Downloaded the driver for the printer what’s next
Some drivers are delivered only in format “.zip “, in which there is no installation file”.exe “. They are also easy to install, like ordinary drivers. Now we will tell you how to install a driver for a printer of their archive
- No need to connect the printer until it is stipulated in this instructions;
- These instructions are applicable to all Windows operating systems, starting from XP and ending with the “ten”.
First of all, the downloaded driver needs to be unpacked. This can be done by a free 7-ZIP program (you can download it on the official website http: // 7-zip.Org.ua/ru/), or a paid Winrar program. Also, archives can be unpacked by the basic means of Windows (if the archive in ZIP format) or if the archive is self.mapped (usually it is, the EXE format).
Example 1. If you take the Xerox Phaser 3010 as an example, then you download the driver archive (in EXE format), which are simply packed in one file. You need to run the downloaded archive (by pressing 2 times with the left mouse button) and you will open a window where you need to specify where to unpack the drivers.
Example 2. If we download the driver in ZIP format, then we must use archives to extract the drivers. To do this, you can install one of the above archives and then click on the archive with the right mouse button. In the context menu, select: “Enforce everything” or “extract in the current folder” or “Extract in (here the name of the folder will be written)”.
First make a connection
First, you need to connect the printer to the computer via a USB cable or via wireless communication (Wi-Fi, consider further). First, it is easiest to connect through the USB cord.
It is better to immediately connect the computer to the USB port, since the connectors on the front panel may not be directly related to the motherboard. As a result, often the computer does not see the printer, even if it is connected to the system unit.
After, turn on the button on the apparatus body. The green indicator should light up on the button. After some time, the mechanisms will cease to rotate and the noise from technology will not be published anymore. This means that the device has turned into readiness mode.
How to install a printer on Windows 10
The operating system 10 of the version is characterized by additional settings, so installing devices for it will be slightly different. We will figure out how to install a printer on Windows 10. This operating system works with all modern devices, as well as with local options.
Installation of a local printer
Old printers that do not have a wireless connection integrate are connected to PC using USB or LPT/COM. You need to connect the printer cable to your computer, and then install the device according to the instructions:
- Go to the “Start” menu, select the “Parameters” section from the list (icons “gear”).
- In the “Parameters” window, the “Devices” section. Go into it.
- On the left side of the window opened, find the line “Printers”. Click on it.
- A button with the inscription will appear on the right side of the window: “Add printers and scanners”.
- The system in automatic mode will begin to search for connected devices. In the window that appears there will be their names. Select the desired printer, click on the “Stop” button and click “Next”.
- The rest of the operating system will make for you. will load the drivers and set up the device.
When installing a local printer, you may have a problem. if the automatic service is not able to determine it. In this case, in the parameter window, you will find the blue inscription “The necessary printer is absent in the list”, and the “update” button will be above it. Click under the inscriptions to go to manual setting:
- In the “Find Printer by other parameters” window, select the first item “My Old Printer, I need help to find it”. Click “Next”.
- After that, the system will install an auxiliary utility that will set up your printer for work and find it.
If the above tips on how to install the local Windows 10 printer did not help, then you need to check the connection of the equipment, replace the wires with new. Then download the drivers from the official site of the manufacturer and install them on your PC. Please note that some companies make special software for Windows 10. If there is such an option on the official website, use it.
Connecting a wireless printer
Modern models of office equipment are connected via Wi. FI. which significantly expands their functionality. To install them, you need to configure the router, and then PC. First, check if your router supports WPS technology. If everything is fine, then you can proceed to its configuration:
- In the address line of any browser, enter “192.168.one.one”. In most cases, this will allow you to go to the settings menu. By default, login and password for entering this section. Admin / Admin. If this data is not suitable for the entrance, find the instructions from the router or the contract with your provider (if the router was provided to you from it).
- After you entered the menu, you need to find the WPS section and set the Enable value in it. You can set the PIN code to limit access from third-party devices.
- Now you need to turn on the printer itself and activate the search for a wireless network on it. After the connection has been successful, you can proceed to setting up a computer.
- Open the Start menu and select the “Parameters” section in it. Go to the Device Management menu, select the Printers line. Click “Add printer“.
- Most often, the wireless device is not found the first time. Therefore, when the inscription “Necessary printer is absent in the list” appears, click on it.
- From the proposed options, select “Add a wireless or network printer”. After that, the system in automatic mode will begin to search for devices. Drivers will also be loaded without your participation.
Epson L121 installation without cd driver
If this does not help, then you need to find information about IP.The address of the technique (indicated in the technical documentation or displayed in the system menu of the router). In this case, from the list of manual settings, select “Add the Printer for its TCP / IP”. Enter the name or address of the device, put the marker next to the phrase “Surrender the printer and install the drivers automatically”. Click “Next”, the rest of the system will make for you.
