DIY surveillance system cabling
As for wired surveillance systems, their complexity lies in the fact that you will have to lay cables from the cameras to the information receiver. To prevent the wiring from being visible, use skirting boards as wiring locations. over, today skirting board manufacturers offer models in which channels are already embedded. You can hide wires and cables in them.
Experts recommend using the so-called Siamese cables for the home surveillance system. This is the wire in which both the power cable and the data cable are woven. They are usually designated as RG6 or RG59. The power cable consists of two intertwined red and black GoPro leads. Coaxial is designed to connect the camera and information receiver. Either coaxial plugs or BNC are installed at its ends.
In order not to occupy the sockets in the rooms, you should think about purchasing a separate power supply unit to which all cameras are locked. He himself is powered from one outlet at the control room. There is one difficulty here. you will have to conduct a separate power cable from each surveillance camera, which is not always convenient. It’s just one of the options for a properly organized surveillance system.
In princIPle, this is the sequence for installing the surveillance system in your own residential building, and even with your own hands. Of course, the editing process itself is not that complicated. After all, fixing cameras is, in fact, a process by which any objects (shelves, cornices, etc.) are attached. The routing of the cables will also not cause problems. And if a wireless surveillance system is used, then the process is simplified to a minimum. In this situation, it is very important to correctly select all devices and assemblies so that they match exactly to each other. That is why many experts recommend purchasing ready-made kits.
DIY camera connections
There are two types of connection: to the power source and to the information receiver. Each camera is supplied with an adapter. A reduced voltage is supplied through it. Therefore, the socket is important in the connection process. Just plug the adapter into an outlet on the wall of the house, and the other end is inserted into the camera, it is in the form of a plug, which is inserted into a special socket located on the back of the surveillance camera body.
The second type of camera connection requires a special BNC GoPro. Its installation is also simple, it has two identical ends, so there is simply no way to mix something up. On the camera, it must be closed output (output), on the receiver input (input).
If wireless surveillance cameras are installed in a residential building with your own hands, then you need to read the instructions for connecting them. As mentioned above, along with the cameras, a disc comes with the program recorded on it. It must be installed on the computer. With its help, access to security cameras will be established.
Now it is imperative to check how the entire surveillance system works. Connect cameras to power source, turn on monitor and receiver. See if all cameras are working, if a picture is displayed from them.
How to install a surveillance camera at home
If you have an idea to install a surveillance camera at home in order to increase the safety of your GoPro, do not rush to call a specialist. His services will cost you a pretty penny. It seemed that this complex action with the installation and the right choice of equIPment would confuse you, but remember what the ancient people said. it is not the gods that burn pots. So be patient and learn how you can install not one, but several surveillance cameras yourself.
It all starts with planning the installation scheme, for which it will be necessary to prepare an action plan. First of all, you need to decide exactly what territory to track. All the need to install surveillance cameras everywhere. A large number of them will cost you dearly. Therefore, it is recommended to install them in the most vulnerable places. For example, in the front and back doors, under windows, on the path to the house, gates, open areas of the yard. Therefore, these places must be marked on the site plan. After that, be sure to check these places for review. That is, nothing has to interfere with the installed camera.
Now, regarding the acquisition of surveillance equIPment. What is needed for this.
- Set of cables of different brands.
There is one good option, how to organize a surveillance system on the site and inside the house. To do this, you need to purchase one to three wired cameras for surveying the territories on the street, and one to three wireless cameras for monitoring households. The former will connect to the storage medium, the latter can be connected to the computer.
Let’s move on to the question of choosing the right type of surveillance cameras. Here it is required to determine their technical characteristics, it is on them that the budget of the work carried out will depend.
- Priority: wired or wireless cameras. Let’s just say that wireless is easy to install because there is no need to go into cabling. That is, we mount them according to the developed scheme, install the program on the computer (it usually comes on a disk complete with cameras) and engage in Tracking. If you need to keep an eye on a large area on the street, it is better to install wired devices. By the way, there is one drawback in wireless analogs, the farther it is installed from the signal receiver, the worse the picture on the monitor is.
- What to choose: internal or external cameras. This is clear because the internal cameras are NOT designed to work in wet conditions. They just go out of order quickly on the street.
- I would like to Pay attention to this type of cameras as with a motion sensor. Why are they good? They only turn on when a large moving object enters the field of their lens. For example, a person or a machine. Thus, space in the computer memory is saved, plus a good energy saving (relative). It should be added that the motion sensor must be set up, because it can be triggered by a running dog or cat.
- The so-called premium surveillance cameras controlled over the Internet. To do this, you just need a laptop or smartphone, through which you can, sitting anywhere in the world, keep track of what is happening in your house. You will have to download a special application on your smartphone, and you can install the program on your laptop.
