How to display picture or video from phone to LG TV
Modern gadgets and home appliances have long become complementary devices due to their ability to connect to the Internet and synchronize. And it is very convenient, as it allows you to expand the functionality and make the use easier and more convenient. For example, you can control your LG Smart TV with your smartphone (turning it into a remote control) or display images and videos from your smartphone on your TV screen.
What is it for? Pros of connecting a smartphone to an LG TV:
Smartphone syncing has many benefits. And here are the main ones:
- You can watch photos and videos from the “Gallery” of your smartphone on a large TV screen in high quality.
- You can play your favorite mobile games by displaying the image on the TV, as well as use various applications (for example, sports applications, applications for learning a foreign language, etc.).
- It is very convenient to browse various sites, as well as read documents and view presentations.
How to connect a smartphone to an LG TV: step by step instructions
Displaying images and videos from a smartphone to an LG TV is possible in several ways, both using a cable and using wireless networks.
Screen Share is a program specially designed to synchronize your phone and LG Smart TV and watch content on the big screen. The transfer of images and videos is carried out using
Miracast standard (Wi-Fi Direct technology). The connection can be made with 100% probability if you have an LG TV and a smartphone. Option may not be supported with smartphones from other manufacturers.
In order to start the synchronization process, you need:
- Press the Home button on your LG TV remote control.
- Find and enable Screen Share app.
- Make sure that the smartphone has Android operating system firmware higher than 4.2 version.
- Activate Miracast mode (in some cases, it may be called AllShare Cast). If your smartphone does not have this option, you will need to download Miracast app on google play.
- In the list of devices available for synchronization, select your TV and connect, following the instructions on the screen.
Important: manufacturers recommend using the phone in horizontal mode and block the change of screen positions so that the picture on the TV screen is not displayed rotated by 90 °.
Owners of non-LG smartphones can try to display images and videos from their phone to their TV using the Wi-Fi Direct function. This is possible if your LG TV is a modern model and supports Wi-Fi.
To sync your smartphone and LG TV via Wi-Fi Direct:
- Make sure your smartphone has Android operating system with firmware higher than 4.0.
- In the “Settings” select the item “Wireless networks”, then the item Wi-Fi.
- Click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner. In the menu that opens, select Wi-Fi Direct.
- If you did not find this option, click on the “Advanced settings”.
- Turn on the TV using the remote control and enter the main menu.
- Select the “Network” item, and in it the Wi-Fi Direct section.
- In the list of devices available for synchronization that opens, select the name of your smartphone.
- A connection request will appear on the phone itself, confirm it by following the instructions.
Connecting a smartphone to an LG TV via HDMI is possible if the phone is equipped with a mini HDMI interface, in other cases, you will need to additionally purchase a special adapter.
- Insert one end of the HDMI cable into the back of your TV and plug the other into your phone port.
- Go to the “Main Menu” of the TV and select the section “Signal Source” / Press the Input button.
- Select the HDMI source that the smartphone is connected to as the source. The connector number can be seen on the back of the TV, but in the vast majority of cases it is the only one active.
In this way, you can display images and videos on LG TV from almost any smartphone: LG, Samsung, Huavei, Lenovo. In order to sync iPhone, you need a special Lightning to HDMI adapter.
Also, different models of smartphones can be connected to LG TV using different connectors. For example, a number of LG phone models (including the LG 2X) are equipped with a dedicated Micro HDMI port or the more modern USB Type-C port. Also, a number of smartphones of democratic models support the MHL standard (Mobil High Definition Link), with the help of which the signal comes directly from the data transfer and Micro-USB charging port. MHL analog. SlimPort standard, implemented in many LG smartphones, allowing video transmission in 1080p resolution.
All of these methods are suitable for older models of smartphones. For newer models, it is recommended to prefer wireless data transfer methods.
How to connect your smartphone to your LG Smart TV
There are several ways to connect your smartphone to your LG Smart TV. The article details two of the most common. Other methods are either no longer available or are used very rarely.
How to connect phone to LG Smart TV via HDMI
This connection is used very rarely, but we must touch on it. A special cable and possibly an additional adapter are used here. One end of the cable uses an HDMI plug that plugs into a similar jack on your TV, and the other end of the cable uses a plug from your port on your phone. As a rule, this wire is difficult to find, so let’s move on to the most common type of connection. via WI-FI
Connecting your phone to a TV via USB
To connect via the USB port on your TV, you need a wire that you usually use to charge your smartphone. In general, it connects in the same way as you connect to a computer in order to drop the necessary media files there.
