How to run Android apps on your PC?
You need to install an emulator to run Android applications on your PC. There are many similar programs. Among the most famous are Bluestacks and Droid4x. You can download them from official sites of the developers.
After installing the emulator Android applications can be added to it in two ways. by direct installation of files in APK extension, downloaded from the internet or by downloading software from Google Play.
Most emulators allow you to access the official repository, you just need to log in with your GoogleAccount.
How to install software in Android phone | How to Flash Android phone
Programs like Bluestacks and Droid4x are especially needed to run the so-called “exclusives”. applications that are nowhere to be found except in Android. Also these emulators can help owners of older smartphones with the launch of new games. In terms of phone functionality similar software is almost useless. there is no sending SMS or calls. Below we will look at a couple of the most popular emulators and give brief instructions on their use.
How to install APK games and programs with cache on Android
Installing applications on Android is quite simple, in most cases you do not need to flash or somehow patch your device! To help beginners and not only users, we present to your attention the manual “how to install games and programs on Android“, as well as “how to install games with cache on Android.
Preparation, the first thing you should do:
- Go to “Settings”. Under “Personal” select “Security”. Under “Device Administration” select “Unknown sources” check the box!
! Note: Android is the same for everyone, but each manufacturer for some reason may change the placement of certain features in the settings menu, so your job is to find something similar to “Unknown sources” and check the box!
Now move on to downloading the necessary files:
- There are APK installation files and cache files, these are additional files to some games and programs! How to install it all I will describe below, first let’s understand how to choose the right files for your device.
- For some applications in the version blocks, on our website, the following labels are displayed:
- Adreno. PowerVR. Mali. Tegra, Tegra 2. Tegra 3 and other tegra. these are types of video accelerators. You need to select the files according to the video gas pedal of your device (see point 2.1). If there are no labels, then the cache is the same for all!
- Also there is a tag @root. Applications that will run only on devices with super user rights. What is Root access and how to get it you can see here
2.1 Which cache to choose? Determine the type of processor in your device:
Option 1. On our website PDALIFE.info in the catalog of smartphones and tablets. Find your device and look in the characteristics.Option 2. After registration on the current site, go to “Personal Cabinet. “Settings” and in the “Gadgets” select and add your devices. After that, your personal page and app page will display your devices with the video gas pedal types listed next to them.Option 3. Use CPU-Z for Broadcom processors: try cache from Adreno for Vivante processors: the cache from Mali
2.2 How to know the architecture of processor (arm64-v8a, armabi-v7a, x86)?
Option 1. On our PDALIFE website.info in the smartphones and tablets catalog. Find your device and look in the characteristics.Variant 2. To do this you need to use special applications: AIDA64, DevCheck, CPU-Z.
Installing APK on Android:
- If the files were downloaded on a PC, connect the device with a USB cable, wait until the device is detected as a flash drive (for some you may need to confirm the connection on the device). Next, copy the downloaded file to your preferred folder.
- If you downloaded a file to your device, skip the previous point.
- Next, start the file manager. Standard or recommended to install “ES Explorer”.
- Find the downloaded file and click on it, running the installation, follow the instructions, when finished press “Done!
- If the game does not require additional cache files, then in the list of your applications find the game and run!
3.1 Installing cached games on Android:
- If a game or an application has a cache, then download it to your PC or directly into your smartphone.
- Select the downloaded cache and unpack it using the archiver program WinRAR for PC or ES Explorer on Android, or any other archiver convenient for you.
- Make sure that the resulting folder in the archive does not repeat exactly the same name of the archive, if it happens, you need a folder inside.
- The folder with the cache is placed on the path indicated on the page with the game (in the gray block above the links).
- Then install the apk, as it was written above.
- Before Android 5.0 all caches are placed on the INSTALLED memory card. NOT removable microSD! Starting with Android 5.0 and above, there may be an option in the device settings to designate an external memory card (microSD) as primary or merge, then you can place on microSD as well
- /Android/data/ and /gameloft/games/. the caches placed on these paths can be downloaded via the application via wi-fi, or mobile internet. Also, from version to version is not necessary to download new caches, all the necessary application downloads itself.
- /Android/obb/. caches in this folder download only from the site, when you update the version again load a new cache.
