If the TV does not carry a Smart set-top box, but has a USB connector, you have the option of using it as a data storage device. If you don’t know how to connect your phone to your LG TV via USB, follow the instructions:
- As a connection, a standard cable from a charger will do.
- Connect the cord to your gadget and your TV.
- On your smartphone, select “Connect as USB Mass Storage”.
- Using the remote control we enter the additional functions and selects the Android that appears.
You can now browse the data you have on your cell phone, including music and video files. There is no way to connect an iOS gadget in this way.
What is Screen LG TVs and how it works?
A little bit of information about the feature itself. If you are not interested, you can go straight to the instructions and set it up. There are two basic technologies that allow you to transfer an image from one device to another over the air (roughly speaking, over Wi-Fi). This is Miracast and Intel WiDi. They work based on Wi-Fi Direct technology. So, LG TVs (which have Smart TVs and Wi-Fi) support Miracast and Intel WiDi. And it’s called Screen Share.
The TV can act as a wireless display and receive images from other devices that also support Miracast and Intel WiDi. And these are modern smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers. As for Android phones, then there is support for Miracast on almost all devices. Miracast on laptops and PCs works on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. It also needs support from the video card and Wi-Fi adapter. As for Intel WiDi, Intel has discontinued support for this technology and recommends using Miracast.
You can only duplicate the screen from iPhone to LG TV on models with AirPlay 2. LG has TVs that support AirPlay 2 (usually the more expensive models). You can not do it with Miracast, because the iPhone does not support this technology. Or you can buy an Apple TV set-top box and connect it to the TV. Read more in this article: how to duplicate the screen of your iPhone or iPad on your TV.
If you have a regular LG TV without Smart TV, Wi-Fi, and therefore without support for Miracast (Screen Share). You can use a special Miracast adapter that connects to the TV via HDMI.
A few more words about another, similar technology DLNA, also supported by LG televisions. DLNA differs from Miracast (Screen Share) in that with DLNA you can stream photos, videos and music (specific files only) from your devices to your TV over the local network. And with Miracast you can completely duplicate the screen and sound from your phone or computer. In case of DLNA, the devices are connected via LAN (via a router). and Miracast uses a direct connection between your phone and an LG TV via Wi-Fi. You can see my guide on how to set up DLNA on LG televisions.
How to connect your phone to your LG TV. all ways to connect
To begin with, the main advantage of synchronization of TV with a smartphone is a significant enrichment of the functionality of modern electronics. The desktop visualization of the mobile gadget is projected onto the TV screen, thus turning the smartphone into an original projector. A feature such as controlling the TV receiver with your smartphone is a convenient means of operation. In connection with what users have such opportunities.
- On-screen visualization of movies, videos, photos, and other media played back from your phone. You can watch them on the big screen.
- Display your favorite games and other mobile applications on a widescreen TV.
- You can watch all sorts of web-sites, which is a big plus for fans of Internet browsing.
- All sorts of presentations, showing documents, photos and other mobile resources on a large TV screen.
- Another advantage is that the familiar device can easily replace the inoperable remote control, with a downloaded program, you can easily manage your TV without breaking the basic functions.
Controlling the TV receiver when using a mobile gadget is very convenient, but for fans of video games is still the best choice would be to connect a joystick. When using a Wi-Fi connection, communication between devices is “over the air”. In other cases you need to use special cables and interfaces.
How to connect your phone to your LG TV without wires
There are several ways to connect your smartphone to the TV and transmit information without wires. It is necessary to understand that the chosen method will depend on the quality of the picture and the work of a particular application. The methods are as follows.
Only subscribers whose TV is equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi adapter with Wi-Fi Direct can use this connection option. You need to have Android 4.0 and higher on your phone.0 and higher.
To connect your smartphone to your LG TV using this method, follow these instructions:
- in the phone opens the main menu, you need to go to Settings;
- select the tab Wireless networks, section Wi-Fi;
- In the upper right corner there are 3 points, you need to click on them and select Wi-Fi Direct;
- The system of the device will automatically start searching for networks to connect via Wi-Fi Direct technology;
- The remote control is taken and the TV opens the main menu, where you need to click on the Network section, the tab Wi-Fi Direct;
- the TV system will search for devices available for synchronization;
- From the list, choose the model of the desired mobile device, the phone will prompt you to confirm the connection, and you must confirm it.
