The connection is divided into wireless and wired. The cable does not always have to be identical on both sides: there are many adapters for different connectors.
The disadvantage of wireless connection, which immediately catches the eye. the possibility of unstable signal. And in the wired one, the presence of a wire. It may be short or broken somewhere inside, causing no connection, and the cable may be intact on the outside. But disadvantages can be found in absolutely everything, so let’s not focus our attention on this, let’s proceed directly to the methods.
TVs made by modern standards have DLNA technology. Its essence is the ability to transfer data within the home network. This can be done not only by cable, but also by Wi-Fi. In the second case, both devices must be connected to the network.
By default, the TV will only be able to use shared folders. To fix this, go into your laptop’s settings and go to Network. It allows you to share the entire storage space. However, in this case, you will lose the security of your information.
That way, anyone who accesses your Wi-Fi network will be able to use your data. But it is possible to make one folder visible, which is needed at the moment.
Much better and more convenient if your TV is equipped with Miracast or Intel WiDi technology. Turn them on the TV and you can connect to your laptop wirelessly. This is done as follows:
- On your laptop, right-click on the empty space on the screen.
- You will see a menu. At the bottom of the list will be the Screen Settings tab. Click on it.
- In the window that appears, scroll down through the menu Displays and find Connect to wireless display. When you turn it on, a new window will open that will display all of the screens that you can connect to for picture transmission. Choose the right device.
By doing this, the TV display will show your laptop’s entire desktop, allowing you to forget about the laptop’s small resolution.
Transfer the picture from the laptop to the TV, you can use an HDMI cable. Before you start, make sure that you have a connector for both devices so that you do not make a wrong purchase.
After the ports are defined, you can connect. To do this:
- Plug one end of the wire into the TV and the other end into the laptop.
- On the remote control of your TV, open the menu, which will determine the signal source.
- Choose HDMI.
Done. Now you need to adjust the resolution on your laptop. When the laptop finds the TV, you will be offered two options for broadcasting. duplicate, split, or using the second screen as the main screen.
Done. Now you need to adjust the resolution on your laptop. It happens so that after connection, the picture is displayed indistinctly. it means that the problem is in the aspect ratio. Go into the screen settings and find the best settings to suit your TV.
Rather old-fashioned way to transfer the image. When this connector was designed, DVI was intended to project a video file onto digital devices. He is the father of HDMI. Only though it is older, it can not transmit sound. which significantly loses its significance. You’ll need a mini-jack for the audio.
The HDMI instructions above will work for the connection.
Not the most reasonable way to connect, because the quality of the transmitted image leaves much to be desired. Broadcasts video files with 576i and 480i, which of course is not enough, if we talk about modern formats. Not only that, you need an adapter from S-Video to RCA. Audio is not supported, same with DVI. To get it, use a mini-jack connector.
Via USB you can also transfer images from your notebook to your TV. But if we are talking about video, then immediately discard this option, because it does not imply the transfer of video content. Images, different presentations, documents. that’s all you need.
LAN. the port used to transmit the Internet connection. This is suitable if your TV does not have Wi-Fi. To connect the whole thing in this way:
- Connect the TV to the router with the Internet, using a network cable.
- Do the same with your laptop. Here you can also connect via Wi-Fi. it doesn’t matter, as long as you are connected to the same network as your TV.
- You will need to install the appropriate streaming software on your laptop. App Home Media Server will do. It has a fairly simple installation, understandable on an intuitive level.
- Allow access to the folders you want to use.
Done. Enjoy the picture from your laptop to your TV.
The disadvantage of this connection is the absence of sound, when paired. To make the sound appear, you can use an adapter with tunes, or the same mini-jack. To not bother with the audio, the sound is left on the laptop by connecting the speakers to it. You can also use the laptop’s built-in speakers.
Do not forget to select the correct resolution for maximum viewing pleasure.
Expands and translates as Red Green Blue. This connector is intended as a replacement for SCART, as the latter is already quite outdated and modern manufacturers have abandoned its use. But RGB is not far behind either. you’ll often see it on older TVs. Can go with all the same SCART or Tulip.
Connecting via Scart
European standard that can transmit both digital and analog signals. Audio, video. everything he can do.