Why does the laptop not see the printer through USB
There are situations when the laptop does not see the printer via USB or on a local network. As a rule, the reasons can be as follows:
- Damaged or poorly inserted cable.
- The drivers are incorrectly installed.
- By default, the system has chosen another device.
- The press service is not launched on Windows.
How to install a printer without CD Driver (Installer)/CD Reader? with English Subtitle
Important! Most of the problems presented are solved quite easily. Also, if there are problems with use, it is recommended to simply restart PC and the printing device itself.
In today’s article, we figured out whether it is possible to connect the printer to the laptop and how to do this in the simplest ways. As we wrote, the most convenient way to connect the printer is through Wi-Fi. But before setting up such a connection, be sure to make sure that covering the router or network of routers is enough for adequate work throughout the house. Otherwise, the benefits of such a connection will be a nearot.
If you connect the printer via USB, be sure to check the integrity of the wire and how reliably it is connected to the connectors. Well, the last universal advice. always try to use drivers downloaded from official websites of manufacturers. Only they will ensure the stable operation of the printer and will not bring with them any unpleasant surprises.
How to connect All-in-One Printer to a laptop
All-In-One Printer is multifunctional devices that can perform several functions-print, scan and copy. The system should know how to work with a printer and a scanner, so the set of drivers is very different from standard devices.
How to connect All-in-One Printer to a computer via Wi-Fi
You can do this in several ways. Before connecting All-in-One Printer to a laptop via Wi-Fi, you can briefly familiarize yourself with them:
- Direct connection using the control panel of the device itself. It is enough to connect to the Wi-Fi network, install the drivers on the computer and find it in the list of available network devices;
- Connection using WPS. A very fast way. You just need to press the WPS buttons on All-in-One Printer and the router, and everything will be connected by itself.
All-In-One Printer is usually equipped with their own autonomous control unit, with which you can configure many parameters. This is the number of copies, their quality, canceling the current task and connecting to a wireless network. The developers try to support new models relevant for the present and equip them with new.fangled WPS.
If you know interesting ways how to connect a printer to a laptop via Wi-Fi, USB or Bluetooth from your personal experience, then share them in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
Connecting a network printer
Two situations that determine the necessary actions are possible:
- When there are several computers, and the printer has not yet been involved, that is, there is no network, nothing is configured. Then you need to make a printer connection to the computer according to the above instructions. Any computer is selected, but better connect to a more powerful. Then all computers are joined by LAN cable directly or through a sweatshirt. Then the access and parameters of network adapters are configured. The last stage is the installation of a “printer” on each computer through the main.
- The printing “machine” is already working in tandem with any computer. Then the task is only in setting up the network, access and creating a common connection (cords or “air”).
It is easy to organize printing over the network if all devices can be connected without wires. This applies to computers (or laptops) and printers. Then you do not need to bother with the purchase of cables. You should only place all the equipment in one network. So you can’t do without a router. After, the same driver is put everywhere.
Option: network connection
Sorted out a local connection? Then installing a network printer in Windows 7 will not be absolutely no.
Step: connecting and setting up a network printer.
What are we doing? Through the “Start” we go to “Devices and Prinaters”, click “Printer installation” and select in the window that appears the “Add network”:
As a result, Windows 7 will automatically search for all printers connected to the network. What we need? First you find out the name of the network printing device, which we have to connect. Learned? Then we choose the appropriate option and click “Next”:
As a result, the computer will connect to the device and automatically install the drivers for it. What to do if it is not installed? Pay attention to system messages. Sometimes this process requires manual tuning. In particular, the “Install driver” button may appear in the installation window of the network printer. By pressing it, the problem will be eliminated by itself and an appropriate message about the successful installation of the network printer will be displayed on the screen:
It remains only to press the “Next” button and start printing the necessary documents.
Step: checking work
How to check the operation of a network printer? Print any document. It seems that everyone should cope with this, is it not so? But what to do if the document was sent for printing, and did not print? This, note, happens quite often. How to solve the problem? First, check the following settings:
- determine whether the equipment is connected to the main computer;
- to establish if there are restrictions for such a network printer;
- check whether it is connected to the network;
- Update drivers. In this case, we go to the “Devices and Printers”, select the printing device you need for debugging and click on it with the right button. In the menu that appears, we find and celebrate the “Printer properties” item:
Next, select the “Additionally” tab and opposite the name of the driver, click the “change” button. As a result, the update will be installed on the computer automatically!
In general, there is absolutely nothing complicated in installing a printer on a computer with Windows 7 OS! The most important thing is to correctly decide on the connection option! Choose a suitable for you and print with pleasure!