After the performed actions, the smartphone and TV will be synchronized. The signal from the phone will be transmitted to the big screen.
This method has significant advantages. For example, there is no need to pull wires, no need for a Wi-Fi router, content is played in a variety of formats, the connectors on the device are free, you can put your phone to charge.
Remember that the Wi-Fi Direct function is present only in new phones and mobile devices. If the equipment is old it will be necessary to use another way of connection.
Miracast is a modern standard of information transfer, the essence of which lies in the use of wireless channels. In the case if the TV has support of this technology, the user will be able to broadcast to the TV screen any content, spend time playing games and running applications.
When using this option, it is necessary to comply with the main requirement that the TV and the gadget must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
You can connect your phone to the TV transmitter using Miracast by applying the following algorithm
- Activate the TV, go to the main menu and open the settings;
- click on the Network section and turn on the Miracast function;
- open the phone settings, go to the Miracast tab and enable the option, if there is no such function, you need to download the software Miracast Wi-Fi Display from the application store;
- Select the mobile device in TV menu and confirm the connection, synchronization will start.
After the connection process is completed, the data transfer from the phone will start. If the images are not displayed in full TV screen, you just need to turn your smartphone, put it in a horizontal position.
The advantage of using this technology is that the Miracast option transmits information in better quality, the sound comes in 3D, the smartphone battery runs down slower than with any other option.
This function is a proprietary LG feature. It allows you to view files, videos and photos on your Smart-TV receiver from any phone. You only need to observe the connection to the same local network from both devices.
When connecting, you need to follow the following instructions:
- equipment is connected to the same Wi-Fi network;
- LG TV SmartShare program is installed on the mobile device;
- You need to find Smart Share in the TV menu and go to the Connected device section;
- in the list to find your smartphone, connect to it.
After that, synchronization will start automatically. It will be possible to view any files, photos and videos.
You Tube is a video hosting service where you can view and download video files. To broadcast them to TV from the phone you need to do the following:
- install the YouTube app on your smartphone;
- start the service, go to the settings, select View on TV, then you need to follow the system prompts;
- on the TV transmitter runs the same program, in the settings you need to select the type of connection In manual mode;
- The code from the TV display is entered on the phone, then the Add key is pressed;
- In the presented list Broadcast to device LG TV is selected, the connection is allowed.
After that, you can broadcast clips from the site You Tube to the big screen.
Connection using DLNA
The DLNA method is only suitable for phones that use the Android system. For DLNA technology to work properly, you must install a special application on your mobile device. A popular application that supports this connection protocol is BubbleUPnP.
In addition to installing the program, you need to make sure that the TV supports this technology. The connection between the equipment is made through a router, the TV can be connected to the home network by wire, and the smartphone by Wi-Fi. Further you need to follow the following instruction:
- activate the TV, the network to which it is connected must coincide with the one used by the gadget;
- Download the BubbleUPnP program, if it is not already installed on the phone;
- Enter the application, click on the button with three bars in the upper left corner and go to the main menu;
- go to the Library tab and select the video files you want to view on your TV;
- After that the selected files will run on the TV.
DLNA capabilities allow the user to view only media files on the big screen. No other actions can be performed.
Connecting using Chromecast
This option of connecting your gadget to the TV transmitter is suitable for owners of both iPhone and Android smartphones. You can connect to any TV, but you will also need a Chromecast set-top box to connect.
The method allows you to broadcast media content on the big screen, to use it, you need a set-top box, which can be connected to the TV with an HDMI wire. Before performing the actions it is necessary to purchase the Google Chromecast set-top box. After that, you should do the following:
- connect the set-top box to the HDMI-connector of the TV, connect the USB-wire for charging;
- the console is connected to the Wi-Fi network;
- the program Google Home is downloaded to the mobile device, the application is the same for both Android and iOS;
- open the program, make the initial settings, for this you need to enter the cabinet of the application using your personal Google profile;
- launch the desired file, click on the broadcast icon and select the Chromecast device from the proposed list.
