How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Windows 8, 7 and XP Computer
ITunes is freely installed on a Windows computer.
However, you can copy photos without synchronization, because this OS is able to recognize the phone as a physical medium.
The quickest way the system will suggest in automatic mode.
In the startup menu, just select the “Import images and videos” item. The illustration shows actions from an iPad, transferring pictures from an iPhone is no different.
However, the message may not appear or the user may automatically close it.
In this case, you can use Windows Explorer. First you need to open “Computer” and double-click on the icon of the connected device.
This will open up access to the Internal storage.
It will contain the DCIM root directory, in which the images will be stored.
You can treat these files the same way you would any others. Copy to disk, email or delete.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac Computer
The iOS and OS X operating systems are highly integrated. However, the connected device does not appear as a physical storage medium.
For those who do not want to use the iPhoto service, the “Image Capture” feature will come to the rescue.
This utility is built into OS X and allows you to move photos and other images from your phone both to a specific directory and to the required application.
Find it using SpotLight search. To do this, just start typing the name in the search bar.
The program will show all the photos available on the device and the possibilities of actions.
It is possible to set up automatic actions when the device is connected (copying to a hard disk and deleting originals, for example).
Otherwise, this is actually an ordinary folder with which you can do all the same actions.
Easy Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer
Apple phones are famous for their cameras. No wonder their owners are constantly taking thousands of photos.
It is physically impossible to store them all on the device, so you have to copy them to your computer’s hard drive.
Due to the nature of Apple products, this procedure is not so obvious. This article will give instructions on how to transfer photos from iPhone to PC.
It will also highlight the features of copying photos on OS X, Windows and using iPhoto.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer with iTunes
iTunes itself does not involve working with photos. Usually, for such purposes, they use the programs built into OS X. iPhoto.
The program opens automatically after the connection to the PC has been made.
It can also be opened using the dock panel. In the main window, just select the photos you need to import and click “Import selected”.
You can import one or all photos at once. After the transfer, the program will offer to save or delete photos from the phone.
Deleting the original images will free up memory space and speed up the creation of a backup.
All photos in iPhoto are sorted by date added, album and device.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer via WI-FI
In addition to connecting by wire, photo transfer can also be done wirelessly.
The process of transferring photos using Wi-Fi is not fundamentally different from other methods. That is, it happens the same.
Just before starting the transfer, you need to sync via Wi-Fi. This is done as follows.
First you need to connect the device using a cable and open iTunes.
In the left part of the window, in the “Devices” block, select the iPhone or iPad for synchronization.
In the “Overview” tab in the “Parameters” block, you will need to put a checkbox opposite “Synchronization. devices via Wi-Fi “.
Now the gadget will automatically sync when it is on the same network with a computer with iTunes installed.
Synchronization can be started from the phone through the device parameters.
To do this, in the “General” menu, you will need to select “Sync with iTunes via Wi-Fi”.
The presence of synchronization is indicated by the icon in the phone’s tray.
The device now appears as connected. Consequently, all actions on it can be performed in the same way as when connecting using a conventional cable. twisted pair.
how to transfer photos from iPhone to computer via “Photos” in Windows
This method is very lightweight and easy to use.
- Connect your device via USB cable to your personal computer.
- Unlock your device. A window will appear asking for access to your photos and videos.
- Click “Allow”, after which you will open access to your photos and videos.
- After that, you need to enter the internal storage of the phone. To do this, go to Windows Explorer, you will see “Internal Storage”. Double click on it, after which the internal storage of the phone will open.
After that, the DCIM folder will appear, in order to view photos and video files.
how to transfer photos from iPhone to computer via iTunes
As a reminder, iTunes is a program developed by Apple that allows you to play and organize music, movies, photos, etc. The main function of the program. it is synchronization with the device, filling with media files, and backup storage of all information. In order to transfer photos from iPhone to computer, we suggest doing the following:
Make sure you have a new version of iTunes installed on your personal computer.
Next, we need to synchronize the device with our PC. To do this, you need to set up synchronization. First, launch iTunes, then click on the icon in the form of a smartphone.
Wait for the sync process to complete.
This method can be carried out using a wireless Wi-Fi network, or using a wired.
