The logic for logging out of your Telegram account is pretty much the same for different smartphones. Let’s see how it happens on Android:
- We open the list of dialogs and see three bars on the top left of the screen. This menu.
- Click on it and choose the “Settings” item.
- You see your avatar and profile name on the screen, and 3 dots in the corner on the right.
- Click on them and choose “Exit”.
Almost the same thing you need to do to deactivate your account on your iPhone:
How to delete a Telegram account forever: step-by-step instructions
You can manually deactivate your user account from your mobile device and computer. The algorithm is quite simple and does not take much time.
From a mobile device
Deactivation of user account function is available for all devices based on iOS and Android operating systems. To effectively delete an account in the Telegram messenger, the following steps must be performed in its official mobile application:
On your computer
You can also delete your Telegram account permanently using a PC. You can do this at the account management web page on the official Telegram messenger website.
The instructions for deleting your Telegram profile are similar to the steps for mobile devices. In fact, to successfully deactivate a Telegram account using a desktop browser, you need to follow steps 3-5 described above.
What happens when I delete my Telegram account
When following the steps to delete a Telegram account, be sure to remember. completed account deletion cannot be undone. Deleting Telegram is irreversible.
The messenger does not backup your account for those who choose to leave and then return. You should also understand that deleting an account at the same time erases all your information from the system:
So if you have important messages, music, documents or photos saved somewhere in your correspondence, it is better to take care of the issue and save them somewhere else. otherwise, after deleting your Telegram account, you will lose it all irretrievably.
In this case, the people with whom you have communicated in Telegram will still have access to the old correspondence with your deleted account. So if you want your old messages to be deleted from all of your contacts before you proceed with deleting your account, you can either clear all of your chats manually or set an auto-delete timer in advance and wait for the auto-delete to work.
What will happen to your Telegram chats and channels
Also know that multi-user chats and Telegram channels you created in Telegram will continue to exist without their creator. Deleting a Telegram account does not destroy chats and channels created from that account. You will still be able to chat in chats you created and post information in channels. Therefore, if you want to delete them too, it should be done separately, before you deactivate your Telegram account.
Your previously appointed channel and chat administrators will retain all their rights. However, you will no longer be able to assign new administrators once you have deleted your account with the rights of a Telegram channel founder.
Therefore, if you are planning to delete your account but do not want your previously created channel to be abandoned, it is worth taking care of appointing a channel administrator in advance, or, better yet, transfer the founder rights to someone else before deleting.
Creating a new Telegram account
If after deleting your current Telegram account you re-enter the phone number it was registered to, you will appear as a brand new Telegram user, and nothing will be saved from the history of your old account.
When you delete your account, a special inscription warns you that you will be able to register your Telegram account no sooner than in a few days. However, in practice you will be able to register a new Telegram account almost immediately after deleting the old one.
So, one and the same phone number can be used to create Telegram accounts many times, of course, deleting the old account each time.
Of course, people who have your phone number will be notified about your new Telegram account. Any dialogs of your friends with your new account will be completely clean, started from scratch, and will occupy a separate slot in the list of their conversations.
How to delete a Telegram account
Completely delete a Telegram account from your computer, phone and tablet is simple. The developer provided automatic account deletion and manual deactivation. To automatically delete an account, go to “Privacy” in the application settings. Under Delete account, automatically specify after how long you need to deactivate the account when the user is inactive. Inactive means that you are not logged in to your account on your computer, phone, and tablet. The minimum period is one month. Auto-delete involves waiting and is not suitable for most users. For this reason, let’s start with the step-by-step instructions on how to delete an account permanently by link in manual mode.
How to set auto-delete profile
Developers have provided an option for your account to self-destruct after a certain amount of time. Let’s see how to set this timer.
- Open the settings section of the settings in the desktop version of telegram and go to privacy.
- Scroll the list that appears all the way down. The last setting will be the self-destruct feature.
- Set the timer to your preferred time. If you do not sign in to Telegram at any time during this period, the account will be deleted along with all its groups, messages, and contacts.
- Open messenger and click on the “burger” in the left corner of the screen.
- Tap on “Settings”.
- Select “Privacy.”.
- Here is the setting we need. If you want to delete the profile as quickly as possible, select “1 month” and do not open the messenger for the set time.
- Notice the navigation bar at the bottom and tap the gear icon on the right.
- Move to the second block and select “Privacy”.
- Find the line “Delete account automatically if I don’t log in” and specify a preferred date.
This is Pavel Durov’s messenger. The main “chip” of the messenger is in the encryption, it cannot be hacked from the outside, because users exchange information with each other directly. There are additional security measures. for example, if you’ve called someone on Telegram, you might have seen 4 emoji at the top of the screen. So, both participants of the call should have these emoji, if they do not match. someone is listening to the call.
We explain it superficially and in very simple words, in fact it is much more complicated.
Before you delete a Telegram profile, you need to think about the consequences.
What will happen to chats and channels on Telegram
When deleting an account, telegram warns that all chats, data will also be deleted. Channels and groups that a deleted user created will work in the normal mode, and admins will still have their privileges. If the deleted user was the only administrator, someone else will be randomly assigned to be the new administrator.
