NO.1 Free iPhone contact recovery software. Free iPhone data recovery
Free iPhone data recovery can work as an ideal iPhone contact recovery tool for iOS users. It can easily handle situations of losing iPhone / iPad / iPod contacts due to accidental deletion, jailbreak, iPhone software update, system crash and so on. This allows you to recover lost or deleted contact files from your iOS device, iTunes backup file and iCloud backup file. This iPhone contact recovery software is safe, reliable and easy to use.
- The best iOS data recovery tool to recover deleted / lost iPhone / iPad / iPod data.
- Recover deleted iOS data such as contacts, call logs, videos, notes, messages, etc. д.
- Backup all types of iPhone data to PC / Mac.
- Support iPhone 12/11 / XS Max / XS / XR / X / 8/7 / SE / 6, iPad Pro / Air / mini, iPod touch 7/6/5 and others.
- Retrieve various iOS files from iPhone directly without iTunes / iCloud backup.
Action to recover iPhone contacts:
This free iPhone contact recovery offers 3 recovery modes: “Recover from iOS device” and “Recover from iTunes backup files” and “Recover from iCloud backup files”. You need to choose the one that will help you get back your lost iPhone contacts. Click “Start Scanning” to scan any content that is lost and still exists in your iPhone.
New iCloud authorization
Contacts from iPhone can disappear for several reasons: synchronization problems, failure of a new software update, errors during recovery. After examining each cause separately, you can try to recover lost contacts on your iPhone.
One of the reasons for losing phone book can be iCloud sync failure. To solve this problem, you need to log out of your account and log back in with your Apple ID. To do this:
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone and go to your profile, displayed at the top.
- Scroll down and click “Exit.”. If you use the “Find iPhone” service, disable the feature by entering your Apple ID in the pop-up window.
- Make sure that the sliders are active near “Photos”, “Contacts” and other important settings, so that when you leave your account all the information will be saved in the cloud. The information will be deleted from the device, but it will remain in iCloud.
- Press “Exit.”.
After a few minutes, go to “Contacts” to check if the phone book is back. If all is well, the problem was in the sync. In case contacts still do not appear, follow the steps below.
How to restore / recover deleted contacts on iPhone (with / without backup)
Contacts. these are some of the most important files you have on your iPhone, especially if you are used to calling, emailing or corresponding with friends/family. So it must be terrible if you have mistakenly deleted one or more contacts. And worst of all, you don’t even have a backup.
How to restore deleted contacts from iPhone without backup?
Four methods are suggested to help you save your iPhone contacts. Continue reading to find your favorite.
How to recover deleted iPhone contacts
How to restore contacts on iPhone or iPad
Sometimes iOS users are faced with the need to restore the list of contacts from iCloud on their iPhone or iPad. In most cases, this is due to the purchase of a new smartphone (tablet) or reset the device to factory settings. Also, sometimes you can accidentally disable contact synchronization in the iCloud section of the device.
Here are some of the simplest steps required to restore contacts on your iPhone or iPad from Apple cloud storage.
To fully understand the process of storing and syncing contacts in iOS on iPhone and iPad, please read this material:
If you find that your phone book is empty, you can probably solve the problem in a couple of seconds.
It happens that so quickly you can restore the data on the iPhone. If in your case the phone book is still empty, then let’s explore further.
Restore contacts from iCloud.
You may have switched off the synchronization in iCloud, and your phone book is empty because of it.
- Move the slider to the active position near “Contacts” to enable synchronization, then the data will appear in the phonebook of your smartphone again.
You can check what is stored in your iCloud:
- To do so on a PC, go to the website.
- Enter your Apple ID to log in. If you’ve forgotten your password or username, learn how to restore your Apple ID in this blog post.
- The cloud will open and in it go to “Contacts” section. If you have phone numbers stored in your cloud, they will open on your PC.
- Press the “#” sign at the bottom to see the number of numbers that are in the cloud. If all is well, you have the data in iCloud and you can get it back on your iPhone.
- This will form all of your phone numbers into one business card that you can download to macOS. Save it so the phones are always at your fingertips.
- After that, on your smartphone in iCloud, turn off and on the slider next to the “Contacts” item again, as shown earlier.
- When you move the slider to the active position, the “Merge” caption will appear, click on it. That way, all the phone numbers will be available both on your iPhone and on your mac.
Check if all the phone numbers have been moved to the phonebook on the smartphone. Also press “#” and look at the number of numbers, it is the same as on the PC in the cloud? If the numbers match, all is well and you now know how to restore the numbers on your iPhone. If something went wrong, read the article next.
Recover contacts from iPhone backup.
Failed to recover the phones? No time to get discouraged, let’s keep trying:
- Go back to your PC in the cloud.
- In the upper right corner, click on the down arrow next to your name and select “Account Settings” in the drop down window.
- Once you click this button, all the phone numbers that are now in the cloud and on the iPhone will be replaced with the data from this backup.
- After restoring your data, go to Settings on your PC (they are in the top left corner) → Contacts. Check to see if everything is okay.
If the phone numbers show up, go back to the cloud on your iPhone, turn off and on phone sync as you did before.