So, the installation of a surveillance system with your own hands begins. First of all, you need to decide where the observation point will be organized. This room will not be of fundamental importance, because only a receiving device and a monitor will have to be installed in it. This could be an office with a computer.
Next, the cameras themselves are installed. If the installation is carried out inside the house, then the cameras must be installed under the ceiling, from there the best view of the premises is. It is a prerequisite for the camera to be located near the outlet from which it will be powered. It is important that windows and doors are in the lens. Outdoor cameras are mounted higher, the goal is not to steal.
Camera manufacturers currently offer different options for fixing devices. They are attached with Velcro, suction cups, but the best option is self-tapping screws. How to install the camera to the ceiling or wall with your own hands.
- Remove the mounting cover.
- Apply it to the surface to be attached.
- Through the through holes, notes are made with a pencil.
- Holes are drilled into them with a perforator, where plastic dowels are inserted.
- Place the cover so that its mounting holes line up with the holes in the ceiling or wall.
- Screws are screwed in.
- Mount lens.
- The required camera angle of view must be set.
DIY software installation
As mentioned above, a disc with the program is supplied with the cameras. You need to install it on your computer. How to do it yourself.
- Assembling and configuring LAN (local area network) is in progress. It is not difficult, but if you could not figure it out, then invite a specialist. It will take him five to ten minutes to assemble.
- It is launched into the world wide web from the server.
- Then one camera is connected to the local network.
- Its software is installed and the surveillance device itself is launched.
- The camera software will find the installed program on the computer and display its MAC IPs on the monitor.
- Now in the search engine of any browser of your choice, the IP addresses of the camera are inserted. Then the control panel will open on the monitor. Here is both a picture and settings. So you can see everything and adjust to fit your needs.
- The rest of the surveillance cameras are connected in exactly the same sequence.
If you need to establish remote access, that is, conducts surveillance and Difficult via the Internet, and you are NOT an IT specialist, then it is better not to touch anything with your own hands. You just have to do a lot of manIPulation. For example, open an Internet gateway between the information receiver and the server, which requires the use of WAN interfaces. In general, a difficult thing, not for simple conditions. For a small home, there is a great need to use remote access. You can get by with simple schemes and technologies. In this case, the simpler the better. And, of course, we recommend looking at the installation of surveillance cameras.
- Submit an article
- Top blogs
- A week
How to set up surveillance at home
- We unpack the webcam for surveillance and connect it in accordance with the annotation to the PC system unit.
- We launch the program that comes with it. The image coming from the camera appears on the monitor screen.
- By fixing the camera in the place where the best view opens: on the front door, on the safe, on the largest possible area of the room.
- In the software settings, enable the option detection recording. In the picture, we set up the area where the system will signal when moving. Now, when someone appears in the immediate vicinity of the monitored object, the system will issue an alarm signal. A modern camera can be adjusted to the size of the object: that is, It will not react to a cat or dog, but will notify you of what time your child has returned from school.
How to install a surveillance camera at home? Optics can be directed to your car in the yard or control the work of a hired servant or nanny with its help. If you want to covertly install the camera, you can hide it in the ceiling covering, under a baguette or in the ceiling plinth, or simply disguise it in a soft toy on a shelf. It is important to provide 2 points:
- So that the camera does not overheat during operation;
- So that directed sun rays do not fall on the camera lens.
How to install cameras at home with your own hands
If there is a need to install cameras at home, then you can do it yourself with your own hands, without involving specialists. I installed several cameras in my house, you can watch online images in your absence and view the archive of events that took place there. The image from the cameras can be viewed from any device connected to the Internet: from a smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc. Installation of surveillance with your own hands is possible in a city apartment, country house, in the country or even in an office.
How to properly set up home surveillance using IP cameras
In much the same way as webcams, IP cameras are configured. However, there are some points that make IP systems more interesting for the user. The fact is that in an apartment or in a country house sometimes you want to install cameras throughout the room, and in this case, IP cameras that can be viewed in a bunch on the screen will be more convenient. In addition, the use of IP cameras means no wires or cables. Installing IP cameras should NOT be particularly far from the router, since good Wi-Fi coverage is still required to transfer the image to the computer. IP cameras are an excellent solution to the problem of how to install surveillance cameras in a private house if you need a clear detailed picture.
IP cameras do not need to be connected to a computer as they need the Internet. Of course, such a system will cost more than webcams, but it can be said to be permanent cameras.
- Similar. On the wall or on the ceiling, We install them in the apartment or in the country (if there is Internet).
- Launch the bundled software.
- If the router has not yet been installed, then it’s time to install and configure it.
