LG control features
Any LG TV model can be turned on / off and set up without a remote control. This option is necessarily provided by the developers in case of loss, breakage or dead batteries in the remote control.
The vehicle keys have standard meanings: Power, Menu, OK, / The AV button is sometimes displayed separately. It is needed not to turn on the LG TV without a remote control, but to manually switch broadcasting to a DVD player or other external device.
To control equipment via a smartphone, there is also a separate licensed application. LG TV Remote. They can make settings and switch channels to Smart TV. Such models of equipment are produced after 2012. And for them to work, you need an Internet connection via Wi-Fi, Ethernet.
Possible problems when setting with buttons
There are no big difficulties when controlling the TV using the keys. In addition to being unaccustomed to this option for switching programs, gears and settings. But sometimes the following difficulties are encountered:
- Scrolling through the settings. Especially when manually searching for channels. It takes a long time to search for the desired frequency and without a remote control, more time is spent.
- Failure of the buttons themselves. In CRT TVs, the keys become clogged with dust over time and may stop working. This will create great difficulties in tuning and switching channels.
- Broadcasting through a set-top box. Button settings won’t help. The receiver needs a separate remote control.
- The child lock function has been activated. It is installed so that kids do not touch the buttons on the TV. And if you do not turn it off before the remote control fails, you will not be able to control the equipment with the buttons.
What to do if the console’s remote control breaks down? Buy a new one. And during the replacement process, you can try to switch the signal source to the antenna. And tune at least some channels through the keys on the TV.
Working with TV Samsung
Features also depend on the specific TV model. But there are general rules and methods on how to turn on your Samsung TV without a remote control. These include:
- Find a panel with buttons. It is often hidden behind a decorative strip. First you need to find it, lightly press on it. And only after that, the buttons for controlling the equipment will open.
- The standard panel is located on the bottom right under the TV screen. Often in new models, all keys are touch-sensitive, except for Power.
- The easiest way to deal with the joystick is during operation. It is enough to go into the settings via Menu or Source and move the lever in different directions.
- There is a separate Samsung TV Remote app for mobile control. The program interface repeats the buttons of the remote control, so it’s easy to figure it out.
You can control the TV without a remote control according to the general scheme given above. Or go to the manufacturer’s official website, find a model of equipment and see the instructions for it. It is easy to find out TV data by the panel or sticker on the device. It is located most often on the rear panel.
Features of TVs
Absolutely all equipment equipment is push-button control. Therefore, you can both turn on and off the TV without a remote control. And also switch channels and adjust the sound. The only problem is when the channels are streamed through the STB. Its settings cannot be made without a separate remote control.
The location of the buttons on the equipment is different. They can be below the display, on the side panel. Their size can be so small that users do not even notice the presence of keys at first.
For example, for Philips and Toshiba appliances, the keys are most often located on the front panel on the left side. TV from PanSonyk and Bravia are equipped with manual control of the right. Sony, Samsung and LG place the keys on the back, where all the interfaces for connecting third-party equipment are. In CRT TVs, the buttons are visible to the naked eye. They are located under the screen.
The nuances of setting up a Supra without a remote control
Most Supra TVs have buttons on the back. In the same place where the connectors for additional equipment are located. Control, turning on the Supra TV without a remote control goes according to the general scheme:
- Power key to run. Menu to go to settings. And volume, channel switching to control.
- There is an application for remote work from a smartphone.
Important! If you put parental control and do not set a password on it, after the remote control fails, you will not be able to control the equipment. Therefore, in advance in any model and brand of TV set up the correct operation of “Parental Control”.
Standard manual control
To understand how to set up a TV without a remote control, you need to understand the standard values and keys. They are available on all TVs. And they include:
- Power on or POWER. It is located separately and is usually larger than the other keys.
- Go to the menu section. MENU. There are TV models where the same key is used to turn on, only in this case it must be held for 10-15 seconds.
- The key to confirm the selected actions is OK. There are options where to go to the menu you need to click on it twice.
- Channel switching. signs. Located next to each other. They are also used to navigate the menu.
- Volume control. indicated by and Also needed for navigation.
Separately, in older versions of TVs there is a button for switching the signal source. It is designated “AV”. In new versions, the broadcast source is selected through the menu.
In the new TVs from Pan Sony, Philips, Samsung, the control keys resemble a game joystick, near which there is an on / off button.
What actions can be done using the buttons
From the description of the main keys, it is clear that with their help it is easy to turn on / off equipment, increase or decrease the volume, switch channels and enter the settings. An exception is switching and controlling the receiver, which must have a separate remote control.