This is exactly how you’ll recover the data on your iPhone. If you don’t find any backups in the cloud, it indicates that you haven’t synced your devices, so check all your iPhone and iCloud settings before restoring. Follow all the tips you find in the article and you will definitely be able to recover the phonebook on your iPhone.
In addition to using standard tools, you can also use third-party software, one example of which is the utility IBackupBot, which is installed on your computer, works with backups on iTunes. In this case:
- download the program from the official site. http://www.icopybot.com/iTunes-backup-manager.htm and install it on PC;
- immediately after launching will start scanning files for backups on the iTunes server;
- after the process is complete, the left side of the screen in the Backups section will display a list of found backups. select the appropriate one;
- expand the file menu;
- choose “Dublicate” and specify the path to save the backup in case you lose the main version;
- in the “Whats in Backup” block click “Contacts”;
- The list of contacts found will open, select what to restore;
- expand the “Export” menu and click “Export as vCard file”;
- you can skip the registration window, because the free version of the program is enough for this operation;
- specify the folder to save the information;
- transfer the saved file to the phone by any convenient way;
- Open it on your smartphone, then save it to your phonebook.
Restore contacts on Android
There are two common methods for Android users to recover deleted contacts. If your Android device is synced with your Google account, you can easily recover contacts using Gmail. Or you can use Android data recovery tool to retrieve deleted/lost contacts from your Android phone memory or SIM card.
How to restore Google contacts from Gmail
With Gmail automatically adding every contact you communicate with, it becomes very convenient to recover contacts from Gmail if you accidentally deleted a contact.
Step 1 Go to Gmail in your browser.
Step 2 Tap Gmail in the top left corner and select Contacts from the drop-down menu.
Step 3 Click “” in the drop-down list from your contacts list.
Step 4 Select Recover Contacts.
How to recover contacts with Android Data Recovery
To easily and safely recover deleted or formatted contacts on your Android phone, we suggest you use Android contact recovery utility. Here can be considered the most professional Android Data Recovery.
- Recover lost / deleted / formatted contacts on Android in just a few clicks.
- Get contacts from Android phone memory or SIM card.
- Save deleted Android contacts as a VCF, CSV or HTML file for printing.
- Preview all contact information including name, phone number, email address, company address, etc. Д., Before you restore.
- Compatible with almost all smartphone brands, including HTC, Samsung, Motorola, Sony, ZTE, LG, Huawei and so on.
Now download this Android contact recovery software for free and follow these steps to recover contacts on your Android phone.
Step 1 Connect your Android phone/tablet to your computer
Connect your Android phone to your computer via USB cable. The phone will be automatically detected by the computer.
Step 2 Open USB debug mode
A pop-up message will appear to allow USB debugging on the Android phone/tablet to access the connected device.
For Android 2.3 and previous versions : Press “Settings” app “Apps” “Development” “USB Debugging. For Android 3.0. 4.1 : Go to “Settings” “Developer Options” “USB Debugging. For Android 4.Select “Settings”, “About phone” and later versions. Select “build number” several times until “You are in developer mode” message appears. Go back to “Settings” “Developer options” “USB Debugging.
Step 3 Select the contact to scan the device
When you manage to connect your Android to your computer, you will be prompted to select the types of files to recover. The program allows you to recover contacts, Messages, call logs, photos, videos, audio, documents, etc. д. Click Contacts, then click “Next” to scan your device.
Step 4 Restore contacts
Within seconds, the scanning process will be complete. Click Contacts in the left list, and you can view all the contacts in your phone. Deleted contacts are marked in red. Check your desired contacts and click Recover, soon you will save the deleted contacts to your computer.
Contacts and phonebook on iPhone are missing, what to do?
Despite the fact that smartphones have been continuously optimized in recent years, offer reliable solutions for storing important data and in many moments “think for us”, sometimes owners manage to accidentally “erase” some meaningful and difficult to recover information. For example, all phonebook data. Even though iPhones and other smartphones provide synchronization of all numbers, no one is safe from accidental loss of contacts.
What to do if the user discovers that all the contacts on the iPhone have disappeared? What could be the causes of lost contacts, how to avoid them, and how to recover contacts? We will talk about all this in today’s article, and also give some practical tips on using the address book.
What devices this article is suitable for
The function of storing a wide list of numbers in the phonebook. One of the very first and most basic. Therefore, the information that we will share today in the article will be relevant for all iPhone models currently in active use, that is:
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 6/6 plus
- iPhone 7/7 plus
- iPhone 8/8 plus
- iPhone X/XS/XR/XS Max
- iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max
- iPhone 12/12mini/12 Pro/12 Pro Max.
Why the iPhone is missing contacts: the reasons
There can be several reasons for the sudden disappearance of contacts without directly deleting them by the owner. Let’s look at these situations:
Disappearing contacts after the following actions: iPhone repair, reflash, restore, factory reset
After such complicated manipulations it will be possible to restore contacts only from iCloud cloud storage by entering your Apple ID:
To check if Contacts is stored in the cloud storage, go to iCloud in Settings
- Once you are logged in, check to see if Contacts is active in the list of all apps. If yes. contacts will be restored from iCloud (if not. activate by moving the button to the green position). After that, your contacts will be restored to your device from the cloud storage by entering your Apple ID password. If recovery did not happen. it means they have not been synced to the cloud before and you will not be able to get them back.