Major bugs and FAQs:
Question: What is Root Rights and how to get them?Answer: This is a user with advanced access rights, like Administrator on a Windows PC. Root rights can be obtained by flashing the device or through special programs. Go to our PDALIFE site.Go to the directory of smartphones and tablets find your device through a search, if it has firmware, you will see the appropriate tab “firmware” in which you will find instructions for obtaining root rights and instructions for flashing. For example: Samsung G9208 Galaxy S6 flash instructionsRequestion: Will it work on my device??Answer: Look at the tags and on Google Play whether your device is supported or not. We don’t know if you can use it, but it may take a long time to wait for an answer from a user with the same device! It’s better to write about the result!
Q: It says syntax error, what do I do?? Answer: Your version of Android is lower than required. If possible update your device to a newer version of Android.
Q: I have no data or obb folder, what should I do?? Answer: Create it!
Q: Why can’t I see the cache??, I posted everything as written.Q: I placed the cache correctly, but it asks to download XXX MB, why?Answer: The cache is not placed on the built-in memory of the phone, but on microSD. Not every game supports placing the cache on an external drive. The exceptions are some Chinese devices and some models Fly, in these smartphones / tablets when you connect the card microSD is substituted for the external card on the built-in. Answer 2: Run the game and see what folder and where it will create, it should be similar to the folder from the archive cache, move the files from the folder in the archive into a folder created by the game.Answer 3: The folder in the archive must be extracted to the current folder, not the folder with the name of the archive (when unpacking via WinRAR)
Q: I placed the cache correctly, but it asks to download x MB, why?Answer: If the number of MB is approximately equal to the MB of cache downloaded from the site, it is not to finish downloading, and downloaded in full! That is, the cache is not placed correctly, read the previous question/answer!
Q: I have low internal memory, what should I do??Answer: Flash root rights and use a program, for example: Directory Bind.Answer 2: Look in the smartphone settings, some manufacturers and devices on Android 5.0 and higher can assign an external memory card as the primary.
PS: Don’t use capital letters and punctuation marks too much! Otherwise your comment may be deleted!
Using file managers to install apps
ES explorer is the most popular file manager. In many versions of Android it is installed at once. So let’s look at the installation by its example.
The convenience of this method is that access to the downloaded file is very easy in view of the specifics of the application. Even if the downloading occurred not on the card, but in the phone memory, it will not be difficult to find the necessary file with the extension APK. Feel free to use the navigation menu.
Start installation by double-clicking on the file. Once completed, the downloaded file can be deleted.
Installing Android apps downloaded manually, not from Market
Through the menu of your device
Download any file format.APK using the browser of the Android device, go to “downloads/downloads” (the download is displayed if you lower the notification bar, you can run the installation there), then continue the installation, as in step 7 and 8, in the previous instruction.
With special installers
Applications for a better and faster installation, especially of multiple files at once: These applications are specifically designed to install.Ark files and easy to use. We recommend System App Remover because it does a great job and is very easy to use.Download System App Remover for free
Install the application using the previous method. Then all you have to do is go into the program and it will automatically start searching for available.ark files on your Android device. When the search is done you just need to click on the file or select a few and click “install”.
The app will run the installation files on its own, you only need to agree (or not) with the permissions. Even if you close the program, the next time you run it, you can easily highlight all uninstalled applications.
How to install the app.APK to Android (game or program)
Installing apps without using Google Play on Android is a fairly simple task. In addition, it has several kinds of solutions at once. With this instruction you will learn how to use each of them.
Why do you need to install apps without using Google Play in the first place?? And won’t it harm your phone? Among the main reasons for using third-party sources are to save traffic (sometimes you spend more money downloading a game than buying it), to save money (you can often find free APK-files of applications you have to pay for on Google Play), and the lack of an application on Google Play (some developers bypass the Store from Google to monetize their development with the help of visitors. Example. SopCast streaming video player). So knowing how to install apps without Google Play will always be useful for you.
Installing third-party applications from trusted sources, such as 5app.ru, will not harm your phone. On our site all applications are checked for viruses and malicious scripts, and therefore your phone will always remain completely safe. It is worth noting that even installing an application using Google Play does not always guarantee your device full security.
In order to freely download and install applications from third-party sites, you’ll need to allow the phone to install from unverified sources. It is easy to do. In newer versions of Android, the appropriate settings can be made by going into SETTINGS, and then into the SECURITY section. One of the boxes in this section is the column “Unknown sources”, in which you must check, and then agree to make changes.
Apart from that, you will need any file manager. 5app.ru recommends using Total Commander for this purpose. Click on this link. to download it using Google Play.