It is easy to figure out how to change channels and adjust the sound. Let’s consider how to turn on AV mode without a remote control and make other settings in the Menu:
- You can enter the main menu using the Menu button or a long press on Power, or on the central button of the joystick. It all depends on the TV model.
- A list of TV settings appears on the screen. You can move up and down using the volume buttons.
- You can go to the desired subsection using the channel switching keys.
- After setting each parameter, you must confirm the action. To do this, “OK” is provided or pressing the menu button again.
Complete instructions for operating a specific TV model are attached in the passport to the device. You can also read it about Honor on the official website of the manufacturer.
How to Connect Your Phone to a Smart TV: The 8 Best Ways
Owners of TVs with Smart TV support are thinking about the possibility of connecting a smartphone to it. After all, it is so convenient sometimes to display the image directly from the phone without having to look for something separately on TV. And the transfer of data in this case will be greatly simplified. There are many ways to combine two devices.
Features of connection and settings
Depending on the TV model, the process of connecting a smartphone and subsequent setup may differ.
Image transmission from mobile devices from Apple is possible using the AirPlay system. The most important condition for using this option is the presence of an Apple TV set-top box. It is small in size and significantly expands the functionality.
The set-top box connects to the router via a wireless connection. And the same network is used by the iPhone.
To transfer an image on a smartphone, you need to find the AirPlay button in the main menu. A list of devices that can receive information will open. The Apple TV you are using is selected from this list. When you click the “Video Replay” icon, all actions on the smartphone screen will be broadcasted to the TV.
Control of video or music playback is performed by the phone, which in this case seems to be an excellent replacement for the traditional remote.
To LG TV
TVs from LG provide for connection to a smartphone via a USB cable or Wi-fi Direct. But if the brands of TV and smartphone match, the Smart Share function will be available to directly transfer the image to the screen. Connecting your phone to your LG Smart TV via WI-FI won’t be a problem.
The latest Smart TV models run on the webOS operating system. The capabilities of this firmware are enough for comfortable broadcasting of images from the phone. Separately, it is worth highlighting the ability to play audio through the TV even when the screen is off.
To Samsung TV
The vast majority of Samsung TVs already have a built-in Wi-fi tuner, with which connecting the device to the internal network will not be a problem. In this case, it is enough just to turn on the SmartHub mode, which is responsible for a more convenient location of the control buttons.
Once connected, you can use one of the most common wireless methods: Miracast or Wi-fi Direct. Samsung devices support both technologies.
For owners of smartphones from Samsung, it becomes possible to connect a phone to a Samsung Smart TV using the Screen Mirroring function. You need to enable it in the smartphone settings, and then select your TV from the drop-down list. And now the image from the phone is broadcast to the big screen.
Modern digital devices support a convenient wireless data transmission technology called Miracast. The method must be supported by both devices, as well as the use of one common Wi-Fi network.
The technology allows you to comfortably broadcast the image to the screen, play games and watch videos. There are practically no restrictions on viewing.
- in the TV settings in the “Network” section, the Miracast function is activated;
- this type of connection is also launched on the smartphone;
- to start the broadcast, you just need to lower the upper curtain on the smartphone.
It should be noted that not all Android versions are suitable for this type of connection. Sometimes you may not find a similar option in the settings. The solution in some cases may be the installation of additional software.
How to connect your phone to your Smart TV
There are several ways to connect your phone to your Smart TV. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages that determine its use.
The USB connection does not directly transfer the image to the screen. In this case, we are talking about using a smartphone as an external storage device. Opportunities for the transfer and playback of specific files will open, but it will not be possible to use mobile applications.
Almost all smartphones connect as follows:
- using a standard USB cable, the jack in the phone is connected to the corresponding jack on the TV;
- USB input is selected on the TV in the list of signal sources.
If your TV has multiple USB ports, you may need to specify the corresponding number.
After connecting from the TV, you can open the directories of the smartphone and play or move any files from there.
This connection method assumes that the TV has a Wi-Fi adapter. Not all models are equipped with this component, so it’s better to find out in advance. Wi-Fi connection additionally requires a smartphone with Android operating system at least version 4.
The process boils down to a few simple steps:
- in the settings section on the smartphone, you need to select the “Wi-Fi Direct” item and enable this function;
- the device will automatically start searching for available networks and display them on the screen;
- at this time on the TV, you also need to enable the “Wi-Fi Direct” function, which is most often located in the “Network” settings section;
- a list of devices available for connection will appear on the screen, among which you need to find a smartphone and connect to it.