In order to project images from your laptop to your TV, it’s best to use an adapter from VGA to SCART. There’s an explanation. SCART is most commonly found on TVs, and VGA on laptops.
Apple has taken care of its users and has implemented the AirPlay technology in its services. What’s its essence? With it, you can quickly and easily transfer a picture from your laptop to your TV. In just a couple of minutes. On Windows computers this function does not exist, but you can download a third-party application that replaces it. The program is called AipParrot. You can install it for free.
- Go to the website. airsquirrels.com/airparrot
- Next to the 12 button.99 there is another one. TRY. Click on it.
- Click on the Windows version.
- Download the program by clicking on Download.
- A window will pop up. Click Save.
- Go to the program.
The only significant disadvantage is the 7 day trial period from the start of use.
- On the official Apple website, install iTunes.
- Open the File menu and turn on the displayed collection.
- The AirPlay icon appears in the video player.
For example, if you don’t have Wi-Fi, but you have an HDMI port, an extra adapter can help. There are 3 to choose from:
Simply plug one of the choices into your TV’s HDMI connector.
All ways to connect your laptop to your TV
You and I are witnessing the rapid and deliberate development of computer technology. There are more and more new devices that make it easier for us to get information, as well as improve the quality of its presentation and processing.
If we look at a modern laptop, we will be surprised at how many features this device combines. In addition, it has a sufficient number of connectors, and therefore can easily integrate with other devices. How to connect a laptop to a TV? This question a lot of people ask themselves, who want to output media files from the laptop to the TV. In this article we will try to answer this question.
How to synchronize the screens of the computer and usual TV?
It is also possible to connect an ordinary TV to the laptop. There are several ways to do this.
There is a special home media server, which allows you to connect your laptop to a simple TV via Wi-Fi. The main advantage of the server is versatility.
- The first step is to download the selected program to your laptop and run.
- The program will immediately give you a list of available devices. In it you need to find the right model of TV.
- Then the program will offer access to standard media folders on the laptop. By clicking on the green plus sign, you can expand several files and add them to broadcast on the big screen.
This program is only for owners of Samsung TV sets. The program is compatible with any TV that supports DLNA. Instructions for use:
- Laptop and TV must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Download and run the program on your laptop. It weighs about 52MB.
- Open the program and find the “Windows Explorer” analogy.
- Find folders you need for playback.
- Drag and drop all the necessary files to the right side of the window.
- Click on “Share” and then on “Set Device Policy”.
- Start the list of available devices.
- Click on OK.
- Find “Modified state” in the common access.
- Once everything is updated you should move to TV.
In the TV, you should find the TV sources, there click Share Manager and find a folder called Share Folder. PC files and directories will appear on the screen.
This is a free program in Russian that will help you create a DLNA channel. It is very easy to navigate and it can be mastered even by an inexperienced user.
The program has a number of pluses:
But for such a program the laptop must have some obligatory technical characteristics. These include:
- Main memory of laptop must be not less than 512 MB.
- Hard drive should contain not less than 150 MB of free space.
- Operating system on the laptop. Windows, Linux, OSX.
If no HDMI wire is available and you need to connect to a TV, there are different wireless methods of connecting the two devices.
Instructions on how to synchronize using a DLNA server. This is a standard Windows option called “Multimedia Streaming”:
- TV must have a Wi-Fi Direct function.
- Find the folders you want to view on your PC and right click on them.
- Press “provide access to.”.
- Using the item “Start” you select the Home network.
- In the TV, select the item that is responsible for displaying files from external sources.
If the movie doesn’t play, you may not be able to view it in the correct format.
Via Wireless Display
This is the easiest connection method. It helps not just to play files on the screen, but to achieve a full projection of the image from the computer to the TV via Wi-Fi. Allows you to play widescreen video, as well as high-quality sound.
How to transfer the image from the computer via Wi-Fi via Wireless Display:
- Connect laptop and PC to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the special menu “Screen Mirroring”.
- In Wireless Display on your laptop, press the “connect” command.
- Select the desired brand of TV as the available devices.
- At the bottom of the new panel will be a link to “connect to the wireless monitor.
There is another option for finding the right TV:
- On the keyboard, type a combination of Win I.
- As soon as the “Windows Settings” window is triggered, select “Devices”.
- In the tab that appears, click “Add Bluetooth or other device”.
