Rear view camera on LADA Vesta
Modern cameras have a wide range of capabilities:
- They warn the driver of LADA Vest in time about threats on the roads, which allows avoiding emergency problems. With the help of the camera, the driver always sees obstacles;
- Allows you to have a wide visual horizon (in the range of 170 degrees) when driving in the opposite direction or during parking maneuvers. Application is not limited to the dark time of day;
- Camcorders LADA Vesta are very compact, easy to adjust, lightweight.
Camera on LADA Vesta
Rear view cameras are provided in the following configurations:
Installation of a rear view camera on LADA Vesta
You need to know that the procedure for installing this equipment on the Lada Vesta will differ from the installation on other models from the VAZ. It will be much cheaper to connect it yourself. Rear camera mounting is straightforward and no need to rely on a workshop.
- First you need to disassemble the boot lid trim and file a suitable mounting hole for the camera with a file. Or you can go the other way to connect a rear view camera: after measuring out the place (usually this is the area behind the license plate), carefully drill two holes in the plastic cover.
- If the parking sensors, put in their regular places, begin to fall into the holes, you need to redo them in the plug itself. It is better to connect the wires in the direction of the lamp wiring.
- To install the equipment, you need to study the diagrams and connection of the wiring of the cords according to the document. In the absence of a circuit, you need to use a multimeter and find out which wiring is responsible for reverse gear.
- Pulling the cable on the left or right side of the passenger compartment when the rear view camera is connected does not really matter. By hiding all unnecessary under the ceiling, you can finish the job.
Installing a rear view camera
Rear view camera does not work
If the rear-view camera Lada Vesta starts to connect to work every other time, or the multimedia system instead of the image displays a white or black screen, or even does not show anything at all, you need to carry out the following manipulations.
- The reset key in the lower corner restarts the multimedia system (MMC);
- The car radio must be set to RDS mode;
- Contact dealers if the MMC has an old firmware and requires an update;
- Resetting LADA Vesta to factory settings via the menu often solves problems;
If the camera does not work sometimes, for example, in a severe cold, the reason may lie in the ingress of moisture or dust on the contact of the rear motion sensor. A clean sensor and a warm vehicle are not subject to these problems. The device must be connected to the MMC via a mini-iso connector. Therefore, the replacement of this contact, in the case of defects in visual transmission, is desirable.
Camera selection on Mercedes
The choice of cameras on Mercedes is very wide, starting with non-original Chinese cameras and ending with the original all-round view system (360-degree camera).
Key questions when choosing a rear view camera:
- Camera with or without PARKING LINES support;
- Installation place. HANDLE or COVER (trunk lid);
- The presence of a cover in the handle with a DIRT CURTAIN (valve) or without.
Standard original rear view camera
for Mercedes ML W166 / GL X166
Dedicated grip with a dust cover for the camera
for Mercedes ML W166 / GL X166 / GLE and GLS
Most new cars can already be equipped with rearview cameras with the function. PARKING LINES. The function is very convenient, it allows you to display the vectors of turn and movement, which greatly simplifies the process of parking when reversing.
Parking lines using the example of the Mercedes E-class W212 camera
Parking lines using the example of the Mercedes ML W166 camera
Also, thanks to the use of ORIGINAL rear-view cameras, it is possible to achieve phenomenal picture quality in the dark, due to the high-quality photosensitive sensor used in the camera. Unfortunately, the unoriginal cameras cannot provide such picture quality.
Operation of the original camera at night
The camera works great at night
Parking sensors can help with parking, which simplify the parking process, and on new cars they even allow the car to park on its own. But sometimes, there is so little space that the parking assistant is not able to help, and parking sensors now and then react to the nearest obstacles, preventing understanding of the real situation.
The camera will help to visualize what is happening behind the rear bumper of the car. This not only simplifies the parking process, but also helps to avoid unintentional damage to both your car and a possible obstacle (which can also be a car).
The convenience of using a rear view camera is undeniable. Parking sensors, which are found on almost all cars, do not always signal small obstacles, which can nevertheless cause damage to the bumper and fender. Low and narrow obstacles are usually “not seen” by parking sensors due to the specificity of their work.