That’s all! Now you can install applications not from Google Play.
1. The first and easiest way is to install applications from your phone.
In order to install an application on your smartphone, you must immediately download it. Use the internal browser of your phone (in the screenshot an example from Google Chrome for Android). Enter the address of the website in the address bar of your browser (for example, 5app.ru), find and download the APK-file you need. At 5app.ru you will find links to download applications under reviews, where you will be able to download them for free.
Then you need to click on the link, and then the application file will be downloaded to your device. Usually by default the download is made to sdcard/Download folder in the internal memory of your phone. After downloading you can exit the browser to proceed to the next step.
Next, you need to run your file manager (in our case this is Total Commander), then in the file system of the device to find our APK-file. As it was already said, it is usually located in the Download folder in the internal memory of the phone.
Once you have found the downloaded application file, you need to open it. Total Commander gives you three options when you click on the application icon: Install, Open as ZIP and Google Play. Choose “Install”. Next, the device will ask you again to install. Press “Install” again. We are waiting for the installation process to complete and that’s it! The application is installed on your device!
2. The second way to save mobile bandwidth is to install an Android app from a personal computer using a USB cable.
Run any web browser from the computer and go to the site with the applications, for example, on 5app.Go to. Search for the program you like and download it as in the previous method. Save the apk file in any folder on your computer.
Then connect your device to your computer via USB cable. After that pull the “curtain” on your Android device and select “Connect as a storage device” or “Media device. After that go to “My Computer” and look for your phone or tablet.
Copy the previously downloaded APK file to any folder on your Android device and remember it. After copying process is completed you can disconnect your smartphone from PC.
Using the same Total Commander or any other Explorer search for the folder where you have saved the application. Found? You are almost there.
As in the previous method, open the APK-file by clicking on it and double-click “Install“. Waiting until the installation process is completed and rejoice. The application is downloaded to your smartphone!
3. The third way to install apps on Android is to install games with cache.
The fact that some developers reduce the size of the downloaded file by separating some of the game elements from the apk-file. In this case, you have to install the game separately and the cache separately. The exception. the games, which after installing themselves “download” the necessary files.
So what do we need for this type of installation? The easiest way is to install using a PC. First, download the apk file of the application and the cache attached to it. Save both files to any folder on your computer. Next, using the second method described above, install the application file (APK).
After that, go to the cache. On the site 5app.In the installation guide is always described in what folder to put your cache. Search and open it with “My Computer”. In a separate window open the cache file. Usually it is compressed into a ZIP or RAR file. Using the appropriate archiver, extract the folder with the cache from the archive. After that copy it on the phone in the folder specified in the review. Most often, this folder is sdcard/Android/data/obb, but there are exceptions. For example, sometimes you have to copy the cache in the folder sdcard/Android/data/ or sdcard/gameloft/games/ (games from Gameloft). In any case, downloading applications from 5app.You will not make a mistake. The main thing. pay attention to the instructions.
Once the cache is copied to the desired folder, disconnect your smartphone from the PC and run the application. Done! Have a nice game!
Applications: preinstalled and those that the user installs
Devices running on the Android operating system, already from the moment of purchase contain a large number of applications. Such applications are called differently:
The preinstalled software usually includes applications that provide anti-virus protection, device navigation, geolocation, communication, file storage, and more. When the user gets used to the functionality that has already been installed, he may need to add applications of his own choice.
Users, who have just begun to master Android, often have a question: why do we need so many applications for Android?? Is it possible to do without them?
You can not install new applications, and turn off pre-installed applications. So in this case the smartphone becomes an “obsolete” mobile device, which allows to make calls, send/receive SMS messages and check the time. Agree that such “reduced” functionality of the smartphone is no longer satisfactory to anyone.
In any case, as you become more and more familiar with the functions of Android, there is a need to install some applications: WhatsApp or others. As they say, appetite comes with food. Android apps are easy to install, and if you don’t like them, you can easily uninstall them. Below we will consider these steps in more detail on the example of the Android app for Yandex.Mail.
Smartphone gives the modern user almost unlimited possibilities for communication, work and leisure. Every day new and new applications are released, some of which can be useful. You can download and install them safely on your Android phone in many ways.
Transferring the installer
Now you need to transfer the file with the APK extension to your device. You can do it many ways: via Wi-Fi, USB, Bluetooth, or you can load it on your SD card.