- In the dark window that appears on your laptop, click on “Wireless Display”.
After the device search is completed, select the desired TV.
For such a connection, it is important to observe several points:
How to Duplicate/Extend Your Computer Screen With an HDMI to Monitor/TV on Windows 10
- The signal must be good.
- There must not be any other powerful connection points between the TV and the source.
- Wi-Fi network for communication and network for data transfer are two different channels. When connecting devices via this channel, you must remember about the Internet connection for the video broadcast itself.
How to Connect a Laptop to Your TV via WI-FI
You can connect your laptop to the TV without using wires and cables. You can do it wirelessly, but this requires WI-FI in both devices. If WI-FI in portable computers is commonplace, the TV, often not equipped with wireless means of communication. Exception are newer models, as well as Smart TVs.
In the case of transferring an image from a laptop to TV via WI-FI, you need to have both devices connected to the same router. Although, if your TV supports Wi-Fi Direct, you do not need to connect to the router. In this case, you do not need to perform any settings, the devices will find and connect to each other independently. So, to set up the connection you need to configure the DLNA server. In order for you to be able to watch videos from your laptop, it is important to set the settings so that the TV has access to folders.It is best to connect via the Control Panel in the Network and Internet.
After the connection is set up, you need to see the list of connecting devices in the TV settings. For example, in Sony TVs, you can do this by pressing the Home button and selecting the appropriate section. In LG brand TVs, in the settings there is a section SmartShare to connect to peripheral devices. On models of other manufacturers, menu sections and actions are almost identical, and it is not difficult to find.
How to broadcast a picture from your smartphone to the TV?
Yes, you can do that too. Not with all smartphones of course. Ideal for Samsung Galaxy Note 8/9. You need to buy DEX station separately. The station is connected to the TV, the smartphone to the station, the keyboard and mouse are connected to it. Done! Now you have a full-fledged PC on your TV.
Don’t forget that the Note 8 and Note 9 specifications are much richer than some laptops and PCs.
Particularly different Samsung smartphones of the latest release models. They have a “Broadcast to Smart TV” button. Pressing this button starts an automatic search for available Samsung TVs. You need to choose the right TV and wait. It all depends on the speed of the Internet. Ideally, the picture will appear on your screen instantly. A very handy feature that is in the new flagships.
All ways to connect your smartphone to the TV. in the following
The main advantage of this digital interface is its versatility. It is found both on the older models and on the new ones. Scart output provides high-quality transmission of audio and video, but to use this type of connection you need an adapter cable, because laptops are not equipped with such a connector.
You can connect your laptop to the TV using Scart. It should be noted that an audio cord to transmit the sound to the TV is included in the basic package. Scart is mostly used to connect older TV models. So if you have a newer model, then it is more appropriate to give preference to the HDMI connection.
The main problem is that your computer does not see your television set. And there may be a lot of interesting options for the cause of the problem.
The main way to fix it: reboot everything. Step by step:
- Shutting down your computer.
- Turn off the TV.
- Turn off router.
- Wait 1 minute.
- Turn router back on.
- Turn the computer on.
- Switch on the TV.
Most network problems are gone right away. Other problems:
- Does not see the TV. the main thing here is to check that everything is in the same network, on the same router, and everything was connected. The other ones will usually be rescued by rebooting. Don’t forget that your TV must support DLNA or just be Smart TV (old “boxes” are not suitable).
- The format is not supported or the file is not available for reading and writing. check all codecs, whether the file plays by itself on the computer? In an extreme case, it is possible that the glitch is on the TV, but usually the problem is on the computer, the main thing is that everything can be played as it is.
- The film lags and stutters, but the speed of your network and router is usually the problem. The bigger the movie, the harder it will be to transfer it “in time”. So either you improve the bandwidth of your network, or compress the transmitted video file, or connect via cable.
Addition. Remembered another common reason for not seeing the TV on the network. network discovery is disabled. The easiest way to fix it is this:
If you don’t get this warning and other computers and devices in your home are displayed in the window. everything is normal, the problem is in something else.
The second monitor allows you to view multiple videos simultaneously, as well as display a video or game in the background, while continuing to work on your computer. This function is very handy especially if the user has only one device and a few people who are just waiting for the right moment to take the device away and go about their business.
