Pinfinder: Help you quickly remember forgotten password restrictions on iPhone and iPad
One of the most commonly forgotten passwords on iPhone or iPad is the restrictions passcode. The fact is that the phone rarely asks for a password set for restrictions (unlike a regular password), mostly users encounter it when trying to reset the settings (and not only). There is no standard or factory password for iPhone restrictions in the iOS firmware, since this password is disabled by default from the box, the user comes up with it during operation. There is no universal master code for resetting such a password either. What to do?
If you have forgotten the iPhone restrictions password and cannot remember it, then earlier we tried to reset it like this. “Instructions for resetting a forgotten iOS restrictions password”, the method still works. Today, thanks to the commentator with the nickname Vit (thanks to Bro), we will try out another way to restore access to the iPhone restrictions settings. As it turned out, the iPhone restrictions password can not only be reset, removed, erased, but also found out! Go.
To find out the forgotten iPhone restrictions password (iPad or iPod) you need:
- Computer with iTunes installed
- Pinfinder program
- iPhone with a forgotten restriction passcode (or rather, its backup)
- You need to know the iOS version of your iPhone or iPad
Before we start, I will briefly explain how the restrictions password will be restored. It’s simple, Pinfinder will decrypt and extract the password from the backup of our iPhone.
Backing up to iTunes
We launch iTunes and connect the iPhone with the forgotten password restrictions to the computer. In the top bar of iTunes, click on the iPhone icon that appears.
In the side panel, select. “Overview”. In the backup section, select “This computer” and click “Create a copy now”. The described steps are for firmware up to iOS 11 inclusive. If you have iOS 12 and higher, then before clicking. Create a copy, you must check the encryption box, the fact is that Apple has changed the algorithm for saving the restriction password in new firmware.
Most importantly, if you have firmware up to iOS 11, so that the “Encrypt local copy” checkbox is by no means ticked, if you have one, then you need to remove it by specifying your backup password. If the backup is encrypted, then the password for restrictions in Pinfinder will not be recognized.
For iOS 12 and higher firmwares, when creating a backup for Pinfinder, you need an encrypted backup, so in new firmware we check the box. Encrypt local copy. Don’t forget your encryption password.
The program synchronizes the iPhone and places a backup copy in the computer’s memory. All of the above can be skipped if your iTunes previously automatically backed up your iPhone (with a forgotten restriction password). You can view the availability of backups in the iTunes settings, more details here. “Creating backups in iTunes”.
Where to download Pinfinder
To decrypt the restrictions password, the Pinfinder program is used, to download it, do the following:
In the browser of a computer connected to the Internet, paste the link below or just click on this link: https://github.com/gwatts/pinfinder/releases
Downloading Pinfinder to remove password restrictions in iOS
In the window that opens, select the Pinfinder version for your version of the Windows, Mac or Linux operating system. If you have Windows, then take into account the bitness of the operating system, how to determine the bit depth is described here. “Windows 32 or 64 bit”.
Find out iPhone restrictions password in Pinfinder
Pinfinder is 1 megabyte in size. After downloading, you do not need to install the program, you just need to unpack the archive and run the program.
Pinfinder will recover forgotten restriction password. For iPad and iPhone
Once launched, Pinfinder automatically finds the iPhone backup and learns the forgotten restriction password of your iPhone or iPad. The password displays on the right side in the RESTRICTION section. It took about 10 seconds to recover the iPhone and iPad restriction settings password.
In general, that’s all. Having learned the restrictions password, go through. Settings. General. Restrictions and enter the password. Here you can disable this password or change it to a new one. Now you know another way to quickly recover and remove restrictions passcode in your iPhone.
Forgot iPhone restrictions passcode? 2 ways to remove this code!
Hello everyone! Recently, an interesting situation happened to me. in order to respond to a comment, I needed to rummage through the settings of my iPhone and see if it was possible to set restrictions on a certain program in iOS. As usual, I open “Settings. General. Restrictions”, run into the sign “Enter restrictions passcode” and understand that
I just don’t remember these four numbers!
Of course, in the end everything ended well, but a similar situation made me think about this If even I, a person constantly poking around in the iPhone and iPad, somehow managed to forget the restrictions password, then what can we say about an ordinary user who uses this setting once a year, and even then on major holidays?
How to restore your iPhone if you forgot your passcode. Apple Support
Most likely, many will not even remember the fact that they put this code at all. Not to mention some numbers there. And now what i can do? So go without access to all the settings? Of course not. There are two whole options for solving this problem. Go!
By the way, remember. there is no “factory”, “factory”, “standard” password. The code is set by the user himself when opening the restrictions settings for the first time.