Once you’ve done this, you’ll be able to view recordings from your gallery and various programs, as well as stream information from games or give presentations on your TV screen.
The connection method is designed for those who have a phone on the iPhone system. You can connect to any TV transmitter. You will need an Apple TV media set-top box to connect.
After you’ve purchased a set-top box, the following steps are required:
- To check the connection technique, the phone and Apple TV must be connected to the same network;
- on your phone, open the Control Panel tab and press the Repeat Screen button;
- from the list you should select Apple TV.
This option is one of the most convenient ways to connect your iPhone system to the TV. The proprietary AirPlay option provides data transmission to the set-top box over the air.
LG TV CONNECT TO PHONE | how to connect screen lg smart tv
The user will be able to conduct various presentations, transfer images of games, as well as watch videos and listen to music.
How to synchronize your phone with your Samsung, LG TV
Viewing the image from our smartphone screen on the big screen opens up a lot of useful opportunities. We can share vacation photos or videos with our family, conveniently hold a presentation at work, share our creative work with friends, and much more. Here’s how to synchronize a cell phone with the TV using Samsung and LG models as an example. And also what tools will help us to do it.
How to control LG TV from your Android phone or iPhone? Smartphone instead of remote control for TV through LG TV Plus
In this article I’ll show you how to quickly and easily set up LG TV control from your phone. Any modern smartphone running on Android will do. You can set up your LG Smart TV with iPhone in the same way. The setup process is no different. All we need is an LG TV on webOS (models from 2014 onwards) and a smartphone. Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, Honor, Realme, iPhone. it does not matter, any will do.
The TV is controlled by the LG TV Plus application. It works like this: LG TV Plus app is installed on your smartphone, in the app we find our TV, select it, enter the code which is displayed on the TV. Once connected, you can control the TV using the cursor (touchpad). You can switch channels, adjust the volume, run applications, change the inputs on your TV (signal sources). Open the settings, turn off the TV from the phone. In addition to the touchpad (cursor control) in LG TV Plus app, a 5-position joystick is available, like on the remote control. There are playback control buttons.
This way will be interesting first of all for the owners of LG TV sets without LG Magic Remote. The smartphone can to some extent replace it. I mean the cursor control. For example, it is very convenient in the browser. And in general it’s very easy to manage your TV without a remote control. The app is cool and well thought out.
For your phone to see the TV, they need to be connected somehow. There are two options:
- Over the local network (Wi-Fi or LAN). This is the easiest way that you are most likely to use. TV and phone must be connected to the same network (to the same router). As is usually the case. The TV can be connected to the router either by cable or by Wi-Fi. It makes no difference. Here are the instructions just in case: how to connect LG Smart TV to the Internet via Wi-Fi and how to connect LG TV to the Internet via cable.
- Via Wi-Fi Direct. This is when the smartphone connects to the LG TV directly over Wi-Fi. This is only useful if you don’t have a router and your TV is not connected to the internet. Or connected from another network.
I know a lot of people are looking for how to connect via Bluetooth. It doesn’t work via Bluetooth.
How to connect internet on LG TV (on webOS) via Wi-Fi with your phone?
Good day. The TV like you wrote above (LG 43u640v) does not have one from LG. There is a model LG 43UF640V. I think that’s the one you have. Yes, this TV has Smart TV on webOS and has a built-in wifi module. And this is very good in your case.
So you need to connect LG TV set to the internet via your cell phone. You did not write what kind of phone you have with unlimited mobile internet, but I suspect that it is an Android smartphone.
So, in your case, to connect your TV to the Internet and watch on it for example YouTube videos, use the browser and other applications in a Smart TV from LG, you need to share mobile Internet via Wi-Fi with your smartphone, and to connect to this network (which will be distributed by phone) your LG TV. You do not need to buy anything additionally.