Additional monitor will allow you to share your needs. There are two categories of picture transmission to the TV:
How to transfer the picture over HDMI cable?
This type of connection to the TV you will need if your TV or PC is an older model and can not connect via the network.
Fortunately this cable is quite common and is available in many electrical stores. It can range in size from 1m-23m. After you buy a cord, you should find the right ports in your TV and PC. The following steps will help you establish a connection between the devices:
- On the back (or side) of your TV there is a connector. That’s where one end of the cable is inserted.
- The other end connects to your computer’s system box.
- Find and open your TV’s menu.
- Choose HDMI as the signal source.
- Adjust the resolution settings when outputting to the big screen.
How to project through an S-Video interface?
One of the earliest connectors used. It is available in almost every device. S-Video interfaces provide better color and contrast than their other modern equivalents. Also S-Video requires no adapters, so the connection will be quicker and easier to implement.
To do this, turn on the search and scroll through the frequencies until you come across the PC desktop.
If you have older equipment, you can input images via this interface. Almost all machinery includes this interface in its resources. VGA is a standard connector. You must have a VGA cable, and your computer must support this interface and have the correct connector. If all of the above are present, there should be no problems with installation.
- Insert the wire plugs in each socket.
- Turn on your PC and your TV.
- Choose a VGA interface as the main signal source.
- In a Windows system, make the connection settings and adjust the resolution.
Before you can connect your TV to a PC with a VGA interface, you must set up your operating system accordingly:
- Click on the empty space on your desktop with the PKM.
- From the context menu, choose the “Screen resolution” section.
- Open the “Screen” menu.
- Choose one of the available picture modes.
- Save your changes.
Network output without wires
This is a more convenient, faster, and advanced method of connecting to the TV.
Is a set of standards that allows a variety of media content to be transmitted to compatible devices over a home network.
It is a technology for connecting digital devices into a single network. That is, by connecting your computer and TV via this network, you will be able to transfer content to the TV from internal folders stored on your computer To connect your TV to your computer using DLNA technology, follow these steps:
- Connect your TV to your router.
- On your computer’s Control Panel, go to “Network and Internet” to set the home (or private) network.
- Open the View Connected TV Devices section.
- Finally, right-click the PC on the desired file to bring up the context menu. From the window that pops up choose the “Play to” line.
How to transmit a video signal using Miracast technology?
Is a technology that allows you to turn your TV into a wireless personal computer screen. One of the nicest features is that the technology does not care what video stream to broadcast. You can transmit video encoded by any codec, packed in any format, even write-protected.
It should be noted that not all devices support Miracast. For full-fledged operation it is necessary to have equipment that runs on Intel-processors.
- You must activate the Miracast (WiDi) setting on the TV. If this feature is not available, you just need to turn on Wi-Fi. Samsung products have a special “Mirroring” button.
- Next, you must run the computer program Charms.
- There you select the “Devices” button, then the “Projector” button. The last one can be signed “Send to screen“.
- If Miracast is supported by a PC, you will be prompted to “Add a wireless display. The user only has to agree.
How to switch the screen via Wi-Fi?
Consider how to connect a laptop to TV over Wi-Fi to broadcast the screen, so you can use it as a laptop monitor, what software will be needed to transfer the image. This more common way to connect to your TV requires, in addition to having a Wi-Fi module, that the TV itself be connected to the same network as the computer on which the video and other content is stored.
Simply connect to the network created by the TV itself. The connection is made from the appropriate menu of your TV. Thus, that and connection to Wi-Fi of any other device.
Instructions for connection:
- Activate the TV wireless technology synchronization. Miracast or WiDi. On Samsung TVs, this feature will be called “Screen Mirroring”.
- Download the Intel Wirelles Display software to your computer beforehand. This will allow you to connect equipment via WiDi.
- Find the “Wireless Monitor” command. The connection will perform a security check, you need to enter a code that will appear on the TV screen.
All Apple products are known to have AirPlay, which allows you to display your device’s screen on your Apple TV. There is no such feature on your PC, but there is an app called AirParrot, which lets you do the same thing.
- Visit the website.
- Click on Try AirParrot.
- Select Windows OS and select your bit system.
- Click on Download.
- On the window that appears press save.
- After downloading, go to the program and select the free version (Try AirParrot).