Check if iCloud is activated (if not. connect), and wait for the numbers to be restored to the device after entering the password from your account
all or part of the contacts are lost after getting the iPhone to someone else (not the owner)
How to Restore lost iPhone Contacts, Calendars, Reminders and Files
Maybe the iPhone fell into the hands of children, or any strangers, and when you returned it, you found an empty (or partially empty) contacts section. Or the owner may have given his former device to his relatives for use without taking care to change his Apple ID. That is, another person started using your account. This is a hopeless situation, because the new owner will dispose of the phonebook in his own way, and every time he “catches” the Wi-Fi the iPhone will sync the changes with the cloud storage iCloud. so the first owner of the device can’t restore his numbers from the Cloud.
All or part of your contacts have disappeared after your Gmail/third-party mail service
In this case, the loss of important numbers could have happened because the user could have enabled data synchronization not only with iCloud, but also with Gmail (or another service). Confusion arises: because of the two storage locations, contacts may double up on the iPhone, some of them may be saved in one storage, and the other. otherwise.
Therefore, the first thing you need to know whether there is a similar double synchronization on your device.
Let’s go to Accounts via the “Contacts” item in the Settings to check which accounts are active
- Now look in the list, which accounts are activated, and whether synchronization of contacts is used in more than one of them (it is written under each in the smaller font, which applications are synchronized). We choose the one, in which it is not necessary to synchronize contacts, and, having entered it, “turn off” the synchronization of contacts by moving the slider to the passive position.
Check in which accounts synchronization of contacts is active, and disable it in accounts other than Aycloud
- Next, click to confirm the “Delete from iPhone. It turns out that the numbers that were synchronized with this service will be erased from the iPhone memory. However, they remain on the server itself and, if necessary, they can be added to the device again (to do this you will need to go to the Google website https://contacts.google.(from PC, and exporting them to iPhone).
Confirm the removal of contacts from your iPhone to stop the final synchronization with the other server, not iCloud
If due to some reason the user needs to synchronize contacts with a server other than iCloud (it is not preferable, but there are different situations), it is advisable to make that server the primary one and select that server as a default account. In the same way, go to “Contacts” in the Settings and select “Account”.default account”. and check the box next to the required account.
Exit through the Contacts to the “Account” item.Default account” to set the account of the desired server as the primary one
Check the box next to the server that you’d like to make the main one
Check if Contacts are saved in iCloud
Before you start recovering all the contacts on your iPhone, you should first check whether they are saved in iCloud.
It is very easy to find out, just go to the iCloud website from your PC.com, enter your Apple ID data, then go to Contacts:
Go to the iCloud site, check the availability of numbers in the cloud phone book
Here on the website we can work with the database of numbers. Change or add information, import and export numbers.
How to recover missing contacts
- Take iPhone, go to Settings, open the topmost section with Apple ID and iCloud. Sign in to iCloud and log in by entering your account information.
To recover contacts from iCloud, go to the settings section with the same name
- Check the box next to “Contacts” and select “Merge contacts” in the window that appears. All numbers from your phone will be merged with the numbers in iCloud and will start uploading contacts from the Cloud to your device, which will take a couple of minutes.
Check the box “Contacts” in the active position to start the upload of numbers from Aicloud
If you have authorized contacts before this step and checked them, but they are still not visible on the device. the engine must be deactivated, and in the window that appears, select the “Delete from iPhone” option. Then follow the instructions of the previous step.
If the contacts have been previously activated, but are not visible in iPhone, deactivate and delete them, and then follow the instructions from the previous point
Even in the situation when all the numbers have been erased and from iCloud, Apple gives you the option to restore the deleted data within thirty days.
How to competently store contacts on the iPhone
To avoid getting into the above-mentioned situations, as a consequence of which contacts can disappear, you should use the Contacts app correctly and work with them competently. Here are some practical tips for storing phone numbers on your iPhone:
First, try not to let other people use your iPhone. If there is such a need, do not give them your account information, it is better to have a separate account for the new user.
Secondly, it is always recommended to synchronize contacts exactly with iCloud, because this service is developed as a basic cloud storage for all important data of the iPhone owners.
Third, when using synchronization with iCloud, it is not recommended to use additional synchronization with other services. This will lead to data confusion.
So, today’s article covers a hot topic. What to do if you suddenly lost contacts on your iPhone, what could be the reasons for this. We looked at how to check if your contacts section is synchronized with the cloud storage iCloud, explained why you shouldn’t synchronize your contacts on iCloud and other servers at the same time, and explained in detail how to restore phone numbers from the Cloud. We hope the instructions are clear and straightforward, and now every user, even a beginner, can do the described steps with ease.
How to check if you have contacts in iCloud without an iPhone?
It’s very easy to do. open the iCloud website on any computer.com, enter your Apple ID account details and go to the Contacts web app.
In the browser version of the iCloud service you can edit the address book, import and export contacts, and restore saved archive copies.