One end of the wire should have a USB 2.0 Type-A plug, and the other end of the wire should have a plug that fits into your phone. It can be microUSB or miniUsb or whatever, depending on your brand and phone model.
Insert one end of the wire into the phone and the other into the TV through the USB connector. If the connection is valid, the device is connected appears on the TV. In turn, a pop-up window with connection options will appear on your phone. For charging, for example, or for transferring files and images. Choose the second option.
Now, using the Photos & Videos app from the bottom row of the app on your Smart TV screen, you can view your phone’s content. Please note this type of connection is intended only for playing media content from a smartphone to a TV.
Connecting smartphone to LG Smart TV via WI-FI Direct
To play content from a smartphone on a TV, you can use the built-in functionality of the TV. connecting the device to a TV via Wi-fi direct. This technology allows you to connect other devices via a wireless communication channel without using a router.
- Check if the WI-FI direct function is available on the smartphone
- Enable this function in the smartphone setup menu.
- Go to the settings in the “Network” section and then to the WI-FI direct section
- Turn on content sharing
WI-FI direct is not an application, but a function in modern mobile phones. If your smartphone does not support this function, then it is not possible to use it. The connection speed corresponds to a regular WI-FI connection.
Once connected, you can view content from devices using Photos & Videos or Music on TV.
How to connect phone to TV via WI-FI LG Smart TV
This is the most popular and simplest connection, and through it you can do the following.
- Play content from smartphone on TV
- Display the smartphone screen on the Smart TV screen or in another way. screen sharing
- Control your TV using it as a remote control
details about each method of connecting the phone to LG Smart TV via WI-FI can be found in the “Connection Manager”, which is located in the bottom row of applications on the main screen of Smart TV.
The official LG TV Remove app is used to watch content from a smartphone on the TV. Once connected, you can view content such as picture, video or music from Smart devices on your TV. How to download and install it, you can read the article “How to control LG Smart TV from your phone“
After connecting, an icon with the name of the device appears on the main screen of Smart TV on the right side of the screen. If you make it active using the remote control and clicking “OK”, the link “Content Sharing” will appear. By clicking on it, a screen with the contents of the phone will open. Images, videos and other media content will be presented. You can close this screen using the cross in the right corner of the screen.
The link will appear if your smartphone is active. If the phone goes into sleep mode. a splash screen appears, the link will not appear.
Also in the LG TV Remove application itself in the menu you can find the item “Content on the mobile”. By going to it, all media files distributed by sections will open. By selecting the desired image or video, you can display it for playback on the TV screen.
The Miracast connection assumes that the TV panel and the mobile gadget are connected via a router to the home network. To connect to your LG TV using this option, follow the steps below.
The main condition for the implementation of such a solution is that the devices have the necessary connectors and support the selected connection technology. HDMI connection provides complete duplication of images and sound from a smartphone on a TV-panel. USB connection makes it possible to connect your smartphone to TV as a USB flash drive.
Synchronization of the smartphone and TV receiver wirelessly is carried out via a Wi-Fi adapter. Modern LG Smart TV panels and Android smartphones support this technology. You can sync your phone with your TV using different Wi-Fi connection options.
LG TV CONNECT TO PHONE | how to connect screen lg smart tv
Modern TVs are equipped with multiple HDMI ports. If your smartphone has a mini HDMI port, the physical connection is easy with an HDMImini-HDMI cable. It is more difficult to connect devices when the phone does not have the required connector. In this case, you have to purchase a special adapter and use an HDMI-HDMI cable.
- The cable connects to your TV and phone. It is important to remember the number of the used port on the TV-panel.
- In the TV menu, select the port corresponding to the physical connection as the signal source.
- Communication between devices is established automatically.
Using Wi-Fi Direct
This option is suitable for TV panels with a built-in wireless adapter and support for the Wi-Fi Direct function, which is responsible for finding networks to connect. On mobile gadgets with Android OS, this function is supported from version 4 of the system and above.
Connecting devices over the air does not require a connection to a router. All manipulations are performed in the settings of the TV receiver and smartphone. The order is as follows.
- Activate the desired command in the settings of the mobile gadget in the “Wireless networks” section (Wi-Fi Direct or additional settings).
- On the TV in the “Network” section, enable the network search function.
- After the Smart-TV system determines the devices available for connection, a list of them will appear on the screen. You need to select the name of the smartphone and initiate the connection.
- Wait for the signals from the paired smartphone to start playing on the TV.
Technology does not work on older TV models and mobile devices.