- We drive the IP-address of the camera into the program. The system itself detects and activates them. As a result, we get a picture from all our cameras on the screen in real time. If the cameras are equIPped with a microphone, then we can also hear the sound.
- In the same way, we configure the parameters of the motion detector and we can reap the fruits of our hard work.
Rating of the top runet blogs
Yablor.Ru. Rating of Runet blogs, automatically sorted by the number of visitors, links and comments.
Phototope. Alternative presentation of the top posts, ranked by the number of images. The top contains alls found in current bloggers’ posts. Top Weeks and Top Months represent a ranking of the Most Popular Blogosphere Posts for a specified period.
The rating section contains statistics on all bloggers and communities that got into the main top. The rating of bloggers is calculated based on the number of posts that went to the top, the time the post was in the top and the position it occupies.
Cloud surveillance is now confidently conquering the market, creating opportunities for organizing systems, rather than requiring the cost of maintaining equIPment such as recorders, wired data links or physical servers. Unlike traditional systems, information received from cameras is stored in a virtual cloud storage. The creation of such services is directly handled by manufacturers of IP equIPment, and sometimes the server works only with “branded” cameras. The work of a cloud service can be seen on the example of the Ivideon service. It allows you to quickly create an online surveillance system. The service allows you to use IP cameras and analog cameras together with the installed recorder. However, in recent years, more and more are used, increasingly available IP cameras and conventional webcams that work with a home PC.
To launch the Cloud service, the user must register an account on the site, and then download the necessary software for a PC, tablet or smartphone. The easiest way to organize monitoring is from your personal account on the service website. Customers can choose any of the tariff plans: free, premium and professional for corporate clients. The equIPment is very easy to set up with this system, adjustment will not cause difficulties even for the most inexperienced user.
Choosing a registrar
The advantage of the recorder is that it is completely ready for use immediately after connecting cameras to it and performing simple settings. Most modern devices of this kind are equIPped with the ability to remotely control via the Internet or a local network. Also in favor of the registrar is its compactness and noiselessness.
When choosing a recorder, you need to decide on the number of cameras that will be installed at the facility. Experienced users recommend purchasing a device with several more cameras than you plan to connect.
The next important factor is the maximum capture speed. The ability to set the capture speed separately is in the device settings. by reducing its parameters, you can achieve a higher picture resolution. Usually, recorders already have inputs for connecting a monitor and allow you to view previously recorded archives.
Home surveillance installation
- Home surveillance installation
- How to put a hidden camera
- How to make a surveillance system
- How to install a surveillance system
Choosing a camera
The most important characteristic of a good camera is its sensitivity, which depends directly on the size of the sensor. A camera with low sensitivity requires powerful infrared illumination and does NOT produce a very high quality image.
A sensitivity of 1 Lux at dusk gives a poorly readable and dark image, which is not helped even by the powerful infrared illumination, which illuminates only a short distance under the camera. The 0.01 Lux indicator allows the device to recognize the image well at night in the presence of IR illumination or small outdoor lighting. The 0.0001 Lux indicator does not require additional illumination at any time of the day. a weak background light from the moon or a lantern is enough.
The choice of a camera for observation should be based on the installation location and the purpose of the shooting. For outdoor installation, it is advisable to purchase a device in a thermal casing, which will protect it from precIPitation. Covert surveillance is best done using small cameras built into furniture or household appliances. You can also use wireless cameras.
The first option is to install a dummy, which creates the appearance of a camera on the object. The effectiveness of such a technique is designed more to scare off than a real result. therefore, it is still advisable to install a small system that will monitor the most important areas of the house. Unexpected visitors will find it difficult to determine which camera is the real one, and they will most likely leave your home. You can also install a spotlight on the site.
It is possible to dispense with a partial installation of the system if you need an overview of only one area. a parking lot, entrance or backyard. In this case, the camera is combined with a capture device (TV tuner) or a computer with modern software, which will be able to save a much larger amount of recorded information than a modern intercom.
The third option is to install a full-fledged surveillance system, which is necessary if you need an overview of a large area of the house. To implement this option, you will need a high-quality camera and a full-fledged recorder. Also, instead of a registrar, you can use a powerful computer with the appropriate software, which will be in the house.
Installing the camera without errors
It is impossible to install the observation device so that direct sunlight falls on its matrix. in this case, it is guaranteed to fail. Try to take into account the position of the sun at any time of the year or day, or even better. install the camera so that its field of vision is below the horizon.
In no case should you install the camera on window panes. they will distort the image and create a lot of glare on it.
What to do before installing surveillance?
Before installing surveillance cameras, you need to make a plan. The system design will display the location of all devices, including the recorder and power supplies. Special attention should be paid to the design of the interconnection cables.