Remove password completely
There is only one way to delete the code without knowing it. by restoring the firmware. There is nothing difficult about this:
- Connect iPhone to a computer with iTunes installed.
- Click restore.
But no. This method has very big disadvantages:
- Yes, you get rid of password restrictions. But absolutely all information will also be deleted from the device.!
- Thinking of restoring data from a backup? Here, too, there are “troubles”. After all, if the copy was created at the moment when the code was already installed, then when it is restored, the restrictions password will be returned to the device.
In general, the method is working, but not very convenient. there are too many reservations when using it. Fortunately, there are other options
Find out the code
Yes it is possible. And most importantly, we don’t even need to strain our memory and remember a forgotten password. A special program will do everything for us!
This very program “pulls” the code from the backup. Accordingly, the computer must have at least one copy that includes the restriction password. If you don’t have one yet, just create it right now through iTunes.
- Follow the link and download the latest current version for your operating system.
- We launch the program and after a few seconds we see the required four digits.
Victory! All that remains is to remember them and never forget 🙂 And finally, a few questions and answers:
- And this is a safe program. can it be used at all? Can. Especially considering the fact that it is openly posted on GitHub (the world’s largest resource for hosting IT projects and their joint development).
- What versions of iOS does it work with? I have tested it working on iOS 10, 11 and 12. everything is fine. However, judging by the description, absolutely any firmware version is supported starting from iOS 7 (inclusive).
As you can see, everything is very simple, multifunctional and safe. Nothing complicated! However, if something does not work out for you or if you have any questions, be sure to write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, we will try to figure it out together and find a solution.!
Updated! I completely forgot one very important thing when using PinFinder. Since the password is “pulled” from the backup, you need to remember this. this very backup should not be encrypted. Otherwise PinFinder will swear and give an error. How do I remove encryption? It’s simple. connect the iPhone, launch iTunes and uncheck the corresponding menu item.
However, at the moment this setting (encryption) is no longer relevant, since
Updated 2! To be honest, I did not even expect such attention to my modest blog, but the author of the program (Gareth Watts) unsubscribed in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев (for which he thanks a lot!) And said that a new version of PinFinder 1.6.0 has been released. Support for encrypted backups is declared. now it is not necessary to disable encryption in iTunes in order to find out the iPhone restrictions password. Just super!
Updated 3! A new version of the program has been released. PinFinder 1.7.1. What’s new? There is support for iOS 12. now you can find out the “Screen Time Passcode” (formerly “Restrictions”) without any problems. Hooray. True, in iOS 12 Apple slightly revised its security policy and now the Screen Time passcode can only be retrieved from an encrypted backup. Remember this and be careful!
Recover using a deleted iCloud service
This method is almost the same as the previous one. But you can be far from home and your home computer, in another city or another country. You can unlock iPhone via iCloud if you have enabled the “Find My Phone” option before.
- Go to iCloud.com from any device.
- Enter your Apple ID.
- Go to the “All devices” section and select the desired gadget.
- Select the line “erase iPhone” (Erase).
All data on the device will be erased, it will be unlocked. Then you can connect the gadget to iTunes at a convenient time and use the backup to restore.
This method only works if the locked phone is connected to WI-FI or mobile internet. And if you know your ID.
Recovery Mode to Unlock iPhone if Forgot Password
This method can be used only if you know the Apple ID of the device and the password to which the device is linked in the iCloud menu. If you dare to restore a locked iPhone without this information, and activation lock is installed on it using the “find my phone” function, the device will turn into a “brick”.
It is worth using the recovery mode if you want to reset the password on a locked iPhone 6, 7, 8, X, XS, XR. This may be needed if you don’t know, don’t remember the password, couldn’t find it.
- Turn off your phone.
- Connect it to your computer.
- Select Recovery Mode from the menu that appears.
- Turn on iTunes, click OK and then “Restore iPhone”.
- If a message appears about auto-checking for updates, click on the “check” button.
- Then click “Repair and Update” on the next screen. You will be warned that all data from the gadget will be deleted.
IMPORTANT: on some firmware versions, an error appears (3004): Failed to restore iPhone. To cope with this, close all browsers and make Internet Explorer your default browser by launching it and agreeing to the offer in the displayed window.
If you downloaded the firmware in advance (for example, because the Internet is slow on your computer), then the “restore iPhone” button in iTunes must be pressed while holding down the Shift key. Then a window will appear where you can enter the path to the firmware file.
Why you need to urgently unlock your iPhone with really working methods?
We will not talk about cases when someone else’s phone fell into your hands. In this case, it is still better to return it to the owner. But still, atypical situations may arise:
The Face ID function has stopped working (the scanner is broken, does not respond). Yes, the situation is not the most common, but it happens.
