Battery life of the headphones is average
Usage time, music or conversation in stereo (two earphones) 4:40h at 40% volume, 3:45h at 100% volume Usage time, music or conversation in mono (one earphone) 6:00h at 40% volume Usage time including charging from the case up to 14h (if earphones charged earlier plus 2 full charges from the case)
How to charge the Redmi AirDots 2. the headphones are charged in the case. Can be charged when the case charges itself or when the case is charged.
How to charge the case Redmi AirDots 2. the case is charged via a micro USB cable (which is not included) from a charger or computer. Case charge current up to 0.2A.
Charging time the headphones. 1:10h Charging time the case without headphones. 1:40h Charging time the case together with headphones. 2:10h
Wireless headphones why only one headphone works: what to do
The main problems that most often occur during the connection and use of TWS headphones Xiaomi:
- When the headphones do not sync with each other. These TWS earbuds work like this: there is a main earphone, on my Earbuds basic it is the right. When we turn them on or take them out of the case, the left earphone plugs into the right one. They sync up. Then we connect the right earphone to the device and both headphones play. But it happens that there is an unsynchronization. Why the headphones do not connect. And one, right or left earbuds Redmi AirDots not working. Or just the left or right earphone does not connect. Most often the left.
- When Xiaomi Redmi AirDots or Earbuds headphones do not connect to your phone, tablet, laptop, etc. д. often than not the device cannot see them. We open the list of available Bluetooth devices, and the headphones don’t show up there. But they are not in the case and are plugged in.
- When the Xiaomi headphones don’t charge. The left or right earphones do not charge, or the case (aka the charging case, which in turn charges the headphones) does not charge.
Update: For those who came to this page with a problem where the left, or right, earpiece completely stopped working. The light does not turn on, does not respond to pressing a button. This article has a working solution that has gathered a lot of positive feedback in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев. See the solution below in the article where I talked about charging problems.
Press and hold the buttons on both headphones for 15 seconds. Once the indicator light flashes red and white alternately three times (then flashes again), release the buttons and return the headphones to the charging case. Remove Redmi AirDots from the list of paired devices on your smartphone if they are there.
Read first, then connect according to the instructions: Cancel pairing (remove headphones) on all devices: smartphone, computer Remove both headphones from the case and disconnect them: press the buttons for 6 seconds until the red LEDs light up Again, press both buttons for 15 seconds: first will blink white, after 10
- Put both headphones in the case and close it.
- Press the side button for a few seconds until the light on the case lights up
- Now press the side button again for a few seconds until the LED on the case starts to flash.
- The headphones are ready to pair.
- Press the buttons on both earbuds until the red light appears.
- Put the headset into the charging case
- Turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone and wait until the accessory appears in the list of available devices.
Separately xiaomium.ru offers a detailed listing of both positive and negative factors of each headphone standard.
- Moving. The absence of a wire does not restrict movement and does not require a smartphone to be in the vicinity at all times;
- Smallness. Note the minimalist style AirDots model from Xiaomi. The device is perceived as a quality and relatively affordable analogue of the Apple headset;
- Fun in a cool way. Over the current period continues to add new wireless solutions with a unique design.
- Requires a power supply, as wireless headphones use up the power of the built-in battery;
- complicated connection, so the primary pairing with a mobile device can take time, and inexperienced users often confuse the sequence of manipulations;
- High cost. Quality paraphernalia with appropriate functionality shows a less loyal pricing policy.
- No need to monitor the battery charge, so playing songs can take place indefinitely;
- Standard connection. To start using the headphones, you only need to plug the cable into the appropriate jack;
- Price. At a cost of up to a few thousand, you can buy a great solution with the necessary features and potential.
- The presence of the wire, which in active movement significantly interferes and requires the constant presence of the phone;
- Cable breakage. During long-term use, the braid and components can wear out and break, as well as forming cracks, and the replacement of such elements involves new costs;
- Irrelevance. Today, the most popular are models that connect via Bluetooth, and the standard method with a wire is gradually less distributed.
It is difficult to decide on preferences? In this case, it is recommended to pay attention to a special type, which involves both the possibility of using a mobile protocol, as well as cable.
The connection is usual: turn on the laptop Bluetooth, then on the phone, then look for a new device on the computer. When the phone is detected you need to perform the pairing, Xiaomi will display a menu with the choice “Allow access to this device”, click “Yes”.
First of all, make sure your Windows 7 computer supports Bluetooth.
- Turn on the Bluetooth device and make it discoverable.
- Select start devices and printers.
- Select Add a device, select your device, and click Next.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
First way of connecting
If you can only hear the right earphone on the AirDots after these steps, tap the touchpad on the left earphone.
The manufacturer intended for the headphones to automatically connect to your phone as soon as Bluetooth is turned on. As soon as the LED stops flashing on the two headphones, it will indicate readiness for pairing.
The wireless headset also comes with a special box for them, instructions and spare ear cushions. The device is charged and stored in it. However, the user will not see the charging cable itself in the box. It is assumed that you need to use the wire that comes with the phone with a Micro USB connector. It is not very convenient for owners of Samsung and iPhone, which have only USB-C or Lighting. Therefore, you should also take care of buying a charging cable.
As for the characteristics of headphones, they are presented in the table below.
|Box size, mm||624027,2|
|The size of the headset, mm||26,6516,421,6|
|Weight of headphones, g||4,1|
|Weight of the box with the device, g||35,4|
|Headset battery capacity, mAh||40|
|Battery capacity of the box, mAh||300|
|Max operational time, h||4|
|Maximum standby time, h||150|
|Charging time of the device, h||1,5|
|Box recharging time, h||2|
|The type of connection used||Bluetooth 5.0|
|Allowable distance, m||Up to 10|
The box itself is made of matte plastic, which adds an advantage to the appearance of the device. The same goes for the headphones themselves. But the latter has a glossy trim. The lid of the box is quite movable, but it is not easy to open, this is due to the installed magnets.
Modules are held by magnets in the same way. They are deeply seated in the box, so it takes time to get the hang of getting them out of there quickly.
To switch music, change volume and other control commands, there’s a touch pad. There is also a light indicator, which is displayed in white and red.
Regarding the distance that you can take the headphones away from the source, the documentation talks about 10 meters. This is the standard range for a type of connection like Bluetooth. However, it is worth keeping in mind all the interference, so the distance will actually be a little less. You can go into the next room, but the signal will start to interrupt further.
The headphones sound good enough. But many users observe the lack of bass. So you have to further tune the sound with the equalizer. It is not quite convenient if the player is not designed for such settings.
For example, let’s perform the procedure on a standard laptop running Windows 10. Also this instruction is suitable for earlier versions of operating systems, namely Windows 7, 8, 8.1. The only differences will be in the sequence of items and names.
Go to “Start” and select “Settings” with the gear icon.