Types of memory
Several types of memory are used on Android devices. These are ROM and RAM (ROM and RAM, respectively).
ROM is a memory that is largely controlled by the user himself. We are talking about the very built-in storage that houses almost all user data, including media files, cache, downloaded applications, etc.
In addition, the device can be expanded in the form of a slot for flash cards with different capacities. The built-in memory stores the operating system and is partially used by it to keep the smartphone running.
RAM is the memory that the device itself disposes of to perform its basic functions and daily scenarios. For example, it stores information about the running programs or open tabs in the browser.
How to free the internal memory in the Android phone, if it is full of unknown files
The memory of mobile devices tends to run out, no matter how much it was originally. And if on powerful PCs with high-capacity hard drives this pattern does not manifest itself immediately, then phones that have much more modest amounts of memory are the first to be affected. At the same time, the lack of storage is not a reason to get upset, because there are several effective ways of how to solve the problem of overflowing memory on your Android device.
How to clear memory using built-in features
Before installing additional applications try to clear the memory from unnecessary “garbage” with the built-in functionality.
Transferring applications to the card
To free up memory on your Android Samsung, start by transferring “heavy” apps to your memory card. Make sure to check the following points before proceeding:
- Before transferring programs from your smartphone to the SD card, make sure that they do not contain personal information, such as a bank card. This is because after transferring personal information is no longer protected from malefactors, and could fall into the wrong hands.
- Use only high-quality, high quality (preferably 10) CD-cards from trusted manufacturers. It significantly affects the safety, speed of data exchange and integrity of data.
- Do not remove the memory card from a running device.
To free up space on your Samsung Android phone this way, go into Settings and Apps. Select the application that you want to transfer and click on the Transfer to SD Card button. Please note that some applications cannot be rooted unless you have ROOT access.
Uninstall unnecessary apps
The next way to clean the memory of your mobile device is to remove unnecessary programs. Make software checking a habit, because not only the amount of free space depends on this nuance, but also the life of the power supply. But be aware that after uninstalling a program, the remaining cache must also be removed. See below for instructions on how to do this.
To clear your Samsung phone of unnecessary applications, do the following:
- Enter the menu and go to Settings.
- Select Apps. If you don’t have what you want, you can open System Applications (3 dots to the right).
By removing a few unnecessary programs with the cache, you can clear the memory on your Samsung Galaxy phone with Android and free up space for other data. If the software is not deleted, it is a system storage. If you do, you can turn it off or stop it. After these steps the software seems to “sleep”, allowing you to save battery and memory space.
Deleting unnecessary content
Knowing how to clean your Samsung phone from unnecessary files through the computer, you can forget about the lack of memory for a long time. The principle is simple:
- Connect the smartphone with the USB cord.
- Allow file sharing.
- Access your phone’s internal memory and delete unnecessary files (music, photos, videos, etc.). д.).
Save the information of interest to your PC beforehand, so that you don’t accidentally clear something unnecessary. As a result, you can free up a lot of memory and use it for other purposes.
Move folders to your memory card
If you find yourself in a situation where your Samsung phone is running low on memory and you don’t know what to do, use the device’s built-in. Take these steps:
- Find the folders that take up the most space and highlight them. To do so, tap on the desired option and hold your finger down until a special checkmark appears. If a square or a circle appears next to the folder, check it.
- Click on Options at the top right and select Properties/Details. The size of the folder is displayed under Size. If it is larger than 300 MB, it is recommended to move it to the SD card, to free up space inside your smartphone. To do that, click on the Move icon.
The Download folder, DCIM, Music, and several others are usually the largest. To transfer the folder, select it (as already mentioned above), click on Options and then Move. If you want to delete it, click Delete. You can move not only folders, but also separate files. After clicking on the move button, select Memory Card, click on Done (or move it here).
Remove data from thumbnails
When considering ways to clean your Samsung phone, you can’t ignore one more method. deleting unnecessary files from the thumbnails folder. Few smartphone owners know that when viewing documents from the gallery the phone makes thumbnails of images, the purpose of which is to speed up the work of the smartphone and accelerate the loading of photos. It is logical to assume that thumbnails take up space on the phone and should be deleted.
To clear Samsung memory of this information, take these steps:
- Connect the device to the PC and enable the mode for file transfer.
- Open the DCIM section of your smartphone.
- Enter thumbnails directory.
- Delete all the content.