Before transferring photos to a computer using iTunes, you need to sync via Wi-Fi.
- Go to the “Devices” section.
- Choose your iPhone.
- Go to Options
- Check the box next to “Sync this iPhone over Wi-Fi”.
- Go to the menu in the “General” section, check “Sync iTunes over Wi-Fi”. After that, each time the device will automatically sync with the PC using Wi-Fi.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer Using iCloud
In this method, we will tell you how you can transfer photos to your Windows computer using iCloud. As a reminder, iCloud is a branded cloud storage manufactured by Apple. Each user gets 5 GB of iCloud for free. You can access your files from any device by going to iCloud.com and logging in with your Apple ID.
In order to sign in to iCloud, you do not need to create a new account, to do this, use your Apple ID. First, we need to configure the iCloud Library settings. Follow these steps:
- Open the iCloud program on your PC.
- Enter Photo Options.
- Select iCloud Music Library.
Click on “Finish”, then “Apply”.
To download photos via iCloud to your computer, do the following:
- Connect the device to your computer using a USB cable.
- On your PC go to “Computer”, where the icon of your device should be displayed.
- Right-click and select “Import. In the window that opens at the bottom, click on options.
- In the line “Import images to” choose where to upload photos. Confirm the import by clicking “Ok” and “Next”.
- In the window that appears, it is fashionable to manually check the boxes on those photos that you need to transfer to your PC.
- Click Import. After that, the files are saved to the folder of your choice. After the import is complete, the folder will open again.
- Step 1: Connect iPhone to Mac first.
- Launch Spotlight located in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Go to Image Capture.
- You can select photos manually by clicking the left mouse button or import all at once by clicking the “Import all” button.
- Select the folder where the photos will be imported.
- Before importing files, it is advised to uncheck the box next to “Delete after import”, otherwise all files on the device will be deleted after import.
ways to transfer photos from iPhone to computer
The majority of owners prefer Apple products due to the wide and high-quality functionality of the camera. A large number of iPhone owners love capturing highlights on their device. But, unfortunately, a huge number of photos take up memory and have to be transferred to the hard drive of a personal computer.
Many users are wondering how it is possible to quickly and easily upload a photo to a computer. In this article, we’ll take a look at how you can transfer photos from iPhone to computer. If you want to know how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone, don’t miss this article.
ways to transfer photos from iPhone to computer
【The most convenient way】. How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer via iCareFone
Tenorshare iCareFone software is highly efficient and fast to use for transferring files to your computer from your iPhone. The main feature of this program. it is the ability to work directly with the connected device without unnecessary file transfers. Utility allows you to backup and restore data.
Then follow these steps step by step:
Connect iPhone to your PC via USB cable. Run the program on your computer.
Click the photo (quick access) icon on the home interface or click “Manage” “Photo”.
Select the photos you want to transfer to your PC, click “Export”. Then choose a location to save them.
You can set image formats using the Export Settings option.
iCareFone also lets you transfer your albums between iOS and PC.
Hope you got all the answers in this article. Concluding this article, let’s summarize what we have learned so far. The article talked about how to transfer photos from iPhone to PC. There are many ways to do this. But we recommend Tenorshare iCareFone as in this app, you can transfer all your data in just one Step.
- Free Backup Everything you need on iPhone / iPad / iPod
- Transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS without limits
- Selectively recover files without erasing current data
How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac or PC
Are you suffering from the annoying problem of iPhone constantly telling you that there is not enough memory to take another photo or download another application? I bet you must be dying to transfer a huge amount of photos from your iPhone to your Mac or PC in order to free up space if that’s the case. You may wonder what is the best way to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac / PC.
Download iPhone Photos to Computer with FoneTrans
There are actually several different ways to transfer photos from iPhone to computer, including iPhotos, Image Capture, Airdrop, Photos App and Email for Mac users, and Windows Explorer for Windows users. But today I would like to talk about the most efficient way to download images from iPhone to computer or take pictures if necessary. The only thing you need is FoneTrans for iOS, an alternative iTunes software, more flexible than iTunes.
With FoneTrans for iOS, you can transfer your data from iPhone to computer freely. You can not only transfer iPhone text messages to computer, but also transfer photos, videos and contacts to PC easily.