The fingerprint scanner is broken, the settings are out of order,
Thinking while twirling the phone in your hands, and spent ten attempts to scan your fingerprint,
You only used the password, but you cannot remember it and attempts to recover have been exhausted,
The phone fell into the hands of a child who entered incorrect information 10 times, and now the gadget is blocked,
The child set the password while playing and does not remember it.
You bought a gadget off hand and did not check if it is ready to work with you. In this case, it is worth not only recovering the password, but first make sure that your gadget is not listed as hijacked. This can be done by entering the serial number on the Apple website: the device must have a Clean status. Although, if this is not the case, we generally do not recommend that you pay money for such a dubious purchase.
You bought a device handheld and the previous owner did not unactivate the device in iCloud.
Top 5 Ways to Unlock iPhone
How to unlock iPhone via iTunes
So, if you entered the wrong password more than 9 times or used the recognition scanner on the gadget, then the smart operating system will turn off the device, lock and deactivate it. In order to prevent fraudsters from accessing personal data (for example, passwords from wallets, your personal photos and contacts), all content on the device will be deleted.
And it will end well if you have done an iPhone backup restore to iTunes on a regular basis. In this case, in order to reset the phone, you will need an authorized computer.
- Connect iPhone to computer with cable, turn on iTunes.
- To force restart your phone on iPhone X, XS and XR, and iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, press and quickly release the volume up button, then volume down. Then keep pressing the side button until the recovery mode screen appears. (program icon). On iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, press the Side and Volume buttons at the same time. On iPhone 6s, press the Home button and the Top or Side key.
- Select “restore phone” in the window that appears.
- If you saved system backups during synchronization, after downloading the software, you will be prompted to use them to write to your phone. Agree.
- Set up the newly turned on phone and use it.
Resetting the Wrong Attempts Counter
Did you leave your iPhone on the coffee table and was grabbed by a curious child? Returning from the bathroom, they found that their beloved phone had turned into a piece of iron. But you know the password, you just need another chance! In this case, you can simply reset the counter of incorrect attempts and re-enter the desired combination, or use Face ID on your iPhone X, XS or XR.
You can reset the counter of incorrect attempts to enter a password on the phone on a computer with which the gadget has already been synced at least once.
- We connect the phone to the computer with a cable.
- In the “Devices” menu, select the item “Synchronize with” Instead of dots. the name of the device.
- As soon as syncing starts, stop it by clicking the cross at the top of iTunes. The phone will return to the password entry window. Make no mistake this time.
By the way, you won’t be able to reset the password and the counter of attempts by “Hard reset”: you must admit, it would be too easy for intruders.
It will also not work to connect the phone to someone else’s computer: in this case, you must first press the “trust” button on the phone. But you will not be able to do this since the screen is locked.
Installing new firmware via DFU mode on iPhone if you forgot your password
If soft recovery does not help, then it remains to use a hard reset to install the new firmware. This task can be solved in DFU mode. To get there on the iPhone 6 and 6s, simultaneously press the Home and Power buttons and hold for 10 seconds.
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, the procedure is different:
- Connect your phone to iTunes.
- Hold down the volume down and off buttons, hold until the phone turns off. Release only the Power button.
- In DFU mode, the screen should be black, no iTunes icon.
- On the computer screen, the program will offer to check for updates, after clicking the “Check” button, it will inform you that the phone is in recovery mode. Click OK and reinstall the firmware (it’s better to download it in advance).
Can’t Unlock iPhone After iOS Update
If you’ve synced your iPhone to iTunes, you can restore your iPhone to factory settings to erase the password and then restore from a backup.
Connect iPhone to the computer you synced with. Launch iTunes and create a backup of your device. After backup, click “Restore iPhone”
On the setup screen, click “Restore from iTunes Backup” when you see this option.
Select your device in iTunes and choose a backup. Look at the creation date and size of each backup and choose the one that suits you best. After installation, you can set a new password.
Forgot Your iPhone Passcode? Here’s How You Can Regain Access!. XS/XR/X/8/7/6
Reset iPhone password via iTunes
- Put the device into DFU mode. You can find instructions
- Then connect to iTunes and wait until the program recognizes the device in recovery mode.
- Click on the “Restore” button.
The same trick, only with Recovery Mode step by step and clearly described in
If you didn’t find the answer to your question or something didn’t work out for you, and there is no suitable solution in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев below, ask your question through ours. It’s fast, simple, convenient and doesn’t require registration. You will find answers to your own and other questions in the section.
“My iPhone 7 asked for a password after updating a new iOS system, when I entered the password, it does not work. I know it is correct. What does this mean and how can I fix this problem?”
