Use these tips to remove traces of your Google activity
Regardless of how much you use Google services, you have complete control over your search history. Follow the steps below to learn how to delete Google history from your Google account, from the Google Chrome web browser, or from the Google app.
Clearing Google search history does not mean that Google automatically deletes the collected data about your searches. Google still keeps a record of how and when you use certain features, even when you delete your business details. If you delete the search term from your account, Google will still know that you found something, but not exactly what you were looking for.
Clear Chrome Browser Search History
How to delete your search history from your account
To clear all Google search history, select the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen, then select “Delete activities over a specific period”.
Clear your search history in Chrome browser on iOS
- Open the Chrome web browser app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on the three horizontal dots in the bottom menu.
- Click History in the submenu.
- To clear all your search history, click on “Clear Browser Data” at the bottom.
- On the next tab, make sure your browsing history is checked. If not, click on it to add a check mark. If desired, click to check or uncheck any of the items below.
- Click the red Clear Browser Data button.
- If you want to clear individual search items from history, go back to the history tab and click Edit in the lower right corner.
- Scroll down or find the item you want to clear, then tap the circle next to it to add a checkmark.
- Click Delete in the lower left corner.
- Click Finish in the upper right corner.
Clear history from Chrome browser on Android
- Open the Chrome web browser app on your Android device.
- If your device is running a newer Android operating system, you can swipe up on the address bar from the bottom and then tap History. If your device is running an older operating system, click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner and then click on “History”.
- If you want to clear your entire search history, click Clear History.
Clear search history from Google app on Android
How to clear your browsing history in Chrome for Android
It’s no secret that web browsers track many of our online activities. This “story” can be easily accessed by anyone who picks up your device. If you’re using Google Chrome on Android, we’ll show you how to clear your browsing history.
Your browsing history is a list of all the websites you have visited. This is useful if you want to return to a page you have visited before, or if you cannot remember where you saw or read something. However, sometimes you may not want others to have access to this story.
How to Delete your Browsing History in Opera Browser on Android?
To get started, open Google Chrome on your Android phone or tablet.
Then click “History” in the context menu.
If you want to delete specific entries, you can use the search icon at the top to find them. Click the “X” next to an entry to delete it.
To delete all browsing history at once, click “Clear history”.
On the “Basic settings” tab, you can choose for what period you want to clear the data using the “Time range” parameter. Make sure Browser History is selected and then click Delete Data.
There are a few more options on the Advanced tab, but they are not needed to clear your browsing history.
You can do this as often as you like. You can also use incognito mode to prevent the browser from saving your browsing history.
Deleting Google Account Search History
If the gadget is logged into its own Google account, then the company will save the history of visited resources and entered search queries. To remove these requests, follow the instruction:
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Click “Settings”.
- We select “Data and Personalization”, after which we tap on “My actions”.
- A window will appear where we indicate the history of the visit.
In this menu it is possible to delete the specified actions and information completely. If you do not use Google Chrome for surfing the Internet, but a different browser, then you need to clear the history of this browser. To do this, you need to go to the settings and click on delete history.
How to delete history in Google Chrome on Android
Now we will learn how to delete the history of searches and queries in the Google Chrome browser on your Android phone. At the same time, we will also delete the history in your Google account, so that for sure no one can access your confidential information.
This article is suitable for all brands that produce phones on Android 11/10/9/8: Samsung, HTC, Lenovo, LG, Sony, ZTE, Huawei, Meizu, Fly, Alcatel, Xiaomi, Nokia and others. We are not responsible for your actions.
Attention! You can ask your question to a specialist at the end of the article.
Why delete history on Google
When you surf the Internet, privacy plays a huge role. The information that is collected about users creates a certain load on the performance of the device. Another reason for deleting history may be to hide information from other users or to delete data about a page to which you no longer go.
Some of the information collected can help the user: saved passwords, location. If you have a large number of accounts on your sites, then it is difficult to remember all the logins and passwords. The location option will allow you to calculate the gadget if it is stolen or lost.
Disable history recording
Users have the ability to activate and deactivate history recording. You can work with these options in the My Actions menu. We follow the instructions:
- On the gadget, go to Google Account.
- Click “Data and Personalization” at the top of the screen.
- We tap on “Tracking Actions”. There you need to select the tab “Manage the tracking of your actions”.
- Selecting unnecessary options that you want to disable.
If necessary, history recording can be disabled temporarily. To do this, the working browser must be switched to “incognito” mode. If you log into your Google account in this mode, the search history may continue to be saved.
Delete history from the Google Chrome browser
Instructions for deleting history on Android phone with installed Google Chrome browser:
- Launching Google Chrome.