Over time there will be one or two gigabytes of unnecessary data. If you clear them in time, you can avoid clogging the internal space and even slow down the device. Make it a rule to do such work at least two or three times a year.
Deleting cache and cookies
No less important point, how to clear the cookies and cache on Samsung, thereby offloading the memory of your smartphone. Many users ignore this advice and quickly run out of space on their smartphone. To clear unnecessary files, you can use third-party applications (about this below) or the built-in capabilities of the mobile device.
If you use the system actively and don’t clean it for a long time, the size of these files can reach 6-7 GB. In modern smartphones with version 9 of Android, you can go to the Memory section, and there Clear Memory. The system offers to clean unnecessary files, application data, unused files and much more.
If not, search for all applications in the manager and click on Clear cache. Be careful not to delete unnecessary information when doing the job.
Cleaning using the system menu
Users are often faced with the situation when the phone memory is full and wonder what to do with the phone Samsung. One solution is to do a global cleanup through the system menu. As a result of such work, all the data is removed from the smartphone, so you need to transfer important files or make a backup of information (photos, videos, contacts, etc.). д.). Also check the battery level to see if it has enough power to complete the planned action.
- Disconnect your phone.
- With the device completely turned off, press three buttons. Volume (up), Power and Home (the combination may vary depending on the model used).
After performing the above steps all information on your Samsung smartphone will be deleted. Select Reboot system now and wait to log in. As a result of these manipulations you manage to clear the phone memory and return it to its original state (the one it had at the time of purchase).
How to clear your phone using the engineering menu
Not all Samsung phones have this feature. Do the following steps:
If there are no changes use another method.
Reset to factory defaults using the menu
Considering the options, how to clean the Samsung from debris, we can not reject another cardinal method. restoring the device to factory settings. As in the cases discussed above, the device is returned to its original state (as at the time of purchase). You will not need to install additional applications.
Wait until you delete unnecessary files and restart the device. This method allows you to clear Samsung’s memory completely, so you should use it only as a last resort.
Cleaning the memory using Android built-in tools
In Android a general basic analysis of the used internal memory space is available. Only third-party applications, such as Solid Explorer, offer detailed analysis. But even a basic analysis is enough to find out what the memory is used for.
In Android version 5.0 appeared counting the cache. temporary data. These files appear during the use of applications. The more frequently and actively you use programs, the more cache is accumulated. Some users, the volume of temporary files is 500. 2500 MB.
To clear the cache do the following steps:
Open phone settings, go to Mass Storage (Memory)
Uninstalling embedded applications on Samsung: all methods
To remove unnecessary applications on Android Samsung Galaxy, and on other phones of the Korean manufacturer, you can use different ways. I will describe them below. However if you do not want to go into technical details you can simply “turn off” the software. Go to “Settings”. “Applications” and to the desired program, select “Disable” there. Usually this action is equal to removal of.
Now about how to remove unnecessary software “for real”.
This is the easiest way and does not require root rights. However, the program is paid, and this is a tangible minus. Of course, you can search on the Internet for a “hacked” version, but I myself do not recommend doing this. When opening such APK-file you can not be absolutely sure what exactly you install.
Working with Package Disabler for Samsung consists of the following steps:
- Visit 4PDA forum. To do this, type “4pda Package Disabler Samsung” into the search engine and go to the first result.
- Study the information on this page. it’s an important step to understand how it works.
- Install Package Disabler for Samsung on your Android. either from Google Play or third-party sources (at your own risk).
- Open Package Disabler.
- Search for what you need. Suspected “garbage” is highlighted in pink. You can disable or remove any software on your Android.
How to Delete Other Files in Samsung Phone
- This program has a comprehensive Bloatware removal function. that’s the name of the software “junk” pre-installed on the phone. This is what we need. Press single button which will block more than 100 unwanted components.
This is another method of how to uninstall system apps on Android Samsung without root rights. But you need a PC and a little more time. When using ADB. Android Debug Bridge, the procedure is as follows:
- Type “4pda adb” into the search engine. Register yourself at this forum to be able to download files. You need to download and install ADB on your PC.
- Turn on “USB Debugging” on your phone. You need to go to “Settings”, then. “About the device”. Find “build number” and click on it 5 times one by one. You will see a tooltip on the screen. Now go back and enter new menu item. “Developer options”. Turn on USB debugging in it.