- Transfer photos, videos, contacts, WhatsApp and other data with ease.
- Preview data before transmission.
- IPhone, iPad and iPod touch available.
Step 1 On the left panel of the interface, you will see all the content listed in the column, including Media, Playlists, Photos, Books, Contacts, SMS and so on.
Step 2 Click on Photos you will get all the photos stored on your iPhone. You can view all kinds of photos from different albums, including Photo Library, Camera Roll, and so on before transferring. You have options to Add, Export to or Remove images via the interface.
The software is compatible with both Mac and Windows. Therefore, whether you are a Mac or Windows user, FoneTrans for iOS. your best choice. In the rest of this article, I will introduce another way to import photos from iPhone to computer.
Import pictures from iPhone to Mac using the Photos app
Users using an older version of the Mac operating system don’t have the new Photo app, but iPhoto instead. However, the steps are almost the same to import your iPhone photos to your Mac using the IPhoto or Photos app
Step 1 Connect your iPhone to your Mac with a suitable USB cable.
Step 2 You may have to unlock your iPhone with a password and trust this computer if you ask for it.
Step 3 On your Mac, the Photo app opens automatically. If not, open it.
Step 4 You will see the Import screen with all the photos and videos that are on the connected iPhone. Select the photos you want to import and then click Import Selected or select Import all new photos.
Step 5 After the import is complete, a message box will ask if you want to delete or keep the photos on your device.
Download Pictures from iPhone to PC
Step 2 Open Computer on your desktop.
Step 3 Find and click your device in the left sidebar. And then right-click and select Import Pictures and Videos from the drop-down menu.
Step 4 Select Import Settings and select a location for the imported images. In this method, you have no choice but to download all the photos to your iPhone.
With FoneTrans for iOS, you can transfer your data from iPhone to computer freely. You can not only transfer iPhone text messages to computer, but also transfer photos, videos and contacts to PC easily.
Download iPhone Photos from iPhone to Computer with iPhoto
Although iPhoto is no longer supported by Apple, how do you transfer iPhone photos to Mac if you still have iPhoto? However, iPhoto can only help you transfer photos from iPhone camera to Mac.
Step 1 Connect your iPhone to Mac using a USB cable. If you have iPhoto on Mac, iPhoto will automatically recognize the device and pop up.
Step 2 Click your device in the left menu and then select target iPhone photos from the main interface.
Step 3 Click the Import Selected button and the selected photos will be quickly imported from iPhone to Mac.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac using Image Capture
Image Capture. This is another Apple app that can help you transfer photos from iPhone to Mac easily with a few clicks. It does not provide any organizational tools like iPhoto, but is useful for sorting images from various sources without the need for drivers.
Step 1 Connect your iPhone to Mac with a USB cable
Step 2 Select your iPhone from the device list if not selected and set the output folder for iPhone photos.
Step 3 Click the Import or Import All button to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac.
Use Windows File Explorer to Download Photos from iPhone to PC
File Explorer. it is a built-in feature of Windows PC with which you can view and manage files on your devices and drives.
Step 2 Under “Computer” for Windows 7 or “This PC” for Windows 8/10, enter “iPhone” drive “Internal storage” “DCIM”, all photos and videos from the iPhone camera roll are displayed.
Step 3 Then you can select the photos to transfer to Windows 7/8/10.
How to Import Photos from iPhone to PC
Got tons of photos on your iPhone? You might want to transfer photos from iPhone to your Mac or Windows PC for recovery. storage space on iPhone for movies and other large documents. This article is prepared for you on how to import photos from iPhone to Mac or PC with the introduction of several effective methods.
- Import Photos from iPhone to Mac
- Download Photos from iPhone to Windows PC
For Windows 8
Step 1 Connect your iPhone to your Windows 8 PC. Type “PC” and right click on the device to click “Import Pictures and Videos”.
Step 2 Click “Import all new items now” then click “Next”.
Step 3 Click the “Advanced” link “OK” “Next” after selecting the folder.
Step 4 Select the iPhone images you want to import and click the Import button.