Let’s choose the two most common: let’s throw the installer via USB and via SD-card. This is much easier, yet many people use exactly these methods.
To do this, you simply need to connect your Android device to your PC via USB cable. Then allow file sharing. After that you will be able to view all the data from the Android system, as well as to add your own.
Allow file exchange between the phone and the computer
Now just drop the file with the APK extension into one of the folders in the system directory. It is best to choose a folder that you can then easily find, such as “Downloads/Downloads”.
Transferring the installer via an SD card is just as easy. To do this, simply connect it to your laptop through a card reader or special adapter.
If you have previously used an SD card as storage on your Android tablet or smartphone, you will see the directory of Android folders already created. Then just transfer the installer the same way as described above.
Throw the installer in the directory of Android folders
If you have just purchased an SD card or have used it somewhere else, then just drop the APK file from your computer to a location that is convenient for us. After that, connect the card to Android. After that all that’s left is to install.
By the way, install add-ons to your device on the memory card this way will not work. In the end it will still be located in the memory of the gadget. If you want to move some software to external memory, you need to “Settings”, in the “Applications” find all the programs that can be placed on the card. This can be done by opening the tab relating to removable storage. There you will also be able to transfer what you need to a removable drive.
How to make the main applications to be used by default
However, the possibilities of the operating system in terms of binding software to perform specific actions are not too wide. Initially, this feature is available for the most commonly used programs. lunchers (so called operating system shell), browsers that Android is able to recognize, video players, audio players, applications for the camera, for messaging, for the caller.
So, let’s look at how to install the default launcher, browser, or other application:
- Go to the settings of your smartphone (tablet).
- Click on the “Applications” item (which may have a similar, but different name).
- Further actions depend on the version of the OS and smartphone. On some models with pure Android installed for binding it is necessary to tap on the gear icon (alternatively. on three dots), and then select the item “Default apps”. There is also a situation when to achieve the same result it is enough to click on the “Default” tab. Finally, the option when it is necessary to select the “Advanced settings” and search for the necessary option there. In any case, it will not be difficult to find the location of this feature, because it is obviously located in the “Applications” section.
- Among the available actions in the list that opens is the choice of a different Launcher (by default, there is usually either a proprietary shell from the manufacturer of the smartphone, or the standard Google program). To put a different default launcher, you need to tap on the tab “Home screen” (and this name has many variants of spelling. for example, “Desktop”, or “Main application”, it all depends on the particular shell currently used by default).
- Then choose your favorite launcher from the suggested list (remember, you can expand it yourself by downloading the appropriate applications from Play Market and installing them on your device).
As you can see, there is nothing complicated, everything is done in a few clicks. Approximately the same scenario can be assigned default tools for making calls, for sending SMS messages, for seoing, and so on. In the case when the program used for certain actions is not specified by default, every time the system will ask you which software to use and whether it should be done only in this case or always.
Next, on how to make a default browser on Android.
Some manufacturers of smartphones / tablets make built-in browsers of their own design. as a rule, they do not have a sufficiently extensive functionality. Others choose Google Chrome as the main one, which is also far from ideal because it consumes too many resources. Therefore many users install alternative browsers on the gadget. whichever one they like, the choice is quite large.
To select the default browser, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Settings” section, and then select the “Applications” item;
- Find the browser you want to make default and click on its icon;
- Welcome to the Options page, where you will find the “Run by default” option, and enable it.
In some smartphones the algorithm of actions is somewhat different, in the settings you need to find the section in which you can manage the installed applications, looking for the inscription “Default applications”, tap on the three points and in the list that appears, select “Browser”. This will open a list with a list of installed Internet browsers, among which you need to select the desired one.
Now all actions connected with opening of websites (clicks on links in SMS-messages, messengers, other applications) will be performed in the browser you choose.
An alternative way to perform the same actions involves the use of the settings of the browser itself. Almost all browsers except Google Chrome have this feature. For example, if you want sites to always open with Firefox, you will need to follow these instructions (this browser is just an example, the same algorithm can be applied to Opera, Yandex and other applications of this type):
- launch Opera;
- tap on the three dots to get to the application menu;
- go to the “Settings” item (it can be called “Options” or have a similar name);
- among the options look for “Make default browser”, activate it;
- In some browsers the default setting of the application is not in the settings. So, in Yandex.Browser it is available in the menu of the search bar, where you need to select the “Settings” and then follow the script proposed above.