Surveillance cameras in the protected area are installed in such a way that Possible places of illegal intrusion are visible. In SEPARATE areas that DO NOT require special control, the equIPment is connected at the request of the user. As a rule, a surveillance device is installed necessarily opposite the entrance.
Installation of cameras should be scattered around the entire perimeter of the site. The angle of view of each camera is required to slightly capture the view of the second device. This will enable large-scale shooting. Installed outdoor devices are best placed on the walls of the house under a canopy. Remoteness from the fence will protect the equIPment from extraneous physical impact.
The camera must be mounted at a great distance from the ground. Positioning the mechanism at a sufficient height will ensure its protection as the camera cannot be reached. Accordingly, it will be difficult to damage it or change the viewing angle. Indoors, cameras are best placed near front doors, as well as in rooms at the owner’s discretion.
The scheme for installing a control camera in a private house looks like this.
The main aspects of choosing equIPment
When choosing a surveillance camera for site protection, it is advisable to purchase case models. For Home The most suitable option is dome cameras. When purchasing a device, you must also take into account a number of its characteristics:
- The quality and color of the recorded image;
- Sound presence;
- Shooting modes under different lighting conditions.
When choosing additional equIPment, special attention should be paid to the recorder and power supply. A recorder is a mechanism to which cameras are connected. By means of the recorder, the image is displayed on the screen.
A 12V unit is used to power the camera. Amperes consumed are calculated taking into account all installed equIPment. Experts recommend installing an uninterruptible power supply. The presence of an uninterrupted unit will ensure the operation of the system in the absence of power. It is recommended to select a coaxial cable as connecting wires.
It is described in connecting the camera with your own hands:
DIY surveillance camera installation: the main aspects of installation
Surveillance systems have recently been used to ensure the required level of protection for personal property and home. Installation of control complexes is carried out either by qualified specialists or by hand. It will NOT be difficult to install a home surveillance camera on your own if the user has the necessary minimum of technical knowledge. For a fully functional surveillance operation, additional equIPment should be installed along with the cameras.
EquIPment installation methods
To make a do-it-yourself surveillance system, in addition to all the technical aspects of the GoPro installation process, you need to study all kinds of ways to install the equIPment. To mount the device yourself, you need to consider the following points:
- Camera and room appearance;
- Visibility of the installed device;
- Mount type;
- Type of laying of connecting lines;
- Adequate lighting and correct placement of the light source (to avoid overexposure)
- Installation height for outdoor cameras, etc.
Cameras can be installed indoors on a false ceiling. The advantage of this mount is the ability to hide the connecting wires under the ceiling, and the camera will look harmonious. A bracket is used to mount the device a few centimeters below the ceiling. It allows you to change the angle of view and direct the camera up and down, left and right and around its axis. Dome cameras can be wall mounted. This mounting method is chosen to get a scaled image of a person, for example, opposite the point of passage.
Dome units can be mounted to the ceiling with brackets. The bracket is installed if it is not possible to mount directly on the ceiling (for example, too many lighting fixtures, ventilation system, advertising, etc.). Cameras equIPped with special protection (anti-vandal) are installed in special places. The installation method is not very different from connecting conventional equIPment. In private houses, devices can be installed on the walls of the house under a canopy or on poles. The advantage of installation on poles is the distance of the mechanism from the ground and the scale of the shooting.
When choosing any method of equIPment installation, you need to know the basic rules and stages of the installation process.
The sequence of the GoPro process or how to install the camera?
As a rule, when selling equIPment, instructions are attached to the device. It contains the main characteristics and a descrIPtion of the installation process. First you need to install the camera mount.
Next, the camera is installed in the mount and securely fixed.
After installing the equIPment, it is necessary to connect the connecting wires. The connection diagram looks like this.
When performing the installation process yourself, you must adhere to the following rules:
- When installing surveillance cameras, power supplies must be hidden in a sealed box;
- When choosing the location of the outdoor surveillance installation, it is necessary to choose a place that is as protected as possible from direct sunlight and atmospheric precIPitation;
- Covert surveillance can be used on objects of particular importance;
- Before starting the installation process, it is necessary to check the operability of the installed equIPment, including shooting modes;
- When carrying out the installation process, it is necessary to take into account the uniformity of the distribution of lighting, since this condition is necessary to obtain a high-quality image;
- When conducting night photography, you should install additional lighting or equIPment with built-in LEDs or IR illumination;
- When installing the equIPment, you need to take into account the ability to get to the cameras if necessary (for example, remove the cobweb, wIPe the dust, etc.);
- The recorder should be installed in a place inaccessible to unauthorized persons, while its location should be well ventilated;
- When choosing a camera, you need to know that black and white shooting mode is convenient at night, and color. during the day. For convenience, you can select a model with automatic change of shooting mode when conditions change.