Most iPhone users have set a password on their device to protect the security of sensitive information. But lately, some people have been complaining that they cannot unlock iPhone after iOS 12 update. The cause of this problem is most likely an iOS software glitch or malfunctioning. Currently, the only way to fix the wrong code is to erase the old one and install the new one. Follow the below methods to check how to do it.
Unlocking iPhone with iCloud.
You can use this method if Find My iPhone was turned on on your iPhone.
- We go from another device or computer to the iCloud.com/find page.
- When prompted, sign in with your Apple ID.
- At the top of the browser window, click on the drop-down list “All devices”.
- Choosing the iPhone you want to unlock.
- Click “Erase” to delete all data and password.
- After the end, we restore the data from the backup or re-configure the iPhone.
To unlock a smartphone using the latest method, it must be connected to a cellular network or Wi-Fi. Otherwise, data exchange will not be possible.
You can successfully unlock iPhone using any of the above methods. When choosing, be guided by which one will be most convenient for you. If you saved a backup copy, then it is advisable to use the iTunes program, if not, then it is easier to erase data in recovery mode.
If it is impossible to connect the locked iPhone to the computer, you can use the last method.
Your iPhone is locked when you see this message on the locked screen: iPhone is disabled. In some cases, the message says “iPhone is disabled, try again in 1/5/15/60 minutes.” And some people even see the crazy “iPhone is off for 24 million minutes”! In other cases, you see that “iPhone is disconnected, please connect to iTunes.” So why is your iPhone disabled? And how to reset iPhone 7/7 Plus passcode on iOS 10/11 so you can access your phone again. Here are the answers.
IPhone password code where to find. Forgot iPhone password: instructions for solving the problem. Find out iPhone restrictions password in Pinfinder
Every iPhone or iPad user is faced with the need to remember up to three different passwords:
- ID (iCloud account, App Store, Find My iPhone);
- restriction functions;
- and lock the screen of the iOS device.
About what to do in cases if or has already been told, now let’s deal with the situation of locking the iPhone or iPad screen.
Despite the fact that the lock password is used very often, users of mobile devices continue to easily forget it. However, this is not difficult if passwords change frequently, it was installed in an inconvenient place and at an inconvenient time with a bunch of distractions or by someone else (for example, a child). As a result, the question arises. what to do?
Unlock and Reset iPhone Password in iTunes.
If your smartphone was previously synced with iTunes, you can restore it using the method described below.
- We connect the iPhone to the computer on which the synchronization was carried out.
- We open the iTunes program. If you are prompted for a password, you can try using a different computer (or you will have to erase the memory in recovery mode, as described above).
- We are waiting for iTunes to sync and back up the device.
- After creating a backup, select the “Restore device” item in the menu.
- During the recovery process, the setup screen will appear. Click “Restore from a copy”.
- Select your device in iTunes. We check the dates of creation of each backup, we also pay attention to their size. We select the most suitable copy and start its recovery.
How to Reset iPhone Lock Password in iCloud
IMPORTANT. At the end of the procedure, all data stored on the iPhone / iPad will be erased. At the end of the reset procedure, you will receive an unlocked, but absolutely “clean” device (provided that there is no backup copy).
If these points are taken into account, we put aside the locked device for a while and turn to your PC.
Open your browser and go to iCloud.com
Open the All Devices list. Your device, iPhone or iPad, must be online (green circle).
Click on the name of the device, after which three buttons will become available to you. Play Sound, Lost Mode and Erase iPhone / iPad. Click on “Erase iPhone / iPad”, confirm your action in the dialog box that appears and enter your iCloud password (Apple ID).
Wait until the end of the data deletion procedure, and then configure the mobile device. In this case, the lock password is not required, but at one of the configuration steps you will need to create a new password to lock the screen.
Unlock iPhone Password in Recovery Mode (DFU).
This method of erasing information from iPhone allows you to unlock your smartphone in any situation. even if you have not previously synced it with iTunes and have not activated Find My iPhone in iCloud. During the recovery process, all settings and data on the smartphone will be erased, incl. and lock password.
- We connect the iPhone to the computer. Opening iTunes.
- We perform a forced restart of the device. To do this, turn on and continue to hold two buttons at the same time. The first of them is “Sleep / Wake up”, the second depends on the smartphone model. Restarting iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus requires pressing the volume down button. If you have an iPhone 6s or earlier, press the Home button. We hold both buttons until the recovery mode appears on the display.
- When the display prompts you to update or restore, select “Restore”. After that, the device recovery program is launched, which loads the software into it. If it was not possible to complete the process in 15 minutes, the iPhone will exit this mode and steps 2 and 3 will have to be repeated.
- After the restoration is complete, you will need to set up your iPhone and you can use it.