Download Photos from iPhone to Windows PC
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac with Apple Photos App
The Photos app, a simpler photo manager and editor launched by Apple, has replaced iPhoto and Aperture. With this, you can also easily import photos from iPhone to Mac.
Step 1 Launch the Photos app on your Mac and connect iPhone to Mac with a USB cable.
Step 2 Click the Import tab in the top menu and then select the photos you want to transfer to Mac in the main interface.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC
Step 3 Click Import Selected XX or Import All New Items to import photos from iPhone to Mac.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer
How to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows and Mac, via cable and Wi-Fi
If you need to copy photo and video files from iPhone to your computer, there are several simple ways to do this: you can do it both via cable and Wi-Fi, as well as via the Internet.
This guide details the various ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows or Mac OS, as well as additional information that may be useful in the context of the topic in question. May also be helpful: How to open a HEIC photo file on a computer.
Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone over the Internet
Using cloud services to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to other devices, Mac and Windows computers is very convenient and simple, you can use:
- Apple’s own iCloud Photos sync: Simply turn on iCloud for Photos in your Apple ID settings on your phone to automatically upload them. These photos will be accessible on a Mac computer in the Finder, through a browser or from a Windows computer (for the latest options, see How to log into iCloud from a computer).
- Considering the fact that iCloud doesn’t give much space for free, and I have 1 TB in OneDrive and this service is integrated into Windows 10, I use it: install the OneDrive app on the iPhone, turn on automatic sync and your photos are always available online or on a computer with the same OneDrive account.
- If you previously used Android and Google Photos, you can install this application on your iPhone and it, as before, will upload the photos and videos you have taken to your Google account in original quality within limited storage or in a slightly compressed form, but without storage size limits.
If you prefer any other cloud storage, most likely it also has an iOS application with the ability to automatically transfer photos to the cloud for later access from a computer or other devices.
How to Copy Photos from iPhone to Windows Computer or Laptop
The easiest and fastest way to transfer videos and photos from iPhone to Windows is to use the cable. the one you use to charge. The steps will be as follows:
- Connect your iPhone with a cable to the computer and unlock the phone if it is locked.
- On the iPhone screen, you can see the request “Allow the device to access photos and videos” or “Trust this computer?”, Allow access if such a window appears.
- After a short time, Windows will configure a new device and your iPhone will be available in File Explorer.
- In the explorer, open Apple iPhone. Internal Storage. DCIM, inside there you will find additional folders that contain your photos and videos, which you can copy to the location you need.
Usually this method works without any flaws, but sometimes a problem is possible, the essence of which and the solution is described in a separate instruction: What to do if the Internal Storage and DCIM folder is empty on the iPhone when connected to a computer.
Transferring photos from iPhone to Windows computer using iTunes will not work (but copying in the opposite direction is possible). If the cable method does not suit you for some reason, go to the section on online photo sync.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
Similar to the previous methods, you can transfer photos from your iPhone to your MacBook, iMac, or another Mac OS computer using a cable (but there are wireless methods, which we’ll also touch on):
- Unlock your iPhone and connect with a cable to your Mac, if necessary, click “Trust”.
- The iTunes applications will open automatically on the Mac, we do not need it.
- Open the Photos app on your Mac or laptop, on the left, under Devices, select your iPhone. In the “Import to” field, select where to import the photos.
- If necessary, select specific photos that you want to transfer to iPhone, or click the “Import all new objects” button.
- By default, photos will appear in the Imported Items section, or in a new album you created in the Photos application. If required, you can export the photo as a file from this application at any time.
Also, in the “Devices” section of the “Photos” application, you can check the “Open Photos” item so that in the future, when the iPhone is connected, this application will open.
On Mac, this is not the only “built-in” method for transferring photos from iPhone, you can also:
- Use AirDrop file transfer on your iPhone (open the desired photo, press the Share button, turn on the AirDrop function (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth should be turned on on both devices).
- In the latest versions of Mac OS, you can open the context menu on the desktop (tap with two fingers on the touchpad or right click with the mouse) and select “Import from iPhone”. “Take photo”. The iPhone will automatically launch the camera, and after taking a picture, it will immediately appear on your Mac.
