If it is not possible to connect your PC to the Internet using the above methods, you can use your smartphone as a Wi-Fi access point or a regular USB modem. In the first case, a wireless adapter is required (see above), and in the second, a USB cable.
For normal operation of the access point, you need to make a number of settings in the phone menu or use a special program.
If the computer is not equipped with a wireless module, then there is only one option. to use the phone as a regular modem.
- Go to the network connection settings and select the access point and modem control section. In other versions, this block can be located in the section “System.. Hotspot”, as well as “Networks. Shared modem and networks”.
Next, put a daw next to the “USB-modem” item.
This type of Internet service provision does not provide for special requirements for access. login and password. In this case, the cable is directly connected to the LAN connector on the computer or router.
In most cases, with such a connection, additional steps are not required, but there is one exception. when the provider provides the subscriber with a separate IP address and its own DNS server. This data must be registered in the network settings in Windows. The same will have to be done if the provider has changed, that is, find out which IP the previous one provided and the current provider gives.
- First, we need to get to the corresponding settings block. Click RMB on the network icon in the notification area and go to the “Network Control Center”.
Next, follow the link “Changing adapter parameters”.
Here we click RMB on “Ethernet” and press the “Properties” button.
Now you need to configure the parameters of the TCP / IP protocol version 4. Select it in the list of components and go to properties.
We check the IP and DNS data. If the provider provides a dynamic IP address, then all switches should be in the “Automatic” position.
If additional parameters are received from him, then we enter them in the appropriate fields and click OK. This completes the setup, you can use the network.
Ethernet has one peculiarity. the connection is always active. In order to be able to disable it manually and do it quickly (by default, you will have to go to the network settings every time), create a shortcut on the desktop.
Now, if the Internet is connected, then when the shortcut is launched, we will see the “Status-Ethernet” window, in which you can find some information and disconnect from the network. To re-connect, just run the shortcut again and everything will happen automatically.
We connect the Internet
There are several ways to connect to the global network, it all depends on your capabilities and (or) needs.
- Cable connection. This is the most common and simplest option. The provider in this case provides the subscriber with a line. a cable that runs into the room, which is connected to a PC or router. There are three types of such connections. regular, PPPoE and VPN.
- Wireless. Here, access to the network is carried out through a Wi-Fi router, to which the same provider’s cable is connected. Mobile 3G / 4G Internet can also be attributed to wireless methods.
- We will separately discuss the possibility of using a mobile phone as a modem or access point.
HIKVISION NVR/DVR NETWORK SETUP
Connect a computer to a Wi-Fi router is akin to a simple cable one: everything happens as simple and fast as possible. This only requires an adapter. In laptops, it is already built into the system, but for a PC you will have to purchase a separate module. There are two types of such devices. internal, connected to the PCI-E connectors on the motherboard, and external, for the USB port.
After installing the module and determining it by the operating system, a new network connection will appear in the notification area, through which we will receive the Internet, just click on it and click “Connect“.
Of course, an appropriate Wi-Fi network must be configured on the router. How to do this can be found in the instructions supplied with the router. Setting up modern devices, in most cases, will not cause difficulties.
Wi-Fi networks, with all their merits, can be quite capricious. This is expressed in connection breaks, lack of connection with devices and the Internet. The reasons are different. from driver problems to incorrect network settings.
3G / 4G modem
All mobile Internet providers provide users with modems equipped with built-in memory with written software. drivers and a client application. This allows you to connect to the network without unnecessary gestures. When connecting such a modem to the USB port of a computer, you need to install the program and run it. If autorun of external devices is disabled in the operating system and the installer does not start automatically, then you need to go to the “Computer” folder, find a disk with the corresponding icon, open it and run the installer manually.
To access the Internet, just click the “Connect” button in the program.
If you do not want to constantly use the client application, then you can use the automatically created connection.
In the event that a new item does not appear in the list, then you can create a connection manually.
