Xiaomi photo contacts 2 ways to add a photo
The photo for a contact in the phone notebook can be just a decoration, or it can be an additional feature.
For example, if the manager in the company has many subordinates, and he can’t know everyone by name. On the Xiaomi device the photo of contacts helps to understand who exactly we are calling if we can’t remember the subscriber’s name. And it also takes a second to remember who’s calling you instead of guessing in your head what “Vasya Petrov” is. A seemingly simple action, set a photo in the phone notebook.
But, when you haven’t done this before, even here there can be problems and complications.
It turns out that there are several ways to do this.
How to change Mi account on your phone
If you have an alternative Xiaomi account that you want to use on your smartphone, you can simply change the account. You will only need a smartphone to do this.
Changing the Mi account on your Xiaomi phone can be done in two steps. You’ll need to log out of your profile first, and then log in with your new credentials.
- Open your smartphone settings and go to ” Mi account “.
- Click the “Logout” button.
- If you want to delete from your phone synchronized data, click “Delete”. Otherwise, select ” Leave “.
- Enter the password for your current account and click OK.
You don’t have a Mi account on your smartphone now. During exit, you will receive a message that the device search is disabled.
The phone functionality is not complete now. To fully use the device, you need to log in to a new account and synchronize data with Xiaomi Cloud.
Sign in to your new account: (folder Vhod v akkaunt na smartfone)
- Open the settings and go to “Mi account”.
- Type in the linked phone number or email address, and then tap ” Next “.
- Enter your password and press ” Login “.
- Start the synchronization and search for the device, tap ” Continue “.
- Merge files on your phone and in Mi Cloud using the corresponding button.
How to Create a Contact Group. Xiaomi [Android 11. MIUI 12]
Your smartphone now uses the new Mi profile. You don’t need to set it up manually. all data will be synced and transferred to the cloud. All you have to do is start using your smartphone for its intended purpose.
To change the profile again and go back to the old one, follow the same steps: Exit the current profile and enter the desired one.
Setting up contacts on Xiaomi
To ensure that the phone book entries contain the correct information and do not duplicate each other it is better to make their setting. It is easy enough to do, because the application from Google has all the necessary tools.
Installing the photo
First of all, you have to set the photo (or some other image) of the subscriber. This way you will know who is calling without the need to study the number or name of the caller on the screen of your Xiaomi phone.
How to set the photo on the phone book subscriber:
- Open the application and tap on the desired entry.
- Then click on the button “Change contact“.
- Tap the button with the camera image on it.
Uniting of contacts
It is necessary to combine contacts in order to avoid duplication and not to clutter the memory of your Xiaomi, Redmi, or POCO. over, the search among duplicates is a real torture. There is its own instructions for merging, which is also not difficult.
- Launch the ” Contacts ” app and tap on the button with three bars.
- Next, click “Merge and Correct”.
- The system will automatically merge and correct all entries and show the appropriate message.
Using the filter
Filters are available to show only necessary subscribers in the list. You need to configure the filter so that the application understands which entries should be shown.
- Launch the application and tap on the three dots icon.
- Next, click ” Adjust filter “.
- Choose ” Other filter “.
- Check all the categories you want and click ” Save “.
- Open Contacts and click New contact.
- Enter the contact‘s name and information.
- If you want to add more information, such as a nickname or mailing address, click Show more fields and enter the desired information.
- Press Save.
The easiest way is to enter the full phone number with country code and area code. 7 (351) 240-04-40. with this form of phone number 100% no problems. For companies whose goods and services sales geography lies within the range, it’s acceptable to omit the country code (351) 240-04-40.
How to fix the error “name is too long” on Xiaomi
At the beginning of the cell phone market any phone was firmly associated with business people who were used to solve their problems quickly and without extra gestures. Almost immediately one of the main features of cell phones was a built-in notebook, through which to conduct both business and personal conversations has become much more convenient.
Now, in the era of smartphones, the notebook function is definitely not on your list of priorities. But that doesn’t make it any less important. That’s why every year smartphone manufacturers add new features to the Contacts app and make its design even friendlier.
It’s true that one manufacturer, while keeping improvements in mind, has been missing an opportunity to fix one of the most pesky bugs for several years now. We’re talking about Xiaomi and the creepy bug you can find in the native MIUI notebook: when filling in the name of a new contact, you may get a warning Name is too long. Let’s learn what this error is and how to deal with it.
What is Xiaomi safe mode? How to turn it on and off.
We are not considering the manual, most tedious and time-consuming method of combining identical recordings, especially since this procedure will have to be repeated regularly.
On most Android devices in order to enable the display of all contacts you need to open contacts and select the filter in the settings and there select “all contacts”, but on smartphones Xiaomi, for some reason this process is a little complicated and the average user can not always get to this point.
- Open the Contacts app.
- Tap Options (looks like three dots).
- Select the Settings item.
- Select Contacts to display.
- Choose the place where you want to check the availability of contacts. For example, let’s choose SIM.
- Go back to the contacts list.
Open the Phone app and go to the Contacts tab. Click “⁞” on the top right and then select “Settings” in the menu that opens. In the tab “Display of contacts” you can set the display of “Photo of contact“, preset “Icons for contacts” if they do not have a preset photo.
- Open your phone settings.
- Press Google.
- Select Setup & reset.
- Tap Restore contacts.
- If you have more than one Google account, click From account and specify the one you want.
- Tap on the phone you want to copy contacts from.
How to save contacts on your SIM card with Xiaomi phones
There is no doubt that contacts are one of the main aspects of our cell phone. Previously, they were stored exclusively on the SIM card or on the smartphone, but this is no longer the case. But we’ll tell you how to save the contacts of your Xiaomi mobile with any version of MIUI directly to the SIM card, so you’ll never lose them.
When it comes to technology, we have a lot of options to decide which one is our favorite, and before the cloud gets great, the options are divided based on where to store our contacts. Lest this be a problem, we show you how you can take control of your Xiaomi smartphone and decide for yourself.