When connected, the TV will send a request to the phone to confirm the operation, after which the signal from the smartphone will be broadcast on the screen along with sound.
DLNA is a set of digital standards that open up vast possibilities for creating a home network. Any devices that support this standard can be combined. At the same time, any media files can be easily transmitted in high quality.
Making a connection may seem a little more complicated than using other methods:
- you will need to provide a common Wi-Fi network and connect all devices to it;
- a special application is installed on the smartphone to create a server for the exchange of information (for Android systems, this is the BubbleUPnP program).
This technology allows you to transfer audio, video and photos to your TV. However, there may be problems with the direct transmission of the image to the screen, since such an opportunity is not provided here.
On Smart TV, it is possible to start radio broadcasting through the 101.ru application. Playback is online, but an Internet connection is required. The user will be able to connect to more than 150 radio stations. The content is updated regularly. You can use the application both in Russia and abroad.
Among other things, you can find author’s stations with a narrow focus. There is a function of searching for songs that sound on the air according to certain parameters (by genre, by the name of the song or by the name of its artist).
Tuning radio on a Samsung TV. step by step instructions
If you figure out how to turn on the radio on a Samsung TV, you can not only watch movies and TV programs, but also listen to music. A very handy feature! Thanks to modern technology, you can even watch movies on your phone screen, but if you tune in the radio on your Samsung Smart TV, you can simultaneously receive up to 150 radio stations.
Where is the radio on a Samsung TV
Tuning radio on a Samsung Smart TV is not that difficult. All the necessary commands are located in the settings.
How to turn on the radio on any Samsung TV:
- turn on the control menu using the corresponding button;
- go to “Search”;
- activate “Manual search”;
- select the desired radio wave and save it.
How to turn on (tune) the radio
In order for the radio to work on Samsung Smart TV, you need to install a special application or purchase a package of channels, among which there will be the required option. The proposed options are suitable only for a certain type of apparatus. Determining exactly how to turn on the radio on a particular Samsung TV can only be experienced.
In order to organize radio broadcasting on Smart TV, Tricolor offers a special application. It’s free. The program comes as an addition to satellite or digital channels. Radio broadcasting is impossible without buying the right to watch television.
The function is available to those who have connected an “Extra” subscription or something from the “Unified” series (simple, multi, multi-light, Ultra HD). Subscribers who have entered into an agreement with Tricolor and are in the coverage area of W7 or Eutelsat W4 can listen to radio broadcasts via satellite.
For the option to work, you need a new receiver. Technologically, radio broadcasting in this mode is implemented as playback of mpeg4 files. This means that the equipment must support this format. Outdated mpeg4 receivers do not accept.
Before connecting radio channels, you need to clarify the capabilities of the existing equipment. Tricolor consultants will help you to resolve this issue either in the chat on the company’s website or in the support service by phone. No separate remote control or any additional equipment required.
If you have problems tuning the radio, you should first reset the parameters to the factory state. Then start the search for radio channels again, save the result.
Controlling the TV with buttons only
If we talk about old models, that is, about CRT TVs, then they had a large button panel in front, with which it was possible to control equipment. All keys are marked accordingly so that the user can change the TV channel or change the volume. Users have almost never had any problems with the management of such equipment.
Turning on the TV without a remote control from a foreign manufacturer is a little more difficult, since all buttons are indicated in English. The keypad has long been moved to the back or side of the TV. This allows the most efficient use of screen space.
Remember that absolutely all TVs are equipped with a panel for manual control. The only difference is that the developers have significantly reduced the size of the keys, and also moved them to the side or rear panel. It can be so tiny that the user simply won’t notice it.
If you are using equipment from Philips, Toshiba, then stand facing the screen and look for the panel on the left side. On TV from PanSonyk and Bravia, the manual control menu is on the right. Sony, Samsung, LG put all the necessary buttons on the back of the TV, in the same place as all the interfaces. The location of the main buttons on the TV panel may vary depending on the model and manufacturer. You must first study the operating manual of the device in detail.
What if you want to turn on the tuner without a remote control? In this case, the situation becomes much more complicated. You need to purchase a new remote control from an electronics supermarket. Since there are no buttons on the front panel of the tuner for switching channels, adjusting the volume.
When the TV is switched on, the broadcast of the TV program that was selected last before the end of the last session starts. In the presets, you can select a channel so that it turns on immediately after starting the TV. How to switch channels without a remote control on Panasonic, DAEWOO equipment? The manufacturer does not play a special role, since the switching between TV channels is carried out according to an identical algorithm.