How to connect a smartphone to an LG TV
Modern electronic technology allows devices to be connected to each other. So the owners of the equipment, if necessary, can connect the phone to the LG TV. Pairing these devices opens up the following possibilities.
- You can watch photos and videos from the smartphone camera on the big screen of the TV panel.
- Project a movie found on the Internet from a smartphone to a TV screen for more convenient viewing.
- Play mobile online games on the big screen.
- Browse the web on the big screen.
- Read ebooks from a mobile app.
- Demonstrate various presentations from your mobile phone.
- Skype communication.
- Use a smartphone instead of a remote control.
The developers have provided several options for connecting the phone to an LG TV. At the same time, various signal exchange technologies are used: via cable interfaces and wireless. How you can connect a smartphone to an LG TV, we will describe below.
Smart Share (LG phones only)
For wireless communication of LG brand technology, there is a proprietary Screen Share / Smart Share technology. For synchronous operation, the TV and LG smartphone must be part of the same Wi-Fi network. Making a connection is simple: just activate the Screen Share function on both devices, wait for the phone to be identified and confirm the connection.
How to connect with Wi-Fi Direct?
To use this method, you need to have a modern TV with Wi-Fi Direct function and built-in Wi-Fi adapter. The phone must have Android version 4 or higher. Instructions on how to transfer an image from a smartphone to TV are as follows:
- You need to find “Wireless networks” in your smartphone in the main menu, in Settings. There you should find “WI-FI” and then Wi-Fi Direct. The latter can be in additional settings, depending on the smartphone model.
- The device will automatically search for networks for Wi-Fi Direct connection.
- Now you should open the main TV menu and find Wi-Fi Direct there. Click on this command.
- Start searching for equipment that is available for synchronization. Select the required phone model from the list.
- When the corresponding connection request comes to the smartphone, it must be approved.
With this method of connection, image and sound are transmitted, there is the possibility of surfing Internet sites. At the same time, the smartphone itself is easy to put on charge, since all the connectors are free.
How to stream YouTube videos from Android to TV?
To watch any YouTube video on a modern TV, follow these simple instructions:
- Go on an Android device to the YouTube application and its settings.
- Find the “Watch on TV” tab.
- Detailed instructions for connecting the device to Smart TV, as well as a line for the connection code will appear on the screen of the mobile device.
- Launch the YouTube application on TV and go to settings.
- There, connect the TV to the phone and select the line where it says “connect manually”.
- Get the connection code and enter it in the phone.
- Press the “broadcast” button.
Then you need to select a TV from the list and you can enjoy watching.
How to connect a phone to an LG TV, and what are the possibilities? Connection recommendations
There are several ways to connect your phone to your TV. So you can make a real set-top box or just play records from your phone using the TV as a playback device. How exactly to connect depends on the model of equipment and on the capabilities of both equipment. But in any case, it is not difficult.
Connect iPhone to LG Smart TV. Airplay (2021)
Smart Share for devices with Smart TV function (Smart TV)
This option is suitable for LG phone owners. The connection instructions are simple:
- It is necessary to connect both devices to WI-FI.
- Then turn on the Smart Share function on the TV and on the phone.
- Select your phone from the TV menu and start syncing. After a while, a picture from the phone will appear on the TV screen.
This option is popular and is considered very simple. It’s great if your phone or smartphone is equipped with a mini HDMI interface. This allows direct connection. But for the most part, you have to purchase a special adapter. Here’s how to turn on and configure the broadcast or, for example, watch
In this case, the TV screen will play the role of a monitor, completely duplicating the image.
How to connect smartphone to LG?
To connect, in addition to the phone and TV, additional cords or interfaces are required. The exception is WI-FI. Each connection method has its own instructions.
In this situation, the mobile device will become a flash drive, that is, the image from the screen of the mobile device cannot be duplicated on the TV. It will only be possible to transfer individual images from the phone memory to the TV. Connection instructions:
- You need to take a USB cable and connect the phone and the USB port on the back of the TV.
- In the main menu on the TV, you need to select a signal source. this will be a USB input. Then the interface will open directly, in which files will be moved and viewed.
Some models of modern TV immediately after connecting the cable themselves offer to view the files on the device or move them. This system has obvious pros and cons.
- no need to purchase additional cords, since the basic one is included in the complete set of any phone;
- the phone will also be charged during operation.
But there are also some disadvantages:
- there is no opportunity to work online;
- does not allow playing, using various applications;
- internet surfing is also not available.
But at the same time, it is quite a convenient way to view videos and photos from your phone.
What opportunities does it give?
This, first of all, significantly expands the possible functions of the technique. A signal will be played from the phone and transmitted to TV, which in this case will broadcast the image on its screen. As a result, the owner has the following options:
- Play videos, photos, other content on the screen.
- Launch video games, as well as other applications that are in a mobile device and can be downloaded from the play market.
- Open different sites on the Internet and project an image from your phone onto a large screen.
- Freely read literature in electronic format.
- Present presentations.
Miracast Sharing Function
If you have a modern TV and a smartphone that are connected to the same WI-FI network, you can use this interface. The instruction on how to display a picture is simple:
- Turn on TV and open the main menu.
- Open settings.
- Find subsection “Network”.
- Activate Miracast option.
- Lower the shutter on the smartphone to start playback.
How to connect your phone to your LG TV
There are at least three ways to connect your phone to your LG TV. Choose the connection method that suits you:
- Connect your phone with a cable to the USB input of your LG TV.
- Select “Connect as USB storage” on the smartphone screen.
- In the LG TV menu, select “USB Devices”, and in the drop-down menu, select your phone model.
Ready! You can now watch vacation photos and videos captured with your smartphone on your TV screen. This method is suitable for any TV with USB input, and almost any phone.
- Turn on “Wi-Fi Direct” on your phone under “Wireless Connections”.
- In the TV settings, go to the “Network” tab and activate “Wi-Fi Direct”.
- Now the name of your phone should appear in the list of devices available for connection.
- Select your phone and connect to it, confirming the choice.
Ready! Now you can control your TV using LG’s proprietary Wi-Fi Remote technology or stream content from your phone to your TV. In addition, connecting your Smart TV to your phone via Wi-Fi Direct becomes a good way out when there is no other way to connect your TV to the Internet.
LG Smartphone is best connected to LG Smart TV using Smart Share.
- Connect your TV and phone to your home Wi-Fi network.
- Activate Smart LG TV.
- Activate Smart LG Phone.
Ready! Now you can use all the features of Smart Share. for example, display the image from your phone on the big screen.
You can connect your phone to your LG TV in other ways, but most of them require the purchase of additional devices. For example, iOS smartphones can connect to a TV via an AirPlay set-top box or a Lightning Digital AV adapter. Smartphones with separate HDMI output (eg LG 2X) can be connected directly with HDMI cable. Smartphones supporting MHL or SlimPort standards can be connected via a dedicated Micro USB to HDMI adapter.
Finally, the phone can be connected to the TV via the Chromecast media player. Just follow the instructions!
We connect the smartphone to the LG TV via Wi-Fi and not only
There are several ways to connect your mobile phone and TV. Some options transform the smartphone into a real Smart set-top box, while others, on the contrary, only allow you to play media content stored on the cellular device.
If you do not know how to connect mobile phone to LG TV, then this article will be helpful for you. Now let’s get acquainted with the instructions for synchronizing mobile and television equipment. As a result, each user will be able to choose the option that suits him.
Via Wi-Fi using Miracast
We are talking about a modern data transmission standard, the essence lies in the use of wireless channels. If the TV supports this interface, then you can broadcast various content to the big screen. You can also play games, run applications.
The main requirement is that the TV and smartphone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network (router).
- Turn on the TV and go to the main menu.
- Open the settings.
- Go to the subsection “Network”.
- Take your smartphone and lower the curtain to start the broadcast.
Not all versions of the Android operating system support this functionality. The name of the function in question may vary depending on the device model, but the essence is always the same. If you cannot find this command, install an application from Google Play, for example, Miracast. WI-FI Display. Launch it and activate the image transfer function.
Immediately after starting the Miracast function, it will automatically search for devices available for connection, select your TV. Then you need to confirm the synchronization using the remote control. This will start transferring the image. If the picture is not displayed in full screen, then just turn the mobile phone over, i.e. it should be in a horizontal position.
This method is considered to be the simplest. It is desirable that the mobile phone or tablet is equipped with a mini HDMI interface, which will provide a direct connection to a TV. However, this is very rare, so most likely the user will have to buy a special adapter.
How to connect a smartphone to LV TV? Follow the step by step algorithm:
- One end of the cable must be inserted into the connector located on the back of the TV, and the other into the port on the smartphone. Insert the adapter into the micro USB interface first. Remember the HDMI port number where the cable was inserted.
- Turn on the TV and go to the main menu, and then open the tab to select the signal source (or press the Input button on the remote control). It is necessary to select the HDMI input with the same number into which the cable was inserted in the previous step. Usually he is the only one active and available for selection.
- This will automatically adjust the picture to the screen resolution. That is, this is done so that the image is displayed in full screen.
