WEB-camera on the computer
Today, not only voice, but also visual communication using video communication means. webcams has become a very popular and convenient way of communication.
Digital devices are becoming more uniform and the differences between laptop, smartphone and tablet are blurring.
Blogs and bloggers have become an integral part of our life. And after the president started his blog, the popularity of blogging has increased even more, therefore, the need to create video content has increased.
How to turn on the webcam
If the webcam is in the “Other Devices” section, you need to download and install the webcam driver from the website of your laptop manufacturer.
Select drivers only for your laptop or USB camera model.
All laptops are equipped with webcams, the built-in webcam is always on by default and in order to simply connect it, you need to follow the same path: in the “Control Panel” we launch the “Device Manager”, find in the list of devices in the “Imaging devices” section “Click on the entry with the right mouse button and select” Enable “or” enable “, and then check the operation of the webcam in any Skype (Skype) or WhatsApp (WhatsApp) application.
We go to “Start”, at the bottom we press the arrow, open all the programs “Applications by category”, select the film studio “Movia Maket”, (Fig. 6 and 6.1)
a screen for recording opens, click “record from a webcam”, make a record (Fig. 8)
and after stopping the recording, it can be saved (Fig9), and then edited in the same program.
Turn on the webcam in Windows 8.1
The first way
If your computer has a built-in or connected webcam, you can use the Camera app and take videos and photos. To do this, go to “Start” (Fig4), select the “camera” icon and click on it once with the central (but not right) mouse, the video capture will open in full screen (Fig. 5)
It has two icons: “video” and “photo”. Image quality is ugly
Therefore, I will move on to the next method of obtaining a video recording or photo from a WEB-camera.
How to find, enable and use the WEB-camera on a laptop.
How to find a webcam.
It is necessary to make sure that the video camera is there, is working properly, is correctly installed in the system and the drivers are correctly installed.
In the “Control Panel” we launch the “Device Manager” (Fig. 1) and check how the camera was defined in Windows (Fig. 2)
Find your web-camera in the list of devices in the section “Imaging devices”. If it is not displayed, see below how to enable the web-camera.
In this case, the camera is ready for use.
You can check using Skype video communication (Skype) or WhatsApp, if they are installed on your computer.
How to connect a webcam
Connecting your webcam to your PC is pretty straightforward. Most modern cameras are connected to a computer via a USB port. There are also wireless cameras that connect to the PC system via Bluetooth. The process of connecting them is as simple as possible and is described in detail in the instructions that come with the camera itself.
With laptops, the situation is even simpler, since in most modern models the camera is built into the device.
How to check the camera
After you’ve connected and configured your camera, you might want to test it out. This can be done again using video calling applications. However, this is done in different ways. somewhere they use bots for verification, and somewhere settings. It is rather inconvenient to understand the nuances of this process every time.
It is much easier to use special sites for checking. There are quite a few resources for testing the camera. Just choose any of them and check it out. Their control is extremely simple and straightforward, and therefore you should not have any problems.
How to quickly turn on the WEB-camera on a laptop
Today, one of the most popular methods of communication on the network is video calls. This function is already available in almost any messenger and is gradually appearing on social networks. But of course, in order to make video calls, it is not enough just to register on one of these resources. In addition, you will need a connected and configured webcam. How to turn on the camera on a laptop on Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP will be discussed in this article.
If you want to run the built-in camera from Toshiba, then you definitely need to install drivers from the manufacturer and special software. You can download both from the disk that comes with the computer.
MSI also requires drivers and software. You can download them not only from the disk, but also from the official website of the developers.
The required software to run the Dell camera should be downloaded from the company’s website. There will be a separate package for each laptop model, and therefore do not forget to indicate the model of your laptop, otherwise the camera will not work or will work with problems.
Cameras in Sony laptops always work by default. You only need any instructions if you want to turn it off. If the camera initially did not work on your laptop, you will have to write an appeal to Support.
Almost all Acer models launch the camera after pressing the “FnV” combination.
On laptops DNS, you can turn on the camera by holding down the combination “FnF11”.
How to turn on the camera on a laptop on Windows 7 or XP
So, you have connected your webcam to your PC and are ready to start setting up. This process will differ depending on the OS version you are using. So let’s look at different options.
Let’s start with instructions for those who want to turn on the camera on Windows 7 and XP. There will be no difference in instructions for these versions, and therefore we will not consider them separately.
- First, launch the “Control Panel”.
