How to Factory Reset iPhone Without Apple ID Password in 2021
Modern mobile devices have many levels of protection, which often make the system inaccessible not only for intruders and outsiders, but also for the owners themselves. The reason is trivial, because both old and young people can forget the entered password, especially if they are often changed to enhance the security of the gadget, which can be fraught with similar consequences. And everything would be fine, but only the number of attempts to enter the coveted cipher is limited, so you should never rush to try all possible combinations so as not to block the device.
How to Factory Reset iPhone 5, 5S, 6S, 4C, SE without Apple ID
Naturally, it is possible to change the account settings only if the information about the previous data has not been lost. In all other cases, you will have to reset the basic parameters of the smartphone or tablet to the factory settings, which is fraught with the complete loss of personal data. It is quite simple to insure yourself against such consequences, because you can always dump all information from Apple products to a PC or hard drive in time, using such a universal tool as iTunes.
As for the very algorithm of actions for resetting the settings, it is not difficult, assuming a transition to the settings menu, and then to the section “Password and Security”. For the reset itself, you will have to strain your brains and remember all the secret answers to questions, trusted phone numbers and mailboxes, as well as recovery keys that were specified by the user during registration.
It is also worth noting that you can implement your plan not only from this iPhone, but also from a device paired with it using the same Apple ID.
Things will be much more difficult if the user forgets all security questions at once, or loses access to synchronized devices operating from a shared account. Nevertheless, today even such problems are easily and quickly solved, albeit through the use of third-party software such as “Apple Support” and “Find iPhone”.
The first application is supported by Apple devices running iOS12 and later versions of the proprietary operating system. As for its use to reset user data, immediately after downloading the software from the AppStore to the gadget system, it is recommended to act in accordance with the following instructions:
- First of all, you need to go to the “Get support” section, which can be seen at the bottom of the device display.
- Next, from the entire list, select the tab “Apple ID” and “Forgot your password”.
- The next step involves clicking on the option “Another password”.
After going through the specified chain, you should reset the code, following the instructions, which may differ slightly depending on the type and model of the device. The Find iPhone program is no less effective in solving this problem, moreover, it is suitable not only for the 12th version of the operating system, but also for its earlier versions (and therefore for older devices), starting with the 9th Factory reset works in this application according to the following principle:
- Immediately after entering the software, you must make sure that the field is free of any characters. If this is not the case, then you will have to manually delete the entered data.
- Then click on the command “Forgot your ID or password?” and all the necessary reset manipulations are performed.
If the input screen remains inaccessible, then there is always the opportunity to exit and re-check the state of the field to enter the verification code. And if this time it is empty, then you can safely bring the started business to its logical conclusion.
How to solve the problem through iTunes if you forgot your password
ITunes is considered to be one of the most multifunctional devices for Apple, which helps to quickly and easily restore a locked iPhone. But it is enough just to enter the wrong code several times in a row or use the biometric scanner incorrectly for the phone to go out completely. Therefore, in such situations, it always makes sense in a PC with iTunes installed on it.
In this case, for the recovery itself through the application, the following step-by-step algorithm of actions is provided:
- Connect the smartphone to the PC via the supplied cable.
- Try to force restart the gadget by quickly pressing the plus and minus of the volume control (relevant for models “8”, “8 Plus” and older). If you use earlier versions, such as “6s”, then it makes sense to simultaneously hold down two keys at once. “Home” and “Power / Volume”. But the activation of an extinct iPhone in almost all devices is carried out in the same way, or to be more precise, by pressing and holding the side controller for a long time.
- If the iPhone has been restored to its senses, then you should select the restore option and synchronize, along the way agreeing to save the previously made backup file copies in the device’s memory.
At the final stage, the phone is reconfigured, after which it will not hurt to write out the saved code and password in some notebook or diary, so that one not very fine day the user does not have to restore this data again.
What is an Apple ID password and why it is dangerous to forget it
One of these security codes is the Apple ID password, found exclusively in Apple products from Cupertino. And unlike many other locking tools, the use of this key is mandatory, and from the very beginning of the device’s operation, that is, from the moment of its first setup.
In the first case, the user is prompted to enter a name written in Latin with the obligatory ending “@ iCloud.com”, while the password requires a combination of numeric and alphabetic characters with the obligatory use of uppercase and capital letters.
It is noteworthy that to create your Apple account it is not at all necessary to purchase a new device, because you can register on the official website appled.Apple.com, doing it completely free.