When the devices are connected by cable, the cellular desktop will appear on the TV screen. Samsung, Huawei, Lenovo smartphones are connected to the TV using the same algorithm, there are certain differences in the process of setting up the iPhone (requires a Lightning to HDMI adapter).
- you can ensure uninterrupted operation of the cellular by connecting a charger via USB (if there is a direct mini HDMI output);
- the TV will work as a monitor, that is, the image is duplicated.
- not all smartphones support HDMI connection;
- often you have to buy an adapter.
Convenient and simplest way to synchronize your mobile device and TV.
What will connect the phone to the TV
First of all, connecting the phone to the TV will significantly expand the functionality of the equipment. The smartphone transforms into a kind of projector, since a signal is transmitted from it, and the image is broadcast on a large screen. Thus, each user will be able to:
- play videos, view photos and open other media content from your phone, and then project it onto a large screen;
- launch video games, instant messengers and all kinds of other applications downloaded from the market;
- surf the Internet, that is, open various websites;
- conduct all kinds of presentations, demonstrations, read literature in electronic format.
Controlling your TV from your phone is a convenient and practical solution. However, if you plan to play games, then it is better to connect a joystick.
If the user connects via Wi-Fi, the image from the phone is transmitted over the air. In all other cases, it is necessary to use special cables, interfaces, which, in fact, will be discussed below.
You can also download an app that turns your smartphone into a remote control. This is very convenient, especially in cases where the old remote control is lost or broken. For LG TVs, it is called LG TV Remote (link in Android Google Play, Apple AppStore).
Connecting via Wi-Fi Direct
This type of connection is suitable for owners of modern TV models that are equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi adapter and Wi-Fi Direct function. This type of connection does not need to be connected to a router. As a rule, Wi-Fi can only be connected to smart Smart TVs. You also need to have Android 4.0 or higher installed on your mobile phone.
To connect your smartphone to your LG TV, follow this simple step-by-step guide:
- Take your smartphone, open the main menu, and then go to the “Settings” section. Go to the subsection “Wireless networks”, and then select “Wi-Fi”. Click on the 3 dots in the upper right and select “Wi-Fi Direct”. If there is no such command, then select “Advanced settings”.
- As a result, an automatic search for networks will be launched for subsequent connection using Wi-Fi Direct technology.
- Take the remote control and open the main menu. Go to the “Network” section. As in the previous case, you need to click on the “Wi-Fi Direct” command.
- This starts a search for available devices to sync. To connect a TV and a smartphone, you just need to select a mobile phone model from the list. A connection confirmation request will be sent to the device, it must be approved.
- After a few seconds, the smartphone and TV are synchronized. The signal from the mobile will be broadcast to the big screen, the sound will also be transmitted.
- there is no need to pull a wire across the room;
- does not require a Wi-Fi router;
- you can reproduce medical content in various formats;
- all connectors and inputs are free, so the phone can be charged;
- implemented the possibility of Internet surfing.
- “Wi-Fi Direct” technology is not implemented on old smartphones and TVs;
- mobile phone battery runs out quickly.
If the cellular is configured to the TV via Wi-Fi, then the user will be able not only to play content, but also to open applications. this is a big plus.
If you plan to connect a smartphone to the TV via USB, then remember that the mobile device will be used as a flash drive. This means that the screen will not be duplicated. You cannot play games or run applications. Individual files can be played.
Lenovo, Huawei, LG, Samsung smartphones are connected according to a similar algorithm:
- Take the USB cable, which is included in the basic package of absolutely all mobile devices. Plug one end into the phone jack and the other plug into the port on the back of the TV.
- Open the main menu on the TV and select the signal source. USB input. Sometimes you need to select the input with the same number into which the cable was inserted.
When the devices are bound, an interface opens within which you can move and launch files. In general, the interface is very similar to the explorer of the Windows operating system. Controlled by a remote control.
Some TV models automatically scan connected devices for media files, and also prompt the user to play them.
- universality. absolutely all modern devices are equipped with a USB interface;
- there is no need to purchase additional cables, since the cord is included in the basic package of the mobile;
- during the operation of the device, it will be automatically charged, extending the battery life of the device.
- there is no ability to play content online;
- you cannot play games, use instant messengers and applications;
- Internet surfing is not possible.
If you have memorable photos or videos stored on your phone, then connecting your smartphone to TV via USB is a great opportunity to watch them on the big screen.
As you can see, connecting a mobile phone to a TV device is much easier than it might seem at first. The most affordable options were considered above. Which to choose? It’s up to you to decide.