Some additional information to help you transfer photos from iPhone to computer without any problems:
- On modern iPhones, photos are captured and transferred to the PC in HEIC format, which is currently not supported by Windows by default. However, if you go to Settings. Photos on your iPhone and at the bottom of the settings in the “Transfer to Mac or PC” section, enable “Automatic”, then the next time you copy photos to your computer via cable, they will be transferred in a supported format (in fact, the option by for some reason does not always work).
- If you wish, you can purchase a special USB flash drive for the iPhone or an adapter for connecting memory cards and use them to copy photos, in detail about this in the article: How to connect a USB flash drive to an iPhone or iPad.
- There are ways to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to TV (even without Apple TV).
You can move photos wirelessly. The steps are the same as with iPhoto.
- The first step is to enable the device synchronization mode via a wireless connection. To do this, connect your device to your PC and then turn on iTunes.
- Select the connected device. It can be found on the left.
- Click on the “Overview” tab, then “Options”.
- Check the box next to the inscription: “Synchronize device via Wi-Fi”.
Synchronization over a wireless connection must also be configured on the phone itself.
- Open settings.
- Select “Basic”.
- Click “Sync with iTunes over Wi-Fi”.
Now with two-way sync, you can move, add files without using a cord.
- fast synchronization;
- you can transfer files without a cable connection.
- Internet is required;
- syncing different versions of Mac OS and iOS may cause problems.
Using iCloud functionality
In addition to using third-party resources, you can transfer images using cloud solutions. First, the user needs to set up a photo library.
- Click on the iCloud icon. If it is not there, then go to the “Settings” item, and then at the bottom find the cloud application.
- Check the amount of free memory in the storage. By default, the user has the right to use 5GB.
- Click on “Photos”.
- Next to iCloud Music Library, move the slider to the right to enable syncing. All photos will be uploaded to the cloud service.
- After that, the user can log into iCloud via PC to access the images from the computer.
- Turn on your computer. Open your web browser. Go to the official storage site https://www.iCloud.com/.
- Sign in with your current account.
- Click on “Photos”. All saved files are on the right.
- Mark the images by pressing the Ctrl (Command) combination LMB. A down arrow icon will appear at the top. click it to download the file.
- To automatically move photos to the storage, you need to move the “My Photo Stream” slider to the right.
- convenient storage;
- wide functionality;
- the ability to set up shared access to devices.
- limited amount of memory;
- availability of paid services;
- iCloud support from iOS 8.0 and above.
Instructions for Windows 8
- Go to the Photo Album app. You can find it through the search line or on the desktop. it is installed there by default.
- In the photo album window, press RMB, then “Import”.
- Select the connected device and click “Next”.
Photos will be saved inside a folder under the name of the move date.
Easy Ways to Move Photos from iPhone to Computer
Before transferring a photo from iPhone to a computer, the user will need a standard USB cable, a connection to a wireless Wi-Fi network, or the latest version of iTunes.
Using the import function for Windows
Instructions for transferring photos from iPhone to PC:
- Unlock your tablet, smartphone, if you have a password.
- Connect the USB cable to your mobile device, then to your personal computer.
- Allow PC access. In the iPhone dialog box, click Trust Device. On some devices you need to select “Allow”.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac OS?
You can transfer a photo from a mobile device to a Mac OS system as follows:
- Connect iPhone to computer, laptop. Make sure the phone recognizes it, installs all drivers on the PC.
- Using the built-in SpotLight application, enter the query “Image Capture” in the search line. Follow the result.
- A new window will open with photos on the device.
Select all the photos you want to transfer to your Mac, and click “Import”, in a pre-prepared folder.
- no need to download third-party programs;
- easy to use for exporting photos;
- operating systems quickly recognize each other.
- only photos are available;
- some photos may be damaged or not found.
Instructions for Windows 10
- Select the transfer method “From USB device”.
Select a device for transmission, a directory for saving information and mark the desired photos.
- high import speed;
- the quality of photos is not lost;
- detailed setting.
- does not support old firmware;
- may display the amount of data incorrectly.
Transferring photos through iTunes
The main program for editing, managing Apple media is iTunes. First of all, the user needs to download it from the manufacturer’s official website. and then install.
Step-by-step instructions for moving