In this case, it is not at all necessary to tie up your bank card data, despite the fact that the system will request them. over, if you do not intend to use iTunes or any other paid Apple services, then it is better not to tie the card at all, since by agreeing to a 3-month free subscription to any application, its owner risks receiving an automatic withdrawal of funds after the specified period.
It should be noted that it will not be possible to do without accounting, not only at the initial stage of operation, but also in the future, since access to the AppStore and any other built-in service of the company without an Apple ID continues to be impossible.
But changing the secret code-password is quite real, and completely free of charge and as much as your heart desires. To do this, go to the “Account Management” menu and enter a new password with a mandatory duplicate confirmation, using for this purpose any synchronized device with the same ID.
Password recovery methods
It is worth noting that an almost identical method for recovering user information is provided when using the iCloud cloud storage service. But that’s not all, because there are a lot of life hacks for changing the password. And it is definitely worth taking a closer look at the following ones:
- Resetting the counter of incorrect password attempts.
- Using iPhone recovery mode, relevant only if the ID is known.
- Installing new firmware using a special DFU-mode, used when the previously performed manipulations were not effective enough.
It is noteworthy that all of these recovery tools are also based on iTunes, in most cases asking for an ID. But if the user cannot boast of such a privilege, and none of the methods works, then it is necessary to check all paired devices for logging into iCloud, and also exclude the presence of activated 2-factor authentication. Alternatively, you can try to fix the problem in the following ways:
- Click on the “Forgot ID or Password” option, after going to the account page.
- Select the item “Reset password” and confirm it with the command “Continue”.
- Decide on the method of resetting data by choosing an answer to security questions or sending a confirmation to an email address.
It is also worth recalling that when requesting a recovery key, you will have to pass verification in two stages, entering not only the user-specified identifier, but also the requested key. Next, a trusted gadget is selected, the changes are confirmed using the link sent to the specified address, a reset is performed, and a new password is specified. Voila! iPhone is restored and ready for further use without the slightest threat to user security.
How to turn off Find My iPhone
Perhaps the easiest and fastest way to reset is through the settings of the phone itself.
At the end of the window that opens, select the “Reset” button.
Factory reset iPhone
Hard resetting your device will erase all information previously contained on it, including settings and downloaded content. This will restore it to the state it was in after purchase. You can perform a reset in different ways, each of which will be discussed in detail below.
Note that you can only zero your device using the first three methods if the Find iPhone tool is disabled on the device. That is why, before we move on to the analysis of these methods, we will consider how the protective function is deactivated.
The following method of restoring a gadget via iTunes is only suitable if the gadget was previously paired with your computer and the program. But in situations where recovery is required to be performed on someone else’s computer, for example, to remove the password from the phone, using the recovery mode is suitable.
- Unplug your phone completely and then connect it to your computer using the original USB cable. Launch iTunes. Until the phone will be detected by the program, since it is in an inactive state. It is at this moment that you will need to enter it into recovery mode in one of the ways, the choice of which depends on the gadget model:
- iPhone 6S and younger Simultaneously hold down two keys: “Home” and “Power”. Hold them until the phone screen turns on;
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus. Since this device does not have a physical Home button, it will enter recovery mode in a slightly different way. To do this, hold down the “Power” and volume down keys. Keep holding until the smartphone turns on.
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus and iPhone X. In the latest models of Apple devices, the principle of entering Recovery Mode has been quite changed. Now, to put your phone into recovery mode, press and release the volume up key once. Do the same with the volume down button. Hold down the power key and hold until the device turns on.
- The following image will indicate a successful entry into Recovery Mode:
How to Hard Reset iPhone
The main tool for pairing iPhone with computer is iTunes. Naturally, a full reset of content and settings can be easily performed using this program, but only if the iPhone was previously synchronized with it.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable and launch iTunes. When the smartphone is identified by the program, at the top of the window, click on its thumbnail.
On the Overview tab on the right side of the window, there is a Restore iPhone button. Select her.
Method two, through iTunes (the device does not turn on)
If the iPhone is no longer able to start on its own, you again need a computer with iTunes and a USB cable. To reset the settings, follow the instructions:
- Connect iPhone to Computer and Open iTunes.
- Under Settings [your name] iCloud, turn off Find My iPhone.
- On the connected device, make a forced restart:
- IPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Then press and hold the power button until the recovery mode screen appears.
- On iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press the power button and volume down button at the same time. Hold them until the recovery mode screen appears.
- IPhone 6s and earlier: Press the Home and Power buttons at the same time. Hold them until the recovery mode screen appears. In all three cases, it looks like this:
In this case, the iPhone settings will also be reset to factory settings, and the current version of the operating system will be “uploaded” to the device.