- In the upper right corner of the window, select the “Category” view mode.
- Go to the Hardware and Sound section.
- After that, you need to find the subsection “Devices and Printers”, but do not go into it.
- Instead, click on the “Device Manager” button next to.
- You will see a list of devices, where you need to find your camera in the appropriate section.
- Double click on its name.
- A window with information about the operation of the camera will open in front of you; here you can turn on the camera if it is turned off.
If everything is fine, the device is working properly and it is turned on, you can start working with the camera.
Lenovo T430 Disable Integrated Camera BIOS
Without exception, all Lenovo laptop models have built-in webcams. They are included using the key combination with “Fn”. If you cannot find the key you need, you can turn on the camera on a Lenovo laptop through the control panel (we will talk about this option a little later).
How to start a webcam on Windows 10 and 8
Windows 8 and 10 are also not much different in terms of webcam settings. Therefore, we will consider them in one instruction. You can also check the connected camera here via the control panel. However, getting to the control panel is a little more difficult here. Therefore, we will consider another option, how you can run a webcam on Windows 10.
- Go to “My Computer”.
- Right click on a free space in the window.
- In the menu that appears, select “Properties”.
- In the left pane, select the “Device Manager” tab.
- Find your camera in the device list.
- Double click on it.
- Check the status of your camera and turn it on if it is off.
This option, by the way, may be suitable for older OS versions.
About health check
First, they check the camera: you need to establish whether it works or not. Here you need to turn on the device. insert the USB cable into the corresponding socket of the laptop. This step is only required if the equipment was purchased separately from the laptop. Immediately after connection, a record about the found new device will appear on the screen.
In this and other cases, the inclusion is carried out in the following sequence of actions:
- You need to open the “Device Manager”, which happens in several ways. The first one involves the keyboard shortcut “Windows X”. The second way is to use the “Start” system.
- Having opened the “Device Manager”, find the “Cameras” section in the list.
- Look carefully in the branch, most likely, under the word “Cameras” there will be listed devices that are already connected to the computer. There can be several cameras for online communication: one, which is built into the PC, the second is connected separately via a wire to the socket.
- Select the required device model and move the cursor over it. Click the right mouse button. A context menu with actions will appear. Often it’s not just “Turn on device”. Through this menu, you can additionally install the driver or view the properties.
- Turn on the camera by clicking on the corresponding caption in the context menu. See if the connected device is activated.
Note! The device is considered to be on if the lamp on it lights up. A window may also open to identify and verify the image.
Checking the settings in the operating system parameters
After installing the device, proceed to the second stage. Here you need to check the camera settings and change them if necessary.
This happens in the following sequence:
- The Windows 10 camera is configured through the Settings app. To open it, you need to use the “Start” menu, but do not go into it, but right-click. A list of possible actions will open. It is worth choosing “Parameters”. The second way to open the application is the keyboard shortcut “Windows X”, they must be pressed simultaneously. You can simplify the task and use the keyboard shortcut “Windows I”. Then the window of the desired application opens immediately.
- In the window that opens, you need to scroll down all the commands and open “Privacy”. Next, in the left column of the new window that opens, select “Camera”.
- Possible actions for the presented device will open. To check the purchased and connected camera, you need to enable access if it is not connected. To do this, click on the “Change” button under the item “Access for this device is disabled.” If access is disabled, Windows will not be able to recognize the connected device. Even if the user manages to perform other actions with the camera, it will not work.
- In order to use the webcam to the fullest extent of its capabilities in the future, you must allow access to the device to other applications. If this is not the case, then the downloaded, for example, Skype program, will not be able to start working. She simply will not start the connection, indicating an error. the inability to start video broadcasting. To start the camera and microphone, you need to allow access, which is done by analogy with the previous connection. It is only necessary in the “Allow applications access” item to move the checkbox to “On.”.
- As soon as access to applications is enabled, a list of programs will open to which the presented actions apply. Opposite the necessary applications, simply move the checkboxes.
Thus, the webcam is configured in Windows 10. Now the device was not only installed, but also allowed its further use in full.
How to turn on the camera on a Windows 10 laptop or computer
Virtual communication is gaining momentum, which is why all modern laptop models have built-in video cameras. With their help, you can broadcast or just chat on Skype. At the time of purchase and download of the program for online broadcasts, the equipment will not be connected. Sometimes a webcam is purchased separately, which also requires it to be turned on and connected. Below is a detailed description of how to turn on the camera on a Windows 10 laptop. in the most common software system at the moment.
