You can do this quickly enough and without too many problems. You can use one of two ways, which I will offer you right now.
On the Apple Watch
The first way is that to reset the pair, you will need exclusively the Apple Watch.
- First of all, open Settings, go to the Main and then Reset;
- select Erase content and settings and then confirm the action;
- wait until the pair is completely disconnected.
To create a new pair, read the article on the official Apple website https://support.Apple.com/en-ru/HT204505.
On the iPhone
On the iPhone itself, it’s also possible to do this. As in the first case, it won’t take much time.
Instructions you need to follow:
- launch the Apple Watch app, go to the My Watch tab, and select the watch above;
- click on the letter i in the circle and then click on Break Pair with Apple Watch;
Again, to create a new pair, follow the same link https://support.Apple.com/en/HT204505.
Breaking the tether between 2 Apple gadgets may be necessary when you sell either of them, as well as when you break the iOS update process. In addition, sometimes there is a software failure, which leads to incompatibility. In this case, you also need to deactivate the current connection and establish a new one.
The standard procedure for breaking the gadget tethering is to assume that the user has 2 devices available. However, in case the watch is lost, there is an option to do this remotely through Apple’s services.
Otherwise, when a person does not have access to the tethered iPhone, he can use the function of removing information, which can be activated through the iWatch off button or called from their main menu.
Both devices are in the owner’s possession
If a person has access to both the Apple Watch and the iPhone with which to unlink, a simple step-by-step instruction is sufficient to disconnect the synchronization of the gadgets:
- Place both devices next to each other.
- Find the Apple Watch in the phone’s apps menu and open it.
- Go to the My Watch menu by clicking on the icon at the bottom of the screen on the left and selecting the Apple Watch.
- In the window that appears, click on the i icon.
- Click on the red Unpair with Apple Watch inscription. After that, a prompt to save your mobile carrier’s rate will appear on the 3 and 4 series watch. If the owner of the watch plans to later connect it to a new iPhone, it is not advisable to remove this setting. This function is not available to those living in Russia.
- Confirm action in dialog window. When prompted, enter your Apple ID.
One of the gadgets is sold
If the user of an Apple watch wants to unlink it from a sold or lost phone, they need to:
- On the watch screen, click the Gears icon;
- Select the Basic tab;
- scroll through the appeared list of settings to the Reset section;
- Click on Erase content and settings.
The action cannot be performed without confirming the ID. If the user has forgotten it, you can return to the factory settings in the following way:
- set the gadget to charge;
- Hold down the side button and wait until the word Off appears;
- Hold it for a second, then flick it up;
- In the menu that appears after the previous step, click on Erase Content and Settings.
If the inscription Off does not appear when you press the button to deactivate the gadget, you should release it and, having waited until the keyboard for entering the password appears, press it and, as described above, pull towards the top of the screen. This will make the Reset function available, which is indicated by an icon in the form of a rounded arrow.
Unlink the phone using the site
The manufacturer of gadgets gives users the opportunity to unlink any of them from their Apple ID, acting through the official site. To do this, you must:
- go to My Devices;
- press the Change products button;
- delete from the suggested list the sold device.
Unlinking with iTunes
To unlink a gadget that has become unnecessary to your Apple ID, just follow the following step-by-step instructions:
- Open iTunes, enter your login and password.
- In the menu at the top of the window, click Account.
- In the tab that pops up, select View My Account.
- Enter your password again.
- Scroll down the page to find the iTunes section of the cloud and click on Manage Devices.
- In the list of related gadgets that appears, find the one you no longer need and click the Delete button to the right of its name. If it is inactive, you must sign out of your account on this device and repeat the above steps.
How to disconnect old Apple Watch from iPhone
Make sure your iPhone and Apple Watch are close to each other.
Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
Select the My Watch tab, and then select your watch.
Here will be all Apple Watch connected to your iPhone. If you have more than one watch, click on the “i” icon next to the one you want to disconnect.
Tap Unpair your Apple Watch.
Now enter your Apple ID password.
Wait for your Apple Watch to reset, erase all content, and reboot.
Unlinking Apple Watch from iPhone
If the “smart watch” and iPhone (iPod) are in the possession of the user, then it will be quite easy to unlink these devices from each other.
How To Unpair Apple Watch From iPhone (Updated)
To do this, you should go through several steps:
- put your Apple Watch and gadget side by side on a flat surface;
- Open the appropriate Watch app on your iPhone;
- to find the menu of electronic watches;
- Locate the sub-item Apple Watch, where you should select the i icon;
- After that, with the press of a single key, you can break the pairing;
- Confirm that the cancellation will be synchronized;
- erase all traces of the watch in the communicator.
How to properly unlink iWatch from Apple ID and iCloud?
In September 2014, the popular Apple corporation unveiled the iWatch, which is fully synchronized with all of the company’s products. This novelty is a great addition to the main device. With its help, the user is given the opportunity to remotely control the main functions of the iPhone, for this should appear the “i” button on the Smart Watch when synchronizing the devices.
How to break up a pairing with the Apple Watch without a phone
If you get a new Apple Watch or iPhone, get a replacement, or sell any device, you’ll want to pair off the Apple Watch first. You can pair the Apple Watch with or without your iPhone, as well as this option if you forget your Apple Watch password. In this article, we’ll talk about how to unpair your Apple Watch without your phone. Let’s get started!
Before you disconnect your Apple Watch from a pair, be sure to back up all your information. When you back up your iPhone using iCloud or iTunes, it will automatically back up your Apple Watch. Note that the backups must be encrypted so that all data is saved in the Apple Watch backup when using iTunes.
In order to disconnect the Apple Watch from your iPhone, you need to follow a few simple steps:
After that, the “Find iPhone” feature will be disabled, and the password information will also be unavailable. When a pairing is broken up, the smartphone will ask for the Apple ID password that’s listed on this iPhone. Enter it and the watch will start rebooting. After that, your smartphone will only have the one watch you need. If you don’t know how to connect your new Apple Watch, check out this blog article on the subject. For the method above, to break the pairing with the Apple Watch, you need to have the watch handy.
How to create and break a pair with the Apple Watch
Apple is positioning its watch as a companion to the iPhone, so there’s no way around it without an initial tethering to a smartphone. To use the Apple Watch, you need an iPhone 6s or newer models. Android smartphones are not officially supported, and cannot be connected.
In addition, the firmware version of the watch must match the phone software. For example, iOS 14 is fine for watchOS 7, but watchOS 8 already needs iOS 15. If you have an Apple Watch with up-to-date firmware, but not yet an iPhone, you will have to update the software on your smartphone to create the pair (“Settings” → “Main” → “Software update” → “Download and Install”).
You will also need to charge both gadgets at least 50% to make it work. In addition, you’ll need to take care of an Internet connection and make sure your smartphone has Bluetooth working.
You can connect several different Apple Watches to the same iPhone and wear them alternately, for example with a certain style of clothing. You will only receive notifications on the active watch on your wrist.
You may need to break the pairing in order to tie it to another iPhone or to sell it on the secondary market. This procedure is necessary to delete your personal data. Also, without it, the Apple Watch will not be able to connect to another device.
What to do if the iPhone can’t see the Apple Watch
If there are connectivity issues, in order to pair the Apple Watch, you’ll need to pair the devices again:
- Place the Apple Watch and the paired iPhone in close proximity.
- Check that the iPhone does not have air mode enabled, and that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are activated, by opening the “Controls” item.
- When the air mode icon pops up on the screen, go to “Manage” and disable it.
- Perform a reboot of the paired devices.