How to Factory Reset iPhone: 3 Ways for Different Occasions
Keep a quick cheat sheet on how to factory reset iPhone. with and without iTunes.
For a number of reasons, you may need to reset your iPhone to factory settings. In Apple’s terminology, this is called “restoring iPhone”, that is, returning the original settings and setting up the smartphone as new. Read below for three ways to do this.
Method one, through iTunes (the device turns on)
If your iPhone is not severely damaged and can turn on, and you have a USB cable and a computer or laptop with iTunes installed, do the following:
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Under Settings [your name] iCloud, turn off Find My iPhone.
- Connect iPhone to computer with USB cable. If iTunes requires you to enter a password or make this computer trusted, follow the instructions of the program.
- When the device is displayed in the program, select it in the panel on the left.
- In the Overview tab, click the Restore iPhone button.
- In the pop-up window, click “Restore” again to confirm.
After that, the device will be cleared of your data and returned to factory settings, and the current version of iOS will be installed.
Method three, without iTunes (the device turns on)
You can also do a factory reset on the iPhone itself if you don’t have a computer. But this can only be done if the device turns on.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the device menu in the “Settings” “General” “Reset”.
- Click “Erase Content and Settings”.
- Enter your device password or Apple ID password to confirm.
After that, wait for the settings to be erased. The device will be returned to factory condition.
If your iPhone turns on, we recommend that you back up your data to Apple cloud or external storage before resetting.
This feature determines the location of the device. a useful thing if the owner is worried about the safety of the phone. If you plan to sell your device, then resetting your iPhone to factory settings is not enough; you need to remove the device from the Find iPhone app. To do this, open the settings menu and go to the iCloud tab. Scroll to the item “Find iPhone”, you need to switch the switch to inactive state. Confirm with your Apple ID password. After that, wait for an e-mail with a confirmation of disabling the function.
Reset via iTunes
In order to perform a full reset iPhone through a computer using iTunes, you need to follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Connect the device using a cable to iTunes.
- Find the iPhone in the list of identified devices.
- In the window that appears, click “Restore iPhone”.
Remember that when restoring a smartphone, the process should not be interrupted in any case, since an incorrect completion will lead to the loss of the device’s performance.
How to Factory Reset iPhone
Apple device owners regularly look for information on how to reset iPhone settings. This solution is suitable for cases when the phone fails for no apparent reason or before the sale of the device. In the process, errors of the operating platform are removed, if necessary, user files are deleted. There will be nothing complicated in the process, it is important for owners to know how to reset iPhone to factory settings.
Reset via settings
Now let’s talk about how to reset iPhone to factory phone state. To get started, go to the phone settings program, and then scroll down to the General tab. At the end of the list is the “Reset” item. There, the owner will have to choose whether he wants to permanently erase the information from the smartphone, or just reset the settings. Click on the selected method, and then the “operating system” will offer to copy the application files to the cloud. If the information is important, then click on “Erase after unloading”, if not, then select the “Erase” item. Then we enter the Apple account password and wait for the device to reboot.
Reset via Hard Reset
If factory reset on iPhone did not help, then there is another option for deleting user information. Hard Reset. To do this, hold down the “Home” button and the “Power” button, hold for 10 seconds and wait for the “bitten” logo to appear. For models from the eighth generation, a different principle applies:
- press the volume up button with a quick movement;
- also press the volume down key;
- hold down the power button of the device until the Apple logo appears.
There are no restrictions on the number of hard resets by the manufacturer, so the procedure is performed as needed, including to eliminate errors in software platforms and applications. This method is suitable for restoring a smartphone if after a reset the device freezes on the boot display.
Now, let’s walk you through how to completely reset iPhone and settings. At the beginning of the process, make sure that the smartphone is charged more than 30 percent so that during the reset the device does not run out of power and cause additional problems. Check if the device is jailbroken. after a reset, the smartphone may freeze on the start screen. The main thing is to save user files in the cloud, write down names and passwords, copy contacts from the phone book. Also, through iTunes, you should create a backup copy of settings and applications, so that you can quickly restore deleted information later.
To do this, run the program on your computer, go to the “File” section, open the “Devices” tab and click “Create a backup copy”.
Smartphone Recovery (Recovery Mode)
Sometimes factory reset on iPhone causes errors that the smartphone cannot cope with without the help of the owner. For such cases, the device has a built-in recovery mode, to put the phone into Recovery Mode, follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Disconnect iPhone after charging it 30-50 percent.