Camera Not Working Windows 10. Quick Fix
Checking the settings in the app
Learning how to set up a webcam in Windows 10 isn’t the only thing you need to do to communicate online later. The device is used only through the application. One of the most common is Skype. With its help, you can not only communicate online, but also make notes for interlocutors if the PC user is engaged in training of various nature.
- Download the application and install it on the system drive of a laptop or PC. You can use other modern software with improved sound and picture quality, as well as with expanded capabilities.
- Open Skype after installation. Immediately under the title of the application, there is a field in which you can find three dots. Click on them. this is the “Settings” tab. Some versions contain the inscription “Settings”.
- Several sections will open in the left pane, where the necessary parameters are checked. To learn how to test a webcam on Windows 10, just refer to the section “Sound and video”.
- An automatic check of the installed device will start. The user will see their own image in the window. This is the quality that the interlocutors will be on the screen during online conversations. If the image quality is poor, please indicate this.
- Additionally, a camera microphone test is offered. At the bottom you can see a scale with a slider. It is installed in a location indicating satisfactory sound quality. To test it, the user needs to say a few words. It is better to speak low at first, then raise your voice. If the scale reaches the slider, then the microphone is working and recognizes the speech of the laptop owner.
Note! In the presented “Settings” tab, you can find other parameters: check the box under the inscription “Third interlocutors can be included during a call” and so on.
Installing or updating webcam drivers
Drivers are not always installed automatically when connecting a camera or allowing access to other applications. In this case, it is necessary to additionally carry out the driver installation procedure. In the presented question, you can use two ways.
The first way is to install the driver included with the camera. It can also be included in the Windows 10 package. The launch of such a driver can start immediately after connecting a new device via a wire.
Note! Installation takes place in a matter of seconds. From the user, you only need to specify the folder to save the system files, as well as confirm your actions. But the use of such drivers does not guarantee a high-quality image and smooth operation of the device. We have to turn to the second method.
The second way is to use additional drivers. They can be downloaded via a web browser. You have to install such drivers by analogy with simple programs.
The driver should be installed in the following sequence:
- Go to “Device Manager” using one of the above methods.
- Select your device under the word “Cameras” and right-click.
- A list of possible actions will appear. Choose one of the two options “Install Driver” or “Update Driver”.
- The program will start, in which the downloaded driver is selected and continue the installation in the standard way.
Important! The same method can be used to find out if the driver is installed automatically after starting the camera. If this is not the case, you will have to do everything manually, during which you additionally configure the device for further work.
How to enable yourself
Before understanding connectivity issues, you need to learn how to test the camera on a Windows 10 laptop.
Note! Often, computer owners neglect this, as a result of which they waste time connecting, which is impossible.
Connecting a webcam on a laptop is possible independently
Problems launching the webcam
The device does not always work properly after the work done. The following problems may arise:
- the camera does not turn on even if the system is allowed to access the device or other programs. In this case, you need to check if the drivers are installed. If not, then install them. Sometimes this is done through the “Task Manager” immediately and independently. Automatic installation does not always occur, which is determined by the settings from the webcam manufacturer;
- the Windows software system does not see the connected device. In this case, it is recommended to check the integrity of the cable and socket on the PC. Perhaps the problem lies in the non-working accessories. You should plug the USB cable into another computer, if you have one in your home. If the system does not see the connected device there, replace the connection cable;
- the webcam itself is faulty. This can be determined by the absence of the indicator light. Sometimes the device does not work properly, this leads to a software crash when using it or the camera itself heats up. If it is hot, contact your dealer or service center immediately.
In all other situations, you should contact the developers of the purchased webcam. To do this, go to the manufacturer’s website and send a request indicating the purchased model and the existing problem. Call center operators will contact him through feedback (in the manner specified by the sender). They can be asked all the questions of interest. If it is not possible to contact the manufacturers yourself, it is better to go to the sellers and hand over the device under warranty.
Important! The lack of sound from the camera or the image is often not due to a malfunction, but to the lack of installation of drivers. First, you need to check their presence. on the image, sound and microphone, and only then contact the developers or sellers.
Checking on Windows 10
Press the WIN R keys on your keyboard at the same time and enter the command. microsoft.Windows.camera:
The camera application will open and you will immediately see yourself in it if everything is working fine.
A simple service for checking a webcam. Go to it and click on the big button. “Check the webcam”, if the browser asks for permission to work. allow it. If the video works, then everything is fine and you can immediately familiarize yourself with the picture quality.
