The easiest way to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone is with the software tools that Apple has provided for both operating systems.
The first time you turn on your iPhone (after activating it) you will have access to the “apps and data” screen. Click “Transfer Data from Android.”. If you’ve already set up your iPhone, you must start from the beginning by rolling the device back to factory settings. So:
On your Android device, download the “Move to iOS” app (link) from the Google Play store.
Select “Continue” in the Android app, then agree to the terms.
On the next screen, you’ll see a “Find the code” message that says, “If you don’t see the code on your iPhone, make sure you’re in the initial iPhone setup process and have selected Transfer Data from Android”.
On your new device, wait for the ten- or six-digit code to appear.
Go back to your Android device, enter the code, then wait for the data transfer screen to appear.
In this case, we are talking about transferring contacts from Android to iPhone. You can also move your messaging history, photos and videos, web page bookmarks, email accounts, and calendars.
Note: During this process, you need to set both devices aside until the loading bar on the iPhone fills up, regardless of what the second device shows. Depending on the number of contacts, the process can take several seconds or minutes.
How to transfer contacts from SIM-card, Gmail or phone to iPhone and iCloud
Beginners iPhone users often encounter a number of problems associated with the differences between the structure of iOS interface and other platforms. In particular, many new owners of Apple smartphones feel certain difficulties in synchronizing contacts. Let’s analyze this situation in details.
To begin with, many users who bought their first iPhone are wondering, “How do I transfer contacts from the SIM card to the iPhone? Here we should explain that just transfer contacts to iPhone is not enough. ideally you should set up a synchronization with iCloud (do not be scared, it’s very simple), so that your contacts are never lost.
We also strongly recommend you to stop using any third-party services (for example, Gmail) for storing contacts in favor of iCloud when you switch to iPhone (in detail).
Using the Contact Mover Account Sync app
If you have an old phone, you can transfer information to the new phone from the Contact Mover Account Sync app. Mover is very useful and easy to use. Its use looks like the following:
You can also reset contacts to SIM card, and then from SIM card to iPhone (new). The old-fashioned way, so to speak. The method is a little inconvenient, unlike the ones described above. But it works and is just as easy to do.
If phone numbers are stored in the SIM card, then it is enough to transfer the card to the new phone. Otherwise, you should consider the following ways:
- Import records from vcf file.
- Synchronize data with iCloud.
- Use the iTunes desktop application.
- Third-party applications.
- Import numbers from SIM card.
The vcf option is optimal if you previously had a backup copy of contacts stored in the cloud or on a PC. In this case, just send the file to the new smartphone, and then import contacts.
The cloud-based iCloud service allows you to automatically transfer your contacts to your phone. It is enough to activate the synchronization option on the old phone, and then to do the same operation on the new phone.
iTunes is useful when the network on your iPhone does not work or you have problems with iCloud service.
Third-party applications allow you to back up and transfer important information. Convenient way when you do not have a computer at hand.
The method of importing numbers from the SIM card is useful if you want to change your phone number.
My Contacts Backup app
To transfer all contacts from iOS to Android with this application, you must first download and install it.
On Android, you don’t need to download it, and there is no such version. After installation, import contacts:
On Android, you can open as many vcf files as you like, which means you can transfer records more than once. So check the box next to “vCard”.
Let’s continue talking about ways to transfer contacts from your iPhone.
Synchronize your Google contacts with your iPhone
The easiest way to transfer contacts is to use your Google account. The thing is, your Android smartphone was definitely synced with Google, otherwise you would not be able to download a game, watch a YouTube video, and do many other things.
And you used your account for this. Here you can connect your iPhone to it to transfer entries from your phone book.
That’s it. After that, it will automatically import from Gmail. All you have to do is wait for it to happen.
Usually this process does not take much time, especially if the copying is from a new to a new iPhone. Now you know how to synchronize your Google contacts. Let’s see other ways.
If the phone numbers are stored on the SIM card, just move the card to the iPhone. Then go to settings, “Mail, addresses, calendars” item. Go down and select “Import contacts from SIM”.
If contacts are not saved on SIM card then beforehand do the following operation:
- On your Android device, open your phone book.
- Next, expand the hidden menu, where you select Import/Export.
- In the new window from offered variants choose “Export to SIM-card”.
- Select the numbers, and then click on the “Export” button.
Important! The SIM card has a limit of 255 entries, so some contacts will not fit.
How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone (Fast and Easy)
How to transfer contacts to iPhone from Android
Previously, we looked at ways to transfer contacts from one iPhone to another. But what to do for those who are going to replace their Android smartphone with a new iPhone? Of course, even in this case there are quite a few options on how to move address book data from phone to phone.
- Insert a SIM card into your old phone.
- Move all contacts to the chip memory.
- Put SIM-card into your iPhone.
- Synchronize your old device with Gmail by placing your contacts there.
- Open the iPhone settings.
- Select “Mail, Addresses, Calendars.
- Click on “Add account”.
- Choose “Google.
- Enter your account information.
- Wait for data import to finish.
- Download the Move to iOS app to your old phone.
- When launching iPhone, select “Transfer data from Android.
- Memorize the code that appears on the screen.
- Launch the Android app that you downloaded.
- Enter a code that was offered by iPhone during initial setup.
- Click on “Continue”.
- Choose contacts to transfer.
- Wait until data import is completed.
- Create a backup as a vcf file on your Android device.
- Send the received file to the iPhone in any convenient way.
- Open a backup on your iPhone and select “Create new contacts.
- Create a backup on Android.
- Choose a received file and press “Send via Bluetooth”.
- Confirm reception on the iPhone.
- Download the Android smartphone app of the same name.
- Run the program on the old phone, wait for the completion of the synchronization and remember the proposed PIN-code.
- Open the settings of your iPhone.
- Select “Mail, Addresses, Calendars”.
- Create a new account by specifying Yandex mail.
- Confirm the synchronization.
What method is better to use, let everyone decides for himself. But it is worth noting that the transfer using the SIM card seems to be the easiest. However, it does not allow you to open more than 250 contacts on your iPhone.
How to export contacts from iPhone 4 ways
Despite their multifunctional capabilities, modern smartphones are still primarily phones. While using the iPhone, users sometimes accumulate a huge number of contacts, which sometimes have to be exported to a computer or to another phone. In this article we will tell you how to send contacts from iPhone, extract contacts from iPhone backup copy, export contacts in.vcf or in Excel format (.csv).