- Press the Home key.
- Connect your smartphone to your personal computer using a special cable. The Home key must remain in the clamped position.
- Wait for the iTunes icon and the drawn cable to appear.
- Launch iTunes on PC and find the connected device.
- In the window that opens, click the “Restore iPhone” button.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Do not disconnect the smartphone from the computer during recovery, otherwise only the masters in the service center will be able to “revive” the smartphone.
How to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode
If you forgot your password, you may not be able to reset iPhone 7 Plus / 7 / SE / 6 Plus / 6s / 6 / 5s / 5c / 5 to factory settings using the usual method via iTunes / iCloud or via the Settings application on the device itself. And if Activation Lock is enabled, sooner or later you will need to enter a password or log in using the Touch ID fingerprint scanner.
The second problem is deleting all data after restoring iPhone to its original state after purchase. As you know, resetting iPhone 6 to factory settings will entail a complete wipe of all information from the device. Here, the solution may be to back up all data on the iPhone. then all data can be restored from the backup file. But all this is very long and difficult. The easiest way to use the Tenorshare ReiBoot program.
How to factory reset iPhone 8 without losing data if you forgot password
Usually, the iPhone owner is faced with the need to reset the iPhone X / 8/8 Plus to factory settings without losing data in several cases: if the phone stops working correctly, starts to glitch and lag, malfunctions appear regularly, or before selling and buying a new device. In some cases, the user forgot the password or entered it incorrectly several times in a row, which caused the device to be locked. Standard reset methods, for example, through iTunes, will not help here. The use of professional software is required. ReIBoot.
How to reset iPhone if you forgot your password?
We suggest that you read the detailed instructions on how to reset iPhone to factory settings without losing data if you forgot your password. Tenorshare ReiBoot utility will restore your phone and reset all settings without requiring you to enter a password, while maintaining all data on the device. You don’t even need to back up everything on your phone, download Tenorshare ReiBoot from the official page (Mac and Windows versions available). Install the utility on your computer.
1.Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod to your work computer with a USB cable. Then launch the preinstalled Tenorshare ReiBoot program.
Next, click on the “Solve all iOS freezes” button at the very bottom. Click Fix Now. The program identifies your device and prompts you to install the current firmware version. Click “Download”.
When the download of the new firmware version is completed, you need to click on the “Start recovery” button.
It will take about ten minutes for your iPhone to be restored. After that, it will be ready to go. Now you know how to reset iPhone to factory settings without data loss and if forgot password.
You can also use the advanced recovery mode, but this will completely clear all data on the device and reset all passwords.
Cleaning from the device
The easiest way to clear the settings is on the iPhone. Pre-charge the device to at least 30%, do not erase content from your jailbroken smartphone this way. you will get a non-working device. Do not forget to create a backup in iTunes before doing a hard reset. this will help you quickly return all personal data to the device, except for installed applications and music.
In the menu, open the sub-item “Basic-Reset”.
You will see several options for the procedure:
- Reset all settings. all system parameters will be returned to factory defaults, including set alarms and application settings, user content remains. Helps with downed OS parameters.
- Content and Settings. System settings and all user’s multimedia data are deleted. The device turns out “out of the box”, the method is suitable for pre-sale preparation of the device. just check that the Apple ID profile is logged out.
- Network. the parameters of connection to cellular networks, Wi-Fi, VPN, their logins and passwords are cleared. Helps with problems with signal reception and data transmission.
- Keyboard dictionary. clears words entered by the user from the autocorrection list.
- Home screen. returns the original view of the desktop by arranging the icons of branded applications in their places.
- Geolocation. removes all software permissions and prohibitions on the use of geolocation information.
How to Factory Reset iPhone
Sometimes it is useful to clean up the inside of your smartphone. especially if it does not work properly at times, you want to sell the gadget, or you recently bought it from your hands. For such cases, Apple has provided several types of cleaning. Let’s figure out how to reset iPhone to factory settings depending on the situation.
How to reset disabled or Password locked iPhones 6S & 6/Plus/SE/5s/5c/5/4s/4/iPad or iPod
You can reset iPhone via cloud storage, without using a PC. This method is also useful if you need to restore the device after resetting all settings, but there is no backup copy on your computer. Copies to iCloud are created automatically and regularly during the charging of the gadget, if it is connected to Wi-Fi at that time, and you have not turned off the copy function.
To reset the settings via iCloud in the device menu, first perform “Erase Content” in the “Reset” subsection, then select “Restore from iCloud Copy”.