Another good service, right after you go to it, will show an image from the webcam. If there are any problems, a message will be displayed immediately.
3 Turn on Windows 7
Press the WIN R keys on your keyboard at the same time and enter the command. control printers
Open your webcam in the list of devices and turn it on.
When a problem occurs
Press the WIN R keys on the keyboard at the same time and enter the command. devmgmt.msc
Open the section with imaging devices and see what icon the camera has.
- If it is displayed normally, then right-click and disable and then enable.
- If with a gray arrow, then right-click on it and use.
- If orange. then right-click and delete, then restart the laptop.
If after the reboot the icon is still yellow or in general in this section you did not find the webcam, then reinstall the drivers on it and everything will work. You can find them on the website of your laptop manufacturer.
Interesting! If you still can’t get the WEB-camera to work in any way, then I recommend reading the material with all the solutions to this problem. why the camera on the laptop does not work.
The camera is turned on by simply pressing two buttons on the keyboard: FN ESC or F1-F12 or V. The key must correspond to the one on which the camera is drawn. Most often it is F8, F10 or V.
Interesting! Also, it can be a completely different key, look on the keyboard for which the corresponding icon is depicted.
You need to press the FN key first, and only then another key. Otherwise, the command may not work. Click them and check if everything worked. In the same way, it turns off. with the same keyboard shortcut
Important! If you want to adjust the quality of the image that will be transmitted, then do it in the program or on the website in which you make video calls.
2 We look at the access parameters
Press the WIN I keys on the keyboard at the same time and open the “Privacy” section.
In the left column, go to the “Cameras” group and in the right column in the access block, click on the “Change” button. Check if the parameter is enabled. Individual application access parameters are regulated in the same menu from the bottom.
Interesting! Every time a program requests a camera, you will receive a notification where you can allow or deny access to it.
How to check the camera on laptop and computer. Windows 10 and 7
You can check it in several different ways, using an application on Windows 10, Skype or other programs, or online services on the Internet. Let’s consider how to do this in Windows and a couple of such services so as not to install unnecessary software on your computer.
Interesting! All these methods also answer the question. how to check a WEB-camera on a computer. The external device is checked in exactly the same ways, they are universal.
How to set up a WEB-camera on a computer?
Scammers on Avito sell puppies: how not to get divorced?
How to set up a WEB-camera on a computer?
Here we will take a closer look at how to set up a WEB-camera in Skype, what steps you need to take:
- In the “Tools” item, the “Settings” tab is selected
- Then “Video Settings”.
- If the window that opens contains your image, then the camera turns on automatically and no additional actions are required from you.
- If there is no image, then the whole thing is probably in the drivers. In order to make sure of this, you need to click on the RMB on the start and select the “Device Manager” tab.
- In the resulting list, the name of the WEB-camera is selected and if there is a yellow exclamation mark, you can be sure that the drivers are not installed or are damaged. In the absence of such a sign, you should try to update it.
How to protect yourself from peeping through the camera on Windows without sticking the “peephole”
Divorces when buying and selling an iPhone on Avito: new deception schemes
Many gadget owners often wonder how to set up a WEB-camera on a computer. There are many different problems that prevent it from functioning properly:
- the device is simply not configured;
- missing, outdated or damaged drivers;
- it works, but not as we would like.
What to do if the device is not detected
Quite often, a situation arises when everything seems to be done correctly, the drivers are installed, but the equipment still does not work. In this case, reinstalling or updating them will come to your aid.
Reinstalling the drivers will require the following procedures:
- First, you need to uninstall the old driver. To do this, press the right mouse button (RMB) on the start and select the device manager.
- Look for imaging devices. Right click on it and select “Delete”.
- The next step is to install a new driver. To do this, you will need a software disc directly for your laptop or PC, which should be included with it upon purchase. After inserting the disc, we find a folder called “Webcam”, which contains the drivers. We make their installation. If there is no driver disk, you can download it from the website of the laptop and computer manufacturer. For example, for a Lenovo laptop, you can download and install the driver from https://pcsupport.lenovo.com.
Disable the built-in or integrated webcam
Almost everyone knows where the webcam is installed on a laptop, but does everyone know where to control it from in the system? To disable the webcam in Windows, please refer to the instructions below:
Please note that this method works great on all recent versions of Windows OS, including Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
Step 1: Open Device Manager. To open it, type “Device Manager” (or “Device Manager”) in the search box on the Start menu or Start screen, then press Enter. Alternatively, you can open the Run command window by pressing WinR at the same time, type Devmgmt.msc in the box, and then press enter to open Device Manager.