- Click on the icon in the form of 3 vertical dots at the top of the browser.
- Choose “Settings”.
- A list will be displayed, where we click on “Personal data”.
- All available functions should be scrolled down until the “Clear history” section becomes available.
Do not know how to solve a problem in the operation of your gadget and need expert advice? Alexey, a repairman for smartphones and tablets in the service center, answers questions. Write to me “
By following this instruction, you can delete the history of downloaded files, download paths, cache, passwords, request history. After this operation, the performance of the gadget will significantly increase.
Third Party Applications
To clean up history on Google, an effective method would be to use third-party apps. The best app in this category is CCleaner. With the help of CCleaner, information is cleaned in all browsers installed on the gadget. The cache of the device is also cleared, problems with the functioning of the Android system are solved.
Hello Alexey !, I have such a problem. that would not be downloaded to the phone. pops up. Android process ecore. what to do ?
tell me, please, such a clearing of the history of google chrome will somehow affect the already open tabs and existing bookmarks?
Indicate the model of the device and what signs of breakdown it has. Try to describe in detail what, where. under what conditions does not work or stopped working. Then we can help you.
Support our work with a coin on the donationalerts.com collection page “
We are happy with any amount and will continue our free work to help everyone who needs it.
How to delete the search history on the Yandex website
Search history is the queries that appear when you try to enter any information into the search bar. To remove them, you need to perform a few simple steps, which are described in detail in the following instructions:
- Click on the search bar and wait for the appearance of previously entered queries.
- Next to the required request, click on the “cross”. After that, it will no longer appear among the proposed options.
And if there are a lot of requests, then each of them needs to be removed separately? No, you just need to go to the section indicated in this guide:
- Click on the search bar, and then click on the item “Setting query history”.
- On the page that opens, we find the line “Show request history” and uncheck the box next to it.
- For the changes to take effect, click on the “Save” button.
How to Delete Browser History on Android
Now the edits made are saved, which means that previously entered requests will not be offered. But we cannot call this deleting the search history, since we simply turn off the display of the entered words and sentences. Therefore, another method was prepared, which can be found below:
- Log in to your Yandex account by clicking on the “Login” button in the upper right corner of the browser.
- We indicate the data from the account and log in.
- We translate the display of the site into the full version. In different browsers this is done in different ways, but most often you need to click on the “Version for PC” button.
- Click on the “Settings” item located near the login button or profile picture. From the menu that opens, go to the “Portal settings” tab.
- Here we click on the line “Clear request history”. If you wish, you can uncheck the box “Show search history”, and then the previously entered queries will not be displayed. The deletion procedure takes a few seconds, but with a large amount of information, the process may take a minute.
As you can see, clearing the request history is not as difficult as it sounds. Choose the most convenient method for yourself and use it regularly.
How to delete history in Yandex on Android phone
Modern users prefer to search for the necessary information on the Internet not through a computer, but using a browser on a smartphone. Firstly, it is convenient, and secondly, it allows you to go online from almost anywhere.
The Yandex search engine is especially popular in the CIS, so questions on setting up queries and deleting history in this search engine always remain relevant. Let’s take a closer look at how to delete history in Yandex on an Android phone.
How to clear your browsing history in Yandex Browser
Sometimes it becomes necessary to delete the browsing history in Yandex Browser on an Android phone. If you need to clear your browsing history completely, then skip to this guide:
- Click on the “three dots” located near the search line.
- From the menu that opens, go to the “Settings” section.
- Now we find the sub-item “Confidentiality” and click “Clear data”.
- Choosing the right type of information to be deleted.
- Click on the “Clear data” button and in the window that appears, click “OK”.
If you need to remove one or more sites from your search history, use this instruction:
- Click on the “three dots” icon located to the right of the search bar.
- Go to the tab with the browsing history. It has a “wall clock” icon.
- Hold your finger on the desired site, and then select “Delete”. You can also expand the list with a specific portal, where the visited pages will be indicated.
Now you know how to clear your browsing history in the mobile version of Yandex Browser.
How to clear history in Yandex app with Alice
In addition to the usual browser on Android phones, many people prefer to use the Yandex application. with Alice. It is a web browser with a built-in voice assistant. To clear the history in this program, refer to the following instructions:
- Click on the “three vertical stripes” located in the lower right corner of the screen.
- From the menu that opens, go to the “Settings” section.
- We click on the line “Clear history” and confirm the deletion of the journal. If you wish, you can uncheck the box “Save query history”, which will stop displaying previously entered queries.
How To Clear Chrome Browser History in Android
As you can see, in just three steps you can clear the history in the Yandex application. with Alice.