Cleaning through iTunes
There are two types of factory reset via iTunes for iPhone. updating with a clean firmware or downloading a previously saved copy. Any of them requires sufficient charging of the gadget. at least 70%. The first option will help to erase content and settings, you will get a clean device with fresh firmware. The method helps well with major system crashes, freezes and reboots. How to reset iPhone to factory settings via iTunes:
- Launch iTunes on your computer, connect the gadget with a cable.
- On the top bar, select the connected device.
- Open the “Overview” tab, on the right next to the iOS version, click on “Restore”.
The program will download the latest OS version to iPhone or iPad, restore factory settings.
If you don’t want to lose all of your personal content, update your iPhone 5, 6, or other model with a pre-made backup. The device will remain in working order, it will be possible to throw off only the changes that were made after the moment of backup. How to restore a gadget from a copy:
- In the iTunes menu, open the “File” menu, subsection “Devices” and select the function “Recover from a copy”.
- Specify the save that you want to use for recovery.
iPhone X,Xs,11. How to Hard Reset, Factory Reset (Forgot Password)
We recommend that you regularly create working copies of the device, then in case of problems, we can easily reset the latest changes and return a copy to the gadget, where all contacts, photos, notes, messages and iPhone settings are stored.
Full hard reset
Hard reset iPhone is not an easy procedure that completely returns the factory settings to the gadget. It will help in cases where you have forgotten your digital password or pattern, you cannot turn off Find My iPhone. But you still cannot hack the found smartphone. if its owner has activated the search function on the Apple website, then even after a full flashing you will need a password from his Apple ID.
Return iPhone to factory settings and unlock the password using Recovery mode:
- Turn off the device. hold the power key until the shutdown slider appears.
- Press and hold the “Home” button, at this time connect the device with a cable to the PC.
- The iTunes icon will appear on the display. you have entered Recovery. Release “Home”.
- Open iTunes and Run iPhone Reset via Recovery Procedure.
When finished, disconnect the wire and restart the gadget.
In case of serious problems with the system, another bootloader mode. DFU will help. In it, a complete reinstallation of the system occurs. There are several options on how to reset and how to reset iPhone to factory settings in DFU mode:
- Press the shutdown and Home buttons at once, hold them for 10 seconds, press the shutdown button, and hold the Home button until the power-on sound appears.
- Hold the shutdown button for 3 seconds. Without releasing it, press “Home” for 10 seconds, then release the power.
- For iPhone 7 and 7: actions as in option 2, only instead of “Home”. the volume down key.
When you enter DFU mode, the device screen will remain blank, as in a disabled state. Launch iTunes and perform a deep restore, all system parameters will be reset. The process will take about 10 minutes, then you can reactivate the device or upload a backup.
We figured out how to remove all user settings and clean up the system. Resetting an iPhone 5s or other model, iPad is easy, the main thing is to carefully follow the instructions. Do not forget to create backup copies of your smartphone, then in case of any malfunctions you will lose a minimum of important information.
How to Factory Reset iPhone?
Unfortunately, novice iPhone users do not always prudently approach downloading applications to their device. many, admiring the abundance of free software in the AppStore, install everything without thinking about the usefulness of the programs. It is the lack of free memory that is usually the reason why the iPhone starts to work worse: for example, freezes or spontaneously reboots. If such “symptoms” appear, then it’s time to “clean” the device’s memory. you can do this by resetting the iPhone to factory settings.
Reset iPhone via “Settings
You can reset the settings on the iPhone without connecting the gadget to the computer at all. you need to proceed as follows:
Go to “Settings” and select the “General” section.
Scroll to the end and select the “Reset” subsection.
You will see that the device offers several reset options, including:
- Factory reset on iPhone. With such an operation, all personal information that the user stored on the gadget will remain in place. But, for example, alarms and settings of standard applications will be reset. This short-term operation (reset lasts no more than 1 minute) can help with intermittent iPhone freezes.
- Erase content and settings. This type of reset is useful when an Apple user wants to gift or sell a used iPhone. The buyer receives a completely “clean” gadget without traces of preliminary use. including de-authorization of the Apple ID. Such an operation is longer and takes about a couple of minutes (depending on how cluttered the memory is).
- Reset network settings. This operation helps if, after replacing the SIM, the gadget cannot find the network of the new service provider and access the Internet via 3G. Personal information will definitely not suffer from such a reset.
Before you reset your iPhone, pay attention to these “safety rules”:
- Before resetting (especially the second, longest type), recharge the gadget at least to 25-30%. If the iPhone “crashes” while erasing data, most likely, it will have to be restored via iTunes and a cable.
- Jailbroken iPhones (eg Pangu) will end up in “eternal apple mode” by erasing content. Again, you will need to restore via iTunes with a preliminary introduction of the gadget into DFU mode or Recovery Mode.
Completely reset the settings via Hard Reset
Reset via Hard Reset is needed in such a situation: the user has forgotten the security password and cannot deactivate Find iPhone. the enabled function, in turn, prevents restoring settings via iTunes in a softer way.
Such an operation is called “Hard” for a reason. a reset can lead to the fact that all personal data will be lost. Therefore, it is recommended to contact Hard Reset only after other options have already been tried and have not been crowned with success.
Recovery via Hard Reset is done as follows:
Connect the gadget to your PC and launch iTunes as usual.
Enter your smartphone into DFU mode in the following way: simultaneously hold down the Home button and the power button and count to 10. Then release the Power button and continue holding Home until the characteristic connection sound in iTunes. After entering the gadget in DFU mode, it makes no sense to look at its screen. it will just be black, without icons and images.
Turn to iTunes, and you will see that the window has changed and there is only one button available. “Restore iPhone”. And you need to press it.
It will take a long time to wait until the initial settings are restored. about 10 minutes. When the reset is completed, the user will have to choose one of two options: reactivate the gadget or try to return the deleted data through a backup in iTunes. To implement the second option, you need to go to the “Overview” section of the device and click the “Restore from a copy” button.
Next, in a special window, you need to select the copy that suits you best, and click “Restore”.
Creating a backup copy. is it necessary?
Before you reset your iPhone to factory settings, you should make a backup copy of the data stored on your phone using iTunes. then, if necessary, you can restore important information. There are two ways to create a backup:
In the context menu of the AppStore, go to the path “File”. “Devices”. “Create a backup copy”.
Click the device icon in the top panel and in the “Overview” section click “Create a copy now”.
It will not be possible to “resurrect” all data using a backup copy. only:
Games, apps and music will not be restored.
How to Reset iPhone via iTunes?
If you need to reset the settings via iTunes, the first step is to turn off Find My iPhone (if activated). To deactivate on the device, follow the path “Settings”. “iCloud”. “Find iPhone” and turn the toggle switch to the “OFF” state. Then connect the gadget with a USB cable to your PC and follow these simple instructions:
Click on the “Device” icon and you will find yourself in the “Overview” section.
Click the “Restore iPhone” button.
In the window that appears, click “Restore” again. this way you confirm the request.
After that, iTunes itself will download the software to the gadget and return the original iPhone settings. When you reset the settings in this way, contacts, SMS, calendars, alarms and notes will not be affected, but you will have to say goodbye to multimedia files.
Instructions for resetting iPhone to factory settings
After reading the instructions on the Internet, you can easily do everything yourself, without using the help of a wizard. Follow these guidelines and you will learn how to factory reset iPhone without harming your smartphone.
- Go to the “Settings” section on your phone.
- Find the “Basic” tab, scroll to the bottom.
- Click on the “Reset” tab once and select “All Settings”.
- Confirm your action.
The reset takes about a minute or two. After completing the procedure, you can use your smartphone, your data, music, games, applications will not be deleted. Your Safari bookmarks will not be touched. This procedure can speed up your phone. Find My iPhone and Reset All Settings.
If your smartphone is at a distance from you, and you need to erase data, then this can be easily done using the “Find iPhone” function. To do this, you need to go to the website www.iCloud.com. Then you choose your phone and enter the login and password from the account. As soon as you have entered the data and confirmed them. click “Erase”. The deletion of all data that is on the phone will start when the phone is online, i.e. connected to the internet. But remember that you can delete data only if you have previously connected this function. After erasing all data, the function will be disabled Reminder: you can restore all your data using a backup that is created in iCloud or iTunes!
How to reset iPhone using iCloud?
Thanks to iCloud, each user can reset all smartphone settings and delete all information from it. To do this, you only need access to the Internet, login and password from your Apple ID account. To reset the settings, you need:
- Go to the iCloud website.
- Sign in.
- Select the device you want to clean (There can be as many as you have for personal use. Choose carefully to avoid deleting the necessary information).
- Click on the “Erase” tab. After which all the settings of your phone will be reset, respectively, all functions of the phone will be disabled.
Apps to reset iPhone to factory settings
There are many applications that can be installed in a few seconds and you can factory reset your smartphone. Here are the most tested ones:
- Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS is a program that can be found freely available on the Internet. In the program, you can select the types of data that you want to reset, and you can also do a full reset by clicking on “System Recovery”.
- iLEX RAT. the program will help you reset everything to zero in your smartphone when it has accumulated many applications that slow it down. You can uninstall certain types of applications without interacting with iTunes.
- Semi-Restore for iOS will allow you to restore the current version of iOS, thereby improving the performance of your smartphone. You can download it on the Internet for free access. The interface is very user-friendly and understandable for any user.
How to Factory Reset iPhone Quickly
How to reset an iPhone to factory settings, when the phone starts loading for a long time, applications stop turning on and malfunctioning, and you just need to do a factory reset. You can reset them in different ways, but this procedure is not always necessary. Before selling a smartphone, you also need to do all these steps so that your information does not fall into the hands of another user.
How not to lose important data when performing a factory reset?
There are two ways to keep your data backed up. It’s using iCloud and iTunes. For the first method, you need a whole Wi-Fi network, and for the second, you need to connect to a computer. Let’s take a closer look at each method. Copy of data to iCloud.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your phone.
- Go to the “Settings” section and click on the “iCloud” tab.
- Click on “Backup” so that your slider is green.
- Then click “Create backup” and wait for the download to complete. After that, it will be created in your iCloud (Time and date will be written).
- Connect your phone to your computer.
- Launch iTunes on your PC, but make sure you have the latest version. If not, then be sure to update!
- If you are asked for a password, follow the instructions.
- Click on your device in iTunes when it appears.
- Click on “Create a copy now”.
TIP (Mandatory for everyone): remember and write down the password on several pieces of paper, put it in a place where it will not get lost. Otherwise, you simply won’t be able to restore anything. Then look in the program for the latest date and time to make sure that the process was completed successfully.
Factory reset via iTunes
Before starting the procedure, take a look and make sure that you have a new version of the program installed. Click on “Settings”, click on “iCloud” and turn off iPhone search. To complete the operation, you need:
- Open a program on your PC.
- Using the cord that came with the purchase of the phone, connect the iPhone to the computer.
- When prompted for a password, follow the further instructions that will appear on the screen.
- Click on the “iPhone” device when it is highlighted in the iTunes application.
- Go to the “Overview” tab, find the name of your smartphone on the right (Example: iPhone 7).
- Click on “Restore iPhone”, then click this button again.
- The device will reboot and the latest version of the operating system will be installed.
How to reset iPhone
Working on the phone becomes more and more difficult and new problems appear. This is now becoming common to phones and other similar smart devices, computer users are used to dealing with devices, and the iPhone is no exception. Resetting a locked iPhone is an easy process and you can perform a full factory restore of iTunes and Apple software.
Instructions on how to reset iPhone settings
Turn off your iPhone, and then turn on your phone again. Press and hold the “Wake / Sleep” button. until a red slider appears, then drag it. Hold “Wake / Sleep”. until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Reset iPhone by holding the “Wake / Sleep” and “Home” buttons together for at least 10 seconds until the Apple logo is displayed on the screen.
Reset your iPhone by choosing “Reset” from the General menu and then choosing “Reset All Settings.” You reset your iPhone, but you haven’t deleted content such as music and videos. You can delete content by selecting “Reset” in “General” and choosing the “Erase All Content and Settings” menu. This will remove all settings from iPhone.
You can restore iPhone back (backup) by connecting iPhone to iTunes. Select iPhone from the iTunes sidebar and then select “Recovery.” This will erase all content and settings on the phone and reinstall the iPhone software.
Note or tip, when resetting iPhone settings and data, please make sure the iPhone is being used correctly, under low charging conditions, iPhone software may have problems.
Always back up iPhone data before doing full restore or erasing iPhone contents, as you will not be able to restore iPhone data after doing this.
49 Комментарии и мнения владельцев:
And if I reset the preference on iTunes, will this action delete my music and other files?
Please give the most detailed advice on how to reset iTunes settings on a computer without deleting media content. Thanks for the information!
No, if a reset is made in the iTunes settings, then your songs should not be affected, in other words, they will not be deleted.
Go to User Library Preferences. Next, find the files with the names:. Com.Apple.iTunes.eq.plist. Com.Apple.iTunes Com.Apple.iTunesHelper.plist
Move these files to your computer desktop, and then restart your computer. Open iTunes utility and see how the factory reset happened in iTunes. If the reset is clean, that is, all the settings have been reset, then you can delete the files that were previously saved on the PC desktop.
Afterword: if something goes wrong or you want the old aytyuns settings, return the files back.
Here are thanks for helping with the question of how to return the iPhone to factory settings if the mobile is locked
Hello, but what if the settings on the iPhone are not reset? Maybe some alternative. there is.
If you reset all settings in the iPhone, then all applications will be deleted or become in the mobile?
Purchased apps are saved to your account.
But I have a more difficult question, how to reset the settings and register a new Apple ID? Give instructions.
Is a factory reset and software overload repairing an iPhone, or is the wizard trying to get more money out of me??
Something does not work out for me. 🙁 How to reset iPhone settings so iTunes sees it as a new device
And if the iPhone launches before the Apple logo and that’s it. how to reset your phone?
I have a question: if you reset the settings from the iPhone, the SMS history is saved or deleted?
After resetting to factory settings on the cell phone iPhone Q5 writes, it fails to connect, help me figure out this problem in the phone !
Thank you guys so much for the described reset of all iPhone settings, the method worked 🙂
After deleting the account and resetting the settings on the iPhone 5, is it possible to create a new Apple ID and what will be the consequences?
How to factory reset iPhone 5 if you forgot your lock screen password ?
Hello, how to set up in the iPhone 5c so that you can see that the information has been reset from the iPhone?
Teach How to Reset iPhone Phone Connect Counter to iTunes
If you reset all settings on iPhone, it will be completely unlinked from Apple ID?
Please urgently share some hacking tricks on how to reset iPhone to factory settings with blocked ID
The packing box, as well as the appearance of the phone, are in excellent condition.
Hello! I have a special case. How to Factory Reset iPhone via iTunes if the Screen Doesn’t Work?
And how to reset browser settings in iPhone 5?
Friends, chirp how to reset all settings on a locked iPhone 5s. Thanks for the advice. to all who responded!
Mercy! But I’ve been thinking if I reset the settings from the iPhone, the SMS history is saved or deleted. 🙂
Help Guide How To Hard Reset iPhone Which Is Locked
Yep, how to reset content and settings on iPhone? Asks for a password.
When you reset the settings, the iOS version changes or not
In the app store, when updating or downloading any programs, it requires a password from the old account. (I don’t know him) I’m already charged. New and went everywhere with her. What should I do. Help.
Good people tell me I bought an iPhone 5 from my hands! synchronized iCloud added a record epl idi also added a record from the computer threw off everything I wanted) But I wanted to Reset settings it asks for a password I don’t know it and the last owner also what to do 4 times the last owner tried to guess the password.
We need an easy method for a teapot how to reset all settings on an iPhone in order to save contacts at the same time
For Andrey. From experience, the password can consist of numbers: four zeros.
Guys, please help, I bought an iPhone 5c without a box from my hands, walked around with it for about a month, then I wanted to completely abandon the phone, after I dropped it, it turned on, I chose Russia and registration went, and there you need to keep a login and password, I have as there are no currents, what should I do?
How to Factory Reset Your iPhone without Password (2 ways)
The main button is called the round button on the front of the phone.
People, but how to reset all settings from a Chinese iPhone if it is locked?
Ok, now let’s see how the old iPhone library can be cleaned or not. If something goes wrong, then I will write.
What you need to do if your iPhone is not lost
Thanks for the advice on how to reset your iPhone! I myself, somehow, did not think that before resetting to factory settings, you need to separately save a backup copy of personal data from the smartphone. Especially contacts from a mobile phone, this is very important for me.
Dear, how to reset iPhone 5 if you do not know the password!?
Recently I bought an iPhone from my hands, when I reset the settings, it asks for the ID of the old owner 🙁
Guys what to do with iPhone if you reset content and settings and now asks to connect to iTunes?
Hello to all iPhone owners! People how to reset iPhone 5 to factory settings if the phone does not turn on ?
Please tell me. if you reset all settings on iPhone 4s. The software will also be reset. The iPhone has become very slow due to software updates
Thanks for the tip! Now I’ll see how to restore the default settings on the iPhone using the buttons.
Good afternoon, I dropped the phone. the screen floated, they ask to return to the service center by resetting the settings. Did you blindly do everything as you described, how can I now find out whether I reset to factory settings or not? R.S turned on the flight mode before falling.
Hello, I can not reset the settings because it asks for a 4-digit password (what to do?
hello please tell me how to restore factory settings on a locked iPhone which I found I will be very grateful
iPhone can also be factory reset via iTunes
How to find out the four-digit password on iPhone to reset Apple phone settings.
This is a sensible topic! And write me how to reset the settings on a locked iPhone
By clicking on the icon, share information on the social network: