How to Connect Wireless Bluetooth Headphones to Xiaomi Phone?
A huge number of smartphone users today prefer to use wireless Bluetooth headphones, and companies are abandoning the 3.5 mm jack. If you have purchased wireless headphones and do not know how to connect them to your Xiaomi or Redmi, here are the instructions for you. The model of your headphones does not matter, as long as they are connected via Bluetooth.
Pick up the headphones and turn them on in search mode. How to do it? On some models, you just need to press the power button for 1-2 seconds, after which they automatically go into search mode. On others, you need to press and hold the power key for about 10 seconds, and when the headphones go into search mode, the LED, if any, will change color. If everything is done correctly, the headphones will be displayed on the device screen:
If this does not happen, you can click on the “Update” button. By the way, music is the name of specific headphones, yours may be called differently.
To pair, click on the name of your headphones.
Confirm the pairing by clicking “Accept”. Whether you need to provide access to contacts and call log, it’s up to you. if you use not just headphones, but a headset, then provide.
If you click on the highlighted button, additional settings will open:
In principle, you can leave nothing here.
What’s next? And then launch your favorite player and turn on the song.
Music plays? So you did everything right.
The next time you connect, this process is not required, just turn on the headphones and Bluetooth on your Xiaomi smartphone. pairing should happen automatically.
How to set up Xiaomi wireless headphones
Before you start connecting your Xiaomi headphones to your phone, make sure the headset is fully charged. To do this, just look at the color of the indicator located on each of the headphones. Usually, if the LED blinks blue, then the battery is fully charged, if red. on the contrary, it is discharged.
Xiaomi produces many varieties of wireless earbuds: Redmi AirDots, Mi True Wireless Earbuds, Mi Collar and Mi Sport. You can also find other species that will differ from the previous version by the PRO postscript. Depending on the model of the headset, the principle of connection and setup may differ, therefore, first with the instructions supplied with the kit. But, as a rule, to connect Xiaomi wireless headphones to the phone, you need to do the following:
- We turn on the headphones by pressing the touch or mechanical button.
- After that, press the button again and hold it until a sound signal appears, indicating that it is ready to connect.
- Go to phone settings and turn on Bluetooth.
- We are waiting for the device to appear in the list of available devices. If nothing appears, then you can click on the “Update” button. Also check that the blue light on each earbud is flashing.
- Click on the headphone model in the list and wait for pairing. In the window that appears on the screen, select “Accept”.
Now, when you turn on Bluetooth, the wireless headphones will automatically connect to your phone. To cancel permanent pairing, you need to do the following:
- Click on the name of the headset in the list of connected devices.
- On the page that opens, click on the “Unpair” button.
In order for the headphones to appear in the list again, you need to do the connection steps again.
Problems connecting to the phone
Despite the simplicity of the connection, an unprepared user may encounter some problems. Almost always, the situation is resolved after performing simple actions, which are described in detail below.
If Xiaomi wireless headphones do not connect to the phone, then most likely the problem lies not in the headset itself, but in a system error of the smartphone. We suggest that you familiarize yourself with the main options for eliminating the failure:
- Try restarting your smartphone after turning off Bluetooth. As practice shows, after such an action, many errors disappear for an unknown reason.
- Temporarily disconnect the headphones by holding your finger on the touch or mechanical button for 4-5 seconds. Please note that it is necessary not only to put the headset into standby mode, but to turn it off completely.
- Try connecting the wireless headphones to another smartphone. If the task is feasible, then the problem is definitely in the phone.
What you can definitely ignore when looking for a solution to a problem is the Bluetooth version. If the headphones work with Bluetooth 5.0, and the phone only supports Bluetooth 4.0, then there can be no barriers to connection. Limitations can only be imposed on the uninterrupted range of the headset.
One earphone does not work
The second most common problem is that the sound is heard only in one of the headphones. This is most often caused by the battery of one of the wireless headphones being completely discharged. You can understand this by the indicator: if it is blue, then everything is in order, and if it is red, then the headset is discharged.
Also, it cannot be ruled out that the headphones cannot pair with each other. This is usually due to a system error, but mechanical failures also occur. To fix the problem, you need to do the following:
How to pair Apple Airpods to Xiaomi Redmi Note Phone
- Turn off each of the headphones completely by long pressing the touch panel. The indicator lights should flash red. Press the button on the headset again and wait for about 30-50 seconds. After the appearance of two quick flashes, we stop pressing and just wait until the indicators stop burning altogether.
- We put the headphones in the charging case for 5 seconds, and then we take them out at the same time. After such manipulation, the headphones should pair with each other.
- We are trying to connect the headset to the smartphone. If it is detected by the smartphone as two different devices, then first of all we connect to the right earpiece. If successful, click on the button on the left earphone.
There is also another way to pair each of the earbuds:
- We put the headphones in the case and check that they are fully charged.
- We take out one of the headphones, and it doesn’t matter right or left.
- We expect the headset to turn on automatically, and then turn it off with a long press (30-50 seconds).
- Click on the touch panel until a red indicator appears.
- We take out the second earpiece and do the same. The most important thing is to follow a strict sequence.
- We put the headset back into the case. Each earphone should have a red LED on.
After following these steps, the headphones should work together without any problem.
How to connect Xiaomi wireless headphones to your phone
Xiaomi is engaged in the production of a large number of gadgets, ranging from smartphones to smart sneakers. Recently, the manufacturer has been actively engaged in the manufacture of wireless headphones, which are already very popular among users.
After buying a new headset, many people are wondering how to connect Xiaomi wireless earbuds to the phone. In fact, there is nothing difficult about this, and the entire initial setup will take a few minutes. Now we will tell you in detail about the connection sequence, and also consider possible problems.
Charging problems with Xiaomi wireless earbuds are quite common and can be dealt with at home in most cases. The main causes and options for resolving the failure can be found below:
Thus, you can connect Xiaomi wireless headphones to your phone in a few minutes. And it doesn’t matter what operating system is installed on your smartphone. The headset works correctly with both iPhone and Android devices.
What to do if I cannot connect devices to each other
In the process of connecting wireless headphones to your Honor phone, you may encounter inability to perform pairing.
The reasons for this may be the following:
- The earbuds have exited the connection search state. Usually, after activating the pairing process, the device is in this state for some time (for example, 30 seconds). If you have been connecting the wireless headphones to the phone for too long, then the headphones may come out of this state. Activate the pairing process again;
- Headphones are located more than 10 meters from the smartphone, or several thick walls between devices are interfering with your connection; Your headphones are too far from the phone
- You have restarted Honor and lost Connect with your headset. In this case, the conjugation process will have to start over;
- Accidental device failure. We recommend that you restart both devices; an occasional device crash may cause pairing problems
- Old Bluetooth connections with other devices. Remove such connections from your phone, restart your device, and then try to connect to your Honor phone;
- The presence of a Wi-Fi router in the immediate vicinity that interferes with conjugation. Move a few meters away from the router.
This is interesting: how to make a dark theme on Honor.
How to connect wireless headphones to your Honor phone
Today, wired and inconvenient to use headphones have unconditionally yielded the palm to wireless counterparts. It doesn’t matter if these headphones cost 30 or 300. they connect to your phone using the standard Bluetooth algorithm. If you are a happy owner of an Honor phone, have purchased a Bluetooth headset, and do not know how to pair it with your gadget, then this material is for you. In it we will tell you how to connect modern wireless headphones to your Honor, and what we need for this.
How to connect headphones via NFC
NFC is a wireless technology that works over a very limited (up to 10 cm) distance. If the headphones have an NFC option, this does not mean that they will work precisely through this type of communication. This function is designed to simply facilitate the connection of all the same Bluetooth. no need to make any settings, enter a password: you just need to touch your smartphone to the headphones. NFC is available both for full-size on-ear headphones and for “plugs” such as:
- Make sure the headphones are turned on. Many models have an indicator light that comes on or starts flashing.
- Unlock your smartphone screen and slide the back cover in close proximity to the headphones.
- The status of the indicator light (if any) will change: for example, it will start blinking more often or light up with a constant light. If there is no indicator, most likely, a phrase about connecting the device will sound in the headphones.
TIP: Connect headphones before inserting them into your ears. In case you left them at full volume, a phrase like “Connection established” suddenly and loudly sounding in your “ears” can scare you a lot.
Remember that when you connect a new device, connections with the old ones are broken. That is, if you had the speakerphone connected via Bluetooth in the car, and you decided to connect the smartphone with the headphones, “hands free” will be disabled.
What type of headsets exist
When buying headphones, users are faced with the fact that there is a large selection of models. over, the difference will be in manufacturers, technical parameters and in the device itself. Conventionally, all Bluetooth headsets can be divided into several types:
- A mono headset is an earphone with a microphone for one ear. It is not designed for listening to music, but has technologies to improve the quality of the spoken and filter out extraneous noise. The brightest representatives of the group are headsets from Jabra. To a greater extent, they are designed to relieve the user while driving a car or working when their hands are busy.
- A cordless headset is the most common and common type. The two earpieces are connected with a wire (sometimes a rigid frame). They are often magnetic, which makes them comfortable to wear when the user is not listening to music.
- Headsets without a cable. this type was first introduced by Apple. In this case, the headphones are independent from each other and are simply inserted into the ears. A special box-case is used for charging. The downside is that they are easy enough to lose. It is worth noting that such headset options are produced not only by Apple, there are cheap representatives from China.
- Full-size headsets are large on-ear headphones. They are good because they have capacious batteries, and they can also have a cable connection, that is, they have two modes of operation. wireless and wired. An important point. such devices drown out noise well.
The developers of the Bluetooth headset have provided a special application for the convenience of users. Jabra Assist. The program is designed to control, provide GPS tracking.
The app helps to create a connection between the headset and the phone. Jabra Assist can be downloaded from the Play Market or App Store. Doesn’t take up a lot of smartphone storage space, but improves the use of Bluetooth headsets.
Connecting Airpods to iPhone
It is easiest to connect Apple brand accessories with each other. Just open the charged Airpods case and the iPhone will detect it and prompt you to pair it.
How to connect wireless earbuds to an Honor smartphone
The procedure for connecting Bluetooth headphones to your Honor phone is as follows:
- Turn on your phone and unlock it;
- Swipe from top to bottom to open the quick access panel;
- There, click on the icon in the form of the letter “B”, which usually represents the Bluetooth module. This icon will light up, which means the Bluetooth module will be activated; Activate your Bluetooth
- You can also go to the Bluetooth settings by clicking on the phone settings button, selecting “Wireless technologies” in the menu, and then Bluetooth, the activation panel of which will need to be moved to the right; Activate Bluetooth by moving the lever to the right
- The settings menu will open;
- Turn on your wireless headphones;
- Activate the pairing process on the headphones. This is done differently depending on the headphone model. The most popular way is to hold down the power button for 5-10 seconds. Or, if available, click on a separate pairing button located on the device body. Usually, after activating pairing, the headphone indicator will flash;
- If your Honor did not find the headset in the list of Blutooth devices available for connection, then we will need to perform such a search ourselves. Go to the Bluetooth settings section of your phone, and click on the “Search” button there. The phone will search for nearby Bluetooth devices, and it will find the headphones; The detected headphones will be shown in the list of found devices
- Tap on the name of the found headphones in the list of Bluetooth devices on your phone. The connection will be made and you will see them in the list of connected devices; Headphones will be listed in the list of connected devices
- In some cases, when connected, the headphones may ask for a PIN or other code to connect. The standard pin code for such cases is 0000, 1111, 1234. In some cases, you may need to enter the code to connect the headphones
Usually, after pairing, the smartphone and the headphones remember each other’s identification data. Now you do not need to carry out the above pairing procedure every time. All you need to do is turn on your Honor and the wireless headset and you can continue to enjoy the audio benefits of the latter.
pairing headphones to a smartphone
The first way to connect Xiaomi Redmi AirDots headphones to a mobile device is as follows:
Connecting Xiaomi Redmi AirDots headphones to the phone
Xiaomi Redmi AirDots are high-quality wireless TW-earbuds, the advantages of which include a nice design, good battery life and excellent ANC noise cancellation. The latter function will allow you to fully focus on the music or communication with your subscriber. Plus, these earbuds are comfortable to operate and have good water resistance.