- ORIGINAL cameras
- Installation in 1 DAY
- Warranty 1 YEAR
- PARKING LINE
Reverse camera activation on Mercedes is carried out automatically, without forced engagement by engaging reverse gear. When you turn on the reverse gear, the rear view camera turns on and the picture is automatically displayed on the Comand Mercedes screen.
The camera does not have the same problems as with parking sensors, even at night, thanks to infrared illumination, it helps to see even minor obstacles that may be unnoticed by parking sensors.
On Mercedes, the installation of the rear view camera is carried out in a regular place. into the rear boot lid above the license plate or into a special backlight. Installation is carried out in a special cover handle. Note that each model has its own standard set of equipment, which includes not only the camera itself, but also the original wiring and the handle itself.
There are two types of cameras installed on Mercedes cars.
Parking lines are passive and active. If the lines are passive, then they are static without a variable trajectory depending on the steering wheel rotation.
If the parking lines are active. the lines change their trajectory depending on the steering wheel rotation, thereby helping to indicate the trajectory of travel, making it easier to park and minimizing the risk of damage to the car when reversing. In addition, active parking assistance, even when using a camera, is provided by parking sensors, as if duplicating and providing additional parking security.
All original Mercedes cameras are waterproof for use in all weather conditions, and support for infrared Spectra allows you to park without any problems at night without additional lighting.
Installation of a rear view camera on a Mercedes can be carried out on a standard equipped car with the Comand or Audio20 system.
Installation and integration with Teams is a typical procedure and does not require the purchase of additional equipment other than the camera kit itself.
The Audio20 requires the installation of an additional unit (interface), which allows the camera to be activated when reverse gear is engaged. Without this unit, you cannot connect a rear view camera to Audio20.
Installation is carried out within 1 business day.
A one-year warranty is provided for equipment and work.
- Mercedes A-class W169
- Comand NTG 2.5
- Comand NTG 2.5 with changer
- Rear View Camera
- Factory options
How to install a Rear View Camera and Apple TV in an F30 BMW! BimmerTech’s MMI and SmartView HD
Our technical center offers a wide range of services for equipping Mercedes-Benz cars with various multimedia, navigation, acoustic and additional equipment.
We carry out qualified installation and tuning of navigation systems of Mercedes Teams. Additionally, we update the systems with navigation maps of Russia and Europe.
Comand Mercedes systems can optionally be equipped with a rear view camera, all-round cameras, TV available on the move, and much more.
Qualification and vast experience allow us to carry out the repair of Mercedes electronic systems without any problems. Carry out work on the adaptation of cars from the USA and Europe, providing a guarantee for all services.
- S Coupe
- All model range
Rear view camera for Mercedes
from 13,000 rubles including camera installation
The rear camera is visible by Mercedes is not something extraordinary, but is already an ordinary attribute of a car, not only for the Mercedes brand. With tight restrictions on parking spaces and an increasing number of cars, parking between cars, especially in reverse, becomes much more difficult.
If a small sedan has enough conventional parking sensors for parking, then for SUVs and crossovers parking becomes a whole problem, both because of the size and the dimensions of the car.
HOW TO INSTALL A REVERSE CAMERA IN YOUR CAR| Our 2014 Hyundai Accent gets a Back-Up Camera!
daily, seven days a week from 1000 to 2100 hours.
Russia, Moscow, 1st Silikatny proezd, 19 / 2s26
2014-2021 © MBComand. Russia, Moscow, 1st Silikatny proezd, 19 / 2s26 / Tel: 7 (903) 974-43-24 / Sitemap
Any partial or complete copying and reproduction of the content without the permission of the owner is prohibited under Copyright Law.
DIY installation of a rear view camera for a LADA Vesta SV Cross car
Every year, car manufacturers improve safety systems that significantly increase the safety of driving a vehicle. When reversing, the risk of collision increases significantly due to poor visibility. Rear-view camera LADA Vesta is triggered automatically when reverse gear is engaged. It is installed by the manufacturer for the Comfort and Lux package.
Features of the stock camera
The stock video camera is capable of expanding the viewing angle up to 170 degrees.