- In the “Browser Properties” “Control Panel” on the “Connections” tab, click the “Add” button.
Enter your username and password. In most cases, the operator’s name is entered in both fields. For example, “beeline”. The dialed number is 99 #. After all the settings, click “Connect“.
Working with such a connection in Windows 10 is exactly the same as in the case of VPN, that is, through the settings window.
In Windows 7, things are a little simpler again. Open the list, click on the name, and then click the “Connect” button.
5 ways to connect your computer to the Internet
VPN is a virtual private network or simply a “tunnel” through which some ISPs distribute the Internet. This method is the most reliable from a security point of view. In this case, you also need to manually create a connection and access data.
- Go to “Network parameters” by clicking on the network icon.
Open the “VPN” section and create a new connection.
How to set up remote viewing on Hikvision DVR/NVR (Latest Firmware 2018)
Enter the authentication data provided by the provider and click “Save”.
To connect to the network, open the list again by clicking on the icon and select the created connection.
The parameters window will open, in which you will have to click on our connection again, and then on the “Connect” button.
This was an instruction for Windows 10, in the “seven” everything happens a little differently.
- To create a connection, go to “Control Panel”. “Browser Options”.
Next, on the “Connection” tab, click on the “Add VPN” button.
In the first window, enter the address.
In the second. login, password and click “Connect”.
Subsequently, to connect, you need to perform just a couple of actions: open the list of connections, select the one you need and click “Connect“.
PPPOE is a high-speed connection, the only difference from the previous one is the need to independently create a connection with the specified username and password provided by the provider. However, there is one more feature: PPPOE can compress and encrypt data. As already mentioned, access to the network still occurs using a cable connected to a PC or router.
Here we select the first item. “Internet connection” and click “Next”.
In the next window, press the big button with the name “High Speed (with PPPOE)”.
We enter the login and password received from the provider, for convenience we save the password, set the name and general access, and then click “Connect”. If everything is done correctly, then in a few seconds the Internet will work.
PPPOE can be controlled in the same way as Ethernet. using a shortcut.
What problems may arise during Hikvision update?
There are basically two main risks during installation:
- Incorrectly installed firmware. This happens quite often and this may be due to various reasons: the cable has moved away, a jump of light, an unstable Internet connection, etc.
- Firmware problem. It also happens that the firmware itself introduces new problems, which then the user needs to fix. It happens that multiple THD cables and other cameras are connected via an analog connection. Some firmware do not allow pairing, but they are unstable.
What you need to flash Hikvision equipment?
- Directly the firmware for the device. you need the digicap.dav file, which is in the archive. You can download the firmware for your device at the link: ftp.Hikvision.ru/.
- TFTP server, which can be downloaded from the same link as the firmware for the device
- Switch for connection between camera and PC (this will ensure a stable connection of devices).
When you have all the files and devices, you can go to the direct process of flashing the device.
Hikvision Hardware Firmware Sequence:
- Turn off the device on which you will update the system.
- Unzip the contents of TFTP.zip to the root folder.
- Copy the digicap.dav update file to the TFTP folder.
- Change the IP address to 22.214.171.124, mask 255.255.255.0.
- Run the installed tftpser.exe file.
- Turn on upgradeable hardware.
- Wait until the information about the connection of the camera appears in the program window and the file transfer ends.
If the camera does not connect to the server, look at the event log, which is written in the tftpserv.log file in the tftp folder. You need to make sure that before starting the update, tftpserv.exe appears in the program window. Sometimes an installed antivirus or other programs protecting your computer can block the update. If the installation was completed successfully, you will see the following window:
How to update firmware in Hikvision via TFTP server?
Any Hikvision camera or video recorder is reliable equipment, stable operation of which is ensured by modern software. But during operation, various problems may arise that disrupt the stable operation of the devices. In this case, the firmware of the Hikvision equipment becomes necessary.
Also, the firmware is constantly being updated, excluding various accuracy in the operation of devices. They make small improvements. in this case it is recommended to update. Let’s take a look at the procedure on how to update the firmware on Hikvision devices, what risks exist and how to eliminate them.
How to eliminate problems when flashing Hikvision devices?
Let’s consider a few tips to help eliminate problems during software updates on Hikvision products:
- if possible, for the period of flashing, you need to power the camera from the battery. the equipment can be connected via an uninterruptible light source, which will eliminate the risk of interruption of the light source;
- download the update file two or three times and compare the sizes. if they are different, then you have problems with the Internet and it is advisable to postpone the firmware;
- you do not need to take the firmware on the forum or from other unverified sources, but download only from reliable sources or ask your seller;
- read the detailed description of the firmware. you must understand what you are installing;
- when the firmware of the device is completed, reset all settings to factory settings. this will solve some problems in the operation of the device.
As you can see, the process of installing Hikvision firmware is quite simple, but requires some knowledge. If you do not have enough knowledge, time or desire to update Hikvision products yourself, you can always contact our specialists. We will carry out the firmware of the device with a full guarantee of stable operation. We are also always ready to advise on all issues of interest.
What are the possibilities?
Before you remotely connect to another computer, you should know what opportunities this operation gives you:
- After gaining access to the files, you can perform various manipulations with them. For example, it becomes possible to send large documents and folders, the size of which does not allow for this in a standard way. It does this by creating a secure link that other users can use.
- The ability to exchange folders, files or documents between the accessing device and what it provides.
- Allows you to secure access to another device in order to solve any problems that have arisen during the operation of the system. The guest also gets the ability to control input and output peripherals.
How to connect to another computer remotely over the Internet
The material presented below contains detailed information on how to connect to the Internet of another computer using various utilities, as well as perform some manipulations with its contents and the operating system. For example, install or remove programs.
What it is?
Remote access is understood as a function that allows the user to connect to a third-party computer using the global network for communication. In order for this activity to become possible, it is necessary that a high-quality connection be present on the device to which you plan to connect. You also need to have the remote access function enabled.
Using Google Chrome
Now let’s look at the option of how to connect to another computer using an Internet browser. To do this, you must follow the following algorithm:
What is necessary?
Before connecting to another computer locally, you must meet a number of conditions that will allow you to perform the required operations without problems:
- both devices must have a high speed Internet connection;
- there must be an external static ip address;
- the operating system of both computers must be at least Windows XP Professional SP2 and all versions following it;
- fully completed access settings, which is required to control the remote desktop;
- an account with administrator rights must be registered on the computer.
Connection through the program
The first option, how to connect to another computer via the Internet, involves using a special utility called TeamViewer. To perform the required operation, follow the instructions below:
- After installing the program, run it, find out the ID of your computer. This information will be located in the left half of the window. There will be a subsection titled “Allow Remote Control”. Here you can find out your data.
- Now you need to change your password. To do this, click on the arrow of the password options (under the ID). After the context menu appears, run the sub-item for creating a personal code word. Come up with data, enter it and confirm the changes.
- Now complete the operation to install and configure the program on the second device.
- Before connecting to another computer, enter its ID in the special field located on the right side of the utility window.
- Place a marker opposite the line labeled “Remote Control”.
- Activate the connection to the partner by clicking the button of the same name.
- Next, enter the password you created earlier and log in.
- Wait a while for the screen of the second device to appear in the program window on your computer.
- After that, you can start interacting with its files and programs.
Working from Windows
There is also the possibility of remote access to another device. How to do it, :
- using the search bar, start the “Control Panel” program;
- after opening it, go to the system and security settings section;
- in the “System” sub-item, open the settings tab for this type of access;
- after that, a special subroutine with the properties of this function will be launched;
- now you need to make a number of changes in order to be able to connect to this computer (for this, move the marker from the line that prohibits remote access to the allowing one, which is located immediately below it).