Our article has come to an end, which means that we have considered the principle of deleting history in all popular applications from Yandex. Often, the instructions are practically the same, except for the arrangement of sections and tabs. When implementing the recommendations presented, the main thing is to be careful and careful.
Clearing history in UC browser
The UC browser is not as widely known, but it is a solid alternative for Android if you want to move away from the mainstream options.
Clearing your browser history is the hardest on this list. To get started, click on the three horizontal mowing lines at the bottom of the screen. In the pop-up menu that appears, select the yellow icon that says “History and Bookmarks”.
When you click on the icon, you will see your bookmark list first. Swipe left to open your browsing history. In the lower right corner, you will find a Clear button. Tap on it, then confirm your decision by selecting Delete in the confirmation screen.
How to clear dolphin history
Chrome, Firefox and Opera together make up over 90 percent of all Android users. So, to complete this tutorial, let’s take a look at some of the more popular remaining browsers.
If you are using Dolphin, you will find that the removal process follows Opera. Instead of accessing various settings via the menu icon in the upper corner, you should click on the dolphin icon at the bottom of the screen.
A window will appear. From it, select Clear Data. Again, you can choose the type of data you want to delete. You can choose your browsing history. cache and site data. cookies. form data. passwords and location access.
Click “Clear Selected Data” to clear your browser history.
Delete browsing history in Chrome
First, it’s Chrome. It is the most convenient and most popular browser for Android, used by about 85% of Android owners.
Fortunately, the process of deleting your phone history in this browser is simple. To get started, open Chrome and go to the History Menu or type chrome: // history in the search box. The app will load your history page.
At the top of the window, you will see a button labeled Clear Browsing Data. Click on it.
Now you can decide which data you want to delete. At the top of the page, select your timeframe and then check the appropriate boxes. There are main and additional tabs that you can switch between. Whatever you use, make sure you choose your browsing history. When you’re ready, click Clear Data.
Delete phone history in Opera Mini
The process of deleting browsing history from Opera is a little more complicated.
When your browser is open, find the Opera logo in the bottom right corner and click on it. A small window will appear. There are four icons at the top of this window. Select the Gear icon to access browser settings.
Then scroll down until you see Clear browsing data. Click on it and check the boxes next to the data you want to delete. You can choose from saved passwords. browsing history and cookies and data.
When you are happy with your choice, click OK.
How to clear history in Ecosia
Like Brave Browser, Ecosia also tries to do something a little different. It claims to be the world’s first environmentally friendly browser. The money the company makes from web searches is used to fund reforestation programs around the world; to date, over 60 million trees have been planted. According to the company’s literature, you will remove one kilogram of CO2 from the atmosphere for every search you perform.
Once again, Chromium provides the foundation. Therefore, to delete your browsing history in Ecosia, open the application menu and go to “History” “Clear browser data” and select the categories you want to delete.
Clear browser history in Firefox
Deleting browsing history in Firefox is similar to the Chrome process. Open your browser and tap the three vertical dots in the upper right corner. Select History from the menu.
Just like in Chrome, you’ll see a large Clear Browsing History button. only this time it’s at the bottom of the page. However, unlike Chrome, there is no way to specify what other data you want to delete. The app will just pop up an on-screen hint to confirm your actions.
Click OK. and the data will be erased.
How to delete your browsing history on Android
The browser on your Android device is a significant weak point in your personal privacy. Smartphones and tablets are more likely to be lost, stolen, or victimized by unsafe public Wi-Fi networks than a laptop.
To prevent anyone from restoring information, you should regularly erase your browsing history on your Android. But how? The methodology is not always as obvious as in the desktop browser.
Do not panic! Here’s how to delete your browsing history in the seven most popular Android browsers: Chrome. Firefox. Opera. Dolphin. UC Browser and Brave Browser.
Delete history from Brave Browser
Brave Browser is a new concept in the world of web browsing. In an increasingly competitive space, the browser shines with its ad reward scheme and its readers’ ability to tip sites with the Basic Attention Token (BAT) cryptocurrency. Indeed, BAT has become the top 30 cryptocurrency in the world.
Brave is based on Chromium, so the process for deleting browsing history is very similar to Chrome.
To delete your Brave browsing history on Android, start by clicking on the three vertical dots in the bottom right corner and choose History from the pop-up menu. At the top of the window, select Clear Browser Data. Use the various checkboxes here to choose exactly which types of data you want to delete and which ones to keep. Like Chrome, you can use the tabs at the top of the window to switch between main and extended views.
(To learn more, check out our detailed guide on how Brave Browser works on our Blocks Decoded subsidiary site.)