Step 2: In Device Manager, expand Imaging Devices to see the built-in or integrated webcam. In some cases, the camera may have the name of the manufacturer of your PC.
Note: If you try to disconnect the external USB webcam using this method, it will appear in the USB Controllers section. That is, to see the external device, you need to look into another section of the manager.
Step 3: Right click on the built-in camera, click the “Disable” button, and then click the “Yes” button when the system asks to confirm to disable the built-in camera. Everything, the camera is disabled.
How to disable the built-in webcam on Windows?
Over the past week, quite a few sites have reported on a resource that collects streaming images from thousands of IP cameras. The incident led PC users to consider disabling webcams on their desktops, laptops and tablets.
Even though this incident happened more likely because users did not want to change passwords on IP cameras, it is much easier to disable the built-in or integrated camera if it is not being used in any way.
If you are not very serious about your privacy, you can laugh at this method, but if you are really concerned about privacy, then there is no better option than turning off your webcam when you are idle.
If you decide to turn off the webcam, then there are a bunch of ways. The easiest is to stick paper or adhesive tape on the camera, but it is much more convenient to disable it in the device manager, where you can also quickly turn it on if necessary.
How to enable a disabled webcam?
Step 1: Open Device Manager.
Step 2: Expand the “Imaging Devices” section again, right-click on the built-in camera, click the “Enable” button, and then confirm your decision with the “Yes” button.
Through the same device manager, you can check the operation of the webcam. And it is from here that it is easiest to disconnect and connect the device back, as you could see from the instructions.
What services can be safely disabled in Windows 10
Enable or disable a camera or webcam using a function key
Newer laptops have a physical key that allows you to disable your PC’s camera.
- Find the function button on the keyboard, press it this will turn off the camera, pressing it again will turn it on. (see screenshot below) availability of this option depends entirely on your device model.
Disable camera or webcam in device manager
- You must be logged in as an administrator to be able to use this option.
- Open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc).
- Expand Cameras or Imaging Devices, whichever is available.
- Right click the camera device and select Disable device. (see screenshot below)
If a device is listed with a specific type of IR camera, it is the IR camera used for Windows Hello facial recognition.
- Confirm the action by clicking “Yes”.
- When finished, you can close the Device Manager if you want.
Allow or deny camera access for this device
This option is available starting in Windows 10 Build 17063.
- You must be logged in as an administrator to use this option.
- Open “Options”, go to the “Privacy” group of settings.
- Open the “Camera” section on the left, click on the “Change” button on the right side, and select whether your device can access the WEB-camera. If you need to prohibit, move the switch to the “Open” position, if allow “On”. (see screenshots below)
Turn on your camera or webcam in device manager
- You must be logged in as an administrator to be able to make this option.
- Open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc).
- Expand the camera or imaging devices, whichever is available.
- Right click on the camera and select “Enable device”. (see screenshot below)
- Confirm the action. (see screenshot below)
- Close Device Manager.
How to disable built-in camera or webcam in Windows 10
Published: 10 August 2020 Updated: 10 August 2020
In Windows 10, having a camera as part of the device allows you to make Skype video calls, take pictures, and more. Many apps and services request and use the camera, and Windows settings let you control which apps can use your camera.
The worries associated with the WEB-camera of a laptop or tablet have long grown into a kind of trend. These are malicious applications that could theoretically access your camera. If, whenever your camera is turned on, you are concerned about your privacy, you may want to turn it off. Disabling your camera can be important as it prevents malware from taking over your camera and spying on you.
- If your device or camera came with a camera light, it turns on when the camera is in use.
- If your system does not have a camera light, you will receive a notification that the camera is in use or disabled.
If you have a tablet, laptop with a built-in camera (webcam), you may be wondering how to disable it for privacy and security reasons.
This guide will show you how to completely disable the built-in webcam when needed in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- Enable or disable the webcam using the physical button
- Disable camera or webcam in device manager
- Enable camera or webcam in device manager
- Allow or deny camera access for this device
- Turn the camera on or off using the context menu
Turn the camera on or off using the context menu
This option is only available starting in Windows 10 build 17063.
You must be logged in as an administrator to add or remove an entry to the context menu, all users on your PC will be able to use the context menu if you add one. The command in the context menu “Camera on / off” performs the same action as in the previous method, but it is much easier to do it.