Creating a new Telegram account
If after deleting an account, you want to create a new account with the same phone number, you will be able to do this only in two days.
How to delete a Telegram profile manually
Deletion is performed through the messenger website, and the account data and user files are destroyed directly on the company’s server.
To do this, go to the Telegram website using the special link designed for deleting accounts, and enter your phone number, which is the identifier of your account.
After pressing the Next button a new page will open, where you will have to enter the code that confirms your intention to delete your account. Note, that although the code will be sent to your phone as an SMS-message, you can confirm deleting your account only through the site. there is no option to receive SMS confirmation.
One more thing: when deleting your account using the above link, you must be already logged in on either a computer/laptop or a mobile device (smartphone/tablet), otherwise this option will not work.
After entering the received code, you need to confirm your actions once again, and then click “Delete account”. Optionally, on the same page, you can specify the reason for deleting the account, for this there is a separate column. It is advisable to fill it out if you have specific complaints about a software product or the actions of a support team. through such feedback, developers are able to improve their product and respond to complaints about the tech staff.
The final action, after which your account with all of its contacts and content will be permanently deleted, is to click “Yes, delete my account/account”.
It is clear that if you got rid of the account, you do not need the program itself. So now let’s look at how to completely remove Telegram from various devices. phone, laptop, tablet. This task is more difficult because it is performed differently for different platforms.
How to uninstall Telegram on an Android smartphone
Here you can use the standard method: go to “Settings”, select “Applications and Notifications”, click on “Information about applications” and select Telegram. It remains only to click on the “Delete” button and answer affirmatively to the confirmation request.
How to delete Telegram account on your iPhone permanently 2020.
Deleting the messenger in iOS
In this mobile operating system, uninstalling applications is done in several ways:
- Look for the messenger icon on the smartphone screen, press your finger for a few seconds, until the “3D Touch” menu appears. Select the item “Change the order of applications”, at the top of the program window will appear a cross, click on it. and the application will be deleted;
- The second method is a modification of the previous one. After the “3D Touch” menu appears, keep holding down the Telegram icon for a few seconds. this will automatically launch the “Move and Delete” function, resulting in the familiar cross at the top. The only thing left to do is to release your finger and click on this icon;
- The next method requires a certain skill: you must quickly tap on the messenger icon and remove your finger from it before the context menu appears, and quickly drag the Telegram icon somewhere to the side, to an empty spot on the screen. As soon as you release your finger, the app icon will return to its place, but the phone will launch the “Move and Remove” function with the desired cross icon appearing, pressing which will permanently delete Telegram from your iPhone or iPad;
- it is worth mentioning and a longer “classic” way, through the “Settings”. You need to select the “Basic” tab and go to “iPhone Storage”. Find the Telegram icon in the list, select it, and press the “Delete” button.
Uninstalling Telegram on Windows Phone mobile devices
In the mobile version of the operating system from Microsoft, deleting the popular messenger is quick and easy. Select the icon “Settings”, find the tab “System” and select the item “Storage”.
Here, click on “This device” and then on “Applications and games. In the list of installed applications, find Telegram and click the “Uninstall” button. You only need to confirm your choice.
Deleting the messenger in Windows
Uninstalling programs in Windows can be done in different ways. In the “ten” you need to go to “Settings”, select the tab “Options” there, and then. “Programs”. In Windows 7/8 this is done through the “Control Panel”, the “Programs” tab and the “Uninstall programs” item. Selecting the Telegram icon, press the “Uninstall” button, the messenger uninstaller will run, and it will be removed from the computer together with all the associated folders, files and registry entries.
Uninstalling Telegram on computers with Mac OS installed
In Apple’s operating system, uninstalling an application is done in the standard way:
- Click on the Finder icon (it is located in the Dock folder);
- choose the “Programs” option in the side menu;
- Look for the Telegram icon and drag and drop it to the trash garbage can, which is located in the Dock at the very end;
- If you want to leave no trace of the messenger on your computer, empty the recycle garbage can.
If you ignore the last point, Telegram can be restored at any time by finding it in the recycle garbage can and pressing the “File” menu item and then “Restore”.
Uninstalling on Ubuntu/Debian
On Linux family operating systems, removing programs is a bit more complicated. Let’s describe the procedure for Ubuntu/Debian distributions.
If Telegram was installed using snap package manager, you should open Terminal and enter the line sudo snap remove telegram-desktop, confirming by pressing Enter. Usually for the uninstall command you confirm the action by entering a password (if this option was set during installation of the operating system). Wait for the final uninstallation of the program.
First, let’s install the program. Note that the Web version of Telegram does not allow to create an account, there is only a login panel. In other words, to create an account, the user must have a mobile device at hand, on any base. Android or iOS are ideal. PC owners have only one way around this requirement. to emulate the mobile OS in their system.
When Telegram is installed, do the following:
- Launch the application.
- As usual, you will have the opportunity to log in to an existing registration or create a new one.
- Enter the cell phone number.
- Press the “Next” button.
- On your mobile will come the code, which you will have to enter in the represented text field.
- Now “Next” again, and the creation of the record is finished.