There are dedicated buttons on the manual control panel. Click on them to scroll forward or backward through TV channels. What if these buttons are missing? How do I change channels? In this case, you need to go to the corresponding section of the menu to switch to another channel, use the volume buttons and. accordingly.
Ways to turn on the TV without using the remote and buttons
What if the TV remote control stops working? How do I turn on the technique or change the channel? You can turn on the TV without a remote control using special buttons located on the manual control panel. You can not only switch channels, but also adjust the volume, change the signal source, and even customize the work of the technician.
Turning the TV on and off without a remote control
As mentioned earlier, if the remote control is broken, then to turn on or off the TV, you need to find the manual control panel. All nuances are clearly described in the user manual. How to turn on the TV without a remote control? You must press the POWER button. Some models are enabled via Menu.
Set up Screen Mirroring : Samsung Smart TV and HTC One
Check if the LED is on. If not, then the problem is not with the remote control. The equipment may not be connected to the network. It is also necessary to check the operability of all elements of the power supply system. Modern TV models are equipped with a touch-sensitive power button. When the technique starts, the button will light up in the corresponding color.
Setting up your TV without a remote control
Some TV models have a manual control panel that visually looks very much like a game joystick. By and large, this is one large key with which you can fully control the TV. To confirm the action, you need to hold down the key in the center. To select the required command, click in a certain direction. The operating algorithm is very similar to that of old mobile phones.
Mostly a joystick-shaped manual control panel is found on TVs from Samsung or DAEWOO.
Using the example of such a TV, we want to analyze the procedure for setting, for example, brightness:
Huawei Mate 20/30 Pro: How to Screen Mirror (Wireless Projection) to Samsung Smart TV
- First you need to open the main menu, to do this, hold down the joystick in the middle and hold it in this position for a few seconds.
- The screen will display a list of functions that can be used to customize the technique.
- Select the desired function by toggling between options by pushing the joystick up and down.
- The command you need will be called “Contrast”, to select it press the center of the joystick.
- Change the contrast level to the desired value. Use the left and right buttons to adjust.
- To save the adjusted settings, press the center of the joystick.
- To exit the settings menu, hold down the joystick in the middle and hold it for a few seconds.
According to this principle, absolutely all functions, without exception, are configured. The manual control panel makes it extremely easy to sequence the TV channels. Finding the program you need will be much easier. This is done according to the following algorithm:
- Go to the main menu by clicking on the corresponding button.
- Select the “Channel setup” section, and then the “Manual setup” subsection.
- To confirm the entrance to the section or subsection, click on the “OK” button.
- Open the “Programs” item.
- Assign a specific serial number to each TV channel.
- To switch between numbers, use the buttons: up, down, left, right.
- Do not forget to confirm the previously selected values by pressing the “OK” button.
- The color of the region is selected according to a similar principle.
- Adjust sound settings.
- Search for new TV channels.
The found TV channels must be stored in the TV’s memory. To find new channels, repeat the steps above.
Let’s say the TV manual control panel is found, but how exactly do you use it? Regardless of which TV brand you use: LG, Samsung or Sony, the set of buttons and their meaning will be identical:
- POWER. the key to turn on / off the TV. Mostly it is located separately from other buttons.
- MENU. a button to enter the menu, in some models this key is used to turn on the TV.
- The OK button is needed to confirm a particular command. For example, by clicking on it, you can select a specific section of the menu.
- – these buttons are needed to switch TV channels. They also need to be used to switch between menu sections.
- Buttons. and are designed to adjust the sound.
Separately, it is worth talking about changing the signal source. This is mainly done through the menu, namely in the appropriate section. However, older models are equipped with a special button labeled “AV”, you just need to press it. This is very convenient if a tuner or media player is connected to the TV.
Modern TV models from Samsung, Panasonic, Philips are equipped with a manual control panel that visually resembles a game joystick.
Controlling the TV via a smartphone
Downloading a special application will allow you to use your mobile phone as a remote control. There are several effective programs to fully control your TV. However, the TV Remote is the best option. This program is suitable for absolutely all TVs. You can download the software from the AppStore or Google Play.
Install the app. Synchronization of a mobile phone with a TV can be done in several ways:
- infrared port;
Much depends on the TV model and phone. One of the main advantages of this program is considered to be an intuitively simple and clear interface. In the application you will find exclusively necessary commands.
Absolutely all TV models have such an option as child protection. The function presupposes locking of all buttons of the manual control panel. You cannot deactivate the child lock without the remote control. Some models may be an exception, but you will have to enter a special password for this. Therefore, be sure to first read the instructions.
That’s all. Now you know that you can control your TV without a remote control. It is enough to use the manual control panel.