- Download the.bat file below depending on whether you want to add or remove context menu to enable / disable camera.
- Add [Camera on / off] _from_context_menu
- Delete [Camera on / off] _from_context_menu
- Unzip the downloaded.bat file and run it.
- When finished, press any key to close the Command Prompt window. (see screenshot below)
Now you will have a context menu for enabling / disabling the camera, accessible by right-clicking on the desktop.
- When using the context menu, to turn the camera on or off, you will need to press the Win M. keys when you see the notification. (see screenshots below)
You may be interested in:
How to change the video card on a laptop through the device manager
When two adapters are displayed in the settings, for example, Radeon as discrete and Intel as integrated, you just need to right-click on one of them and select “Disable”.
After that, the laptop display will turn off, and the user will need to reboot the system. Despite the simplicity of the method, it should not be used if there is no experience. There is a high probability of disabling or enabling “something wrong” and thereby disrupting system work.
How to switch the graphics card on a laptop: 3 simple and effective ways
Laptops can have 2 video cards: integrated (for everyday tasks) and discrete. for video editing and modern games. Integrated GPUs are weaker than discrete GPUs, but consume less power. Therefore, if you do not need to run heavy utilities, then you do not need to think about switching. However, if you need to work with games or advanced graphics editors, then knowing how to switch video cards on a laptop will come in handy. And this article is just about that.
Working with two adapters at the same time
It happens that even a discrete video adapter is not enough to play at higher graphics settings or work with a heavy graphics utility. In this case, combining the power of the integrated and discrete GPU can help out.
To use integrated and discrete graphics cards at the same time, you must:
- enter BIOS (advanced mode);
- go to the “Advanced” tab;
- click on “System agent configuration”;
- in Graphics Options enable the IGPU function. Here it is also possible to specify the main monitor and memory, which is allocated to the integrated video chip.
- Save changes.
What is responsible for the video adapter on a laptop?
The GPU is responsible for the graphics performance of a laptop or computer. It is not only about displaying images on the screen and its quality. System compatibility with GPU-intensive programs and games depends on the amount of video memory, support for various technologies and codecs.
Video adapters are divided into two main types:
Built-in. the video chip is integrated directly into the processor or soldered into the motherboard. Devices of this type are not distinguished by high performance indicators. For office tasks or watching movies online, this option is suitable, but for modern games, working with graphics, it is not enough.
A discrete video adapter is a separate device that, in addition to the functions of an integrated chip, significantly expands the functionality of a PC. With the launch and work in professional graphics software, the passage of modern games, problems in this case do not arise.
How to switch between graphics cards on a laptop
Most often, the system itself switches between 2 cards depending on the load and requirements for a specific task. But this is not always the case. Therefore, below we will talk about 3 ways that will help you do it yourself.
How to switch the video card in BIOS
Changing one active video chip to another is usually done in the BIOS section called “Peripherals”, or in the “Config”, “Advanced” branches. It all depends on the device model and BIOS version.
Important: the settings for changing the video chip can be different. Sometimes it is enough to just click “Disabled”, but in some cases you will need to drag the card you want to use now to the first position in the list.
The method is suitable for both PCs and laptops. Almost all BIOSes have this option, but there are exceptions. To find out if the system supports the function, you need to click F2 while loading the OS.
Switching laptop video cards with special programs
Such programs will be useful for more convenient and safe switching of discrete rates. Below are options for models from AMD and NVidia.
For AMD-controlled devices, there is also the AMD VISION utility. In it, you can switch the video card like this:
- select “Performance”;
- then. Dual Graphics;
- click on “Disable”, save changes.
What to do if you can’t switch between video cards
If we are talking about a bundle of “related” components. the manufacturer of the integrated and separate GPU is the same. in most cases the problem is solved by installing Catalyst software and fresh drivers for both video cards. As mentioned above, with Catalyst, you can switch between cards yourself. Also, the utility can perform switching automatically depending on the load.
A bundle of discrete and integrated GPUs from different companies also requires the installation of the above software. But in order for the cards to switch automatically, you also need to install special drivers.
Laptop owners can switch between the video cards installed in the device using several methods: classic tools built into the OS, and using separate programs developed specifically for GPUs from different manufacturers. You can choose anything. The main thing to remember: for those who are not sure of the knowledge about the stuffing of laptops, it is better to do without amateur performance and ask the question of switching to a service center.