To pair Xiaomi AirDots with your phone, you must use one of the methods described below.
connecting Xiaomi Redmi AirDots with a mobile device
To pair your Xiaomi Redmi AirDots and your smartphone, do the following:
- Cancel the existing pairing of your headphones with other devices (phone, tablet, PC, etc.) using the settings functionality on these devices;
- Remove the headphones from the case and completely disconnect them by holding the buttons for 5-6 seconds until the red LEDs turn on;
- Now hold down these buttons for 20-30 seconds. They will first be signaled by flashing white indicators, after 10 seconds with red-white flashing, and then again with red-white flashing after about 5 seconds;
- Turn them on by holding their touch area for about 3 seconds;
- The left earbud will sync with the right. During synchronization, you will hear simultaneous sound in the right and left headphones, and only the right one will flicker with white light;
- All that remains is to connect them to the phone. As we wrote above, usually it is enough to connect only the right (“R”) earphone for this.
How to Use Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
The duration of active work of a pair of Xiaomi Redmi AirDots headphones is estimated at approximately 4-5 hours. If you listen to only one of them, then its work will increase by about 1 hour compared to the declared.
If you want to connect one Xiaomi Redmi AirDots earphone to the phone, then do the following:
- Turn on Bluetooth on your phone and activate device search on the gadget;
- Click on the touch panel of the desired headphone;
- Your earphone (“Redmi AirDots_L” or “Redmi AirDots_R”) will be displayed in the list of found devices on your phone;
How to connect both Redmi AirDots earbuds
When charging in a case, both earbuds must form a pair for synchronous sound reproduction through the emitters. If both plugs are working, do the following:
- Pre-enable Bluetooth on your phone.
- Take the headset out of the case and press the mechanical buttons on both earbuds. Hold them until the LEDs turn white.
- Since the right “ear” is designated as the main ear, the indicator on it will start blinking.
- Start a search for new devices via Bluetooth on your smartphone, if Mi AirDots Basic_R does not appear in the list of available ones.
- Click on the name to connect your smartphone and headset.
- A window will appear asking you to allow the headphones to access the contacts (the text in the insert may differ depending on the phone’s OS shell).
- Agree, then you can listen to music through the headset.
Important! If there is no sound in the left earphone, press its mechanical button to wake up from sleep mode.
How to fix Redmi AirDots sync issues
The problem of out-of-sync earbuds occurs when the initial activation of the headset is broken or it malfunctions after 1-2 months of use. In this case, Xiaomi headphones will have to be reset to factory settings:
- Go to the list of devices connected to the phone via Bluetooth and remove the “plugs”.
- Take the headphones out of the case and simultaneously hold down the control buttons on both.
- After a few seconds, the indicator will blink in red and white. Don’t let go of your fingers until the second flicker occurs.
- Return the two earbuds back to the case to set up a communication channel between them.
- Remove them from the power connectors and wait until the indicator ripple decreases. The LED should continue to light only on the right earphone.
- Reconnect to your smartphone and enjoy music.
Attention! This instruction is also relevant if during a conversation or listening to tracks, sound disappears or the headphones do not connect to the device the first time. Make sure the earbuds and case are charged, otherwise syncing may fail again. When the battery capacity is 100%, the indicator glows white, discharged ones glows red.
How to connect bluetooth headset with Xiaomi Redmi Note phone
How to connect both Redmi AirDots headphones to the phone at once
Air Dots wireless headphones from Xiaomi can work separately, playing sound only through the left or right headset. Let’s figure out how to connect both headphones to a phone or other device immediately after syncing via Bluetooth.
Tips for connecting Redmi AirDots
Xiaomi earbuds have several features to be considered when connecting and using them:
- Mechanical keys on the “plugs” are able to receive, reject and drop calls, pause and switch musical compositions. Adjust the volume exclusively on the phone.
- The earbuds can be used separately, saving battery power. To do this, remove only one of them from the case and connect it to the device.
- The battery life of the headset is 3-4 hours, depending on the set volume. The battery is recharged after 45 minutes.
- Headphones are connected to smartphones on Android, iOS and devices with other OS in the same way.
- Some smartphone models may not see the “plugs” due to compatibility issues.
- If the headphones are disconnected in a crowded place (shopping mall, subway, etc.), the reason is the presence of frequency noise.
2 Redmi AirDots headphones should connect to the device automatically after syncing inside the case. If they don’t connect to each other, reset them to factory settings.