- In the settings of your smartphone run a Wi-Fi access point. Depending on the manufacturer, Android version, etc. д., this function may be called differently. Located in the settings, where the Wi-Fi. For example, you can see an article on how to distribute the Internet from a Samsung smartphone (Android 7.0) via Wi-Fi. After starting the access point, the phone will broadcast Wi-Fi network. The phone will be as a modem (router). I advise you to put the phone on a charge, because it will quickly run down.
- Next, in the TV settings, in the “Network” section, you must connect the TV to the Wi-Fi network, which gives out your phone. Just choose your network and specify the password. It is installed on the phone, when you start the access point.
- Your TV will connect to Wi-Fi, and you can run applications in the Smart TV menu. They should be able to access the internet through the phone.
I don’t have such a TV on Smart TV webOS, so I can’t explain in more detail.
Possible problem: many mobile operators block the distribution of mobile internet this way. Therefore, if your operator also blocks, the TV can connect to Wi-Fi, but the Internet will not work.
Try. You can write about the results in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев below. All the best!
Ways to connect your phone to the TV
As always, you first need to decide what exactly you need to connect your smartphone to the TV.
- You want to play files stored in the phone memory (music, movies, photos) on the TV screen, or you want to transmit the smartphone screen to your TV, thus turning it into an additional monitor?
- The second thing you need to understand is how to connect your Android phone to your TV (or Smart TV set-top box) via cable or wirelessly via WI-FI?
Depending on the purpose will choose one of the following methods:
- By USB cable is suitable if you need to connect your phone to the TV as an external drive and see all the files available on the monitor.
- Via HDMI wire is used for the second option, to duplicate the smartphone screen to the TV
- With a DLNA server, the idea is to install an application on your smartphone that turns it into a media server for sharing files over WI-FI. After that you can connect to it from any device in the local network, including your TV.
- Using MiraCast. a universal wireless method, which is suitable for both film broadcasting and screen cloning on TV
The basic ways of connection of the phone to TV LG
Synchronize devices via Wi-Fi, USB cable, or Smart Share technology.
This method will suit the owners of LG smartphones. Make connection in this case
- Establishes a wireless connection on both devices.
- Activate Smart your TV and your phone. Waiting for the completion of the synchronization process.
After that, you can use all the features of the option, such as streaming images to the big screen.
The method is suitable for owners of new TV models equipped with Wi-Fi modules. In this case it is not obligatory to connect the equipment to the router. Option Wi-Fi Direct is intended specially for synchronization of the “smart” TV and phone. Your smartphone should be provided with the Android 4 version of OS.0 or higher.
- Open the main menu of your smartphone. Find the settings icon. Choose the section “Wireless networks”, item Wi-Fi. After clicking on 3 dots in the list find the command Direct. If it is not available, open the subsection “Advanced. Will start automatic search for available networks.
- Using the remote control enter the main TV menu. Here it is also necessary to activate the Wi-Fi Direct function. A list of devices available for connection will open. From the list choose a name of a used mobile gadget. It will receive a request, which must be accepted. After a few seconds the synchronization is completed. The picture and sound from your smartphone will be transmitted to the TV.
The positive qualities of the method considered include:
- No need to use cables;
- The unnecessary availability of a router;
- playback of images and videos of all formats
- The possibility of using the connectors for other purposes, such as charging;
- Internet browsing availability.
The technology cannot be used on older TVs. Phone battery drains quickly if this function is used.
In this case, the mobile gadget turns into a flash drive. The screen will not be duplicated. The method does not allow to run games and applications. It is used to watch videos and photos.
Smartphone is connected to the TV via cable like this:
- One end of the wire is inserted into the corresponding slot on the phone. The larger plug is inserted into the USB port at the back of the TV.
- Open the main TV menu. The USB input is indicated as the signal source. If there is more than one socket, select the number of the one in which the cable is plugged.
After tethering the devices, the interface starts, allowing you to open or move files. It resembles the explorer in a computer. But instead of a mouse, a remote control is used for controlling. Some TV models search for available media files by themselves.
The advantages of the method considered include:
- Universality (all modern appliances are equipped with USB-ports);
- Availability of a cable in the basic phone package;
- automatic charging of the smartphone battery.
- Inability to open Internet pages;
- Lack of access to games and other applications;
- inability to play content online.