It should be noted that on earlier versions of Microsoft Windows, the user was offered a choice of two types of connections:
- the first one allowed connecting devices on which any version of this utility was installed. it is considered unsafe;
- the second option allowed connecting only those computers that used the Remote Desktop Protocol.
How to set up remote access?
Enable remote connections on the computer you want to connect to.
- Make sure you have Windows 10 Pro installed.
- When you’re done, go to Start Settings System Remote Desktop and turn on Enable Remote Desktop.
How to connect to a remote desktop?
You can start the Remote Desktop Connection program from the Start menu. All Programs. Accessories. Remote Desktop Connection, or by running the mstsc.exe command (to do this, press the WINR key combination and enter the command name in the Run window that appears).
How to access Remote Desktop from your phone?
How to remotely access a computer
- Open the Chrome Remote Desktop app on your Android device.
- Select the desired computer from the list. If the computer is not connected to the Internet or is not available, its name will be grayed out.
- You can control your computer in two modes.
How to set up remote access to a computer from a phone?
On Windows 7 and 8, go to Control Panel, select the System and Security category, then System. Here in the panel on the left, click on the line “Configure remote access”. Check the box “Allow remote assistance connections to this computer”.
How to connect to Dedik on Windows 10?
How to log into Dedicated Server or how to use Dedicated Server?
- On your (!) Computer, select the “Remote Desktop Connection” item.
- In the appeared connection window, enter the IP address (usually the field is called “computer name” or “address”), go to the “additional” or “options” tab and enter the username that you were given upon purchase.
How to connect to Windows 10 Remote Desktop over the Internet?
In order to allow connections to a remote computer, do the following on it:
- Open the “Control Panel”;
- Go to the “System” section;
- Select “System Protection”;
- Select the “Remote Access” tab;
- Activate the item “Allow remote connections to this computer”;
Where to enable remote access to the server?
How to enable Remote Desktop The easiest way to allow access to your computer from a remote device is to use the Remote Desktop options in the Options section. The simplest way to allow access to your PC from a remote device is using the Remote Desktop options under Settings.
How to add devices to your Hik-Connect account on PC?
Hik-Connect is a new service introduced by Hikvision, which combines a dynamic domain name service and an alarm notification service. For Hikvision devices such as IP camera, Turbo-HD DVR or NVR, Hik-Connect provides an easy way to connect to the Internet without the need for a dedicated IP address.
Before starting work, it is recommended to activate the UPnP function in the router and in the device being configured, or to configure port forwarding in the router manually.
You can configure viewing via Hik-Connect even if you have not enabled UPnP or configured port forwarding, however, in this case, you will not be able to use the Hik-connect domain name service.
The user interface may not be identical to the one below, depending on the firmware version and specific IP camera or NVR. However, the information and approaches to configuration are common for all devices that support Hik-Connect.
The firmware version of the device must support Hik-Connect, the IP camera must be activated, and the IP address, subnet mask and gateway must be specified in the basic network settings of the camera.
Configuring access to IP cameras through the Hik-Connect website
Setting up a connection through the Hik-Connect portal
Enter the address www.hik-connect.com into the address bar of your web browser.
Enter your username and password for the previously created account. If you do not have an account. register an account.
Go to device management and click “Add”
Enter the serial number of the device and click “Search”
When the connection is established (the device must be powered and connected to the Internet), the device model and the confirmed serial number appear in a pop-up window. If this is your device, click “” to continue.
Enter the verification code and click add to complete.
A pop-up window confirms access. The device now appears on the device management page.
Double click on the device’s IP address will open a new window with the device’s login and password.
Don’t forget to configure the UPnP function on your router;
When adding multiple devices from the local network to your account, configure individual HTTP, RTSP and server ports on each device to work through Hik-connect;
After adding IP cameras to your account, you can share access to it to other users of the service.
Articles on video surveillance that may be useful: