How to perform an operation via Hard Reset
There is an additional method to reset iPhone to factory default settings. This method is considered a “hard reboot”. The client should not forget that all files will be erased after such a procedure. If the client uses smartphone models up to 6, then the restart is performed by holding down the “Shutdown” and “Home” keys. Pressing the buttons is required for 10-15 seconds. As soon as the company logo appears on the smartphone screen, the action will be completed. Next, you need to follow the gadget setup scheme, which is used when you first turn it on.
When the user is the owner of cellular versions 7 and 7 plus, the reboot is done in a different way. You will need to hold down the “Volume Down” and “Power” buttons at the same time. It takes no more than ten seconds to hold down the keys.
When using cellular model 8 and above, a different scheme applies:
- first the button is pressed to increase the speaker volume;
- then the client immediately clicks on a key to decrease the sound;
- then you can hold down the side button.
As soon as the company logo appears on the screen, the procedure is completed. You can set up your smartphone and specify a new passcode.
Ways to clean your smartphone
If a customer needs to delete data from an iPhone prior to selling, there are several options they can apply. How can I do that:
- use the iTunes program;
- reset through “Settings”;
- use Hard Reset;
- application of the special DFU mode;
- access to third-party programs.
Each of these methods has certain nuances of use. It is worth telling about this in more detail.
How to make a backup and check Have
There are some additional tips to follow before you start deleting settings from your phone. First, you should charge your smartphone, the battery must have at least 30% charge. If the clearing of information is delayed, and the gadget sits down in the process, there may be problems with the operation of the software.
Before deleting parameters, the user must check the gadget through the Name. This is required to determine if the gadget is not locked. You can use special online services to obtain such data. For example, a client can use the imeipro.info portal, for this you need to follow the following scheme:
- enter your phone number into an empty window;
- check the “ReCaptcha” data;
- click on the “Check” button.
- To find Have a smartphone, you can look at it on the box of the device. The client can also get the parameters through the cellular settings. To do this, go to the “About device” section and select the item.
When the verification operation is completed, and the system will indicate in the results that the phone is “Unlocked”, you can start resetting the parameters. At the same time, you cannot perform the procedure with the jailbreak installed, as this will entail a complete blocking of the gadget.
Also, the user must make a backup before resetting the settings on the iPhone. There are several ways to create a backup on an account:
- Through the Cloud in Icloud. All smartphone owners are provided with 5 gigabytes of free memory in the cloud storage of the gadget. To create a copy, you need to be connected to the network via mobile or Wi-Fi. The user must open the section with the smartphone settings. Then he opens the item “iCloud”. Now you can start creating a copy, for this, select the “iCloud Backup” sub-item.
- Using the iTunes app. First, you need to connect your cell phone to your computer, you can use a laptop. Next, the iTunes application is launched. The system selects the “This computer” section and creates a new copy.
Easy Ways to Reset iPhone Settings
Sometimes, gadget users need to remove all installed settings by updating them to the factory settings. Such actions are usually required when a customer wants to sell a smartphone. Also, this function allows you to get rid of some problems with “glitches” in the system. To perform the operation, the owner must know how to reset iPhone to factory settings.
How to log out of all services
Before erasing all information completely, it is recommended to delete passwords and exit applications on your cell phone. The client must quit programs such as:
- In contact with;
- Face time;
This will allow the owner of the gadget to avoid possible problems with the delivery of messages and notifications. You will also need to sign out of the App Store, Icloud and iTunes. This will allow you to secure the user profile and protect his personal data.
Applying DFU Mode
First you need to enter this mode, you can do it in this way:
- the smartphone is connected to a stationary computer;
- iTunes starts up;
- then at the same time you will need to press the “Home” and “Enable” buttons;
- now you can release the power button;
- but the Home key remains held down;
- now it remains to wait for the application to detect the device.
- The gadgets of the 7, 8, X, XR, XS series do not have a Home key, so the Power button is selected there.
New customers may forget the access code provided by the previous owner. You will first need to install this application on your computer. Next, the gadget is connected to the PC and the “Start” button is pressed. The Tenorshare 4uKe application opens. The user has to say the latest iOS version. When the operation is completed, you can click on the “Start unlocking” button. The procedure takes a few minutes. When formatting is over, all data will be completely deleted.
Making a backup
Since after a factory reset, user information will not be restored, you need to set up a backup version of data on the iPhone: this way you can save information and personal settings of the device.
Before you reset your iPhone to factory settings, you need to carry out a number of preparatory steps required to successfully “reanimate” the gadget after the hard reset procedure:
- Charge your smartphone to 100%.
- Make a complete copy of installations, save photos and videos to iCloud.
- Make sure your iPhone has the latest version of iTunes.
- Disable Find My Phone: Settings. Your account. iCloud Settings section. move the slider next to the device search parameter.
- Go back one step and sign out of your AppleID.
- Sign out of iCloud.
You can now safely reset the gadget.
Situations in which you need to reset the settings
Return to factory settings is required in the following cases:
- iPhone is being offered for sale or transferred to another user;
- a custom firmware is installed on the device;
- you are flashing your smartphone due to problems with the previous version of iOS;
- the gadget is very slow, system functions are not performed.
Important: when the smartphone is rolled back, the iPhone firmware is automatically restored, which must be taken into account if you have an old phone model that does not support the new iOS.
You can copy all iPhone data through computer and iTunes profile.
- Use a cable to connect the device to the computer.
- Open Finder (Mac) or iTunes (Windows or older Mac).
- Log in to the application by following the commands in the explorer.
- Select your device.
- Specify the desired backup copy parameters: if you need to save data from the Health and Activity applications, you need to check the Encrypt copy option, otherwise encryption is not required. Then click on “Back up now” and wait for the backup to complete.
If you encrypted a backup file, you cannot restore it via iTunes without a password. Write down the password right away, as it will be impossible to return to this step later.
Remote wipe data via iCloud
In case the device was stolen or lost, using iCloud and the “Find iPhone / iPad” option, you can not only find the gadget, but also reset its settings, as well as delete user files.
Important: searching for a missing device is possible only if the user has activated the “Find iPhone” function in advance (done through the iCloud settings on the phone).
- Download the Find iPhone app on another Apple device or go to iCloud.com/find from any device.
- Try to track your gadget through the program, if you wish, you can enable the “Lost Mode” and remotely lock the phone.
- If you are sure that you will not be able to find the smartphone, select the “Erase iPhone” option: as a result, all files from the iPhone will be deleted, further search for the device will become impossible.
If the stolen device is turned off, the commands you have selected will be executed immediately after connecting the device to the network.
How to Erase Data Using iTunes
To reset the system of a locked smartphone, as well as to remove a forgotten password, you need a PC and the iTunes program installed on it, through which the procedure for synchronizing with the iPhone was previously carried out. It is also imperative to disable the Find iPhone option to avoid restricting access to iTunes settings. To disconnect, you should:
- Go to “Settings”. iCloud. “Find iPhone“.
- Move the slider to the left to turn it off. In this case, the color will change from green to gray:
So, to roll back to factory settings, follow these steps:
- Connect iPhone to computer via USB cable. Synchronization with PC is also possible via Wi-Fi.
- Open iTunes updated to the latest version. Find the icon of the connected device on the top bar. When the smartphone system asks for trust in iTunes, it must be confirmed. If a window for entering a password pops up, and, unfortunately, you have forgotten it, it is recommended to start recovering, not erasing data. If there is no such request, we move forward.
- Click “Restore / Restore iPhone” and confirm the action:
To upload the saved data to the iPhone again, you need to open “File”. “Devices”. “Restore from a copy” in the iTunes menu (this is possible only with a cable connection).
Zeroing via iCloud
It is also possible to reset the iPhone to factory settings remotely. via the “cloud”. This requires an internet connection and sync with iCloud. So, we perform step by step:
- We go to the website “Aykloud”, we drive in the data of the “account”.
- Go to the “Find My Device” application.
- The list “All devices” will show what you need, click on it:
- In the “Control Panel” that appears on the right, select “Erase iPhone”. Then a warning window will pop up. We click “Erase“:
- Next, drive the key to the Apple ID again to demolish the data and return to its original state.
How to reset iPhone to factory settings yourself: methods
Sometimes there are situations when the iPhone needs to be returned to its original state. Thus, the existing settings are reset, personal information is erased. Such a need is due to the instability of the device, errors that arise due to a software failure, and the sale of a smartphone. Finally, a common problem is a forgotten login password. Unlocking is seemingly impossible. But there are solutions on how to reset the iPhone to factory settings while preserving the information in the memory of the mobile phone.
Reset via iPhone settings
The easiest option to return to its original state is to transfer all content through the “Settings” of the device. To do this, it is recommended to take several sequential steps:
- Open the menu, then. “Settings”. “General”:
- At the “bottom” of the “Basic” settings, select “Reset”:
- To erase the information in order to bring the device to the state of factory settings, press “Reset all settings”. In this case, the data is not deleted.
- For a complete reset, select “Erase content and settings”. Then come up with and drive in a new unlock password:
As you can see, doing a factory reset on the iPhone (zero) is not a problem. Several options are offered. But in fact, it is better to make sure in advance: do not lose your phone, do not forget your password, etc., as well as carry out regular synchronization with iTunes and iCloud, storing important information in them completely as a backup.
How to erase content and settings from iPhone
If you have access to the iPhone menu that needs to be reset to a new device state, the method below will work for you. To complete the following steps, you do NOT need a computer with a cable and iTunes software. All the necessary functionality is already included in the iOS Settings.
STEP 1. Since we will be doing a complete cleaning of the iPhone, make sure that there is no important data left on it. As in the first part, if necessary, create a backup copy of the iPhone.
STEP 2. Make sure Find My iPhone is off: iCloud Settings Find My iPhone.
STEP 3. Now go to Settings General Reset and click Erase Content and Settings. Confirm your wish with “Erase iPhone”.
STEP 4. All personal information and iPhone settings will be deleted. IOS version will remain the same as before the reset.
How to reset iPhone using a computer
If for some reason you cannot go to the iPhone Settings (the firmware has flown, iCloud Activation Lock, you forgot the numeric unlock password, etc.), then the best way to reset the iPhone would be DFU mode. Use this instruction for iPhone 4s. 7, or this instruction for iPhone X. 8.
How to Reset iPhone to Factory Settings & ERASE ALL CONTENT! ANY IPHONE!
If everything is OK with the iPhone, follow the steps below:
STEP 1. If you value the data on your iPhone (iPad), be sure to make a backup before proceeding to the next step.
STEP 2. Connect your iPhone with a cable to your computer and launch iTunes. Click on the device icon (see the picture below):
STEP 3. Click the Restore iPhone button on the right side of the screen. If you see the message “You need to turn off Find My iPhone before”, turn it off in Phone Settings here: iCloud Settings Find iPhone.
You need your Apple ID password to disable this feature. This is done so that no one except the last owner can clear this device, for example, in the event of theft by intruders (who do not know the password of the Apple ID account).
STEP 4. After disabling the “Find iPhone” function, confirm your intentions by clicking on the Restore and Update button.
STEP 5. The latest version of iOS will be downloaded from the Internet and then installed on your iPhone. All personal data will be deleted.
STEP 6. The next time you turn on your iOS device, you will be prompted to set it up as new or restore from a backup.
STEP 7. The described procedure for resetting iOS devices does not unlink it from your account. In order for the restored device to no longer be listed in your Apple ID account, go to iCloud.com with your Apple ID and delete the required device in the Find iPhone section.
How to reset iPhone to factory settings [Instructions]
If you have finally decided to sell your iPhone or are experiencing some difficulties with the firmware, then this manual will definitely come in handy in which I told you how to reset the iPhone to factory settings. As a result of the reset, the latest version of iOS will be installed on your device. All data from the iPhone will be deleted.
I often advise friends and readers on the site to reset the iPhone in situations when the device starts to glitch or work slowly. The same steps must be taken before selling your iPhone.
You don’t want someone to be able to view your photos, home videos, and get a list of all your contacts and personal messages as well? Below I have given several ways Depending on the state of your device, you can perform at least one of them.
You can reset the iPhone both using a computer and on the iOS device itself. Therefore, we will divide our lesson into two parts according to your choice.
Can’t reset iPhone
Both methods above assume that your iPhone is in working order, i.e. recognized in iTunes or you can go to the phone settings. What to do if your phone is frozen or none of the above methods can restore your iPhone?
First try restarting your device. If the reboot did not work, use the instructions for restoring iPhone firmware in DFU mode (links above).
In this article, I showed you how to reset iPhone to factory settings in two ways. If you have any questions regarding linked accounts, write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев. Well, if you have learned something useful for yourself, be sure to like it in social networks (buttons below).
Before starting the reset procedure, you need to prepare your smartphone:
- Fully charge the battery. If this is not possible, the battery charge must be at least 30%. Disconnecting the device during the reset or reboot procedure will most likely lead to a software failure, which creates the likelihood of getting a “brick” at the exit.
- Roll back jailbreak iOS. Zero configuration with jailbreak results in complete blocking.
- Go through the check sheet located just below.
You can clean the iPhone through iTunes, here’s how to do it correctly:
- First, you need to connect your smartphone to your computer using a USB cable;
- Now you need to turn on and unlock your smartphone to determine the iOS version by the system;
- After recognizing the device, the program will require disabling the Find iPhone function;
- By default, the program will offer to restore data from a previously saved copy. refuse, because you need a complete cleaning of the iPhone.
- Start the procedure by clicking the “Restore iPhone” button.
Be sure to check IMEI
Now you need to check the IMEI identifier of the gadget. The number can be found:
- on the iPhone case;
- on the original packaging and in the documentation;
- in the iOS settings: sub-item “About device”.
- Enter IMEI number,
- Get tested “for a robot”. ReCaptcha,
- Click “Check”.
After making sure in the “Unlocked” status, you can proceed to the data reset procedure.
In case of loss of the device, it is possible to remotely delete confidential data using the “Find iPhone” function.
How To Factory Restore/Reset/Erase Your iPhone to Sell
A feature present in any iPhone from the fourth. It works without restrictions only with the original software. No direct interaction with the device itself is required.
- Log in to iCloud.com. enter your Apple ID and passcode;
- Go to the “Find iPhone” section and confirm the actions by re-entering the password;
- Select the device from which the data will be deleted;
- Click on the “Erase” button;
- Confirm your intentions by filling in the access code in the appropriate box.
When carrying out an operation, encrypted information is deleted even on a non-bearing device (turned off or discharged, with GPS turned off, or in Airplane mode). As soon as the smartphone connects to the Internet, the Apple server will send the appropriate commands to format the data.
Third party applications
If, in addition to the cancellation of all system data, there is a need to remove the login password, identification means (fingerprint), unlink accounts from applications, then you can resort to a third-party developer tool that will allow you to do this.