for shooting.
When installing cameras, it is worth considering that they must not only provide an overview of the protected area, but also be invisible to intruders. In addition, monitoring devices must be installed in such a way that, in the event of a breakdown, they can be easily reached.
To connect analog models, you need a coaxial cable with a connector tulIP:
- Red wire. for power connection;
- White and yellow wires. for receiving signal.
Digital cameras are connected using a twisted pair cable, two RG-45 connectors and a power cable.
As practice shows, for mounting cameras on the street, you should not use the fasteners that come with the cameras. often, they are completely unsuitable for this purpose.
It is best to select reliable fasteners separately to avoid camera vibration or dropping, for example, from strong winds. For safety reasons, experts recommend NOT to mount cameras on metal mounts. In the event of a Thunderstorm, the device can turn into a kind of Lightning Rod.
It is a device that you can connect to a computer or TV and see an image. Processing information from such cameras and recording it on a carrier requires preliminary conversion into digital form.
A recorder is used for this purpose, so in practice it makes no sense to use an analog camera without a recorder. It used to be that analog devices broadcast extremely low quality images.
Indeed, the previously released PAL (720 × 576), corresponded to 0.4 Mp. certainly not enough to get a high-quality picture.
Now there are devices with a resolution of up to 2 megapixels, broadcasting a color image. A coaxial cable is used for signal transmission in analog cameras. When installing modern AHD equIPment, it is worth remembering that the cable length should not exceed 500 meters. compliance with this condition will help to avoid loss of image quality.
The price range of analog surveillance systems is much lower than that of IP systems. Another plus is the ease of installation and configuration of equIPment. Among the shortcomings, we note the NOT too impressive functionality of the devices and their incompatibility with old equIPment.
Dust and moisture protection
The level of moisture and dust protection is indicated by a number after the corresponding class designation ( IP). Most popular options:
- IP66. devices that are completely protected from penetration of dust particles, as well as from the effects of strong jets of water and sea waves;
- IP67. the camera is completely protected from ingress of dust and can be completely submerged under water for a short period of time without any disruption.
This indicator is measured in lux (lx). If the shooting is to be carried out in the evening and at night, it is advisable to purchase devices with a photosensitivity higher than 0.01 lux (for night) or 1 lux (for twilight). It can also be increased if necessary by installing microlenses. This will improve the image capture quality. That is, the higher the light sensitivity, the better, especially when it comes to round-the-clock fixation.
How to connect to a computer
The computer monitor can be connected directly to the recorder according to the diagram below. If a capture card is used as a data archiver, then it is connected to the PC motherboard via PCI.
Next, the software is installed on a PC, which comes complete with a registration device. When the whole system is completely connected and software is installed, proceed to setting the angle of view of the cameras. This requires two: one person is directly next to the device to carry out the adjustment, and the other coordinates its actions Based on the information displayed by the monitor.
How to choose a surveillance camera
There are several parameters to consider when choosing a camera:
- Infrared illumination;
- Body and viewing angle;
- The level of moisture and dust protection.
An expensive eminent model is not always better than a cheaper analogue.
Body and viewing angle
For outdoor surveillance, cameras in a sealed case are better suited. They are usually installed in a protective thermal casing, which has a built-in heating system, which is very useful in the cold season.
If the room in which the camera is installed or the climatic conditions of your region are characterized by a high level of humidity, then the case of the device must be waterproof. There are also cameras in anti-vandal housings. They are necessary in case there is a high probability of damage to them.
The angle of view indicates the area that will be covered by the camera. If it is small, then the focus will be maximum, that is, you will be able to examine in detail the subjects that approach or penetrate your property. But, alas, you will NOT be able to cover a large area for observation.
To monitor a building or other objects located at a distance of up to 40 m from the camera, give preference to a device with a viewing angle less than 45. For more extensive shooting Purchase devices with a field of view over 90. There are also models in which the angle of view is adjustable, but their cost is almost twice the cost of options with a fixed angle.
IR illumination is a set of infrared diodes or collimators, which are located along the perimeter of the lens. Their light is invisible to the human eye. The operating range can vary from 5 to 100 m.
Models with IR illumination are needed for those who plan to carry out surveillance mainly in the evening and at night. By the way, they must have the Smart-IR function to adjust the radiation intensity in order to prevent damage to the material (filled parts of the image with white, in which the rest of the parts become invisibly dark).
All about the selection and installation of surveillance cameras in a private house
Recently, the most reliable means of protecting a house is considered to be security. This is not the cheapest and easiest method to install, but the most effective. Even a dummy is able to protect a home from a visit from ill-wishers. There are a wide variety of surveillance camera models on the market. Let’s figure out which is the most acceptable for a private house and how to install it yourself.
How to arrange surveillance cameras in a private house: layout
Before buying all the necessary equIPment, you will have to draw up a plan for your site, as well as mark the areas on it that require increased control. It is necessary to cover all possible ways of intruders entering the house or yard. Based on this, the location of a certain number of cameras is marked on the plan.
Remember that when planning the location of the imaging devices, you need to give them room to see. No objects, including plants, and should not obstruct them, otherwise the protection will not be effective at all. Consider the viewing angle of the device. So, for example, cameras with a low angle can be positioned in front of a wicket, entrance or garage door.
In this case, the recorder, which records data from the cameras, should be stored in a place with limited access so that outsiders could not interfere with its smooth operation. The correct plan will help determine Not only the number of cameras, but also the length of the cable required to connect the entire system. Alternatively, you can install wireless cameras to completely simplify calculations.
How to connect DIY surveillance
Install surveillance in a private house
In this article, we will tell you how to properly install a surveillance system in a private house. What to pay attention to when choosing equIPment, what characteristics are considered priority for solving this problem.
How to choose a surveillance system?
Most often, the purchase, installation and configuration of surveillance systems is carried out by specialists. But if the owner of the house buys tracking devices on his own, he should pay attention to the following points:
- It is recommended to monitor housing not only outside, but also inside the premises, for this it is better to purchase models of surveillance cameras, which can be installed both inside and outside;
- Before purchasing, you need to calculate where the surveillance cameras will be located, what should be their viewing angle. The main rule in this matter is no blind spots! If you doubt the correctness of the choice of places, we recommend that you contact the professionals.
- Don’t forget about IR illumination. Home surveillance involves 24/7 surveillance.
- If a surveillance system is purchased for a cottage, or a country house where residents may be absent for a long time, we recommend Pay attention to the recorders that have recording settings: by motion, by schedule, when crossing the control line, etc.
How to install surveillance cameras in a private house
The system selection aLGorithm is as follows:
- Determination of the functions that the system should perform;
- Select a specific type of observation
- Analogue (TVI or CVI) or digital (IP)
- Indicate technical features.
As for the definition of functions, everything is clear here. Each owner independently determines what he needs a surveillance system for: perimeter monitoring, control of the local area, protective function, etc. Therefore, let’s go straight to the second step.
Moving on to technical features.
1.Camera resolution, measured in megapixels (MPC). It is determined by the number of active sensor pixels placed on the matrix. Contrary to popular belief, it is not the number of megapixels that determines the image quality, although to a certain extent this is the case with the matrix manufacturing technology, the quality of the sensor materials and many other technological features. 2. Matrix type. The latest generation CMOS touch panels are NOT inferior to a CCD matrix, in any case, NOT an expert in special equIPment will NOT see the difference, but the savings effect will be clearly noticeable when creating an observation system with your own hands. 3. The size of the matrix diagonally, measured in fractions of an inch: ½ (12.7 mm), ⅓ (8.47 mm), or ¼ (6.35mm), etc. It would seem that the larger the area of the matrix, the more sensor elements it can fit. this is so. However, this rule does not work in budget models that do not have high-quality high-aperture lenses. For example, in matrix 5 MPC only its central area will be involved, giving only 2.1 MPC at the output, that is, Full HD format. no more, no less. This once again confirms the fact that parameters such as the size and resolution of the matrix should be considered only in conjunction with other characteristics of the camera, primarily with the type and functionality of the lens.
As you understand, this is not all that needs to be considered when choosing surveillance systems. That is why. Relying on our experience and professionalism, we can easily help you install a surveillance system in a private house.
Where is the recording stored ?
Recording from surveillance cameras is carried out on a recorder in the house, with a data volume of 2TB. In the motion recording mode, the proposed security system of 6 surveillance cameras for a private house can store at least 1 month (30 days) records for all six cameras.
Our company can, in a short time, inexpensively establish security surveillance for the house. to review the surrounding area. To install security surveillance in a private house IPTIM uses Hikvision’s Turbo HD cameras with the following characteristics:
- Resolution from HDTV 720p to Full HD 1080p;
- Mode Day Night. With IR illumination at night up to 20 meters;
- Fixed optics 73⁰ or 46⁰ (optional).
An example of the placement of cameras in a private house for security purposes:
This solution involves the installation of surveillance cameras on the walls of the house in order to inspect the area adjacent to the house, as shown in the diagram. The benefits of this camera arrangement:
- The view of the surveillance cameras includes the walls of the building, door and window openings, the territory of the site, fragments of the fence (fence), partly the carriageway along the fence, wicket, gates, etc.
- Practically available dead zones. Areas that do not fall within the surveillance area of cameras.
- Since the cameras are far from the fence, they are practically inaccessible to the intruder.
- Low cost of work: small total footage of the cable system, there is a need for earthwork, grounding, etc.
Can I write to the Cloud? NO
Recently, thieves have become smarter and more cunning, very often they find a recorder with a recording in the house and simply take it away with them. You can find it pretty quickly by tracing the path of cables from surveillance cameras. This estimate uses Turbo-HD cameras, which cannot transmit data to the Cloud on the Internet. However, the surveillance recorder is small and can be hidden well. Also, the registrar is provided with remote access via the Internet. You will be able to view live and recordings from remote computers, phones, tablets, etc.
How to install surveillance cameras in a private house
Firstly, cases of theft, theft and break-ins have become more frequent lately. And the surveillance system itself is already a deterrent against thieves. According to statistics, in 90% of cases, thieves prefer a neighboring house, without surveillance cameras.
Secondly, modern surveillance systems have high resolution and night shooting, which makes it possible to record events taking place around the clock. And access to these records, as well as to the live. Today it is possible to receive remotely from almost any device. Computer, smartphone, tablet. there is always some device at hand from which you can immediately connect and see who walks in front of the gate, calls the intercom, parked in front of the site, etc. You can also view the records (find out who and when came, how much was, what brought / took out), you can also from any device.
Fourthly, for houses with burglar alarms, there is an additional opportunity to quickly view what is happening in the house if the alarm is triggered. Quite often, burglar alarms give false alarms, the security service arrives at the address, and usually reports to the owner: “No traces of hacking were found. We will break the door and enter, or you will come and open?”. The owner drops everything and goes home urgently to open the door to the security officers. But you could just look at the cameras via the Internet, see in the recording what was at the time of the alarm, which was 5-10 minutes earlier. And NOT to go anywhere.
Access to recordings and live
Access to recordings and live from surveillance cameras in the apartment is possible from the following devices:
- Devices with MS Windows OS (native software)
- Web client on MS Windows devices (IE, Chrome, etc.);
- Mac OS web client (Safari)
- Smartphones Android, iOS, Windows Phone.
Installation of a surveillance system for 6 cameras is carried out by specialists “IPTIM” Full construction, including installation of surveillance system clients on 5-7 Customer’s devices. That is, you get access to live broadcasting and recordings from all surveillance cameras in your apartment from the following devices:
Surveillance in the house and apartment: the main differences
A private house requires special attention in terms of security and protection from intruders. One of the most effective protection methods is to organize surveillance.
At the same time, unlike the surveillance system in an apartment, which usually includes an intercom and a camera at the entrance, surveillance in a private house should cover the entire perimeter of the house and plot.
In order to cover the entire territory and avoid blind spots, a whole complex of cameras will be required. This will allow you to receive the most complete information about what is happening throughout the territory of a private house.
Street surveillance systems: install surveillance cameras in a private house and on second objects
Installation of a surveillance system guarantees the safety of your life 24 hours a day, regardless of where it is used.
Modern surveillance systems from the Security Agency Argument. this is:
- High quality recording and playback of materials;
- The ability to digitally zoom in any frames to study the details of what is happening;
- Permanent access to the archive;
- Instant search for records by time and date;
- The ability to integrate with other security tools to create a single, comprehensive system.
It is possible to establish surveillance in Voronezh at any facility and on any territory that require such security measures.
Why is the security of a private house and the organization of surveillance required
Quite often, human carelessness leads to disastrous results. To organize a security system in their own home, many owners resort to old proven methods: they rely on the vigilance of their neighbors, build a high fence, install bars on windows and an ultra-reliable front door. All these means, of course, provide security, but the level of this very security is quite low.
A surveillance system, on the other hand, is one of the most expensive ways to protect a private home, but also the most effective.
What tasks are solved by modern surveillance systems
The monitoring system installed at the facility allows you to solve a number of extremely fundamental tasks regarding security:
- Recording information, archiving it for subsequent GoProviewing and analysis;
- Organization of round-the-clock control over the object;
- Online monitoring capability for instant response in hazardous situations.
Monitoring can be used as a stand-alone system or as part of integrated security systems. For the protection of large objects, surveillance systems, most often, work in conjunction with security and fire alarms, access control and management systems.
Monitoring of a guarded object. the highest security guarantee
Monitoring systems allow you to guarantee the inviolability of your property and exclude any encroachments by intruders. With an Internet connection, you can check the safety of your property in real time or view the footage if necessary.
Surveillance can be organized at any site: construction site, warehouse, office, summer cottage. Your property will always be under control, because surveillance systems provide double protection: not only a burglary attempt is recorded, but also the appearance of a person trying to enter private territory. Surveillance systems record any movement in the protected area and allow the security service to respond in a timely manner to the actions of intruders.
What is a surveillance system
Such a system is a software and hardware complex consisting of cameras, lenses, monitors, recorders and is designed to organize control at facilities.
Surveillance allows not only to provide the facility with protection from criminal encroachments, but also to establish surveillance of company employees, visitors, that is, to organize control of activities in any room and in any territory.
Installation of surveillance in a private house
As a rule, it is necessary to equIP the interior of the house with surveillance cameras. In most cases, this means the organization of monitoring:
- Site perimeter;
- The perimeter of the house;
- Entrance to the site;
- The entrance to the house.
That is, street surveillance is organized taking into account the required number of observation zones and the degree of image detail.
Using surveillance systems at various sites
The most common places to install controls are:
Recently, surveillance systems are increasingly used not only as a means of protecting commercial premises, but also in relation to residential ones. Such systems are used to equIP apartments, a country cottage, private houses.