In its manufacture, a CCD matrix is used, which displays a high quality image at any time of the day.
It is simple and can last for a long period, the image is transmitted to any display. The features are as follows:
- Light-sensitive matrix, color.
- Protection of the case is organized according to the IP 67 standard. It determines the high resistance of the device to high moisture and dust.
- The viewing angle is 170 degrees. This indicator is inherent in most rear-view cameras.
- Operating temperature range varies from 30 to 70 degrees Celsius.
- For power supply voltage 12V is supplied. It is used to power various elements of the vehicle, so there are no difficulties with connection.
- The device is capable of forming parking lines on the image, which greatly simplify the parking of the vehicle.
The original camera is marketed under the ParkCam brand. If installed correctly, it can serve for a long period.
The rear view camera for the new LADA can be produced by other manufacturers, the main thing is to choose the most suitable device. When choosing, the following points are taken into account:
- The recommended viewing radius should be at least 170 degrees. Otherwise, there is a possibility that objects that could collide with will not enter the display. A similar parameter is indicated by the manufacturer in the operating instructions.
- The minimum light level for a good image. Reversing at night occurs when the environment is poorly lit, and the flashlight does not help much to solve the problem. Only high-quality models provide good image quality in the dark.
- The most important parameter is the resolution of the video camera. It determines how high quality the resulting image will be. Due to the small size of the device, it is almost impossible to provide high resolution.
- The presence of backlight. It can significantly improve the quality of the resulting image when shooting at night or in fog. However, not in all cases such a device can be installed correctly.
- The temperature amplitude determines whether it is possible to use the camera in certain conditions. The recommended range is 40 to 70 degrees Celsius.
- The degree of resistance to moisture or dust. In the manufacture of the case, plastic is often used, which does not react to environmental influences. High degree of protection eliminates the likelihood of oxide and corrosion, due to which the device fails.
There are a large number of different Chinese models on sale, most of which have attractive properties. It should be borne in mind that a low-quality rear view camera for a car will not be able to serve for a long period.
How to connect
Wiring on Vesta is designed for long-term operation. Therefore, you can install the camera yourself. The recommendations are as follows:
- The cable can be routed to either side of the body. It is recommended to use a plastic waterproofing corrugation, which will reduce the likelihood of damage to the wiring.
- Connection is carried out using special chips. When connecting them, you need to choose an installation location that is not affected by.
- At the time of connection, attention should be paid to the state of all contacts. This is due to the fact that oxide in most cases causes the signal to disappear.
There is no problem with connecting the camera to LADA. On sale you can find a large number of adapters that are cheap.
How to install
Do-it-yourself installation of a camera on LADA does not provide for the use of special tools. Self-installation can significantly save on costs. The instructions for carrying out the work are as follows:
Those who installed a new audio system or carried out other similar work have no problems. Over time, corrosion and oxide may develop on the surface, causing display problems.
Malfunctions and repairs
The Lada Vesta rear view device is not characterized by high protection against environmental influences. SV Cross also has a similar disadvantage. In some cases, the original camera may fail after washing. Among the features of this case, we note the following points:
- As a result of poor waterproofing, water can enter the interior of the structure, and this will lead to the appearance of oxide.
- To solve the problem with the formation of oxide, you will have to disassemble the entire system and dry the contacts, and then clean the surface of the resulting oxide.
If drying and cleaning the contacts does not solve the problem, then you have to replace the camera. To increase the degree of protection, you can place it in a plastic shade.
Some problems cause black or white images to appear. It is displayed when the multimedia device program fails. If all contacts and devices have no obvious defects, then the procedure is as follows:
- To overload the multimedia system, press the reset button.
- The RDS mode is selected in the device settings. It allows you to use hidden settings.
- Among the information that appears, you need to highlight the one that is associated with the version of the installed firmware.
- Factory reset is performed. This is done taking into account the fact that all settings will have to be set manually.
If the device stops working in cold weather, then there is a possibility of frost and snow on the surface. Prolonged use under these conditions can cause oxide build-up. When disassembling and cleaning the surface, you need to provide high-quality insulation, which will eliminate the likelihood of a recurrence of the problem.