- Install App Inspector on Android using Google Play.
- Open App Inspector. Find the program you will need to uninstall. You need to identify and remember (write down) its system name. The screenshot is such a name for :
- Connect your Samsung smartphone to PC with a cable.
- Run ADB on your PC.
- Type “adb shell”. this will start the program.
- You can temporarily stop (freeze) or completely remove native Android apps from your Samsung. For these actions, you need to enter a single line.
Stop: “adb shell pm disable-user.user 0 application_name”.
The value of “application_name” must be changed to the one defined with App Inspector.
You can restart the software with the command “adb shell pm enable.user 0 app_name”.
You can permanently uninstall it with the line “pm uninstall.k.user 0 app_name”.
with root rights
In this case the first thing you need to do is to get ROOT rights for your Android. The procedure is specific for each Samsung model and I will not go into detail here. Superuser rights give you a lot of control over your phone, as well as a lot of responsibility. And keep in mind that getting them will cause a loss of warranty. In addition, with ROOT rights, some banking programs start to work in restricted mode, not allowing you to write off money.
You can use different tools to remove firmware, such as Root Uninstaller, Titanium Backup, Root App Delete, Root Explorer. No need for a paid version. the free version will do. I will describe the steps in the popular program Titanium Backup:
- Install it from Google Play.
- Open Titanium Backup and agree with granting ROOT rights.
- Select “Backups” option.
- Decide which application you want to remove from your Android. I’ll give you a recommendation on this below.
- Important tip: First create a backup by clicking “Save.
- Press “Delete”.
This method also requires root rights. It gives you the most control, allowing you to uninstall the default apps on your Samsung. It’s very easy to make a mistake here and delete an extra file, so use it intelligently and carefully. I will describe the method using the common ES Explorer as an example, but you can also use another.
- Open ES Explorer on your Android.
- Open the menu.
- Select “Tools”.
- Click on “Root Explorer”.
- You will be prompted to grant rights to this program. Validate them.
- A list of actions will automatically appear on the screen. Select “Connect as R/W”.
- In the window that appears, mark “RW” for the “/system” folder.
- In Explorer, go to the root folder by clicking on “/”. Then go to “system” and in it go to “app.
- In front of you is a list of all Android system app files. Usually just one or two files with long names. You can delete any. So, again, approach the process with caution. You can check the whole list by checking the recommendations that I wrote below.
- Simply delete the selected files. After this, the system may tell you that these applications are stopped. This is a normal process.
- Reboot your phone.
How to clear
Delete unnecessary information on your Samsung phone can be manually. To do this, you need to perform several actions:
Sometimes you need to clear the cache in a specific application. In this case, you need to go through the memory settings to the program itself and click on the “Clear Cache” button.
You can also remove unnecessary information with the help of special programs. For example, through the mobile version of CCleaner. After installing the appropriate utility is required:
- enter the program;
- Press “Quick Clean” button;
- Select the unnecessary files found;
- Click the “End clearing” icon;
- Wait for cleaning (ads may appear).
Such measures are recommended to do every day. This will not clog up your smartphone with unnecessary cache-data.
Folder “Other” on the phone Samsung: what is it
No matter how many gigabytes of memory a modern gadget has, it will run out soon. Regular downloading and installation of applications fills the free space. As a result, there comes a time when it is necessary to take active measures and solve the problem. In Android-based devices, excessive memory to a greater extent means that the Other folder is overloaded with software data, cache memory and various related waste. This situation is also familiar to owners of Samsung phones, so you need to understand how to properly free up space.
Improving Samsung performance. unnecessary applications that can be uninstalled
There are many applications installed on your Samsung phone, most of which are not only not used, but are a complete mystery to the average user. Many can’t part with those utilities that have lost relevance, and keep them just in case in the phone memory, or try not to touch what was installed by default, for fear of damaging the gadget system. It’s time to study the list of smartphone applications that can and can’t be uninstalled.
To begin with, it is necessary to figure out what in general takes up most of the internal storage. You can do this by simply using the settings. To do this, go to the appropriate section and find the “Storage” item.
Here you can find out the minimum required information about the memory of the smartphone, as well as the load of micro-SD, if it is present.
This is enough to perform a basic diagnosis. Various applications, photos and videos, unknown files and so on, may take up a lot of space. The operating system takes up most of the space and cannot be deleted, but clearing out unnecessary files will free up gigabytes of memory.